Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #251
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Interesting, and I guess the medallion works for us.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #252
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
I think we should press Team Overcompensating.

Thoughts?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #253
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I think we should press Team Overcompensating.

Thoughts?

I generally agree. But let's wait and see if the Chatty Cathies make the first move.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #254
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
I agree completely as I don't trust that team.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #255
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Well, PB and I carried it out in the main thread, simultaneously. Pretty tense. I had a chance to back out and do something different, but I didn't. I mean, we're evil, but it really does help us more to take out Big Wang than to hit the Chatties. In the end, we have to do what helps us most, even if double crossing the CC's would have been more "evil".

Hope you guys agree.

No word yet from KWhit on what's going to happen to Big Wang. With a double hit on the button, I am hoping for another dose of paralysis and poisonous spiders.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #256
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Well done CR.

Glad that I wasn't around when it happened as I would have been oh so tempted to go after Killians after they pressed.

But that's just the evil me talking...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #257
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
I like it, good move CR.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #258
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
After pressing the button in the room, you decide you need to plow ahead. You rush into the hallway and continue on until you reach a large wooden door.

Opening it reveals a cavernous tunnel of rock. You venture in, but after a few steps and some twists and turns, it becomes very difficult to see. You press on, but it is slow going.

After a couple of minutes of walking, you see a faint light ahead. You rush on and come to a large open cave. The light is coming from a group of torches hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the room. The torches light the middle of the cavern, but not the sides. You can't tell if there is an exit, and if so, which direction it is in.

A pond sits in the middle of the cavern. It looks fairly deep.

You can make the following choices.

Search left.
Search right.
Search straight ahead.
Enter pond.

Also, let me know if you are doing this together as a group or splitting up. In other words, you could send one player into the pond while someone else searches left, etc.

Please give me fairly detailed instructions as to what you want to do and in what order, so if you search left and don't find anything, I know that you want to search right next (for example).

Try to get your action to me tonight by 9. I'd like to run this action then. If you can't, let me know.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #259
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Jeez, they got wimpy spiders out of that.

Loved the move though.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #260
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Going to be hading home shortly. I'll log in after I eat and post a few thoughts for this one.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #261
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Team 3: Bestiarii
EagleFan:
Mage
Level: 2
Max HP: 8
Current HP: 1
Bonus: Fame
Spells: Magic Missile, Mage Armor
Equipment:
90 GP
Staff
Rope

The Jackal:
Adventurer
Level: 3
Max HP: 33
Current HP: 21
Bonus: Constitution, +1 vs Good
Equipment:
Flask of Acid
0 GP
Longsword

Chief Rum:
Specialist
Level: 3
Max HP: 21
Current HP: 1
Bonus: Fame, CON
Equipment:
5 GP
Lockpicks +1
2 Daggers
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #262
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Think the pond could heal us? That'd be nice.

Don't know how much we should split up just because if either of you run into a monster you're screwed.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #263
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Any thoughts gentlemen?

I was thinking something along the lines of:

All enter the pond.

If nothing found there we search in the other directions.

With Chief and myself barely hanging on I think we should stick together.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #264
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
lol, posting the same time and kind of with the same thoughts.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #265
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Dinner just got done, will be back after dinner.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #266
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Hmm, I had been thinking we should go ahead and split to save time (EF and I are probably goners whether we stick together or not), but I hadn't considered the possibility of the pond being a healing pond. Of course, I was thinking the pond might be the home of a pond monster.

I am fine sticking together for now and going with the pond. Man, that room with the orcs really f'd us up, taking almost all of our healing potions and putting us at 1 HP. I am thinking, with a room like that, there needs to be more health stuff around here somewhere. I hope this is it.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #267
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
I'm going to add a second option to the request. We move forward after the pond to investigate, if we are still around and haven't moved on.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #268
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Yeah that sounds good EF, good catch.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #269
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Figured that way we don;t get stuck in the rom, basking in the pond. That doesn't seem too evil.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #270
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Wow, my typing sucks tonight...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 PM   #271
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Here's to hoping the pool/pond has some positive bonus for us...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #272
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Will probably be ghost pirahnas, watch your junk
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #273
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
You dive into the pond and search figuring there's gotta be something in there or it wouldn't be there! And you're right. It doesn't take very long since all three of you were looking, and you find a chest. Your Specialist does his thing, opens it and viola! You've got a magical item. This looks to be a golden ring with a red ruby at its center. You can tell it's magic, but that's all you know about it so far.

You all get out and search forward. You find nothing of note. Bah.

Then you look to the right and find a small wooden door.

You open it and proceed.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #274
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Good work, was hoping for some healing though.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #275
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA

Room 8:

This room is another arena-type room, but much smaller then the one in which the Crawl began. Fans in bleachers line the walls, screaming for and against you.

In the center of the room is an elf and a halfling. The elf smiles at you, and bows gently. "My name is Walter. This is my associate Platty. We've been hired to keep you from going through that door."

Walter points to the only other exit from the room. Somehow you have to get through them to move on. Walter carries a staff. Platty carries a long, jagged, glowing dagger.

"I am a sporting type (my associate isn't), so I will give you a moment to refresh yourselves before we begin."

You may cast spells, drink potions, or take some other preparatory action before battle. Let me know what (if anything) you want to do by Noon tomorrow, then the fun begins.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #276
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Team 3: Bestiarii
EagleFan:
Mage
Level: 2
Max HP: 8
Current HP: 1
Bonus: Fame
Spells: Magic Missile, Mage Armor
Equipment:
90 GP
Staff
Rope

The Jackal:
Adventurer
Level: 3
Max HP: 33
Current HP: 21
Bonus: Constitution, +1 vs Good
Equipment:
Flask of Acid
0 GP
Longsword

Chief Rum:
Specialist
Level: 3
Max HP: 21
Current HP: 1
Bonus: Fame, CON
Equipment:
5 GP
Lockpicks +1
2 Daggers
Unidentified Magic Ring
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #277
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
so i guess cast mage armor and i'll try and take both of them?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #278
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Was wondering if we can try some unorthdox approach. Such as attempting to tie them up with the rope. Or try the ring and see what it does. It specified that it was a magic ring, which might make sense if I try to wear it.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #279
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
thoughts?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #280
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
yes, that last post was a shameless attempt to raise post count in the thread.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #281
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
crap, so was that one...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:10 PM   #282
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
KWhit, can the ring be used prior to the deadline as an immediate action?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #283
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
It can be put on your finger at any time.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #284
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
yes, that last post was a shameless attempt to raise post count in the thread.

Poor form. You lose 20 Fame points.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #285
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Kidding.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #286
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Kidding.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #287
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
It can be put on your finger at any time.

Thank you
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #288
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
One of you should feel free to put it on
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #289
The Jackal
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Nothing much to lose at this point
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #290
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
I think I better put it on. We need The Jackal to fight, and if it's a bad thing, I have one more unconsciousness left than EF. EF should concentrate on his Mage Armor and stay out of the way tomorrow, throwing magic missle attacks or whatever attack magic it is that he has.

Speaking of which, can we specify that? Me and The Jackal in front, EF behind us, to limit attacks? Not that I am better off, but, hey, reasons already stated for why it would be bad for EF to buy it here.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #291
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Just a clarification: You can cast as many spells as you want during prep time - but you can't cast the same one 2x (unless you've selected it twice when leveling - make sense?).

However, each spell cast during prep time (or any time in between rooms) eats up time on the clock. Spells cast during combat eat one of your combat turns (and combat turns equal clock time as well).
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #292
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
KWhit, can we arrange ourselves to protect EagleFan? The Jackal mostly in front, with me either beside him or slightly behind him, and EF behind us both?
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #293
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
You can try.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #294
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
We're about to get blown up aren't we?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #295
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
We're about to get blown up aren't we?

Yes you are.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #296
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA

EF casts Mage Armor on himself
EF puts on the ring - this is a ring of Strength - improves melee attacks.
You arrange yourselves so that the Jackal is attacked first, then CR, then EF.

And then you attack.

------------------

Jackal hits the elf.

The elf and halfling both hit Jackal. And Jackal is hurt badly!

-------------------


EF misses. The Jackal throws his flask of acid and hits both of them!!

CR hits!

The elf hits Jackal. He's swaying on his feet.

----------------

Jackal hits.

CR hits 2x - one a CRIT!

And the elf is near death!

But not for long. He casts a heal spell.

And now you're REALLY worried.

-----------------
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #297
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Frickin' elf.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #298
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
I sure hope that magic ring isn't binding...or you know...unable to be removed from the dead.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #299
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
It isn't pretty.

Jackal gets another hit in.

And CR gets two more in.

But it isn't enough.

Walter deals a blow to Jackal, knocking him out.

Then Platty takes out Chief Rum in a single swipe.

Then there's EagleFan.

"But, I've already been knocked out twice! Please! Have mercy!" he says.

Walter, the elf, nods. "Yes. I will let you live."

He turns and walks out the door.

Whew.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #300
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Platty better freakin kill him then if Walter isn't.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.