Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2023, 08:54 AM   #7701
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I had a dream last night that I was fired by a guy that was both my boss and Sean Hannity.

Stop watching Fox, man
Old 04-17-2023, 12:35 PM   #7702
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

DeSantis today threatened to put a state prison next to Disney, because you know, it is all about protecting children.

His shit with Disney is insanity. I wonder if any of his people regret voting for him now.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 12:43 PM   #7703
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Tracks with Trump - do something stupid/vengeful, it bites you in the ass, and because you can't show weakness, admit to being wrong, or let the enemy get the best of you, you double down on the stupidity to the point where you've dug such a deep hole, you can't get out. So you wash, rinse, repeat.

When "gotcha!" is the only politics you know and that energizes your most fervent backers, there's never a stopping point. You can't stop, because you've got to have that "gotcha!" moment. The worst ending is the one in which your supporters see that you got one-upped. So it never ends.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-17-2023 at 12:44 PM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 12:48 PM   #7704
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I know he has a lot of supporters down there, but the independents and moderates have got to be like, dude, take the L already. I also can't imagine a war with Disney of all companies will play well with the broader electorate.
Old 04-17-2023, 01:28 PM   #7705
BYU 14
Coordinator

Florida has some of the worst schools in the country, has a crumbling infrastructure and can't keep up with housing demand, but he is still holding that grudge because his mom wouldn't buy him Mickey Mouse ears as a kid.

The only good news is, he is completely destroying any chance to get elected President, or at least should be in the minds of anyone who takes freedom seriously.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 01:51 PM   #7706
Atocep
Coordinator

At one time, not too long ago, the GOP really knew how to fight public opinion battles and outflank dems on key issues. The dems haven't really gotten much better, but the GOP has completely lost what they had going for them. It's culture battles that speak to hardline Republicans and nothing else. There's absolutely no depth to the party on issues anymore. Their party is too splintered to introduce real legislation or even debate issues so they're the party of banning books, protecting Trump, fighting disney, trying to strip rights away from LGTBQ, and looking for the next made up enemy. Oh, and guns.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 03:33 PM   #7707
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The biggest Nazi-like thing Desantis is doing is trying to make it easier to put people to death. He is trying make more crimes punishable by death, and make it so a 8-4 jury can approve the death penalty instead of a unanimous jury.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 03:40 PM   #7708
RainMaker
General Manager

DeSantis is toast before even entering the race. The idea that he stands any chance against Trump is laughable. People can compare the two, but Trump at least has charisma and some political sense.

The guy is down 30-40% in polls of GOP voters already. Trump is smashing him for his votes on social security. He's terrified to speak about Trump which makes him look weak. And his big new political plan is to target one of the most popular brands in all of America. Just a complete dumbass.

Turning Florida into Alabama might work with a certain demographic but you aren't going to win in the Pennsylvania suburbs trying to close down Disney.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 04:01 PM   #7709
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I know he has a lot of supporters down there, but the independents and moderates have got to be like, dude, take the L already. I also can't imagine a war with Disney of all companies will play well with the broader electorate.

That all makes sense. But he just won reelection in a landslide against a former governor. And he wasn't hiding who he was. He didn't run as the Mitt Romney of Florida and then turn MAGA.

He was this guy, and enough moderates/independents were cool with it.

I'm not underestimating him.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 04:09 PM   #7710
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
That all makes sense. But he just won reelection in a landslide against a former governor. And he wasn't hiding who he was. He didn't run as the Mitt Romney of Florida and then turn MAGA.

It seems to me he has gone into overdrive since winning reelection, but maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention before.
Old 04-17-2023, 04:10 PM   #7711
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Fair point. I'm not sure if he's gotten moreso, or if the media is just paying more attention b/c he's a (likely) presidential candidate.
Old 04-17-2023, 04:24 PM   #7712
BYU 14
Coordinator

I absolutely think he has gone into overdrive since winning and comparing his poll numbers around that time to now seem to bear out he has gotten way too extreme for anybody even close to moderate.

Though there are 3-4 republicans I would absolutely be happy with over either of these guys, but given that it will be between the two of them, I would 100% be happier with Trump over him as the GOP nominee and I know I was nowhere close to that 6 months ago.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 04:44 PM   #7713
Ksyrup

Has this been posted yet?

Audio: McCurtain County officials reportedly discuss killing reporter
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-17-2023, 05:07 PM   #7714
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Can't say I'm that worried about the weirdo that eats pudding with his fingers and wants to ban abortion and cut Social Security. The only question now is if he'll keep going long enough to completely wreck his future ambitions ala Rubio.
Old 04-17-2023, 05:23 PM   #7715
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Crist is a Republican who ran as a Democrat. Not exactly the toughest opponent. Add in the fact that the Florida Democratic Party is arguably the worst in the country (behind maybe New York) and it's not as impressive as you think.

He's already getting shelled in polls against Trump and he's never had a real opponent before. I'm starting to think he won't actually run in 2024 as it looks like Trump is already eating his lunch before even entering the race.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:35 AM   #7716
cuervo72
Head Coach

Seems like a great summary (thread).

Old 04-18-2023, 02:25 PM   #7717
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It looks like a possible settlement is about to come down on the Dominion-Fox News case...
They did end up starting today. They got jury selection done, and were supposed to be back for opening arguments, but that was two hours ago. Once again we have a delay with speculated settlement talks.

Old 04-18-2023, 02:30 PM   #7718
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am no lawyer but this gives me the impression FOX keeps coming back with better offers and Dominion keeps saying FU or making demands that involves FOX making major concessions regarding culpability. IF it was just about money this would have been settled.
Old 04-18-2023, 02:34 PM   #7719
GrantDawg

Quote:
I am no lawyer but this gives me the impression FOX keeps coming back with better offers and Dominion keeps saying FU or making demands that involves FOX making major concessions regarding culpability. IF it was just about money this would have been settled.
I'm no lawyer either, but this doesn't sound promising for Fox:
Old 04-18-2023, 02:49 PM   #7720
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm guessing Rupert really doesn't want to testify under oath and he also doesn't want his popular employees to do the same.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:13 PM   #7721
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Reported there is a settlement.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:15 PM   #7722
GrantDawg

Really disappointing
Old 04-18-2023, 03:15 PM   #7723
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Reported there is a settlement.

Sadly

There will be no trial in Dominion vs. FOX News
— Scott MacFarlane (@MacFarlaneNews) April 18, 2023

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 03:19 PM   #7724
GrantDawg

As others have said, I don't think this will matter one little bit to Fox viewers, and the Fox personalities are going to go right back at the same lies, just being careful no directly mention Dominion.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:19 PM   #7725
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

787 million.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:19 PM   #7726
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

Florida democrats are idiots who ran a Republican for governor and wonder why they lost by 19 points. The left in Florida stayed home and when given the choice between Republican and Republican-lite, the right took the original
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 03:20 PM   #7727
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sadly this will not be reported to the people it needs to be and if it does it will be presented as everyone does it and they are targeting us. These people will never learn the common denominator
Old 04-18-2023, 03:22 PM   #7728
GrantDawg

Quote:
787 million.
And in the end, the big winners are the lawyers.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:51 PM   #7729
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
And in the end, the big winners are the lawyers.

Feel like the Dominion folks are going to get a nice check too. This was a company doing like $40 million a year in revenue.

Don't forget that Smartmatic also has a lawsuit on the table and has to be licking their chops.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:51 PM   #7730
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 04-18-2023, 04:01 PM   #7731
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Will Fox News viewers even know? There is no mention of this on foxnews.com
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 05:29 PM   #7732
bronconick
College Starter

Fox News will find that money to be a great investment if this wipes out Newsmax and OAN, who can't afford to buy off Dominion.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 06:00 PM   #7733
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Sadly this will not be reported to the people it needs to be and if it does it will be presented as everyone does it and they are targeting us. These people will never learn the common denominator

are you crazy? Of course they will hear about it and will deny everything.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 06:51 PM   #7734
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

20 years revenue. Can't fault that.

(the fact Smartmatic is in the starting gate as well helps)
Old 04-18-2023, 07:10 PM   #7735
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
are you crazy? Of course they will hear about it and will deny everything.

"As part of the settlement, no admittance of guilt was made, and therefore, Fox News must be presumed innocent under law"

Not that it's true, or would work on anyone with more then 34 brain cells, but, yeah.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:26 PM   #7736
Edward64
Head Coach

Pity.

Can't blame Dominion to taking the bird in hand, but it would have been nice to take it to court and drag it out
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 07:34 PM   #7737
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Pity.

Can't blame Dominion to taking the bird in hand, but it would have been nice to take it to court and drag it out

Trust me, I want to see Fox get defenstrated more than most, but I think no one who could be convinced that Fox News isn't the gospel truth is going to take eight hundred million as anything less than " Yeah, we fucking made shit up"

And there's a small (but not infinitesimal) chance that there's MAGA maniacs on the journey eager to find a way to hang the jury, or somewhere up the line of appeals, a Trumpist judge reducing it or overturning it. It would take multiple years before they go through all the appeals levels, and get their money. It's hard to turn down $800 million now.

(now, I'd like to see quite a bit of that filter down to the employees who've been threatened etcetera, but that's another thing altogether)

Plus Dominion has OANN/Newsmax still on there and while it wouldn't have the same cachet as Fox News, running them into bankruptcy would be a bonus. (Newsmax Delenda Est?)

Smartmatic get their crack at Fox too. And their price just went up..
Old 04-18-2023, 07:45 PM   #7738
Thomkal
Head Coach

I just have one ask on all this-can we see the over 7000 exhibits they had on Fox?
Old 04-18-2023, 07:58 PM   #7739
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I just have one ask on all this-can we see the over 7000 exhibits they had on Fox?

If not now, I'm sure Smartmatic will get their hands on them...
Old 04-19-2023, 03:08 PM   #7740
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I had a dream last night that I was fired by a guy that was both my boss and Sean Hannity.

Not suggesting Hannity is an A-lister, but...

are you taking Ozempic, by chance?

Ozempic Users Say They're Having Bizarre Dreams About a-Listers
Old 04-20-2023, 04:08 AM   #7741
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

'I got duped': Republican senator fumes over Trump-appointed judge's ethics scandal

Murkowski and Collins are so goddamned annoyingly stupid and so full of shit as well
Manchin too
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 08:08 AM   #7742
cuervo72
Head Coach

She was duped? Who is she, Estelle Costanza?
Old 04-20-2023, 09:29 AM   #7743
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
(1) Donald J. Trump Pays Court-Ordered $2 Million For Illegally Using Trump Foundation FundsÂ* | New York State Attorney General

"You agreed that your charities are so corrupt that you had to shut them down and agree to not start a new one. Now, now, Donnie, before you start, I'm sure you're gonna start whining that that was a witch hunt and that you didn't do anything wrong. Then why did you sign the paper? Why did you settle? Why didn't you fight? You're supposed to be such a tough guy. But as soon as anyone challenged you, you cried like a little baby and asked what you could sign to make the mean lady go away. Here's some news, Donnie: When Putin starts pushing you around, there won't be any paper he lets you sign to make it go away."

(2) Trump touts five-word memory test as showing he is 'cognitively there' | CTV News

"'Person, woman, man, camera, TV.' You were so proud of that, remember? You went strutting around acting like you won a gold medal. We all had to keep from laughing in your face. But, man, we laughed behind your back. That's a senility test, Donnie. They made you take a senility test, and you were so stupid that not only did you not realize it, you bragged about it. And we expect you to negotiate against Xi? And Putin? With 'person, woman, man, camera, TV?' Really? That's going to keep our farmers from getting destroyed in trade negotiations? China is licking its chops waiting for you to come back to the table and sell them what's left of America."

(3) Trump’s border wall reportedly in severe disrepair in Arizona | Donald Trump | The Guardian

"'Build the Wall! Make Mexico pay for it!' Y'all remember that? I do. Hey, Donnie, where's the check? Did you deposit it with one of your charities? Because I ain't never seen it. Mexico didn't pay for it. We did. And apparently the wall ain't there no more. You know why? It rained. I'm not kidding. Apparently it rained, and the wall fell down. Your dad was a great builder. He is looking down from Heaven at you with shame. You couldn't build a wall. A wall! Lord help us if you ever promise to build a roof."

(4) Eric Trump in 2014: 'We have all the funding we need out of Russia' | TheHill

"So remember when y'all were all bragging about having all the money you need from Russia? So you don't even need any American money? Well, Russia is broke. Where you gonna go for money now? Who you gonna sell us to, next? China? Saudi Arabia? North Korea? Maybe if you and your kids stopped losing hundreds of millions of dollars at a time, you wouldn't need to keep making deals where you sell us out to pull your bacon out of the fire."

(5) 2020 United States presidential election - Wikipedia

"You lost. And you will lose again. Biden is so beatable. And you are the one guy who is thinking of running who can't beat him. Have you seen how old Justice Thomas is? Justice Alito? We finally have some real conservatives on the Supreme Court. We cannot afford to let Biden take that away from us. You run against Biden; you lose; you complain; and the Supreme Court gets a 5-4 liberal Democrat majority. We need to win; this election is more important than your ego."

(6) GOP Strategists Blame Trump For Georgia Senate Losses : NPR

"Speaking of the courts, we'd have a Senate majority if if weren't for you. Every single liberal Democrat judge that Biden has appointed? They would have had to go through Mitch McConnell. But you had to screw all that up. Why should we lose the Senate again? Do we really need Chuck Schumer deciding who should be a federal judge?"

I still think that there are valid grounds for other GOP hopefuls to attack Trump. It seems insane to me that they are in a race with a guy with a half-lap lead and they aren't trying to slow him down. Just hoping that he trips on his shoelaces or something.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:46 AM   #7744
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I don't know what to do there, though, as it's a guy who repeatedly shoots himself in the dick and his followers go "no, he didn't shoot himself in the dick" and when presented with video evidence go "but he meant to shoot himself in the dick". And if you try to go after him, you run a real risk of being the martyr - even if it sticks, he'll go after you so you're sunk due to Mutually Assured Destruction. So, if they all act in their self-interest, they hope someone else will take him down or he'll do it himself. But he's proven notoriously hard to sink.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 10:04 AM   #7745
Thomkal
Head Coach

Haha, the pillow guy Mike Lindell who had put up $5 million to anyone that could prove his presidential election data wrong then failed to pay someone who did just that, has been ordered by a judge to pay it.

My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell ordered to follow through with $5 million payment to expert who debunked his false election data | CNN Politics

Like Kari Lake and other election deniers, I really wish someone in their families had the courage to get them psychologically evaluated and treated.
Old 04-20-2023, 10:08 AM   #7746
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

You can't beat Trump if part of the message is Trump is the best thing that ever happened to the GOP. You probably don't win attacking him, as the base or at least enough of it loves Trump, but when Trump is an option, you can't get anywhere promising to continue Trump's work.
Old 04-20-2023, 10:14 AM   #7747
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Haha, the pillow guy Mike Lindell who had put up $5 million to anyone that could prove his presidential election data wrong then failed to pay someone who did just that, has been ordered by a judge to pay it.

My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell ordered to follow through with $5 million payment to expert who debunked his false election data | CNN Politics

Like Kari Lake and other election deniers, I really wish someone in their families had the courage to get them psychologically evaluated and treated.

From reading the article it makes it sound like it was more of panel of experts asked by CNN. No judge ordered anything and it's unclear what if any legal authority the panel had.
Old 04-20-2023, 10:41 AM   #7748
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
From reading the article it makes it sound like it was more of panel of experts asked by CNN. No judge ordered anything and it's unclear what if any legal authority the panel had.

Mike Lindell bet $5m no one could disprove his election fraud claims. Now he has to pay

This article mentions that this particular arbitration panel was mentioned in the rules for the contest. So I would have to imagine it does have some weight.

I hate CNN.
Old 04-20-2023, 10:42 AM   #7749
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Ah I didn't read past the headline too much. Sounded from it that a judge was involved.
Old 04-20-2023, 10:42 AM   #7750
Ksyrup

It's an arbitration. I dont know the specifics here, but most arbitrations are binding and the way I read it was that CNN had some of the docs, not that they had set it up.