Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2006, 08:20 AM   #1451
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Woohoo! I'm not dead.

Ok one thought on how this new system has to work: Perhaps saldana and I, with CW as a possible third, all have to agree? Or 2 out of 3?

Possible, that might be what it means by type of vote matters more than quantity.. however I am under the impression that things are far different from even worrying about how many vote for who. It could be much different
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:21 AM   #1452
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok then. Sounds like an early vote matters. So for the time being

Vote Sack Attack

I know it's unfair. And unfortunate. But he's outside the circle and I have little reason to trust him.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:21 AM   #1453
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Possible, that might be what it means by type of vote matters more than quantity.. however I am under the impression that things are far different from even worrying about how many vote for who. It could be much different
Hmm. Interesting. Still see no reason not to vote early. Perhaps we can vote often?

Vote Sack Attack
Vote Schmidty
Old 06-06-2006, 08:22 AM   #1454
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Still one vote per person, Keep
Old 06-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #1455
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Naw. Voting often seems stupid. I'll stick with my top suspect.

Vote Sack Attack
Old 06-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #1456
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Doh, almost forgot part of my information. THe last part I almost neglected to mention was that Things can revert back to order from chaos with some special event. I don't know what that is however. My guess is maybe killing the wizard? or making him flee? If that happens then I get my "luck" restored and things revert to how they were.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #1457
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Still one vote per person, Keep
Love cross posts. So maybe if we all do really stupid things we can get Fozzie to tell us all the rules before 1 hour before lynch ?
Old 06-06-2006, 08:24 AM   #1458
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh and for the record I have little trust in Alan. Don't quite buy his reveal at all.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:26 AM   #1459
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok then. Sounds like an early vote matters. So for the time being

Vote Sack Attack

I know it's unfair. And unfortunate. But he's outside the circle and I have little reason to trust him.

Well I dont know if an earlier vote weighs more than a late vote at all. maybe its the middle votes, or late votes or who knows. I am guessing this is a piece that Cronin can help us on based on what he told us earlier in the game as the first part of his role.

Just him mentioning "when" he was going to vote is what helped me feel he's on the same page as me.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #1460
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
CW check out post 1082. How could that have cleared saldana? Alternatively, use your own version.

Okay, went back to that, and then dug through a zillion pages of werewolf trying to find the context for his post. And never did. Little help?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #1461
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh and for the record I have little trust in Alan. Don't quite buy his reveal at all.

Well based on what Cronin said last night, I have a hunch he knows something else he hasn't quite mentioned yet because he doesn't want to bad guys to find out. I left him a small little clue in my huge wall of text that should mean something at least to him. I feel pretty good that he should be able to pick up on it if I am right about this and feel better about me.

Right now I think Cronin probably is the most likely person who can support me here, I'm ok with that I think for now. I feel pretty confident that he is on our side, and likewise the people he has vouched for can be trusted to some extent (ie: he just doesnt know if they are the wizard or not)

Either way, I think today will be quite a different day for us.. should be fun
Old 06-06-2006, 08:32 AM   #1462
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Love to see who Cronin sniffed out last night as well.

ALSO. No night kill again? Either Hoops did his job, or we have a convert in our midst. Hoops?
Old 06-06-2006, 08:32 AM   #1463
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm holding off on making decisions on who to vote for or such, until we find a little more information about what happened last night. I'm interested in hearing from Hoops and Cronin since they are the two known roles we have, and both are still around today.

Also any other thoughts about what happened last night? Maybe while the Wizard is controlling the laws that govern the vote, he can't kill anyone?
Old 06-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #1464
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
CW's clarification seems to be lacking in specifics. I'm not really happy with it.

And while I'm post whoring, I'll respond to this. The specifics are light because there are no specifics. I'm a standard issue non-role wolf with a small twist (the voting thing), which I assume has now come into play. And no, like the others, I have zero idea WHAT the twist is, as there was no mention of such details in my original role description.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:39 AM   #1465
hoopsguy
General Manager

At work, will post more when I get a chance.

I successfully protected Cronin last night. Don't see any harm in posting who it was, since the antagonists know who they attacked.

I had protected Lathum on Night 3 - can share that one now since my back-to-back restriction is not in effect for him anymore.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #1466
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Good job hoops.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #1467
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So if CW can't detect the code in saldana's post 1082 that makes me far more leery of him then when I drove to work this morning.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 AM   #1468
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So my morning schedule has changed. I likely will be out in a few moments and then back mid-afternoon before leaving for the day. Will try and pop in early afternoon, but no promises.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 AM   #1469
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
So if CW can't detect the code in saldana's post 1082 that makes me far more leery of him then when I drove to work this morning.

1) I SUCK at such things.

2) That post referred to an original post by you. That I can't find. He could be saying I am Darth Vader for all it means to me without the original instructions.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:06 AM   #1470
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't know how many posts per page you do, but I do 50. So that means on page 21 there is a post which is numbered, in the upper right hand corner, 1082. Find the post, it's by saldana. It's what clinched his trust from me. If you are like us then hopefully you can find the code and either explain it, since I don't think we need more mystery about it at this point, or follow up with your own similar, though hopefully distinct, use of the code.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:11 AM   #1471
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This is interesting.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:11 AM   #1472
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola, catching up on 3 days of missed reading, I don't know what to think anymore.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 AM   #1473
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Dola, catching up on 3 days of missed reading, I don't know what to think anymore.
Thats pretty close to what I felt 3 days ago too!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:28 AM   #1474
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't know how many posts per page you do, but I do 50. So that means on page 21 there is a post which is numbered, in the upper right hand corner, 1082. Find the post, it's by saldana. It's what clinched his trust from me. If you are like us then hopefully you can find the code and either explain it, since I don't think we need more mystery about it at this point, or follow up with your own similar, though hopefully distinct, use of the code.

Jesus fucking christ, man. Read the post you're referring to. Note the first line from Saldana where he informs you he looked at what you instructed him to do.

What part of I Cannot Find Any Such Instructions, And Thusly That Post Means Absolutely Nothing To Me are you not getting?

Want another post number? Real simple. #899. That's my role to a T. End of story.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #1475
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dola. And it's entirely possible I'm being a complete and utter imbecile here. So be it. But, in this case, I'm totally missing the boat.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #1476
hoopsguy
General Manager

If AlanT's reveal is to trusted, then I'm concerned about the fact that Cronin caught wind of bad luck around me when he sniffed me earlier in the game. Of course, the only thing I can find in my role description that would link to that is that the last alpha I protected was killed - don't know if A = B there or not.

But if we are playing under some new rules (many people think this) and I'm bad luck (Cronin thinks this) then I'm thinking I may want to vote for someone besides who I want to see tested today. The "quality of my vote" may be poor.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:36 AM   #1477
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
If AlanT's reveal is to trusted, then I'm concerned about the fact that Cronin caught wind of bad luck around me when he sniffed me earlier in the game. Of course, the only thing I can find in my role description that would link to that is that the last alpha I protected was killed - don't know if A = B there or not.

But if we are playing under some new rules (many people think this) and I'm bad luck (Cronin thinks this) then I'm thinking I may want to vote for someone besides who I want to see tested today. The "quality of my vote" may be poor.

We are playing under different rules. I can gurantuee this. I was told that majority rule no longer applies and because of that, there currently are no ties to break. This is only a temporary thing though, I am guessing till we do something else (maybe kill the wizard?) or I guess thinking about it more, possibly it only lasts x number of days. Not sure on those things.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:43 AM   #1478
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Of those who are left...

2.Barkeep49 - Very much trusted, even if I want to strangle him at the moment.
4. AlanT - The timing of his role reveal, on the heels of a failed reveal, makes me want to trust him for the moment.
6. Saldana - Absolutely trusted.
7. Lathum - Nada.
8. st cronin - Heavily trusted.
10. Sack Attack - Nada.
11 Tyrith - His attachment to Blade makes sense, though it's questionable.
12.Schmidty - Nada.
13. Coffee Warlord - Duh.
14.Hoopsguy - Trusted.

Lathum, Sack, and Schmidity. One of these three will likely get my vote today. Flipping back to look at votes the last couple of days now, so we'll see.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #1479
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hmm. Looking back on last night, the first vote that got us a bad guy.

Schmidty and Lathum with late votes on Anxiety, once he's pretty much a sure thing kill. Sack throws in a meaningless vote.

I'll ignore the Sack vote for the time being. Between Schmidty and Lathum, I'm saying Schmidty right now. People have looked at him, accepted absolutely miniscule statements from him, and gone elsewhere. Personally, I think it's time he gets some spotlight.

Vote Schmidty
Old 06-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #1480
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's awful testy around here.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #1481
stevew
Hall Of Famer

But now that I've read most of it I can see why.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #1482
st.cronin
General Manager

I sniffed Sack Attack last night - he is not a henchman.

I have no direct knowledge at all about Lathum, but

VOTE LATHUM

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:23 AM   #1483
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

he he you said testy.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #1484
saldana
Pro Starter

coffee, go to post 986. thats where the question to the post 1082 answer is.

barkeep, i agree with you 100% that i think you and I (and coffee if he is legit) have to vote the same way today, so i wish you had waited for me to vote, because i also have a feeling changing your vote will also have an effect. and now that coffee has also voted, that screws things up even more if my thoughts are right. I didnt want to post this idea last night because i didnt want either of us to become targets.

since you got up first, i will follow you, since i agree we have to be together.

vote sack attack
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #1485
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guys, if you are trusting Cronin then voting Sack Attack today is a losing play.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #1486
Barkeep49
Coordinator

How do you figure hoops?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #1487
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - it is a fairly random play, as he is not a henchman. So you are voting on him being the wizard. There are players out there that are not vouched for in any way who could be either the wizard or a henchman - if there is not a compelling reason to vote Sack (that has been unstated up to this point) then I think going after people who represent and either/or possibility (either henchman or wizard) are higher probability plays.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #1488
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Guys, if you are trusting Cronin then voting Sack Attack today is a losing play.

I am guessing Saldana felt he needed to vote with Barkeep since Barkeep voted first. However Coffee is going against their group of three so to speak voting someone else. Barkeep's vote was before Cronin's reveal though, so not sure if Barkeep will want to change it or not now.

I really don't know who, how or when I should/will vote right now, I had kind of hoped Cronin would comment more on my posts and thoughts since alot of the holes I am missing I think he can fill in. I'm going to wait for now till he has had more time to look it over.

Right now my instincts (lacking any emperical data whatsoever) tell me that I'll likely go after Schmidty (where CW is currently), or go after Tyrith (still have not seen any proof of his link with Blade, and he is still around without anything happening to him). I trust Cronin, but I question why he sniffed Sackattack instead of Lathum last night? He said he was going to target Lathum today, but chose to sniff someone else?

Its good to know that about Sack, but I would have felt better voting Lathum with him if he had some information to go on.

Anyways, I think for me today its going to either be Tyrith or Schmidty barring something else popping up.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #1489
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gah - don't think that read well.

If someone is voting for SackAttack based on info they have not shared yet then don't let me slow you down. But there is less chance of him being a bad guy than people who are partially vouched for because if you are to believe Cronin then the only way Sack = bad is if Sack = wizard.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #1490
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
coffee, go to post 986. thats where the question to the post 1082 answer is.

Uh, 986 is a post by me.

If you mean Barkeep's post nubmered 985, then I'm going to just go downstairs and weep. Got the wrong guy if anyone thinks I can delve some sort of goofy cipher out of that. Though that post does quote the whole reason I trusted you to begin with.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #1491
Barkeep49
Coordinator

How did we know he's not a henchman? As I think earlier rather then later makes sense I will

Unvote Sack
Vote Schmidty

Though I must be missing something. Did cronin sniff him and I missed it?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:47 AM   #1492
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Though I must be missing something. Did cronin sniff him and I missed it?

Yeah, Cronin sniffed Sack Attack last night.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #1493
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok then. Well my vote's on schmidty now and hopefully saldana can get his there as well.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #1494
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Cronin: Do you have any reason to verify Alan's story?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #1495
hoopsguy
General Manager

Early votes, as of Post #1494:

Sack Attack - Saldana (1484)
Schmidty - Coffee (1479), Barkeep (1491)
Lathum - Cronin (1482)

I'm holding off on my vote until we start to build some consensus on AlanT - if he is telling the truth about having a "lucky" role (which he has knowledge of) and Cronin is telling the truth about me having "bad luck" (which I do not have direct knowledge of), then I don't think I want to vote in line with you guys.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #1496
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yeah I would agree that the bad luck thing would suggest that you should go in a different direction, except that I thought luck had nothing to do with this any more, at least according to Alan. Which is why his tiebreaker is no longer a tiebreaker.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:58 AM   #1497
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, here's what I can say.

Hoops succesfully protected me last night. (I assume that means tonight I'm a goner. Sob.) I sniffed Sack Attack, he came up wolf. I voted for Lathum, but actually he is now in my innermost circle of trust. Essentially, my vote for him is a game of chicken with the wizard, who *I THINK* knows the voting rules for today. More on this tomorrow, if I live, or post game.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:58 AM   #1498
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah I would agree that the bad luck thing would suggest that you should go in a different direction, except that I thought luck had nothing to do with this any more, at least according to Alan. Which is why his tiebreaker is no longer a tiebreaker.

That is correct, I was told while outside forces change the law as we know it, my luck can't help me now. This is not a permanent thing however, if we can do whatever task Fozzie has for us to revert the voting rules back to normal, then my tiebreaker once again matters.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:58 AM   #1499
saldana
Pro Starter

coffee, the second quote in post 985 is the one i meant for you to look at.

barkeep, i like the schmidty vote much better, as i have voted for him earlier in the game.

unvote sack attack
vote schmidty
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:59 AM   #1500
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I like chicken.

So I think cronin's reveal essentially confirms what I've suspect now for a couple days: Saldana and I (and possibly CW) have vanilla roles with no powers, hidden or otherwise.