https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:18 PM   #702
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Go along with hoops? In what way?
Despite initially focusing on blade, hoops decided at some point in day 1 that he was probably OK and moved on to other targets. So if st.cronin is deciding not to go after Blade, then he is going along with hoops.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #703
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
god I must totally be lost.

maybe it's because I jumped in at page 9 and took over someone's role or that I'm really overthinking the whole points thing.

I haven't noticed any slip ups/hints/clues ect.

either I'm too dense in this game or too lost

Things that have been mentioned:
* Ellipses in posts
* The word "strange"
* Italics in posts (which I don't think was serious)

Plus there was the obvious fishing expedition yesterday afternoon by st.cronin which appeared to get a submission by DodgerChick (and, subsequently, she withdrew from the game in remorse). If there were additional folks playing along with it, there was nothing that registered with me, so I hope I didn't miss one of my compatriots.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 09-28-2006, 04:23 PM   #704
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I don't recall seeing anybody claiming DC as a sister... did I miss anything, or did that just pass without comment?

Old 09-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #705
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
It's possible for them to score a major victory without successfully killing anyone, but impossible to do that without attempting to kill someone. To score a major victory, they need to nail a fast-talker, then maneuver the execution of that fast-talker's faction leader (now with said fast-talker's assistance, which has some value especially depending on how many are in the faction to begin with).

Isn't it possible for the assassins to win with a revolt (which involves no killing)?

Quote:
Causing a Revolt
After the first execution a point total will be revealed. If the assassins achieves that point total, they will have disrupted the gathering so much that the public will lose faith in the Nobles’ ability to crown a king and will start to Revolt, leading to an Assassin victory.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #706
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yep, that would appear to be the case.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:39 PM   #707
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, I'm off to dinner with my staff in a few mintues and should be back around 7 ish or so. In the meantime, I want to explore a couple of things,

Namely:

1) Theories on why there was no kill tonight. I want to hear from more people than the few who have already spoke on this issue - new people and such.

2) Anybody who thinks we shouldn't off Qwik tonight.

If you fall into one of these categories, then step right up.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:46 PM   #708
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Things that have been mentioned:
* Ellipses in posts
* The word "strange"
* Italics in posts (which I don't think was serious)

Plus there was the obvious fishing expedition yesterday afternoon by st.cronin which appeared to get a submission by DodgerChick (and, subsequently, she withdrew from the game in remorse). If there were additional folks playing along with it, there was nothing that registered with me, so I hope I didn't miss one of my compatriots.

okay I will say I noticed those, after they were pointed out, and after I joined the game, but as I read the first 9 pages they didn't just stick out at me.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #709
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
2) Anybody who thinks we shouldn't off Qwik tonight.

If you fall into one of these categories, then step right up.

only thing I can see is due to the revolt that has been mentioned. However, with no one stepping up to claim Qwik in their faction or vouch for him it seems he might be an assassian.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:53 PM   #710
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just a note in case anyone is suspicious: Sndvls did not recieve the previous night's message until just now as I had sent it the wrong direction.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:53 PM   #711
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Anxiety-

I voted to leave qwik jailed for now, I'm not vouching for him I am just unsure of where to go with him so I am trying to take nuetral ground by leaving him in prison for now.

IMO if he is an assasin we can lynch him in a day or so when we will have more points to go on. I still am a little confused about the points system but it seems we may get more info by waiting a little longer to execute someone.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #712
SnDvls
Pro Starter

hoops you seem to have a good grasp of this game and the points. I'm sure you've done a breakdown on an "assumed" point total for some people. What would you say is the chance that a noble is crowned king if qwik is killed today?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:56 PM   #713
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Just a note in case anyone is suspicious: Sndvls did not recieve the previous night's message until just now as I had sent it the wrong direction.

bk sent you a PM back some confusion on it.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #714
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Check again.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:09 PM   #715
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Check again.

got it now thanks
Old 09-28-2006, 05:13 PM   #716
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Isn't it possible for the assassins to win with a revolt (which involves no killing)?

He mentioned a major victory, but you're also correct about this.

However, I think it's a questionable strategy; the assassins have to think there's at least one fast-talker out there to be converted (opening the major victory), and the more nobles fall, the greater weight their own votes carry, plus the closer they get to a parity victory. I don't think it ever makes sense for the killing side in one of these games to not attempt a kill, except in the cases where they have an alternate, non-kill action.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:15 PM   #717
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
What would you say is the chance that a noble is crowned king if qwik is killed today?

I'm not hoops, but I do have a strong opinion on this: while the points system is devised to encourage "good" voting, I think it's highly unlikely that it would be structured such that the game could end on the third vote of the game.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:19 PM   #718
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
1) Theories on why there was no kill tonight. I want to hear from more people than the few who have already spoke on this issue - new people and such.

What do you want to hear that you haven't already heard?

The possible reasons for no kill on a night are:
* Attempt on someone protected
* Attempt on a fast talker, who is converted as a result
* Attempt by the guy that results in a kill in the next night instead of this one
* Plant evidence in lieu of an attempt
* No action

Are you looking for arguments for or against the last? I've already posted mine, and I'd assume I'm not one of the "usual suspects", but I'll reiterate that I think this is unlikely. I think we have a combination of two out of the previous four, so we should be strongly considering the possibility that someone has been turned.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:20 PM   #719
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I want to get this done now. I'm still wavering about who to jail.

VOTE EXECUTE

Old 09-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #720
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not hoops, but I do have a strong opinion on this: while the points system is devised to encourage "good" voting, I think it's highly unlikely that it would be structured such that the game could end on the third vote of the game.

then I'm really off on the rules.

it says a nobles minor victory is achieved if a noble is crowned king. would this not end the game if a noble is the point leader and qwik is killed today?
Old 09-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #721
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, just in case there's any doubt on Barkeep's part, despite there only being one person in jail right now,
VOTE EXECUTE qwikshot

Old 09-28-2006, 05:22 PM   #722
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
then I'm really off on the rules.

it says a nobles minor victory is achieved if a noble is crowned king. would this not end the game if a noble is the point leader and qwik is killed today?
You missed the part where there's a threshold point value that the factions need to make. The totals to achieve are by faction AFAIK, not by person.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #723
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
You missed the part where there's a threshold point value that the factions need to make. The totals to achieve are by faction AFAIK, not by person.

so there has to be a total point total reached first?
is this publicly known or in the rules or only by faction leaders?
or only by Barkeep?

again I didn't see it in these rules, nor play the first version of this game
Old 09-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #724
Blade6119
Coordinator

I dont know either way on qwikshot, and said i was trying to decide if my faction leader is telling me he is the sneaky noble or just guessing entirely. Either way we go on qwikshot, i dont think it hurts for me to cast my vote on grey. I have not seen him claimed by anyone either, so my message is enough for now:

VOTE JAIL GREYROOFOO
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #725
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Crowning the King
After the first execution a point total will be revealed. Once a faction achieves that point total they automatically crown their Noble Leader king, if he is not in jail.

Causing a Revolt
After the first execution a point total will be revealed. If the assassins achieves that point total, they will have disrupted the gathering so much that the public will lose faith in the Nobles’ ability to crown a king and will start to Revolt, leading to an Assassin victory.

This is the important bit. We find out what the point total is we're after once someone gets executed.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #726
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
This is the important bit. We find out what the point total is we're after once someone gets executed.

I took it as everyone's point total will be revealed and the "leader" is crowned king...I see now.
UNVOTE NO EXECUTE
EXECUTE QWIK
Old 09-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #727
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to be in and out (more liekly out), so here is my vote. It follows the quiet poster logic.

VOTE NO EXECUTION
VOTE JAIL GREYROOFOO

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #728
hoopsguy
General Manager

MrW just made the point that I was going to - we have to execute someone to learn about how many factions are in the game and what the current points are for each faction.

So if someone is willing to step up and claim Qwikshot, then I'll consider not voting to execute. But otherwise, we need to get some understanding of where we are at with points.

Qwik has had 24+ hours to come in and stand up for himself as well. If he is in line to be executed as a good guy he could at least share his perspective on the game, any special roles, whatever. Give us something to believe in if you are going out due to poor voting.

I'm planning to post quite a bit when I get home today after a very busy afternoon at the office.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:42 PM   #729
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is what I show for voting so far, as of Post #728 (please double-check these):

Qwikshot
Execute 6 -- LSG (618), BrianD (656), Real (657), Fouts (660), MrW (721), SnDvls (726)

Not Execute 3 -- Lathum (684), Cronin (690), Chief (727)

Free

JAIL VOTES
LSG 2 -- Hoopsguy (621), BrianD (656)
King 2 -- Lathum (625), Real (657), SnDvls (688)
Grey 2 -- Blade (724), Chief (727)
Anxiety 1 -- Cronin (650)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:43 PM   #730
Blade6119
Coordinator

VOTE EXECUTE QWIKSHOT

Hoops is right in one regard, we need to find out how amny factions we have and what kind of points there are. That should help us dramatically in figuring out some circles of trust.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #731
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
King 2 -- Lathum (625), Real (657), SnDvls (688)

Its been a busy day at work (with lots of drinking!)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #732
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so I just had a thought, in previous games people who have been quiet when there head was on the chopping block often have nothing to fear...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #733
Blade6119
Coordinator

I WANT TO REMIND ALL PLAYERS, THAT NOT CASTING BOTH A JAIL AND EXECUTE VOTE WILL LOSE YOUR TEAM POSTS...IT HAPPENED TO MORE THEN A FEW PEOPLE ON DAY 1, AND ALL VILLAGERS ARE HURT BY THIS. ONLY ASSASINS WANT US MISSING VOTES.
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #734
Blade6119
Coordinator

lose your team points*
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 05:55 PM   #735
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

What do you want to hear that you haven't already heard?

The possible reasons for no kill on a night are:
* Attempt on someone protected
* Attempt on a fast talker, who is converted as a result
* Attempt by the guy that results in a kill in the next night instead of this one
* Plant evidence in lieu of an attempt
* No action

Are you looking for arguments for or against the last? I've already posted mine, and I'd assume I'm not one of the "usual suspects", but I'll reiterate that I think this is unlikely. I think we have a combination of two out of the previous four, so we should be strongly considering the possibility that someone has been turned.

It helps me to get a handle on everybody if they all discuss stuff. That's what I'm looking for. The more rope you give people, the more likely they are to be tied in knots on a bed after having kinky sex.

Wait, wrong analogy

Old 09-28-2006, 05:56 PM   #736
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
It helps me to get a handle on everybody if they all discuss stuff. That's what I'm looking for. The more rope you give people, the more likely they are to be tied in knots on a bed after having kinky sex.

Wait, wrong analogy

This, coupled with your i love you thread, is starting to worry me.
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 05:56 PM   #737
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Assassins "lose" points as well in the sense that their faction gains points. Just want to point out that it does cut both ways.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:57 PM   #738
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, without further info, I'm going to do this:

Vote Jail Greyroofoo

Same reason as last night when I voted for him.

Vote No Execute

Let's let Qwik rot for a night and get more info later.

These votes are subject to change.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:57 PM   #739
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
This, coupled with your i love you thread, is starting to worry me.

You know, I really do enjoy your presence Blade. Don't ever leave FOFC

Old 09-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #740
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
You know, I really do enjoy your presence Blade. Don't ever leave FOFC

First time I read this post, I thought it said *Don't ever leave me.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #741
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
First time I read this post, I thought it said *Don't ever leave me.

When i read it, i instantly imagined the scene in Wedding Crashers when the younger sister threatens vince vaughn about leaving her while shes attending to his cut. Especially since she tied him to the bed later.

Is it wrong that anxiety reminds me of her in this sense?

I love you too
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 06:07 PM   #742
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola, I don't recall seeing anybody claiming DC as a sister... did I miss anything, or did that just pass without comment?

DC strongly tied herself to cronin. Cronin for the most part has avoided the subject, becuase unlike yesterday he doesnt have pressure upon himself.
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #743
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
DC strongly tied herself to cronin. Cronin for the most part has avoided the subject, becuase unlike yesterday he doesnt have pressure upon himself.

Maybe he has a fear of commitment?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #744
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
When i read it, i instantly imagined the scene in Wedding Crashers when the younger sister threatens vince vaughn about leaving her while shes attending to his cut. Especially since she tied him to the bed later.

Is it wrong that anxiety reminds me of her in this sense?

I love you too

Yeah, that chick was hot, but I don't think that was her naked body in the sex scene.

"Don't ever leave me! Good, cause I'd fiiiiinnnnnd you."
Old 09-28-2006, 06:14 PM   #745
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Maybe he has a fear of commitment?

To me it either means he was under pressure and another assasin came to his aid, and now that they are in danger they are laying low. Or it means that they share a faction and really were trying to share code.

DC leaving confused me heavily, as i didnt see some big mistake she made, so i dont know what to think of st. cronin.
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 06:16 PM   #746
Blade6119
Coordinator

We have a tie for jailing right now...execute is seemingly a foregone conclusion now, but in regards to jailing some people need to start picking one or the other(king or grey)
Demotivation
Old 09-28-2006, 06:23 PM   #747
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Let's do an official vote tally

Execution
Quote:
Lonestargirl Execute qwikshot

BrianD execute qwikshot
RealDeal execute qwikshot
Fouts execute qwikshot
Lathum no execution

st.cronin no execution qwikshot
Mr. Wednesday execute qwikshot
Sndvls execute qwikshot
Chief Rum no execution
Blade6119 execute qwikshot
Anxiety no execution
Execute 7 - lonestar, brian, real, fouts, mr. wednesday, sndvls, blade
No Execute 4 - lathum, st.cronin, chief, anxiety

No votes: bullet, grey, hoops, king, ntn, wvu

Jail
Quote:
Hoopsguy lonestar
Lathum kingfc
st.cronin anxiety
BrianD lonestar
RealDeal kingfc
Sndvls kingfc
Blade6119 greyroofoo
Chief Rum greyroofoo
Anxiety greyroofoo
Anxiety 1 - st.cronin
Grey 3 - blade, chief, anxiety
King 3 - lathum, real, sndvls
Lonestar 2 - hoops, brian

NO votes - bullet, fouts, grey, king, lonestar, mr. w, ntn, wvu
Old 09-28-2006, 06:36 PM   #748
Fouts
College Starter

I'm waiting for more information from people on the block.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #749
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Don't know if I think Grey is assassin material or not. however I am willing to be led today at least.
Vote Jail Grey
Vote No Execution
If for no other reason, than it will let me vote for execution tomorrow.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #750
st.cronin
General Manager

Unvote Jail Anxiety
Vote Jail Lonestargirl

I'd prefer not to see grey jailed.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote