Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #501
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
One thing that won't compute later if the show is like the comic is when Herschel asks what happens to Otis and then doesn't ask why Shane didn't bring his body back or if he doesn't send out a party to get him.

I disagree. Even having read the comic, I think it wouldn't make sense for Herschel to really ask what happened to Otis or why Shane didn't bring the body back or the search party. I think the look in Shane's eye said it all: Otis didn't make it. Bringing the body back? The big fella looked to be well over 300 lbs. Between all of the equipment his was carrying and the sprained ankle, there was no way he would have been able to carry Otis out. As for a search party, well, there's dead and there's really dead.

Poor Otis...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #502
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

You can't make white bread?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #503
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I was actually wondering how they had white bread to make Rick a sandwich, that was my biggest wtf of the night.

meanwhile, I was hung up on the orange juice.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #504
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
meanwhile, I was hung up on the orange juice.

A lot of people were hung up on the orange juice. I didn't quite get that at all. There's bottled orange juice, just like there's bottled water. Maybe Herschel has a case of Nantucket Nectars in his cellar, broke one out and poored Rick a glass in the kitchen.

There was also a glass of milk near a sandwich on the nightstand. I don't think they have cows on that farm and the shelf-life of milk, even when refrigerated aint that long... So, it was very likey either soy milk or rice milk. Those come in boxes and stay good for long, long time until you open them.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 11-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #505
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, it could be that.

or, the writers are a little lazy.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #506
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Well this is Season 2, and probably only 3 months since the whole thing started?

If we reach Season 10 and they're still pulling out glasses of orange juice, then we'll have reason to be annoyed.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #507
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Well this is Season 2, and probably only 3 months since the whole thing started?

If we reach Season 10 and they're still pulling out glasses of orange juice, then we'll have reason to be annoyed.

For sure. It's not like that stuff grows on trees.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:32 AM   #508
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
For sure. It's not like that stuff grows on trees.

Nice!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #509
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

25 cool points for Glenn in the well, he gives back 10-15 of those in the pharmacy but it was still funny.

The world's slowest falling shoe finally drops, but after a slower-paced episode tonight next week suddenly shapes up to be a barn-burner (no pun intended).

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-06-2011 at 09:04 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #510
gi
College Prospect

Yep, looking forward to seeing how it plays out next week. Wasn't too surprised by the ending either. Next week's previews were the highlight this week.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #511
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
25 cool points for Glenn in the well, he gives back 10-15 of those in the pharmacy but it was still funny.

The world's slowest falling shoe finally drops, but after a slower-paced episode tonight next week suddenly shapes up to be a barn-burner (no pun intended).

It was good to see more Glenn. He is easily one of the more personable characters. More Gleen and More Darryl are always good things.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #512
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Talking Dead aftershow had Glenn & Maggie on briefly, would you believe that she's another Brit-accented performer playing a Southerner? I had no idea, although raised in New Jersey, moved to England in her teens, and spent time (see the linkage below) with her grandparents in Columbus, GA, I guess she's heard a lot of accents to work with.

Actress Lauren Cohan has a lively time on AMC’s ‘The Walking Dead’ - KansasCity.com
Old 11-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #513
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I didn't like last nights episode...

First the zombie in the well- why are they trying to get it out? I wouldn't drink the water even if he was out of it for a month... There are 5 (I think?) other wells on the property- board it up and call it a loss.

I may be forgetting one...but I think there was 1 zombie this whole episode. I understand they want there to be some more story lines, some drama, but I personally don't care about the little girl missing, and how many episodes have we focused on this? I hope they are able to pull it all together, because I really want to like this show, but it's losing me.

Surviving in a zombie infested world is a story enough to me, I want to see the characters search for shelter, food, water, supplies. I want to see them try to fortify their shelter...get pushed out for some reason, search for others, find where the helicopters are coming from, search for a "cure". I just think there is enough great story there that it's unnecessary to bring in the added drama, especially this early.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #514
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
I didn't like last nights episode...

First the zombie in the well- why are they trying to get it out? I wouldn't drink the water even if he was out of it for a month... There are 5 (I think?) other wells on the property- board it up and call it a loss.

I may be forgetting one...but I think there was 1 zombie this whole episode. I understand they want there to be some more story lines, some drama, but I personally don't care about the little girl missing, and how many episodes have we focused on this? I hope they are able to pull it all together, because I really want to like this show, but it's losing me.

Surviving in a zombie infested world is a story enough to me, I want to see the characters search for shelter, food, water, supplies. I want to see them try to fortify their shelter...get pushed out for some reason, search for others, find where the helicopters are coming from, search for a "cure". I just think there is enough great story there that it's unnecessary to bring in the added drama, especially this early.

I agree about the well. I would never have chanced it. Sure, it's possible that it wouldn't be contaminated, but there is no way of ever knowing it. Yes, fresh water is a valuable resource and it's possible that the other 4 wells could run dry at some point, so you'd want to have well 5 as an option, but I'm not sure it was worth all of that. Once Plan A failed, I would have called it a day.

I disagree about the drama. A bunch of nameless characters with no background, interactions, feelings, emotions or what not running around a zombie apacolypse is fine and all and I would enjoy that, but I find it much more meaningful when there is more to characters. I also enjoy seeing how people deal with what's going on and the interactions with one another.

The Sophia thing doesn't bother me either. It took a pretty big back seat to Carl being shot and is now working as a decent excuse for why Hershel is letting the group stay at his place.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #515
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
The Sophia thing doesn't bother me either. It took a pretty big back seat to Carl being shot and is now working as a decent excuse for why Hershel is letting the group stay at his place.

And it's giving Darryl a chance to have his better nature highlighted ... something I suspect is about to either be sorely tested or get a complete reversal.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #516
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
And it's giving Darryl a chance to have his better nature highlighted ... something I suspect is about to either be sorely tested or get a complete reversal.

I would be sad if we got a complete reversal on Darryl. I think they've done a great job with him and he's been my favorite character so far. They so easily could have made him just a stupid, stereo-typical redneck, but didn't. It will be interesting to see what happens if/when Merle shows up.

Another part of the drama that I like is showing how people deal with this new reality. If Shane wasn't feeling tortured or fucked up after what he did to Otis, I think that would be a sign of lazy, callous writing. Similarly, Andrea dealing with her sister's death or Carol with her missing daughter.

That said, I do think they need to balance it out with good old zombie action. So far, I've been all right with it. All zombies all the time would get old. And if they were acting like some sort of para-military group always scavenging, always building shelters, arming themselves, etc. I think it would strain credibility. The only guy with any real survival type skills is Darryl. That said, we've already seen the difference between Rick's group who has been "on the road" for a while and the group at Hershel's farm. The moment Rick's group got there (not Rick, Shane and Lori, who were dealing with the Carl situation), they noted the need for a look out, guns, supplies, etc.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #517
Swaggs
Coordinator

I liked how they managed to address all the critiques almost immediately in this episode. Five wells to provide water. A generator that is housed in its own unit. A shot of the cows in the field to address the milk. And, a shot of Hershel and Rick looking over the lay of the land to show how isolated they are (and how far away civilization and zombies are).

The only thing I was waiting on was to see a grain silo to explain the bread.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #518
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I disagree about the drama. A bunch of nameless characters with no background, interactions, feelings, emotions or what not running around a zombie apacolypse is fine and all and I would enjoy that, but I find it much more meaningful when there is more to characters. I also enjoy seeing how people deal with what's going on and the interactions with one another.

I guess my point was I think there could be enough drama in simply doing the normal things at this point still, and would be able to develop the characters while doing the things I mentioned. You'd still be able to have the leaders, the followers, the handy man, the whiny ones cracking under pressure. You'd still be able to develop all these people. The missing girl, kid getting shot, and pregnant wife all seem to be like they are adding unnecessary (I don't want to use the word forcing)... drama into it. The story of survival and discovery are enough to carry it a while, while they could slowly add the more.... "added" drama. Again, that's just my opinion on how I'd handle a zombie show. I'm still liking the show enough to keep watching it, and it'd have to go wayyyy down hill for me to give up on it (hell I stuck with The Killing to the end)
Old 11-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #519
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I liked how they managed to address all the critiques almost immediately in this episode. Five wells to provide water. A generator that is housed in its own unit. A shot of the cows in the field to address the milk. And, a shot of Hershel and Rick looking over the lay of the land to show how isolated they are (and how far away civilization and zombies are).

The only thing I was waiting on was to see a grain silo to explain the bread.

Except the episode sucked. If they make any more episodes like that, the Walking Dead show will be dead because their entire audience will be asleep. What a stupid episode. This series is quickly starting to circle the toilet bowl.

Spoilers Away - read no further if you don't want any!
The whole episode was awful.

The well scene was moronic. Who was going to drink that water after a fat zombie floated in it anyway?

The Glenn/Maggie scene was painful to watch. Could there be any less chemistry between two characters?

"Hi!"
"Hi!"
*awkward stare*
"Let's have sex now!"

Could Shame (my new name for him) look any more guilty during the funeral?

Why does Lori need to go into the field right past the camper to pee? And that's an awfully small knife to carry around in case of a zombie attack. Finally, we're tired of Lori being a pathetic excuse for a human being. Either kill the bitch off or make her a little likable please!

Even Rick is getting annoying, though I liked his take on God. But otherwise he's coming across like a weenie lately.

Really, the only compelling character right now is Daryl. That's it. I'm hoping that the coming dynamic change (thanks for the HUGE FAT spoiler in the preview of next week's episode, AMC! Assholes.) mixes things up a bit, because this series is starting to suck this season.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #520
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I need for this show to have more meaning...I feel as if our time is being wasted as we look for the daughter of abused Jamie Lee Curtis. They need to start trimming some characters, or at least separate the groups into different stories. There are way too many characters for not enough time.

I suppose the fact that the show is split into 7 and 6 episode chunks might lead toward a better spring chunk.

Last edited by stevew : 11-07-2011 at 12:21 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #521
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Spoilers Away - read no further if you don't want any!
The whole episode was awful.

The well scene was moronic. Who was going to drink that water after a fat zombie floated in it anyway?

The Glenn/Maggie scene was painful to watch. Could there be any less chemistry between two characters?

"Hi!"
"Hi!"
*awkward stare*
"Let's have sex now!"

Could Shame (my new name for him) look any more guilty during the funeral?

Why does Lori need to go into the field right past the camper to pee? And that's an awfully small knife to carry around in case of a zombie attack. Finally, we're tired of Lori being a pathetic excuse for a human being. Either kill the bitch off or make her a little likable please!

Even Rick is getting annoying, though I liked his take on God. But otherwise he's coming across like a weenie lately.

Really, the only compelling character right now is Daryl. That's it. I'm hoping that the coming dynamic change (thanks for the HUGE FAT spoiler in the preview of next week's episode, AMC! Assholes.) mixes things up a bit, because this series is starting to suck this season.

Obviously, I disagree.

As noted above, I agree about the water thing. It was looooong term thinking at best.

I liked all the Shane stuff. He should be tortured and feel guilty for what he did. It's not his fault he doesn't have a poker face.

I didn't find anything about Rick annoying.

Lori is Lori. She was desperate to do the pregnancy test in private. What difference does it make whether she did it outside of the camp or in a locked bathroom? She needed her space, so outside made sense.

I liked the Maggie/Glenn exchanges. She was lonely and forward. What did you want? A long courtship of roses and chocolates? She's a woman who wanted some, so it happened. That's also pretty much 50% of the character interactions in the comic, to be honest.

I guess I missed that huge fat spoiler. Yay for me.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #522
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Obviously, I disagree.

As noted above, I agree about the water thing. It was looooong term thinking at best.

I liked all the Shane stuff. He should be tortured and feel guilty for what he did. It's not his fault he doesn't have a poker face.

I didn't find anything about Rick annoying.

Lori is Lori. She was desperate to do the pregnancy test in private. What difference does it make whether she did it outside of the camp or in a locked bathroom? She needed her space, so outside made sense.

I liked the Maggie/Glenn exchanges. She was lonely and forward. What did you want? A long courtship of roses and chocolates? She's a woman who wanted some, so it happened. That's also pretty much 50% of the character interactions in the comic, to be honest.

I guess I missed that huge fat spoiler. Yay for me.

I agree with all this, although the water well thing was pretty dumb. The rest feels like a bit of an overreaction to me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #523
Grover
Pro Starter

I'm with Blue and Rum.

I do feel like the well scene was a bit unnecessary. Didn't Maggie say there were five wells on the property? Why worry about the ONE with the walker in it, it's not going anywhere, that water's not going to be drinkable for quite a long time.

I liked the awkwardness between Glenn and Maggie in pharmacy, I don't think it's supposed to be a matter of chemistry between the two of them. She wanted it, so did he, but in a boyish, stammering "Really!?" kind of way. I felt like his reactions after they got back to the farm were perfect.

Beneath that big racist exterior, Darryl's got quite a big heart.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #524
stevew
Hall Of Famer

We were all screaming at Glenn to brace himself on the wall and inch away from the zombie spider style. That distress was embarrassing. The diameter of the well looked to be 4 feet at most.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #525
MikeVic
Head Coach

So yeah, wasn't a fan of the episode and the show is losing me a bit as well. I like when they bring up moral dilemmas (like "how long would you search for the girl?" or "would you want your child to survive in this world?"), and like tense scenes. I like to see zombies, but you can accomplish a tense scene without using zombies. When Darryl was looking around that other farmhouse or whatever, I wish it was a bit longer, but that was done pretty well.

For what I didn't like... the well thing, as has been said, was just stupid. There are other wells, are you really going to drink water from this one? Who's to say the zombie isn't dripping some sort of bodily fluid into it already? And what was Glenn going to do? What was the actual plan? I don't really follow. Was he going to untie himself, fight off the zombie, tie the rope onto the zombie, then drag the zombie up?

I hated Daryl's speech there with the flower. I want him to be a smart/resourceful bad-ass. Since it really appears he's not like that, I want a character to fill that role. I find a lot of the current characters to be too boring.

The little girl being gone has gotten to annoying levels right now. I know they need a reason to stay at the farm and do other story stuff, but the little girl pay off better be good.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #526
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
So yeah, wasn't a fan of the episode and the show is losing me a bit as well. I like when they bring up moral dilemmas (like "how long would you search for the girl?" or "would you want your child to survive in this world?"), and like tense scenes. I like to see zombies, but you can accomplish a tense scene without using zombies. When Darryl was looking around that other farmhouse or whatever, I wish it was a bit longer, but that was done pretty well.

For what I didn't like... the well thing, as has been said, was just stupid. There are other wells, are you really going to drink water from this one? Who's to say the zombie isn't dripping some sort of bodily fluid into it already? And what was Glenn going to do? What was the actual plan? I don't really follow. Was he going to untie himself, fight off the zombie, tie the rope onto the zombie, then drag the zombie up?

I hated Daryl's speech there with the flower. I want him to be a smart/resourceful bad-ass. Since it really appears he's not like that, I want a character to fill that role. I find a lot of the current characters to be too boring.

The little girl being gone has gotten to annoying levels right now. I know they need a reason to stay at the farm and do other story stuff, but the little girl pay off better be good.

I think the plan was, as executed. For Glenn to get close enough to the zombie that he could get the rope around its neck so the people could haul the zombie up out of the well. There was no intention of him getting into the well or fighting the zombie, but he needed to be close enough to get the noose around the zombie's neck. That was the plan and that's how it worked out, though they weren't expected the pump to break and everything.

I loved Darryl's speech. I actually consider it to be the highlight of the episode.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #527
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
I think the plan was, as executed. For Glenn to get close enough to the zombie that he could get the rope around its neck so the people could haul the zombie up out of the well. There was no intention of him getting into the well or fighting the zombie, but he needed to be close enough to get the noose around the zombie's neck. That was the plan and that's how it worked out, though they weren't expected the pump to break and everything.

I loved Darryl's speech. I actually consider it to be the highlight of the episode.

Yeah, maybe if I didn't have my heart set up what type of character I'd love in this series, I would like the speech too. I've just totally read and/or wanted his character to be different.

I hope they learn a lesson or something from the well thing.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #528
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I was just surprised that an episode of this show could be so boring.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #529
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

Did I miss what happened when Daryl was looking for her? One moment he is checking out a house that obviously appears to have had someone there very recently and then the next moment he is giving Sophia's mom a flower... WTF.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #530
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

WALT! WALT! WAAAAAALT! Where is my boy WALT!?
Old 11-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #531
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Did I miss what happened when Daryl was looking for her? One moment he is checking out a house that obviously appears to have had someone there very recently and then the next moment he is giving Sophia's mom a flower... WTF.

Yeah I know, you'd think the first words out of his mouth would be "I have found a spot that your daughter could've been staying at" instead of the flower speech followed by "I'm not naive enough to think there's a flower for my brother."
Old 11-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #532
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm really hoping that they find the girl, and then that she gets bitten the following episode.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #533
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post

He came out, called out to Sophia a bit,got no answer. Walked toward the camera & spotted the flower on/near a fence. (which I first thought was a scrap of cloth or some other tangible sign that she'd been there).

That flower, btw, is the Cherokee Rose, which is the state flower of Georgia. The story he told however is one that I'd never heard in my life.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #534
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'm really hoping that they find the girl, and then that she gets bitten the following episode.

If I had to guess, she's already bitten & her mother will let the girl bite her too, forcing the group to shoot them both.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #535
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If I had to guess, she's already bitten & her mother will let the girl bite her too, forcing the group to shoot them both.

Actually, I think it will be a spring/second half season AMC promo. They will end the fall season discovering that the girl is bitten, and then ask for fan submissions on what to do with her. Then whoever wins gets that scene played out and, as a bonus, the fan gets to shoot the mom, too, to the cheers of fans everywhere.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #536
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

The flower / hiding spot is one thing I didn't have a problem with- he knows it's possible she was there, he smelt the can of food- must not have been too old, so he knows someone was there. I can see him not wanting to get her hopes up, and not telling her- but I hope he left some sort of signal to stay there and he goes back tomorrow.

If she did find that spot, and can go out searching during the day and find it again at night, then surely she'd be able to find her way to either the new house / barn, or back to the highway?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #537
DanGarion
Coordinator

Old 11-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #538
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'm really hoping that they find the girl, and shes so strung out and famished that she bites her mom. Then they shoot the girl only to find out she wasnt a zombie, just deranged and hungry. Then the mom kills herself. OH happy day.

Fixed.

Last edited by B & B : 11-11-2011 at 02:02 PM.
B & B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #539
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Fixed.

That would be sweet as well.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #540
SteveMax58
College Starter

Yeah, agree the well scene was just idiotic & pointless. I was also uncertain why the 1 person that is most likely capable of lassoing a zombie around the neck (i.e. the farmer's daughter) didn't give it a shot from the top of the well. I mean...I can understand the practical benefit of getting the zombie out of there as a "nice to have" luxury...but screw it if isn't easy enough to do.

Despite liking the character at a basic level, Shane's overacting in dialog is consistently annoying me. Not his actions themselves...those I get & like the dynamics of. I mean...I've grown up in a pretty rural, backwoods environment myself. I knew many people (including cops) who weren't very bright (or downright stupid) but this guy just seems like the Josh Brolin version of GWB after a lobotomy. Its just too cliche & contrived. I'm waiting for him to have a moment alone and scream for momma.

Yeah, agreed that Jamie Lee Curtis needs to go soon. Not enough time for the amount of characters & she rates at the bottom of the interesting meter.

Overall, just need to get things moving. I don't mind a setup episode but I feel like we've been seeing too many setup episodes already.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #541
Grover
Pro Starter

Well, at least things are moving as far as Darryl is concerned.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #542
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, even I have to admit that the first 15 minutes tonight was incredibly slow.

Other than the flashback intro, which was at least interesting at the end, that first segment was a dud (since we'd seen what was going to happen to Darryl in the previews already).
Old 11-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #543
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

You have GOT to be shitting me.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #544
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

They wouldn't kill off the most interesting character...

Old 11-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #545
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Good thing Andrea is just a beginner...

And the barn is a... GO.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #546
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

And the barn is a... GO.

Had a feeling this was coming. Herschel has been increasingly suspicious and Rick's "Herschel said he wants to take care of the walkers" line, followed by Maggie's reaction to reading the note sealed it.

And what an asinine question by Glenn, she's a farm girl, of course she's done it in a hayloft.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #547
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Was trying to figure out why my TiVo wasn't recording the earlier episode, and why the channel was unavailable. Suddenly the TV springs back to life just as she shot him. Ended up watching the whole 11:00 showing of the episode thinking that he was going to die.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #548
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I liked the drumbeats as he cut the ears off the zombies and climbed the embankment.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #549
Butter
Coordinator

I figured Merle would be reappearing in that form.

This whole season is just dragging on for me. I want something to happen. And while I suppose the mild inter-personal dramatics of "how are we going to stay on the farm" may be somewhat interesting to some, it is killing my interest being there like 7 consecutive episodes. They are SLOWLY getting to answer some questions that it is taking way too long to answer. I can't believe they are spending this amount of time trying to find this girl, although that is a personal moral beef rather than a narrative one.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #550
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I figured Merle would be reappearing in that form.

This whole season is just dragging on for me. I want something to happen. And while I suppose the mild inter-personal dramatics of "how are we going to stay on the farm" may be somewhat interesting to some, it is killing my interest being there like 7 consecutive episodes. They are SLOWLY getting to answer some questions that it is taking way too long to answer. I can't believe they are spending this amount of time trying to find this girl, although that is a personal moral beef rather than a narrative one.

Based on the reveal at the end of the episode in the barn, I think this "phase" of the show is going to wrap up pretty quickly. I am not sure if they will be forced to flee Hershel's farm or what will become of Sophia, but I would be surprised if they remain in this pattern - which has been 4 episodes to date - much longer.

As I have noted before, I think this is going to be an on-going problem with this show. There is no real story arc. The show is about survival. Survival isn't inherently interesting. I like the inter-personal dramas well enough and haven't even come close to losing interest in the show. They have spent a lot of time on Sophia, but that kind of makes sense and the cracks are beginning to show a bit. That said, there have been some sequences like the zombie in the well and - as much as I love Darryl - some of the Darryl down the chasm - that felt like they went on a little too long.

I do think they will need to ratchet things up a bit. There is a big plotline in the comic - for example - that depending on how they time things - would appear to kick off either near the end of this season or season 3. I think that could be wildly entertaining and really something quite different.

This is still the only show currently on that I *must* watch "live" (well, a 20 minute delay to fast foward commercials) (The only other one is "Game of Thrones" and that isn't on right now). The rest I watch when I can.