Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Return of the AWA-A TEW 2K7 Dynasty

December 1st 1997

Being a life long wrestling fan I like many others had grown sick of the big two. I grew up as a huge mark for the territory structure, following Georgia Championship wrestling and the AWA particularly closely. In my mind WWF and WCW had all but destroyed that legacy, turning Wrestling into a B rate soap opera. By January 1997 I had all but given up on Professional Wrestling, but a chance trip to a Bingo hall while in Philadelphia changed all that.

ECW Wrestling was all I remembered from the old days and more, compelling Matches, hardcore brawls and insane stunts, where the Wrestlers busted their Asses and risked their safety to entertain the fans, no matter how big or small the crowd was. I became obsessed with ECW over the next few Months and more and more the passion for the business returned….To the point where I wanted to be more than just a fan. ECW had inspired me to start my own Wrestling Company.

During the Summer Months of 1997 I sold off a literal lifetime of work, real estate holdings and developments that netted me roughly 1.5 Million Dollars. As I prepared to enter the business I was determined to open up shop as the last Company I had religiously followed, the now defunct AWA. Being as this brand was almost like a member of Gagne family, I was met with complete indifference and a terse “forget it” when I approached family Patriarch Verne. Luckily the tenacity that helped me succeed in the real estate business would come in handy here as well….After laying out my dream, applying relentless pressure and all but begging for the chance, Verne relented. The conditions were steep, One Million dollars for the brand, plus a 12 month buy back clause, in which the Gagne’s could return half of my payment, and force me to relinquish naming rights if I did had not acquired a TV contract and met certain other growth benchmarks.

With $500,000.00 left, I filed my articles of incorporation and on December 1st 1997, inspired by the critical success of ECW, and the lingering dreams from my youth, the AWA was back in name, now it was time to build a roster.

One benefit of the wrestling monopoly enjoyed by WCW and the WWF was the surplus of Wrestlers looking for a chance to either recapture past glory, or youngsters, hungry to prove they could make it in the business. I elected to build my initial roster using a combination of Veterans nearing the end of their Careers (for name recognition) and some talented young Lions, who could carry my dream into the future.

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

Ready for launch

I send out feelers to throughout the country contacting dozens of unemployed Wrestlers, as well as some of the wrestlers in other promotions that do not have written contracts.

After nearly three weeks of negotiations, manipulations and sales pitches, our beginning roster is set

Main Event:
Steve “Dr. Death” Williams-Heel
Dick Slater-Heel
Mike Awesome-Face
Robert Gibson-Face
Marty Jannetty-Face

Upper Mid Card:
Tatanka-Face
Chris Adams-Heel
Super Crazy-Face
Stevie Richards-Heel

Mid Card:
Steve Corino-Heel
Michael Modest-Heel
Kid Kash-Face
Ace Steel-Face
Hayabusa-Face
Christopher Daniels-Heel
CW Anderson-Heel
Donovan Morgan-Face

Lower Mid Card:
Rhino-Heel
Jado-Heel
Gedo-Heel
Johnny Swinger-Heel

Opener:
Frankie Kazarian-Face
Joe E Legend-Heel

Enhancement:
Christian Cage-Face

Managers:
Missy Hyatt
Robert Fuller

Staff:
Scott Hudson-Announcer
Stan Lane-Color Commentator
Nick Bockwinkle-Authority Figure
Jack Doan-Referee
Les Thatcher-Road Agent

Some Personnel who did not want to work for the new AWA that we pursued were:
Michael Hayes
Great Sasuke
Jerry Lynn
Ricky Morton (really wanted to reunite the Rock and Rolls, but oh well)

Tag Teams:
Gedo and Jado
The New Rockers (Gibson and Jannetty)
Down and Dirty (Williams and Slater)
The Suicide Machines (Kash and Super Crazy)

Stables:
The Stud Stable (Fuller, Slater, Williams and Anderson)
The Down Boys (Hyatt, Corino, Modest, Daniels)

Initial Funds: $500,000.00

Beginning Popularity: D- (All Regions)
This is based pretty much on name recognition only, since we have not run a show and is the least I expect for the Million Dollars that name cost me.

TV Shows: None

Thoughts:
I like the mix we are starting with, as I was able to bring in some names from the recent past, that will hopefully put Asses in the seats while our young talent develops. Corino, Daniels, Kash, Super Crazy and Rhino all give me a lot of hope for the future, so long as I can keep them. I am also very happy having Bockwinkle on board, as he is still quite over in the Midwest and surrounding areas, plus he gives us that legit connection to the old AWA. I am also interested to see how the pairing of Gibson and Jannetty go, as both kind of played the same role in their original “Rock and Roll” tag teams, setting up the more popular “Pretty Boys” as the Team Star. Hopefully one of them will step up to that role. Awesome might be getting too big a push, too soon, but I need a legit Monster to feud with the Stud Stable over the World title and he is the closest we have. My only other option was to turn Chris Adams face, but I decided against it at the last minute.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #3
Tellistto
College Prospect

I'll be following, looking forward to the first show!

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Can't wait. Definetly pick up Adam Copeland, aka Edge. He is someone who can get over quick, just pair him up with a good manager (I suggest Michael Hayes)
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wednesday week 3 December 1997 AWA Road Wars

Shakopee Center: Shakopee, MN Attendance: 1,000 (sell out)

Scott Hudson is at the podium, where he hypes tonight’s bout between Steve Williams and Mike Awesome for the newly reinstated AWA World Heavyweight title.
"This promises to be a good one, folks. So don't miss it!"
Rating: F+

Rhino defeated Frankie Kazarian in 5:52 by pinfall with a Gore.
Rating: D

Missy Hyatt, Steve Corino, and Christopher Daniels come out for an interview, making fun of Super Crazy and calling for immigration to come to the Ring.

Chris Adams and Stevie Richards defeated Robert Gibson and Christian Cage in 8:35 when Chris Adams defeated Christian Cage by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.
Rating: E

Adams and Stevie attack Christian Cage in the ring, and leave him down and out.
Rating: F

Super Crazy appears and says that he will show the Gringo's Steve Corino and Christopher Daniels what crazy means - If they face him in a match, Viva la Loco!!!

Tatanka defeated C.W. Anderson in 8:30 by pinfall with an Indian Death Drop, after a botched run in by Robert Fuller.
Rating: D-

Tatanka is celebrating his victory with a War dance, when Dick Slater hits the ring and attacks him, CW Anderson joins the beat down, leaving Tatanka prone in the Ring. Slater drops an Elbow on Tatanka’s Head Dress for good measure.

Missy Hyatt comes out with her clients, Corino and Daniels. All three begin to mercilessly taunt Super Crazy for his promo. “Viva la green Card” chants Corino as the crowd gives him a free shower in draft Beer.

Tatanka staggers to the podium and addresses the Stud Stable, challenging them to a Tag Team Match: Tatanka and a partner of his choosing against Slater and Anderson. “You can disrespect me, but don’t disrespect my heritage….payback will be awesome!”

Steve Williams, Dick Slater and C.W. Anderson are seen talking backstage as Tatanka continues his promo. Williams seems annoyed as he has to prepare for his World Title match.

Steve Williams defeated Mike Awesome in 10:20 by pinfall following interference from Dick Slater. Steve Williams wins the AWA World Heavyweight Title title. Tatanka tries to intervene but is laid out by Robert Fuller with a cane shot.

Final Rating: D-
Notes from Les Thatcher indicate Christian Cage was used too much, which is rather curious. He got jobbed, beat up, then he went home??

Thoughts: A short show, that was a little bumpy. I expect the ratings to be low for a bit as many in this area are not familiar with most of the young Guys and the Veterans are mostly Guys from the old Southern and Midwestern territories.

Good idea on Copeland Danny, he will make a good edition to the down Boys stable. I will have to pursue him.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-04-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

Current News

CW Anderson and Steve Williams both indicate they are feeling the effects of a heavy workload and have asked that their bookings be decreased.

Taz turns down WWWA, OVW and EWF, proclaiming loyalty to ECW.....We will test that loyalty when his checks start to bounce in a few Months

Readers of the Wrestling observer name Shawn Michaels the best worker in the Business. They also named Rocky Maivia as the best young prospect in Wrestling.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:33 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Since Cage is enhancement he should only be on the show like 7 minutes, the longer the match after that the more the crowd will tire of him.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:05 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 3 December 1997 AWA Friday Night Frenzy

Mayan Theater: Los Angeles, Ca Attendance: 1000 (sell out)

Unavailable: Kid Kash - Working for ECW Tonight

Michael Modest defeated Christian Cage in 7:17 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. During the match we also had Christopher Daniels run in and attack Cage
Rating: E+

Dick Slater appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Super Crazy, he and C.W will face him in a match against whoever he chooses.

Hayabusa defeated Johnny Swinger in 7:51 by pinfall with a Phoenix Splash.
Rating: E +

Tatanka comes out and says that it is time for him to reveal the mystery partner for his upcoming tag match against Slater and Anderson. Out comes Mike Awesome, and joins his partner in the ring, the crowd gives a slight pop.
Rating: F +

Steve Williams comes out to the podium and lays in to Nick Bockwinkle about Mike Awesome being allowed to tag with Tatanka. “I kicked his Ass two days ago, he should not be allowed to wrestle and if he is, I won’t be responsible for what happens”

Super Crazy defeated Joe E. Legend in 8:08 by pinfall with a Crazy Bomb.

Missy Hyatt, Steve Corino, Christopher Daniels and Michael Modest appear, and after roasting Super Crazy, they announce that they are forming an alliance. Posing provocatively with the Mic, Hyatt tells the crowd “Meet the down Boys, and where they go down, I’ll never tell”
Rating: E -

Chris Adams and Stevie Richards defeated Marty Jannetty and Ace Steel in 9:37 when Chris Adams defeated Ace Steel by pinfall with a foreign object.

After they hurl Jannetty to the floor, Adams and Stevie give Steele a brutal working over, leaving him Bloodied in the Ring.

Donovan Morgan defeated Rhino in 11:46 by disqualification, after Rhino smacked the Referee.

Robert Gibson hits the Ring. “You know, I have seen Adams and Richards work over young Wrestlers at the last two shows. It’s not enough to win, they want to punish people. Well that tells me, it’s time to rock, and when it’s time to rock, you get someone who has a little experience, if you know what I mean…..So Los Angeles…..if you’re ready to rock……meet The New ROCKERS!!!!” a decent reaction follows as Marty Jannetty joins Gibson in the Ring as Judas Priest plays.

The New Rockers promptly challenge Adams and Stevie to a match.

Mike Awesome and Tatanka defeated Dick Slater and C.W. Anderson in 16:31 when C.W. Anderson was disqualified when Robert Fuller ran in and attacked Mike Awesome
Rating E -

As Tatanka and Awesome are celebrating their victory in the ring, Steve Williams hits the Ring and joins Dick Slater and C.W. Anderson in laying the Boots to Awesome and Tatanka, leaving both Men battered in their wake

Final Rating E -

Thoughts:
Really underestimated the reaction to the formation of the New Rockers, guess our Fan base is not loaded with nostalgia buffs. The final rating of this show may actually damage our rep, I can see Verne laughing now at his easy $500,000.00 profit. I need to find someone to put the Companies Shoulders on while I build the young Stars, I thought I may have had him in Williams, but he was not deen the answer out of the gate.

With all the major WCW and WWF guys locked into written deals, I may have to try and lure away a top ECW Star, probably the best bet there would be Sabu, also may try and get Terry Funk in for a brief run.

The good news is we had our second straight sell-out, the bad is it's only 1000 seat arena......and if we don't pull ratings up, we may have empty seats there as well soon.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:09 PM   #9
BYU 14
Coordinator

Phone Call

Ricky Morton calls and is now interested in negotiating afterall....great F'n timing Ricky, right after I debut the new Rockers!!!

Two shows in and my flexibility as a Booker is already being tested.......What would Dusty do here?
Old 06-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

Current News

Rhino, Mike Awesome, Stevie Richards and CW Anderson all indicate their work schedules are taking a toll and ask we adjust their booking accordingly.

Terri Runnels announces her return to Wrestling.

Latest TV Ratings
WCW Nitro 5.90
WWF Raw 3.29
ECW Hardcore TV 0.10
Old 06-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #11
NevStar
High School Varsity

Looking forward to this: I'm running a DOTT AWA fed, myself.

Forget hiring Ricky Morton, look up Jake Milliman!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #12
molson
General Manager

It's pretty awseome that you're very much starting at the bottom with those match segements/ratings. If you stick with it long enough, you've set yourself up for milestone after milestone (first D- match, etc). Starting with WWF/WCW, etc, you have nowhere to go but down.

Ricky Morton might give you another heel to work with, as I imagine he could be jelous of the Jannetty/Gibson team, and the 3 of them could have some decent matches (relatively speaking).
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wednesday Week 4 December 1997 AWA Road Wars

Pamplin Sports center: Portland, Oregon Attendance: 1173

Tatanka is seen on the video board coming in from the Parking lot. Suddenly, Steve Williams, Dick Slater and C.W. Anderson appear and jump him, beating Tatanka to a pulp, before hurling him through a Windshield.

Gedo defeated Christian Cage in 5:12 by pinfall following interference from Jado. The Japanese Daredevils debut, garnering decent heat, considering they are completely unknown.

Super Crazy comes out and says that it is time for him to reveal his mystery partner for his upcoming tag match. Kid Kash appears and joins his partner in the ring and promptly dubs AWA’s newest Tag team…”The Suicide Machines baby, which means we got nothing to lose, so just let me ask……..Down Boys…What’s in your Wallet?”

In an AWA first, three way dance, Rhino defeated Frankie Kazarian and Joe E. Legend in 7:38 when Rhino pinned Frankie Kazarian after a Piledriver.
Rating: E + (Rhino looks like someone the Fans will take to as he develops)

The cameras catch Missy Hyatt and Nick Bockwinkel arguing violently backstage. Missy becomes so incensed regarding the formation of the Suicide Machines, she threatens to sue Bockwinkel for every penny he has if he doesn’t disband them.

Bockwinkel bends Missy over his Knee and whacks her Ass. “Put sexual harassment in your suit too Missy Harlot, because Corino and Daniels will face the Suicide Machines.”

Scott Hudson addresses the crowd…”Tatanka has suffered a serious injuries as a result of being attacked by the Stud Stable in the Parking lot and will be sidelined for an unknown amount of time.”

Dick Slater defeated Donovan Morgan in 6:35 by pinfall with a Leaping Piledriver.

As Dick Slater is celebrating his squash victory in the ring, Mike Awesome runs in and blindsides him, then lays the boots to the “Dirty one”. As Williams and C.W Anderson head to the Ring, Awesome stuffs a Feather from Tatanka’s Head Dress into Slater’s mouth, and then heads off through the crowd.

The video board shows a backstage cut of Missy Hyatt, Corino and Daniels engaged in a whispered conversation. It appears as if Missy is laying down (Something she is very comfortable doing) some master plan with Corino and Daniels, though the sound isn't clear enough to make out. As soon as the group notices the camera, they disperse.

The New Rockers defeated Chris Adams and Stevie Richards in 13:34 when Robert Gibson defeated Stevie Richards by pinfall with a Rocker Dropper.
(After the Match Jannetty takes exception that the old Rock and Roll express theme plays, grabbing the House mic and demanding “Living after Midnight” by Judas Priest.)

Final Rating E

Thoughts: Awesome is barely drawing a pulse from the crowd, and this continues to upset me as he has the look and the skills to be a Monster…..I need him and the new Rockers to get over as I can’t have my lower card Guys (Rhino, Jado, Gedo etc) getting the same Match ratings as my Headliners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevStar View Post
Looking forward to this: I'm running a DOTT AWA fed, myself.

Forget hiring Ricky Morton, look up Jake Milliman!

Thanks Nevstar, I think the AWA is overlooked quite a bit when people talk about the old Territories, it is my second favorite behind Georgia. Bockwinkel, Baron Von Raschke, Ken Patera, Crusher Blackwell...great talents.....And you had to love the Milkman, he was the Jobber extrodinaire, I still remember he pinned Jacque Goulet on TV after interference from Buck Zumhoff. I marked out big time cause they put it over as his first career win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson View Post
It's pretty awseome that you're very much starting at the bottom with those match segements/ratings. If you stick with it long enough, you've set yourself up for milestone after milestone (first D- match, etc). Starting with WWF/WCW, etc, you have nowhere to go but down.

Ricky Morton might give you another heel to work with, as I imagine he could be jelous of the Jannetty/Gibson team, and the 3 of them could have some decent matches (relatively speaking).

I have some ideas swirling around if I offer Morton...I think we may need him to start getting some respect from the fans.......one problem I am facing is the Southwest, where I am based is not very hardcore friendly.....so this will be a challenge for sure.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 4 December 1997 AWA Friday Night Frenzy

The Family Arena: St Louis, MO Attendance: 948

Unavailable: Kid Kash, working the ECW Pay per View.

Highlights of the recent attack on Tatanka by Steve Williams, Dick Slater and C.W. Anderson are played in a video package.

Joe E. Legend defeated Christian Cage in 4:52 by pinfall with a handful of tights.

Steve Williams is in the ring with Dick Slater and C.W. Anderson by his side taunting Tatanka.
Williams “Hey guys, what’s the difference between a Buffalo and Tatanka?”
Slater ”What Steve?”
Williams “I’ve never seen a Buffalo as a hood ornament on a Chrysler!”
The Stud stable departs, roundly congratulating each other on their sense of humor as they mock the fans on the way to the back.

Jado and Gedo drew with Frankie Kazarian and Ace Steel in 9:36 following a double count out.

Mike Awesome comes out to the podium for an interview. He states that it is now his mission to make Steve Williams, Dick Slater, and C.W. Anderson's life a living hell.
"It took all of you to take out Tatanka, well you should have put me away too…….I'm gunning for you and when I catch you I promise just one thing……….It’s gonna be damn awesome!!!"

Rhino defeated Donovan Morgan in 6:54 by pinfall with a Gore.

Chris Adams and Stevie Richards are interviewed backstage by Scott Hudson, they use this time to hype their upcoming match with The New Rockers, who Richards mistakenly calls “that Rock and Roll Express crew”

Marty Jannetty storms out, getting in Stevie Richards Face. “Listen punk, it’s the new Rockers…the Rock and Roll express is dead…..just like you!!!” With that chaos breaks out as Jannetty lights into Richards with a fury, both Robert Gibson and Chris Adams are forced to restrain their respective partners as Gibson begs Jannetty to “save it for the Ring”

Super Crazy defeated Hayabusa in 13:38 by pinfall with an Asai Moonsault.

As order is restored the video board shows C.W. Anderson finishing up the tape job on his wrists in preparation for an upcoming bout. From off camera we can hear the locker room door swing open. C.W. turns his attention to the source, smiling a warm welcome to whomever it is that has entered. The broad smile slowly turns to one of befuddled amusement, then to one of horror as the screen fades to black. CW is later discovered unconcious in a pool of Blood.

Chris Adams and Stevie Richards defeated The New Rockers in 13:35 when Marty Jannetty was disqualified for going berserk on Stevie Richards after Richards starting singing the old Rock and Roll express theme song.
Rating: E-

Robert Gibson confronts Marty Jannetty on the way to the back about his actions. “What is your issue with my past? You pick the music, you name the Team, I’m proud of what I have done…maybe the shadow of the Express is just too big for you?” Jannetty glowers at Gibson and storms off into the Locker room.

Mike Awesome comes out as the show ends and states he has never been a fan of mysteries, so he has a confession to make about CW Anderson. “IT…WAS….ME!!!, and it was absolutely....Awesome!!!”
Rating: F-

Overall Rating: E-

Thoughts: The crowd does not feel we have any hot storylines and I can’t say I disagree. Awesome needs more charisma and Williams needs to turn back the clock. Our most popular storyline right now is the Suicide Machines feud with the Down Boys, which is only an E overall, and undoubtedly suffers from Kid Kash working ECW on Fridays.

Also a little concerned we fell below 1000 in attendance for the first time.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:14 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

News from the Wrestling World

Joe E Legend, Christian Cage, Stevie Richards, Robert Gibson and Frankie Kazarian are all feeling the effects of our “brutal” two show a week schedule. For hell’s sake, Cage is the only one working another promotion (ECWA) and he hasn’t even wrestled for them in 3 weeks!!

The Wrestling Observer was also kind enough to print a blurb about our Friday show in St Louis….I quote “The feedback indicated the show wasn’t very good at all” Dave Meltzer can kiss my Ass!!!

December Pay per View buy rates:
ECW Holiday Hell: 0.33 - Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Sabu in the main event to begin his second reign as ECW Champion.

WWF In your House: 13.10 – Rocky Maivia and Kane defeated the Headbangers in the main event……whoopee.

WCW Starrcade: 20.17 – Hulk Hogan defeated Rick Steiner to retain the WCW World Title.

Goodbyes:
Giant Baba, Perro Aguayo, Chavo Guerrero Sr. and Moondog Spot all retire

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-05-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:53 AM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA announces signings

We have two new signings to announce; Nature Boy Buddy Landell has signed a PPA deal for $650.00 a shot…….and in huge news…..The AWA is pleased to announce a 12 month PPA deal in the amount of $1565.00 per show with former NWA World Champion………….Ricky “the Dragon” Steamboat!!! Though he has a bad back and was officially retired, I will still use him as an occasional Wrestler, as well as on the booking Team….hopefully, even at just a shell of his former self he can put an Ass or two in the Seats. I hope to use him to infuse some life into the sagging Mike Awesome/Stud Stable storyline.....

Our other attempt at signing a Legend was shot down as Bob Backlund snubbed us. His camp indicated they were holding out for an offer from a more prestigious organization. Good luck there Bob.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-06-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #17
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wednesday Week 1 January 1998 AWA Road Wars

Utah State Fairgrounds, Salt Lake City, Utah Att: 900

Scott Hudson addressed the crowd, putting over a match between The Suicide Machines vs. Corino and Daniels from the Down Boys later in the show.

Michael Modest defeated Christian Cage in 4:39 by pinfall when Missy Hyatt interfered, spraying Hairspray into Cages Eyes.

After the match a somber Nick Bockwinkel comes to the Ring and gives the audience news that Kid Kash has not yet arrived at the arena, putting the Suicide Machines/Down Boys Tag Match in jeopardy.

Missy Hyatt joins Bockwinkel in the Ring and grabs the House Mic. “I know a little about Boys being late because it happens a lot after an evening with me” Missy purrs seductively “But Kash would never know that pleasure if he was the last Man on earth!! I demand you cancel the Match Bockwinkel!!” Bockwinkel coyly replied that he guessed that made Kash the only Man on Earth then, which seemed to confuse Missy.

Super Crazy comes out to the podium and asks Nick Bockwinkel to allow Kid Kash more time to arrive to the arena. “He be here I promise, please senor Bockwinkel”

Rhino defeated Ace Steel in 7:20 by pinfall with a Gore. (The Man Beast marches on)

Nick Bockwinkel calls Super Crazy to the announcers Podium. Kash is still not here, so he gives Crazy a simple choice - he can either pick another partner for the upcoming tag match with the Down Boys, or the Match will have to be forfeited

Crazy says that he has made his decision, and he has chosen Frankie Kazarian as his partner. Out comes Kazarian. Bockwinkel makes the announcement that it is now official. Super Crazy and Frankie Kazarian will be teaming together to face the Down Boys, if Kash is still not here and ready by Match time.

Missy Hyatt comes out and tears into Nick Bockwinkel, telling him that since a replacement has been picked, the Match should start now “Kid Kash blew his chance Nicky, I demand you start the Match now, now now!” Missy pouts. Bockwinkel quips that despite how much Missy knows about blowing, Kash still has a few more minutes. Hyatt is livid “I show 3 minutes until the Match should start, if it does not start on time, the Down Boys win by forfeit!!”

With Kid Kash still not in the arena the Match goes as scheduled with Steve Corino and Christopher Daniels defeating Super Crazy and Frankie Kazarian in 6:31 when Steve Corino pinned Frankie Kazarian after Hyatt clocked him with her loaded Gucci Bag.

As Super Crazy chases Hyatt to the back, Corino and Daniels attack Frankie Kazarian laying a brutal beating on the helpless youngster. Crazy returns too late for the save as the Down Boys make tracks.

Marty Jannetty and Robert Gibson discuss recent events as they leave the Locker Room. Robert Gibson attempts to offer an Olive branch. “Look, it’s all about the New Rockers Baby, we put everything else in the past.” Jannetty seems pacified as they begin the walk to the Ring. Then as if on queue, “Rock and Roll is King” by ELO is heard over the sound system. Gibson shrugs, swearing he has no clue why this is playing. Jannetty looks away then slaps Gibson right across the face, storming off to the Ring in a huff, leaving a hurt and bewildered Gibson standing in the Aisle
Jannetty grabs the house Mic…..”No tag Match tonight!! You wrestle Adams, I wrestle Richards…..Whoever does better calls all the shots for the Team, music, tights everything!” With that Jannetty steps off the Ring Apron. Adams and Richards agree and we are set.

Chris Adams defeated Robert Gibson in 6:34 by pinfall following interference from Marty Jannetty, who catches Gibson with the Rocker Dropper as the Referee is distracted by Stevie Richards, the crowd is shocked

Marty Jannetty, Chris Adams and Stevie Richards commence to further brutalization of Robert Gibson in the ring, and leave him down and out. Suddenly ELO is once again heard over the sound system as Ricky Morton runs in and cleans House!!!! Morton has returned to save his former partner; Rock and Roll is here to stay!

Kid Kash suddenly appears, coming in through the Crowd, dressed in street clothes. He addresses an apology to Super Crazy, and calls out Bockwinkel, explaining his absence was due to Car troubles. "I left my Motel room and found that my car had flats, can you believe that? Today of all Days.” I'm here now and ready to face the Down Boys, I need 2 minutes to change, and then we can do this!!”
Missy Hyatt comes out to gloat. "No, No, No, Mr. Kid Kash! You were late, the match went down, my Boys came out on top” Missy winks “Which is how I like it” Hyatt pauses as a few slut chants echo in the crowd. “Are we supposed to cry a river for you just because you had four flat tires? I don't think so!"
Kid Kash glares at Missy Hyatt and interrupts. "Wait a minute, bitch. Just wait one damn minute, here. Who said I had FOUR flat tires?"
Suddenly, Missy appears near panic-stricken, "Well... You did. You said you had flat tires."

It now starts to make sense to Kash "I said I had flat tires, that's right, but I never said four. How did you know I had four flat tires?"
Missy makes a sudden retreat, while Kid Kash rages about being set up, spurring Bockwinkel to do something about it.

Bockwinkel points out to Kash that the official match was changed and it is over….besides there is no time left on the show for another Match, sorry.

Kash is not taking it, he challenges the Down Boys to a street fight, right here, right now, no Referee, no sanction, nothing….”Let’s just fight” When Corino and Daniels don’t appear he storms off to look for them as the show ends

Final Rating: E

Thoughts: Was not happy that not one of my 3 major story lines has even reached a D in heat yet, so I am throwing some swerves. The first of which was calling Morton and reaching an agreement with him at the last minute to fly in.......after all as Bob Seger says….”Still love that old time Rock and Roll.” The Express is back Baby.

I have hope for the Kash, Crazy vs Down Boys storyline and believe it will get over eventually. It is still our hottest angle, and with as much talent as these four have I expect better. I think I just need to be patient with this one for a while as we continue to grow.

This show was better than either of last Weeks shows and we didn’t receive any warning that it could hurt our popularity as we did with both of them. Attendance of 900 is our lowest yet, we will need to rebound this Friday.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #18
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wrestling News

Ricky Morton has captured the vacant WWC World Title with a victory over Steve "Dr. Death" Williams. With two of my Guys holding top spots in Puerto Rico I will look into booking a show down there to hopefully piggyback on this bout and get some rub down there.

I also send a request to ECW to sign a working agreement.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #19
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 1 January 1998

Shakopee Center-Shakopee, MN Attendance: 952

Marty Jannetty, Chris Adams and Stevie Richards attack Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson backstage, and leave them writhing on the ground in pain.

Mike Awesome stands smiling in the Ring “You know, when Tatanka went down I received a call from a legend, a legend who goes way back with a couple of guys in the stud stable, and now he is here to lend a hand….please give an AWESOME welcome to…..Ricky Steamboat!” Steamboat hits the Ring and announces he will now be watching Awesome’s back to the delight of the crowd.
Rating E+ (Awesome seems ready to crack a D- any day now on one of his segments)

Donovan Morgan defeated Johnny Swinger in 7:43 by pinfall.

Ricky Steamboat and Mike Awesome appear at the announcer’s Podium and promptly call out Steve Williams to face Awesome.

Steve Williams, C.W. Anderson, and Dick Slater come to the podium, staring Steamboat and Awesome down. Williams says he will accept the challenge made by Awesome and Steamboat, however, he has a Match tonight against Super Crazy, so Awesome…and Steamboat will have to take on CW Anderson and Dick Slater if Awesome wants a shot at him later.

Hayabusa defeated Joe E. Legend in 7:51 by pinfall with a Falcon Arrow.

The Rock and Roll Express come to the ring and challenge Adams and Jannetty to a cage match for the AWA Tag Titles. Morton is fired up as he promises to teach Jannetty “a thing or two about Rock and Roll.”

The debuting “Nature Boy” Buddy Landell defeated Ace Steel in 8:28 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Then promptly began to strut around Ringside yelling Whooooo and generally drawing the Fans ire.

During an interview with Scott Hudson, Jannetty and Adams accept the challenge made to them by Rock and Roll Express as Jannetty adds “How the Hell are a couple of hicks from the south going to teach me about Rock and Roll?”
Hudson: “Ah…you ever hear of Elvis Marty?”

Ricky Steamboat and Mike Awesome defeated C.W. Anderson and Dick Slater in 14:05 when Mike Awesome defeated C.W. Anderson by pinfall with an Awesome Bomb. Fuller attempted to interfere and hit Anderson with his Cane when Awesome ducked, setting up the finish.
Rating: E (Mike’s best Match yet)

Ricky Steamboat and Mike Awesome celebrate their victory in the ring.

Steve Williams defeated Super Crazy in 9:44 by pinfall following interference from Steve Corino of the down Boys, who delivered a spike DDT to Crazy after a ref bump. Steve Williams makes defense number 1 of his AWA World Heavyweight Title. Corino mocks Kid Kash yelling “What’s in YOUR wallet Bitch?” to Super Crazy as he leaves the Ring.

Upset that Corino interfered, Robert Fuller orders his client, Steve Williams to take it out on the insane Luchador, adding further insult to injury, Williams obliges, stomping a Mud hole in Super Crazy.

The Rock and Roll Express defeated Marty Jannetty and Chris Adams in 18:44 when Robert Gibson escaped the cage, after Stevie Richards accidentally slammed the cage door into Jannetty’s head. The Rock and Roll Express win the AWA World Tag Titles.

Overall Rating: E

Thoughts: Despite still pulling an E, I thought it was our best show to date as I got some Storylines rearranged and gave what is hopefully a good lead in to our annual January event “New Years Evolution” this coming Sunday. Awesome has already benefited from Steamboat as he pulled his best rating yet, hopefully the Veteran gives Mike a good rub.

Steamboat complains about his push afterwards, as he does not really want to Wrestle…I try and assuage his worries. Promising this will be short term just to get Awesome over.

Attendance is back up slightly, though not as good as our first trip to Shakopee last Month.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:29 AM   #20
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wrestling News

Both ECWA and ECW accept a working agreement with the AWA. With the arrangements complete we get a talent trade acquiring Tommy Dreamer for two appearances in return for Stevie Richards.

The Wrestling Observer has another tidbit about our latest show, indicating the feedback was good, considering the size of the promotion. Dave Meltzer is now off the Ass kicking list.

We submit documents in an attempt to buy out Southwest promation EWF, which they turn down.

WWF:
Jerry Lawler was named the best color commentator in the business based on a Wrestling observer poll.

In the same poll, Bret Hart surpasses Shawn Michaels as the best worker according to the fans.

WWC:
Adam Copeland named the best prospect by readers of the observer (Time to pursue him again)

Latest TV Ratings:

WCW Nitro 63.77
WWF Raw 30.42
ECW Hardcore TV 0.10

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-08-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:20 PM   #21
BYU 14
Coordinator

Week 1 Sunday - January 1998 AWA New Years Evolution

Dickens Athletic Center: Chicago, IL Attendance: 1807

Marty Jannetty, Chris Adams and Stevie Richards attack Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson backstage again, Battering both Men, then throwing them into the Parking lot.

Scott Hudson tells the crowd that Kid Kash is here and we'll be seeing Corino and Daniels vs. The Suicide Machines.

Christian Cage defeated Johnny Swinger in 4:44 by pinfall with an Inverted DDT.

The Rock and Roll Express, groggy and disheveled come out for an interview, challenging Chris Adams, Marty Jannetty, and Stevie Richards to allow them the opportunity to pick a partner of their choosing face off in a 6 Man Tag match. “You wanna play a numbers game boys? Well, the Rock and Roll express can whistle that tune too!” States Morton.

The Rock and Roll Express are still at the announcer’s podium, when Jannetty, Adams and Stevie Richards come out. They say that they accept the mystery challenge, and will face them in a six man match.

Gibson smiles and tells the trio that it’s time they met “The new member of the Band.” The lights go out and when they come back on a masked figure is standing in the Ring, arms outstretched. As Morton counts to three, the figure tears off the Mask to reveal…….ECW’s Tommy Dreamer!!!!

Rhino defeated Donovan Morgan in 8:51 by pinfall with a Gore.

Missy Hyatt struts to the Ring and tells the crowd that “Steve Corino and Christopher Daniels's have both received special motivation tonight…and are ready for Kid Kash and Super Crazy.” The crowd chants “You have sore Knees!!” as a flustered Hyatt runs to the back.

The Suicide Machines make lewd gestures as Hyatt passes them on her way back…..Kash grabs the Mic and tells the crowd the Down Boys are motivated….”To go get a Penicillin shot if they were playing with Missy Harlot” Crazy chimes in with “Viva la Puta” to the delight of the Crowd.

Ricky Steamboat and Mike Awesome make their way to the podium, where Steamboat puts Awesome over and indicates that with a little guidance he will destroy the entire Stud Stable when he gets the chance. Awesome nods his head in approval.
Rating: D- (Look at big Mike, pulling a D- no less)

After a brief intermission the AWA holds a 10 man Battle royal with the winner getting
a shot at Steve Williams next week for the Title. Much to the surprise of the crowd, former Champ
Nick Bockwinkel turns back the clock to win it in 15:56. The final four competitors also included Stan Lane, Buddy Landell and Ace Steel, with Stan Lane being the final elimination. Bockwinkel will have one final match for the World Title!!!

The announcers express a great deal of excitement over the upcoming Steamboat and Awesome vs. Down and Dirty. (Williams and Slater) match.

Ricky Steamboat, with Mike Awesome in the background, joins Scott Hudson to hype up the upcoming tag team bout against Down and Dirty, promising to lead Awesome to victory. Mike tries to speak, but Steamboat insists they go get ready.

The Suicide Machines defeated Steve Corino and Christopher Daniels in 11:39 when Kid Kash defeated Steve Corino by pinfall with a Dead Level. During the match we also had Missy Hyatt run in and try to get Crazy with a Can of Hairspray. She was rudely tossed to the floor for her troubles.

The Video board shows the backstage area, where we find Ricky Steamboat searching for Mike Awesome. After asking various workers questions as to Awesome's whereabouts, Steamboat strides off camera to continue the search.

Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson and Tommy Dreamer defeated Marty Jannetty, Chris Adams and Stevie Richards in 16:51 when Tommy Dreamer defeated Chris Adams by pinfall with a DDT as the other four Men brawled on the floor outside the Ring.

Down and Dirty are interviewed backstage by Scott Hudson. Williams calls Steamboat a “washed up hack” and Awesome “a Muscle bound idiot, who is so dumb he gets lost backstage.” Slater chimes in “It’ll be an easy night for the Stud Stable.”

Ricky Steamboat comes back out and says he can not find Awesome, but that an old friend has returned to do battle against Down and Dirty…..Tatanka hits the Ring and lets the crowd know he is on the War path.

Ricky Steamboat and Tatanka defeated Down and Dirty in 10:54 when Dick Slater was counted out while fighting Ricky Steamboat, who dove in to just beat the 10 count. During the match Robert Fuller interjected himself several times giving Steamboat and Tatanka some anxious moments.

As Steamboat and Tatanka are celebrating their victory in the ring. C.W. Anderson joins Steve Williams, Dick Slater and Robert Fuller as they launch an all out attack on the heroes.

Ricky Steamboat and Tatanka are taking a serious beating when Mike Awesome finally appears to make the save.

Ricky Steamboat and Mike Awesome are seen talking backstage in an animated fashion about Awesome’s disappearance. Mike indicates he just ran to his Car, prompting an incredulous Steamboat to ask ”Right before a MATCH?!?!?

Thoughts: The good, obviously is that we draw our largest crowd to day and Mike Awesome gets above an E in an angle he is part of, there may be hope yet. I was hoping for a better pop for Dreamer, especially since we are in Chicago, where there is a decent ECW following…..Overall I think we are improving, just very slowly.

Our best Storyline, the Down Boys VS The Suicide Machines has reached a D- in heat as well, which encourages me. I also plan to reward Rhino who is now our most over Wrestler (D momentum) with a storyline.

Overall a decent effort for our first Major show, I hope New Years Evolution will eventually be our Flagship Pay per view....if we stay afloat.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #22
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Road Wars: Wednesday Week 2, January 1998

The Wavehouse - San Diego, CA Attendance: 742

Scott Hudson and Stan Lane put over the fact that we'll be seeing Kid Kash take on Steve Corino.

Rhino comes to the ring and challenges “Anyone in the building” to an arm wrestling match.

Rhino is still in the ring when Adam Copeland emerges from the Audience and says he will accept the challenge!.

Michael Modest defeated Hayabusa in 6:38 by pinfall following interference from both Steve Corino and Christopher Daniels, the Down boys strike again.

Hayabusa makes his way to the podium and blasts the actions of Steve Corino and Christopher Daniels in broken English. He promises “revenge of the Samurai” and then staggers to the back.

The Announcers promote the upcoming Arm Wrestling contest between Adam Copeland and Rhino, wondering how the much smaller Copeland can have any chance.

Rhino sneaks up and grabs Hudson’s microphone, and proceeds to taunt Adam Copeland, calling him “a SoCal, Surfer Homo” among other things, which does little to endear him to the crowd.

Kid Kash drew with Steve Corino in 9:46 following a double disqualification. The match broke down when Christopher Daniels and Michael Modest attacked Kid Kash, followed quickly by Super Crazy and finally Hayabusa, who came after Modest.

Chris Adams, Marty Jannetty, and Stevie Richards give a spirited promo in which they taunt Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson, and Tommy Dreamer relentlessly, stating the Rock and Rollers are “lost in the 80’s” and Dreamer “loves Dessert so much he can’t even Wrestle in normal Gear.” calling him “Tommy Creamer” as they leave the Podium, promising a BIG surprise in the six Man tag Match.

After all the bluff and bluster, Adam Copeland and Rhino finally square off for their arm wrestling contest in the ring. As Rhino goes through a bizarre grunting ritual, Copeland gets the jump on him before he is ready, winning the contest!!!

Adam Copeland celebrates by striking poses to each side of the ring. Bailing just as an incensed Rhino attempts to deck him with a Chair.

Chris Adams, Marty Jannetty and Stevie Richards defeated Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson and Tommy Dreamer in 12:49 when Stevie Richards defeated Tommy Dreamer by pinfall following interference from a Dreamer nemesis from ECW….New Jack!!!

As the Rock and Roll Express is being beaten by Adams, Jannetty and Richards, New Jack sneaks up behind Dreamer and hits him the face with a Fireball….laughing maniacally as Dreamer screams in pain.
Rating: F- (The Fans were appalled by this angle……Wimps)

Thoughts: I think I may pull back on the California shows for a bit as we lose ground here and tonight is a new low for attendance. Rhino is still our most over Guy, but Copeland will need to get some exposure to get the most out of their Storyline.

Out next Show is in Minnesota and I have advertised the Williams/Bockwinkel scrap for the main event, as well as a Rock and Roll Express/Adams & Jannetty match, with a surprise special stipulation.

I think Hayabusa will be a nice addition to the Suicide Machines/Down Boys storyline as it plays out.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #23
BYU 14
Coordinator

News

Robert Gibson, Ricky Morton and Chris Adams are all indicating they are feeling the effects of their work schedule.....Might be time to end the storyline involving these guys as the spark has just not been there.

Tommy Dreamer and New Jack have both fullfilled their appearance requirements as part of the ECW talent trade agreement. I owe ECW two appearances by Stevie Richards and one by Mike Awesome.

Latest TV Ratings
WCW Nitro: 61.71
WWF Raw: 29.56
ECW Hardcore TV: 0.10
Old 06-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #24
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Friday Night Frenzy: Friday week 2, January 1998

Lysaker Gym – Copeland, MN Attendance: 782

Unavailable:
Kid Kash
Stevie Richards
Mike Awesome
All working an ECW show

C.W. Anderson defeated Christian Cage in 6:52 by submission with an Armbar Submission.

Scott Hudson is at the podium, where he hypes the upcoming bout between Steve Williams and Nick Bockwinkel by speaking about the significance of Bockwinkel, one of the greatest Champions in the history of the AWA coming back for one final shot at the Strap.

Rhino comes to the ring and challenges Adam Copeland to an arm wrestling rematch. “Let’s make it 2 out 3 Puke!!!”

Rhino is in the ring when Adam Copeland comes out. “You’re on Dude, and just so you know this time, go means we start, not that you keep grunting like an Ape in heat!”

Frankie Kazarian defeated Joe E. Legend in 6:58 by pinfall with a Wave Of The Future.

The Rock and Roll Express come to the ring and challenge Adams and Jannetty to a match with not only their Titles on the line, but with a Stipulation that the losing team must leave town.

Adams and Jannetty come out and can not accept the challenge fast enough. “Have fun playing your Fiddles, watching ‘Deliverance’ errr, I mean, your Family home videos and screwing Sheep back on the Farm when we kick your Asses!!!” crows Jannetty.

Hayabusa defeated Gedo in 7:48 by pinfall with a Falcon Arrow.
Rating:E+

Steve Corino is a guest announcer for the Hayabusa match and directs a steady stream of seething remarks at Hayabusa throughout, calling him “Bottom Ramen” and a “Gay-Sha” among other things.

Hayabusa runs to the Podium and gets in Corino’s face and the two have to be separated as they argue.

Hayabusa gets a hold of the house Mic and prepares to cut an interview. From out of nowhere, though, Christopher Daniels storms the set, knocks Hayabusa down with a brutal shot, and then delivers a bone snapping Pile Driver onto the concrete floor!!

Ricky Steamboat defeated Dick Slater in 7:14 when Dick Slater was disqualified when C.W. Anderson ran in and attacked Ricky Steamboat.
Rating: E- (Was hoping for better from the veterans)

A music video is shown of Adam Copeland working out, then defeating Awesome in their first Arm Wrestling match.

Rhino demands the video be stopped and shouts at Copeland to “Bring your Ass out here!!”

Copeland joins Rhino in the ring for an Arm Wrestling rematch. This time Rhino is focused and steadily drives Copeland’s arm to the Table. After winning, Rhino celebrates his victory with an abundance of Testosterone.

Adam Copeland walks over and offers his hand to Rhino as a sign of respect, but Rhino just snorts and shoves Copeland, refusing the handshake.

The Rock and Roll Express defeated Chris Adams and Marty Jannetty in 13:49 when Robert Gibson defeated Marty Jannetty by pinfall with a Rocker Dropper. With Stevie Richards not in attendance Adams and Jannetty had nobody to save them. They are finished in the AWA!! The Rock and Roll Express retain their Titles.

After being announced as the Winners, The Rock and Roll Express go out into the crowd to celebrate with their people.

Steve Williams defeated Nick Bockwinkel in 12:02 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver. Steve Williams makes defense number 2 of his AWA World Heavyweight Title. Bockwinkel tires, but performs admirably in his Swan song performance. Afterwards Williams raises Bockwinkel’s hand in a show of respect for the former Champion.
Rating: D(Our highest rated Match yet, these two Vets came through big time)

Overall rating D+

Thoughts: An improvement in the overall rating, helped mostly by the AWA Title match, but hopefully this will restore some stability to things. Our attendance is up a bit from the Wednesday show, so hopefully this trend will continue.

I cut losses with Jannetty and Adams, they just never re-captured their early glory…….
Old 06-10-2007, 04:45 PM   #25
BYU 14
Coordinator

News

We sign Shane Douglas to a PPA Deal for 9 Months at $1575.00 per Show

Marty Janetty and Chris Adams are released.

Sid Vicious turns down our negotiation request...Busy Softball schedule I guess.

The Wrestling observer again has good things to say about Friday Night Frenzy.

Frankie Kazarian wants a better push, I agree and move him to a Lower Midcard spot.

We request negotiations with two small Pay per View providers (Voom and Sky Angel) who both turn us down.

The rest of the World
Victor Quinones has started a new promotion in the SouthEast. NWA-Southern Championship Wrestling will be an old school traditional promotion. He announces he is looking for a Head Booker.

Tommy Dreamer injured at ECW show, reports indicate he will not take time off.

Word out of WWF is that Mosh is regarded as a rising Star that the promotion can use as a centerpiece. No wonder WCW is kicking their Ass.

Justin Credible has extended his contract with ECW.

Reckless Youth was on the Radio and indicated he suffers from severe Pre-Match Jitters.

Glen Jacobs was also on the Radio and revealed he likes to work smaller wrestlers as he feels it compliments his style.

Latest Ratings
WCW monday Nitro 60.51
WWF Monday Night Raw 29.45
ECW Hardcore TV 0.10

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-10-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #26
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Roadwars Wednesday Week 3, Janaury 1998

Cone Fieldhouse - Portland, OR Attendance: 785

Jado and Gedo defeated Donovan Morgan and Christian Cage in 10:18
when Jado defeated Christian Cage by pinfall with a Backdrop Suplex.

A Video Recap of the post match brawl involving Ricky Steamboat, Mike Awesome, Tatanka, Steve Williams, CW Anderson and Dick Slater is shown.

Down and Dirty (Williams and Slater) have an interview in which they taunt Steamboat and Awesome, comparing big Mike to a Caveman.

Ace Steel defeated Joe E. Legend in 5:21 by pinfall with a Steel Spike.

Scott Hudson addresses the crowd and lets them know that Hayabusa suffered a serious injury last Friday at the hands of Christopher Daniels and will be sidelined for an unknown amount of time.

Kid Kash comes out to the podium and blasts Daniels and Kash for setting Hayabusa up. “Y’all are fixing to get some good old fashioned Trailer Park justice!!” Drawls Kash.
Rating: F- (Way to work the Crowd Kid)

Tatanka defeated C.W. Anderson in 6:32 by pinfall with an Indian Death Drop. During the match we also had Robert Fuller run in and attack Tatanka, who fought the Stud Stable Manager off easily.

Ricky Steamboat comes out to address the upcoming tag team bout between He and Awesome versus Down and Dirty. Steamboat is confident as he promises to “Lead my young protégé to victory the right and honorable way”

Super Crazy defeated Stevie Richards in 13:38 by pinfall with a Crazy Bomb. Super Crazy wins the AWA Cruiserweight Title.

Christopher Daniels is laughing about hurting Hayabusa, when suddenly Kid Kash sneaks up and lays the Fallen Angel out cold.

Ricky Steamboat and Mike Awesome defeated Down and Dirty in 11:58 when Dick Slater was disqualified for using Brass Knuckles on Steamboat. After the Match Awesome checks on Steamboat, but leaves him still groggy in the Ring as the Show ends.

Final Rating: E-

Thoughts: The definite highlight was Super Crazy’s victory over Richards for the Cruiser strap, in a pretty good Match. I will rely on Crazy to defend this Title when Kash is not available to work, due to his ECW commitments. It looks like I can’t get Awesome over with a Forklift, so I will have to evaluate his worth to us when his current Storyline runs it’s course.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #27
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Friday Night Frenzy Week 3, Janaury 1998

Utah State Fairgrounds – Salt Lake City, UT Attendance: 865

Unavailable:
Kid Kash
Mike Awesome
Stevie Richards
All working ECW again.

Scoot Hudson announces that Shane Douglas has signed with the AWA!!

Jado and Gedo drew with Christian Cage and Donovan Morgan in 9:46 following a double disqualification, as all four Men brawl into the Stands.

Shane Douglas offers Ace Steel the chance to be his first AWA opponent. Steel gladly accepts; shakes Douglas’s Hand and turns to go get ready. As he leaves Douglas ambushes him from behind and starts beating the shit out of him. After what seems an eternity, Steel is left bloodied, and beaten.

Steve Corino defeated Frankie Kazarian in 6:46 by pinfall with an Old School Expulsion.

Rhino has an interview in which he taunts Adam Copeland.
"Adam Copeland's mom wanted a girl, his father wanted a boy, and they were both satisfied!! I will be two when I break your Arm later Surfer Boy!"

Adam Copeland had an interview hyping his upcoming Arm Wrestling match with Rhino.

Shane Douglas defeated a weakened Ace Steel in 6:54 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex.

A Video Recap of the prior Arm Wrestling contests between Adam Copeland and Rhino is shown:

Super Crazy defeated Michael Modest in 14:07 by disqualification. Super Crazy makes defense number 1 of his AWA Cruiserweight Title.

Adam Copeland and Rhino prepare to Arm Wrestle, when Rhino attacks, beating Copeland down into the mat.

Robert Gibson defeated Dick Slater in 8:46 when Dick Slater was disqualified when Robert Fuller ran in and attacked Robert Gibson.

Steve Williams defeated Ricky Morton in 14:37 by pinfall when Robert Fuller interfered with a Cane Shot. Steve Williams makes defense number 3 of his AWA World Heavyweight Title.

Overall Rating: E+

Thoughts: With key Workers unavailable, I focus more on Matches and I think it translates to a decent show, with an attendance jump as well. I think we now have the players in line to put some decent angles together and start the slow trek to competing as a solid regional promotion. We have working agreements with ECW and ECWA and I will utilize both to get talent exchanges for short term rubs for the AWA.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #28
BYU 14
Coordinator

News

Dick Slater, Super Crazy, Ace Steel and Donovan Morgan complain about the effects of a heavy work schedule.

Mike Awesome has finished his Talent trade obligations to ECW.

TV Stations will begin accepting proposals for the new Season in 6 Days.

Our bottom line shows a balance of $387,540.00, down from a starting balance of $500,000.00. I hope to start breaking even by the time the balance gets down to $200,000.00.

Current Storylines
The Franchise arrives (Shane Douglas) Heat: E+
The "Awesome" Mentor (Ricky Steamboat, Mike Awesome, Steve Williams, Dick Slater and Tatanka) Heat: E-
The Beast and the Surfer (Rhino and Adam Copeland) Heat: F+
Down Boys and the Suicide Machines part 2 (Steve Corino, Christopher Daniels, Mike Modest, Kid Kash, Super Crazy and Hayabusa) Heat F+

Rest of the World
Mitsuharu Misawa is named the Best Worker in the World in the latest Wrestling Observer Poll. In the same Poll, Bret Hart is named best Technical Wrestler and Rick Rude the best Manager.

Kevin Sullivan has extended his contract with WCW, congrats Bookerman.

Sabu has captured the JAPW Heavyweight Title, defeating Pitbull 2, who was making his first defense.

News from ECW indicates that Rob Van Dam may be on the way out, as apparently Paul E has not offered him a contract extension, and his current deal is expiring. (We quickly give RVD a call)

Bret Hart does a Radio interview and indicated that he still gets nervous before a big Match. Bill Goldberg was also on and revealed how much he enjoys the thrill of debuting for a new promotion.

Bob Armstrong has been hired as the Head Booker of NWA-Southern Championship Wrestling (SCW) by Victor Quinones. Unfortunately their initial offers to Tommy Dreamer, Taz, RVD, Joey Styles and Harvey Wippleman are all turned down. They do snag Jim Molineaux however.

Latest Ratings
WCW Monday Nitro: 55.48
WWF Monday Night Raw: 29.79
ECW Hardcore TV: 0.11
Old 06-11-2007, 12:54 AM   #29
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Road Wars Wednesday Week 4 January 1998

Agora Theater - Cleveland, OH Attendance: 769

The video board shows the parking lot, where a brutal attack by Shane Douglas on Frankie Kazarian is caught on film. Coincidentally, Douglas is scheduled to Wrestle Kazarian tonight.

Christian Cage defeated Joe E. Legend in 6:38 by pinfall with an Inverted DDT.

Christopher Daniels, livid at being attacked last week by Kid Kash, comes to the Ring and challenges him to a dog collar match. “You’re nothing but a Junkyard Mongrel Boy; you should be right at Home while I whip your hide with this Chain"

Kid Kash appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Christopher Daniels, “Cause every Dog has his day and this Dog will bite you in the Ass”

Steve Corino comes out with his clients, Daniels and Modest. All three begin to mercilessly taunt Kid Kash. “Hi I’m an illiterate Redneck from a Trailer Park…..you got a pretty Mouth for a City Boy” needles Corino, as his cronies laugh…

Shane Douglas defeated Frankie Kazarian, still in poor shape from the Parking lot “accident” in 6:07 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex.

Kid Kash bumps into Daniels backstage. A long stare down ensues as Kash promises to destroy the Cocky Daniels later.

Missy Hyatt is questioned backstage by Scott Hudson about how she thinks Daniels will do against Kash. “Look at me Scotty…….how would you do knowing I would be waiting afterwards?” Hudson advises Hyatt he has just eaten and can’t answer that right now.

Super Crazy defeated Stevie Richards in 12:39 by pinfall with a Crazy Bomb. Super Crazy makes defense number 2 of his AWA Cruiserweight Title.

Ricky Steamboat is backstage teaching his student Mike Awesome a few wrestling moves and ideas. Awesome seems annoyed, but goes through the motions anyway

Ricky Steamboat and Mike Awesome are seen arguing backstage. “Rick, I know how to Wrestle, I don’t need you to tell me what to do, just watch my damn back!!” Steamboat seems surprised by the terse reaction of his protégé.

Christopher Daniels defeated Kid Kash in a Dog Collar match in 15:25 by pinfall when Missy Hyatt slipped him a Key to the Collar, allowing him tie Kash to a Ring Post and brutalize him.

Having picked up the victory, Christopher Daniels celebrates with Missy in the in the Ring, as Parents everywhere cover their Children’s Eyes.

Final Rating: E

Thoughts: A rather weak show in my opinion as the heat has really faded on the Down Boys/Suicide Machines Feud. Super Crazy would have been a better opponent for Daniels, plus the Cruiserweight Belt could have been put up as well…Lesson learned.

A dip in attendance after a 3 show climb is frustrating, we need to get on TV bad and I will be flooding Stations with requests soon.

Kid Kash suffered a broken Hand in the Dog Collar Match, he will work through it.

With Workers out, TV negotiations pending and the need to rest some of the Boys, I cancel Fridays show, hopefully the hit is not too big.

We also move our Wednesday Show to Tuesday and rename it Tuesday Terrors to better space out the Schedule and give our Workers an extra day of rest between Shows.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-11-2007 at 01:08 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:15 AM   #30
BYU 14
Coordinator

Adam Copeland has been voted Wrestlings top young prospect by readers of the Wrestling Observer. WWC also indicated they plan to make him a central figure in their promotion, which will help us as well.

In the same Poll Jim Cornette is named the best Manager in the World

Rob Van Dam turns us down

Kensuke Sasaki wins the vacant WWWA Heavyweight Title

January PPV Summary
WCW Souled Out: 20.58
WWF Royal Rumble:14.75
ECW House Party: 0.26

Retirements
Antonio Inoki
Giant Baba
Chavo Guerrero Sr.
Moondog Spot
Old 06-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #31
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Friday Night Frenzy Friday Week 1, February 1998

Shakopee Center - Shakopee, MN Attendance: 1000 (Sell-Out)

Christian Cage defeated Joe E. Legend in 5:51 by pinfall with an Inverted DDT.

A video plays hyping Adam Copeland/Rhino Arm Wrestling Battles and Rhino’s subsequent attack on Copeland.

Scott Hudson and Stan Lane put over the fact that we'll be seeing Adam Copeland take on Rhino in the Ring next Tuesday.

C.W. Anderson defeated Donovan Morgan in 7:38 by pinfall with a Spinebuster.

Mike Awesome comes out to the Ring and to everyone’s surprise challenges Ricky Steamboat to a match.

As Awesome stands in the ring, Ricky Steamboat comes out. He says that he refuses the match challenge, citing their Mentor/protégé relationship. “It would be like wrestling my Son.” Instead, Steamboat proposes that the two hold a public workout later in the show. Awesome looks annoyed, but finally relents with a simple “OK…..Daddy”

Buddy Landell defeated Frankie Kazarian in 6:58 by submission after blatantly cheating behind the referee’s back for most of the Match.

Scott Hudson takes the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming exhibition between Ricky Steamboat and Mike Awesome. “This will really demonstrate the job Steamboat has done improving Awesome’s skills Folks.”

Super Crazy defeated Christopher Daniels and Ace Steel in a three way Ladder Dance at the 12:24 mark when Super Crazy retrieved the Cruiserweight Belt. Super Crazy makes defense number 3 of his AWA Cruiserweight Title.
Rating: D(Crazy and Daniels worked very well together)

Steamboat and Awesome are seen backstage in another heated exchange. They separate and head to the Ring before what is being said can be heard.

Once in the ring, Ricky Steamboat and Mike Awesome put on a wrestling exhibition for the fans; clean breaks, no pinfall attempts, etc. Ricky Steamboat clearly is the better wrestler of the two. At one point, Steamboat quickly clamps on and then releases a bear hug, forcing a grunt of authentic pain from Awesome. The fans applaud Steamboat's gesture, knowing that had this been a genuine encounter, Mike Awesome would surely have submitted.

The frustration can be seen building on Awesome’s face as he finally snaps and hurls Steamboat through the ropes to the Arena Floor.
Awesome, looking apologetic, rushes over to hold the ring ropes for Steamboat to re-enter. As he does, Awesome nails Steamboat with a Kick to the groin, grabs a chair, and demolishes him with it. The Arena is stunned.

Rock and Roll Express defeated Jado and Gedo in 13:53 when Ricky Morton defeated Gedo by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. Rock and Roll Express make defense number 3 of their AWA World Tag Titles.

Steve Williams defeated Tatanka in 11:36 by pinfall when Robert Fuller interfered. Steve Williams makes defense number 4 of his AWA World Heavyweight Title.

Thoughts: I am overjoyed that we have once again achieved a Sell-out in our return to Minnesota. I feel it is due to a Bockwinkel/Williams rematch being advertised, which unfortunately had to be scrapped, as Bockwinkel was not ready to wrestle physically. Hopefully this will not hurt us, and I will try to get the rematch set for next Friday. Super Crazy is starting to deliver solid Matches and I will look for a Manager to help him and Kash get over even more as neither is great on the Mic…..Well Crazy may be, but it is hard to understand him.

Rhino is struggling with his first Storyline and after it runs his course I will more than likely go back to just booking him in Matches, in fact I think a series between him and Copeland would go over well, with minimal talking or acting.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #32
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Tuesday Terrors: Tuesday Week 2 February 1998

Utah State Fairgrounds - Salt Lake City, UT Attendance: 1000 (Sell-Out)

C.W. Anderson defeated Donovan Morgan in 7:56 by submission after interference from Robert Fuller.

Scott Hudson advises the crowd that the main event will be a match between The Rock and Roll Express and Down and Dirty for the AWA Tag Team Titles.

Mike Awesome calls out Ricky Steamboat and apologizes for his actions, saying “The moment was just so emotional, I got carried away.” He thanks Steamboat for all his help and shakes his Hand. As Steamboat turns to leave Awesome attacks him from behind, beating him mercilessly. After what seems an eternity, Steamboat is left bloodied, and unconscious.

Tatanka defeated Johnny Swinger in 4:55 by pinfall with an Indian Death Drop.

Adam Copeland talks about his upcoming singles match with Rhino, promising to knock some smarts into the Man Beast.

Rhino comes out and tells Copeland the only knocking he will be hearing will be on his Hospital door…..with that the Bell rings and we have a Match.

Adam Copeland defeated Rhino in 10:35 by pinfall with a Leaping DDT, after Rhino missed a Gore through a Table. Rhino is livid as a smiling Copeland escapes into the crowd as Rhino grabs a Chair.

The lights go out and when they come back on, ECW’s Sandman stands in the entryway with a Beer and a Mic!! He challenges Shane Douglas to a match. “Douglas, you ran from ECW like a Bitch, then come here and beat on a bunch of Jobbers. Well I ain’t done with you, so if you have any Balls, face me tonight and get ready to be taken….to the extreme!!!”

A voice says “Consider yourself taken” and as Sandman turns around Shane Douglas decks him, then sprays him in the Eyes with Hair cream. The effect is instantaneous: The Sandman begins rolling around on the ground unable to see screaming in pain. Douglas then picks him up and drags him to the Ring.

Shane Douglas defeated The Sandman in 9:36 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex. Though he fights bravely, the Sandman is unable to see anything but shadows due to the earlier attack and takes a horrendous beating.

Having picked up the victory, Shane Douglas celebrates in the ring, and goes crazy, running around the ring like a madman, dumping water over himself, and hugging the referee and ring announcer, then mocking the Hardcore Icon to the fans.

The Suicide Machines defeated Steve Corino and Christopher Daniels in 12:21 when they were disqualified after Missy Hyatt ran in and attacked Kid Kash with her Spiked Heels.
Rating: E- (disappointing match as Kash's injury hampered his performance badly)

Highlights of the attack on Ricky Steamboat by Mike Awesome are played on the video board.
F+

Scott Hudson and Mike Awesome are at the podium, discussing Awesome's the attack..
Awesome is still steaming……”I don’t need a Mentor, a Daddy of a Buddy…I have been in this Business long enough to know what I do best and that’s just kicking peoples Ass!!!......And that is all I need to do, because that is just….AWESOME!!!”

The Rock and Roll Express draw with Down and Dirty in 14:44 following a double count out as all four Men brawl into the crowd in a bloody Match. The Rock and Roll Express make defense number 3 of their AWA World Tag Titles.

Overall Rating: E-

Thoughts: A bit of a let down at the top of the Card. With Awesome’s Heel turn complete, he should be able to get over a bit better now and we will do a quick blow-off to the Steamboat feud as Ricky is clearly just a shell of his former self and is not helping Awesome progress. In related News I am negotiating with Awesome’s old nemesis from Japan, Masato Tanaka, hoping they can generate some excitement in a program if he signs.

Dick Slater arrived late and received a verbal warning.

Happy at another Sell-out, hopefully the rating of this Show will not derail momentum gained in the last week.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #33
BYU 14
Coordinator

News

Our first Tuesday Night Terrors show was panned by the Wrestling Observer...Not a good debut at all..........Oh yeah, F-You Dave Meltzer!!

Shane Douglas is pushing too hard according to Media reports and is headed for a possible physical breakdown...good thing I am only giving him squash Matches ATM

Mike Awesome and Hayabusa sign with upstart promotion SCW, we will be priorty so no damage here.

Ricky Morton signs with ECWA, again we should be priority, the Rock and Rolls are not part of my long term plans anyway.

Scott Hudson signs with JAPW, this could cause problems.

Kid Kash signs a PPA extension with us of 9 Months at $825 per show.

We also sign Japanese future bad Ass Masato Tanaka for $125 per show over 8 Months. This should keep Awesome busy down the road.

Recent Polls
Hulk Hogan is the most entertaining Worker according to the misguided readers of the Wrestling Observer.

Chris Benoit is now considered the Best overall Worker.

Latest TV Ratings:
WCW Monday Nitro: 60.66
WWF Monday Night Raw: 27.70
ECW Hardcore TV: 0.10

WWF had closed the gap a little as recently as last week, but WCW roars back to top a 60 rating again, while the WWF slips back below 30......As far as ECW goes, well, they have a show at least.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-13-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #34
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Friday Night Frenzy: Friday Week 2, February 1998

Alumni Memorial Field house – Philadelphia, PA Attendance: 1327

C.W. Anderson defeated Ace Steel in 6:50 by submission after interference from Robert Fuller.

Ricky Steamboat challenges Mike Awesome to a match, and in order to get it he says that he'll put his career on the line in the match to teach Awesome some respect for “those that have paved the way.”

Masato Tanaka defeated Gedo in 8:58 by pinfall with a Roaring Elbow.

Mike Awesome appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Ricky Steamboat, he'll face him in a match, adding that if he can’t beat a washed up Wrestler reliving his glory days, then he will leave the AWA!!

Steve Corino defeated Super Crazy in 13:56 by pinfall following interference from Michael Modest. During the match we also had Christopher Daniels run in and attack Crazy, which distracted the Referee. Steve Corino wins the AWA Cruiserweight Title.

Missy Hyatt, Steve Corino, Christopher Daniels and Michael Modest have an interview hyping themselves by telling everyone in the Arena just.. how.. good.. they... are...”In fact we are so good” crows Corino, “That Kid Kash would rather wrestle across town in a Bingo Parlor, then be here to protect his Partner” as he strokes his newly won Belt. Daniels then adds “How is that pain in the Neck Hayabusa?” As they leave the Ring laughing.

Mike Awesome defeated Ricky Steamboat in 11:32 by pinfall following interference from Shane Douglas, who laughs at a fallen Steamboat as it is announced that he now must retire.

Shane Douglas grabs the House Mic, and hollers at the Staff helping Steamboat to the back to “Get his old tired Ass out of here!!!” Turning his attention to the Crowd Douglas continues. “You see, even you Marks here in the City of Brotherly incest should be smart enough to know……That I am the future…..the Franchise!!! And that piece of shit is the cold….dead…. past! One Legend buried and you can bet your Ass….it won’t be the last!!!”

Steve Williams defeated Nick Bockwinkel in 13:39 by pinfall with an Oklahoma Stampede, successfully defending his AWA Heavyweight Title.

Robert Fuller enters the Ring and demands that Steve Williams puts the Boots to Bockwinkel, as CW Anderson and Dick Slater run to the Ring ready to assist….Williams stops them and gestures to himself…..

With the rest of the Stud stable on standby, Steve Williams walks over………and offers his hand as a sign of respect to Bockwinkel, who accepts the gesture.

Livid, Robert Fuller strikes Williams with his Cane, as Dick Slater and C.W. Anderson join in. Shane Douglas hits the Ring, stares the Stable down, then begins to kick Bockwinkel. The other three resume their violence, leaving both Bockwinkel and the AWA Champion laid out as the Crowd showers the Ring with debris.

Thoughts: I really used this show to set up some much more intriguing storylines down the road, though the fact the Ricky Steamboat put his career up popped the Crowd a bit. Steamboat was really struggling, so this lets me put him to work as a Road agent, where he should help us out quite a bit working with Les Thatcher.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:58 PM   #35
BYU 14
Coordinator

News

We sign Super Crazy to a Nine Month PPA extension for $1325.00 a pop.

Still no bites on a TV Deal

The rest of the World

WWF has offered Sandman a Contract

Jerry Lynn appears on the Radio and admits that the more he gets pushed the more nervous he gets.

Psicosis is named the best High Flier in the World by Readers of the Wrestling Observer.

Kenta Kobashi is named the Best Brawler in the World in the same Poll.

New Promotion NWA-SCW now has 10 Workers and 4 Staff under Contract, with Johnny Ace, Pat Tanaka and Chavo Guerrero JR set as the Main Eventers thus far.

Latest Ratings:
WCW Monday Nitro: 59.08
WWF Monday Night Raw: 27.07

A slight dip for the big two, while ECW moves up a point.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:32 PM   #36
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Tuesday Night Terrors: Tuesday Week 3, February 1998

Pamplin Sports Arena - Portland, OR. Attendance: 1,110

Unavailable:
Steve Corino
Mike Awesome
Steve Williams
Ricky Morton
Adam Copeland

All to work with WWC...Corino and Awesome don't even appear and Copeland gets jobbed out. Williams and Morton battle for Ricky's WWC Title, which he retains. Luckily they run a sparse schedule, so this won't be an ongoing problem for our Tuesday Show.

Donovan Morgan defeated Joe E. Legend in 7:50 by pinfall.

Robert Fuller comes out and says that “Someone needed to shovel the crap out of the Stable. We didn’t need somebody to cow tow to old, washed up ‘Legends’….We needed a Legend Killer!!” Shane Douglas appears and announces that Williams will be the third legend to fall before him as Fuller chimes in with his best Donald Trump…”Steve Williams………You’re fired!!!!”

Frankie Kazarian and Christian Cage defeated Jado and Gedo in 6:48 when Jado was disqualified for hitting Christian Cage with a set of Brass knucks.

The Sandman comes to the ring and challenges Shane Douglas to a match. “You call yourself a Legend killer??? Well I’m still here, smoking, drinking Beer and ready to kick your Ass for trying to destroy my Eye sight and my Career!!!”

The Sandman is still in the ring when Shane Douglas comes out. “Sandman, you’re not dead….because you’re NOT….a legend. But I promise you this….TONIGHT…….I WILL…….Franchise your Ass!!!”

Buddy Landell defeated Masato Tanaka in 9:55 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock using the Ropes for leverage.

Up in the Ring, Kid Kash apologizes for his loss to Christopher Daniels a week ago and the Kid promises to “Make things right with the down Boys, as soon as one of them has the Guts to drag their Carcass out here”

Kid Kash defeated Michael Modest in 13:39 by pinfall with a Bank Roll. During the match we also had Missy Hyatt run in and attack Kid Kash with her purse, which he used to deck Modest after taking it away from her, setting up the win.

Missy Hyatt comes out to the podium frustrated and crying. She announces to The Suicide Machines that they had better watch their back in the future.
"You've ruined my night for the last time…you…..you…..oh!!! I hate you both!!!. Kid Kash and Super Crazy!!! The next time you see my boys, you had better move over to the other side of my Bed……ohhhh, I mean the Arena….I hate you"

Robert Gibson defeated Stevie Richards in 10:45 by pinfall with a Dropkick.

Shane Douglas comes charging out as the Sandman makes his entrance. Douglas blindsides Sandman, then picks him up, clamps on a brutal Bear Hug, then slams him straight through the set wall. The violence of the move topples the entire set and leaves Sandman down, grabbing his back in agony.

Shane Douglas defeated The Sandman in 10:45 by pinfall with a Piledriver. During the match Dick Slater and C.W. Anderson run in and work the Sandman’s already injured back over. Unable to stand up straight, Sandman is easy pickings for the finisher.

Thoughts: Still searching for that elusive D rating…..I have put the fans through a few swerves in the last week or so, but I think it will be for the better in the long run. Really want to grow Douglas as he is the Guy I am now counting on to carry the promotion forward. Will have to rethink this Tuesday show stuff if I keep losing guys to WWC. I am toying with only one show a week until we get a little more popular.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-26-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #37
BYU 14
Coordinator

News

AWA
Kid Kash is recovering well, he was not bothered by his broken hand last time out.

More rejections on the TV front, mostly because we don't fit their "style"

We sign Erin O'Grady to a $150.00 PPA deal, adding to our youth movement

CW Anderson signs a PPA with NWA-SCW
Steve Williams and Robert Fuller both sign PPA's with Jersey All Pro. Williams is taking on a big workload, maybe too big for our Champion.

The rest of the World
One Man Gang and James Storm capture the OVW Heavyweight and TV titles respectively.

Sandman and Taz sign with the WWF, though only PPA deals. Sid Vicious puts up the Softball Bat to also sign (A written Deal) with the WWF,

NWA-SCW hold their first show to rave reviews, though only drawing 94 Fans. Pat Tanaka captures the SCW Heavyweight Belt, defeating Johnny Ace. Mike Awesome also appeared defeating Devon Storm.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #38
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Friday Night Frenzy Friday Week 3, February 1998

The Family Arena - St Louis, MO Attendance: 994

Masato Tanaka defeated Joe E. Legend in 7:39 by pinfall with a Roaring Elbow.

Robert Fuller, Shane Douglas, Dick Slater and C.W. Anderson appear, Douglas as usual, is in rare form. “Tonight I will slay another legend, though I hardly know if you can count Robert Gibson as one. You see, when most of your career is spent Wrestling in the South…Chances are, that half of the Crowd, are your own…..Inbred Relatives!!!…So they love you anyway Gibson…Just like I am going to love….Franchising your Ass!!!”

Frankie Kazarian and Hayabusa (returning from his injury at the hands of Christopher Daniels) defeated Jado and Gedo in 8:55 when Frankie Kazarian defeated Jado by pinfall with a Wave of the Future. (After the match the Down Boys appear, watching Hayabusa from a distance)

Steve Williams is in the ring with a microphone. He claims that he is a new man, but with the same nasty attitude, and dares anybody from the Stud Stable to face him tonight….for the World Title!!!

Adam Copeland defeated Rhino in 11:46 by pinfall with a Leaping DDT as Rhino attempts a Gore.

Impressed with Copeland’s improvisation, Rhino actually walks over and shakes his hand, then pushes him down, vowing to get revenge.

Dick Slater comes out and says on behalf of the Stud Stable, he will take the open challenge that Steve Williams issued.

Robert Gibson is backstage stretching, when once again Douglas gets in a cheap attack, clubbing his Knee with a Night Stick

Shane Douglas defeated Robert Gibson in 13:53 by pinfall after again taking a Night Stick to his Knee. Unable to maneuver, Gibson falls easy prey to the Pittsburgh Plunge.

Steve Williams defeated Dick Slater in 16:57 by pinfall with an Oklahoma Stampede, despite run-ins from Shane Douglas and CW Anderson. Steve Williams makes defense number 5 of his AWA World Heavyweight Title.

Shane Douglas, Dick Slater and C.W. Anderson attack Steve Williams after the Match and proceed to kick the living Tar out of him………..Suddenly Nick Bockwinkel hits the Ring, cleaning House with a Baseball Bat, as the Stud Stable hit the Bricks.

Nick Bockwinkel grabs the House Mic and informs the crowd that Since Douglas is such a “Legend in his own Mind” he is giving him a Match against Steve Williams for the Title next Week, with the Stud Stable banned from Ringside

Thoughts: Still trying to break the E rating and I am disappointed the Franchise is not drawing more Heat. He is about to get involved with Williams and he needs to carry his Weight. Match of the Night was the Copeland/Rhino Match, but Rhino is not capable of doing any Mic or Angle work as his ratings are horrible when he is not wrestling. I really need to put together something for the Rock and Roll Express again and I am thinking of a Storyline involving them and Slater/Anderson.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:35 AM   #39
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

Please keep it up. Enjoyable read all around.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #40
BYU 14
Coordinator

News

AWA
Rhino scores a Radio interview and one thing he mentions is he hates woeking against Guys bigger than him (Like we have any) which I guess bodes well for his Fued with Copeland.

Rumors abound that friends of Shane Douglas are concerned his heavy Schedule is taking a serious Toll on him. The Franchise has not mentioned anything to us.

The Rest of the World
Steve McMichael has gone on record as saying he should be carrying WCW, which according to insiders has most of the WCW Locker room in stitches.

Rob Van Dam has left ECW, but again turned doew the WWF, though Vinnie Mac does land Kurt Angle. We will pursue Van Dam hard.

Marty Jannetty signs with NWA-SCW. Good luck figuring out what to do with him.

WCW Monday Nitro: 57.48
WWF Monday Night Raw: 27.03