Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Spices of Oman 1444-1650 - EU4 Dynasty - Complete!

Who's it gonna be? Place your bets!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-17-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Grover
Pro Starter

Hungary!

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Its certainly possible?

This may help:

Places I’ve done previously:

EU2 – Oldenburg, Trebizond, Mataram, Granada

EU3 – Naxos, Irish Minor - Connacht, Songhai, Lorraine

CK – Salerno, Swedish Minor - Halsingland, Baltic Sea - Lubeck, Georgian Minor

CK2 – Aragon

EU: Rome – Arverni

Victoria II – United Provinces of Central America

Old 02-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

Somewhere in sub-Saharan Africa?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #5
britrock88
Pro Starter

Doesn't matter as much as the fact that you're writing it up!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post

This
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I appreciate that!

Old 02-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Places that intrigue me:

Africa – Ethiopia, Kongo
N. America – Any decent tribe
Europe – Byzantium, Wallachia
Asia – Sukhothai, Brunei/Aceh/Makassar, Ming,
Also – A horde nation would be fun

Old 02-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #9
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Places that intrigue me:

Africa – Ethiopia, Kongo
N. America – Any decent tribe
Europe – Byzantium, Wallachia
Asia – Sukhothai, Brunei/Aceh/Makassar, Ming,
Also – A horde nation would be fun

Sukhotai or Oriat Horde would be interesting.

Ming would too, curious to see how the inevitable split would go down.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I would love to take Kongo the day it becomes Catholic, but how different would that be by the end to my Songhai dynasty? Ethiopia against the world sounds like fun, as the only Christian nation in 1444 in Africa, but again, how different would that be to my Georgian, Trebizond, Naxos campaigns?

The same would be true of Wallachia and Byzantium. I had two Baltic campaigns, and I’ve been in Ireland, Italy, and twice in Iberia, twice in the HRE, and such.

I’ve only done two Muslim campaigns – Songhai and Granada. I thought about doing a Muslim nation as my next choice in CK2 with all of the dlc Sons of Abraham and Sword of Islam, because that looks very fleshed out. Better than EU4 frankly.

I’ve never done North Africa, or a traditional middle eastern Arabic nation, so that would be a fun dynasty. Again, I suspect it’ll be my next CK2 dynasty though, so I’ma skip that for now.

Many of the updates to realms in EU3 expansions, like the hordes, republics, Ming, and Japan I’ve not run, and versions of them are incorporated into EU4 as well. That’d be fun, and we just had an expansion for Native Americans, so maybe it’s finally time to take one for a spin.

I’ve never done campaigns in Russia, North Africa, North or South America, Indian Subcontinent, and so forth. I’ve played one Hindu nation, and other than that it’s all Christian and Islam. So perhaps it’s time for another faith. But what are the game differences between Hindu or Buddhist other than a few minor bonuses. (Buddhism and Confucianism are exactly the same bonuses even). What’s the value of even playing them?

So my motivation for playing a non-Abrahamic religion is not strong, because the game mechanics from EU1 are still the same – a few minor bonuses. For Confucianism/Buddhism, you get +2 tolerance of heretics (in your own faith) and +1 of heathens. Whoop de doo.

In conclusion, I have a lot of experience as the lonely Orthodox voice against the Muslims, so Wallachia and Byzantium, while fun, would play into that. Here are some ideas that appeal to me, now that I have been writing.

Take Portugal, and turn it into a historically accurate model of itself at its colonial height.

Take a Malaysian power and create the nation of Malay, and built an Indies superpower (a la Mataram Rising –the most fun I’ve ever had as a dynasty.)

Play as one of the tribes of North America, and build a nation. Can I fend off the Europeans?

Play as another white Orthodox light against the dark. (Ethiopia, Wallachia, Byzantium, etc)

Play as a horde nation or Ming – for a new experience. Perhaps the Timurids?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-06-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:52 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I love taking one province nations and growing them. Portugal might be too easy. Expanding it realistically across the world might be rough, but it starts out in a nice place. You can ignore Europe entirely in order to focus on the goal.

I’d love to do a Malay dynasty, but I doubt I could ever truly repeat my favorite CK/EU experience of all time. So we’ll skip it.

That leaves Orthodox nation, horde/Ming or North American tribe….

I think Ethiopia might actually be too easy – multiple provinces, and can feed on people to the South for a while until big enough to start hitting the Mamluk force to the north. Byzantium is not the thing for me right now, but I have the purple phoenix DLC and that might be fun later.

That leaves Wallachia as the nation of choice for Orthodox. And no Catholic nation stands up.

So its either Wallachia or a non-Christian campaign.

This my first EU4 game. I didn’t pick it up at first. I wanted to wait until patches were released, but I’m excited. Most of the changes I’ve read about I fully endorse. So I am playing on normal difficulty with no bonuses or lucky nations.

I’ve decided to make an unusual audible. I’m not feeling any of these right now. I’m not even doing a one-province nation. Nope, we’re doing this easy style. I like the idea of a Portuguese themed dynasty, but let’s not do it as Portugal…

So who will I be?

Old 02-06-2014, 11:53 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

BEDTIME! (But I am excited to play this nation)

Old 02-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Sultanate of Oman

Long may Sultan Mahzum Nabhan reign! His 14 year old heir is strong, Sulayman Nabhan.

Our Bedouin state welcomes foreigners and trade, while we celebrate our Shi’ite traditions.

I am the Dapir of the Sultanate. We are nested along the coast of the great Arabian Peninsula, land of great wonders and mysteries. It is a land both harsh and welcoming.

I have served the Nabhans for more than 20 years. My family’s inheritance is to serve in the role of Dapir, the great scribe and advisor to our nation. Our current Sultan is not the most capable scion of his family. He has just 1/1/2 skills. (Admin, Diplo, Military). But we have high hopes for Sulayman.

Oman is a great and mighty nation, divided into five districts. We are lucky to be free of many of the local squabbles, so we can get involved when we want, but we can also ignore our neighbors and focus on trade, building, and exploration. Our family has several dreams for the nation.

1) We need an alliance with a major power.
2) We want to become the premier trading nation in the Indian Ocean. There are many great nations along the area, but we want to be the dominant one.
3) We have to control a proper navy in order to meet our goals.
4) We would like to colonize the Indian Ocean.
5) We need to fend off the overly hostile Yemen. They are blatantly seeking our elimination. Probably because they are Sunni.
6) Similarly, the adjacent Najd is also very aggressively looking towards us. Both neighbors are Sunni, and it gets a little too hot here.
7) We eventually want to see Mecca in Shi’ite hands.
8) In light of these things, it seems necessary to build our nation militarily, as well as diplomatically.
9) Nearby one province nation Haasa is Shi-ite as well, and could be a good early ally.

And with Allah’s help, we will accomplish these things!

Old 02-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here are the five districts of Oman: All are Shi’ite and Bedouin and have level 2 forts.

Muscat is the capital of mighty nation. It’s taxbase of 5 is the second d highest in the Peninsula, behind just Mecca itself at 6. Medina has a 4, and there are a few 3s (Tabouk, Asir, Mocha, and Suhar).Muscat is a Important Center of Trade and receives many benefits including better navies and trade. The spice trade is rife here and we make 12.60 ducats in taxes and production. It is next to our province sof Suhar, Nizwa and Dhofar.

Dhofar is southwest of Muscat and along the coast. It is our only border with Yemen’s province of Mahra. The spice trade continues here and with a tax value of 2, it makes 7.32 ducats for us.

Nizswa – The Arid province of Nizwa is island of Muscat and Dhofar, and next to Suhar and the Najd province of Liwa. As an Arid district, it suffers from attrition penalties. It also has a tax power of 2 and spices and thus features 7.32 ducats.

Those three provinces all send trade to the Gulf of Aden trade node. The next two ship it to the Indus one.

Suhar – Along the coast northwest of Muscat is this wool making province. With a tax value of 3, it has the second highest tax base in our area, but the lower value of its trade goods means it gives us just 5.00 ducats. Adjact to Muscat, Nizwa, Najd’s in Liwa, and our last province, Qawasim, Suhar is strategically located to assist more places in Oman than any other, and to strike at Najd.

Qawasim – The little peninsula that creates the south edge of the Persian Gulf is this small province. Next to Liwa, and Beni Yas of Najd’s fame, as well as our own Suhar, it’s a bit exposed. With a tax base of 2, and another set of wool, it clocks in at 3.95 ducats.

We have two merchants out – one gathering money from the Gulf of Aden node and the other siphoning it over there from the Indus one. Yemen is currently the dominant presence in the Aden node.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Najd has six provinces, and Yemen seven. Both are not friendly, so we need to secure our border before we begin heading out there.

Oman is in a good position to dominate. We are making 2.46 ducats monthly. We have 9920 manpower spare with a max of 11840. We have a completely legitimate Sultan. We need to raise our stability and take some plans for ourselves, which may happen here soon.

We have no claims on any other land.

Just five nations in the world are Shi’ite. More than 40 are Sunni. We need to change that.

We have 4000 infantry and 1000 cavalry in Muscat. We have a fleet of 8 ships, including 3 transports and 5 light ships. We have a naval limit of 10 and an army one of 7.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #16
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nice. I've considered giving Oman a shot myself.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Nice. I've considered giving Oman a shot myself.

I hope I do you justice!

Old 02-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A map of the area for you!

You can easily see the relative locations of the major players - Haasa, Najd, Yemen, Hedjaz, Oman, and then Mamluks, Ethiopia, Adal, Ajuuraan, Qara Koyunlu and others are in the outer layer of the area.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-07-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #19
Portiere
Mascot

Interesting that the game considers Oman to be Shia. Actually, Omanis are mostly Ibadi, neither Shia nor Sunni. Its a purist but quite tolerant form of Islam.

Oman is an interesting place--I'll look forward to reading this
Portiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portiere View Post
Interesting that the game considers Oman to be Shia. Actually, Omanis are mostly Ibadi, neither Shia nor Sunni. Its a purist but quite tolerant form of Islam.

Oman is an interesting place--I'll look forward to reading this

Awesome!

Well, I'ma push the Shi'ite angle, cause that's who we are in the game, and I hope you don't mind overly much

Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I order the light ships to protect trade in Aden. I disband the transport Cogs. We don’t need them yet.

I suggest that the Sultan become a general and put him over our army. I order the army to Suhar.

We declare Yemen and Najd as rivals. We send an alliance offer to Haasa. We expect that to result in an affirmative response. We also dispatch an envoy to Shi’ite nation Qara Qoyunlu.

14 Nov, 1444 – We hear back that both diplomatic efforts have succeeded.

I accept a mission to free our comrades in Beni Yas against Najd. We have gained a CB against them. I order 2000 infantry mercenaries assembled in Qawasim

Nov 28 – I accept a marriage offer from Haasa.

Dec 7 – I accept an alliance offer from Qara Koyunlu

Both Najd and Yemen have made us their rivals too.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Allah favors the bold. He gives strength to those who strike in his name.

5 Jan, 1445 – I declare war on Najd for Beni Yas. They are already trying to convert the Shi’ite province of Liwa. We cannot stand for this!

11 Jan – We win a skirmish with our navy in the Straits of Hormuz.

14 Jan – Good news and bad news. Our Sultan died today, long may he reign in our hearts and minds in Allah’s repose! Our new Sultan is Sulayman Nabhan, who is 4/4/3 and much more glorious!

19 Jan – Our army arrives and begins the siege of Beni Yas – troops are being frantically assembled by Najd.

24 Jan – Qara Koyunlu now guarantees Haasa’s independence.

10 April – A large force of 6000 Najdi troops arrives to force us out.

10 May – They lose and we continue the siege.

15 May – 11000 Qara Koyunlu forces have arrived inland in the Peninsula and are attacking Najd there.

3 Dec – The Mameluks joined an alliance with Najd.

22 Dec – We get walls breaches, and I order an assault

18 Jan, 1446 - - We have captured Beni Yas.

I order us to Qatar.

2 May – Qara Koyunlu captured another Najdi province.

7 May – We take Beni Yas and force Najd to break their alliance with Mamluks and we get a little money.

We gain prestige from both the war and the completed mission.

Beni Yas – West along the coast of the peninsula from Qawasim is this province we captured from our foes. I spend some admin power to make this a core. It has a tax value of 1 and trades wool. It is next to our foes in Qatar. It now landlocks their province of Liwa, which is surrounded by us.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I dismand our mercs.

I boost our stability twice by spending some power we had stored. Our better king is helping a lot with that.

I accept a mission to forge a claim on Qatar.

We discovered an agent of Yemen’s forging a claim in Dhofar.

25 May – Hedjaz accepts a royal marriage offer from us.

29 May – Adal accepts our offer as well. That’s good, Adal is Yemen’s ally.

26 June – I accept an alliance offer from Hedjaz.

I send a diplomat out to begin to fabricate a claim in Qatar.

I proclaim a guarantee for Haasa too.

5 July – We get an event for a claim on Liwa. Perfect!

16 Aug – The mamluks are guaranteeing the Najd’s independence.

23 Oct – I hire a Treasurer to increase our admin and tax modifier.

29 Oct – Haasa and Qara Koyunlu are now in an alliance too.

I order 2000 troops in Dhofar built using the blood money from the war.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

7 Nov – Hedjaz declares war on Yemen.

28 Nov – I accept Hedjaz’s call to arms and order the army in Beni Yas to Dhofar.

21 Feb, 1447 – We arrive in Mahra to begin a siege with all 7000 of our troops.

We are currently making 1.68 ducats monthly with the upkeep for our units and the advisor.

14 May – We lose badly against a superior Yemeni force and are ousted.

10 June – We get a National Epic for a decade for our people.

6 July – We gain a claim on Qatar and finish the mission

The next one chosen is to take Qatar.

24 July - We captured some Yemeni ships in a few battles.

4 Aug – Their forces begin a siege in Dhofar. I order our troops to try them out. They just lost a battle in Mahra to Hedjaz, so I might be able to force them.

13 Sept – And we do win. I order our forces to Mahra.

11 Jan, 1448 – Beni Yas is now officially a core province.

2 Feb – I increase our stability to max

9 Jul – I lose 25 piety to bring in men of science to our land form Christian lands.

1 Aug – Hedjaz lost a major battle against the combined forces of Yemen and Adal.

17 Nov – We capture Mahra. I order our forces into deeper Yemen.

12 jan, 1449 – We lose in the siege of deeper.

20 Feb – We capture another Yemeni ship – we now have our max ten ships.

12 Jun – We win again and drive the Yemeni forces back.

16 jan, 1450 – We assault and capture another province.

22 April – I sue for peace with Yemen independently of Hedjaz, who is holding us back. The overall warscore is +1 but ours is really high. We take Mahra, even though it makes us look a little bad. I could have taken just Hadhramaut, which is better, but I wanted the contiguous district. We get some financial stuff too.

I disband our mercs.

Mahra – Beduin and Sunni, this 1 tax base province just makes fish. Plus its Arid. It gives a nice land connection to Yemen in Hadhramaut. Very little money from it. I order a core for here instead of a missionary – I don’t want the added revolt risk. It’s already at 10%.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:17 AM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We should be able to increase tech soon in military and diplomacy.

10 May – I offer military access to Haasa

15 June – We are given military access too.

4 July – I choose to gain piety and lose some ducats when I take out infidels in Muscat.

13 July – I send a diplomat to Haasa to increase our relations

25 March, 1451 – Yemen took Asir from Hedjaz in peace.

10 Aug – A rebellion begins in Mahra

29 Aug – We put it down

Jan 2, 1452 – We have enough diplomacy and I am now tech 4. We can now build docks and marketplaces.

17 Apr – Another 1000 cavalry is finished and moves to Mahra.

1 May – We have enough to purchase tech level 4, military style! It bumps our military and we can build armories

4 July – Mahra is now a core province. I order a missionary here.

1 Sept – We gain tech in Admin and are now level 4.

We can now add a group of ideas, our first!

Which ones do I like?

Trade Ideas – let’s enhance our trade presence!

Offensive Ideas or Quality Ones – To enhance our troops in various ways!

Exploration Ideas – Let’s get ready to explore!

Espionage Ideas – I’m a fan of spies and such!

Admin Ideas – Good for building our nation!

It’s not really a question – say hello to Exploration!

Old 02-08-2014, 02:35 AM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have a maxed relations with Haasa.

I order my army to Beni Yas to prepare us to take Qatar.

With my low manpower, I order 2000 army mercs there to meet us.

1 Jan, 1453 – I declare war against Najd for Qatar.

20 Jan – A siege of Qatar has begun

5 Apr – They defeat Haasa and begin a siege there.

30 May – They break of the siege at 7000 troops from Qara Koyunlu arrive to siege their deeper territory.

20 Sept – They return to restart the siege in Haasa’s one province of Al Hasa.

6 Jan, 1454 – We capture Qatar. I order my force to break their siege in Al Hasa.

9 Jan – They break ff their siege to run away from my forces, so I change and order them to Liwa to begin a siege there.

25 Mar – I get an early walls breached result and I order an assault

4 Apr – We capture Liwa. I order my troops back into Najd territory

The Mamluks are in the war too, apparently. I must have missed they had reupped their alliance.

1 Jun – I order to win this war quickly with 15k Mamluks troops besieging Al Hasa, I order a quick assault and capture Najd, the capital.

7 June – I force peace now for Qatar and some gold from Mamluks. I could have pushed for Liwa against just Najd, but with Mamluks breathing down the neck, it was the best time for peace.

I gain a lot of prestige and power in various areas for our missions.

I order the mercs disbanded and our forces to Qatar.

Qatar – The Sunni Bedouins here make wool and have a taxvalue of 2. I order a core here. We are adjacent to Al Hasa with our friends Haasa.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 July – Haasa agrees to become our vassal.

Post war, I have 53 ducats and I’m making 1.4 a month.

29 July – Yeman has Adal has a protectorate and has guaranteed the independence of Haasa. Both of us are expanding.

I missed but in that war Ethiopia became a protectorate of Mamluks.

15 Aug – I send a diplomat to set up in Ajuuraan, in the Horn of Africa, to begin to build relations.

24 Aug - I order a Marketplace built in Muscat

Our next mission is claim Hadhramuaut from Yemen, so I send a diplomat over ot do just that!

6 Jan, 1455 – Yemen is now allied with the Timurids.

8 Jan - The Mamluks have become the overlords of new vassal Najd. Uh oh.

Already, the will of Allah has grown strong. Trebizond was taken out by Aq Qoyunlu. Crimea and Qara Koyunlu have reduced Georgia to one province.

I currently have a 78% positive piety. It gives me better morale for my forces, better missionary strength and better fort defense.

We are currently ranked 13th in the world (Qara K is 14th). It’s France, Timurids, Burgundy, Ming, Austria, Ottomans, Castile, Mamluks, Tuscany, Lithuania, Portugal, Milan, Oman, Qara K and England wrapping up the top 15 scores.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

13 May - We gain a trade CB against Yemen when they threaten our trade.

4 July – the captured province of Mahra is now Shi’ite.

Having a nice ruler really helps monarch points. We are gaining more than 100 a year in two categories.

21 Oct – We have claimed the province of Hadhramaut in Yemen. We gain prestige and military power from our mission being completed. Our next mission is to Conquer Hadhramaut!

Now that Mahra is fully of our faith and a core province, we get 3.37 ducats from her and her revolt risk is gone.

We send our diplomat to enhance relations with the Ottomans

5 Dec – Revolt in Qatar

12 Dec - Is now defeated

11 March, 1456 – We invest in the national idea of Colonial Ventures

2 May – I order a marketplace in Suhar.

15 May – Qatar is now a core province and I order our missionary there.

2 Aug – Our piety increased in an event to send away infidel merchants. With it maxed, we get +3% missionary strength, +25% morale of armies and +254% fort defense.

While we now have colonists, we have no where to send them

5 March, 1457 – Our relations with Ajuuraan have reached 100. We order our diplomat to the nation of Kilwa, on the coast of Africa.

Our army is ordered to Mahra and another 1000 cavalry are built here.

16 July, 1458 – I choose our nation in offensive strength, and for 10 years we gain better armies.

30 July – I order our diplomat to return from the Ottomans

11 Sept – Qatar converts. We now get 4.52 ducats from it.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

28 Sept _ I declare war on Yemen for Hadhramaut

I order our army in!

24 jan, 1459 – I assault and take it after their morale dropped badly. I order them to Aden

20 Feb – I hire 2000 mercs in Mahra

We have a siege of Najran by Hedjaz forces and they beat the Yemeni army in Mecca.

14 May – I break off a unit and hit their army in Sana’a and win.

17 June – We pursued them to Mocha and broke them.

8 Aug – I choose to prepare for Ramadan.

29 Oct – Aden falls and I move our troops ot the siege in Mocha.

4 jan, 1460 – Najran falls to Hedjaz.

17 Feb – After a nasty assault, we take Sana’a after Hedjaz forces assist us.

6 Mar – Relations with Kilwa are up to 100.

5 May – After a quick assault, Yemen recaptures Najran

3 June – We capture Mocha after an assault of our own and move into Najran via Sana’a.

3 July – Hedjaz is besieging Asir, their own province.

2 Aug – An event off our advisor triggered and we gained some monarch power.

15 Nov – We get walls breached on Najran and assault it. It has fallen to us

I order our troops to Asir.

9 Jul, 1461 – Asir falls o Hedjaz.

Now we’ve pushed them into a corner. I take both Hadhramaut and Aden from Yemen as well as trade stuff.

I order our army to Hadhramaut.

Hadhramaut – 2 tax value, the Bedouin, Sunnis here live in an Arid coastal wool-producing state next to Mahra ,Najran, Aden and Sana’a. I order a core here.

Aden – Also 2 tax value, another spices province with Sunni Bedouin roots. I order a core here too. Aden is also a center of trade.

Allah smiles on our efforts this day!

Old 02-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #30
Tellistto
College Prospect

Nice to see you back, Abe. Following along.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Nice to see you back, Abe. Following along.

Tell

Thanks thanks!

Old 02-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Allah's will is for us to explore.

I select Achieve Religious Unity as our next mission

We unlock the Quest for the New World idea – that enables us to have explorers and conquistadors.

We also upgrade to Admin Tech 5 – That gives us the ability to build temples and constables.

Meet Umar Khoury, a Conquistador we just purchased! We order two Cogs built with 2000 cavalry led by Umar Khoury to load it up.

12 Nov - We see some land in the Seychelles so I order our troops to disembark and explore it.

24 Nov – We have discovered the island of Mahe! But it’s too far away from our people to colonize – 171 range and we have just 160. I order the fleet to return. I should have enough diplo power to recruit an explorer in a month or two, and then I’ll give this fleet a trio of barques and begin full on exploring.

2 Jan, 1462 – Meet Ya’rub Khoury, our new explorer! The Khoury brothers will explore the Indian Ocean for the greater glory of Oman and Allah!

28 Feb – We lose 20 legitimacy in order to submit to the Iman.

20 April – We have discovered Diego Suarez Bay.

12 June – And now the Coast of Tamatave. I order our fleet to return for docking and repairs.

25 July – I choose not to tax the clergy in an event. We gain piety and prestige.

1 Aug – I order a marketplace built in Dhofar.

22 Nov – Our forces land in Boina, on the north side of a large island. Native there assault us. They have 9000 aggressive and ferocious natives there!

30 Nov – We lose against them and Umar Khoury and our troops die! I order the fleet to do some exploring, and 2000 troops built to replace them.

7 Jan, 1463 – We discover the Mascarene Plateau to the SE of Mahe.

Umar Khoury made it back alive! We assign him to another unit

This time we just use 1000 infantry – easy to replace.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Apr – We have a rebellion in Hadhramaut

12 Apr – And we put it down

11 June – Our explorer discovers the Coast of Tamatave, on the east cost of the large island we found. We also discover the area of Antananarivo. It also has 9000 angry natives.

17 July – Hadhramaut is now a core so we order our Missionary to it.

Mahe is now in our colonial range, so I order our colonist to the island.

25 July, We discover Taolagnaro Bay, to the south of the large island called Madagascar. I order the fleet to return. We’ll come back later to explore the southern area some more.

27 July – Rebels in Aden!

27 Aug – The rebels are put down

16 Oct – Aden is now a core.

4 Jan, 1464 – While sailing near to India, we find the Equatorial Counter Current around the Maldives. They have 1000 aggressive and ferocious natives there.

14 April – I order a Temple in Muscat

1 June – We purchase Level 5 Military Tech. We get Muslim Duel Infantry upgrades and extra combat width and infantry shock increases.

4 June – We order the Formalizing of Scales, Weights and Measures. It costs some Admin Power and we gain a +5% tax modifier for the rest of the campaign

30 July – We discover the Western Equatorial Counter Current east of Mahe.

We are now using Mahe as a base of operations for exploring.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

26 Oct – We choose to celebrate Eid al-Fitr for three days and invite everyone! It costs us some ducats, but we gain some Admin Power.

28 Dec – We discover the Mascareignes, to the SE of Diego Suarez Bay,

16 Jan, 1465 – We find the Island of Bourbon in this place with our Conquistador. It is nativeless.

13 Feb – Mauritius has 500 natives and is in the same area as Bourbon.

1 Jul – We discover the Central Indian Ocean

24 Aug – I order a Temple in Suhar.

31 Oct – Hadhramaut is now Shi-ite – praise Allah. May Aden be next! I move my army to Aden.

1 Jan, 1466 – Just a quick check reveals we have 240 settlers on Mahe. We need a full 1000 to have a city.

2 Feb – We discover the Western Indian Ocean South Equatorial Current

14 July – We discover the Chagos Archipelago

1 Aug – I have a nasty event. Execute a popular bailiff or let him continue despite his bad rule. Both are bad results – either I lose a stability of 33 prestige. I choose the prestige.
16 Dec – We take Overseas Exploration and our colonial range increases by 50%. We have also unlocked our Local Merchant Prefecture, which gives us +33% trade steering.

5 Jan, 1467 – We discover the island of Diego Garcia, south of the Maldives, in the Chagos Archipelago. It has no natives.

7 Jan – The colonial company responsible for our colony in Mahe has shipped in marriageable women, and it increases by 200 people.

23 Jan – Mahe will be a fishing economy.

12 May – I order a Constable in Muscat

25 June – We uncover the Madagascar Basin.

I return to Mahe and begin to move down the African coast.

15 Dec – We discover the Coast of Natal

17 Jan, 1468 – And the Coast of Transki

Old 02-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

16 Feb – Aden is now Shi’ite, we finish our mission, and we gain a lot of power.

Lots of land in the Timurid Empire is under rebel control. I can see 23000 rebels besieging a local villa.

Our next mission is to conquer Mocha and take it from Yemen.

27 May, while sailing along the coast, the final section of Madagascar is revealed – Menabe, a land of 9000 natives as well.

9 July 0 We discover the Coast of Ciskei as well as Xhosa, a mainland local unclaimed area with 7000 nasty natives.

25 Aug – We arrive in the Cape of Good Hope. We uncover another mainland place, Lesser Namaqualand. Just 500 natives, but aggressive to the max.

2 Jan, 1469 – I wasn;t planning on hitting Yemen again this quickly, but with their major ally, the Timurids, in huge trouble, this is the perfect time.

I declare war for Mocha!

I order our 10000 troops into Mocha to fight Yemen’s 5000 defenders.

25 Jan – We win in Mocha

23 Apr – I land some forces on Sumatra, the island controlled by Yemen.

11 May – After a quick assault Mocha falls. I order that army to Sana’a

21 May – We arrive in Socotra and defeat the 1000 troops there.

27 May – We also win in Sana’a

7 July – We win a huge naval battle against the Timurids off the Coast of Oman.

3 Aug – Mahe has grown enough to be self sustaining!

I order a fort built in Mahe

12 Sept – I land more forces in Socotra

25 Nov _ I dispatched a large army from Sana’a while leaving behind enough to siege, and took out another Yemeni army of 3000 in Mocha.

10 Jan, 1470- An assault on Sana’a fails. Ugh.

13 June – Socotra is ours

17 June – As is Sana’a.

21 Feb, 1471 – Failed assault on Najran. Grrr…

8 May – Najran falls.

29 June – Asir is taken by Hedjaz.

Every Yemeni province is in our hands. Too bad the Timurids are in charge of the war, or else I could force Yemen into a bad spot here.

We take Mocha and Socotra

Mocha – Up the coast from Aden in the Red Sea is this coffee trading area. With a tax value of 3 and Sunni Bedouin culture, it’s a wealthy area.

Socotra – This island, off the coast of the Horn of Africa sees people work the fish trade with a tax value of 2.

I order both to be encored.

I move the army to Mocha for now.

I take achieve religious unity again.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

With Mahe as a base, I can go lots of places.

I hire a Navigator, diplomatic advisor. I got trade benefits from the Timurids and I can afford a level 3 guy, that’s huge tech advancement in an area I have been devoting to ideas, not tech development., He gives me a huge colonial range bonus.

Now I can go even more places.

I send colonists to Bourbon.

I spend the power to gain level 6 Admin. We can now build farm estates and get bonus production efficiency.

3 Aug – We lose our claim on Liwa.

Najd is currently guaranteed by about 20 nations, and is a vassal of the mighty Mamluks. Plus its provinces are less valuable than Yemen, and Yemen was a stronger one 1:1. So we’ve hit the Yemeni scum hard.

6 Aug – We enter into a royal marriage with Gujarat.

11 Aug – We accept an alliance offer from Gujarat.

2 Sept – We guarantee Hedjaz’s independence.

29 Sept – We discover another counter current south-east of Ceylon

21 Jan, 1472 – Rebellion in Socotra. I still have a small army there.

24 Jan – Our colonial company goes bankrupt, I pay some money to step in and end things.

30 Jan – Socotra is secure once more

5 July – We discover Ninetyeast Ridge.

6 Aug – I agree to give Crimea military access.

21 Sept – I do the same for Nogai and grant then access. Whatever folks.

Because of the distance our ships have from Mahe, I will send out a major expedition next, and send them out for several areas and then have them get repaired for months and months

Old 02-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1473 – I order a Temple in Nizwa

2 Feb – I accept military access request from the Ottomans

25 Feb – We discover Cocos Islands

21 March – Discover Coast of Sumatra.

14 April – We discover the Coast of Aceh. I send our people back.

18 May – We uncover a plot by the Timurids to manufacture a claim in Suhar against us

6 July – Mocha is now a core and our best Shi’ite missionaries have been sent to redeem our wayward brothers

I order two more transports and another small vessel constructed.

25 July – A quick glance at the ledger places us third behind France and Ming.

I send a diplomat to begin to process of annexing Haasa, which will take more than a decade.

6 Sept – Socotra is now a core of our great nation!

I send my explorer fleet to Bourbon to rest up and use it as our new base and head southward.

2 June, 1474 – We discover the Southwestern Indian Ridge

6 July – Bourbon will now be a sugar province. Excellent!

7 July – We discover Kerguelen Islands.

20 Aug – I continue to get minor events that allow me to choose two sides, each of which will either lower or raise my piety with no other major consequences, so I keep raising it.

19 Nov – We discover the Crozet Basin…

2 Jan, 1475 - …And the Crozet Islands

6 Mar, we spend power to go to level 5 diplomatic tech. Our trade range increases, and we get better trade tech.

15 Aug – Temple ordered in Aden

1 Jan, 1476 – We discover the Natal Basin

17 Jan – And the Marion Island area to its South

11 Mar – Mocha converts and now its onwards to Socotra!

Old 02-08-2014, 10:09 PM   #38
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
5 Jan, 1467 – We discover the island of Diego Garcia, south of the Maldives, in the Chagos Archipelago. It has no natives.

Okay, question(s) here.

With that "discovery", do you see what it could produce in terms of goods/trade/etc if it were populated with colonists? Or is that an extra step of exploration?

Ultimately what I'm trying to figure out here -- I think -- is whether an uninhabited island is a plus (if it had some other value) because you don't have to fight for it or is that a bad thing (either practically or from a role-playing perspective) because there's no one there to convert?
Old 02-09-2014, 12:45 AM   #39
britrock88
Pro Starter

Map?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:57 AM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Okay, question(s) here.

With that "discovery", do you see what it could produce in terms of goods/trade/etc if it were populated with colonists? Or is that an extra step of exploration?

Ultimately what I'm trying to figure out here -- I think -- is whether an uninhabited island is a plus (if it had some other value) because you don't have to fight for it or is that a bad thing (either practically or from a role-playing perspective) because there's no one there to convert?

In the first two EU games, you knew exactly what a province would give you once you colonized it. But that didn;t give you the same sense of uncertainty. So now you have a random chance of certain types for each place. So you might get fish for an island that used to be Naval Supplies (aka lumber) or Slaves instead of Grain from that African place, and such.

It's a plus because it takes fewer resources, which is good right now. Islands on trade routes will enhance your trade bonus at that node if you have merchants there, even if the island doesn't have a lot going for it. They also have a tax value, although that's cut for overseas tax penalties.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:59 AM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

24 June – Qara Koyunlu wants us to aid in their war against Persia. Persia just formed from the rebel areas in Timurids. It’s very large – 10 provinces big Persia. We accept. Timurids with their money loss to us probably couldn’t handle it. They have their allies to blame!

13 July – Today the Mamluks annexed diplomatically the Najd provinces of Bahrain, Liwa, Najd, and Jabal Shammar,

15 Nov – We discover another random southern space in the Indian Ocean.

30 Jan, 1477 – We get a colonist rush for five years, increasing our settler chance and global settler increase.

18 March – We discover another random ocean area

17 Apr – And another discovery

2 May – Great news. Bourbon is now a fully city and self supporting. We order a fort here.

Diego Garcia is our next target. We dispatch settlers there

12 June – Influenza outbreak in Muscat. I can Quarantine it or not. We do, and Muscat will be money-less and trade less for a year or so

11 August – I accept military access request from Mamluks

4 May, 1478 – We are now using Diego Garcia as a base for exploration east and south

10 June – Mecca has been captured by rebels.

25 July – Socotra is now Shi’ite – praise be to Allah for guiding our hand.

We have completed that mission and gained prestige and lots of power.

Our next mission is to take Asir from Yemen.

The Mamluks also have a claim on it

6 Aug – I grant aid to a noble family in need.

2 Oct – I defeat some pirates.

27 Dec – We are at war with Persia now, Qara Koyunlu took a province from them and some gold

29 Jan, 1479 – I have finished building some other armies in Mocha/

2 Feb – Our Explorer has passed! Our new one is Sultan Moussa!

18 Mar – Mamluks canceled the access we gave them. I send them a gift and a diplomat to build relations with them

4 Apr – Our Military tech is now level 7. We get better tactics, combat width and infantry shock

14 Apr – We hear that Diego Garcia is going to also have a fish-based economy, like Mahe.

21 June – Mecca has been freed from those rebel barbarians

4 Nov – We discover Wallaby Plateau

9 Dec – And the West Australian Basin

Old 02-09-2014, 01:03 AM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have fun little names of my save games for my dynasty. My most recent one is called "Spices and Scimitars" Just though I'd share that.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:58 AM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Allah calls

14 Jan, 1480 – I declare war for Asir on Yemen – their alliance with the Timuids was over. Just them and Sind.

Gujarat leaves us alone but Haasa and Hedjaz join us.

19 Feb – We oust the defending forces and begin a siege of Asir. I leave behind a siege unit and move on to Najran, where 6000 Yemeni forces gather

23 March – We win in Najran and begin a siege here too.

2 Apr – Some mercs arrived in Sana’a

24 Oct – Najran falls to us. Again.

12 Nov – Sana’a does too. Again.

27 Dec – Our combined armies with 7000 Hedjaz forces assault and take Asir.

We have a 100% war score in one year. Good job lads!

I have several options. I can annex them. I can vassalize them and change their religion to Shi’ite. I can just take my province.

The difference between annexing them (41.2 aggressive expansion relations) and just vassalizing and forcing their conversion (15 aggressive expansion relations) is huge.

So I do that and have them break their treaty with Sind and send me some ducats too!

Adal is removed from Yemen’s protectorate status.

Now our border with Yemen is secure. The Hedjaz is an ally and friend, despite their Sunni status.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

14 Jan, 1481 – Well that didn’t last long. Hedjaz broke their alliance with us.

9 Feb – We now have Admin tech 7, allowing Noble Republic and another group of ideas.

Which group will we choose this time?

I like:

Expansion Ideas – With its extra colonist early, extra merchant next. But it’s another Diplo idea, and I may not have enough stuff to help them out.

Economic Ideas - Give bonuses to taxes, build cost and such. The -20% build cost at the second level is a huge help to building alone.

Quality Ideas – Comes with bonuses to infantry, cavalry and such all down the line

Offensive Ideas – Same thing, helps our armies out considerably.

So what to do?

I don’t need another colonist. I don’t need to be a colonizing fool. I don’t expect Oman all over the Americas or anything. I like Naval ideas for later, but its diplo too.

Ummm

We’ll do Expansion I suppose. It has a lot of good things in there.

I have 415 diplo power after the war, so I immediately give myself the +1 colonists. Then I order colonists to Mauritius

Old 02-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

17 April – We find the Cocos Island province after landing there with our Conquistador. It has 100 nice natives.

20 Sept – Our Conquistador arrives at Christmas Island. It also has 100 peaceful natives.

24 Jan, 1482 – We get a Diplomatic Faux Pas and lose relations with everyone for five years from it

12 Mar – We enter into a Royal Marriage with Yemen

20 May – We discover more water along the Sumatran Coast

14 July – We order a Temple in Mocha

10 Aug – We get trade expansion event and for the next 10 years increased trade revenue but are weaker ot spies

20 Nov – We uncover the Coast of Java

We have found two unclaimed lands here Banten and Priangen. Both are on the island of Java, and have thousands of angry natives.

15 Dec – We discover the Coast of Surabaya.

2 Feb, 1483 – Diego Garcia is now a full province and fully self-sustaining! I order a fort here and we order Colonists to Cocos Island

4 March – Sana’a was converted to Shi’ite. Praise Allah!

10 Aug – We relocate my explores to Cocos Island and use it as a new base to head east and south

18 Aug – Mauritius will be a Sugar province too, like Bourbon.

15 Nov – The Northern West Australian Current was discovered

12 Dec – We also found the Wrest Australian Current

23 Feb, 1484 – Temple ordered is Qawasim

17 May – Our Admiral guy died. I hired a second level dude who increases my power. I also nab an Army Reformer and a Natural Scientist – both level 1 guys

20 June – We discovered the East Indian Ocean

8 Dec - We discover Northwest Cape

20 June, 1485 – We discover King Sound

2 July – We have integrated Haasa into our great nation.

Al Hasa – The wool trade is strong here with our shepherds an important part of life. Just a tax value of one, and thus it makes 4.28 ducats. The Arid land is next to Qatar, Mamluks in Najd and Jabal Shammar, and Qara Koyunlu in Basra.

We gained their 4000 troops and 2 ship strong fleet as well.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I just looked and noticed that Yemen changed their faith back to Sunni some time ago and re-converted their populace. That’s annoying.

I unlock Additional Merchants in the Expansion Idea track

I go to collect in Zanzibar.

29 July – We arrive in the Timor Sea. We found a nearby island of Sumba. 500 natives here, very aggressive

I send a diplomat to improve relations with Yemen

10 Apr, 1486 0 We discover Arafuam Sea

24 May – We find the Gulf of Carpentaria

17 Aug – I get a rush of merchants and gain an extra merchant for five years. I send him to Basra to transfer trade power

26 Aug – I buy a Temple for Hadhramaut and Mahra

27 Nov – I begin to work on relations with Adal

28 Dec – I accept an alliance offer from Adal. Filling in Yemen’s gap!

29 Jan, 1487 – We get an Improved Diplomacy event

2 Feb – We find the Southeastern Indian Ridge

8 Mar-0 And then the South Indian Ocean

1 Jul – Mauritius is now self sustaining. I order a fort here

I load 1000 infantry bound for the Maldives.

5 Oct – I land in the Maldives, fightoff some native,s and then order a colony here.

15 Nov – We find Shark Bay

14 Dec – And then another ocean area

14 Jan, 1488 – And another

15 May – Native uprising in the Maldives which we put down

19 Dec – I pull my advisors and send them to Adal and Mamluks to improve relations

1 Mar, 1489 – We discover Cape Leuwiin

26 Mar – And now Cape Howe

We found the province of Wadjuk on the southwest corner of this large land mass, Australia

5 May – We discover the Great Australian Bight

2 June – The local population in Maldives becomes more accommodating to our presence and the ferocity there drops some – still leaving our troops here though.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Map?

Sorry, just noticed. Sure thing! I'll do a few at the 50 year review for ya.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:37 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

4 Jan, 1491 – We buy new admin tech level 8. We can now build courthouses and workshops

20 Jan – Great news! The Maldives also is found to be a great producer and exporter of Spices!

4 Feb – We arrive peacefully at Gubbi Gubbi. We have fully explored the eastern part of Australia with our folks. There are nine provinces here. I order our troops back.

6 March – We reach max relations with the Mamluks via our diplomat and he returns.

7 June – Our Conquistadors loaded onto a boat in the Bass Strait and then went onto an island to the south and uncovered Paredarerme We head back to Cocos after loading up

11 July – Adal has accepted our offer to become our Protectorate.

I cancel my mission

22 Nov – We defeat Pirates in the Chagos Archipelago off the coast of Diego Garcia.

1 Jan, 1492 – Our military tech increase to 7. We get Houfnice, Large Cast Bronze Mortar, and extra infantry, artillery, and tactics.

We can now build artillery! I order 1000 artillery built. I order a Temple in Qatar

2 Feb – We get an event and encourage the Encomienda System, where natives under our care are protecting, tutored, and give free labor in return. Maldives loses 5 aggressiveness and gains +100% goods produced for 5 years

20 June – We discover the South Australian Basin.

19 Aug – And we discover the Southern Tasman Sea

21 Aug – We have a plague outbreak in in Socotra, and we help them out.

24 Aug – Someone has given a gift to the estate! We use it to build a Temples in Dhofar and a Marketplace in Aden and two large ships

21 Mar, 1493 – We get a National Epic event - our prestige will rise over the next ten years

27 Sept – I have ordered our explorers to Africa again. We found Inhambane, just south of the nation of Kilwa, on the coast. 3000 angry natives. We also uncovered Delagoa Bay, just south, with another 7000 nasty natives. We will continue on

10 Nov – Our Conquistador arrives at the province of Little Karoo, in the southern area of Africa, and discovers the province of Cape as he arrives. Natives protest their presence.

16 Nov – We win and order our forces inland

10 Dec – Kilwa has absorbed Ajuuraan.

4 Jan, 1494 – We arrive in Great Karoo, and are attacked by the 500 natives here. It’s inland from Xhosa, Cape and Little Karoo

10 Jan – We win the battle and our men are ordered onward. The great Kalahari desert is north, so we head west.

11 Mar – Our mighty men uncover the area of Roggeveld. Another 500 natives are here, and we are adjacent to the shore province of Lesser Namaqualand. I order them to return.

23 Mar – We’ve been having problems in Cocos Island, so a suggestion is made to set up a Pena Colony, which will also increase the revolt risk by 3% there for 25 years. I agree. The tropical climate is rough to establish a colony. This could help

9 June – Our Conquistador loaded on the boat and unloaded in an area called Natal. We are attacked by 4000 natives!

2 July – We lost the battle and our force was destroyed. Natal is south of Delagoa Bay and north of Xhosa.

2 Nov – The Maldives has grown enough to be self sustaining! I order a fort here.

I increase our Diplomatic Tech to 6 . We can now build Embassies

4 Nov – Hedjaz rejoins our alliance.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Nov, 1494 – Time for the Review

Oman, Fifty Year Review

Five decades past, my grandfather decided to lead our nation into a new age of glory, with his nine point plan. Although I have been Dapir for just a few years, we have continued his great glorious plans.

Before we begin to explore our nation, let us pause to give thanks to Allah for his magnificence. His glory and power have enabled us to grow until unheard of places, carrying his name with us. We would not have had he successes we have had without him, and our success is clearly a sign of Allah’s blessing.

The Shi’a people are also grateful. This is further evidence that our way is the way of truth. May Allah save and protect us.

One of the ways Allah has shown us is blessing is with our ruler, the now 64 year old Sultan Sulayman Nabhan. We have been truly blessed with such a capable man, and our development has gone in hand with his rule. Long may he continue!

Our heir is the 58 year old Sultan Nabhan, with a 5/4/2 ratings. He will also suit us well.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our military might has grown strong indeed! We now control 19,000 troops, We have 4000 cavalry and 1000 artillery among them. This is more than our forcelimit, so we are paying additional for it, but our empire is too great not to have these additional men. Also, our navy has 24 vessels, and can have up to 29. We have 5 transports, 3 large vessels, and the rest are smaller vessels. We use them to patrol our colonies to keep them safe from Pirates, protect our trade interests, and explore.

We are currently allied with Hedjaz, and Qara Qoyunlu. Adal is our Protectorate and Yemen our vassal.

We have royal marriages with Yemen, Qara Qoyunlu, Adal, Gujarat, and Hedjaz.

Kilwa has us listed as a rival.