Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2006, 07:55 PM   #501
MJ4H
Coordinator

I think I would like to marry Katharine McPhee. My wife told me I may not do this.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #502
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
That wasn't so great by Kathrine, not bad, but not great. But I am sure the guys are going to vote for her regardless.

Man are you serious? That was an outstanding performance, with or without my little crush. Mandissa, Katharine, and Paris were all three phenomenal tonight.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:01 PM   #503
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
Man are you serious? That was an outstanding performance, with or without my little crush. Mandissa, Katharine, and Paris were all three phenomenal tonight.

I thought I was on your ignore?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #504
MJ4H
Coordinator

Why would you think that?
Old 03-21-2006, 08:13 PM   #505
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

If Lisa Tucker was in the bottom 3 last week, she may be gone this week. Ugh.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:13 PM   #506
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I wasn't impressed with Lisa either. Depending on how Ace and Kevin do, she might be gone considering she was in the bottom 3 last week.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:17 PM   #507
FBPro
College Starter

Well, I'd HATE to see Lisa leave and still have Bucky around.....OMG what a joke.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:22 PM   #508
sabotai
General Manager

Awwwww, little Kevin picks a song from a Disney movie.

EDIT: And it was terrible. Surprise surprise.

Last edited by sabotai : 03-21-2006 at 08:26 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:22 PM   #509
Ksyrup

Covais looks like a Groucho Marx baby.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-21-2006, 08:26 PM   #510
Ksyrup

It was less offensive than normal. His white school boy singning persona fit that song reasonably well. This does not bode well.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:27 PM   #511
Joe
Pro Starter

I liked Kevin this week
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #512
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
It was less offensive than normal. His white school boy singning persona fit that song reasonably well. This does not bode well.

I wasn't watching the screen, I just heard it. Thus I heard the sound of pigs being slaughtered out of the context of a white schoolboy persona.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:32 PM   #513
Joe
Pro Starter

Simon was being nice to Kevin so he'd get voted off, since everyone knows by now that when simon talks shit= that person gets a lot of votes
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:33 PM   #514
Ksyrup

I know what it is about Elliott that bothers me a bit...he looks like he's got a perpetual pinch of dip in his bottom lip.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:37 PM   #515
sabotai
General Manager

Did they add a new guy to the lineup? (Yes, I'm joking.....but seriously, this Elliott guy, I don't rmemeber him, at all. Is he that unremarkable?)
Old 03-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #516
Ksyrup

Pickles is guaranteed to make the top 3 or 4 no matter what...simply because I read that her dad is scheduled to be paroled a couple of weeks before the finale. Tell me Fox isn't going to play that storyline to death.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #517
Blade6119
Coordinator

So far id have to pick that mcphee girl to win it all...but maybe one of the guys will step up
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #518
Easy Mac

ratings so far this evening:
chris
mandisa
elliot
paris
mcphee
taylor
pickler
lisa
kevin
bucky

I'll assume ace is in the bottom three, so it seems a guys only bottom three. i wasn't really enraptured with katharine this week. she looked good, but she didn't sound great and she didn't perform it great. She smiled too much during the song, it didn't call for smiling, it called for more sexy.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:52 PM   #519
Ksyrup

Jeebus, Covais is going to be top 8 with some of the stinkers tonight. I think Ace may be worse than Bucky.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:54 PM   #520
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
ratings so far this evening:
chris
mandisa
elliot
paris
mcphee
taylor
pickler
lisa
kevin
bucky

I'll assume ace is in the bottom three, so it seems a guys only bottom three. i wasn't really enraptured with katharine this week. she looked good, but she didn't sound great and she didn't perform it great. She smiled too much during the song, it didn't call for smiling, it called for more sexy.
I didnt say she was the best, but i think she will win
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:00 PM   #521
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I think it will be Bucky, Kevin, and Lisa. Lets hope Kevin goes home
Old 03-21-2006, 09:11 PM   #522
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Would you believe I actually got to watch Idol for the very first time? My wife happened to flip to because she wanted to catch the Manilow clips. She had not been following at all so I recapped for her (echoing what most of you have been saying). We luckily happened to catch Chris, Katherine and Taylor in succession and she agreed that Chris and Katherine are great. She and I watched Taylor and then looked at each other and said "wtf?". I told her the comment about him dancing like putting out a grease fire and it fits. She said she couldn't imagine buying any albums of his. ANd I too opened my big mouth to fawn all over Katherine. She looks even more incredible on TV than I imagined (but she needs to lose the ditzy airhead persona).
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #523
Ksyrup

Manilow will likely perform at the beginning of tomorrow night's vote off show at 9pm, FYI.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:25 PM   #524
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Yuck, I think i will just skip the show tomorrow. I will rely on you guys to tell me the winner. Lost is on during that time anyway.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:25 PM   #525
Easy Mac

Wow, I can't believe Ace is actually getting worse each week. I didn't think it was possible, yet here we are.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #526
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Katharine was SO hot.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:47 PM   #527
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Katharine was SO hot.
Concur......
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #528
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

When Kevin said he has never fallen in love, I slipped out a "Bullshit, you've fallen in love with your hand after many a strangers.."

I then had to explain to my wife what a stranger was...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #529
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

dola

Although, I know Bucky isn't the strongest singer by any stretch of the imagination, I think I read somewhere that he just really wanted to make the top 10 to make the tour. I could deal with another week just to see that.. generally seems like an ok guy so...

Bottom 3 this week - Bucky, Lisa, Ace..

I think Lisa is going to go this week...

Although, I'm way tired of Pickler. No one is that fuckin' stupid. Cute at first now it is just annoying...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 03-21-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:01 PM   #530
Ksyrup

Not only does Covais suck ass, but he's a fucking liar as well:

http://tmz.aol.com/article2?id=20060313132509990002

"Victoria Fairclough and Covais met in a high school production of 'Godspell,' and became friends and later high school sweethearts.

But they broke up when 'Idol' began because they agreed he'd gain more popularity if his fans knew he was single."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-21-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:07 PM   #531
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Lovin' the Kevster?

My first name is Kevin, I'd have to kick my wife's ass if she said that.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:31 PM   #532
Swaggs
Coordinator

Chris needs to win. That was an awesome arrangement.

I think Ace was the worst this week.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:34 PM   #533
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Back in the '50s, well, I wasn't alive. I understand there was a lot of vinyl around then, only many of the records were 78s and were about as thick as a pancake breakfast at a real diner (not the Denny's Grand Sham Breakfast (tm)).

Simon was in his nicer mood tonight, reminded that Kevin's hissy fit last week not only kept him in the competition, it kept him out of the bottom three. Paula's meds were safer and of a higher dosage this week, I can't remember a thing she said. Randy was even more careful than usual to pick the audience's mood before saying anything. He seemed afraid to issue even a standard "dawg, that was a bit rough" line.

On to the ratings:

1. Chris Daughtry. The first two thirds of this was as good as anything to date in the competition. The last bit was what happens when trial-and-error errs. Still, the best of an even, but not unusually strong night. Score of 82.

2. Paris Bennett. This is her era. Just as the '70s was Gary Coleman's era. Ever notice their faces are remarkably similar. Next, Paris is joining Todd Bridges on a roller skating show, then maybe a rousing rendition of Battle of the Network Stars. Anyhow, she did a nice job with a song she's probably sung 1,000 times in her life. Score of 80.

3. Katharine McPhee. Basically, she could sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, and score a 70 for being a sex kitten. Score of 78.

4. Kellie Pickler. The Farmbot is back. Songs like this allow her to use that pure country tone that separates her from the rest of the endless supply of talentless hacks who stream into this competition from our southern states (as opposed to Kevin, who represents the talentless hacks from more cosmopolitan regions). Score of 77.

5. Elliott Yamin. Sometimes, picking a song with a high degree of difficulty isn't a great way to show off a good voice. I still think he sounds like he has an impressive case of stage fright. Some day, he will be a top performer. It's just going to take awhile. Score of 76.

6. Ace Young. A nice comeback from a truly awful performance last week. But when you do have a train wreck memorable performance, it takes awhile to creep back up in the ratings. Score of 75.

7. Mandisa Hundley. I wanted to like this song. I thought she was flat in several places, which is a lot nicer than saying she was fat in several places and should not have been wearing a form-fitting dress. Score of 72.

8. Bucky Covington. He has a basic competency, and nothing more. I didn't hate him this week. Score of 55.

9. Lisa Tucker. She picked a tempo that was too fast for her and eliminated any of the cuteness she could have extracted from that song. A very poor performance that probably means the end of the line for her. Score of 52.

10. Kevin Covais. Kermit the Frog does not belong in this competition. He was trying way too hard, and he just doesn't have the breadth of voice for this type of show. Score of 51.

11. Taylor Hicks. Just the most dreary, endless, boring, repetitive crapfest ever on American Idol. At least he didn't forget the words - all five of them. Has there ever been a more overrated Idol contestant? Score of 35.

My guess for the bottom three: Lisa, Bucky and Elliott, with Lisa departing.

Who I wish would go: Kevin, of course. But Lisa has about exhausted her cuteness. The competition is starting to overwhelm her.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:05 PM   #534
Ksyrup

I can't fault Taylor for picking that kind of song. It was the 50s, for chrissakes. That was a fairly standard song. It definitely was a performance song instead of a vocal song, so if you don't like his shtick, I can see how you wouldn't like the choice. But frankly, I needed a couple of those type of songs mixed in with the boring stuff to keep my attention.

If AI would allow it, McPhee could end the competition by singing Happy Birthday Mr. President while "guest host" Bill Clinton sat on a stool in the middle of the stage oggling her. I might pay money to see that.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-21-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:08 PM   #535
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Katharine was SO hot.

Yes. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:17 PM   #536
Critch
lolzcat

Anybody familiar with the Live cover of "I Walk the Line"? According to another board I read, Chris's original take was remarkably similar to the Live version.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #537
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Watching out here in PST so here's my opinions so far....

Chris - rocks, just what the show needs
Kellie - very good job, and very cute
Mandisa - she annoys me with the one name deal but she can sing
Paris - though she is starting to annoy me
Kevin - want him gone but this was his best performance
Katherine - is she getting hotter?
Elliot - not sure what the judges heard
Taylor - but I still like the guy
Ace - can him and Kevin just go away?
Lisa - she looks like a future hotty though
Bucky - why did he get this far?

Last edited by EagleFan : 03-21-2006 at 11:54 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:26 PM   #538
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Katharine was SO hot.

*nodding*

I'm pretty much embarassing myself in front of my wife talking about how hot she is every time. I have McPheever... in my pants.

As for the performances, bottom 3 for me were Bucky, Kevin and Taylor. I thought Taylor was awful, very disappointed in him. Conversely, I thought Ace showed a little more talent than I ever thought he had.

Overall, it was a better week than last week, in my opinion. Either Bucky or Kevin could go, and I'd be very happy about it. Knowing my luck, it'll be somebody better.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:26 PM   #539
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
Anybody familiar with the Live cover of "I Walk the Line"? According to another board I read, Chris's original take was remarkably similar to the Live version.

Oh damn that's funny. I posted above about his impersonation of Ed Kowalczyk without even knowing Live covered that song. I caught the similarity immediately, since it was structured exactly like I Alone - low key, single guitar intro, building to a loud climax. The bald head and blank stare toward the camera was just the icing on the cake! If he could have pulled off the "wandering eye" thing, he would have hit a perfect 10.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:19 AM   #540
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch

Hehe... didn't he also sing something last week where the chorography was redone by another band, but the judges praised him for his 'original' cheorography. It seems that Chris is getting a lot of praise for being original and taking risks, when what he's doing has been done by other artists. Makes you wonder what the judges listen to.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:55 AM   #541
Ksyrup

Yep, RHCP's Higher Ground.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:25 AM   #542
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Yep, RHCP's Higher Ground.

BUT, he did mention before the song that he didn't know the RHCP song was a Stevie Wonder cover. He gave the RHCP credit from the outset. This time, though, there was definitely no mention of Live. I told my wife that most likely he got that arrangement from someone-else. I knew someone from here would know where.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #543
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Personal opinions:

In serious danger: Lisa and Bucky. Lisa was boring. Bucky .... he's gone I think. Taylor could be bottom 3 I think, his performance was very bland as well.

Performances enjoyed: Chris (although the rock bit seemed a bit off). Ace (it worked for him).

Odd thought: Is it just me or does Katherine seem to shriek high notes? I really wince when she tries to goes high, although people seem to like it.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #544
Thomkal
Head Coach

Here's my thoughts from last night.

Chris-I don't care if he was really using a version of I Walk the Line that Live used or not. I really liked it...at least until he got into rocker mode in the last third of it.

Paris-shame she did a song that she's already used once-that's hurt some contestants in the past, but she's not in danger of being voted out tonight. Good performance and mostly good voice.

Katharine-I'm just not enamored of her as others are here, plus I think she's using some of Paula's happy pills. Still in no danger of being eliminated tonight.

Kellie-I like it when she sings songs with an "edge" to it like she did tonight. I should just turn off the sound when she's talking. Good performance.

Elliott-I'm with Jim-he's suffering from stage fright the most at this point. Really needs to get over that quick because it definitely affects his voice and performance. Hated the tie.

Ace-better than last week, and I still hate the falsetto even though he has good control with it. He just sings the wrong kind of songs I think for the image I have of him.

Mandisa-First off made her somewhat forgettable later on, which is always dangerous in Idol, but probably not in danger of being in the Bottom 3.

Bucky-Always seems to find the right songs for his voice, but still one of the weakest performances of the night. In danger of going home tonight.

Lisa-Poor Lisa. The judges tell her that want to start singing like she's a 16 year old girl instead of 40, and she does so this week. And didn't look good doing it. Looked more like a high school talent performance, and that's the first time I've looked at her that way. In real danger of going home tonight which would be a shame.

Kevin-For the love of God, please let him be going home tonight. He did do a better job than last week, so that's pretty scary since he wasn't in the Bottom 3 last week. But better for him still doesn't match anyone else in the competition except Bucky perhaps.

Taylor-A poor song choice not because of his voice, which was good, but the overly repetitive lyrics. Didn't really help to show off his voice and the "dancing" didn't help either.

Sadly I think Lisa was the weakest last night and doesn't seem to have the fan base others do. She's whom I'm guessing will go tonight, though I'm hoping for Kevin.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:24 PM   #545
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026
Personal opinions:

In serious danger: Lisa and Bucky. Lisa was boring. Bucky .... he's gone I think. Taylor could be bottom 3 I think, his performance was very bland as well.

Performances enjoyed: Chris (although the rock bit seemed a bit off). Ace (it worked for him).

Odd thought: Is it just me or does Katherine seem to shriek high notes? I really wince when she tries to goes high, although people seem to like it.

I mostly agree, although I think Ace has progressively gotten worse the last couple weeks. But if the bottom three isn't Lisa, Bucky, and Kevin, something is wrong.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:27 PM   #546
Ksyrup

I could see Elliott in the bottom 3 simply because he seems to be in no-man's land. He's a competent singer, but not much of a performer and barely any personality. As a result, I'm not sure he has much of a fan base. Bucky and Kevin, as much as they suck, still have fan bases to sustain them longer than they should be around.

I think Lisa's in the same boat as Elliott, mostly because of Paris and Mandisa.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #547
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
I could see Elliott in the bottom 3 simply because he seems to be in no-man's land. He's a competent singer, but not much of a performer and barely any personality. As a result, I'm not sure he has much of a fan base. Bucky and Kevin, as much as they suck, still have fan bases to sustain them longer than they should be around.

I think Lisa's in the same boat as Elliott, mostly because of Paris and Mandisa.

Agreed. It is not completely about performances, it is also about the overall fan factor.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #548
Daimyo
College Starter

I had forgotten that Live did a cover of Walk the Line, but as soon as Chris started singing last night I was like "Live did a version exactly like that!" Its an interesting strategy... he gets to seem very original and edgy to people who aren't as familar with the genre yet in reality gets to play it ultra-safe. I thought he'd have trouble with the theme weeks, but as long as he can find alternative covers of the songs I guess he'll sail right through.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #549
Drake
assmaster

I listened to the Live version this morning. There are some similarities, but I thought AI dude's version was much fresher than Live's version. And I say this as a (not rabid, but still) Live fan.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:01 PM   #550
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Anyone know anything about votefortheworst.com? Do you think a site like this can actually garner enough votes to singlehandedly keep someone like Covais in the competition? A very brief glance at their forum would seem to suggest these people are pretty passionate about trying to get votes for the singer they deem the worst. I'm curious as to just how much of a dent they can make into the broader audience's choice.

Last edited by Ajaxab : 03-22-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote