Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #501
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I may have missed something but is it possible St, Cronin didn't receive a message because bulltsponge is his faction leader but was jailed?

I think he already denied that to tbe the case (FWIW).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #502
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I may have missed something but is it possible St, Cronin didn't receive a message because bulltsponge is his faction leader but was jailed?

No. I would not have said anything if that were the case.

Also, I'm loath to point this out, because it will make it easier for folks to jail me, but the players who seemed to get the same message as me night 0 - I don't have high confidence in any of them. For one thing, there are TOO MANY of them.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #503
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I see. As usual you are most suspicious of people who post most, when in almost every game the wolves are the people who don't post - at all. What do you think you learned from this mysterious post I made last night? And which post is it?

Two things, i am not suspicious of hoopsguy and some of the other high posters. In fact, i generally like to keep talkative players around. You just sparked my interest in a couple, not one exact, when you were discussing who you trusted and why. Last game i was suspicious of alan for his comments, and he turned out to be bad. I suspect hoopsguy because they voted together basically every day. I did not suspect these two for talking too much, but actually comments made that sparked my interest. Im not saying i know your bad like i did alan last game, only that your my top suspect right now. I dont have any strong feelings about you, its just that i have even less about everyone else. If i really felt i had something, i would be crusading. Im not....
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #504
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Two things, i am not suspicious of hoopsguy and some of the other high posters. In fact, i generally like to keep talkative players around. You just sparked my interest in a couple, not one exact, when you were discussing who you trusted and why. Last game i was suspicious of alan for his comments, and he turned out to be bad. I suspect hoopsguy because they voted together basically every day. I did not suspect these two for talking too much, but actually comments made that sparked my interest. Im not saying i know your bad like i did alan last game, only that your my top suspect right now. I dont have any strong feelings about you, its just that i have even less about everyone else. If i really felt i had something, i would be crusading. Im not....

I have said I don't trust anybody. That's suspicious?

knives out
Old 09-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #505
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes, highly
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #506
st.cronin
General Manager

I see. Then, when I am a wolf, I will announce that all the wolves are in my trust list, and you can help me lynch all the villagers.

knives out
Old 09-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #507
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I see. Then, when I am a wolf, I will announce that all the wolves are in my trust list, and you can help me lynch all the villagers.

No, its just that every good villager should trust at least 1 person entirely(their faction leader). I trust mine entirely, and others have stated as much as well.

You stating this is key:
Quote:

Every villager fully trusts one person AT LEAST. You claim none...now you will certainly say you just didnt mention him, and have in other posts, but for now that claim has you as my top suspect. I told you, im not set. Im only voting to jail you, not kill you. But for now its my best reason
Demotivation
Old 09-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #508
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
No, its just that every good villager should trust at least 1 person entirely(their faction leader). I trust mine entirely, and others have stated as much as well.

You stating this is key:

Every villager fully trusts one person AT LEAST. You claim none...now you will certainly say you just didnt mention him, and have in other posts, but for now that claim has you as my top suspect. I told you, im not set. Im only voting to jail you, not kill you. But for now its my best reason

Good lord.

Well, I'm more or less convinced that you are a wildly misguided villager, because no wolf would come up with such a stupid reason for not trusting somebody.

Unvote Jail Blade

Vote Jail Fouts

Another one who has been uncharacteristically quiet.

knives out
Old 09-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #509
Fouts
College Starter

Wow, lot has happened today. I'm trying to take it all in, but I want to get this out there. I'm taking Brian at his word.

vote free bullet
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #510
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok just caught up

DC dont worry about missing some post. i usually skim anyways. once i catch up im more careful about reading most.

also im glad some sanity is coming into the game and yall seem to be voting to release me. when i first started reading i though for sure i would be dead tonight, but the lynch happy among you have put your knifes away
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #511
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Good lord.

Well, I'm more or less convinced that you are a wildly misguided villager, because no wolf would come up with such a stupid reason for not trusting somebody.

Unvote Jail Blade

Vote Jail Fouts

Another one who has been uncharacteristically quiet.

Nah, its just my regular schedule. I'm a west coaster, so I am on from the afternoon until late at night around here.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #512
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I have asked Barkeep to remove me from the game. It's not fair to my teammates if I half-ass read anything posted on here and it seems I have costed them the game.
Can you clarify, at least a little? It might be important.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #513
WVUFAN
College Starter

You'll see me hanging around here, but I'm trying to get over being pissed at this being in a new forum, plus I'm at work. So don't take my meandering around without posting as a bad thing, just me being really distracted.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:28 PM   #514
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i cant vote today, hopefully i can get freed and vote tomorow
Old 09-27-2006, 03:28 PM   #515
Fouts
College Starter

And FWIW Dodgerchick, we already had you connected with somebody from yesterday. Strange, huh?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:33 PM   #516
RealDeal
High School Varsity

unvote execute bulletsponge
vote no execution

I'm willing to take Brian D's word enough to get bullet off the hangman's noose, but if we completely free him right away, if we are wrong, it will take two whole days to get him back to an execution.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #517
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, I'm very curious who you think are the "too many players" that are connected with your faction. I've got you linked with two other people, with perhaps a 3rd person as your faction leader - assuming they are not posting in the code they provided.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #518
Lorena
Unregistered

Well, it's obvious ya'll know who I'm connected with, whether that's good or not, I don't know. Good for the nobles as a whole maybe, but for an individual faction win, probably not. The chance he might get jailed tonight with the possiblity of getting killed is something that'll stay with me for a while and that's why I said, "I might have costed us the game" or whatever the hell I wrote. I'm usually very careful with my posts and re-read before posting, but that was a premature click of the mouse.

I might need to take a break for a little bit, it just makes it difficult when I'm taking notes and have a 2 year old crying in the living room because of something, then I get distracted with something else, come back and I have several pages to catch up on.

That is all, sorry to have derailed the game for a little bit.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:48 PM   #519
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Cronin, I'm very curious who you think are the "too many players" that are connected with your faction. I've got you linked with two other people, with perhaps a 3rd person as your faction leader - assuming they are not posting in the code they provided.

So, you are sure there are at least 4 in every faction? I'm going to have to look closer, because I can only see a connect between 2-3 people per faction.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:48 PM   #520
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Really, who do you think is the faction leader?

knives out
Old 09-27-2006, 03:48 PM   #521
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think that there is some value in publishing a "public trust list". This would represent my trust list at the moment, excluding the people in my own faction.

For now, BrianD/Bulletsponge would be in this, as we have established clear linkage between them through Brian's actions. If one if found to be guilty (and I would recommend testing BrianD first if/when we get to that point) then the other one is the next execution.

Should I go on down this path with additional names, or are people worried about being publicly linked?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:48 PM   #522
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I want to see Brian say Bullet is in his faction. I see his action, and a lot of supposition by us, but Brian himself is saying nothing else.

Are you kidding me? I copied Hoops' whole post about why he thinks it would be good for a teammate of Bullet to make him self known and then I vote to free him. Was that too subtle?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #523
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
unvote execute bulletsponge
vote no execution

I'm willing to take Brian D's word enough to get bullet off the hangman's noose, but if we completely free him right away, if we are wrong, it will take two whole days to get him back to an execution.

umm give me 1 half decent reason why you think im a
Old 09-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #524
st.cronin
General Manager

I see connections between players, but I don't know which of those connections to trust.

knives out
Old 09-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #525
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Are you kidding me? I copied Hoops' whole post about why he thinks it would be good for a teammate of Bullet to make him self known and then I vote to free him. Was that too subtle?

Old 09-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #526
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
This would represent my trust list at the moment, excluding the people in my own faction.

Should I go on down this path with additional names, or are people worried about being publicly linked?

I think these 2 parts say it all. It comes across as saying you want to try and out the other factions, so the bad guys can kill them off, while leaving your own little group en route to a victory.

Id say if you want to reveal, feel free..just include your own faction.
Demotivation
Old 09-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #527
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, I don't know who the faction leader is, unless they have posted following the same formula that they PM'd your faction to use as an identifier.

Fouts: I have three people in the "strange" faction who have also seemed to back each other in the thread. So the question for me is if the faction leader is one of those three people or are they just observing their faction? I would love to know the answer to this as it would probably help understand how many factions are in the game. But I respect the need for privacy within that faction on at least something.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #528
SnDvls
Pro Starter

VOTE NO EXECUTION
JAIL ST. CRONIN
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #529
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll just say this: As I understood the clue we were supposed to drop, NOBODY did it right. 5 people came close, more or less.

knives out
Old 09-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #530
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
For now, BrianD/Bulletsponge would be in this, as we have established clear linkage between them through Brian's actions. If one if found to be guilty (and I would recommend testing BrianD first if/when we get to that point) then the other one is the next execution.

I love this. I give you the information you are looking for and I get to be the one to test first. You won't have to worry about the test. When we finally do get an execution in, you should notice an extra half point for me getting my mate out of jail.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #531
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
dola

As for Blade, he didn't really get involved in the game til after hoops fingered him. Somewhat uncharacteristic. And I don't know that hoops initial suspicions were ever cleared up, were they?

Quote:
I think these 2 parts say it all. It comes across as saying you want to try and out the other factions, so the bad guys can kill them off, while leaving your own little group en route to a victory.

Id say if you want to reveal, feel free..just include your own faction.

Blade, I'll leave it up to others to piece together my faction membership.

By posting my public trust list, it doesn't mean I'm right about the memberships. But it does make it easier for me to frame a conversation and leaves information for others if I find myself killed overnight.

I want the victory in this game, but I would rather achieve it through good voting than by trying to tear down other factions. If you think the latter is my goal then I'm not doing a very good job of explaining myself here.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #532
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Be cool, Brian. No reason to get in a huff. I don't have time to read every bit of quoted material, and must have forgotten the connection there. I thought hoops had just convinced on bullet.

VOTE NO EXECUTION

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #533
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

By posting my public trust list, it doesn't mean I'm right about the memberships. But it does make it easier for me to frame a conversation and leaves information for others if I find myself killed overnight.

I want the victory in this game, but I would rather achieve it through good voting than by trying to tear down other factions. If you think the latter is my goal then I'm not doing a very good job of explaining myself here.

Then id say feel free to post your public trust lists, your faction excluded. You can just expect a similar one from me, so if your fine with that then feel free to proceed.
Demotivation
Old 09-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #534
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'll just say this: As I understood the clue we were supposed to drop, NOBODY did it right. 5 people came close, more or less.

for Blade: I am not including myself in that count.

knives out
Old 09-27-2006, 03:57 PM   #535
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That is ok, the rest of us picked up on your clue.

I could be wrong about that, but I've got you linked with two others. We'll find out at the end if that was right.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:57 PM   #536
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

LOL, too funny.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #537
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Be cool, Brian. No reason to get in a huff. I don't have time to read every bit of quoted material, and must have forgotten the connection there. I thought hoops had just convinced on bullet.

VOTE NO EXECUTION

Sorry, I am still pissed that we got moved to our own forum. Didn't mean to take it out on you.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:59 PM   #538
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

How about posting a trusted list w/o placing people in there respected factions? That way we can see who is left out.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:59 PM   #539
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I love this. I give you the information you are looking for and I get to be the one to test first. You won't have to worry about the test. When we finally do get an execution in, you should notice an extra half point for me getting my mate out of jail.

Brian, I would expect that voting totals will get us to a point where we do not need to test this with executions. And posting the information puts you in a trusted list (which is noted in my post).

That said, if we are late in the game and need to test between you two, I would test you first because you are the one vouching for the other player. If you came up as an assassin, then Bullet is certainly an assassin. If we tested Bullet first and he came up as a noble, it would not completely exonerate you.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #540
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Since I am running low on time...

Unvote Jail st.cronin
Jail Qwikshot

Feel free to let me know if I missed a faction tell there.

Something to keep in mind, should we worry that the assassins have created their own (probably obvious) tell to make us think they are in a noble faction?
Old 09-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #541
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Unvote Jail st.cronin
Jail Qwikshot

Something to keep in mind, should we worry that the assassins have created their own (probably obvious) tell to make us think they are in a noble faction?

I have worried about this as well.

knives out
Old 09-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #542
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
for Blade: I am not including myself in that count.

Im aware of that...its likely one or two are in my faction, but i cant be sure. Our faction leader has not taken the same approach the others have, as he has given us actual messages instead of a code to use. Therefore i have had a far tougher time locating my allies then most it appears. I tried to create a code from our day 1 message, but no one responded to it so id imagine i failed. Today, someone posted something similar to our leaders message, but im still very much hoping for a break in finding my team members. As such, i understand your feelings about your problems locating allies.
Demotivation
Old 09-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #543
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Sorry guys. Had a crazy day at work yesterday then I hurt my knee during a softball game at night. Didn't really feel like reading all these posts in a WW game.

Did BK post the point totals? Or did I miss it in the rules somewhere that he won't be posting these?

Jail Lathum

I'm not sure if he is an assasin or not but I have better reads on other players who I feel are nobles.

in response to this it seems pretty odd. King does nothing on day one ( for reasons stated above) then pops in and votes to jail me.

What really strikes me as odd is he says he didn't read all the posts then states he has better reads on other players, how does that make any sense since he himself said he didn't read the posts. Seems way to random and sneaky.

VOTE JAIL KINGFC22

i hope you knee is ok
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #544
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

Unvote Jail st.cronin
Jail Qwikshot

Thats who I voted for yesterday, and I'm considering it again. If people were trying to find their faction members, he hasn't helped them out.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:04 PM   #545
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Brian, I would expect that voting totals will get us to a point where we do not need to test this with executions. And posting the information puts you in a trusted list (which is noted in my post).

That said, if we are late in the game and need to test between you two, I would test you first because you are the one vouching for the other player. If you came up as an assassin, then Bullet is certainly an assassin. If we tested Bullet first and he came up as a noble, it would not completely exonerate you.

Fair enough, it was just odd to see my vouching puting me in a worse place. Like you said, we shouldn't get to the point where execution testing is necessary. I can't speak for our next jailing/execution, but I expect a little vindication from this one. As it is, it wouldn't surprise me if I got myself killed by speaking out like this. We'll see what happens.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:05 PM   #546
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry, I am still pissed that we got moved to our own forum. Didn't mean to take it out on you.

No prob. I certainly understand being pissed at the forum thing.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #547
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
How about posting a trusted list w/o placing people in there respected factions? That way we can see who is left out.

I can do that, but I think it would be fairly transparent what the linkage is for some people.

Complete Trust: my faction
Moderate Trust: BrianD, Cronin, Player X, Player Y, Bulletsponge

So if I now put names around Player X and Player Y would people assume that I'm trusting them with BrianD/Bullet or with Cronin?

If/when the trust list gets bigger I think this non-linking concept may have more value.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #548
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Im aware of that...its likely one or two are in my faction, but i cant be sure. Our faction leader has not taken the same approach the others have, as he has given us actual messages instead of a code to use. Therefore i have had a far tougher time locating my allies then most it appears. I tried to create a code from our day 1 message, but no one responded to it so id imagine i failed. Today, someone posted something similar to our leaders message, but im still very much hoping for a break in finding my team members. As such, i understand your feelings about your problems locating allies.

Well, at least it isn't an obvious tell, so everyone jumps on board your faction.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #549
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Thats who I voted for yesterday, and I'm considering it again. If people were trying to find their faction members, he hasn't helped them out.

I didn't have any specific reason for the vote as there are a bunch of people I haven't put on factions, but I'm taking a shot and seeing if we learn anything from it.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:08 PM   #550
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'd like to be more productive in my posts today, but I'm kinda behind the 8 ball. With my former self, Bek, not posting it doesn't allow me to be in anyone's public "trusted" group, however I have identified members in my faction so that is one thing I have going for me, I guess.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote