Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2023, 05:55 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Movies – Pristine Pictures

Hello awesome folks! I hope that you are having a most joyous day today! Today I wanna head back to The Movies for a dynasty, this time as the fledgling underdog called “Pristine Pictures”. But first, before we try I need to figure out if you can see my screen shots. My movie videos are fine, I can download them and upload them to YouTube for you to watch, but I want to show my studio lot and such to you as well as the Awards Show.

I think that’ll work!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-21-2023 at 05:56 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 06:15 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So what are The Movies and their Expansion pack we’ll be running called “Stunts and Effects?” Released in 2005, published by British company Lionhead Studios, then it lets you run your own movie studio from building the Studio Lot to the hiring of extra, stars, scriptwriters, researchers, camera operators, directors, janitors and maintenance and later after your stars get better, entourages. You’ll need ot take care of their look in clothes style, plastic surgery to keep them young, trailers for your stars to live in that need to look nice, and more like bathrooms, restaurants and bars. In the base game we’ll be playing, you start in the silent era of filming in old school Hollywood.

This has some strong game design such as mechanical things to move around to various places, like releasing a film or moving it from written script to casting to filming to release. The early game is very strong for the first 20 years or so. The mid game is tedious do to the entourage issue taking up your staff and scripts with more than one star taking up more Sets to film and time which increases pressure on your director and stars which means they’ll wind up leaving the set to drink and rest. I’ve never made it to the late game.

I like the early game so much that I usually play it every few years or so to give it another spin. I do have the expansion but I’ve never made it to that place where the Stunts and Visual Effects start to get added.

There are some great things. You can increase the working relationship of staff by having them talk to each other or have dinner at a restaurant or drinks at a bar. You can have them practice a genre of music making my practicing in a set. There are real life event in the game that change things, like Comedy films doing better in the Great Depression as people seek fun alternatives, so there is a realistic timeline. There is an Awards show every 5 years, and winners get certain benefits for the next five years, and then a new award and studio will arrive to vote on next.

The PC Metacritic score is 84 and the

Here are the Genres:

Comedy
Action
Sci-Fi
Horror
Romance

Ready to kick this thing off?

Old 07-21-2023, 06:45 AM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It’s January, 1920, and I have 150k in cash

Here are my stars:

Actor – Chris Langlois - Strong at Sci-Fi decent at Horror
Actress – Shannon Bjorkquist – Okay at Horror and Sci-Fi
Director – Hannah Barry – Barely charts in Horror and Sci-Fi

Here’s my Studio on Map Mode:

And here it is zoomed out on regular style:

Old 07-21-2023, 04:10 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ready to open up our Studio? Yup!

Let’s open this thing up! I hear a radio announcement about us opening, and I get a Script to Cast called “The Baggage Boy”. I begin to cast it in the Casting Office. This is a Comedy. In April it starts filming.

I make two Crew to work it, and then I hire another Director:

Dir – Chris Keitnley – Just charts on Horror and Sci-Fi

I hire a Janitor

In June 1920 the Wild West Saloon Set becomes available and I build it. Once built I can start practicing here.

In August the Set is finished.

In October shooting is finished on “The Baggage Boy” wanna see it?

Here’s the ratings and such:

I'm trying to figure out the movie. I used to upload these in an old dynasty to YouTube. Let's see what I can figure out with the .trl type.

Old 07-21-2023, 04:27 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I cannot figure out how to open the file and it doesn't count as a film that YouTube can open, so I recorded myself watching it. Here, let's see if this works:

Old 07-21-2023, 09:53 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

With our release we are now the 5th highest ranked Studio of 5. All stars that stared in that movie on Director’s or Actors gained a smidge in Comedy. As you can see, that’s not that much here. I have three talent left, all good in Romance, I could hire two, and specialize in Romance, Horror and Sci-Fi and make all three genres at a time but they’d take up sets, and be pretty slow.

Chris Langlois is ranked 8th best star, and is our highest rated star.

I unlock bathrooms and the Snack Van and I build two and one.

In Jan 1921 I unlock the Makeover Dept and I order it built; In April it’s build three months later, I do over my stars.

I increase my salary by 1k for my stars

I am assigned another script, this time a Romance called “Love Lasso” – should I hire two from my 3 waiting talent to do it? It needs one extra and one male lead. I hire these staff for my Romance Film:

Director – Monika Dubinska – Good at Romance, solid at Sci-Fi
Actor – Jeff Brutus – Basic at Comedy and Horror, never mind he should have been an Extra
Extra – Jo Bury – Good at Romance and Comedy

In October we begin shooting the film

In November, with 99k in cash, we unlock new sets, which are:

Wild West Desert – 7k, big
Rural: Musty Cellar – 5k, small
Sci-Fi: Starship Bridge – 15k, medium

In Jan 1922 I order another Snack Van built near my sets

In April everything is built! Here’s my zoom out at M:

As you can see, my sets are all in one block around each other to make the movies moving from set to set seemless.

I now have three Bathrooms and two Snack bars

In June we finish shooting “Love Lasso” and get it ready for release!!!

Love Lasso:

Much better rating than Baggage Boy!

Here’s the video:

Enjoy!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-21-2023 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-21-2023, 10:43 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now what?

In August 2022 I order the building of a basic script office. It’s finished in October, I hire two writers and have them work on a Sci-Fi film.

In Dec, with 87k, the Baggage Boy has finished making money! The one star Sci-Fi Script “Rockets Red Glare” is
finished and I have my writers start a Horror script. I order RRG to start getting ready for shooting. It requires 1 extra and one male lead. I assign them to Chris and Hannah.

January, 1923 -Rockets’ Red Glare starts shooting.

April – The Horror one star script called “Bloodstream” is done, I order a Romance one written and this to start shooting.

Bloodstream doesn’t have any extras so no more need to be hired. Director is Chris Keitnley and Actor is Shannon.

May – Bloodstream starts shooting and it uses the Horror set Musty Cellar exclusively

July – The Romance Script – I order my writers to write another Sci-Fi film. "Where’s Baby" finishes. It needs two crew, 1 extra, I hire two crew, and assign the lead to Jeff Brutus and the Director to Monika. I don’t have any extra unhired options for another Extra, so all I can do is wait until my film is done. It’s also in the Stage too.

Sept – Rockets’ Red Glare finishes shooting, and we release it.

Rockets’ Red Glare:

As you can see, Hannah and Chris are great for this genre and we had a solid go of it.

Ready for the film?

RRG:

Old 07-22-2023, 11:09 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct, 1923 – “Where’s Baby” is ready to shoot with their extra. The Sci-Fi script “The King of Mercury” is done. I order my writers to do an Action one to keep things fresh and we haven’t done one.

“The King of Mercury” doesn’t need an extra, I send out Chris Langlois and Hannah to make it.

Dec – “Bloodstream” our first Horror film finishes filming and is ready for release

Here’s the Movie, “Bloodstream”:

As you can see, this is a one star script, solid Genre performances from the Director and Star that are good in Horror and then an almost 1 star final result – good stuff to build our Horror name upon.

Here’s the finished film our 4th one:

Old 07-23-2023, 09:09 AM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec, 1923 - We finish preparing the Sci-Fi script “The King of Mercury” and start shooting. It’s all on the Bridge Sci-Fi set where nothing is shooting so they won’t get in each other’s way with our Romance film “Where’s Baby” on the Stage set.

Jan, 1924 – In 12 months the first Award Show will be held

The Action Script “Saber Rattlers on the Plain” is done and even though I don’t have any Action stars, I’ll start shooting since we can use the novelty of the genre since we haven’t released any of that genre. I have my writers start working on another Horror script. “Saber” does require an extra and that’s in our Sci-Fi film. Any new people I can make an Extra outta?

Extra – Edmund King - not great at Action and Sci-Fi

I also hand directorial duties to Chris K and lead to Shannon.

Feb – We unlock the Suburban 2 kit – this makes us better at Makeovers

Mar – “Saber Rattlers of the Plains” is finished prepping but it’s using the Stage Set where “Where’s Baby” is almost done. Later that month, it finishes and our Action script begins.

“Where’s Baby”, our 5th film and 2nd Romance is..

The Script is just below 1 star, and the final product isn’t what we need. This is what happens when it’s your 2nd film and continues to use the same set, in this case the Stage Set. Monika is great here, but Jeff could use some updating.

Here’s the film:

As you can see, the sets are being knocked for their overuse

Old 07-23-2023, 09:44 AM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mar, 1924 – I hand Jeff to practice on the Romance Set of the Saloon to get more practice.

We have hit the first slot on the path to becoming The Big Cheese – releasing 5 films

We are now the 4th ranked studio – we are now a 1 star studio.

I raise the salary of my two late hired Romance Stars Jeff and Monika by 1k each from 6k to 7k since they’ve made two films already

Apr – The Horror Script, “The Thought Borrowers” is done, next is another Romance one.

June – Our 2nd Sci-Fi Script and 6th film, “The King of Mercury” is finished filming and ready for release!

Here it is:

As you can see, this started as a one star script and it’s our first one star movie, with a great star turn with my two proficient peoples.

Ready for the look:

6th Movie Here:

As you can see in the reviews, this is a good Sci-Fi stuff and you can see how strong this was for my forks, and how much Chris added to the part.

Old 07-23-2023, 10:48 AM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 1924 – Since Hannah is my Sci-Fi Director, I give her some time practicing on the Bridge set to improve her skill set

July – Our first World Event in the timeline occurs – A World Air Flight finishes, Action movies get +1 bump. We have one in the pipelines, our only moving shooting right now.

The Script for the Romance “Ronaldo the Bigamist” is finished, next is a Sci-Fi script. I order the Romance Film prepared with my Romance duo of Jeff and Hannah and it has an extra too.

Aug – “Love Lasso” finished it’s run making us 106k, I Archive it. Since Chris Langlois is the 6th best star, I raise his salary from 7k to 9k annually and Hannah Berry to 8k from 7k.

Sep – “Ronaldo the Bigamist’ has finished rehearing and is read for filming. It uses the Stage Set o it’ll have to wait until “Sabers” finishes filming. We are now the 3rd highest rated studio

Oct – “Saber Rattlers of the Plains” has finished filming and is ready for release.

I release our first Action film, with no expertise, and then also in the post-Lindbergh world, so we’ll see how it does:

Here, a one star script, high genre demand, not on our new set which is the Wild West Outdoors that nothing has used yet. We just didn’t do well, but how will the box office strike?

Here’s our 7th and first Action film:

As you can see, there are some good things here. Shannon and Chris K are my Horror team if you’ll recall. This releases as the 23rd best movie, so not much cash there either.

Old 07-23-2023, 12:21 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct, 1924 - I cast the Horror film “The Thought Borrowers” which doesn’t need any extras with Shannon starring and Chris K directing.

I finish the “Wannabe Big Cheese” and can build a custom script office.

Here, see:

Next I need a 2 star star, movie and studio

I order the Custom Script Office built

Nov – I order the writers to write a new Romance after the Sci-Fi script “Germ” finishes. I hire a 3rd scriptwriter and a 2nd Janitor, I also have a Actor/Director option in the line named Georgia Perfrement who is very good at Comedy and Sci-Fi, should I hire her to do a Comedy film?

Dec – “The Thought Borrowers” has finished researching. It’s on the Outdoors Wild West set, our first time using it! I begin practicing the Sci-Fi script “Germ”. It has one extra and will star Chris Langlois and be directed by Hannah Barry

The Awards Ceremony happens, which gives awards to Highest Film, Studio and Star, none of which are ours. In 5 years, they’ll add Most Prestigious Studio Lot award.

Here’s a picture of the Awards:

Jan, 1925 – “Germ” finishes rehearsing, but it’s in the Stage Set where I am filing, so it won’t start for a while.

Feb - The Romance Film “Pretty Boy Tim” is done, next I order my writers to write a Horror film.

May – The Horror script “The Disfigured Dominic” is done, next I order my writers to write another Sci-Fi script.

Both the Horror film “The Thought Borrowers” and the Romance film “Ronaldo the Bigamist” finish shooting at the same time.

Here’s “The Thought Borrowers” our 8th film:

As you can see, this turned a one star script into a 1 star final rating, nice.

Here’s the movie!

As you can see, there are loads of fun things here to look at like the use of the Wild West Outdoor set in an action horror style, so I liked it.

Here’s our 9th film “Renaldo the Bigamist”

As you can see, our star Romance Duo are fine, but just not doing well together.

Here’s the film:

As you can see, there are some good things here, but we need to be using new Sets like the Romance set of the Saloon, which we never seem to use for our Romance films.

Old 07-23-2023, 02:55 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jun, 1925 – “Germ” begins shooting on the Stage Set. Some staff are tired, who aren’t? Monika and Jeff are ready for another Romance film. I begin rehearsing “Pretty Boy Tom”, and hand Monika and Jeff to it. It does have one extra. This will also use the Stage, so we cannot start filming until “Germ” is done. I edit the Horror Script “Disfigured Dominic” which starts in the Stage and finishes in the Saloon to all be in the Saloon

Jul – We unlock a Pack called the “Basic Facilities” one. It has in it a Bar to drink at, new deco items. I build the Bar. I Also built a Suburban Bathroom Set.

“Pretty Boy Tim” is ready for filming, but it’s on the Stage set.

Aug - The Bar is finished and I move my Horror team there to drink and relax and grow their relationship

Sept – We hit the 500k mark as a Studio in cash on hand! The Sci-Fi Script called “The Mechatrons Invade” is finished. It’s all in the Wild West Outdoors set. I send my writers to make a Romance script.

Finances I update these salaries:

Shannon – 7k to 9k
Dir. Chris K – 7k to 8k
Monika – 7k to 8k

Nov – The Romance script called “Physio Hotel” is done. It’s also four scenes in the Stage set. I order an Action one next.

Our good Comedy actress left the line, so I hire another extra called Dustin Green who is strong at Horror.

Dec – “Germ” finishes filming at the Stage, I release it!

Our Tenth Film:

As you can see, my Sci-Fi team of Hannah and Chris were up for the task and turned a one star script into a one star film with their stuff. This is our 3rd 1 star or better final talley.

Here’s the film!

What was your favorite of our first ten films? As you can see, Critics are a bit unhappy as to how many films Chris Langlois is doing.

Old 07-24-2023, 08:28 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec, 1925 – Chris Langlois is now the 5th ranked star! I up his salary to 12k from 9k and Hannah from 8k to 9k as she’s our 2nd best star now at 11th. I move Hannah and Chris to the Bar to relax since both are stressed. The Romance film “Pretty Boy Tim” is moving to the Stage to shoot! Next is the Horror film “Disfigured Dominic” with my dream Horror team of Shannon and Chris K with an extra. This is in the Saloon.

Jan, 1926 - We unlock the Wild West Pack which comes with a 16k costing Wild West Bank Set and I order it built. Our film “Rockets’ Red Glare” has finished and made us a powerful 97k so I archive it. The “Menu of Disaster” Action film is written. Next is a Horror film.

Feb – “Disfigured Dominic” is ready for shooting after finishing rehearsing, next is the Sci-Fi film “The Mechatrons Invade” in the Wild West Outdoors area. I cast Chris Langlois and director Hannah Barry. They do not need any Extras.

Mar – Another film is ready to be archived – “Bloodstream” Horror made us a strong 116k! It looks like the Action film “Menu of Disaster” is in the Stage for the whole run. My Bank Set is built – wanna see my current lot with the new Bar, and sets, on “M” mode?

Here you go! See how I still have all of my sets in the same area, and the Bar next door? I am still ranked at 3rd and just below a 2 star studio.

The Horror Script “Shadow in the Doorway” is finished. It’s set on the Stage set as well for four scenes. I order my writers to come up with another Sci-Fi script.

Apr – “The Mechatrons Invade” is ready for filming! I build around Stage Set for a short while to let me do two films on it, I can destroy it later for space.

Jun – I hire a 4th Builder and another Extra called Emma van Haaren who is not really good at anything

We finish filming the Romance film “Pretty Boy Tim” ready for it?

This is our 11th Film:

Aa you can see, one star script, filmed on the “Stage” and just under a 1 star final result. Not bad ready for the film?

As you can see, it was similar with some same scene as Romance film “Ronaldo the Bigamist”

Old 07-25-2023, 07:58 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jul, 1926 - We are now a 2 star Studio! I order my stars for this Romance film to relax in the Bar. The Sci-Fi script “The Emptyminders” is done, and it’s set on the Stage set too, I move it to the Bridge. I archive the film called “Where’s Baby” in the Romance genre that made us 86k in cash. I order my writers to write another Romance script.

Aug - I order my Romance duo of Jeff and Monika to start working on the film called “Physio Hotel”-it has one extra and is filming on the Stage. No one is on either. I archive a Sci-Fi film called “The King of Mercury” that made us 166k.

The Horror film “Disfigured Dominic” is done!

Ready for our 12th film?

That’s our Dirty Dozen, this Horror started at one star and finished at one star!

Ready for it?

As you can see, by being set in the Saloon which isn’t used much, it’s pretty strong as a Horror critically.

Old 07-26-2023, 11:23 AM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sept, 1926 – I hand Chris K and Shannon to the Bar to recover from stress until the next Horror film is ready. Shannon is ready to go for another film, but Chris is a bit stressed. “Physio Hotel” the Romance film is finished rehearsing and will start shooting! The Romance script “Chivalry Never Dies” is done writing, next is Comedy.

The Sci-Fi Film “The Mechatrons Invade” is finished filming in the Outdoors Wild West – ready for it?

Our 13th film!

As you can see the script was a little worse than one star but we turned it to a bit better than one star. This ties “The King of Mercury” with our highest rated film.

Ready for it? I got cha!

As you can see, Chris Langlois gained some Star power after this release. Chris is now the 4th highest Star.

Old 07-26-2023, 07:36 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct, 1926 – I send Chris Langlois and Hannah to drink some. I begin rehearsing the Horror film called “Shadow in the Doorway” with my Horror duo of Chris K and Shannon. It has no Extras.

I hire a new Extra named “Tilly Hallworth” who’s not that great in much of anything, maybe a hair in Action and Comedy. That gives me 5 Extras. Any Extras I want to move to Stars? Yes!

Jo Bury – Really good at Comedy and Romance. I give Jo a Makeover

Nov – The Comedy Script called “Play the Game” is finished. It’s on the Stage. Next I give my writers to write a new Horror film.

Dec – “Shadow in the Doorway” is done rehearsing, next is shooting. I begin to rehearse the Sci-Fi film “The Emptyminders” with Chris Langlois and Hannah. It’s set on the Bridge and has one extra. I archive “Saber Rattlers on the Plain” which made me 106k.

Jan, 1927 – We unlock a new pack called the “The War: Battlefield” pack which gives us that set and a bunch of new props, costumes, and backgrounds. I order the set built at a cost of 5k and it’s big!

Feb – The Horror script “The Vat” is finished. It’s set in the Rural: Musty Cellar set, so that should be good. Rehearsing on the “The Emptyminders” is done, and I start shooting. I order our writers to write a new Sci-Fi script.

We are now the 2nd ranked studio.

April – The Sci-Fi script called “Battlesun Arachnid” is done! It’s also set in the Starship Bridge set. Next is another Action script.

Jul – “Shadow on the Doorstep” finished filming! Wanna see?

This is our 14th film:

As you can see, we had great star power, good turns, and had a solid Horror film performance. It turns a one star script into a one star movie!