Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #101
Zinto
College Starter

Every Monday is terrible for me so once again I will have an hour at about 2:30 to make a decision ect. ect.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #102
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Lightbringer checking in
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:00 AM   #103
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

OK so looks like we potentially have vampires and lycanthropes in the game. Looks like the Goodies have a lot of powers and items and stuff along with the chance that a lynch won't kill them while the baddies have the ability to corrupt people and unknown other powers. So we probably are never going to know how many bad guys there are left at any stage. And it's going to be allround difficult to track.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:08 AM   #104
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Woh! That looks like a really short message on my mega-wide screen. Looked much meatier when I had it in the quick post window.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 AM   #105
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote MrBug

Two letters? Is that all you could spare us? You could at least have made it five with a "Hello". We'll be having none of your two-letters here thankyouverymuch.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:53 AM   #106
saldana
Pro Starter

chekcing in
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:05 AM   #107
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The biggest future plan of action I can think of is: On Day three, we should lynch one of a group of people who people are always saying are "good wolves".
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #108
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

and really...if you find out what your item does and it's a good thing and it will help the village....use it if it will help the village please. Otherwise it may be wasted, dropped or fall into wolves hands when you die.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #109
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh I shan't be around much at all for most of this game by the way. New open-plan office ftl. And evenings are pretty hectic already, as well.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #110
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

blech open office bites. hatehatehate
Old 10-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #111
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Your meeting has become fraught with the cloud of suspicion that hangs over each of you. You've had to be loners to survive the Red Death, and you do not know each other that well. It is very possible that one or more of you are bribed, enspelled, charmed, impostered, or many things worse. Far worse.

However, the message you received from your elder was clear when you got it this morning. There were not supposed to be twenty-four of you here. How many there were the message did not state, but fewer than that number were invited here to Cape Girardeau to plot against the Red Death's planned actions in the World Fair in Chicago later this summer.

With unknown enemies and unknown numbers, and a certainly that the Red Death will continue to subvert your allies, you need to root out and find the servants now, before it is nigh too late. You have your powers. You have your items. Do you have the wits it will take to survive?

Day One has begun. It ends Monday at 10:00 pm EST

"Well?" I say to the elder, "Why don't you tell us how many were supposed to be here and who you DID invite and everyone not on that list is a badguy. Am I right people? And if you won't tell us, elder, then you, yes you Rabbi Schlagel, are a wolf!"
Old 10-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #112
Thomkal
Head Coach

OOC: Not sure how much I will be around today-sprinkler system broke last week and that company is supposed to be showing up some time today to fix it, and then Friday we heard a loud bang somewhere near/in the house and could not figure out what it was...until we went in the garage and tried to open the garage door...and nothing happened. Seems the noise we heard was the big ass spring that makes the door open and close blow up big time. And the door would not open manually, so we were stuck here all weekend. So I will be either dealing with them today as well, going to the grocery store to do what we tried to do Friday...or sitting here crying over my emptier wallet after having to pay for two repairs.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #113
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So um...does that mean you're a wolf or what?
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #114
hoopsguy
General Manager

LOL, I just had to call for garage door repairs as well. Small world.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #115
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
"Well?" I say to the elder, "Why don't you tell us how many were supposed to be here and who you DID invite and everyone not on that list is a badguy. Am I right people? And if you won't tell us, elder, then you, yes you Rabbi Schlagel, are a wolf!"

Nice. This could be the shortest game of Werewolf ever.

"Oh sorry, here's the invite list, my mistake."
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #116
Autumn
Head Coach

Vote early, vote often. I said that a few times and so now if i don't vote early and vote often people think I'm a wolf.

So, for no particular reason,

vote J23
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #117
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote Danny

Yeah, I know he's a Raiders fan but that's close enough to San Francisco.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #118
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Now I will return the ledge that I need to be talked off of after yesterday....
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #119
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think my item is fairly worthless
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #120
MrBug708
Head Coach

Well, re-reading the directions, maybe it's not so bad
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #121
J23
College Benchwarmer

Checking in. Vanilla Villager and all that. Having a re-read of the rules now for good measure.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #122
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning all!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #123
The Jackal
Coordinator

VOTE DANNY
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #124
The Jackal
Coordinator

I tend to think my item is a red herring but you never know!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #125
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

CF wins

I guess seeing as we are putting on second votes now, for no particular reason other than I'd like to see him vocal early so we can get a better read than we usually do (the strong wolf argument)

vote dubb
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #126
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Not much new to see since I was here last night. Since I didn't play in the first one, I am not sure what it all means. Still sticking with my original vote, but may move it depending on how the race shapes up.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #127
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Vote Bhlloy

Only because of how close you placed the second second vote on someone. Open to changing it later.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #128
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Votes thus far from my tally.

Dubb - Thomkal(83), Bhlloy (125)
Ntndeacon - Dzilla77 (84)
Mauboy - Ntndeacon (88)
MrBug - Narcizo (105)
J23 - Autumn (116)
Danny - EagleFan (117), The Jackal (123)
Bhlloy - Commo Soldier (127)
Old 10-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #129
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sure, I'll go ahead and jump into the voting fray. Not with any in-game logic, but going with a "he survived and won last game, so may as well get him as random to start this ame" vote.

VOTE MAUBOY
Old 10-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #130
Thomkal
Head Coach

As in the first version of this game, I think odds are stacked against my fellow villagers due to corruption-both from the Servants and the chance that a couple of the roles can be corrupted by the use of their power. But we do get a couple of new roles (Tinkerer and Lifegiver) to help the village so probably better balanced than the first version.

So I think its important that if you get information that can be of use to the village, you reveal it sooner rather than later just in case you get corrupted before you reveal it. There are roles (and likely items) that can protect you if you do reveal so give them time to give you that protection.

People on the block should be ready to reveal if a roled Lightbringer (give us time to react to a reveal please) and should be ready to reveal item they started with/received/passed as the game goes on so we can try to track them and catch people in lies. We've lost the ability to pass items to a role this time around, so you should either know for sure the role of the person you send an item to, and/or feel pretty confident they are not a Servant.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #131
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
CF wins

I guess seeing as we are putting on second votes now, for no particular reason other than I'd like to see him vocal early so we can get a better read than we usually do (the strong wolf argument)

vote dubb

So let me get this straight, you are worried that I of all people could slip UTR? Have you ever played with me? We both know the answer to that as well as we both know the odds of me slipping through this UTR are the same as Saldana's first game post admitting he is really a she.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #132
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Ah, I see what you did

I've already copped to having the vanilla Lightbringer PM. But a re-read of the rules reminded me that everyone has an item. Probably not all as hardcore as the one I got (right, like I would be talking about it if it was something that sounded particularly cool) but everyone should be bringing some kind of lumber to the plate, so to speak, on Day 1.

Unless I miss my guess, we have received similar items.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #133
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I would loom strongly at those who put 2nd votes on Danny and I early.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #134
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

Loom=look
Old 10-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #135
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am a vanilla Lightbringer. Of course, who's gonna say otherwise. But for me, it's true.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #136
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hmm, too early. I tend to agree historically. That was once a trend. Now, though, it has been so over-mentioned in games that villagers have become desensitized to throwing out second votes. And wolves have been skittish about attracting the attention it brings.

I am not saying these second voters are good. But taking that bit of info alone and extrapolating it out to them being wolves will take a good bit of work.

Of course, it's Day One, so who knows a damn thing? You can get lynched on Day One for posting two letters in your initial post.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #137
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I tend to think my item is a red herring but you never know!

So it is like Communism.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #138
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

CR jumping in here and deflecting attention from Jackal and Bholly is interesting.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #139
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hmm, too early. I tend to agree historically. That was once a trend. Now, though, it has been so over-mentioned in games that villagers have become desensitized to throwing out second votes. And wolves have been skittish about attracting the attention it brings.

I am not saying these second voters are good. But taking that bit of info alone and extrapolating it out to them being wolves will take a good bit of work.

Of course, it's Day One, so who knows a damn thing? You can get lynched on Day One for posting two letters in your initial post.

we all know that a wolf never posts 4 letters in their initial post.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #140
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
CR jumping in here and deflecting attention from Jackal and Bholly is interesting.

eh. not yet. I assumed it was just being funny.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #141
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote TheJackal

no reason other than a quick 2nd vote on Danny...subject to change
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #142
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

checking in

Vote Danny
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #143
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Heh... now we have circles within circles. Ah, but if I am a wolf with my fellow wolf buddies The Jackal and bhlloy, you then presume I as a third (and presumeably unlikely to be more at the start of this ruleset) would willingly link myself with them right at the start.

That strike as something I would do, dubb?

Seriously, though, I would say my earlier observation was in the form of asking that we be cautious and not start to run away on anything on the basis of slim reason. Your suggestion is as good as any and as likely as producing a wolf, and we're not going to see anything but slim reasoning for any votes today. But I wanted to deflect so that we don't get caught running this down and don't have a proper discussion of other candidates as a result.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #144
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Actually, Chief Rum is the one person that I've started to put a smidge of trust upon at this stage in the game. I had put something out earlier in a post that he seems to have caught, and with him being the first to comment on it in-thread makes me give him some early marginal trust.

That said, I wouldn't want to see you or Danny end up as the Day 1 lynch options. I think my vote today, at least where it stands right now, supports that position.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #145
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
checking in

Vote Danny

Care to elaborate?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #146
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That said, I wouldn't want to see you or Danny end up as the Day 1 lynch options. I think my vote today, at least where it stands right now, supports that position.

Yeah, I agree here, too, I don't like seeing dubb on the block already. I'm not interested in putting out one of our best players early, even if he's a dangerous wolf.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #147
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Actually, Chief Rum is the one person that I've started to put a smidge of trust upon at this stage in the game. I had put something out earlier in a post that he seems to have caught, and with him being the first to comment on it in-thread makes me give him some early marginal trust.

I'm going to assume you hinted about your object. My only problem with that is the rules say the wolves have objects too.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #148
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

(when he's a wolf...not suggesting anything there about dubb's allegiance, of which I am not (yet) privy)

Old 10-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #149
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Come to think of it, I'm not too fond of Danny being voted out early either. Come on folks let's not put the All Star team out to pasture early now, right? I mean, there are 24 of us. I would think we could avouid lynching our best players on Day One.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #150
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I'm going to assume you hinted about your object. My only problem with that is the rules say the wolves have objects too.

Went to double-check that, as I didn't recall that being the case. But you are correct.

Quote:
There are many items in this game, and every player will begin with a random item, even Servants.

So pull back that smidge of trust for Chief, and I'm back to a net zero on everyone in the game.