Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2006, 04:20 PM   #3151
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Ok, so running with the ball that Qwikshot is trying to hand me...do you have any suspicion of Dubb? Dubb claims that Lathum believed that he was helping the villagers' cause. Could we be looking at more than 2 more bad guys?

Dubb prove this, or believe this? Lathum is skirting around the chubby acusation, he won't confirm it because it'll damn him into the evil party, and he won't deny it on the grounds that dubb would scan him to see if he was being truthful (which he wouldn't be)...I got him, and you guys are gonna let him slip away...christ, you can kill me tomorrow if he comes up good...but he WON'T!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:21 PM   #3152
Vince
Pro Starter

By the way, if there are only two more bad guys left, and they are Dubb and Lathum, I expect a HUGE apology from anyone who discounted my conspiracy theories, which would then be 66% true.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #3153
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Dubb prove this, or believe this? Lathum is skirting around the chubby acusation, he won't confirm it because it'll damn him into the evil party, and he won't deny it on the grounds that dubb would scan him to see if he was being truthful (which he wouldn't be)...I got him, and you guys are gonna let him slip away...christ, you can kill me tomorrow if he comes up good...but he WON'T!

Huh? Dubb has no more scans (unless he's been lying as well).
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #3154
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey, so other than Ctrl-F and searching for a poster's name, is there an easier way to search only this thread for posts by a certain user?

Advanced search, put in the name you want, and go for threads with over 2500 replies selected by posts.

Clunky, but effective.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #3155
Vince
Pro Starter

Dola -- Dubb claims that he used his soothsayer role on one of Lathum's statements that he is only around to help out the villagers, and the result came back that he was telling the truth.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #3156
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Advanced search, put in the name you want, and go for threads with over 2500 replies selected by posts.

Clunky, but effective.

Thanks path.

Any thoughts on the current situation? I'm pretty much lost right now, and you're one of the people I trust (though I'm on your suspicious list, jerk ).
Old 06-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #3157
path12
Coordinator

Right now I'm kind of waiting to hear from Lathum. Qwik is making a sort of compelling argument, and we might be able to absorb a wrong guess. I'm also interested if saldana is gonna spontaneously combust today or not.

And yeah, you're on my list but it's nothing personal.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:34 PM   #3158
path12
Coordinator

Dola, I also want to go back through Qwik's posts, but I've been busier than I'd like and am in and out here right now.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:34 PM   #3159
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, I'm going to go away for a while, and think. One last question for Qwik before I leave...

If we assume Dubb to be telling the truth, he is out of scans. He has also claimed that Lathum was not lying about being on the side of the good guys. Qwik, do you believe Dubb is lying?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:41 PM   #3160
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola, I also want to go back through Qwik's posts, but I've been busier than I'd like and am in and out here right now.

Specifically the ones the day Lathum/Fouts were up for lynch.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:08 PM   #3161
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm kind of confused and overwhelmed by the sheer volume to go over.

First off, I'm amazed that Fouts was an avatar; and while Lathum was fighting to keep him alive that somehow was bringing him to suspicion...moreso after proof that Fouts was an avatar?!?
Another baddie was slaughtered at night outside of Vince's abode, yet Vince has no knowledge of this. So do we have another vigilante? Was Vince protected? Or something else?

I got barkeep in my CoT. I think if anything Lathum gets a vote of confidence to me because of his dedication to preserving Fouts and proof that his chief opponent was Alan T who ultimately was proven to be a necro. path is pharoah so I would think he would be against the necromancers and thus, good.

Qwik, what happened between yesterday morning and today to cause your switch on Lathum?
Old 06-27-2006, 05:12 PM   #3162
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Right now I'm kind of waiting to hear from Lathum. Qwik is making a sort of compelling argument, and we might be able to absorb a wrong guess. I'm also interested if saldana is gonna spontaneously combust today or not.

And yeah, you're on my list but it's nothing personal.

as far as i know, nothing has changed in my condition, i was told i would die on day 7, but i dont know when, so i guess i will try and offer any insights i may have.

i am inclined to believe qwik....something about everything lathum has done has been very suspicous and deceptive. no where has he actually come out and said "yes, i am the prophecy" even though he has been asked directly several times, including once by me. (btw, he said he was out for work and wouldnt be in today, so dont expect his answer anytime soon). in fact, as recent as the last page, he says "if i were the prophecy".

i also belive he killed blade....if blade had been given the same disease i have, he would have known about it just like i do, and i am sure he would have said something. i am gonna give qwik the benefit of the doubt for now

unvote qwikshot
vote lathum
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:12 PM   #3163
path12
Coordinator

#2417 Bolded by me.

Quote:
Okay...I'm not moving off Fouts, for one reason and one reason only...

There hasn't been a night kill attributed to the baddies...I don't think they're as large in number as we thought. I think they're still trying to find each other...

The botched attacks were lone assassins, and one lost his knife, so I'm guessing he may have lost the ability to attack further.

The disease attack on Blade shows the desperation, the head nec went blindly after a veteren player.

The mummy is the most logical choice because we assume there is one seer, it's not that all of us are baddies, it just seems so blatantly obvious that Fouts is the mummy because of the evidence.

So we got a pissing match for pro and con of keeping Fouts, but if Fouts is a mummy, we know someone will die tonight because the mummy will kill someone.

If Fouts isn't the mummy, then I will take that gamble because, it still means that the baddies are splintered.

Doesn't it strike anyone odd the number of nights now without a successful kill, I wake up and worry every morning and grow more and more alarmed...maybe Bek, bullet and just the head baddie...we may be better off than we think?

But I'm not moving off Fouts, it seems too obvious who and what he is, and what his intentions are.

But now there is far more evil than I imagine?
Old 06-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #3164
path12
Coordinator

saldana, I'm not against voting for Lathum by any stretch for the reasons you state. My main concern is possible unknown ramifications for lynching the prophecy.

I am interested to hear what happened exactly that made Qwik change his tune about Lathum so suddenly.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #3165
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heading home from work, vote count as of Post #3164:

Lathum - Qwikshot (3045), King (3128), Saldana (3162)
Qwikshot - Lathum (3050), SnDvls (3134)
King - Tyrith (3093), Anxiety (3103)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:23 PM   #3166
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
saldana, I'm not against voting for Lathum by any stretch for the reasons you state. My main concern is possible unknown ramifications for lynching the prophecy.

I am interested to hear what happened exactly that made Qwik change his tune about Lathum so suddenly.

and i'm not sold on not voting for qwik, but since i am not even sure if my vote is gonna count, and if it does, it will be my last one, i decided to put it on the guy that i know isnt being on the level with us....if he truly is a good guy, why is lathum being so deceptive...that to me isnt something some one on our side should be doing.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:24 PM   #3167
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i am interested in qwik's answers as well
Old 06-27-2006, 05:24 PM   #3168
Vince
Pro Starter

Qwik isn't exactly being forthcoming about what is going on.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #3169
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
A few of them got very offended once we started voting for them as well...like a few of the people who are left have done. And it's not a regular "I'm playing a game" offended it's a personal attack offended.

Are you sure about that?
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:26 PM   #3170
Tyrith
College Starter

Sigh, I said Lathum was a lying bastard two days ago with great evidence to back me up and no one would listen.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:28 PM   #3171
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I still would like to vote schmidty since I think the odds are strong that he is bad. Probably one of the reasons we had a tie yesterday was due to the possibility that it was between two bad guys that probably didn't know each other. Would have made a lot of sense to save the head necro, but they still might have had a splintered group. 2-3 knowing each other and chubby out on his own.

Your logic is very faulty. You're reaching in order to cover your own badguy ass.

If I'm wrong, I will apologize, but for now:

Vote kingfc
Old 06-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #3172
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

again I ask. How have I been deceptive? I voucjed for the avarat and outed alanT, both helpfull to the villegars winning, which is my winning condition. If you need any more proof I will give it to you.

UNVOTE QWIK
VOTE KING

I am 100% king is bad. I am unvoting the person who is gunning for me the most to vote someone who I am positive is a necro. I repeat POSITIVE. Lynch King and you'll see I am on the same side as the villegars. If I am wrong then you are free to lynch me tomorrow and I won't say a word.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #3173
Vince
Pro Starter

Damn. Three horse race, and it could go in any direction. All three of the candidates are on my list of people I don't trust. I think today we go for one of the Qwik/Lathum duo, and based upon the result, we go for the other. I can't help but be suspicious of Qwik, especially after the info that Path dug up. Combine this with the fact that I think Lathum is trustworthy...this is subject to change upon new information coming to light, but for now:

Vote Qwikshot
Old 06-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #3174
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- really bad spelling, sorry.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #3175
Vince
Pro Starter

Lathum, what is it with you and posting things that change my mind at exactly the same time as I post something? Sheesh.

Unvote Qwikshot
Vote kingfc22
Old 06-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #3176
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vince, trust me on this one. Vote for King
Old 06-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #3177
saldana
Pro Starter

at this point, i am wondering if a massive role reveal wouldnt put us into a great position:

1. Barkeep49 - Fanatic , killed Night 6
2. Passacaglia - Ruling Class, killed Night 4
3. Schmidty
4. path12 - Pharoah
5. Anxiety
6. Cronin - Explorer, lynched Day 2
7. Dubb - Soothsayer
8. AlanT - Necromancer, killed Night 5
9. Saldana - enchanter
10. SnDvls - cleared by soothsayer
11. Lathum
12. Coffee Warlord - Ruling Class Fanatic, killed himself Night 4
13. bulletsponge - Necromancer, lynched Day 4
14. Qwikshot
15. Tyrith
16. Bek - Necromancer Initiate, lynched Day 3
17. Blade6119 - Mystic, Day kill Day 4
18. Swaggs - Ruling Class, lynched Day 1
19. Vince
20. Chubby - Head Necromancer, Magically Attuned, lynched Day 6
21. Tanglewood
22. Kingfc22
23. Fouts - Avatar, lynched Day 5

the guys in red are IMO confirmed good guys. that leaves 8 people still up in the air and we are relatively sure one is the prophecy which leaves 7 question marks...i cant imagine more than 2 of them are baddies, so if we all just spill it, there really isnt much of a chance they can get us before we get them.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #3178
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

lol
Old 06-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #3179
Vince
Pro Starter

So I have it at 4-3-1 now, kingfc22-Lathum-Qwikshot.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:33 PM   #3180
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
again I ask. How have I been deceptive? I voucjed for the avarat and outed alanT, both helpfull to the villegars winning, which is my winning condition. If you need any more proof I will give it to you.

UNVOTE QWIK
VOTE KING

I am 100% king is bad. I am unvoting the person who is gunning for me the most to vote someone who I am positive is a necro. I repeat POSITIVE. Lynch King and you'll see I am on the same side as the villegars. If I am wrong then you are free to lynch me tomorrow and I won't say a word.

You lied about your role, and have compounded that lie by lying about having made the first lie. And you may have opened the door for Qwikshot to do the same with his bogus crap, which is actually worse for us now. But note that I'm not coming back after you now.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:33 PM   #3181
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
lol

Old 06-27-2006, 05:34 PM   #3182
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

UNVOTE QWIK
VOTE KING

then answer the question....no "i am on the side of good" bullshit....

ARE YOU THE PROPHECY?

it only takes a one word answer (why do i feel like the judge in my cousin vinny?)
Old 06-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #3183
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, finally caught up. Maybe I voted king too soon (although I'm really suspicious still), because I'm leaning toward believing Qwik about Lathum.

Unvote kingfc
Old 06-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #3184
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Qwik, what happened between yesterday morning and today to cause your switch on Lathum?

Because I later found out that he was talking with Chubby. Why do you think there hasn't been a mummy?

I don't know if dubbs is lying, he may have read a line that held a grain of truth, or it was scanned before lathum committed to working with chubby, I don't know...I think he has more scans, /if/ he is what he says he is...

he scanned sun, he scanned lathum...I thought he had one left?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 06-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #3185
Tyrith
College Starter

I have five for king (me, Vince, Anxiety, Schmidty, Lathum), three for lathum (king, qwik, saldana) and one for qwik (sndvls).
Old 06-27-2006, 05:36 PM   #3186
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Because I later found out that he was talking with Chubby. Why do you think there hasn't been a mummy?

I don't know if dubbs is lying, he may have read a line that held a grain of truth, or it was scanned before lathum committed to working with chubby, I don't know...I think he has more scans, /if/ he is what he says he is...

Sorry, but until you go back onto the role list and tell me the name of your role that lets you know all this, I ain't buying.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:37 PM   #3187
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

the only way to verify dubb is to lynch him or sun....if either of them is a bad guy, then so is the other, and so is lathum. and according to post 1 he only gets 2 scans for the length of the game.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:37 PM   #3188
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Your logic is very faulty. You're reaching in order to cover your own badguy ass.

If I'm wrong, I will apologize, but for now:

Vote kingfc

Schmidty I implore you to vote between me or lathum...let's keep the vote focused...king can be investigated tomorrow...I really want this dealt with tonight...if you feel the need to vote for king I won't argue against it, but I think it is far better served between lathum and myself.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:37 PM   #3189
Vince
Pro Starter

Lathum (3) - Qwikshot (3045), King (3128), Saldana (3162)
Qwikshot (1) - SnDvls (3134)
King (5) - Tyrith (3093), Anxiety (3103), Schmidty (3171), Lathum (3172), Vince (3175)

Not yet voted: Tanglewood, path, Dubb.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:38 PM   #3190
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, disregard that. As of #3189:

Lathum (3) - Qwikshot (3045), King (3128), Saldana (3162)
Qwikshot (1) - SnDvls (3134)
King (5) - Tyrith (3093), Anxiety (3103), Lathum (3172), Vince (3175)

Not yet voted: Tanglewood, path, Dubb, Schmidty (unvoted King)
Old 06-27-2006, 05:38 PM   #3191
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

UNVOTE QWIK
VOTE KING

Face me, are you 100% sure because chubby told you? How are you so positive?
Old 06-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #3192
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok, finally caught up. Maybe I voted king too soon (although I'm really suspicious still), because I'm leaning toward believing Qwik about Lathum.

Unvote kingfc

Ack...why? I'm curious as to what people think of Path's digging on Qwik, because that's what has largely convinced me against him.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #3193
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
Sorry, but until you go back onto the role list and tell me the name of your role that lets you know all this, I ain't buying.

This quote from the rules could mean something about his "role" (or item):

"Additional items may be added leading up to start of game, or may remain unidentified in the rules."
Old 06-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #3194
saldana
Pro Starter

qwik,

how could you have found out between last night and this morning that "lathum has been talking to chubby" when chubby died last evening?

youre information is delayed somehow?
Old 06-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #3195
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Face me, are you 100% sure because chubby told you? How are you so positive?

What about you? What about the questions Path asked earlier? What caused your about face on Lathum?
Old 06-27-2006, 05:40 PM   #3196
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Lathum, what is it with you and posting things that change my mind at exactly the same time as I post something? Sheesh.

Unvote Qwikshot
Vote kingfc22

Vince, how does lathum know king is bad...only if he's involved with them...this is a desperation MOVE!
Old 06-27-2006, 05:40 PM   #3197
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, YOUR information.....that is a typo, i am not that dumb
Old 06-27-2006, 05:41 PM   #3198
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

"Additional items may be added leading up to start of game, or may remain unidentified in the rules."

Then why not mention an item? He said his role allowed him to hear things...deception at this point in the game isn't exactly a great way to garner trust. Earlier on, I can see deception as a tool to protect powerful roles (though I'm still a little unsure of why Lathum needed to be so deceitful), but now lies = major suspicion.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:41 PM   #3199
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
qwik,

how could you have found out between last night and this morning that "lathum has been talking to chubby" when chubby died last evening?

youre information is delayed somehow?

I didn't read the PM till later, it was a busy week and day...
Old 06-27-2006, 05:41 PM   #3200
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

The fact that he won't say ANYTHING makes me incredibly suspicious.