Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Let's trade! FOOL 2178-2179 offseason version

So one of my favorite things to do in FOOL way back 160+ seasons ago was try to work out mutually beneficial trades with other teams. Since I usually have a fairly unorthodox approach to team-building, I'm pretty open to trading some of my better players if they don't necessarily fit my "team focus".

So anyone up for taking this week OOTP13 upgrade vacation as a winter meetings to wheel and deal some?

Here is what Baltimore is looking to trade, and what we are looking to trade for:

Looking to trade:

CF Juan Tirado
- One of the best power hitters in the league in his prime. Is a 30-40 HR, 30+ 2b, 100+ RBI guy every year, with the ability to steal 20+ bases as well. As a fielder, he has the third best Zone Rating of any Centerfielder in FOOL with the second best fielding percentage.

or:

CF Jesus Santana- Not as much star power as Tirado, he still has pretty solid contact (85), and decent power ratings. Has a very friendly contract ($130k/yr auto-renewing). I just don't have room for both Santana and Tirado next season.

also:

1B Guo-Liang Huang - Pretty solid ratings for a 25 year old (75 Contact, 82 Power, 77 Gap) with tons and tons of speed. The poor guy gets no playing time for me thanks to Pancho Gamboa though.

MR Donald Bennett - Has crazy high stuff rating (128), and had a good season in 2177. Did not perform too well for me last season though. Is cheap salary wise (arbitration - $150k/yr). Is still fairly young at age 24.

Can trade one of my prospects too:

SS Jamie Stimpson (AAA) - Plays every infield position as well as Left Field. Is the 83rd rated prospect in all of FOOL.

Others on my team are always up for discussion for the right trade though!.

Looking to receive:

Catcher
- I played this season virtually without a catcher. My starting catcher hit only .219 and I seriously had no other better option. I don't necessarily need or want a star, but someone a little better than a bounce-back net as a backstop would be nice this next season.

Shortstop - I also played this season without a shortstop. I pretty much had three second basemen play my entire infield this year. I wouldn't mind looking to get a great fielding shortstop that can at least hit good enough to not be a total detriment to the lineup (as example, my infielders all hit roughly .260-.280 this season and that would be fine if the shortstop can field great).

Pitching - I always am looking for better pitchers. Starting pitchers or relievers, either one is good for me. I have one starting spot that I am not too happy with right now that I would like to improve for next season. I also have maybe 1 or 2 reliever spots that i am looking to improve some how as well this season.

Any takers?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

I LOVE TRADING! I mostly can't trade with Alan because we need the same players, pitchers and catchers, but if anyone else has an abundance of those and wants to share, I'd love to make a deal.

Napa Valley can offer:
C Tim Heath (31)
1B Seinosuke Kobayashi (26)
1B Paco Roman
CF Robert Fiset

And pretty much anyone else if the price is right!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote