Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2011, 03:56 AM   #4051
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And you'll have to ask Narcizo and Eaglefan about that whole middle seciton with the fake reveals. That was all them . It was crazy but it kinda worked hahahaha. The whole double detective thing was HIGH-larious. In any case, what they did was delay their executions for a day and escalated the body count for Autumn
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:07 AM   #4052
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
This was a game of mistakes. We thought that CF could transfer the same ability to Autumn or he would have stayed around another day or so. Once we saw that Autumn couldn't use that ability we thought we were screwed, especially when that was the day that I screwed up the the premature reveal. I was convinced that bug had scanned me and was waiting for me to vote that I figued I would go on the offensive since first reveal usually wins. I had little time to be on the site that day and had to make a quick decision and went with it.

The use of A detective was actually from a wolf PM when I tossed out the idea of a fake reveal (saw that I was already the early leader in votes). A response I received was s suggestion to say that I was a detective. I thought maybe I missed that there may be multiple detectives so I went with a instead of the. I obviously couldn't say that when I was asked why I said a.

Then when sun was killed it says the detective in the writeup. I was waiting for someone to bring that up but no one did.

It was amusing to see the village lynch their claimed seer and bodyguard.

I noticed that and IMMEDIATELY sent a note to abe about it. He changed it immediately to read A detective and then changed the death post too to remove all the "THE"'s. The only one I saw online other than you EF was Jackal who I was hoping didn't catch it.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 AM   #4053
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Great work Autumn. Lucky you're running the next game or it wouldn't be a long one for you.

I found it pretty frustrating that people were on me because of my participation when I just didn't have the time and then because of my voting record. I wanted to shout "But I've voted a wolf two days in a row!"

I was converted night one, I converted Crimson night three and he switched with Autumn on night four. I think had I converted night two and got a different role we would have got another conversion but I was too rushed to think along those lines. I was hoping my votes on Eagle would look good for one of us, especially him, when the other died but Bug put the dampner on that.

Great NK choices Autumn - I think you got them spot on.

I think you guys should be a bit more forgiving of mau - I actually think not revealing on day four was the right move, as it turns out. From my point of view getting the BG to reveal was the optimum result of my reveal, followed by getting Bug lynched. We actually thought it was Hoops after Gramma died. Admittedly then revealing on day six wasn't the best move in the world but everyone makes mistakes.

I think the game was probably weighted a bit too much in the favour of the wolves - the shareshifter role in particular had a lot of potential to wreck havoc and someone else with my three vote package would be deadly. Especially as I could turn it off (as I did when I voted Eagle).

Great game though Abe.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:46 AM   #4054
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I think THE key thing you did wrong Zinto was leaving the thread toward deadline when people were accusing you. You should have just calmly refuted it and pointed out people that were changing to you. Disappearing makes people think you are wolfy.

Personally I was very happy he did that.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:49 AM   #4055
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I think most of the item were red herrings myself. I think it's hilarious that I invented the legend of the "double vote" item that I had. hehehe. That legend lasted until endgame.

Yeah I almost posted at one point on that-people were talking about it so much and you had never said it was definitely a +1 vote item, you just thought it was, and people were holding on to it like it was the gospel truth.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #4056
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Great work Autumn. Lucky you're running the next game or it wouldn't be a long one for you.

I found it pretty frustrating that people were on me because of my participation when I just didn't have the time and then because of my voting record. I wanted to shout "But I've voted a wolf two days in a row!"

I was converted night one, I converted Crimson night three and he switched with Autumn on night four. I think had I converted night two and got a different role we would have got another conversion but I was too rushed to think along those lines. I was hoping my votes on Eagle would look good for one of us, especially him, when the other died but Bug put the dampner on that.

Great NK choices Autumn - I think you got them spot on.

I think you guys should be a bit more forgiving of mau - I actually think not revealing on day four was the right move, as it turns out. From my point of view getting the BG to reveal was the optimum result of my reveal, followed by getting Bug lynched. We actually thought it was Hoops after Gramma died. Admittedly then revealing on day six wasn't the best move in the world but everyone makes mistakes.

I think the game was probably weighted a bit too much in the favour of the wolves - the shareshifter role in particular had a lot of potential to wreck havoc and someone else with my three vote package would be deadly. Especially as I could turn it off (as I did when I voted Eagle).

Great game though Abe.

I was very surprised they converted you Narc-with your availability and having to leave way before deadline, I thought you'd be too much of a liability to take on as a Servant. Maybe that's why they did it because everybody would be thinking that. Or not. Kudos to MrBug for the scan on you even though it shouldn't have been the scan target for that day given what was going on in the game at the time.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:57 AM   #4057
Thomkal
Head Coach

I thought the items were fairly useless this game. Losing the ability to pass them to a role, and no tinkerer in the game to tell us what they really did made it hard to use them, let alone pass them to people. And with the Servants gathering up all the items from the dead, the village didn't get much chance to use them anyway. So I held on to my starting scroll of wrath, and was very pleased that I got the chance to use it, let me tell you.

But other than that, was there any item successful used against a Servant the whole rest of the game? Any item that really helped the Lightbringers?
Old 10-15-2011, 06:46 AM   #4058
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yes that was the exact answer I was expecting-that he either watched the conversion take place last night, or saw MrBug somehow change after his magic number kicked in on his conversion chance with his scans.

Now if someone else comes out today and claims detective my head might blow up.

unvote eaglefan
vote mrbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I can vouch for doing nothing suspicious on whatever night EF chose to view me

This explanation is about as good as it gets, from a Lightbringer perspective. It suggests that we can value MrBug's scans for the first three days and provides us a wolf.

I'm still anxious about wolves getting 2 kills + conversion last night. I would feel much better about this if someone said that they had initiated a villager kill. But absent that info coming forward, I guess it comes down to believing EFs explanation.

If we lynch Bug, and he is shown to be villager/Lightbringer/seer, then we can move ahead with EF + Narcizo as wolves the next two days. But we would lose the seer in the process. Still, I think that is a trade that I would take.

I'm not 100% locked in, but I'm certainly starting with the idea of
VOTE MRBUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
And if I'm going to vote EF, that would mean Bug is telling the truth, in which cause I might as well vote Narc. lol

So I guess i have to vote Bug, as backwards as that feels.

vote mrbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
unvote Narcizo
vote MrBug

I don't see 2 scans in a night happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
This is enough for me

unvote eagle
vote bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
vote bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Sorry bug if you're telling the truth here, but the evidence is stacking up. Like someone said, if you go down and two wolves bite it, it's a fair trade.

unvote ef
vote bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
This game is AWESOME. I am laughing in my office and everybody is thinking I'm crazy!

Quote:
oh man that means we're off somewhere doesn't it Abe?

Quote:
sorry guys (and Bug) have to back track on this statement....just reread the PMs again.

unvote Bug

I'm growing more weary of EagleFan now

Quote:
vote eaglefan

If he's telling the truth we clear Narc and can lynch Bug

if he's lying we lynch Narc and clear Bug.

it's a 2 for 1 either way we look at it.

this would also change my "bad guys" list a bit too for those looking at it (though I doubt anyone is)

Abe, I advise you to never ever play poker with SnDvls. He can read your tells.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:49 AM   #4059
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Poor form EF, poor form. Awesome though.

Like YOU haven't claimed worse as a wolf. Pffffff!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #4060
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
The day is infinitely long. Time has slowed to the crawl of a snail as you discuss the life of another. Words ring hollow in your ears. Many people begin shouting and accusing. Unlike yesterday, you don't calm down and regain your composure.

You just feed off each other.

Each of you becomes more and more nervous. Life is the greatest gift we have. It's precious. It's weight is worth a thousand planets of gold. There are two timeless truths to existence. Life dies. But life lives.

Despite your desire to fight against the passing of time, the day marches on, and it is time. It is time to take away a life. But life lives.

After your deliberations are complete, you settle on the Adept. We all know Magic corrupts and he could have been corrupted to the Red Death. It is time. But life lives.

MrBug708 stands and gathers himself calmly. Although a moment ago he was fighting with spit and fire, now that he has been selected, the calm of the grave passes over. There is nothing left but dignity. Nothing but life. Because life lives.

The Flame is summoned and the tall pillar stands ready to accept your chosen one. With only a moment's hesitation, the Adept walks into the fire. The Flames enwrap his body and his spirit is set free before being burned. He was a Lightbringer and the Adept. He has died. But life lives.

You have killed the best of yourselves.

Day Five has ended. Night Five has begun and will end at 5 pm Sunday EST.

All I could think of after I read this post was:

Old 10-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #4061
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Great game, Abe.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #4062
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I became a wolf night 3 and I left that role behind night 4. I figured the best thing I could do as a wolf was cause more confusion, out the seer, then leave quickly before people start voting for me again (which they always do)

Now knowing that you looked like a villager when you died, it might have worked to stay around longer and get heat, at least if you could slide by getting lynched. Having someone everyone has been saying is a wolf suddenly turn up villager would have been great. As it is, everyone just moved on. It did confuse the issue of when the conversion happened, but I kept looking, wishing I could make something out of the belief that you were good.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #4063
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Questions:

dubb,
did you ACTUALLY intend to go after me the day after I died or was that a diversion.

dubb, did you actually intend to go after commo the night you said vote ccommo theree times or were you setting a trap. Zinto thought it was a total trap. Did you intend to go after Autumn or j23 instead? Or weren't you sure?

Autumn, did you think that was a trap? Is that why you killed dubb?

I absolutely thought killing dubb would get you killed autumn because j23 and commo were both saying autumn as a wolf, while dubb and commo were in a constant war. What do you guys think would have happened if dubb and commo were at the end?

I thought that it might very well be a trap, yes. Dubb suspected he had been left alive to go after Commo, so I figured he might have been overplaying that to survive the night, and then switch on me.

I also was 100% certain that if he was still alive, he would stop considering commo. He absolutely had to die, as far as I was concerned. I played it up differently in the thread, but I thought it very unlikely he would eventually vote Commo. So I wanted him dead before he could retract his statement ;-)
Old 10-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #4064
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
oh yeah autumn, did you consider any last second shenanigans?
That last day, you COULD have unvoted at the last second and left it a tie. Then both would have faced the flame so assuming one of them wouldn't survive.

That flame scared us. If ANY of the villagers had survived the flame I think the wolves would never have won espevcially on the last like 4 days.

I didn't consider unvoting at all. I didn't trust anybody's assumptions about the tie mechanism one bit. Would Abe have possibly flipped the tie mechanic from last game? Definitely.

I did think a lot about voting J23 at the last second, to keep Commo from having a chance with the light charm. I thought I should make it through the final challenge, with presumably no roles left, and me with a pack full of items. But I was worried that coming through the flame alive might give him some temporary power that would make it hard to night kill him, or beat him in the final challenge.

I was a bit worried that J23 might be holding a role up his sleeve. I was sure Commo would have copped to a role at this point, but if J23 had one that had proved useless he might have been trying to bait us into a final challenge, particularly if he was inventing the idea of a dark charm to bait the wolf. so I decided to kill him that night, just in case, and figured having the dark charm on me might help me in the final challenge.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #4065
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh, and also. I had *no idea* about the 1-1 rule. I had operated the entire game expecting to win if I could get that final lynch. when someone mentioned that the final day and i finally looked it up (I thought J23 was just talking shit) I almost crapped my pants.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #4066
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yeah I almost posted at one point on that-people were talking about it so much and you had never said it was definitely a +1 vote item, you just thought it was, and people were holding on to it like it was the gospel truth.

CF, you even had the wolves convinced on that one. I got your lantern, and Narc and EF both kept telling me it was your +1 vote item. I kept asking them how you could have known that. But they were a bit busy.

Waht did the lantern do, Abe?
Old 10-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #4067
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Now knowing that you looked like a villager when you died, it might have worked to stay around longer and get heat, at least if you could slide by getting lynched. Having someone everyone has been saying is a wolf suddenly turn up villager would have been great. As it is, everyone just moved on. It did confuse the issue of when the conversion happened, but I kept looking, wishing I could make something out of the belief that you were good.

I considered that VERY briefly. I revealed everything about my object and plans for my object etc and dubb and commo eventually withdrew votes and all seemed fine by evening. I actually thought about not shapeshifting...but this would have been a total surprise to EF for sure.

Plus I really didn't like the way dubb kept saying he was coming after me. I had gtotten pretty pissed and flustered by people thinking I looked wolfish for my thomkal/zinto voting weirdness. So I was really not wanting to risk it. Instead I thought escalating the bodycount as quickly as possible with the triple kill (raiders, me, dzilla) was the way to go. And then I thought you would TOO get that opportunity to get a triple kill night. I figured some other event would happen to help the wolves or you could shift again like I did. But something did eventually happen . The dark thing. So the brutal + the double night did make for an extra triple kill night.

Let the bodies hit the floor...
Old 10-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #4068
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I definitely agree about Mau, though obviously I didn't say anything in thread. I thought it was smart to not reveal - the seer was a nearly useless role really, and he was a very powerful one. I don't think he needed to reveal where he did, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal at all. I was surprised, but very relieved, that everyone jumped on him about that. I wasn't sure how I was ever going to manage to get rid of him. But once I saw how much heat he was getting I asked EF to kill Chief instead. I was more afraid of his item factory.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #4069
Autumn
Head Coach

At the time I thought EF made a mistake to go the detective route (especially after I read him saying "a detective" ouch). I wanted him to say he just had an item that had shown him something, we even invented one. But in the end it worked perfectly, since Sndvls was the only one who could have actually caught me redhanded.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #4070
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
CF, you even had the wolves convinced on that one. I got your lantern, and Narc and EF both kept telling me it was your +1 vote item. I kept asking them how you could have known that. But they were a bit busy.

Waht did the lantern do, Abe?

because they like the village don't really listen
It was called the Lantern of Substance. dubb actually had another one.
I had no idea what it did throughout the entire game. Early on I realized it might do something because Abe said I didn't have to USE it but it was always on. So I thought hmmmm...substance...could be an extra vote. So I tried testing this theory. I told this exact same story in the thread at least twice but everyone later just telephoned what I said into CF had a +1 item! It is unSTOPPABLE!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #4071
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh, and also. I had *no idea* about the 1-1 rule. I had operated the entire game expecting to win if I could get that final lynch. when someone mentioned that the final day and i finally looked it up (I thought J23 was just talking shit) I almost crapped my pants.

With the 1-1 thing AND the 20%-40% thing I disagree with narc's comment about the wolves having an edge. We were crapping our pants the last 4 days that any of these things would lose it for us.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #4072
Autumn
Head Coach

The game could definitely very easily gone the other way. One single survivor in the flame (before Commo) would have probably done me in. A blocked night kill, the same, from sheriff or item.

I think I played a good game (thanks CF), but really every wolf win counts on a lot of help from the village, and I got tons this time. MrBug just kept making himself look fishier, which was ironic given he had just caught a wolf and outed another one. That probably would have passed, but Hoops and Dubb pushing to vote him really legitimized things. It's funny how the village is always chasing itself in circles.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #4073
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I definitely agree about Mau, though obviously I didn't say anything in thread. I thought it was smart to not reveal - the seer was a nearly useless role really, and he was a very powerful one. I don't think he needed to reveal where he did, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal at all. I was surprised, but very relieved, that everyone jumped on him about that. I wasn't sure how I was ever going to manage to get rid of him. But once I saw how much heat he was getting I asked EF to kill Chief instead. I was more afraid of his item factory.

That decision was the turning point of the game...er...one of the many

I was surprised EF killed Chief and not mau because after that you had to play rock scissors paper with him. which you kicked ASS at!
But it also meant that you were never going to be able to kill him at night.

But like Bug, it seemed that having a role got you lynched. Abe, you have invented the perfect anti-reveal mechanism
Old 10-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #4074
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I asked EF to do that. Mau was deadly to EF, but with him gone i just had to worry about blocks. I felt pretty confident at the rock paper scissors, since I wasn't really concerned about whittling down the so called "trusted" list. The longer cleared or roled people sat around the more likely they were to get voted.

It also became pretty clear that Mauboy was going to get heat. As long as I could keep avoiding him getting a block, he would look worse and worse. I also figured if he did happen to block me, people would assume he was faking it.

Finally, I figured he was probably so desperate to save his rep that he was more likely to protect "villagers" than himself, so I thought at some point I could take a shot at him and get him.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #4075
Autumn
Head Coach

Abe, what would a dark charm have done for one of us? Just taint the flame, like we saw or did it have other uses?
Old 10-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #4076
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

and who knows autumn, if I'd have stayed in the shapeshifter a night or two longer, you might have made some actual bad votes during that time and made yourself look uberguilty.
or i could have gotten more heat the following day from you :P
Old 10-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #4077
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh by the way, can you give me my body back now? I hope you kept it clean.

Hey! that's right! I made it to endgame!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #4078
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Abe, I advise you to never ever play poker with SnDvls. He can read your tells.

and like my last post in that string....nobody was listening to me
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #4079
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
and like my last post in that string....nobody was listening to me

_I_ was listening! (and crapping my pants)
Old 10-15-2011, 10:01 AM   #4080
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I was trying so damn hard not to be a lynch/night kill candidate, despite getting cleared that it ended up killing me. Did you guys have an inkling that I was the sheriff before my great reveal. I wish I had waited ONE more day.

Last edited by mauchow : 10-15-2011 at 10:17 AM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #4081
Autumn
Head Coach

I had no clue you were the sheriff. We killed Grammaticus because we were assuming it was him. He had been gone most of the time that the whole Narc reveal had happened, so we figured he was just asleep at the wheel. If not, my second guess was Hoopsguy. He was the only one I figured who would be crafty enough to avoid revealing despite all the pressure, and he was making such a big deal about how the sheriff was messing up that I figured it might be cover.

I had no clue it might be you, and I think you did a fantastic job keeping that quiet, really. Though it got you lynched, not voting Narcizo kept it hidden. I think Grammaticus did vote Narcizo, which is another reason I figured it was him.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #4082
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

not ONE bit. I thought it was Autumn for sure but that was at a time after I was out of the game and was just sitting around with Zinto guessing. When EF and narc left the game they still had no idea who it was.

hoops was the guess I think. and Gramma obviously since he was the only one not on the day narc revealed as BG.

So in the end no one knew you were BG at all til you outted yourself. And after that no one really knew what the hell that was. I think you just confused everyone so much their head exploded because it didn't make sense for either a villager OR a wolf to reveal BG at that point since you were not on anybody's mind.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #4083
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Autumn, btw did EF pass along any of the analysis I did or anything? Or any of our convos or info? Just curious how things were when YOU started the wolf game.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #4084
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I had no clue you were the sheriff. We killed Grammaticus because we were assuming it was him. He had been gone most of the time that the whole Narc reveal had happened, so we figured he was just asleep at the wheel. If not, my second guess was Hoopsguy. He was the only one I figured who would be crafty enough to avoid revealing despite all the pressure, and he was making such a big deal about how the sheriff was messing up that I figured it might be cover.

I had no clue it might be you, and I think you did a fantastic job keeping that quiet, really. Though it got you lynched, not voting Narcizo kept it hidden. I think Grammaticus did vote Narcizo, which is another reason I figured it was him.

you would have know it was him if you had read my night actions post.

Gram, Hoops and Autumn were watched and all did nothing....unless you thought EF was "a detective"
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #4085
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
you would have know it was him if you had read my night actions post.

Gram, Hoops and Autumn were watched and all did nothing....unless you thought EF was "a detective"

True, but it seemed very possible Gram had missed a night order too, though I'm not sure we really thought about that, yo'ure right.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #4086
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Autumn, btw did EF pass along any of the analysis I did or anything? Or any of our convos or info? Just curious how things were when YOU started the wolf game.

I'm not sure I really got any analysis. They tried to catch me up briefly on what they were thinking, but by that time I had to hit the ground running trying to figure out what to do that morning with a seer on the loose and EF likely scanned.

Actually I think that's why I had so much fun as a wolf this game. When I came into the game it seemed utterly lost, so there was no pressure. Normally I get really anxious being a wolf, and this time I just figured anything i could make of it would be a bonus.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #4087
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This was very smart. My primary protection item--Charm Against Shapeshifters. If you had left me in the game and tried to NK me, it would have been game over.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #4088
Autumn
Head Coach

See, yeah, I knew there must have been one of those out there. I was more worried about what you might whip up, since it would get more and more likely one of those things would get used against me as the numbers decreased.

Would that charm have killed me if I attacked you?
Old 10-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #4089
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I had a lot of fun with this game and thanks Abe for running it.

I do think it's weighted lightly toward the wolves, though. There needed to be more transparency about the wolf roles, especially the Shapeshifter since you can't tell there's a conversion there when that happens. Also, what the items could do needed to be more available to those in possession of them if there is no Tinkerer in the game.

Congrats to the wolves and especially Autumn for a well played game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #4090
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
See, yeah, I knew there must have been one of those out there. I was more worried about what you might whip up, since it would get more and more likely one of those things would get used against me as the numbers decreased.

Would that charm have killed me if I attacked you?

I don't know, but I can't really say it would be good for you, no?

I actually asked Abe about it, because in my mind, a werecroc is a shapeshifter (shifts from human to crocodile and back), so why was EF able to kill me? I had thought I was protected from lycanthropes with that item.

Abe told me it protects me from shapeshifters. So that kinda confused me. He told me this after I died of course (when I asked), otherwise I might have put two and two together and made it publically known that we migth have a different sort of wolf role called a shapeshifter in the game.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #4091
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Abe mentioned a amulet of protection against shapeshifters right at the start.

I think the shapeshifter role is great but probably too powerful - luckily we didn't really use it to its full potential so that probably evened out.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #4092
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Abe mentioned a amulet of protection against shapeshifters right at the start.

I think the shapeshifter role is great but probably too powerful - luckily we didn't really use it to its full potential so that probably evened out.

I didn't see that, but even so, there needs to be that knowledge out there that lycanthrope =! shapeshifter. Because, really, a lycanthrope is by definition a shapeshifter.

I feel the more accurate term for the role Autumn had (or CF originally, whatever) was a doppleganger.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #4093
Autumn
Head Coach

I think the fact that the village got terrible dice rolls (what, 10 lynches with no survivors?) and didn't get much use out of any of its roles made it feel more weighted to the wolves. A couple of blocks, another scan or two, a villager surviving the flames, a Keeper killing a wolf at night, a lot of things could have made this a shutout for the village.

But i agree, knowing a bit more about the items might have helped.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #4094
hoopsguy
General Manager

I thought the balance seemed good, the villagers just didn't collectively bring an "A" game (or "B" game, or ... well, you get the point).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #4095
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the fact that the village got terrible dice rolls (what, 10 lynches with no survivors?) and didn't get much use out of any of its roles made it feel more weighted to the wolves. A couple of blocks, another scan or two, a villager surviving the flames, a Keeper killing a wolf at night, a lot of things could have made this a shutout for the village.

But i agree, knowing a bit more about the items might have helped.

While I don't like the combo of no Tinkerer and no info on what items do, I was more put off by the lack of transparency in the wolf roles. We really needed to know that the Shapeshifter was out there, for instance.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #4096
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

That's not to say it was massively unbalanced. It was actually pretty well balanced considering all the stuff involved in the game. Abe should be commended for what he did accomplish, because I don't know that anyone could foresee needing some of this before actually playing the game.

Now having played t a game in the ruleset, though, I highly recommend to Abe on the next go around for this set, if there is one, that he make the wolf roles public.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #4097
MrBug708
Head Coach

I had a sprig of garlic, which I assumed was protection from vampires
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #4098
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess my view of things is colored by the big wolves dying so fast. Zinto was pretty damn powerful.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #4099
MrBug708
Head Coach

Oh and what happened with the two scans on one day is that Abe accidently copied and pasted my role as a vanilla lightbringer. On the first night he asked if I was going to do anything and I said no, thinking I was gonna keep my garlic. On the second day, I asked what I could possibly do with my garlic (hidden action) and he said I couldn't do anything with it, the only thing I could is use adept. I went, "I have adept?" So for the error, he allowed my two night 2 scans, the first one without the chance of corruption, which is why I kept clarifying over Jackal.

That kept my enthusiasm on the game on a lower level and screwed up my voting early on and didn't play catch up on the posts like I should have

Last edited by MrBug708 : 10-15-2011 at 02:00 PM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #4100
Autumn
Head Coach

I figured it must be something like that, MrBug, and I tried not to press you on that once you clarified a bit.