Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2020, 09:11 PM   #301
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
My wife was offered a role in England with her company. We could live in the same town as her sister and our nieces, brother in law, and his family. Had Trump won we would have given it serious thought.

Realistically, I'm looking at more of a retirement situation. I've got too good a job and one that requires a license, so even moving states can be tricky. But within the next decade, I'll hopefully be in a position where I can cash out on the business I'm helping to build and perhaps have a bit of freedom to seriously make such a move. I don't know that the wife would be happy about being too far away from the kids, but we'll see where things stand 5 or so years from now.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:53 PM   #302
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Options

#1: They may have checked their social media as their names, workplaces became common knowledge and decided it wasn't worth committing hari-kiri for the Fanta Menace

#2 The Secretary of State told them it was going to happen anyway

#3 They remembered they live in Detroit and would eventually have to go outside.

Likely a combo of all three.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:02 PM   #303
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Options

#1: They may have checked their social media as their names, workplaces became common knowledge and decided it wasn't worth committing hari-kiri for the Fanta Menace

#2 The Secretary of State told them it was going to happen anyway

#3 They remembered they live in Detroit and would eventually have to go outside.

They didn't want to be labeled as racist pieces of shit for the rest of their lives even though they are.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:18 PM   #304
sabotai
General Manager

And I still want to live abroad, but I'm still failing at life, so it looks like me and this stupid country are stuck with each other.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:16 AM   #305
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Michigan's Wayne county certified the vote. Yet they are going to audit it. HOw about an audit in....ANY red state. fuck you republicans
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 05:45 AM   #306
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
And I still want to live abroad, but I'm still failing at life, so it looks like me and this stupid country are stuck with each other.
Same same.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 06:06 AM   #307
GrantDawg

Who had "start a war with Iran?" Security officials worry Israel and Saudi Arabia may see the end of Trump as their last chance to go to war with Iran
Old 11-18-2020, 07:36 AM   #308
Ksyrup

I don't know if anyone has been following some of the twitter threads doing real-time updates of the some of the Trump court cases, but yesterday's PA hearing that Guiliani ran was a doozy. My favorite moment was when the judge asked him what standard of review he was arguing the court to apply, and he said "the normal one." Judge said, "You want me to apply strict scrutiny." Rudy says, "No, normal scrutiny."

What a clown.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-18-2020, 07:39 AM   #309
Ksyrup

And by the way, if you need more facts to combat the conspiracy theories of your friends and loved ones, here's a fun fact:

Old 11-18-2020, 07:39 AM   #310
JPhillips
General Manager

The opacity bit was good, too.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:54 AM   #311
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Hilariously, McEnany went on Hannity to brag about the Wayne County refusal to certify, only for them to change their minds and certify while she was on the show.

Also, Hannity heard that Giuliani was brilliant in court, so it must be true.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:33 AM   #312
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
My wife was offered a role in England with her company. We could live in the same town as her sister and our nieces, brother in law, and his family. Had Trump won we would have given it serious thought.

Which town out of interest?
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:49 AM   #313
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

So unless we have safeguards in place I fear our republic will eventually have a smarter Trump who understands the art of being subtle.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:03 AM   #314
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
So unless we have safeguards in place I fear our republic will eventually have a smarter Trump who understands the art of being subtle.

But, the paradox of the Trump supporter is that they love that Trump is not subtle.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:16 AM   #315
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Hilariously, McEnany went on Hannity to brag about the Wayne County refusal to certify, only for them to change their minds and certify while she was on the show.

Also, Hannity heard that Giuliani was brilliant in court, so it must be true.

I would be surprised if Giuliani actually found his way to the right courtroom.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:23 AM   #316
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

The President is on a roll: his last 10 consecutive Tweets have Twitter disclaimers on them. New record! Bigly!
Old 11-18-2020, 10:44 AM   #317
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Which town out of interest?

Cobham in Surrey
Old 11-18-2020, 10:46 AM   #318
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It's incredible how bad it's gotten with Trump that people are thinking, well Boris ain't that bad
Old 11-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #319
bhlloy
Coordinator

Boris is a pompous arrogant ass and his approach to Brexit is taking the UK down a very dangerous path, but he’s not Trump. He’s actually a smart politician under the external bumbling colonial visage and I don’t think he’d stoop anywhere near as low as Trump has over the last month. And the Farage idiots in the UK are probably about a tenth of the people who openly support MAGA in the US.

Even post Brexit UK isn’t looking too bad to me right now, although I’m still holding out for Switzerland long term
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:20 AM   #320
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Right, that's my point. Pre-Trump, most people would look at Boris's UK and say... nope. Now people are like, yeah that seems ok.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:42 PM   #321
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I would be surprised if Giuliani actually found his way to the right courtroom.

From America's mayor post-9/11 to GOP lock for 2008 nomination to Trump's attack dog to Trump's lap dog who is going to take the fall for these idiotic court cases

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-18-2020 at 12:42 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:27 PM   #322
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
And by the way, if you need more facts to combat the conspiracy theories of your friends and loved ones, here's a fun fact:

I have been saying this all along. It makes no sense. It is not only Georgia, but most of the disputed states that use Dominion, the choice was made by Republicans.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:25 PM   #323
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Cobham in Surrey

Very nice area - hope it was a well paid job!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 03:33 PM   #324
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I have been saying this all along. It makes no sense. It is not only Georgia, but most of the disputed states that use Dominion, the choice was made by Republicans.

You are still treating this too close to normal/assigning normalcy as a baseline to behaviour. They are not alleging the election had faults, they are alleging there was large scale fraud by manipulation. They are using 'security' and the few actual mistakes/screwups that were noticed and corrected as 'proof' that it could be rigged, also use potential dangers (that are guarded against by procedure) as 'proof' that even more problems are lurking out there. That's the play here.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 03:44 PM   #325
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yup - we're heading to a post truth society, and it's not like the Trump circle has tried to hide it. That was the whole point of #fakenews and everything since then has just been building to this inevitable point.

We have always been at war with Eurasia.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 03:51 PM   #326
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

We've been heading towards a post-truth society for several decades. This is just the next link in the chain, and it won't be the last.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 05:53 PM   #327
Ksyrup

This is some next level embarrassing lawyering. Just a joke.

Old 11-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #328
Ksyrup

How about his lawyers going full-on Trump and dismissing a case by flat-out lying that they're dismissing because Wayne County refused to certify the election results (which they actually did certify)? This is just to save face by pushing a falsehood as justification for dismissal (not, like, ya know, they had to dismiss a losing case).

These attorneys need to be held accountable. It's bad enough Trump and others are pushing this, but lawyers are held to a different standard by courts. Unless they're not held to any standard at all.

Old 11-19-2020, 10:05 AM   #329
JPhillips
General Manager

So the Wayne County canvassers that didn't certify and then did certify were called by the President and now want to rescind their votes to certify.

And the GOP is fully supportive.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:13 AM   #330
QuikSand
lolzcat

The tactic seem to be just barf out enough stuff to smokescreen your legion of idiot voters into re-posting it on Facebook and advancing your ruse. It works awfully well. The depths...
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #331
QuikSand
lolzcat

I wonder how the poll would go if asked today... now that we've seen the contempt for democracy and rule of law already on display... I man we all knew it was there but... ugh
Old 11-19-2020, 10:37 AM   #332
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I wonder how the poll would go if asked today... now that we've seen the contempt for democracy and rule of law already on display... I man we all knew it was there but... ugh
In 2016, he said he'd do exactly what he's doing right now if he lost. When someone tells you who they are...
Old 11-19-2020, 10:45 AM   #333
Ben E Lou

(Dola: To be fair, it's certainly worse now that he took over the party and they feel a political need to kowtow to him. I'm guessing if he'd lost in 2016, he'd have significantly less R support.)
Old 11-19-2020, 10:56 AM   #334
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think at this point, I'd like to see the Biden campaign take some legal action of their own say against the employee who won't sign off on the transition papers or countersuits on the lawsuits currently on going. Maybe some pre-emptive action on electors not abiding by the law in places like PA, or threatening not to certify their electors results
Old 11-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #335
Atocep
Coordinator

I don't think Biden fighting back right now is the right call. All that does is get his base more excited and gives Trump more ammo to drag things out. It's an awful situation but the best play IMO is to let the Trump campaign starve itself out in the courts.

The fact that Biden hasn't done anything also tells me he's hearing the right things privately from the GOP.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:05 AM   #336
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I don't think Biden fighting back right now is the right call. All that does is get his base more excited and gives Trump more ammo to drag things out. It's an awful situation but the best play IMO is to let the Trump campaign starve itself out in the courts.

The fact that Biden hasn't done anything also tells me he's hearing the right things privately from the GOP.

I suspect there are a lot of people feeding the Biden camp intel because they want to keep their positions post Trump.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:06 AM   #337
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yes, letting Trump fail about, lose all the court cases, have judges basically say they have no arguments just names Trump look futile and impotent.

Keep doing that and acting like you are a President-elect and have press briefings on Covid, etc. That quiet confidence compared to an Administration that is going nuts is the best thing right now.

Not to mention there isn't any thing he can really sue on. The transition people don't have to do anything until the EC votes.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:09 AM   #338
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
So the Wayne County canvassers that didn't certify and then did certify were called by the President and now want to rescind their votes to certify.

And the GOP is fully supportive.

I can't believe he actually called her to try and get her to change. This fucker needs to be in jail.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #339
QuikSand
lolzcat

Very fine, very cool
Old 11-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #340
JPhillips
General Manager

A failed coup attempt is still a very bad thing.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:52 PM   #341
QuikSand
lolzcat

Old 11-19-2020, 01:00 PM   #342
molson
General Manager

The beatification of Trump was just the cherry on the top of this movement that is still hard to wrap my head around. That THIS is the guy, the savior, the Christian icon, maybe even a prophet. The far right went about it wrong for so long, trying to push actual conservative religious leaders. What they needed was a sexual deviant, a multi time-divorced, illegal-immigrant employing, elite liberal hobnobber, pro-choice, celebrity, gay-tolerant Russia-lover and adulterer. He is the one who they have followed. He is the one the Lord has sent. I mean, I guess people were skeptical of Jesus too. But this is ridiculous.

Last edited by molson : 11-19-2020 at 01:04 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 01:07 PM   #343
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 11-19-2020, 01:09 PM   #344
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I can't believe he actually called her to try and get her to change. This fucker needs to be in jail.

He is literally bullying people to do what he wants and he's been doing that for 4 years. I have no idea why it works and I have no idea why they are afraid of this turd. Also Mitch seems to have the same ability...toforce people to do his bidding.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:23 PM   #345
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

...says the guy who still voted for Trump.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:28 PM   #346
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
He is literally bullying people to do what he wants and he's been doing that for 4 years. I have no idea why it works and I have no idea why they are afraid of this turd. Also Mitch seems to have the same ability...toforce people to do his bidding.
Because not a single one of them could survive a primary if Trump went against them. It is purely about fear of losing power.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:35 PM   #347
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Because not a single one of them could survive a primary if Trump went against them. It is purely about fear of losing power.

But that's just not true
Old 11-19-2020, 01:39 PM   #348
Ben E Lou

Is this supposed hot mic video about Rudy’s hair dye real???
Old 11-19-2020, 01:54 PM   #349
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
But that's just not true
Yes it is. I am willing to put money right now on the fact that both Governor Kemp and Brad Raffensperger are primaried by Trump approved candidates in two years, and they will lose. There is no Republican party, only the Trump party.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:00 PM   #350
Ksyrup

Why does someone with so little hair need to use hair dye?