Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-02-2003, 12:30 PM   #1
ausonny
High School Varsity

The Bees - Season 20

Intro
We had a disappointing end to the season last year, losing our qualifier 4-3 in the best game of hattrick I’ve ever been a part of. We were down by 3 goals, but almost managed a comeback. They were able to put up an outstanding attack in the middle and on one side, which I feel we could have overcome, but our 62% possession translated to 40% of the attacks. I managed to resist the urge to transfer list the starting midfield.

Oh well.

I feel we are the favorites to win it again this year, and I’ll be making some improvements to the depth of the team, which will hopefully allow us to go deeper into the cup this year. Last year I had to PIC my match with Ardent’s Raiders in the cup in the 4th round, this year I’d like to make it to the 5th.

There are 2 new Bees for those who’ve been reading, and 2 who have moved on. Alvin Sheldon and ‘Ula’ Eck brought in 620k, which was used to buy Alvin’s 18 year old replacement Seppo Jaatinen and our first excellent rated striker, Eddie Bohskog.

The Stadium
We have a new 35,000 seat stadium. We should be filling it before too long. Even as I was confirming the construction I knew it was too large for the beginning of the year. I hope it will be right for next year, but this was probably a waste of money.

Oh well.

The Competition
Our series has seen a couple teams jump by 10 NSI points a game thanks to the new experience system, so that’s a problem. We jumped maybe 3 points, so that’s a problem. No one has bought anyone since the end of last season, so that’s good. Financially speaking we are in better shape than the rest of the series, and with some luck we’ll be in a position to make more improvements soon. I’m a little worried I’ll drop a game I shouldn’t trying to PIC my early league matches, but I don’t think any damage would be permanent. Outside of Puro Chivas no teams can put up an NSI above 45.

Improving the Team
The next area of our team to be improved will be the defense. I’d like to get at least 1, maybe 2 excellent defenders this year. If I can find an improvement at winger for a reasonable price I’ll take him, but I feel defense needs to come first, to help keep me in games next year.

ausonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 12:33 PM   #2
ausonny
High School Varsity

Players

Keeper
Derrick Burroughs
Keeper: Solid
Experience: Disastrous
Form: Inadequate

Derrick started off well for the team but has bees slipping lately. In a couple weeks I’ll begin pulling keepers and if he hasn’t improved he’ll be replaced. Assuming I can pull a decent keeper, that is. Derrick is a product of our youth system.

Defense:
Witold Stroznyski
Defense: Solid
Winger: Passable
Experience: Wretched
Form: Solid

Those who read last year’s dynasty may remember that I called Witold a mistake buy in the player introductions. Wow was I wrong. His form has reached Solid, and he’s pulling in 3 stars a week now. He’s become my best defenseman, and can play on the wing, giving me a lot of flexibility. Witold was bought for 123k.

Teddy Christiansen
Form: Passable

Teddy is as consistent as they come. In the 12 weeks he’s been on the team he’s had two form changes, down to inadequate and now back up to passable. He’s put up 2.5 stars in every game he’s ever played. Teddy is a product of our youth system

Ruben Sherwood
Experience: Poor
Form: Weak

Ruben is a little bit of a problem. His form moves between weak and passable, spending most of the time at weak. Despite his poor experience he will be the first Defender to lose his starting job when I can afford a better defender. He puts up either 2 or 2.5 stars a game depending on form. Ruben is an original Bee.

Mikey Siegel
Defense: Inadequate
Winger: Inadequate
Experience: Weak

At 29 Mikey is coming to the end of his Bee career, and I imagine his career as a footballer. He was a rock the first 2 years but lately his form has dropped to weak, making him useless on the field. I’ll be sorry to see Mikey go. Mikey is an original Bee.

Inner Midfield:
Lance ‘I wish I played for the Screaming’ Seaman
Playmaking: Excellent
Stamina: Solid
Passing: Poor
Defending: Weak
Form: Excellent

From last season’s guide:
Quote:
An original Bee, Lance is in the lineup because of his excellent playmaking, and only because of his excellent playmaking. He popped 3 weeks ago. 4 weeks ago I was considering putting him on the bench. Lance will be gone by the beginning of next year. His excellent rating will bring in more money than he is actually worth. Looking over him again, I’m not sure why I dislike him so much, but I do. Solid form and excellent playmaking should make me happy. I dunno.

Heh.

Well, I sold Alvin Sheldon instead of Lance, making Lance our best midfielder. He will be gone after this season, to make room for a new trainee, but I don’t dislike him the way I did. Maybe it’s because he’s up to 3.5 stars. He’ll be a formidable playmaker, so maybe he’ll bring in some nice cash. Lance is an original Bee.

Stephen Wolford
Playmaking: Solid
Passing: Inadequate
Experience: Wretched

Stephen was my first good youth pull. He’s pulling 3 stars a game now, at the tender age of 18. He’ll be formidable by the end of the season. He’s still the youngest Bee, meaning he’ll be with the team a long time. Stephen is a product of our youth system.

After those two the other starting spot is up for grabs every week depending on form.

Florentino Martinez
Playmaking: Passable
Passing: Passable
Defending: poor

Florentino gets his shot this week. His form went up 2 spots to Solid. He pulls 2 stars when his form is inadequate. He may pull 2.5 this week. Florentino was bought for 18k. We’ll make a nice profit when he is sold.

Gerardus Vieren
Stamina: Weak
Passing: Solid

I had high hopes for Gerardus, but his form and stamina problems have kept him on the bench. 2 weeks of stamina training only got one level of improvement. He pulls 2 stars when in inadequate form. I paid 249k for Gerardus. Ouch.

Max Jackson
Stamina: Inadequate
Passing: Passable

Max is a sometime starter at both winger and inner Midfield. He pulls 2 stars in Midfield, but should pull 2.5 when played offensively. Max was bought for 107k

Seppo Jaatinen
Passing: Wretched

Seppo is the newest Bee, bought for 179k. He put up 2 stars at inadequate form in his first match. He’ll be competing for a spot, but with such weak secondary skills he’s really only a profitmaker.

Wingers:
Omar Bortone
Winger: Solid
Stamina: Excellent

Omar made a splash when he joined the team, but lately his form has dropped off. He pulls in 2.5 stars a game recently, but is capable of when his for is passable.

Erik Martin
Playmaking: Weak
Stamina: Excellent
Defending: Inadequate

Erik is a borderline starter when his form is good. He’s played several games at wingback as well. He pulls 2.5 stars when is solid form.
He was bought early last year for 20k.

Herve Marechal
Winger: Solid
Playmaking: Weak
Stamina: Poor
Passing: Weak

Herve is capable of putting up 3 stars when his form is good. I initially wanted to day trade him but other players form problems gave him a chance and he took advantage of it. He was bought for 10k.

Forwards:
Eddie Bohskog
Scoring: Excellent
Passing: Weak

Eddie is our other new member. He put up 2.5 stars in the rain with inadequate form. I expect 3 stars in his next match. I spent 464k. I hope he turns out to be worth it.

Chad Gallegos
Scoring: Solid
Passing: Poor

Chad has been our leading scorer since the beginning. He puts up 3 stars a game. Last year he won the league scoring title, and the year before he lost by 1 goal despite the team not starting until week 5. He’s my favorite player. Chad is an original Bee.

Rich Ladd
Scoring: Solid

Rich can pull 3 stars a game when his form is solid. He is not as prolific a scorer as Chad, but is a better passer. Rich is an original Bee.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:58 PM   #3
ausonny
High School Varsity

Youth Pull
Tony Shearer (15076611)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is temperamental and upright.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 61 000 US$
Wage: 800 US$/week
Owner: Bees
Warnings: 0

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: inadequate
Winger: wretched Defending: solid
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

Tony goes straight into the lineup for tomorrow to give me a chance to see what he can do.