Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2022, 07:56 AM   #2601
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I don't think this was a mistake. I think alex's lawyers really wanted him to go down

The real question would be what if there was real heavy J6 stuff on that phone? Stuff that made them think that this Sandy Hook trial was small potatoes compared to what else was on that phone. Could his lawyers have decided that they could make a "mistake" to get it out and then in front of the J6 committee?

I guess. Though that would be about as serious a violation of legal ethics as you could have.

My guess is that it was just a mistake.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:19 AM   #2602
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The real question would be what if there was real heavy J6 stuff on that phone? Stuff that made them think that this Sandy Hook trial was small potatoes compared to what else was on that phone. Could his lawyers have decided that they could make a "mistake" to get it out and then in front of the J6 committee?

I guess. Though that would be about as serious a violation of legal ethics as you could have.

My guess is that it was just a mistake.

how does one "accidently" send every text to someone.

OMG my fingers are typing...my fingers are typing. THey are typing an email of someone I may or may not know omfg.

Oh my god it's hitting SEND...

Oh no! I made a mistake and now I am informed I have 10 days to make this inadmissable...I don't know what I should do....I think I should wait 11 days and then say something.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 08-05-2022 at 08:20 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:52 AM   #2603
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It wasn't literally just a text message they sent. They had an online dropbox for all material for the trial. They put the phone in there when it wasn't supposed to be, with the rest of the trial data

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:34 AM   #2604
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I don't think this was a mistake. I think alex's lawyers really wanted him to go down

That was my first thought as well. There have been plenty of interviews with former InfoWars employees who say it's clear Jones doesn't believe most of what he's saying, so it's not a huge step for me to believe that one of the lawyers (or even an admin or paralegal) just decided to make a simple mistake.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:35 AM   #2605
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
What do you know, turns out all these good apples met secretly after the fact to falsify documents and cover their tracks.

I love it when police departments use this analogy, because it's so wrong.

Bad apples in a bushel will, if left there, ruin the entire bushel of apples.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:49 PM   #2606
Edward64
Head Coach

Alright, the $45M is more like it.

Wouldn't be surprised if it gets scaled down but should keep him up at nights until then.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:40 PM   #2607
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Still not buying Baldwin's "I didn't pull the trigger" yet and do want to know what the FBI has to say after examining the gun.

The FBI has spoken.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:12 AM   #2608
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 07:05 PM   #2609
HerRealName
College Prospect

I'm not sure if this story belongs in the police shooting thread but the mass shooting thread seems more appropriate. Video shows the victim throwing his gun away just before getting shot. Cops were on the way to skating before the video came out.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...jured-88514862
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 07:15 PM   #2610
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 08-21-2022, 07:19 PM   #2611
Edward64
Head Coach

Definitely excessive. Can't see any justification for that. Hope they toss the book at them.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:44 PM   #2612
RainMaker
General Manager

Their reaction when they notice they are being filmed.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 08:49 PM   #2613
tarcone
Coordinator

Brutal. Those are the bad ones that ruin it for the rest.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 09:28 PM   #2614
RainMaker
General Manager

Weird how "the rest" are never around to stop this.
Old 08-21-2022, 09:48 PM   #2615
Edward64
Head Coach

They probably are. And because they are, there are no need for viral videos.
Old 08-21-2022, 10:04 PM   #2616
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

3 Arkansas cops suspended over arrest that sparked social-media outrage
Old 08-24-2022, 07:47 PM   #2617
Edward64
Head Coach

Finally.

Uvalde school board votes unanimously to fire police chief Pete Arredondo | CNN
Quote:
The Uvalde school board voted unanimously Wednesday evening to terminate the contract of police chief Pete Arredondo after meeting in a closed session.

Arredondo didn’t attend the meeting, with a statement from his attorney saying the district wasn’t following legal procedure as it moved to fire him and he didn’t feel safe attending the meeting.
Old 08-24-2022, 07:50 PM   #2618
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And now we see how long he keeps them tied up in court
Old 08-25-2022, 12:59 AM   #2619
RainMaker
General Manager

Is the money that good? I just can't imagine wanting to still do it and have to face people in the town. You've probably earned a pension by now. Just move to Maine and start over.
Old 08-25-2022, 01:08 AM   #2620
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I love how assholes commit a wrongdoing through action or inaction and their media dubs the consequencevs as "outrage"

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 08-25-2022 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-25-2022, 07:50 AM   #2621
Edward64
Head Coach

I wonder how his family is holding up. I can only imagine negative reactions at Walmart, restaurants etc. They are innocent of this but unfortunately, caught up in this guy's incompetence.

Could it be he's worried about forthcoming legal, civil liability lawsuits? Will the state/school board not be obligated to pay for his legal expenses if he is no longer chief?

And do wonder if he tried to negotiate and failed for a better severance package.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:07 AM   #2622
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
And now we see how long he keeps them tied up in court

And I'm sure we'll soon see him on the same sort of appearances tour that Kyle Rittenhouse has been on.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:55 AM   #2623
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
And I'm sure we'll soon see him on the same sort of appearances tour that Kyle Rittenhouse has been on.

He already busted out the "unconstitutional public lynching" buzzwords, so probably, yeah.

Anything you don't like? UNCONSTITUTIONAL!! That's on all the bingo cards.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:18 PM   #2624
QuikSand
lolzcat

horrifying scene happening in #Memphis right now, sensitive stuff being aired on social media

awful
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 09:16 PM   #2625
RainMaker
General Manager

I heard but not interested in seeing those videos. Do they have a death toll yet?
Old 09-07-2022, 09:25 PM   #2626
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

They just got him in Southaven after he wrecked the car he had stolen.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 09:08 AM   #2627
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I heard but not interested in seeing those videos. Do they have a death toll yet?

Only 4 (so far).
Old 09-14-2022, 03:42 PM   #2628
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This guy actually has the stones to tell the parents of a kid shot at Uvalde that his solution is to put more law enforcement at schools. I know he is a horrible person but he couldn't be more tone deaf if he tried.

Old 09-14-2022, 04:18 PM   #2629
miami_fan
Coordinator

I respect it.

We asked for the politicians to meet with their constituents and not send an aide or other staffer. He did.

We ask that they listen to the concerns of their constituents. He did.

We ask that the politicians are honest about what they are going to do about an issue while in office. He was.

His constituents can do with that what they may.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 04:24 PM   #2630
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yes, that's way more than I would have expected Ted Cruz to do.

Now, I expect he'll go on Fox News or in front of some GOP looney tunes press conference and say something that indirectly insults these people, but we get who we vote for.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 04:30 PM   #2631
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I watch Frontline's recent great documentary and it reminded me how much of a coward Ted Cruz is.

Lies, Politics and Democracy (full film) | FRONTLINE - YouTube
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 04:45 PM   #2632
BYU 14
Coordinator

I think you are giving him way too much credit. He is expected to do these things, but what strike me in that picture is his body language. Does he really look like he gives a shit?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 07:09 PM   #2633
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I think you are giving him way too much credit. He is expected to do these things, but what strike me in that picture is his body language. Does he really look like he gives a shit?

If he gave a shit he would be working towards meaningful gun reform. I have less than zero respect for him.

He looked at a picture of those peoples child in a casket and said, yeah, sucks to be you but I choose the gun lobby and their money.
Old 09-20-2022, 12:19 PM   #2634
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ted Cruz has never been a dummy. He's rarely ignorant of what he's doing or saying, he just says it anyways because he thinks it plays to who he needs to be or carries no consequences. There's at least an excuse for people who are too stupid to know better and chose evil, he knows the difference and picks it anyways because it's more profitable to him.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 12:03 PM   #2635
Edward64
Head Coach

I do believe there were mitigating factors and the environment/growing up was stacked against him. But yeah, I wouldn't have complained if he got death. The crime is so outrageous that it's much better to get him out of the gene pool & not cost taxpayers more money.

Live updates: Nikolas Cruz, Florida school shooter, will be sentenced to life in prison | CNN
Quote:
After a Florida jury recommended that Parkland school shooting gunman Nikolas Cruz be sentenced for life without parole, 14-year-old Gina Montalto’s father, Tony, criticized the decision.

As the jury did not unanimously find that aggravating factors outweighed the mitigating factors, Montalto questioned how the jury thought that the mitigating factors made Cruz commit these “terrible” acts.
Old 10-13-2022, 04:54 PM   #2636
PilotMan
Head Coach

I disagree with the jury's decision. Personally, it feels like this is one of those times where justice should be doled out very rapidly. If he'd been found guilty and sentenced to death, do to overwhelming evidence against you, death the next week. Hard to justify not killing him, when he didn't give his victims the same consideration.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 07:56 PM   #2637
Thomkal
Head Coach

I see there is an active shooter incident in Raleigh, NC tonight-hope all our Raleigh area FOFC'ers are safe.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:08 PM   #2638
cuervo72
Head Coach

And the suspect is...a white teenager with a "long gun." I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED THIS.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:18 PM   #2639
Ksyrup

5 dead so far, including an off duty cop.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-14-2022, 08:48 AM   #2640
Edward64
Head Coach

If it was only one holdout, I'd be PO'd. But with 3 jurors holding out, I'll respect their decisions and assume they had "more" rationale to not give a death penalty.

Quote:
Three of the 12 jurors voted to spare the gunman following the sentencing trial. Under Florida law, a unanimous decision is needed in order for someone to be put to death.

If a single juror disagrees, then the defendant is sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. This is what the 24-year-old Parkland gunman now faces.

Jury foreman Benjamin Thomas told CBS Miami that he did not vote for the life sentence and is "not happy with how [the sentencing] worked out".

"It really came down to a specific juror who believed [the gunman] was mentally ill," he said. "She didn't believe that because he's mentally ill he should get the death penalty."

"There was one [juror] with a hard no - she couldn't do it," he said. "And there was another two that ended up voting the same way."
Old 10-14-2022, 10:43 AM   #2641
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think he should be put to death, but I also have never been in the position to actually make that call so I will withhold judgment.
Old 10-14-2022, 10:45 AM   #2642
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I see there is an active shooter incident in Raleigh, NC tonight-hope all our Raleigh area FOFC'ers are safe.

15 years ago this would have been the lead story for days. Crazy how far we have fallen
Old 10-14-2022, 02:48 PM   #2643
Ksyrup

One of the victims in the NC shooting is the shooter's brother.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:17 PM   #2644
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
15 years ago this would have been the lead story for days. Crazy how far we have fallen

I work in Raleigh and live in a suburb of Raleigh, and this is basically nothing even on the local news. I think there's a sense of "hey, it wasn't a bunch of 5 year olds. So go us."

We, collectively, made our decision as a country after Sandy Hook. It's all been descent since then.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 05:10 PM   #2645
cuervo72
Head Coach

I bet if it happened in a blue urban area it would be all over the place.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:12 PM   #2646
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Am reading about the trail of the Christmas parade where Darrell Brooks ran down a bunch of old ladies. DUmbass is representing himself and keeps violating all sorts of procedure in order it looks like to make the entire trial about race and how his rites are being violated yet no claims that he didn't do it.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:00 AM   #2647
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I bet if it happened in a blue urban area it would be all over the place.

Imagine if the shooter was an 'illegal'.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 10:23 AM   #2648
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Only in America:

Two fathers started shooting at each other from their cars in a road rage chase. Both their daughters ended up getting shot, police said.
Old 10-16-2022, 11:17 AM   #2649
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is what you get in the NRAs dream of everyone having a gun. Amazingly it doesn't make things safer.
Old 10-19-2022, 11:56 AM   #2650
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm surprised at the lack of details after 5-6 days. Haven't disclosed possible motive, how the kid got the weapon, did the kid have a history etc. I'd think more would have come out by now.

Assume the parents weren't negligent and there weren't signs (per some interviews with third parties), I feel for them. I can't imagine what they are going through.

Raleigh shooting suspect: Parents of 15-year-old Austin Thompson are 'overcome with grief' after 5 people were killed | CNN
Quote:
The parents of a 15-year-old accused of killing five people in North Carolina last week say they’re devastated by the loss of innocent lives.

“Words cannot begin to describe our anguish and sorrow,” Alan and Elise Thompson said in a statement through their attorneys, which was obtained by CNN affiliate WTVD.

“Our son Austin inflicted immeasurable pain on the Raleigh community, and we are overcome with grief for the innocent lives lost,” the parents said.

“We pray for the families and loved ones of Nicole Conners, Susan Karnatz, Mary Marshall, and Raleigh Police Officer Gabriel Torres. We mourn for their loss and for the loss of our son, James,” the statement continued.

“We pray that Marcille “Lynn” Gardner and Raleigh Police Officer Casey Clark fully recover from their injuries, and we pray for everyone who was traumatized by these senseless acts of violence.”