Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #101
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
After reading this, I feel I wasted much of my childhood years building fortresses and bunkers to stave off the impending Russian invasion.

Fortunately the Russian wheat harvest is meeting demand, so we're safe for now.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #102
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
After reading this, I feel I wasted much of my childhood years building fortresses and bunkers to stave off the impending Russian invasion.

these guys

would disagree that it was a waste.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:53 AM   #103
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Max Brooks - Books - The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks

Will be released October 6th.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 10-02-2009 at 09:54 AM.
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #104
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Sweet. I've had this on my Amazon wish list for a long, long time now.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #105
JediKooter
Coordinator

Alright...giggity giggity and Zombieland is out today.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #106
Swaggs
Coordinator

Zombieland was way, way better than I expected.

It was hilarious right from the beginning and captured me right away. Very character and dialogue driven, with a ton of blood and guts. And, one of the best cameos I have ever seen in a film.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:32 AM   #107
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Zombieland was way, way better than I expected.

It was hilarious right from the beginning and captured me right away. Very character and dialogue driven, with a ton of blood and guts. And, one of the best cameos I have ever seen in a film.

+10K!!!

I have only one thing to say...BM baby, BM.

Oh, and follow the rules!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #108
DataKing
Pro Rookie

From Not Always Right | Funny & Stupid Customer Quotes

Five Days Later

Pawn Shop | Bellingham, WA, USA
(A customer in their 50s walks into my pawn shop, which sells weapons.)
Customer: “Yeah, can you get me that shotgun behind the table?”
Me: “Sure, do you have your license and registration?”
Customer: “Yeah, right here.”
Me: “Thank you sir. There’s a 5 day waiting period for firearms. Come back soon.”
(He looks disappointed, but forks over the cash and walks out. Five days later…)
Customer: “Okay, dude, I’m back. Where’s the gun?”
Me: “Right here, sir…
(I make the transaction and hand him his shotgun.)
Me: “Have a nice day and come back soon!”
(About one minute after the customer leaves the store, I hear several loud shotgun blasts. I look through the window and the man is firing rounds into the air! He then runs into the store.)
Customer: “The zombie invasion has begun! It’s every man for himself!”
(I hide under the desk and press the silent alarm. Five minutes later, the police arrive, taser the guy, and bring him out of our back room in cuffs. I work at an ice cream store now.)
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 10-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #109
Schmidty
Coordinator

Tasers really aren't what they're cracked up to be. I have a little scar, and that's it.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #110
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post

my country library has no copy of this... WTF!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #111
DataKing
Pro Rookie

It's actually more of a graphic novel than a conventional one...not sure if that helps or not.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 10-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #112
SteveMax58
College Starter

Got this from my spam folder at work. I'm really considering removing it from quarantine as I believe we may have some zombie sympathizers on our IT staff filtering important notifications. Seems like the zombie strategy could be working on some of the non-infected.

Subject

Fight way through zombies

Last edited by SteveMax58 : 10-29-2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: almost got bit while typing
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #113
DataKing
Pro Rookie

ThinkGeek :: Double Tap
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 12-13-2009, 03:22 AM   #114
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Those of you with Netflix or Starz-On-Demand, check out Zombiemania...an interesting little 1-hour documentary on the genre. Features some fun little bits with George Romero and Max Brooks, among others.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 12-13-2009, 07:45 AM   #115
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I watched Day of the Dead at about 4 am last night as I couldn't sleep...it was perfect training for my zombie killing!
Old 12-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #116
SteveMax58
College Starter

SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #117
Kodos
Resident Alien

But using fire is one of my favorite ways to kill zombies. It combines two great passtimes into one ... killing zombies, and lighting stuff on fire.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #118
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Could it be this simple?
Attached Images
File Type: png zombie_outbreak0.png (67.1 KB, 300 views)
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 01-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #119
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Could it be this simple?

Not it attaching the sticks.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #120
Swaggs
Coordinator

Awesome.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #121
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The "Walking Dead" is a pretty great comic. It's pretty much what you'd expect: a group of people surving a zombie apocalypse. It's quite good even if it goes astray every now and then.

The idea of a long-running zombie apocalypse show is pretty sweet.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=26771

We reported a while ago that Frank Darabont and Gale Anne Hurd were prepping an adaptation of zombie comics series The Walking Dead for cable channel AMC. "Prepping" has now turned into "actually making", with the news that the pilot episode has officially got the go ahead.

In print form, The Walking Dead is by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore, and has been running since 2003. It currently stretches to eleven volumes in the paperback collections, and basically involves Zombiegeddon survivor Rick Grimes and his family making their way to a possibly apocryphal Last Safe Place, and getting into agreeably visceral scrapes and adventures along the way.

AMC's Charlie Collier said that "working with people like Frank and Gale is the right way for us to deliver a project of distinction in this genre." Which is suit-speak for "the guys that made Shawshank and The Mist and Aliens and Terminator are gonna put zombies on TV and it's gonna kick ass and be awesome!" Or something similar. Shooting schedules and casting have yet to be announced, but we're already very excited...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #122
TroyF
Coordinator

I just finished a book on The Kindle and remembered this thread. the book is called Day by Day Armageddon. It is told through journal entries from a survivor of a zombie outbreak.

It isn't great American novel type of stuff, but it's a fun read if you like the genre. It's by J.L. Bourne. From his website, it looks like a sequel will be out this summer sometime.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #123
MikeVic
Head Coach

There was an old man talking to another old man at a grocery store I went to yesterday. He said something like "I'm not in the zombie state anymore."

I perked my ears, and had to quickly think of what to do. I don't think you can get healed from being a zombie... so this could will become one again shortly. But, I can't off some old man based on a bunch... what's the correct thing to do here FOFC?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #124
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I just finished a book on The Kindle and remembered this thread. the book is called Day by Day Armageddon. It is told through journal entries from a survivor of a zombie outbreak.

It isn't great American novel type of stuff, but it's a fun read if you like the genre. It's by J.L. Bourne. From his website, it looks like a sequel will be out this summer sometime.

Yeah, I liked that one too. A pretty well done zombie novel. Will definitely read the sequel when it comes out.

Avoid Among The Living by Timothy W. Long. Terribly written crap. I quit after about 50 pages.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-01-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #125
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Dead Snow is now available via Netflix instant.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #126
JediKooter
Coordinator

Sorry, but, I thought this was funny...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 229081-12-vegan-zombie.jpg (49.6 KB, 253 views)

Old 03-20-2010, 03:11 AM   #127
Atocep
Coordinator

The Zombie Apocalypse Survival Flow Chart - Zombies - Kotaku
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #128
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
This is pretty cool news. I hope they end up making it. It's a great comic series.

Frank Darabont circles zombies - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety

Frank Darabont circles zombies

AMC attacks comic series adaptation

By CYNTHIA LITTLETON

AMC is venturing into zombie-drama territory with multi-hyphenate Frank Darabont.

Cabler is close to finalizing one of the richest development deals ever with Darabont to write and direct a series adaptation of the Image Comics graphic novel series "The Walking Dead," penned by Robert Kirkman. Gale Anne Hurd of Valhalla Motion Pictures and David Alpert of Circle of Confusion are also on board to exec produce. ...

Green light means go

“The Walking Dead Lives on AMC;” Network Greenlights Series Based On Comic Books - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com

New York, NY – March 29, 2010 – AMC announced today it has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Today’s announcement also includes the addition of Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) as Executive Producer, and actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) who will portray the character Shane.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC’s Fearfest, the network’s annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. Fearfest (formerly known as MonsterFest) is celebrating its 14th year by airing 14 consecutive days of themed programming with more than 50 films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

“AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience,” said Charlie Collier, AMC President. “With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable.”

“The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels,” says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. “Kirkman’s series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let’s us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time.”

The Walking Dead tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The comic goes on to explore the challenges of life in a world overrun by zombies who take a toll on the survivors, and sometimes the interpersonal conflicts present a greater danger to their continuing survival than the zombies that roam the country. Over time, the characters are changed by the constant exposure to death and some grow willing to do anything to survive.

AMC’s Joel Stillerman, senior vice president of original programming, production and digital content, Susie Fitzgerald, senior vice president scripted development and current programming, and Vlad Wolynetz, vice president of production, series and movies, oversee the development and production of the new drama.

Today’s announcement marks the fourth original series greenlight for AMC. The first three were Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Rubicon. AMC is the only network, in television history, to win three consecutive Golden Globe awards for best dramatic series for Mad Men (2008, 2009, 2010). The first two seasons of Breaking Bad awarded the outstanding lead actor Emmy award to Bryan Cranston for his portrayal of lead character Walt White. Rubicon,a conspiracy thriller starring James Badge Dale (HBO’s The Pacific), premieres this summer.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #129
JediKooter
Coordinator

I hope it's good.

I have to admit, deep down, in the dark depths of my mind, every time I see a new post on here, I expect the actual zombie apocalypse to have started...Then I find out it's only Ricky Martin coming out of the closet.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #130
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

AMC just made it onto my awesome list.

Additionally, Zombies do not want brains. They are equally happy with your lower leg. Who the hell started this whole "BRAINS!" thing anyway?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #131
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Romero didn't even refer to them as "zombies." He called them "flesh-eaters." I blame the "brains" thing on Return of the Living Dead.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 AM   #132
Kodos
Resident Alien

"If you love me, you'll let me EAT YOUR BRAINS!"
Old 03-31-2010, 09:05 AM   #133
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

good ole' Grimey will save the day!
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #134
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

We should be concerned, zombies are more advanced than we thought..

hxxp://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20100503/sc_space/outofcontrolsatellitethreatensothernearbyspacecraft

Zombie satellites in space

On May 3, Intelsat will play what as of Friday appeared to be its last card by blasting Galaxy 15 with a more powerful signal intended not to salvage the satellite, but to force it into a complete shutdown.

That attempt will last about 30 minutes. It will not be repeated, both because a second attempt is viewed as unnecessary — the treatment works or it does not — and because sending out powerful radio frequency signals carries the risk of interfering with other satellites in the area.

Even if the May 3 action succeeds, Galaxy 15 will remain a problem as it continues to wander the geostationary arc. But it is a problem that satellite operators know how to deal with. Industry experts say there are several dozen spacecraft, sometimes called "zombiesats," that for various reasons were not removed from the geostationary highway before failing completely.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #135
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
We should be concerned, zombies are more advanced than we thought..

hxxp://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20100503/sc_space/outofcontrolsatellitethreatensothernearbyspacecraft

Zombie satellites in space

On May 3, Intelsat will play what as of Friday appeared to be its last card by blasting Galaxy 15 with a more powerful signal intended not to salvage the satellite, but to force it into a complete shutdown.

That attempt will last about 30 minutes. It will not be repeated, both because a second attempt is viewed as unnecessary — the treatment works or it does not — and because sending out powerful radio frequency signals carries the risk of interfering with other satellites in the area.

Even if the May 3 action succeeds, Galaxy 15 will remain a problem as it continues to wander the geostationary arc. But it is a problem that satellite operators know how to deal with. Industry experts say there are several dozen spacecraft, sometimes called "zombiesats," that for various reasons were not removed from the geostationary highway before failing completely.

I am already on record saying that if zombies can run, I am electing to forego that apocalypse and drift into the next realm via a nice mixture of alochol and meds.

If zombies have satellite techonology... My god.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #136
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
...geostationary highway...

When it turns into a superhighway, then I'm sure Al Gore will get involved...
Old 06-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #137
Kodos
Resident Alien

Anyone have any good zombie book recommendations? It seems I've run through most of the better-reviewed ones on Amazon, and yet have not sated my taste for brains.

Also, anyone else annoyed by the "..... and Zombies" phenomenon of retrofitting some piece of literature with zombies? There are scads of them out now. The first was more entertaining in concept than in execution.

I did read Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry recently. It was a well-written book, although it wasn't a zombie book so much as a thriller where terrorists were planning to unleash zombies on the U.S. The zombies were just the weapon of choice, not the focus of the book.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-01-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #138
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Check this link out for some pretty great looking zombie images from "The Walking Dead" that's airing this October on AMC. I am excited.

First Image from THE WALKING DEAD, the AMC Zombie Series Created by Frank Darabont
Old 06-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #139
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Check this link out for some pretty great looking zombie images from "The Walking Dead" that's airing this October on AMC. I am excited.

First Image from THE WALKING DEAD, the AMC Zombie Series Created by Frank Darabont

Not too bad. I'm looking forward to seeing.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #140
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:

Really excited for this. Is it going to end up being a regular series? Last I read it was supposed to be but I thought I heard it was a mini series.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #141
Kodos
Resident Alien

One of the zombies looks like Jim Carrey.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #142
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Some good video and an interesting zombie camp.

The Walking Dead - AMC
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #143
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

OMG...I'm very excited about this series.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #144
Kodos
Resident Alien

Add me to the very excited list.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #145
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I wish I could embed Youtube videos here. I've tried many ways, they all fail me.

Anyway, here is a link to a Youtube clip, apparently taken from some sort of camera phone or something (so the quality is very iffy), of the exclusive Walking Dead clip they showed at Comic Con over the weekend.

Looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBiI6YRfWIY

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 07-26-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #146
JediKooter
Coordinator

Nice.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #147
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Thanks HB. Really looking forward to this series having read some of the comic book.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #148
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Thanks for the clip HB. Definitely looking forward to that.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 07-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #149
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

when does this come out?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #150
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
when does this come out?

Sometime in October, last I heard.
Allegiances:
Awards: