Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Don't mess with Texas - TEW 13

Working for Vince McMahon had become a pain in the ass; he was egotistical, overbearing and ruthless. So the obvious choice would be to leave and work for someone who was a much kinder boss. Of course that didn’t go as plan and I wound up with Fritz Von Erich and World Class Championship Wrestling.

Position: Head booker
Starting Finances: $250,000

Owner Goals:
Critical: WCCW must not be below #4 in company rankings when goal expires – 2 years
High: Bill Irwin must reach B+ momentum – 1 year, 6 months
High: Jimmy Garvin must be kept above C+ momentum – 1 year, 6 months
High: Kerry Von Erich must be kept above C+ momentum – 1 year, 6 months
Average: Cannot hire or extend anyone who is known to have problems with the law (Talk to your kids much Fritz?) – 12 months

First order of business is to jettison those I don’t see contributing or are just dead weight, so I release Kamala and his manager Friday, Jose Lothario, Arman Hussein, David Manning, Black Gordman (how the hell was he an upper mid-carder) and Frank Dusek.

Next I need to replace them and get as many wrestlers under written contract as possible as coming from Connecticut I know Vince is about to start a free for all in his bid to swallow the territories. Fritz seems unthreatened and calls Vince a punk, but I know he is dangerous. My first two signings are minor undercard bodies as I bring in Spike Huber (written) and Terry Gibbs (PPA). I get offers of written extensions out to all wrestlers on the roster that will not violate any working agreements and start looking for some top of card guys. I would like at least 3 upper midcard faces and both a main event heel and face.

Our current schedule is as follows
TV – World Class Championship Wrestling – Every Friday
WCCW on tour – First and third Tuesday of each month
12 big monthly events, all on Sunday except our Labor Day event (Lone Star Wars). I also have a PPV in the can for May (Parade of Champions)

Current Roster (not starting any storylines until this is stabilized)

Main
Faces – David Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich
Heels – Bruiser Brody, Terry Gordy

Upper Midcard
Faces – Kerry Von Erich (Negotiating furiously for more)
Heels – Scott Irwin, Jimmy Garvin, Ron Bass, Michael Hayes

Midcard
Faces – Spike Huber, Brian Adias, Sweet Brown Sugar, Chris Adams
Heels – Buddy Roberts, King Kong Bundy, Bill Irwin, The Missing Link

Lower Midcard
Faces – Iceman King Parsons, Al Madril
Heels – One Man Gang, Bugsy McGraw, Jake Roberts

Openers
Faces – Terry Gibbs
Heels – Tony Charles, Johnny Mantell

Managers – Gary Hart, Skandor Akbar, Sunshine

Referees – James Beard, Bronco Lubich

Announcers – Biller Mercer, Marc Lowrance

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-26-2014 at 08:42 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
molson
General Manager

Nice!

Did someone make DOTT for TEW 13 or did you convert it?

I still delude myself into thinking I'm going to go back someday and finish up my TEW07 DOTT dynasty, (at least use the editor to kill of the Von Erichs and see what happens, or something).
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tuesday Week 1, January 1983
WCCW on Tour
Waco, Texas
Attendance: 10,000 (Sell out)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bruiser Brody defeated Iceman King Parsons in 7:49 by pinfall with a King Kong Knee Drop. (C+) The match is over, and Iceman King Parsons is still down. Bruiser Brody is celebrating, but stops when he sees his opponent still on the ground and attacks him again. (C+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jake Roberts defeated Brian Adias in 8:28 by pinfall.(D+)

The Fabulous Freebirds had an interview hyping their upcoming tag match with Kevin & Kerry Von Erich. (B-)

In an extremely short match, King Kong Bundy defeated Al Madril in 3:52 by pinfall with a Big Splash. King Kong Bundy wins the WCCW Television title. (D+)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Chris Adams defeated Ron Bass in 11:33 by submission. (D)

In the locker room, David Von Erich and Bruiser Brody come face to face. Von Erich takes exception to what Brody did to Parsons. The backstage area is suddenly flooded with numerous other wrestlers, and the two are pulled away before they can make contact by Chris Adams, Brian Adias, Sweet Brown Sugar, Bill Irwin, Scott Irwin and Ron Bass. (B+)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, The Fabulous Freebirds defeated Kevin & Kerry Von Erich in 15:55 when Terry Gordy defeated Kevin Von Erich by pinfall with a handful of tights. The Fabulous Freebirds make defense number 1 of their NWA American Tag Team titles. (C+) The Fabulous Freebirds have microphones, and proceed to taunt Kevin & Kerry Von Erich, welcoming them to Badstreet and offering to call them a cab so they make it home safely. The Von Erich's vow revenge (C+)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, David Von Erich defeated Jimmy Garvin in 18:21 by pinfall by with a flash roll up. During the match we also had Sunshine distract David Von Erich. David Von Erich makes defense number 16 of his NWA Texas Heavyweight title. (C-)

Final Grade: C (We lose popularity in 1 region)
I should have gone with the Freebirds/Von Erich tag in the main event, but David is the star of the company right now and I thought Garvin would provide a good match with him, lesson learned. Now I have to hope we get some new blood in before the next show so I can start to mold some storylines.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-24-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Nice!

Did someone make DOTT for TEW 13 or did you convert it?

I still delude myself into thinking I'm going to go back someday and finish up my TEW07 DOTT dynasty, (at least use the editor to kill of the Von Erichs and see what happens, or something).

Your diary is the inspiration for this one.

Alverus on the TEW boards had a DOTT mod War to Settle the score almost finished before he lost the data. I was able to get my hands on it while he had it released for testing. It is not finished, but solid enough to play, so I gave in to the nostalgia of the good old days
Old 01-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 1, January 1983
Television – World Class Championship Wrestling
San Antonio, Texas
Rating: 0.14

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jimmy Garvin defeated Sweet Brown Sugar in 9:06 by pinfall with a 911 after Sunshine interfered. During the match we also had Sunshine accidentally hit Garvin. (D) Jimmy Garvin and Sunshine have a big argument about Sunshine accidentally hitting him. Garvin rips Sunshine, who runs off crying. She turns a corner, where Chris Adams just "coincidentally" happens to be. He stops her and starts consoling her. (C-)

In an extremely short match, Bruiser Brody defeated Terry Gibbs in 5:04 by pinfall with a King Kong Knee Drop. Brody’s performance stood out (C-) With the match is over, and Terry Gibbs down. Bruiser Brody continues to beat him into the canvas. (C-)

David Von Erich again confronts Bruiser Brody after his assault on Gibbs. Brody says something that David Von Erich doesn't like, and they start arguing. After some heated words, David Von Erich challenges Brody to meet him in a match on next week’s show. Brody improvised well. (B-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, King Kong Bundy defeated Iceman King Parsons in 8:58 by pinfall with a handful of tights. King Kong Bundy makes defense number 1 of his WCCW Television title. (C)

The Fabulous Freebirds give an interview indicating their upcoming tag match with Kevin & Kerry Von Erich will end just like the last one and this time they will evict the Von Erich's from Badstreet once and for all. Hayes improvised beautifully. (B-)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Fabulous Freebirds in 16:16 when Michael Hayes was disqualified when Buddy Roberts ran in and attacked Kevin Von Erich. The Freebirds keep the NWA American Tag Team Titles. Hayes was a bit off is game. (B-)

Final Rating: C+ (We gain popularity in 8 regions and lose it in two)
Brody was a heat machine, coming off great in every segment he was involved in. I like Bundy as the TV champion, if handled correctly he could go over as a monster and of course you can never go wrong with a Von Erich / Freebird feud. Now I just need to get the roster filled out.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

Signings

I get the following wrestlers on board as either new signees or extensions and now have some of my key players protected.

New signings
Mr. Wrestling II - PPA $1280 per show, 3 years - Upper MC, Face
Jim Duggan - PPA $1190 per show, 3 years - Upper MC, Face
Jerry Brisco - PPA $1920 per show, 3 years - Upper MC, Face
Ricky Steamboat - PPA $2340 per show, 3 years - Main, Face

Extensions
David Von Erich - Written $7,600 per month, 3 years
Kerry Von Erich - Written $6,340 per month, 3 years
Kevin Von Erich - Written $6,300 per month, 3 years
Buddy Roberts - Written $4,030 per month, 3 years
Chris Adams - Written $3,970 per month, 3 years
Michael Hayes - Written $5,090 per month, 3 years
Jimmy Garvin - Written $5,230 per month, 3 years

All others either work for a company I have a working agreement with, or I don't care. The one big pearl left that I can't get under written contract is Terry Gordy, who does not want to be tied down. Coincidentally the WWF just made him an offer, dammit!

I come to an agreement with Tony Atlas, but after Steamboat comes on I have a change of heart and let him go as Steamboat is a much better worker.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 2, January 1983
TV – World Championship Wrestling
Knoxville, Tennessee
Attendance: 2,740
Rating: 0.58

Pre-Show

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Iceman King Parsons defeated Bugsy McGraw in 9:33 by pinfall with a Rumper Stumper. McGraw seemed off his game (D)

TV Show

The show comes on air and a video plays hyping Bruiser Brody vs. David Von Erich for the NWA Texas Heavyweight Title. (B-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Chris Adams defeated Jake Roberts in 9:13 by pinfall after a distraction from Sunshine, who had curiously wandered out to the ringside area to watch the match. (D+) Jimmy Garvin comes out and screams at Sunshine, wondering why she came out to watch Chris Adams, who listens intently from inside the ring. (D+) As Adams tries to diffuse the situation Garvin melts down and decks him with a chair as Sunshine looks on horrified (D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Ron Bass defeated Brian Adias in 6:48 by pinfall with a Piledriver after Gary Hart interfered, poking Adias in the eye allowing Bass to get the upper hand. Hart was good at ringside (D+)

David Von Erich is with Marc Lowrance, and says that he is very confident that he will get the win in his match against Bruiser Brody tonight, calling Brody a bully who will be dealt with Texas style. (B)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Mr. Wrestling II and Jerry Brisco defeated Tony Charles and Johnny Mantell in 8:21 when Mr. Wrestling II defeated Johnny Mantell by pinfall with a Knee Lift. The gimmicks of Wrestling II and Brisco go over well with the crowd. (D+)

Gary Hart, Bill Irwin, and Scott Irwin come down to the ring. They promptly go on a rant about these “new folks” in down and Hart makes it clear that his Texas Wrecking Crew, with the Irwin’s and Ron Bass will be rubbing some noses in what comes out of the wrong end of a Cow if they choose to hang around. (C)

In a match that had a fantastic crowd and great wrestling action, David Von Erich drew with Bruiser Brody in 15:51 following a double count out as both men brawled into the bleachers, completely disregarding any thought of doing anything but injuring each other. Von Erich keeps his NWA Texas strap. (C+)

Final Rating: C+ (Gained popularity in 8 regions and again lost it in two)
I feel good that we have some direction now and only wished I had initiated the Brody/David Von Erich feud in Texas. Really the grade is disappointing considering the crowd and action, plus Brody is pissed he didn’t go over. On the minds of all in attendance, does Sunshine have a thing for Adams? More great news as Stan Hansen signs a 3 year PPA deal worth $2750 per show. He will be a main event heel.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:39 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tuesday Week 3, January 1983
WCCW on Tour
Los Angeles, California
Attendance: 8,159

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Iceman King Parsons defeated The Missing Link in 7:58 by pinfall with a Jumping Clothesline. Link bangs his head on the timekeepers bell after the loss (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Bill Irwin and Scott Irwin defeated Brian Adias and Terry Gibbs in 10:57 when Bill Irwin defeated Terry Gibbs by pinfall with a Bicycle kick. Scott Irwin was off his game (D)

Main Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Sweet Brown Sugar defeated One Man Gang in 8:03 when One Man Gang was disqualified when Skandor Akbar ran in and attacked Sweet Brown Sugar with a fireball, leaving him screaming in pain in the ring. Akbar was good at ringside, and with a lighter (D+)

Kevin & Kerry Von Erich come to the ring and challenge The Fabulous Freebirds to another match for their tag belts, but not just any match…….Whoever is pinned must leave WCCW (D+) The Fabulous Freebirds come out and Hayes is not going for the stipulation. Terry Gordy grabs the microphone and yells that they accept the stipulation, leaving Hayes with his jaw on the floor. Hayes was brilliant, Kevin, not so much. (C-)

In an extremely short match, Bruiser Brody defeated Al Madril in 4:38 by pinfall with a Running Leg Drop. Brody continues to dominate everyone not named David Von Erich (D) Bruiser Brody then goes into his usual act, stomping a mud hole in Madril, until David Von Erich hits the ring and cleans house, screaming at Brody as the Wildman hits the bricks. (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jim Duggan comes out of the crowd and defeats Bugsy McGraw in 11:50 by stoppage when Bugsy McGraw could not continue. Jim Duggan wins the NWA Brass Knuckles title, Duggan came off well and his Patriot gimmick made a good impression. Plus, a title in his debut (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Ron Bass defeated Spike Huber in 9:09 by pinfall with a Piledriver after a distraction from Gary Hart, who made himself a pain in the ass the entire match, ensuring his man would win. (D-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Chris Adams defeated Jimmy Garvin in 13:49 by submission after Sunshine ‘accidentally’ sprayed Garvin in the eyes with hairspray. Sunshine did some good work at ringside, but was left quivering at the thought of what Garvin would do when he could see. (D+) Sunshine is trying to sooth Garvin, he hugs her, then throws her down and proceeds to strip her to her underwear, humiliating her in front of the entire crowd. (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Fabulous Freebirds in 17:41 when Kevin Von Erich defeated Terry Gordy by pinfall with a surprise roll up after Fritz Von Erich put the Iron claw on Gordy. During the match we also saw Buddy Roberts run in and attack Kerry Von Erich, taking the referee’s attention away from Fritz’ attack. Kevin & Kerry Von Erich win the NWA American Tag Team titles and Terry Gordy is gone from WCCW!! (C-)

Final Rating: D (The fans do not like angles on the WCCW on tour apparently, as they were annoyed it was not all matches. We lose popularity in the Southwest)
Well, from the result of the main event it is clear the worst case scenario has happened, as Terry Gordy informed me the day before that he was leaving for a written deal with the WWF. I was kind enough not to completely bury him, but now our Bird’s nest is down a pair of wings in our second most important storyline. I compliment David Von Erich and Brody in my speech and also give kudos to Sunshine.

I also get Sunshine to agree to a 1 year written deal at $1800 a month and sign jobbers Jim Lancaster ($1620 a month written) and Tracy Smothers ($480 exclusive PPA) both will be openers, Lancaster a face and Smothers a heel.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-24-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #9
PilotMan
Head Coach

YES!!!!!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:44 AM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 3, January 1983
TV – World Class Championship Wrestling
Tyler, Texas
Rating: 0.59 (up .01)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Jake Roberts defeated Spike Huber in 7:39 by submission, eventually choking him unconscious and almost being disqualified. (D)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jerry Brisco defeated Johnny Mantell in 6:16 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock, after a sound display of technical wrestling. (D+)

TV Show
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Mr. Wrestling II defeated Scott Irwin in 8:14 when Scott Irwin was disqualified when Bill Irwin ran in and attacked Mr. Wrestling II, who had Scott covered after a Million Dollar Knee. Gary Hart was good at ringside, Scott was off his game (D+)

Bill Mercer and Marc Lowrance inform the crowd that we'll be seeing Ricky Steamboat make an appearance tonight; it is received with a surprisingly lukewarm reaction. (D+)

Mr. Wrestling II is seen strolling along backstage, when he is jumped by Bill Irwin, Scott Irwin and Ron Bass, who are obviously not happy with his win over Scott. Seeing the assault, Jerry Brisco comes running out of his dressing room and fights all three of them off, saving Mr. Wrestling II from a serious beating. (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Ricky Steamboat defeated Tony Charles in 6:31 by pinfall with a Flying Karate Chop. Steamboat and Charles don’t click and only the Dragon’s skill saved a complete disaster (C-)

David Von Erich challenges Bruiser Brody to a match, and in order to get it he says that he'll put his title on the line in the match. But we are going to do this my way Brody, in a cage, no disqualification, one man walks away!! (B-)

Jimmy Garvin, with a subdued looking Sunshine at his side rips Chris Adams, calling him a home wrecker and accusing Adams of drugging Sunshine. I promise you will pay for trying to steal my girl Adams! You love only me right?!?! Sunshine meekly nods (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, King Kong Bundy defeated Sweet Brown Sugar in 8:28 by pinfall with a Big Splash after a distraction from Skandor Akbar. King Kong Bundy makes defense number 2 of his WCCW Television title, threatening to squash a poor old lady in the crowd after the match. (D+)

Bill Mercer is handed a note and makes a special announcement for the big January show Winter Wasteland. We will be seeing David Von Erich take on Bruiser Brody in a cage for the NWA Texas Title!! (B)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Kevin Von Erich defeated Buddy Roberts in 9:45 by pinfall with a Diving Crossbody following interference from Kerry Von Erich, who decked Roberts with a discuss punch as Michael Hayes stood on the ring apron arguing with referee Bronco Lubich. Kevin Von Erich makes defense number 1 of his NWA American Heavyweight title. Kevin and Buddy don’t click (C-)

Hayes and Roberts storm out from the back with a big suitcase of money as Bill Mercer is ending the show. Hayes says he is tired of the Von Erich’s, so he is putting up a bounty for anybody who can take out both of them permanently. First you cheat to drive our brother out of World Class, now you cheat Buddy out of the American Title belt, you may be too scared to walk down Badstreet, so I’ll bring Badstreet to you!! (C)

Final Rating: C (Increase in 8 regions in popularity, a loss in 2 again.)
I need to get the TV show clicking, it is fine we gain in most of the country, but I can’t keep losing ground in the mid south and southwest. I thought that Steamboat would get a bigger pop than he did. I have something planned for him with a name that should elevate him more down the road. The final big question is who, if anyone will Hayes get to replace Gordy? Stay tuned. Wrestling II suffered a Stinger and will be out for 6 days, meaning he will miss the Winter Wasteland show tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sunday Week 3, January 1983
Event – WCCW Winter Wasteland
Phoenix, Arizona
Attendance: 14,827

Pre-Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Sweet Brown Sugar defeated Bugsy McGraw in 10:04 by pinfall with a Piledriver, these two have great chemistry. (C-)

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Curt Hennig defeated Tony Charles in 7:57 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex, making a successful WCCW debut, Charles was off his game. (D)

Main Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jerry Brisco defeated Ron Bass in 8:45 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock, as Gary Hart was unable to influence the match for Bass. The Irwin brothers came after Brisco, but Jerry was able to escape. (C)

Fritz Von Erich comes out and announces a major new signing, introducing Tommy Rich. Tommy thanks Fritz and says “All the Von Erich’s have always been friends to me and you can count on me being there for y’all through thick and thin.” (B)

In an extremely short match, One Man Gang defeated Terry Gibbs in 4:42 by pinfall with a 747, Akbar, who was good at ringside celebrates the squash by insulting America. (D-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Iceman King Parsons defeated Tracy Smothers in 10:41 by pinfall with a Rumper Stumper, spoiling Smother’s debut. (D+)

Kevin Von Erich is walking casually backstage when Buddy Roberts appears with a cane and blasts him in the face. Von Erich immediately drops to the floor, blood everywhere, screaming about his eyes. A host of officials charge down, and he is stretchered out, apparently blinded, while Buddy Roberts slinks off with a look of satisfaction on his face. (D+)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jake Roberts defeated Chris Adams in 10:21 by pinfall after Sunshine, who appeared halfway through the match clocks Adams with her purse. (C-) After Roberts leaves Sunshine climbs into the ring crying and apologizes to Adams, saying she had to do it and she's sorry. She leaves a bewildered looking Adams sitting in the ring (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Jim Duggan defeated The Missing Link in 8:34 by stoppage knocking the Missing Link out with a well placed haymaker. Jim Duggan makes defense number 1 of his NWA Brass Knuckles title. (C-)

Michael Hayes appears, and says that he regrets what happened to Kevin Von Erich, and is sorry that he was clumsy enough to accidentally walk into the stick that Buddy was carrying. “But, and this is to you Kerry. You don’t have a partner now son and since your other brother is busy, why don’t you just bring those Tag Team belts down here and hand them over to their rightful owners, unless you would rather take both Buddy and I on?” There is no response so Hayes shrugs and leaves (B-)

In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, Ricky Steamboat defeated King Kong Bundy in 9:23 by pinfall with a surprise sunset flip as Bundy prepared to deliver an Avalanche. Bundy’s TV title was not at stake and these two don’t have good chemistry. (C)

Kerry Von Erich comes to the ring were Hayes and Roberts are standing and tells them the match will go on. Kerry motions to the back, and out comes Tommy Rich, already living up to his promise to have the Von Erich’s back. Hayes and Roberts are beside themselves! (B-) In a bout that featured great action and average heat, The Fabulous Freebirds defeated Kerry Von Erich and Tommy Rich in 15:31 when Tommy Rich nailed Kerry Von Erich in the face as Kerry tried to tag out, allowing Hayes to get the pin as the crowd went into shock. Kerry performed well, Roberts and Rich were a bit off their games. (C-) Michael Hayes, Tommy Rich and Buddy Roberts face the crowd, join hands and raise them over their heads. Hayes grabs the microphone and lets the crowd know, “When one Bird leaves the nest baby, there is always another egg waiting to hatch…..And Fritz Von Erich, you couldn’t put the ink on that contract for Tommy fast enough, so thank you for making the Freebirds whole again….you pathetic old fool!” (C+)

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and great heat from the audience, Bruiser Brody defeated David Von Erich in 19:17 by pinfall after using a foreign object, bringing the electrified crowd to a hushed silence as the entire Von Erich clan has fallen. Bruiser Brody wins the NWA Texas Heavyweight title. (B-)

Final Rating: C- (Thought the main event would pull that up to a solid C or C+, but the crowd disliked the non-wrestling segments and we lose popularity in this region)
So, in a bit of a gamble I make Tommy Rich the third Freebird replacing the departed Gordy and I hope it will keep the Badstreet storyline going. Time will tell if Rich can mesh, but with Garvin involved in his own storyline and the wrestler I wanted to bring in for the third bird haggling over the contract, Rich was the next best option IMO. Brody and David Von Erich are carrying WCCW up top right now and a couple of others need to pick it up. I praise David and Brody in my speech and point to Kerry as a good example. They all seemed pleased.

Then I get news that Chris Adams has been identified as a hard drug user, great! I tell him it’s his last chance and he will be fired if caught again. He promises to clean up, but I already know if he does last, Fritz will not let me renew him. This show also screwed a goal as I failed to keep Kerry above a C+ in momentum. The ironic thing is, I wanted him to take the cane shot instead of Kevin, which would not have hurt his momentum, but he refused.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 4, January 1983
Dallas, Texas
Rating: 0.58 (down .01)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Ron Bass defeated Terry Gibbs in 9:14 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Hart was good at ringside (D+)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Bugsy McGraw and Johnny Mantell defeated Sweet Brown Sugar and Iceman King Parsons in 10:36 when Bugsy McGraw defeated Iceman King Parsons by pinfall after pulling a loaded glove from his tights and decking Parsons. (D+)

Main Show
Gary Hart comes out and lets the crowd know that if they thought the Texas Wrecking Crew was a forced to be reckoned with before, they were about to get introduced to a whole new level of mayhem. With that, he introduces the stables newest member, Stan ‘The Lariat’ Hansen. Hart then informs Hanson that they have a ‘bonus’ to earn and they depart. (B-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Mr. Wrestling II defeated Jimmy Garvin in 8:31 by pinfall with a Knee Lift after Garvin notices Chris Adams is at ringside talking to Sunshine. Completely distracted he is easy prey for Wrestling II (C-) As Garvin regains his senses he sees Chris Adams leading Sunshine to the back. He gives chase through the back and outside, just in time to see Adams drive off with Sunshine in the car. (D+)

Michael Hayes is in the ring with his suitcase, and calls out Kerry Von Erich for a word. As soon Von Erich appears Hayes begins to apologize for Tommy Rich’s actions….Stops midway and tells Kerry that not only did he deserve that, but he deserves this as well. Stan Hansen and Ron Bass run up from behind and ambush Von Erich, leaving him lying motionless as Gary Hart cheers them on. Bass looked lost (B-) Hansen and Bass then make their way to the ring, where they collect the bounty promised by Michael Hayes for taking out a Von Erich. They depart with the suitcase as Hayes looks pleased with his investment. Hayes is money improvising (B-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Jake Roberts defeated Jim Lancaster in 6:10 by pinfall with ease, laughing maniacally over his prostate form after getting the 3 count. (D)

A furious Kevin Von Erich joins Mercer and Lowrance at the broadcast table and swears that he will get revenge on Stan Hansen first, then make Michael Hayes regret the day he ever crossed paths with the Von Erich’s. (C)

As Von Erich storms off Ricky Steamboat joins the announcers and challenges Bruiser Brody to a match for the Texas Title at the next WCCW on tour event, promising to end his reign of terror. (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jim Duggan defeated Bill Irwin in 14:39 by disqualification after his brother Scott interjected himself into the match as Gary Hart tried to distract the referee. Duggan was off his game (C) The Long Riders then go to town on Duggan and batter him around the ring, until Jerry Brisco comes running in and chases them both off. Harts crew is indeed causing havoc (C)

Final Rating: C (The usual popularity changes, increase in 8 and loss in 2)
This show marks a beginning of change that will see nearly all angles staged on TV and the twice monthly tours and monthly events dedicated to mostly wrestling as the fans have made it clear that is what they want to see. Harts stable has a lot of irons in the fire currently, but their focus will narrow in the coming weeks. Another goal fails as Jimmy Garvin is not kept above a C+, I need to focus on this stuff while fleshing out storylines, I can’t afford any more failures.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

WCCW Monthly Summary - February 1st, 1983

Cash: $595,651
Profit/Loss: $345,651
Size: Cult
Approval Rating: Abysmal
Prestige: C-
Momentum: B+

Current Roster
Main
Faces – Ricky Steamboat, Jim Duggan, Jerry Brisco
Heels – Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Tommy Rich

Upper Midcard
Faces – Kerry Von Erich, David Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, Mr. Wrestling II
Heels – Scott Irwin, Jimmy Garvin, Michael Hayes

Midcard
Faces – Spike Huber, Sweet Brown Sugar, Chris Adams, Curt Hennig
Heels – Buddy Roberts, King Kong Bundy, Bill Irwin, The Missing Link, Ron Bass,

Lower Midcard
Faces – Iceman King Parsons, Terry Gibbs, Brian Adias
Heels – Bugsy McGraw, Jake Roberts

Openers
Faces – Jim Lancaster
Heels – Tony Charles, One Man Gang, Johnny Mantell, Tracy Smothers

Road Agent – Ken Mantell
Authority – Fritz Von Erich

Storylines
Brody’s Bane C+
(Bruiser Brody, David Von Erich, Fritz Von Erich, Jake Roberts)

Don’t Steal my Sunshine C-
(Jimmy Garvin, Sunshine, Chris Adams)

Down on Badstreet (B-)
Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts, Tommy Rich, Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, David Von Erich)

Tread lightly in Texas (-)
(Gary Hart and The Texas Wrecking Crew, Ricky Steamboat, Jim Duggan)

Momentum - The top wrestlers with a momentum of B+ or better.
A: Bruiser Brody
B+: David Von Erich, Stan Hansen, Sunshine, Ricky Steamboat
B: Tommy Rich, Kevin Von Erich, Gary Hart

Sad that two of them are managers.

I ran our tour shows in our big areas to cushion the revenue to start expanding to the regions where we have lower popularity so I could absorb the losses. That starts in February.

Roster wise looking to add 2 face jobbers to give the heels two more wrestling to abuse on TV, apart from that I am happy with the roster as is. I also did a talent trade with MACW sending them David and Kevin Von Erich for 1 show (They used them in a battle royal) and I have the World Champ Ric Flair in my pocket for a 1 shot, which I will use on the February event. I also have a couple of surprises/insurance policies for down the road.

Surprisingly the addition of Tommy Rich to the Badstreet storyline gave it a nice bump and it is now our hottest angle, surpassing Brody/David Von Erich, which had held the honor. I also have high hopes for the angle involving Gary Hart's stable once it gets going.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-26-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tuesday Week 1, February 1983
WCCW on Tour
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Attendance: 3,533

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, One Man Gang defeated Jim Lancaster in 6:16 by pinfall with a 747. The crowd crapped on this completely, since they consider both jobbers. Akbar was good at ringside. (F)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Buddy Roberts defeated Spike Huber in 8:02 by submission after blatantly cheating by jamming a foreign object into Huber’s eye, allowing him to seize the advantage. (D-)

Main Show
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jerry Brisco defeated Ron Bass in 9:43 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. During the match we also had Gary Hart run in and attack Jerry Brisco, but Bronco Lubich then banished Hart to the back, taking away Bass’ advantage. (C) After the decision is announced Jerry Brisco is attacked by Bass and Stan Hansen. Jim Duggan comes running in swinging his flag pole and drives them off. (C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, King Kong Bundy defeated Iceman King Parsons in 9:18 by pinfall with a Big Splash, nearly caving his chest in. Bundy’s TV title was not at stake and Parson’s was off tonight. (D+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sweet Brown Sugar defeated Bugsy McGraw in 10:31 by disqualification, when McGraw failed to release a stranglehold, leaving Sugar unconscious. Great chemistry (D+)

Fritz Von Erich confronts Tommy Rich backstage, and berates him for betraying his family at Winter Wasteland. Rich gets angry and kicks the hell out of Fritz, leaving him bloodied and moaning on the hard cement floor. (B)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, The Long Riders defeated Brian Adias and Terry Gibbs in 8:32 when Scott Irwin defeated Terry Gibbs by pinfall by using a handful of tights. During the match Gary Hart was a pain in the ass as usual, distracting Adias and taking the referee’s attention off of persistent cheating by his team. Hart was good at ringside (D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Mr. Wrestling II defeated Jake Roberts in 10:01 by count out, when after taking the Million Dollar Knee to the chops, Roberts headed for higher ground. (D+)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Stan Hansen defeated Curt Hennig in 11:50 by pinfall with a Western Lariat, nearly taking his head off in the process, though Hennig was game throughout. (C+) as Hansen left the ring Kevin Von Erich confronted him over the bounty he collected from Hayes for trying to injure Kerry. Before it can get physical they are pulled apart by Jim Duggan, Ricky Steamboat, Kerry Von Erich, Bill Irwin, Scott Irwin and Ron Bass. Hansen lets Von Erich know he is welcome to a match anytime (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Freebirds in 15:30 when Kevin Von Erich defeated Michael Hayes by pinfall when Hayes turned his back to tag Tommy Rich. Unfortunately Rich was not there, having being yanked to the floor by Fritz Von Erich in retaliation for Rich’s attack on him earlier. Kevin & Kerry Von Erich take back the NWA American Tag Team titles. (C) Having gained a measure of revenge, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich go out into the crowd to celebrate with their people. (D+)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Bruiser Brody defeated Ricky Steamboat in 18:24 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage, after a grueling back and forth encounter that saw Steamboat get two near falls. Bruiser Brody makes defense number 1 of his NWA Texas Heavyweight title. (C)

Final Rating: C (Good enough to increase our popularity in the region)
The 90% balance of matches worked out much better and there was good action throughout. Brody is a pain in the ass to work with as I wanted a time limit draw but he pitched a fit. He is a locker room cancer, but he is hot right now, so I will have to deal with it until I have others to take his spot on top. The dirt sheets say the show was good overall, but some found it underwhelming.

Before the show veteran jobber Jim Lancaster had the locker room loose with his road stories. In my speech I praise Tommy Rich and compliment Hansen and Hennig on their match. Now the good news as Jake Roberts is identified as a hard drug user. He gets the same deal as Adams, one more time and you are done, but he doesn’t take it as well, storming out. Maybe time to end his mini-push. Wrestling II, Brisco and McGraw ask for some down time to heal.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:41 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 1, February 1983
TV Taping – World Class Championship Wrestling
Lincoln, Nebraska
Attendance: 2,708
Ratings: 0.58 on syndication 1 (no change) and 0.13 on local Mid-South (no change)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, The Long Riders defeated Larry Lane and Spike Huber in 9:36 when Scott Irwin defeated Larry Lane by pinfall with a Bicycle kick and without the help of Gary Hart, who was good at ringside. No chemistry with Lane and Huber as partners (D+)

Main Show
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, King Kong Bundy defeated Brian Adias in 8:20 by pinfall with a Big Splash. King Kong Bundy makes defense number 3 of his WCCW Television title as Skandor Akbar claimed Bundy would soon squash all of WCCW post match. (D)

Chris Adams voice fills the arena, but his nowhere in sight as he taunts Jimmy Garvin, telling him when he learns to be a ‘gentleman’ like himself, he may be worthy of having Sunshine back. (D) A furious Jimmy Garvin comes out and swears that he will destroy Chris Adams and he better see his property returned by next week’s show. (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jake Roberts defeated Joey Rossi in 5:57 by submission, another pairing that don’t click in the ring. (D-)

Jim Duggan comes to the ring and admonishes Stan Hansen for his skullduggery, threatening to shove his flag pole where the sun don’t shine if Hansen will meet him right here tonight in Lincoln. (C)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, David Von Erich defeated The Missing Link in 9:21 by submission with an Iron Claw to the delight of the Lincoln crowd, who showered the ‘Yellow Rose of Texas’ with applause. Akbar joined Link at ringside and did food work. (C) As David Von Erich celebrates outside the ring with his fans, Bruiser Brody runs in delivers a brutal kick to the face, dropping Von Erich in a heap. He then adds a few kicks for good measure and departs (B-)

Stan Hansen appears and tells Jim Duggan that he’ll have to wait in line for a piece of him, but if he is feeling rambunctious he will allow him to cut to the front and beat the tar out of him tonight. We have a main event! Hansen was great ad-libbing and Hart helped (B-)

Fritz Von Erich calls out The Fabulous Freebirds, who appear sans Tommy Rich. He says that he was going to mandate a six man tag to put them in line, but since Rich is too big a coward to come out, Hayes and Roberts can face all three of the Von Erich brothers in two weeks at the next WCCW tour stop by themselves. Hayes is incredulous! (C-)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Stan Hansen drew with Jim Duggan in 8:42 following a double disqualification when both wrestlers eschewed the rules, threw the referee to the floor and went at with chairs and anything else not nailed down. (C+)

Michael Hayes joins Mercer as the show ends and laughs off the threats of Fritz Von Erich and his punk kids, telling anyone who cares that on Badstreet 2 on 3 is a fair fight for him and Buddy. Hayes had the crowd in the palm of his hand (C+)

Final Rating: C+ (The usual up in 8, down in 2 split for popularity)
Beginning to wonder when the match ratings will equal the crowd reaction as the fans loved Duggan and Hansen, who has a full dance card right now with everyone pissed at him from Steamboat to the Von Erich’s, who luckily have their hands full with the Freebirds. I will be moving the taping of the TV show to Thursday as I have some conflicts with the Friday taping, will also look to expand it to another syndication network and in a 1,000 to 1 shot I put in a bid with TBS, but with Georgia Championship Wrestling already on the air I doubt they will even get back to me.

No sooner do I get back to the office, when I hear that TBS has indeed blocked negotiations, leaving me with a couple of other irons in the fire, but not as plum as that would have been. I also get word from Eddie Gilbert that he will be leaving WWF to sign a written deal with us for $2,870 a month. The bigger news is I also take one of Vince’s big guns and get a written deal, but I am keeping that under wraps for now.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 2, February 1983
Scottsdale, Arizona
Attendance: 6,085
Ratings: 0.55 on syndication 1 (down .03) and 0.12 on local Mid-South (down .01)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Curt Hennig and Spike Huber defeated Eddie Gilbert and Tracy Smothers in 9:38 when Curt Hennig defeated Tracy Smothers by pinfall with a Hennig Plex, Smothers and Gilbert have great chemistry, Gilbert’s gimmick goes over well. (D)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Ricky Steamboat defeated Bugsy McGraw in 11:50 by submission with a Double Chicken Wing, McGraw was off his game tonight, Steamboat signs autographs as we wait for the TV taping to start. (C-)

Main Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Mr. Wrestling II defeated Ron Bass in 9:06 by disqualification, when Bass got caught smacking Wrestling II with a horse shoe he obtained from Gary Hart, who was solid at ringside. (D+) With Wrestling II still semi-conscious Bill Irwin and Scott Irwin hit the ring and help Bass inflict more pain. (D-)

Stan Hansen is backstage and corners Fritz Von Erich. He screams that he is done getting the runaround and wants a damn title shot dagnabbit, telling Fritz that a match with his son Kevin for the NWA American Heavyweight Title would be perfect. Fritz Von Erich says he won’t be bullied into giving Hanson anything and storms off. (B-)

Chris Adams and Jimmy Garvin are caught face to face in the parking lot, with Garvin demanding to know where Sunshine is. Adams warns Garvin that he will never know, unless he agrees to meet him at Border Wars in a Dog Collar Match. If Garvin loses he has to let Sunshine go. Garvin agrees and let’s Adams know he will pay for interfering in his personal life. As Garvin leaves, the camera pans around behind a dumpster to show Sunshine hiding with a smile on her face. (D-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Iceman King Parsons defeated One Man Gang in 7:35 by pinfall vaulting up as Gang tried to hit the Avalanche and rolling him up with a sunset flip before Akbar can intervene. (D-)

Fritz Von Erich is seen sitting at a desk in the back, when Stan Hansen appears and again starts demanding a match with David. Fritz reiterates that he holds all the power, angering Hansen attacks him and body slams him onto the concrete. (C)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Tommy Rich defeated Terry Gibbs in 6:22 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Rich and Gibbs have great chemistry and Tommy came off looking good (C)

Kevin Von Erich is seen attending to his father and as the camera closes in tells Stan Hansen he'll face him at Border Wars and put his title up. Fritz tries to protest, but Kevin is insistent and warns Hansen to be careful what you wish for! (D+)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, David Von Erich defeated Jake Roberts in 18:26 by submission with an Iron Claw after botched interference by Bruiser Brody resulted in Roberts being dazed and walking right into the claw hold. (C+) Bruiser Brody is furious and attacks David for behind after the win, eventually driving him through a table. The show ends with Brody standing above the fallen David Von Erich screaming like a crazed animal. (C-)

Final Rating: C+ (gained popularity in 8 and it lost in 2….again!)
We are set to blow off the Garvin / Adams feud at the February Border Wars event as it is losing steam, but at last this strange relationship between the three of them will come to a head. No incidents after the show and we are getting Border Wars set up nicely. On the TV front our pitch KPTV is blocked by syndication I as they broadcast to the same area. Mid-South local TV nixes deals with a second syndication company and Telemundo because both would broadcast in their area. Cablevision also rejects an expanded PPV deal beyond our Parade of Champions show
Old 01-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #17
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tuesday Week 3, February 1983
WCCW on Tour
Norman, Oklahoma
Attendance: 11,528

Pre-Show
In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Jake Roberts defeated Larry Lane in 8:05 by submission, these two don’t click. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Spike Huber defeated Tracy Smothers in 7:39 by pinfall with a roll up as Smothers looked to climb the turnbuckle. (D)

Main Show
In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Curt Hennig defeated One Man Gang in 10:20 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex, somehow hoisting the big man up and over. Akbar was good at ringside (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, King Kong Bundy defeated Terry Gibbs in 6:55 by pinfall with a Big Splash leaving Gibbs breathless, Bundy’s TV title was not on the line. (D+)

Bill Irwin, Ron Bass, and Scott Irwin come down to the ring and talk about how their stable (The Texas Wrecking Crew) is going to make their presence known throughout the show. (C) Bass takes off and The Long Rider’s welcome their opponents. In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Long Riders defeated Sweet Brown Sugar and Iceman King Parsons in 9:26 when Bill Irwin defeated Iceman King Parsons by pinfall with a Bicycle kick after Gary Hart threw powder in his eyes. (C)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Ron Bass defeated Johnny Mantell in 7:45 by pinfall with a Piledriver with Gary Hart once again creating havoc throughout the match. (D+)

Tommy Rich has an interview and curses Fritz Von Erich for making Hayes and Roberts take on the Von Erich boys tonight without him, promising to deliver another country whipping to Fritz when he gets the chance. (B-)

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Mr. Wrestling II defeated Eddie Gilbert in 9:12 by pinfall with a Knee Lift, getting the final laugh after the cocky youngster mocked him the entire match. Wrestling II and Eddie has great chemistry. (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Jerry Brisco defeated Jimmy Garvin in 11:53 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock as Garvin looked lost without Sunshine and spent the entire match looking over his shoulder for Chris Adams. (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, David, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Fabulous Freebirds in 17:22 when Buddy Roberts was disqualified after Tommy Rich ran in and attacked David Von Erich from behind, with Bronco Lubich catching Wildfire in the act. The psychology drifted a bit, but still a solid co-main. (B)

Stan Hansen, Bill Irwin, and Scott Irwin attack Jim Duggan backstage as he makes his way to the ring for his NWA Texas Heavyweight Title match with Bruiser Brody and badly injure his leg. (C+)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Bruiser Brody defeated Jim Duggan in 19:31 by stoppage when Jim Duggan could not continue on his previously injured leg, despite a gallant effort. The finish saw James Beard take over as referee after Bronco Lubich was knocked out, saving Duggan from further damage as Brody hammered his injured leg with a chair. Bruiser Brody makes defense number 2 of his NWA Texas Heavyweight title. Lack of selling hurt the match (C) David Von Erich comes to the ring as Duggan is being helped to the back and challenges Bruiser Brody to a cage match at Border Wars at the end of the month. (B-)

Final Rating: C+ (We lost some popularity in the region)
Referee James Beard set a good tone backstage with his hilarious road stories before the show. My post show speech has me complimenting Rich and letting Hayes and Roberts know they were awesome tonight. Picked the wrong main event but I was sure the two big brawlers could bring it home better than the handicap tag match, which has re-energized the Freebird / Von Erich feud. I should have known better since neither Brody nor Duggan like to sell. Two more TV shows, then our February event Border Wars, which is shaping up as good show and will feature a pleasant surprise.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:26 PM   #18
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 3, February 1983
Fairbanks, Alaska
Attendance: 1,364
Ratings: Syndication 1 .45 (down .10, damn!) Local Mid-South is not in until after Border Wars

Pre-Show
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Jerry Brisco defeated Tracy Smothers in 9:47 by submission with a Spinning Toe Hold, leaving Smothers holding his ankle, Brisco was off his game tonight. (D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, The Long Riders defeated Terry Gibbs and Spike Huber in 9:13 when Bill Irwin defeated Terry Gibbs by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage as Gary Hart held his feet in place. Hart was good as always at ringside. (D)

Main Show
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Jimmy Garvin defeated Iceman King Parsons in 8:47 by pinfall with a 911. This was a horrible match and not the way to start the show, no chemistry. (E+) As Garvin turns to leave, the monitors show Sunshine and Chris Adams at a restaurant, Sunshine looks at the camera, smiles and puts her hand over the lens. Garvin is a mess! (D-)

Bruiser Brody appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down earlier in the week by David Von Erich, he'll face him in a match for the Texas belt at Border Wars, in a cage. Brody is a difficult prick, he insists on going unscripted, then struggles doing it. (C)

A furious Jim Duggan joins the announcers and swears that he will take Gary Hart’s stable apart man by man, brick by brick for costing him his match against Bruiser Brody at WCCW on tour. (C+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Jake Roberts defeated Brian Adias in 8:55 by pinfall using a rag with a strange substance on it to render Adias groggy. Adias off his game, guess a couple of guys have Jet lag (D+)

A video plays hyping Kevin Von Erich vs. Stan Hansen at Border Wars for the NWA American Title. (C-) Michael Hayes comes out and says that Kevin Von Erich has unfinished business with the Freebirds and needs to worry about that more than Stan Hansen. Kevin comes out and it quickly gets physical, with David Von Erich, Kerry Von Erich, Buddy Roberts and Tommy Rich joining the fray as a wild 6 man brawl erupts, spilling out all around ringside. Eventually a number of officials and other wrestlers have to hit the ring and pull them all apart. (D)

In an extremely short match, Stan Hansen squashed Jim Lancaster in 4:11 by pinfall with a Western Lariat after basically abusing him for 4 minutes. Hansen looked good, spitting on ringsiders as he left. (D+)

A video is shown of NWA World Champion Ric Flair, with Fritz Von Erich announcing a lottery will be held prior to Border Wars to select a contender to face the Champion. (C+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Mr. Wrestling II defeated King Kong Bundy in 18:14 by pinfall with a Knee Lift after Bundy delivered an early beat down. Mr. Wrestling II wins the WCCW Television title. Bundy and Wrestling II have good chemistry. (D+)

Overall Rating: C- (As usual, gained popularity in 8 regions and lost it in 2)
One of our poorest shows, which is not good with Border Wars this weekend and Ric Flair making a stop to defend the World Title. It is costing me an arm and a leg to bring him in for this shot and I hope he delivers against whoever is selected to face him. Brisco is killing me, one of the better technical guys around and he has no momentum, just isn’t getting over with our audience. The two main storylines (Brody’s Bane and Down on Badstreet) both took a hit because of this show and the storyline with Gary Hart’s Texas Wrecking Crew is our hottest at a C+

Fast forward 2 days and now the news really gets bad. The day of Border Wars I get word that Ric Flair has a stomach infection and will be out 3 days, so now I have no World Title Match!! Are you fricking kidding me, the day of the show??? I do have a plan B fortunately, though it changes some future ideas around. At least I still have a fairly strong card lined up.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:18 PM   #19
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sunday Week 3, February 1983
Event – WCCW Border Wars
Springfield, Missouri
Attendance: 10,427

Pre-Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jim Duggan won a battle royal in 18:55. The other members of the 'final four' were Jake Roberts, King Kong Bundy and The Missing Link, with Jake Roberts being the final elimination. King Kong Bundy got the most eliminations over the course of the match. A nice little treat in advance of the show that went over well. (B-)

Main Show
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jimmy Garvin defeated Chris Adams in 11:21 by pinfall with a 911 in a Dog Collar match, which saw Sunshine in Adams corner throughout. But as Adam’s set up for a superkick she turned, spraying hairspray in his eyes and jumping into Garvin’s arms after the pin, as they left the ring laughing. Sunshine was good at ringside (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Sweet Brown Sugar defeated Bugsy McGraw in 8:55 by pinfall with a school boy roll up as McGraw bickered with the referee. Took advantage of their chemistry for this filler match. (C-)

The lottery is held to see who faces NWA World Champion Ric Flair tonight and Ricky Steamboat is drawn as the opponent. Steamboat comes to the ring, thanks Fritz Von Erich and promises the fans his best. (C+)

In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, Tommy Rich defeated Curt Hennig in 7:39 by pinfall with a handful of tights after stuffing a Hennig Plex with a blow to the throat and a quick small package. (C+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Mr. Wrestling II and Jerry Brisco defeated The Long Riders in 10:43 when Bill Irwin was disqualified while fighting Jerry Brisco for attempting to hang him over the side of the ring with a bull rope. During the match we also had Gary Hart distract Mr. Wrestling II, which allowed the Irwin’s to double team Brisco. (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Kerry Von Erich defeated Buddy Roberts in 12:12 by submission with an Iron Claw. Roberts motioned desperately to the back, but someone had blocked Hayes and Richs dressing room door with a chair and they were too late (C+) Hayes and Rich finally arrive as Von Erich is celebrating and tear into him with a fury. Roberts joins the attack and they administer a boot massage to Kerry’s back. (C+)

It goes dark, smoke fills the entrance area and Ric Flair’s entrance music plays. As the lights come up and the smoke clears Bill Mercer sums it up best. “That’s not Ric Flair!!” Greg Valentine makes his way to the ring and informs the crowd that Ricky Steamboat can’t just waltz into a match with the world champion. He has to earn his shot and to do so, Steamboat will first have to beat him! (C) Steamboat comes running down the aisle and it is on. In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Ricky Steamboat drew with Greg Valentine in 20:00 when the time limit expired, as both men kicked out of pin attempts in the final minute of action in what was an even back and forth match. Unfortunately, Steamboat does not beat him. (C)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Stan Hansen defeated Kevin Von Erich in 16:03 by pinfall with a Western Lariat following interference from Ron Bass. In a wild match that also had Fritz Von Erich run in and slap the Iron Claw on Hansen. Bass took advantage to clock Von Erich as Bronco Lubich pulled Fritz off of Hansen. Stan Hansen wins the NWA American Heavyweight title. (B-)

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and great heat from the audience, Bruiser Brody defeated David Von Erich in 21:34 when Bruiser Brody escaped the cage. David Von Erich had successfully left the cage earlier over the top, but referee James Beard was unconscious Von Erich whipped Brody into him. As Von Erich returned to wake Beard up Brody rolled through the open cage door to steal the win. Bruiser Brody makes defense number 3 of his NWA Texas Heavyweight title. (B-)

Final Rating: B- (We still lose popularity in the mid-south, WTF?)
Not going to lose sleep over a tick down in popularity as it is the best show of my tenure and progressed perfectly to a great buildup at the end. The dirt sheets are saying the feedback was great the show drew a lot of praise. The best part is I can now milk Flair’s one shot loan appearance for another month and build to a World Title shot for someone at the March event ‘Ides of March’.

In my speech I praise Hansen, Brody and David Von Erich for great performances and Brody is so pleased he signs a 6 month extension to his PPA deal for $3,230 a shot. (He has 34 days left) Jobber Tony Charles is irritated he was left off the Border Wars card, OK, since everyone wanted to see you Tony.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:41 PM   #20
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 4, February 1983
Long Beach, California
Attendance: 5,000 (Sell out)
Ratings: Syndication I 0.46 (up .01) and Mid-South local .10 (no change)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Jake Roberts defeated Terry Gibbs in 10:04 by pinfall after a vicious DDT. (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Curt Hennig and Spike Huber defeated Tony Charles and Tracy Smothers in 11:49 when Spike Huber defeated Tony Charles by pinfall with a Piledriver to get a rare win. Could a push for Spike be coming???....No (D)

Main Show
Stan Hansen, Gary Hart, Bill Irwin and Scott Irwin are backstage with Bill Mercer as the show starts. Hansen recaps his great victory over Kevin Von Erich as tobacco juice runs down his chin, while the Long Riders clamor for a shot at the tag belts. Bill Irwin had trouble with Hansen going off script (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jimmy Garvin defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 9:14 when Mr. Wrestling II was disqualified when Chris Adams ran in and attacked Jimmy Garvin, who was getting the worst of it anyway. Wrestling II retains his belt, Sunshine was good at ringside (D-) With Garvin down, Adams stares at Sunshine, who slaps his face. Adams reaches into the crowd, grabs two beers from a couple at ringside and dumps over Sunshine’s head, leaving her humiliated in front of the entire crowd. (D+)

Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts and Tommy Rich come out and brag that they are now at full strength and will be once again wearing the vacated six man Tag Belts after they beat the Von Erich’s tonight as Hayes produces a paper he says entitles them to a shot within 30 days of the belts being vacated (which occurred when Gordy left) and there is nothing Fritz can do about it. (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Eddie Gilbert defeated Joey Rossi in 8:23 by pinfall with a Fireball to the face after a ref bump knocked Lubich to the arena floor. Not a good match (E+)

A video plays and Ric Flair addresses the situation at Border Wars, saying he was glad he did waste the fuel in his private jet to go to Missouri to face Steamboat, since he obviously is not worthy of being in the ring with the Nature Boy, Woooooo!! (C) Ricky Steamboat comes to the ring and calls Ric Flair a coward and telling him he will find a way to hold him to his word if he has to beat every wrestler in world class. (C-) Steamboat is heading back the locker room when Greg Valentine comes out of nowhere and proceeds to bodyslam Steamboat right off the ramp and onto the concrete floor. As Valentine looks on smiling, Ricky Steamboat is stretchered out complaining his back is hurt. (D)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts and Tommy Rich) defeated David, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich in 18:52 when Tommy Rich defeated David Von Erich by pinfall with a Piledriver following interference from Bruiser Brody, who caught David flush to the chin with a big boot. The Freebirds win the WCCW World Six-Man Tag Team titles. Rich was solid, but Roberts was a bit off his game. (C)

Overall Rating: C- (The usual popularity swings)
A bit of a letdown after a solid Border Wars card and I made a mistake putting Gilbert on TV as he is clearly not ready, though nobody else really tore the house down either. Guess I need to have Jim Duggan winning Battle Royals before every show. Bugsy keeps it light backstage with stories, while Tracy Smothers draws cartoons for the boys. There is also a fight between Buddy Roberts and a yet to debut talent who was visiting. I suspend the unnamed offender, who started the fight, for 28 days.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:04 AM   #21
Grover
Pro Starter

Really enjoying this. I wish I had the love for professional wrestling that I used to have. But I love seeing all these legends and guys I played around with in the Fire Pro video game series ages ago.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #22
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Really enjoying this. I wish I had the love for professional wrestling that I used to have. But I love seeing all these legends and guys I played around with in the Fire Pro video game series ages ago.

Thank you and I agree, nothing quite like the characters from the territory days.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #23
BYU 14
Coordinator

WCCW Monthly Summary - March 1st, 1983

Cash: $630,979
Profit/Loss: $35,628
Momentum: B

Current Roster
Main
Faces – Ricky Steamboat, Jim Duggan, Jerry Brisco (unannounced suspended guy)
Heels – Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Tommy Rich, Greg Valentine (Have Ric Flair for 1 appearance)

Upper Midcard

Midcard

Lower Midcard
Heels – Bugsy McGraw, Jake Roberts, Eddie Gilbert

Openers
Faces – Jim Lancaster, Joey Rossi, Larry Lane

Road Agent – Ken Mantell

A little top heavy, but Flair really doesn’t count and since a big player is on the shelf for being a hot head we technically only have 7 main eventers, but when the suspended wrestler returns someone will have to go.

Storylines
Brody’s Bane: C (Had peaked at a B earlier, this one fluctuates a lot)
(Bruiser Brody, David Von Erich, Fritz Von Erich, Jake Roberts)

Don’t Steal my Sunshine: D+ (Will wrap up in early March)

Down on Badstreet: C
Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts, Tommy Rich, Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, David Von Erich)

Tread lightly in Texas: C
(Gary Hart and The Texas Wrecking Crew, Ricky Steamboat, Jim Duggan)

Momentum - The top wrestlers with a momentum of B or better. (Had 8 last month)
A: Nobody
B+: Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Sunshine
B: David Von Erich, Gary Hart

Have 7 at B-, so not as bad as this looks

I really need to get a hot storyline going as the Brody/David Von Erich feud is all over the place in terms of heat. I will be doing some transitioning be the end of March and will be having David focus more on the Freebird angle with his brothers, while Brody will remain a focal point. As mentioned I will be blowing off the Adams/Garvin Feud soon, it has gone 2 months and we have gotten all we will get from it.

I wish I hadn't suspended the wrestler I did for fighting with Roberts, he was going to debut on TV next week and would have allowed me to trim the top of the roster as well as bring him right into what could be a solid feud. Oh well, it can wait. We are still making money, even after venturing to some place where the gate didn't cover the show costs, so that is positive.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #24
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tuesday Week 1, March 1983
WCCW on Tour
Minot, North Dakota
Attendance: 3,136

Pre-Show
It went over big at Border Wars, and gives our young guys some rub, so. In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Jake Roberts won a 10 man battle royal in 17:47. The other members of the 'final four' were Iceman King Parsons, Brian Adias and King Kong Bundy, with Iceman King Parsons being the final elimination. King Kong Bundy got the most eliminations over the course of the match. Bugsy McGraw was off. (C)

Main Show
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Mr. Wrestling II defeated Ron Bass in 8:59 when Ron Bass was disqualified both Bill Irwin and Scott Irwin ran in and attacked Mr. Wrestling II. The Texas Wrecking Crew is just that. Will they ever have a clean match? Wrestling II. Mr. Wrestling II makes defense number 1 of his WCCW Television title. (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Sweet Brown Sugar defeated Tracy Smothers in 8:11 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D+)

Stan Hansen and Greg Valentine are backstage, discussing something which cannot be overheard, but it appears Ricky Steamboat comes up in the conversation, who coincidentally is facing Valentine tonight, looking to get a win so he can face Flair. (B)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Curt Hennig defeated Eddie Gilbert in 9:01 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. A decent match, despite both being off their game. (C+)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Jim Duggan defeated Scott Irwin in 12:22 by pinfall with a Running Clothesline Tackle following botched interference by Bill Irwin, who grabbed the brass knuckles, after they were dropped and accidentally clocked his stable mate. Jim Duggan makes defense number 2 of his NWA Brass Knuckles title. Poor match placement here. (D+)

Kerry Von Erich, David Von Erich and Kevin Von Erich had an interview hyping their upcoming six person tag team title match with The Freebirds, with the general message, be careful what you ask for. (C)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Greg Valentine defeated Ricky Steamboat in 14:40 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock after interference from Stan Hansen who knocked Steamboats hands off the ropes as he attempted to break the hold. It is now clear what Valentine wanted with Stan. (C)

In a match that had a fantastic crowd and great wrestling action, Bruiser Brody defeated Jerry Brisco in 16:29 by pinfall by after carving Brisco up with a foreign object, then jabbing it into his throat. Bruiser Brody makes defense number 4 of his NWA Texas Heavyweight title. (C) Never satisfied, Brody pulls a ladder out from under the ring, and slides it in, then uses it to batter Jerry Brisco even more, focusing on Brisco’s knee. Jerry needs to be carried to the back afterwards. (B-)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, David Von Erich and Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts, Michael Hayes and Tommy Rich) in an elimination match in 21:52; Michael Hayes was eliminated first, then Tommy Rich, then Kevin Von Erich, and finally Buddy Roberts. The title are held up however as James Beard comes out and tells Bronco Lubich that Buddy Roberts got his foot over the rope. It is announced to the crowd that this will be addressed on Television this week. (C)

Final Rating: C (We increase our popularity in the Midwest)
I need more from the Freebirds, so I encourage all three in my speech and it seems to go over well and the ending of the main event keeps things even between the two factions and more importantly unresolved. Brody always produces when he is hurting people and I am happy we got a boost in an area where we already had decent popularity.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #25
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 1, March 1983
Athens, Georgia
Attendance: 2,548
Ratings: 0.54 on syndicated I (up .08, yay) and .10 on local Mid-South (no change)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Jimmy Garvin defeated Brian Adias in 9:47 by pinfall with a 911. Sunshine was good at ringside and no Chris Adams in sight (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Iceman King Parsons and Sweet Brown Sugar defeated The Missing Link and Johnny Mantell in 10:23 when Sweet Brown Sugar defeated Johnny Mantell by pinfall with a Piledriver. Akbar good at Ringside (D+)

Main Show
In a match that had a fantastic crowd and great wrestling action, Ricky Steamboat defeated Jake Roberts in 9:55 by pinfall with a Flying Karate Chop after slipping out of a DDT. Great start to the show and now we have to keep the crowd. (B-) Steamboat is standing with his arms raised victory when new friends Hansen and Valentine run in and attack, beating Steamboat to a pulp as the crowd grows hostile. (B-)

The camera pans backstage and catches Bruiser Brody as he completes a massive amount of push-ups, showing off his incredible physical strength as nervous stagehands look on, hoping he doesn’t snap. He finishes and gets up, walking off foaming at the mouth (B-)

Jimmy Garvin appears with Sunshine and makes it clear he is not done with Chris Adams after he humiliated Sunshine, who pipes in with a few words of her own. Garvin says he wants a match to ‘finish’ it in a no DQ match at Ides of March. (C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated Eddie Gilbert and Bugsy McGraw in 8:51 when Kerry Von Erich defeated Eddie Gilbert by submission with an Iron Claw. (C-)

Next up a video plays showing The Von Erich’s vs. The Freebirds six man match that ended under controversial circumstances at the tour event. (C) Fritz Von Erich comes to the staging area and indicates that the match should have continued, so the six man belts will be held up and contested at Ides of March, with Fritz himself acting as special referee. Hayes immediately comes running out and protests, screaming there is a conspiracy against Freebird Fantasia. “You mean to tell me that of the 7 men that will be in the ring, four of them will be named Von Erich?? Well gee, I wonder how that’s gonna go, I swear you had so many damn kids just to make my life miserable! You’ll be hearing from my lawyers!!!” Fritz only smiles. (C)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Greg Valentine defeated Curt Hennig in 8:21 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock after blatantly cheating be grabbing the ropes for extra leverage on the hold as Hennig tried desperately to escape. (C) Greg Valentine grabs a microphone after the match and asks Steamboat why he didn’t tip him and Hansen for the ‘massage’ they gave him earlier, mockingly expressing hurt feelings. Ricky Steamboat runs out, but Valentine is long gone. (C-)

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Jim Duggan defeated Ron Bass in 13:41 by pinfall with a Running Clothesline Tackle, augmented by taping the matches prize object, Brass Knuckles to his forearm. Jim Duggan makes defense number 3 of his NWA Brass Knuckles title. Hart good at ringside, Bass off his game (C)

Overall Rating: C+ (Popularity up in 8, down in 2 as always)
Not a bad show overall in my opinion as it started strong and at least stayed solid throughout, setting up two big matches for the March event ‘Ides of March’ with an appearance by Ric Flair still pending. Fritz seems to be turning into a ‘sports Dad’ in his attempt to protect his boys legacy from the Freebirds. It will be interesting to see if Hayes has a counter for what will be in a match that does not seem to weigh heavily in the Birds favor.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 02-05-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:15 PM   #26
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 2, March 1983
Dallas, Texas
Ratings: 0.55 on syndicated I (up .01) and .11 on local Mid-South (up .01)

Pre-Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Chris Adams defeated Tracy Smothers in 11:22 by submission, pulling the Von Erich’s own claw out for the win. (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Eddie Gilbert defeated Brian Adias in 8:08 by pinfall with a fast roll up as Adias attempts a back drop, holding tights to secure the pin. (D+)

Main Show
In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Kerry Von Erich defeated King Kong Bundy in 9:21 by submission with an Iron Claw, bringing the big man to his knees. (C) Tommy Rich watches form the announcing area, then grabs a microphone from Lowrance and goes off on the Von Erich clan, making sure everyone knows the Freebirds will topple their empire, Rich improvised well. (B) Kerry Von Erich gets in Rich’s face and they go back and forth nose to nose, but before blows are exchanged they are pulled away David Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, Fritz Von Erich, Buddy Roberts, Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin. Fritz scolds Kerry for losing control (B)

Mr. Wrestling II comes to the ring and challenges Bruiser Brody to a match, chastising the big man for his tactics and promising to teach him a lesson in manners at the next WCCW on Tour event. (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Long Riders defeated Curt Hennig and Larry Lane in 9:21 when Bill Irwin defeated Larry Lane by pinfall after smacking him with a cowbell, courtesy of Gary Hart. (C-)

Greg Valentine comes to the ring, but before he can utter a word he spots Ricky Steamboat come sprinting out from the locker room. Valentine heads for higher ground before Steamboat can get to him. (D+) Ricky Steamboat grabs a microphone and berates Valentine as a coward who can’t fight his own battles. (C) As Steamboat goes on about Valentine, Stan Hansen comes up from behind and lays Steamboat out. Jim Duggan comes out from the back, hits the ring, and sends Hanson over the top rope, saving Steamboat. (B)

Jim Duggan and Stan Hansen go back and forth as Steamboat is helped to the locker room. Duggan says something comparing Hanson’s mother to a Cow and Hansen climbs into the ring, the bell rings and we have an impromptu match. (B-) In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Jim Duggan drew with Stan Hansen in 17:49 following a double count out as they brawl into the crowd, down the aisle and out into the parking lot to end the show. (B)

Final Rating: B- (Our popularity in 9 regions goes up and we hold serve in Mid-South, nice!)
Probably our best TV show to date, Stan Hanson was easily the MVP tonight and stole the show with his performance. Jim Duggan is proving a valuable commodity as well, but Greg Valentine has been a huge disappointment to date. I need to get some heat behind him!

Last edited by BYU 14 : 02-05-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #27
Grover
Pro Starter

Stan the Man! Lariato! Lariato! Lariato!

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #28
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Stan the Man! Lariato! Lariato! Lariato!

He is the undisputed top Dog right now, have some big plans for him. Thinking about breaking him off from Gary Hart's Texas Wrecking Crew. He is just at another level compared to the rest of the stable. Or, could get him and Ron Bass involved in some tag action. Decisions.....
Old 02-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #29
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tuesday Week 3, March 1983
WCCW on Tour
Asheville, North Carolina
Attendance: 622

Pre-Show
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Scott Irwin won a battle royal in 14:37. The other members of the 'final four' were Spike Huber, Ron Bass and Bill Irwin, with Spike Huber being the final elimination, nearly pulling off a miracle win after eliminating two other members of the Texas Wrecking Crew among the final four. Ron Bass got the most eliminations over the course of the match. Huber and Adias were off their game. (C)

Main Show
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jerry Brisco defeated Eddie Gilbert in 12:28 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock after wearing Gilbert down with a series of spinning toe holds. (C)

Fritz Von Erich calls out Greg Valentine and tells him he is going to give Ricky Steamboat a match tonight and it will go until there is a winner. If the winner is Steamboat he gets Ric Flair at Ides of March this coming Sunday. (C)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Curt Hennig defeated Tony Charles in 9:19 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex with the veteran giving the youngster a good go. (D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, David Von Erich and Kevin Von Erich defeated Bugsy McGraw and The Missing Link in 12:07 when Kevin Von Erich defeated Bugsy McGraw by submission with an Iron Claw in a match that featured some dynamic teamwork and no Freebirds. (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Tommy Rich defeated Kerry Von Erich in 15:15 by disqualification, after Kerry took some brass knuckles out of Rich’s hand and decked him with them in full view of Bronco Lubich. (C) Kerry Von Erich is upset and tries to tell Lubich that Rich pulled the weapon, when Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts hit the ring and attack. Rich regains his senses and joins in, before Kevin Von Erich hits the ring with a chair and drives the Freebirds off. Rich starred in the segment, Roberts not so much (D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bruiser Brody defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 17:11 when the match was stopped after Brody injured Wrestling II’s knee so badly he was unable to stand, but refused to give up. Bruiser Brody makes defense number 5 of his NWA Texas Heavyweight title. (D+) Brody looks poised to inflict more damage when David Von Erich appears and he and Brody start brawling with each other. A host of police and security have to pull them apart. (C-)

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and a good crowd, Ricky Steamboat defeated Greg Valentine in 20:54 by pinfall following botched interference by Stan Hansen, who tried to smack Steamboat with a branding iron and nailed Valentine when Ricky ducked. The Dragon then drop kicked Hansen off of the ring apron and covered Valentine to earn his shot at Flair! (B-)

Overall Rating: C+ (Popularity in the Mid-Atlantic increases)
I am glad I made the choice to put Steamboat and Valentine in the main event as they are the two most popular wrestlers on my roster in this region. Obviously we lose a ton of money with the tiny crowd, so I brought as many wrestlers on written contracts as I could fit in to avoid the big PPA hits. Still, I am willing to sacrifice to get a popularity boost and I will hold Ides of March in one of our popular regions. In the post show speech I compliment Steamboat and Valentine and point out Rich as a good example. All are pleased.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #30
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 3, March 1983
Chicago, Illinois
Attendance: 2,742
Ratings: 0.53 on Syndication I (down .02) Local will be available after the March event

Pre-Show
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Sweet Brown Sugar defeated Eddie Gilbert in 9:45 by pinfall with a Piledriver, catching Gilbert napping as he preened to the crowd. (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Kerry Von Erich and David Von Erich defeated Jake Roberts and Johnny Mantell in 10:04 when Kerry Von Erich defeated Johnny Mantell by submission with an Iron Claw, as Jake Roberts abandoned his partner as things began to go south. (C-)

Main Show
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jim Duggan defeated Ron Bass in 8:40 when Ron Bass was disqualified when Gary Hart ran in and attacked Jim Duggan with a cane, doing nothing but angering Duggan, who then cleared the ring of both men. Hart was good at ringside (C+)

Stan Hansen is sitting backstage, smiling as he reads the works of Darwin as Duggan walks back from his match. Duggan pauses as he realizes the book was upside down and feels something is amiss. (B-) As Duggan turns back, Hansen clobbers him with the heavy book and proceeds to finish the job with a chair. (B-)

Sunshine is with Marc Lowrance and talks about the upcoming singles match between her client Jimmy Garvin and Chris Adams at Ides of March, promising that she will make sure that ‘dirty’ boy Adams will get cleaned up. (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Ricky Steamboat defeated One Man Gang in 8:20 by pinfall with a Flying Karate Chop in a tune-up for his big match with Flair. Akbar was good at ringside, but Steamboat and Gang don’t click. (C-) As the match finishes a video comes on and Ric Flair advises his Steamboat that he will get his title shot, but that he will never be the man, because he can never beat the man! He then promises to celebrate by giving Mrs. Steamboat a ride on Space Mountain…..Woooooooooooo! (B-) Ricky Steamboat goes off on a rant, calling Flair a punk and guarantees he will teach the Nature Boy some respect. (B-)

Jim Duggan, still woozy, finds Fritz Von Erich and asks to be given a chance to wrestle Stan Hansen at Ides of March. Fritz Von Erich seems pre-occupied and grants the request without even looking at Duggan, sounding almost annoyed. (B-)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Tommy Rich defeated Curt Hennig in 17:39 by pinfall with a handful of tights, after launching Hennig with a flying Head Scissors. Rich then kicks Hennig to the floor and struts around the ring. (B-) Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts join Rich as Hayes and Rich go off on the Von Erich clan, with Hayes expressing outrage at the nepotism that that runs rampant in WCCW, but making it clear that Fantasia would prevail, as the Freebirds had an Ace in the hole for Ides of March. (C-)

Overall Rating: C+ (Increase in popularity in 8, decrease in 1)
Six B- segments, including the main event and we still only pull a C+? Kind of baffling, but still a good lead in to Ides of March this Sunday as another marquee matchup is added and WCCW fans will get the long awaited chance to see Ric Flair in action. Amazingly the Steamboat / Valentine storyline is our hottest heading into the event (B-) but Valentine is not even booked. Fans are left wondering just what the Ace is that Michael Hayes talked about as the show went off the air. We will know in 2 days.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 02-06-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #31
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sunday Week 3, March 1983
Event – Ides of March
Los Angeles, California
Attendance: 6,124

Pre-Show
We start again with a 10 man Battle Royal pre-show. In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Jake Roberts won a battle royal in 15:35, with Roberts delivering the coup de gras with a clothesline. The other members of the 'final four' were Spike Huber, Brian Adias and Eddie Gilbert, with Spike Huber being the final elimination. Bugsy McGraw had the most eliminations over the course of the match. Jim Lancaster and Larry Lane were off. (C-)

Main Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Chris Adams defeated Jimmy Garvin in 10:41 by pinfall. The finish saw Bronco Lubich take over as referee after James Beard was intentionally knocked out by Garvin due to no DQ. The move backfired as Adams super kicked Sunshine off the ring apron, then rolled up Garvin as he tried to check on her. (C-)

Ric Flair gives an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ricky Steamboat, letting Los Angeles know how lucky they are to have the kiss stealing, wheeling dealing, Limousine riding, Jet flying son of a gun in the land of a thousand stars, because by god, when the Nature Boy comes to town, tinsel town shuts it down! Flair was not sharp in his improvisation tonight (C+)

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, King Kong Bundy and One Man Gang defeated Sweet Brown Sugar and Iceman King Parsons in 10:41 when King Kong Bundy defeated Iceman King Parsons by pinfall by using a loaded boot given to by Skandor Akbar, who was good at ringside. (D)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jerry Brisco defeated Bill Irwin in 11:45 by pinfall with an inside cradle as Irwin attempted a suplex. During the match we also had Gary Hart run in and attack Jerry Brisco, but he was too late to make the save on the pin. (C)

Bruiser Brody is shown backstage having a conversation without someone off screen. As the camera pans back, it is revealed that he is actually talking to himself, apparently hearing voices. The man is scary and heads to the ring, apparently fired up from his talk. (C+) In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Bruiser Brody defeated Curt Hennig in 13:49 by pinfall after using a foreign object, which he spoke to after the match. Bruiser Brody makes defense number 6 of his NWA Texas Heavyweight title. (C)

In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, The Fabulous Freebirds (Tommy Rich, Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts) defeated David Von Erich and Kevin & Kerry Von Erich in 15:45 when Tommy Rich defeated Kevin Von Erich by pinfall with a Piledriver after Fritz Von Erich put the claw on Kevin as Kerry and Dave brawled on the floor with Roberts and Hayes. The Freebirds make defense number 1 of their WCCW World Six-Man Tag Team titles. Fritz’s unexpected turn is a success (C) Michael Hayes, Fritz Von Erich, Tommy Rich and Buddy Roberts embrace and raise each other’s hands into the air as Fritz’s boys stand outside the ring dumbfounded. Rich was a star in this segment, Von Erich and Roberts underperformed. (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Jim Duggan defeated Stan Hansen in 17:13 by disqualification, strangling Duggan with his bull rope and refusing to relinquish the hold until Duggan had passed out. Hansen then sends ringsider scattering as he whips the rope around his head circling the ring in a frenzy. Duggan wins, but Hansen retains his NWA American Title. (C)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Ric Flair defeated Ricky Steamboat in 25:55 by pinfall following interference from Greg Valentine, who crotched Steamboat as the latter prepared to leap onto Flair from the top rope in a bid to dethrone the World Champion. Flair immediately capitalized by superplexing Steamboat from his painful perch. Flair retains his NWA World Title. (B-)

Final Rating: B- (No change to popularity)
It looked like the show would be headed into the tank, but Flair and Steamboat pulled it out with a solid main event to keep our popularity in the area intact. In my speech I praise Flair and Steamboat, as well as encourage Brody, who was not his usual heat machine tonight. The big story out of this one of course will be Fritz turning on his sons, which he will have to address in front of a hometown crowd at the next TV taping. Flair is gone and he gave me what I needed from him as he gave a great main event performance and added some heat to the Steamboat/Valentine storyline. One more icon will debut soon and will have his sights set on a certain lunatic. Despite some of the average match ratings, the show ends up being praised in the dirt sheets.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:18 AM   #32
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 4, March 1983
Amarillo, Texas
Attendance: 5,000 (Sell Out)
Ratings: 0.59 on Syndication I (up .06) and 0.11 on Mid-South local (no change)

Pre-Show
In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Greg Valentine defeated Iceman King Parsons in 10:03 by pinfall with an Elbowdrop, after using roughhouse tactics throughout to soften Parsons up. (C+)

Main Show
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Mr. Wrestling II drew with Jerry Brisco in 10:00 when the time limit expired, in a great scientific match with the WCCW TV title at stake. Brisco looked good (D) After the announcement Mr. Wrestling II walks over and offers his hand as a sign of respect to Jerry Brisco for a great match and they shake hands. (C)

David Von Erich, Kerry Von Erich and Kevin Von Erich cut a backstage promo, going off on their father for selling them out to the Freebirds, with David especially hot, saying that Fritz was never there for them growing up and had deserted them again. (B)

As Mercer gets ready to go to commercial, he spots a rather famous face in the crowd. Bill excitedly points out WWF star Bob Backlund sitting near ringside. (C)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Stan Hansen and Ron Bass defeated Terry Gibbs and Curt Hennig in 8:25 when Ron Bass defeated Terry Gibbs by pinfall with a Piledriver, after Hansen nearly took his head off with a lariat. Bass was off, but Hansen was solid (C) Hansen then grabbed the ringside microphone and went into a scalding tirade against Jim Duggan, promising to cripple him as payback for his “cheap” win over Hansen at Ides of March. (B-)

A highlight video is shown of Ricky Steamboat’s world title challenge against Ric Flair. (C)

Michael Hayes and Fritz Von Erich come out for an interview and Fritz tells the crowd that he was finally sick of his entitled sons and needed to teach them a hard lesson. He then singled out David and said the reason he was never home was because he could not stand the sight of a bastard child that he doubted was even his. (B-) David Von Erich comes flying out from the back and it is soon four-on-one, as Tommy Rich and Buddy Roberts join Hayes and Fritz Von Erich in the ring. With David taking a serious beating, Kerry Von Erich comes running in and clears the ring, sending his father over the top rope with a discuss punch. (B-)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Bruiser Brody defeated Chris Adams in 10:37 by pinfall after knocking him silly with his loaded boot. Bruiser Brody makes defense number 7 of his NWA Texas Heavyweight title, then proceeds to continue stomping Adams. (B-) Bob Backlund has seen enough and comes out of the crowd to attack Bruiser Brody in the ring. A wild brawl ensues, spilling out to the ringside area, before Brody takes off and Wrestling II and Jerry Brisco emerge to restrain Backlund. Brody looked good (C+)

Final Rating: B- (Our popularity holds steady)
The Fritz Von Erich turn highlights the show and draws some great heat from the fans and turns the Von Erich / Freebird feud red hot again. The mystery wrestler is at last revealed as Bob Backlund makes his official WCCW debut after serving his suspension for the incident with Roberts. And in other hand wrenching news, Buddy Roberts and Gary Hart are no longer friends….I don’t even care why. The WWF holds Wrestlemania I in New England on Sunday, drawing 13,698 and getting rave reviews. The main event saw Bruno Sammartino, George Steele and Tony Atlas defeat Jesse Ventura, Ken Patera and Terry Gordy in a 6 man grudge match.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:07 PM   #33
BYU 14
Coordinator

WCCW Monthly Summary - April 1st, 1983

Cash: $378,439
Profit/Loss: -$252,540
Momentum: B-

Current Roster
Main
Faces – Ricky Steamboat, Jim Duggan, Jerry Brisco, Bob Backlund
Heels – Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Tommy Rich, Greg Valentine

Upper Midcard

Midcard

Lower Midcard
Heels – Bugsy McGraw, Jake Roberts, Eddie Gilbert

Openers
Faces – Jim Lancaster, Joey Rossi, Larry Lane

Road Agent – Ken Mantell

No roster changes, minus the debut of Backlund. I now have to look at pairing down the main event talents to 6. Brisco would seem like an obvious choice to go, not sure which Heel would be at risk, though with his E- momentum Valentine is not providing the return on my investment I thought.

Storylines
Brody’s Bane: C- (Have to spice this one up)
(Bruiser Brody, David Von Erich, Fritz Von Erich, Jake Roberts, Bob Backlund)

Down on Badstreet: B (Starting to blow up)
Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts, Tommy Rich, Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, David Von Erich, Fritz Von Erich)

Tread lightly in Texas: C+
(Gary Hart and The Texas Wrecking Crew, Ricky Steamboat, Jim Duggan, Wrestling II)

My Bloody Valentine: B- (Despite Valentines poor momentum this feud is hot)
(Greg Valentine, Ricky Steamboat)

Don’t Steal my Sunshine: Complete - Final Rating D

B+: Bruiser Brody, Sunshine
B: Jim Duggan, Gary Hart, Fritz Von Erich
Have 8 at B- now, but only 2 of my top 5 are full time wrestlers, crap!

Took a beating in the wallet, but I expected as much getting out to smaller markets more. In April I am going to need to stay committed to the "big four" of Mid-South, Southwest, Southeast and Great Lakes.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #34
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tuesday Week 1, April 1983
WCCW on Tour
Birmingham, Alabama
Attendance: 3,900

Pre-Show
We give the crowd a nice appetizer to the main show. In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Kerry Von Erich defeated Bugsy McGraw in 10:24 by submission with an Iron Claw, with Kerry controlling the mad man most of the way. (C)

Main Show
In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Tommy Rich defeated Terry Gibbs in 9:16 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Rich worked the crowd incredibly well and has great chemistry with Gibbs (B-) After the bout Michael Hayes joins Rich in the ring and they tear into Kevin and Kerry Von Erich, telling the crowd that the boys are now cowering under Mommies apron strings since Daddy left them and they are afraid to give the Freebirds a shot at their American Tag Team belts. Rich and Hayes have the crowd in the palm of their hands (B-) Kevin & Kerry Von Erich hit the ring and tear into the Freebirds, gaining a small measure of revenge as Rich and Hayes beat a hasty retreat. (C+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Curt Hennig defeated The Missing Link in 9:06 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. Both wrestlers off their game, but Akbar was good at ringside (C-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Mr. Wrestling II defeated Eddie Gilbert in 10:39 by pinfall with a Knee Lift. Gilbert gave II some trouble early in this one. These two have great chemistry. (C)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, The Long Riders defeated Iceman King Parsons and Chris Adams in 12:07 when Scott Irwin defeated Iceman King Parsons by pinfall with a handful of tights as Gary Hart got Adams attention long enough to prevent the save. (C) Ricky Steamboat and Gary Hart bump into each other backstage as Steamboat heads out for his match. Scott Irwin, Bill Irwin and Ron Bass quickly surround Ricky, but Chris Adams, Iceman King Parsons and Mr. Wrestling II get into between them and both parties go their separate ways, but Hart warns Steamboat watch his back. (C+)

In a match that had a fantastic crowd and great wrestling action, Greg Valentine defeated Ricky Steamboat in 16:42 by pinfall for the first time in their series after a distraction from Gary Hart, who makes good on his backstage promise to The Dragon. (C+)

In a match that had a fantastic crowd and great wrestling action, David Von Erich defeated Bruiser Brody in 17:06 when Bruiser Brody was disqualified when Fritz Von Erich ran in and attacked David Von Erich, putting his son in the Iron claw. Brody does not look pleased, but gets to keep his Texas Heavyweight Belt. (C) As Brody leaves Fritz Von Erich and David Von Erich are alone in the ring, with Fritz berating David. David gets angry and mauls Fritz, tearing his shirt off and leaving him laid out in the ring. (C+)

In a bout that featured great action and great heat from the audience, Stan Hansen defeated Jim Duggan in 20:58 by pinfall by using his cowbell to put Duggan into a state of unconsciousness as Gary Hart wandered around Ringside getting the attention of Bronco Lubich. Stan Hansen makes defense number 1 of his NWA American Heavyweight title. (B-)

Final Rating: C+ (It increases our popularity in the Southeast)
In my post match speech I praise Hansen and compliment Rich and Duggan. The Dirt Sheets give great feedback and indicate the show drew a lot of praise. The Von Erich cache seems to be wearing off, but again we are not in Texas and that is their sweet spot. Once again Stan Hansen lifts the show with a solid main event and continues to be our most consistent performer.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #35
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 1, April 1983
Los Angeles, California
Ratings: 0.55 on medium syndication I (down .04) and 0.11 on local mid-south (no change)

Pre-Show
Michael Hayes, Tommy Rich and Buddy Roberts come to the ring and Hayes explains that instead of wasting their time with the Von Erichs, they will defend their six man titles against some wrestlers who deserve a shot, namely Curt Hennig, Spike Huber and Terry Gibbs. Hayes and Rich improvised well, Roberts did his usual horrid job (C) In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Tommy Rich and Buddy Roberts) defeated Curt Hennig, Spike Huber and Terry Gibbs in 5:51 when Tommy Rich defeated Terry Gibbs by pinfall with a Piledriver. Michael Hayes and The Freebirds 4 make defense number 2 of their WCCW World Six-Man Tag Team titles. Rich looked good (D+)

Main Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mr. Wrestling II defeated Ron Bass in 8:21 by pinfall with a Knee Lift, surviving a run in by Gary Hart in the process. Mr. Wrestling II makes defense number 3 of his WCCW Television title. (D+) Mr. Wrestling II raises his hands and acknowledges the crowd, when Stan Hansen comes out and cheap shots him. Ron Bass joins in on the fun until Jim Duggan comes out from the back and cleans house. Hart performed well (C)

Jerry Brisco joins the announcers and goes off on Bruiser Brody, condemning the big man for his brutality and calling him nothing but a 2 bit back alley brawler who would be lost against a real wrestler. (C) Jerry Brisco leaves the ring and as he enters the back, Brody clotheslines him, picks him up and slams him through a table. Brody stands frothing above the fallen Jerry Brisco, who appears to be having a seizure. (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Ricky Steamboat defeated Eddie Gilbert in 7:40 by pinfall with a quick cradle after escaping Gilbert’s attempt at a hot shot. (C) Greg Valentine appears in the entry way and proceeds to chastise Steamboat, insulting his heritage, ability and finally his wife. (C-) Ricky Steamboat finally snaps and goes after Valentine, who makes a hasty exit through the crowd, being treated to several cold beer showers as he goes. (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bob Backlund defeated Jimmy Garvin in 17:31 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing, showing some excellent wrestling in the process. Sunshine was good at ringside (C) Backlund then grabs a microphone and challenges Bruiser Brody to a match, promising revenge for Brisco and making it known that Brody needs to be looking over his shoulder now. (D+) Brody comes out goes face to face with Backlund, neither man budging. Before anything happens the ring is flooded by numerous other wrestlers, and the two are pulled away before they can make contact by Jake Roberts, King Kong Bundy, One Man Gang, Brian Adias, Iceman King Parsons and Sweet Brown Sugar as the show goes off the air. (C)

Final Rating: C (Increase in 8 regions in popularity and a loss in 2)
Kind of a meh show considering the talent we had booked, guess the LA fans would rather be surfing. I think it is about time to put Backlund and Brody in the ring, but it needs to be close to Backlunds old stomping grounds so we get the most out of him. After the show I get word the Sweet Brown Sugar tested positive for steroids. I give him the last chance speech and he promises it will not happen again.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #36
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 2, April 1983
Dallas, Texas

Ratings: 0.55 on medium syndication I (no change) and 0.11 on local mid-south (no change)

Pre-Show

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Chris Adams defeated Bugsy McGraw in 9:50 by pinfall, Adams then signed autographs for some excited female fans. (C-)

In an extremely short match, Ron Bass and Stan Hansen defeated Larry Lane and Terry Gibbs in 5:13 when Ron Bass defeated Larry Lane by pinfall with a Piledriver. Quick squash match, Hansen and Hart looking good and Bass getting a rub from Stan (C-)

Main Show

Ricky Steamboat is with Bill Mercer making it clear how much he hates Greg Valentine and it is time ot put up or shut up for Greg, promising to find a way to cage the rat. (C)

The Freebirds come out and while Buddy heads to the ring, Hayes and Tommy join Mercer, with Michael smirking as Steamboat passes, thanking “Steamboat Willie” for the inspiring words, Hayes then rails about the Von Erichs, telling Kevin and Kerry to watch real close to what his boys Tommy and Buddy are about to do. Hayes was brilliant off script (B-) Rich joins Roberts in the ring and in a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Freebirds 4 defeated Brian Adias and Tracy Smothers in 7:15 when Tommy Rich defeated Brian Adias by pinfall with a Piledriver. Rich was great, but Roberts needs a new gimmick (C-)

Marc Lowrance is in the ring and speaks about the injury suffered by Jerry Brisco at the hands of Bruiser Brody as a video plays. Lowrance tells the crowd that Brisco has a severe head injury and may not return as a somber David Von Erich joins him. (C-) Von Erich faces the camera and starts to address Brody, when the Bruiser comes out of the crowd, dropping Von Erich from behind, then pulling a ladder out from under the ring and absolutely destroying David with it as the crowd goes into hysterics. (A)

Jimmy Garvin is shown backstage with Sunshine, mapping out his next moves, which includes getting rid of old relics like Mr. Wrestling II, who he impotent old man, who can’t handle a woman like Sunshine, or a man like him. The camera cuts to the side as Wrestling II comes flying at Garvin, who shoves Sunshine into his path, and escapes quickly, as Sunshine is laid out with a vicious shoulder block meant for Garvin. (C-)

Back to wrestling finally with a bout that featured great action and average heat, Bob Backlund defeated Jake Roberts in 8:10 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing. (C+) Now it is Backlund’s turn to address Brody as he grabs a microphone and admonishes Brody for taking out his friend Brisco and his earlier attack on the David Von Erich, promising to square things if Brody will just meet him in the ring. (C-) A badly hobbled David Von Erich joins Bob and lends his support to Backlund, vowing that between them they will do whatever is necessary until the problem that of Brody is solved. (B)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bill Irwin defeated Jim Duggan in 16:59 when Jim Duggan was pinned with a Bicycle kick, followed by a fist drop from the top rope with the brass knuckles on. Stan Hansen set the finish up by clocking Duggan with his cowbell, causing Duggan to stumble into the kick. Bill Irwin wins the NWA Brass Knuckles title. Hart was good at ringside (C)

Final Rating: B- (Increase in 9 regions in popularity, nice!)
My first A rating for any segment is cause for a cold one after the show, as things are now getting quite involved with Bruiser Brody a marked man by about everyone in World Class. The Brisco injury angle couldn’t have been timed better as he gets into an argument with a fan before the show in the parking lot and goes after him. I have had enough of babysitting and have been disappointed in him anyway so I fire him. We explain to the fan that his head injury is causing irrational behavior and give him free tickets to the big Parade of Champions show in May and he is happy. Steamboats contract with MACW is up and Iceman King Parsons reveals he has a bad back.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:42 PM   #37
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tuesday Week 3, April 1983
WCCW on tour
Pocatello, Idaho
Attendance: 2,353

Pre-Show

We give the fans a bonus pre-show affair in a match that had some good action and average heat, Bob Backlund defeated Johnny Mantell in 8:08 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing. (C-)

Main Show
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jake Roberts and Eddie Gilbert defeated Iceman King Parsons and Sweet Brown Sugar in 8:43 when Jake Roberts defeated Sweet Brown Sugar by submission after poking him in the eyes and hitting a DDT. Parson injury really affected his performance (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, King Kong Bundy defeated Joey Rossi in 5:01 by pinfall with a Big Splash after abusing him the entire time. (D-)

Michael Hayes, Tommy Rich and Buddy Roberts had an interview hyping their upcoming six person tag team match with David Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich and Kerry Von Erich for the six man titles, with Hayes in his usual rare form and Roberts a babbling mess. (D+)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Ricky Steamboat defeated Scott Irwin in 13:41 by pinfall with a Flying Karate Chop, with the crowd finally starting to come to life. (C-)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Greg Valentine defeated Chris Adams in 12:09 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock after blatantly cheating by using the ropes for leverage on his hold, nearly destroying Adam’s knee. (B) Greg Valentine leaves the ring and finds Steamboat scouting him from the entry way, the two barely exchange looks and immediately go at. Chris Adams tries to restrain Steamboat, then Eddie Gilbert attempts to calm Valentine, but things quickly turn into a free for all. Eventually a number of officials and other wrestlers pull them apart before they kill each other. Steamboat and Valentine looked good, but Gilbert was underwhelming. (D)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Jim Duggan defeated Bill Irwin in 14:52 by pinfall with a wicked shot to the jaw after ducking an Irwin punch and stealing the brass knuckles. During the match we also had Gary Hart distract Duggan. Jim Duggan takes the NWA Brass Knuckles title back. (C)

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Bruiser Brody defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 14:01 by count out, after giving him a Piledriver on the concrete floor. Bruiser Brody makes defense number 8 of his NWA Texas Heavyweight title. (D+) Mr. Wrestling II is left down and Jimmy Garvin come out and starts putting the boots to the badly hurt wrestler for no apparent reason, laughing the entire time. (D) Brody looks like he will join in, but leaves the ringside area, only to be cold cocked by Bob Backlund as he nears the curtain. Security swoops in swiftly and separates them. (C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, David Von Erich and Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts, Michael Hayes and Tommy Rich) in a 3 vs 3 Street Fight match in 21:41 when Kerry Von Erich defeated Tommy Rich by pinfall after Fritz Von Erich hit Rich with a foreign object meant for Kerry. David Von Erich and Kevin & Kerry Von Erich win the WCCW World Six-Man Tag Team titles and Michael Hayes is beside himself. Everyone but Rich bitches about being booked in a hardcore match (C)

Final Rating: C-
(Mediocre but it still increases our popularity here)
In my speech I compliment Adams and Valentine on a good match, nobody else is worthy, and offer the injured Iceman King Parsons some encouragement. They all seemed pleased. The Wrestling rags say the card was decent, but hardly spectacular. Buddy Roberts was antagonizing Bill Irwin before the show and it nearly escalated into a fight, so I fine Roberts, who is remorseful.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #38
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 3, April 1983
Lincoln, Nebraska
Attendance: 2,766
Ratings: 0.55 on medium syndication I (no change) and 0.11 on local mid-south (no change) – We are consistent, but stagnant.

Pre-Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Ron Bass defeated Tracy Smothers in 10:29 by pinfall with a Piledriver after Gary Hart interfered. Bass was off, but Hart was solid as always (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jim Duggan defeated One Man Gang in 7:42 by pinfall with an Old Glory Knee Drop, celebrating with the fans and his American flag afterwards. Akbar was good at ringside. (C-)

Main Show
The show opens with Duggan signing autographs for kids by the entry way. Stan Hansen appears, snatches Duggan’s Brass Knuckles Title belt, which was left unattended on a nearby bench and takes off before Duggan sees him. (B)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Tommy Rich and Buddy Roberts) defeated Brian Adias, Spike Huber and Terry Gibbs in 5:52 when Buddy Roberts defeated Terry Gibbs by pinfall. Hayes and Rich were off tonight and Robert’s debuted an arrogant Heel gimmick, which received an initial A rating, match not so much. (D+) Hayes and Rich join Mercer and Hayes goes on a tirade about how they were screwed out of their belts this past Tuesday by the Von Erich’s and about how badly he feels for Fritz for having such devious brats for kids. Hayes was surprisingly not very good on the stick tonight (C+)

Mr. Wrestling II appears and addresses Jimmy Garvin. “Garvin, I don’t know where you get off making my business your business, but if you want a shot at the TV Title, you just need to ask. Bill, if Garvin has any guts, he can show up in the main event tonight and get his wish granted.” (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Ricky Steamboat defeated The Missing Link in 9:07 by pinfall with a sunset flip and ducking a wild clothesline, then countering the ensuing backdrop. Akbar was good at ringside. (C) Steamboat heads back down the aisle after the match and is blindsided by Greg Valentine, who proceeds to body slam Steamboat off the walkway onto the concrete. Medics appear and Steamboat is stretchered out with a neck brace on. (C)

Fritz Von Erich comes out and summons David Von Erich and Bob Backlund. He says that he has decided who gets the first shot at Bruiser Brody……….The winner of a match between the two of them this Sunday at the Spring Break Show!! Backlund and Von Erich look surprised, discuss it briefly, shake hands and agree (B-) Bruiser Brody is shown sitting backstage watching this unfold on a monitor, smiling brightly. As the camera pans away, we see that he is jabbing himself with a fork, and either enjoying the pain, or the announcement of the Backlund/Von Erich match. (B-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Mr. Wrestling II drew with Jimmy Garvin in 17:04 following a double disqualification, after Garvin again threw Sunshine in Wrestling II’s path and two went berserk. As Bronco attempted to restore order, both wrestlers pushed him through the ropes, earning the bell. (D)

Final Rating: C (Increase in 8 regions, lost popularity in 2)
Things were building nicely after the Von Erich/Brody/Backlund segment, then the main event went into the toilet killing the buzz. Lesson learned. Fritz pulled quite the swerve booking the two fan favorites for Spring break, one must wonder what he has up his sleeve.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #39
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sunday Week 3, April 1983
Event – Spring Break
Austin, Texas
Attendance: 8,118

Pre-Show

To warm up the crowd we hold what is becoming an event staple. In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Bruiser Brody won a battle royal in 17:38. The other members of the 'final four' were Mr. Wrestling II, Jake Roberts and King Kong Bundy, with Mr. Wrestling II being the final elimination. Bruiser Brody got the most eliminations over the course of the match. Wrestling II did a great job getting rid of Bundy and Roberts, but had nothing left for Bruiser. (B-)

Main Show
In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Greg Valentine defeated Chris Adams in 10:37 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. (B-) Valentine refused to relinquish the hold which brought Ricky Steamboat out from the back. Valentine made a hasty exit as Ricky checked on Chris Adams (C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Eddie Gilbert defeated Spike Huber in 12:20 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (D+)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Curt Hennig defeated Bugsy McGraw in 11:57 by pinfall with a fast roll up after squirming free from a Brain Buster (C-)

Stan Hansen and Gary Hart give an interview as Hansen threatens Jim Duggan promising to “Take that damn flag pole of yours and stick where you ain’t gonna have an easy time walking boy.” Hart chimes in that a steel cage “is no place to be trapped with a dangerous and calculating assassin.” Hansen worked the crowd well and Hart was solid too (B+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Long Riders defeated Sweet Brown Sugar and Brian Adias in 14:04 when Scott Irwin defeated Brian Adias by pinfall with a Bicycle kick after Gary Hart interfered. Sweet Brown Sugar’s gimmick is getting stale (C)

Michael Hayes comes out with Roberts and Rich, promising The Freebirds will dethrone Kevin & Kerry Von Erich tonight, in a match that will also be in a steel cage. Hayes exudes confidence, telling the crowd to “pull the gold fillings from the few teeth you have left and bet on Bad Street, because tonight daddy……It’s money in the bank!!” (B-)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Bob Backlund defeated David Von Erich in 17:13 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing. The end came after Von Erich went through the ropes and Backlund landed a sucker punch as he made his way back in to the ring, after holding the ropes open for him. The crowd is shocked and does not take Backlund’s heel turn well. Backlund dodges cups and threatens to slap several audience members on his way out as Von Erich holds his shoulder in pain. He has his shot at Brody, which it seems has now consumed him (C+)

We are taken backstage, where Michael Hayes has apparently just found referee James Beard laid out unconscious on the floor. He is calling help, and it is obvious that Beard won't be refereeing the Freebirds match against the Von Erich’s. (B-) In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, The Freebirds defeated Kevin & Kerry Von Erich in 17:57 when Tommy Rich defeated Kevin Von Erich after using a foreign object that Bronco Lubich obviously saw, but made the count anyway as Kerry protested in vain. The Freebirds win the NWA American Tag Team titles. (C+)

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and a good crowd, Stan Hansen defeated Jim Duggan in 21:19 by pinfall with a handful of tights, in a brutal cage match that saw both men busted open. Stan Hansen makes defense number 2 of his NWA American Heavyweight title, then snaps Duggan’s Flag Pole in half as he leaves the cage, causing Duggan to go berserk and chase him into the back, waiving a splintered half of the pole menacingly. (B-)

Final Rating: B- (No change in popularity)
Not pleased with the perceived indifference at the Backlund turn, so what happens with him down the road will be interesting. Hansen and Duggan continue to run with the promotions hottest feud and Hansen has to be our MVP right now. Out April event leaves some unanswered questions regarding the actions of one Bronco Lubich as well, not to mention the fate that befell James Beard. In my post event speech I compliment Hansen, Hayes and Valentine and they all seem pleased. The show draws a lot of praise from fans and the wrestling media.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:53 AM   #40
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 4, April 1983
Ashville, NC
Attendance: 496
Ratings: 0.50 on medium syndication I (Down .05) and 0.10 on local mid-south (Down .01)

Pre-Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, King Kong Bundy defeated Jim Lancaster in 5:48 by pinfall with a Big Splash. (D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Curt Hennig and Chris Adams defeated Johnny Mantell and Tony Charles in 12:28 when Curt Hennig defeated Tony Charles by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. Johnny Mantell was off. (C-)

Main Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Ron Bass defeated Larry Lane in 7:42 by pinfall with a Piledriver. During the match we also had Gary Hart distract Lane, enabling Bass to gain the upper hand. Hart was good at ringside (D+)

David Von Erich joins Bill Mercer and goes off on Bob Backlund. “I don’t know what in the heck got into you at ‘Spring Break’ Backlund, but I’ve learned there are very few people you can trust, and that includes my own damn Father! And you Bob…… You’re about to learn what happens when you stab a Von Erich in the back!!” (C)

Stan Hansen arrives at the studio holding his North American Heavyweight Title Belt and Jim Duggan’s Brass Knuckle Championship belt. Duggan pops out of a dressing room, decks Hansen and retrieves his belt. Hansen high tails it before Duggan can resume the assault. (C+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bob Backlund defeated Spike Huber in 7:44 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing, threatening the crowd like a man possessed between beating up Huber in a much more aggressive style than fans are used to. (C-) After gaining the win, Backlund’s thirst for mayhem is not quenched and he proceeds to put the boots to Spike (D-) After tiring of that, Backlund joins Mercer, cutting Bill off as he tells Backlund he has some explaining to do, Backlund rips into David Von Erich “You think your threats mean anything to me? I am a former world champion and have to jump through hoops since I got to this god forsaken cesspool called Texas!! Well now, instead of jumping, I am just going to put my fist through everything!!” (D+)

Kevin & Kerry Von Erich join Mercer next and have an interesting explanation for their loss to The Freebirds at ‘Spring Break’. Kevin is heated and tells Mercer “You know Bill, it is one thing when you find out your own Dad has turned his back on you and quite the other….Well, let’s just let this footage we got from the security camera’s tell the story.” (C-) A grainy video plays and despite the quality, it is easy to see that Fritz Von Erich is talking to Bronco Lubich in a corner of the backstage area. After wagging his finger at Lubich, Fritz hands him an envelope, pokes him in the chest and walks away. (C+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jake Roberts defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 16:54 by pinfall following interference from Jimmy Garvin, who sprayed Wrestling II in the eyes with Sunshine’s hairspray as Sunshine distracted referee James Beard. Jake Roberts wins the WCCW Television title. (C-)

Final Rating: C (Gained popularity in 8 regions, lost it in 2)
Not unexpected since we were visiting a small market for WCCW and one that we have stiff competition in. A rating of C is good for this scenario and I am willing to take the popularity hit and lose some money to start building a footprint here. The truth is starting to emerge in the fiasco that was the Von Erich / Freebirds tag at Spring Break and it is pretty clear now why Hayes was so confident pre-match and the fans seem to buy it.

Larry Lane comes to me and lets me know his is retiring, so I need to bring in a new face jobber. It cost me 55 K to release him since he is under written contract, but I have no use for him otherwise. TV networks are also scheduling now.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #41
BYU 14
Coordinator

WCCW Monthly Summary - May 1st, 1983

Cash: $246,576
Profit/Loss: -$131,863
Momentum: C+
Current Roster
Main
Faces – Ricky Steamboat, Jim Duggan
Heels – Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Tommy Rich, Greg Valentine, Bob Backlund

Upper Midcard

Midcard
Heels – Buddy Roberts, King Kong Bundy, Bill Irwin, Jake Roberts, Ron Bass,

Lower Midcard
Heels – Bugsy McGraw, Missing Link, Eddie Gilbert

Openers
Faces – Jim Lancaster, Joey Rossi

Road Agent – Ken Mantell

Brisco (Released) and Lane (retired) are gone from last month, with Jake Roberts now a mid-carder and Missing Link a lower mid-carder. Heel heavy, but that will change as things unfold, will also be releasing a heel or two from the middle/lower end of the roster. That last TV taping hurt us financially, so next month will be focused on where we can make money and all our TV tapings will be in Texas.

Storylines
Brody’s Bane: B- (Our best thing running)
(Bruiser Brody, David Von Erich, Fritz Von Erich, Bob Backlund)

Down on Badstreet: C- (Slipped since last month, this needs to be stronger as it has a ways to run still)
Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts, Tommy Rich, Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, David Von Erich, Fritz Von Erich)

Tread lightly in Texas: C- (Another drop, injecting some new blood in Hennig and Adams)
(Gary Hart and The Texas Wrecking Crew, Chris Adams, Jim Duggan, Curt Hennig)

My Bloody Valentine: C- (Time to look at blowing this off, would be huge in Mid-Atlantic, not so much here)

Legend Killer: C- (Brand new, will be short and sweet)
(Wrestling II, Jim Garvin, Sunshine)

B+: Sunshine
B: Gary Hart, Fritz Von Erich, Buddy Roberts, Stan Hansen
Have 3 at B- now, Duggan and Brody at C+, hurts to have main event guys here
Old 05-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #42
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Stan Hansen and Jim Duggan were two that I really enjoyed from this era so I'm really digging the feud between the two.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:24 AM   #43
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tuesday Week 1 May 1983
WCCW on tour
Green Bay WI
Attendance: 3,794

Pre-Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Sweet Brown Sugar defeated Tony Charles in 9:49 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Charles was off his game, Sugars gimmick is getting old (D+)

Main Show
In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Greg Valentine defeated Chris Adams in 10:25 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock using the ropes for leverage, thus preventing Adams from escaping the hold. (C+)

Bill Mercer comes to the ring and tells those in attendance that if one of the men in tonight’s main event between David Von Erich and Jim Duggan versus Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen score a pinfall, they will be allowed to choose any opponent in World Class, with any match stipulation they want. (C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Ron Bass defeated Jim Lancaster in 5:57 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Lancaster was off his game and also had to endure the taunts of Gary Hart after his defeat (D)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Jake Roberts defeated Curt Hennig in 11:28 by count out after giving Hennig a DDT on the concrete floor. Roberts and Hennig don’t click (C-)

Kerry Von Erich is on his way to the ring and is given an envelope by a small boy. He opens it and is visibly upset after looking at the contents. (D+) In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Kerry Von Erich defeated King Kong Bundy in 12:28 by submission with an Iron Claw. Quickly grabbing the envelope and leaving in a hurry after his hand is raised (C)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bob Backlund defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 15:29 by stoppage when Mr. Wrestling II was injured and could not continue after Bob Backlund refused to release the cross face chicken wing. (D+) After the match, Backlund aggressively attacks Wrestling II and locks him in another cross face chicken wing, aggravating the injury and leaving II writhing in pain (D+)

In a bout that featured great action and great heat from the audience, Ricky Steamboat defeated Tommy Rich in 17:12 by pinfall with a Flying Karate Chop following interference from Kerry Von Erich. After Rich was pinned Von Erich waived the envelope with the unknown contents in it and screamed that “This is only the beginning” at Rich (C+)

In a bout that featured great action and great heat from the audience, David Von Erich and Jim Duggan defeated Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen in 23:54 when Jim Duggan defeated Bruiser Brody by pinfall with a roll up. The events leading up to the finish saw Brody whip Von Erich into the ropes and nail him with a big boot. Unseen to Brody, Duggan slapped David’s back as he hit the ropes, becoming the legal man. Brody covered Von Erich, and then rose as referee David Manning failed to count, being caught by Duggan from behind. Duggan now gets to pick an opponent and stipulation for May’s Parade of Champions on Pay per view (C)

Final Rating: C (Popularity increases in the region)
The card built to a nice crescendo in terms of crowd heat at the end and I compliment Rich, Steamboat and Kerry for their efforts, all are pleased, with Steamboat showing the most gratitude. The dirt sheets indicate the show was good, though some are underwhelmed. We have 4 episodes left on our two TV deals and I am in negotiations, extending the syndicated show and hoping to replace the Mid-South local show with more exposure on Tempo network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Stan Hansen and Jim Duggan were two that I really enjoyed from this era so I'm really digging the feud between the two.

Thanks dubb, that is my money feud right now and I have some big plans for these two.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #44
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 1 May 1983
Bessemer, AL
Attendance: 1,000 (sell out)
Ratings: 0.56 on medium syndication I (up .06) and 0.10 on local mid-south (no change)

Pre-Show
In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Long Riders defeated Spike Huber and Terry Gibbs in 8:40 when Bill Irwin defeated Terry Gibbs by pinfall with a Bicycle kick after Gary Hart interfered. Scott Irwin stood out. (D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Kerry Von Erich defeated One Man Gang in 9:32 by pinfall with a Discus Punch. Akbar was good at ringside and the crowds get their Von Erich match (C)

Main Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Bob Backlund defeated Jim Lancaster in 7:23 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing, once again holding onto the submission until he was nearly disqualified (D+) Bob Backlund joins Mercer and talks about his upcoming match with Bruiser Brody. “I hear a lot of crying from the fans and from idiots like you, saying I am too rough, what’s wrong with me, blah, blah blah…..What’s wring is I used to care about what everyone else thought, now…..I care about me and about kicking Bruiser Brody’s butt at Parade of champions. And you (pointing to the fans) can all kiss mine!” (D+)

Jim Duggan comes to the ring and tells the crowd he has picked his opponent after pinning Bruiser Brody in Green Bay at WCCW on tour. To no one’s surprise it is Stan Hansen, and, it will be a no DQ Dog collar match!!! (C) Stan Hansen joins Duggan in the ring and gets a microphone. “Ya got it all figured out don’t ya boy? Well truth is, before you get another shot at my title, you’re going to have to deal with an old friend of mine. Duggan, meet my new bodyguard!” The backstage curtain opens and out walks the Assassin!! (B) As Duggan turns to follow the Assassin as he walks around the ring, Hansen lays him out and the beat down commences, with Duggan left lying unconscious when Hansen and his new ‘bodyguard’ are finished. (B-)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Jake Roberts drew with Chris Adams in 10:00 when the television time limit expired. A good back and forth match with Adams’s kicking out from a DDT just before the bell sounded. Roberts retains the TV Title (C+)

Tommy Rich, Michael Hayes, Fritz Von Erich and Buddy Roberts are with Bill Mercer and Rich tears into Kerry Von Erich. “Son, it ain’t no dang wonder your own daddy hates you. Running around here with some strange picture you think we had something to do with. Your dang brother accusing your daddy of riggin rasslin’ matches! You two ain’t right in the head boy and I guess it’s going to take a couple more butt whippings to get ya right! Rich and Hayes both came off well. (C+) Kevin & Kerry Von Erich come to the podium, with Kevin sporting a black eye and a bandage on his head. Kerry is ready to explode. “I am more than right, you see Rich, that envelope had a picture of my brother here, lying in a parking lot bleeding. Only, I never told anyone that envelope had a picture in it….And whoever took this Polaroid didn’t realize that Michael Hayes car is in the background!! And as long as we are talking about right, well, right here we have another contract to wrestle you at Parade of Champions, with my ‘father’ banned from the building!” Hayes and Rich look shocked as the show cuts to a commercial. (C-)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, David Von Erich defeated Jimmy Garvin in 17:16 by submission with an Iron Claw after a distraction from Mr. Wrestling II, who pulled Sunshine off the ring apron as she went to spray Von Erich in the face with Hairspray, getting Garvin’s attention off the match. Sunshine was good at ringside (C+)

Final Rating: C+ (Popularity increases in 8 regions and drops in 1)
Really happy with the pop Assassin got and with our marquee event coming up in less than two weeks, the plan is to grab a couple of big name loaners from other feds to help increase interest and spice up the current storylines. After the show I find out Kevin Von Erich was nailed for soft drugs on a test. I fine him 25% of his monthly earnings (all about saving money right now) and he promises it will not happen again.

Tempo TV rejects our request to add our show to the network and Missing Link bitches about his push. I send out feelers for expanding the show to some semi-regional networks. If they get kicked back we will only go with the syndication deal, which was extended for another season.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:51 PM   #45
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 2 May 1983
Dallas, TX
Attendance: 2,000 (sell out)
Ratings: 0.57 on medium syndication I (up .01) and 0.11 on local mid-south (up .01)

Pre-Show

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Curt Hennig and Brian Adias defeated King Kong Bundy and Tony Charles in 11:58 when Curt Hennig defeated Tony Charles by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. Tony Charles was off his game (C)

Main Show
Ricky Steamboat opens the show with an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Greg Valentine at Parade of Champions and promises Valentine, who is waiting in the ring, that he will prevail or be carried out on a stretcher. Steamboat improvised, and sucked (C)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Greg Valentine defeated Terry Gibbs in 7:27 by pinfall with an Elbowdrop. Valentine dismisses Steamboat, who stayed to watch, with an unflattering gesture as he leaves the ring. Valentine looked good (C-)

Kevin & Kerry Von Erich join Bill Mercer and taunt The Freebirds as Kevin informs the crowd that “Despite our own father trying every dirty rotten trick in the book to screw his own flesh and blood over, we get the Freebirds this Sunday at ‘Parade of Champions’ just where you want a pack of mangy dogs…..In a cage! And Hayes, we got something special to keep you in line boy. (B-) Michael Hayes cuts the interview short, showing the nerve to even come out by himself. “Let me tell you something Von Erich, where we come from a cage is where they put the nice people, to protect them from folks like the Freebirds! Ain’t nobody gonna keep Freebird fantasia in line baby, and just when you think it can’t get any worse than Buddy and Tommy kicking your asses, you’re gonna look up and see face and that…….Will be the last thing you see daddy!!” Hayes as awalys, was money (B)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Stan Hansen defeated Tracy Smothers in 7:16 by pinfall after destroying him with a lariat. Hansen performed well (C) Hansen and Gary Hart join Bill Mercer after the match and Hansen goes on a spit infused tirade about the pain that Jim Duggan is going to face this coming Sunday at Parade of Champions, as Hart nods approvingly, throwing in a few cautionary words of his own. Hansen had the crowd in his hand and Hart was solid as well (B) Jim Duggan appears and grabs a mic as Hansen and Hart step back. “Stan Hansen, you think your new bodyguard is going to save your title? Well I have a little insurance policy of my own for Parade of Champions.” Duggan smiles and motions to the back and out steps……….Hulk Hogan!!! The crowd goes nuts. (B-) Hogan and Duggan corner Hansen, throw him into the ring, and follow him in to exact some revenge, but Hansen manages to slide out and beats a hasty retreat, with the Assassin nowhere to be found to save him. (B-)

The camera pans to the back, where Bob Backlund and David Von Erich come face to face as they round a corner and after a few heated words, shoves are exchanged before they are pulled apart by Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, Chris Adams, Bugsy McGraw, King Kong Bundy and One Man Gang. (B-) Bruiser Brody is shown off to the side, watching the confrontation intently. As Backlund and Von Erich are separated, he grabs a nearby chair, hits himself in the head three times and heads out for his match, as the gathered crowd stares at him in disbelief. Brody enjoyed improvising (B-)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Bruiser Brody defeated Chris Adams in 15:53 by pinfall after cracking him with the same chair he abused himself backstage with, following a referee bump. Bruiser Brody makes defense number 9 of his NWA Texas Heavyweight title. Adams was off (B-)

Final Rating: B- (Popularity increases in all 9 regions!)
Prior to the show, Ken Mantell ribs Bob Backlund to the point that a fight nearly breaks out. I fine Mantell and promises to lighten up. Apart from that little bit of drama, I couldn’t ask for a better TV show heading into our biggest event of the year and first pay per view, which I hope will do some good business. The talent trades for Assassin and Hogan will hopefully boost the buy rates in some areas they are popular in as well, since neither is coming cheap.

TV deals to expand the show to Sports Channel America and KXTX-TV are both nixed as the medium syndication 1 deal I have blocks taking the show to rival networks. I am going to only go with the syndicated show next season, with no local deals, then look for a better situation after that that gets us into all US markets.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #46
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sunday Week 2 May 1983
Event – Parade of Champions 1 (PPV)
Los Angeles, CA
Attendance: 9,402

Pre-Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Brian Adias defeated One Man Gang in 8:28 by pinfall with a fast roll up after Gang dominated most of the match. Akbar was good at ringside. (D-)

Main Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mr. Wrestling II defeated Jimmy Garvin in 10:38 by disqualification after he hit Wrestling II with her purse. This match was a disaster and only Sunshine pulled her wait, brought the crowd down. (E-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, The Missing Link defeated Terry Gibbs in 9:26 by submission with a Figure Four Leg-Lock. This is to appease his complaints about no push (E-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Scott Irwin defeated Iceman King Parsons in 7:44 by stoppage when Iceman King Parsons was injured and could not continue. Irwin at Gary Hart’s direction went after the back and Parsons was done after taking a slam to the concrete. Parsons legit back injury took a toll (D+)

Fritz Von Erich calls out Bob Backlund and throws him a curve, telling him the main event between himself and Bruiser Brody is a loser leaves WCCW affair. He tells Brody this applies to him too, but leaves before the Bruiser can join them, probably a wise choice. (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Chris Adams defeated Eddie Gilbert in 11:37 by pinfall after nearly taking his head off with a super kick. (C-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jake Roberts defeated Sweet Brown Sugar in 9:46 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Jake Roberts makes defense number 2 of his WCCW Television title. Roberts and Sugar have great chemistry (D+)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Bill Irwin defeated Curt Hennig in 14:08 by pinfall with a Bicycle kick after Gary Hart interfered, poking Hennig in the eyes as Curt grabbed Hart by his lapels. (C-)

David Von Erich comes to the ring and lets the crowd know he will be in his brother’s corner tonight to keep an eye on Michael Hayes. The leader of the Freebirds comes out and tells Von Erich that he doesn't need a babysitter and that Von Erich should go apologize to his Daddy for not aborting himself. Von Erich takes exception to this and tells Hayes, that since neither of them have a match, they may as well just meet right now and he pulls Hayes into the ring by his hair. (C-) In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, David Von Erich defeated Michael Hayes in 7:49 by count out after Hayes, tired of taking an ass kicking, left the ring and ran into the back. (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Ricky Steamboat defeated Greg Valentine in 16:14 by pinfall countering a Valentine figure four attempt, by kicking Valentine in the back as he turned to lock the hold in and then catching him with a back slide as he rebounded off the ropes. (B-)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Freebirds 4 in 17:01 when Kerry Von Erich defeated Buddy Roberts by submission with an Iron Claw following botched interference by Michael Hayes. Hayes had entered the ring to get at Kerry, when David returned and drop kicked him into Roberts, who fell dazed after they clashed heads, allowing Kerry to slap on the claw. Kevin & Kerry Von Erich win the NWA American Tag Team titles. (C)

Jim Duggan’s match with Hansen starts and as it is a no DQ affair the Assassin joins in and it is 2 on 1. Hulk Hogan comes storming down to the ring, the referee lets it go and we have a tag match! (C) In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Stan Hansen and Assassin #1 drew with Jim Duggan and Hulk Hogan in 25:00 when the time limit expired, with several near pins coming in the last 3 minutes. Hogan was off, but Stan Hansen brought ooos and awwws from the crowd taking a crazy bump over the top rope. (B-)

Bob Backlund is making his entrance for the main event, when David Von Erich comes out of nowhere and attacks him in the aisle. The brutal beating leaves Backlund out cold and a crowd of officials come out to help him backstage for medical attention. Von Erich then sprints to the ring and calls for Brody, apparently inserting himself into the match! (C-) In a bout that featured great action and average heat, David Von Erich defeated a bloodied Bruiser Brody in 22:26 with an Iron Claw, though Brody refused to submit and was counted out after he passed out. David Von Erich wins the NWA Texas Heavyweight title. Will Brody now be forced to leave WCCW? (C)

Final Rating: C (Lost popularity in one region)
We came out of the gate slow and despite some great action at the top of the card, never pulled the crowd in. A great opportunity wasted. In my post show speech I praise Valentine and Steamboat and tell Hogan he could have done better. He does not seem concerned, but Valentine and Steamboat appear to be happy.

To make matters worse, Chris Adams has come back positive for Steroids. He was already on his last chance, so I fire him on the spot. He is angry, then realizes he did it to himself. Luckily he is not in a program right now. I rethink my position on TV and actually send requests to three networks for a new show. Now I need to wait to see what the PPV revenue will be. Another note is that I did have a big name loan from another territory no show, which is why David Von Erich had to wrestle Hayes. I will keep his name to myself, unless he does it again.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #47
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tuesday Week 3 May 1983
WCCW on Tour
Teaneck, NJ
Attendance: 1000 (Sold out)

Pre-Show

No pre-show today, this is a stripped down show to a territory we have not been to and I am only taking wrestlers under written contract and a few really cheap PPA guys to save money and at the same time get some exposure.

Main Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Terry Gibbs defeated Tracy Smothers in 8:03 by submission. Smothers was off his game (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Bugsy McGraw defeated Brian Adias in 9:29 by count out after ramming him hard into the ring post leaving him senseless on the floor for the 10 count. (D)

Bob Backlund comes to the ring and tells the fans it is great to be back home, he pauses and then tells them that is a lie and New Jersey sucks worse than the Von Erichs, leaving the ring to a chorus of boos. (D+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Eddie Gilbert defeated Rick McCord in 10:59 by pinfall with a Hot Shot. McCord’s gimmick gets a B- in his debut (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, King Kong Bundy defeated Spike Huber in 13:35 by pinfall with a Big Splash. Both were off tonight, not a good combination (D-)

David Von Erich comes out and tells the fans that Backlund is as dumb as he is ugly, then gives a shout out to the Islanders, finishing up with a promise to show New Jersey how Texas gets down when he whips Buddy Roberts. Roberts hits the ring and the match is on (C+) In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, David Von Erich defeated Buddy Roberts in 18:18 by disqualification. David Von Erich makes defense number 1 of his NWA Texas Heavyweight title as Roberts gets caught with a hand full of powder meant to blind Von Erich. As Roberts protests, Von Erich kicks his hand, causing the powder to go in Robert’s eyes, adding injury to insult. (C-)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Bob Backlund defeated Kevin Von Erich in 20:50 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing after using a foreign object to deck him. Once again Backlund maintains the hold to the point of DQ before he lets go. Backlund was off tonight and these two do not click in the ring. (C)

Final Rating: C- (popularity is increased in the Tri-State area)
Afterwards I tell Backlund he could have done better and he seems to blow me off. I also encourage David Von Erich and he seems pleased. Our negotiations for a new show with TBS have been blocked by Georgia Championship Wrestling, who has their show in place there. TNN rejects us as well, saying we have enough TV shows on, so that leaves another request to Tempo for a new show as the last one out there.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #48
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 3 May 1983
Dallas, TX
Attendance: 5000 (Sold out)
Ratings: 0.55 on medium syndication I (down .02) and 0.11 on local mid-south (same)

Pre-Show

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Long Riders defeated Rick McCord and Joey Rossi in 10:23 when Scott Irwin defeated Joey Rossi by pinfall with a Bicycle kick. Both Irwin brothers performed well (C-)

Main Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Missing Link defeated Spike Huber in 8:47 by submission with a Figure Four Leg-Lock. Akbar was good, but Link was off his game (D)

Jake Roberts joins Mercer to talk about his TV title defense against Ricky Steamboat. “Ricky Steamboat, the man who shares his name with a Mickey Mouse character in a cartoon. Is that what this is to you” Roberts slowly raises his belt to the camera and pauses. “This, Ricky Steamboat is my life, my essence…..My very fabric of being and one that I am prepared to die for.” Roberts gives a camera a long hard stare and leaves. (C-)

Bob Backlund then come out and is furious about getting taken out before his match with Bruiser Brody at Parade of Champions, but before the interview gets too far along Brody himself joins Backlund and throws the podium to the ground as he grabs the microphone. “Hssssssh, nobody wants to hear your problems Backlund, hssssh, hsssssh, we had a deal, loser leave WCCW, but you didn’t beat me, hssssh, Von Erich, you weren’t part of the deal and Bruiser Brody is NOT….hssssh, going anywhere!!!” (C-) Fritz Von Erich comes out and gets nose to nose with Brody, informing him that as much as he hates his rotten kids, the contract said loser leaves WCCW and “since you lost Brody, you leave!” Brody stares and Fritz for a second then drops him, laying the boots to him, then picking up the toppled podium and slamming it on Fritz as Backlund looks on with a smirk. (B-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Curt Hennig defeated One Man Gang in 9:59 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. During the match we also had Skandor Akbar run in and attack Hennig, put Curt sent him flying over the top rope. Akbar was good at ringside (C-)

Stan Hansen comes to the ring, and calls out Jim Duggan. “Boy, we ain’t settled nothing at Parade of Champions and tonight you know the Assassin is not here and I know you ain’t got that big blond galoot with you. So it’s just you and me Duggan, let’s finish it like men!” As soon as Duggan appears he gets jumped by Ron Bass, Bill Irwin and Scott Irwin, apparently forgetting that despite the Assassin’s absence, Hansen still has his fellow members of the Texas Wrecking Crew handy. The ambush leaves Duggan down and bleeding after Hansen joins his friends and whacks Duggan with his cowbell. (C+)

The Freebirds join Mercer next as the set is being reassembled and Hayes goes off on the Von Erich’s and blames David for the Birds losing the tag belts at Parade of Champions as “I was minding my own business, trying to get a better view of the match, when David Von Erich blatantly knocked me into my brother for no other reason than pure spite!” Hayes then tells the Von Erichs that Fritz has promised them another shot and will make sure there are no shenanigans. (B-) Tommy Rich interrupts Hayes and tells him he wants a shot at David for the Texas Heavyweight Title and he thinks Michael and Buddy should go after the tag belts. Hayes cuts him off: “Tommy, right now is not the time to be selfish, you wanted into Freebird Fantasia and with that comes an obligation and right now that is to your brothers here, not yourself!” Rich tries to speak, but Hayes and Roberts leave. Hayes was great in this segment (B)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Ricky Steamboat defeated Jake Roberts in 16:40 when Jake Roberts was disqualified when Greg Valentine ran in and attacked Ricky Steamboat, who had just covered Roberts for the pin. Valentine and Steamboat brawl, while Roberts retrieves his TV belt and clocks Ricky from behind. Roberts keeps his TV belt (C+)

Final Rating: C+ (popularity is increased in 8 regions and we take a hit here in the mid south )
A so-so show to follow up a so-so May event and to top it off Brody’s gimmick is getting stale, but since he technically doesn’t work here anymore should I even worry about it??? You never know. The recent Woodstock trend continues as Bill Irwin test positive for soft drugs. Always looking to save a buck I slap the 25% fine on him and he promises to stay clean. Speaking of drugs, I get quite a bit of blowback for firing Chris Adams. Gary Hart, Kevin Von Erich and Iceman King Parsons are all upset I let him go. And the final good news for the night is Tempo has rejected our request for a new show, also using the we have enough TV exposure with our current show line.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #49
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thursday Week 4 May 1983
Denver, CO
Attendance: 2000 (Sold out)
Ratings: 0.55 on medium syndication I (no change) (Local Mid-South show is dropped)

Pre-Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Eddie Gilbert and Jake Roberts defeated Curt Hennig and Joey Rossi in 11:46 when Jake Roberts defeated Joey Rossi with a vicious DDT after a blatant low blow, while Gilbert engaged Hennig and the referee. Rossi was off, Hennig was good (C-)

Main Show
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Greg Valentine defeated Rick McCord in 7:37 by pinfall with an Elbowdrop, after dominating him throughout the match. Valentine looked good (C-) Ricky Steamboat comes to the ring and tells Greg Valentine that has had enough of his underhanded tactics and he pleads to Fritz for a four corner strap match at Junes Tag Team Cup event. I let Steamboat improvise and it was terrible (D+)

Fritz Von Erich joins Mercer, where he ignores Steamboats request, but lets the crowd know that Bruiser Brody has been banned from wrestling in WCCW, adding “If that maniac wants to get into this building he can buy a ticket and sit with the rest of you morons!” (C+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, King Kong Bundy defeated Terry Gibbs in 6:38 by pinfall with a Big Splash. (D)

Michael Hayes comes out with Roberts and Rich and talks about the World Class Tag Cup coming up in June. “You know, a lot of the know it all’s and I’m not looking at you Mercer, but then again maybe I am. But people seem to think there is a some bad news on bad street, but let me tell you this, Freebird Fantasia is stronger than ever and Tommy Rich will be with Buddy at the Tag Team Cup next month, bringing the glory back to Daddy!!” Mercer points the microphone to Rich, but Tommy just smiles and leaves with Hayes and Roberts. Rich came off well (C-)

As the Freebirds leave, Mercer exclaims, “What in the world” The camera shows Bruiser Brody sitting in the crowd. “I guess he bought a ticket.” (C+)

A video is shown as Stan Hansen joins a press conference at an unknown Hotel. “I just want to express my sincere apologies for that clumsy jackass Jim Duggan. Tell me who in tarnation is so uncoordinated that they trip and run into the fist and feet of three different people trying to get to the ring? Well Duggan, to make sure you ain’t prone to any more calamities, I am well be bringing back the Assassin to keep an eye out for you boy, just cause I care. See y’all real soon.” The camera fades as Hansen laughs. Hansen did great speaking off the cuff (B+)

In a bout that featured great action and great heat from the audience, Bob Backlund drew with David Von Erich in 16:33 following a double disqualification. The end came when a large masked figure entered the ring and attacked both David Von Erich and Bob Backlund, leaving James Beard no choice but to call it off. (B-)

Final Rating: C+ (popularity is increased in 8 regions and drops again in mid south)
Really disappointed those last two segments came in so strong and didn’t lift the rating to a B-, oh well, finally got what I expected out of Backlund and DVR before the mystery man hit the ring. Brody debuts a new gimmick as a vigilante, it gets a C+, not that it matters since he is banned.  Jake Roberts requests some down time from a grueling schedule, just as he was getting a push??? OK.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #50
BYU 14
Coordinator

WCCW Monthly Summary - June 1st, 1983

Cash: $27,949
Profit/Loss: -$218,627
Prestige: C
Momentum: B-

Current Roster
Main
Faces – Ricky Steamboat, Jim Duggan, David Von Erich
Heels – Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Tommy Rich, Greg Valentine, Bob Backlund

Upper Midcard
Faces – Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich, Mr. Wrestling II
Heels – Scott Irwin, Jimmy Garvin, Michael Hayes, Jake Roberts

Midcard
Faces – Spike Huber, Sweet Brown Sugar, Curt Hennig, Iceman King Parsons
Heels – Buddy Roberts, King Kong Bundy, Bill Irwin, Ron Bass,

Lower Midcard
Faces – Rick McCord, Terry Gibbs, Brian Adias
Heels – Bugsy McGraw, Missing Link, Eddie Gilbert

Openers
Faces – Jim Lancaster, Joey Rossi

Road Agent – Ken Mantell

Yikes, a big loss last month again and I am going to need to book for maximum profits this month so we at least break even. The key thing for our success will be to get a better TV deal next time around, so I will be shopping for a new network. Minor shuffling on the roster, Roberts to upper mid, Iceman to mid and David Von Erich back to main event. The number of workers here is top heavy, but June will see some focus. On a positive note, company prestige and momentum both went up.

Storylines
Brody’s Bane: B- (Still holding strong as a hot storyline, with Brody now in limbo)
(Bruiser Brody, David Von Erich, Fritz Von Erich, Bob Backlund)

Down on Badstreet: C- (Hit B- at one point, but finished May were it started)

Tread lightly in Texas: D- (Shocking considering the heat Duggan and Hanson have, the rest of the guys are dead weight though, so I will be cutting them out)
(Gary Hart and The Texas Wrecking Crew, Chris Adams, Jim Duggan, Curt Hennig)

My Bloody Valentine: C- (This one will come to a head at the June event)

Legend Killer: D+ (This is going nowhere and having a hard time finding a fit for these two)
(Wrestling II, Jim Garvin, Sunshine)

B+: Sunshine
B: Fritz Von Erich, Bob Backlund
Nobody else above C+ (Seven of them)
Just a matter of doing too much with too many. Over the coming weeks will trim the storylines to two main event storylines and one mid-card program