Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #4851
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I seriously have no idea how you kept it all straight Alan. You were all-in effort-wise from the get-go and it really paid off for us rebels.

Definitely team MVP

I don't know if I would agree with my being the MVP.. I think without PurdueBrad making the call on Apocolypse day 2, I wouldn't have ever mattered. Saldana's play in regards to the firebird disaster helped keep everything together, your play taking out Doom and and Spleen's play at the end pretty much all were fairly clutch.

If anything, I melted down the last day I think just from it being too intense for too long. I needed the game to be over and I got greedy and pushed too hard and it almost blew up in my face.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #4852
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Oh agreed, we each definitely played our parts well, but in the end, your manuevering as a Prelate and within the PM's of Doom & Company was the straw that stirred the drink.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #4853
Thomkal
Head Coach

oh what was the deal with the Negative Zone? what really happened there?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:18 PM   #4854
Tyrith
College Starter

BTW, hoops and I agreed that Nick Fury is the villager MVP for this game. Emma Frost was good too, and died early for it.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #4855
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
oh what was the deal with the Negative Zone? what really happened there?

I didn't use it as much as I had planned because somehow thanks to Quicksilver, I think I gained more trust. I felt if I had lingered around there longer to explore, people would wonder what my real motives were. So I came back and never found a good chance to use it again. (Even though the other rebels can tell you I considered using it on the last day well before Scarlet witch and vision jumped on me late).

I too wonder what I would have found if I had decided to explore.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #4856
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
would you have outed him as a rebel if you did possess him?

I'm not quite sure, would've depended on the timeline, and also whether or not I could talk to him.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #4857
Autumn
Head Coach

Alan, was it part of the plan for you to play as a good guy mole, or did it just owrk out that way? It seemed you must have worked pretty hard to be a good guy until the very end to earn all that trust. And why did you invent the portal? Did you think that would be useful or just looking for something to build to seem helpful but that wouldn't out anyone?

I almost had you send Doom to the negative zone the morning before Kang banished me. I wonder how that would have went.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #4858
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Alan, was it part of the plan for you to play as a good guy mole, or did it just owrk out that way? It seemed you must have worked pretty hard to be a good guy until the very end to earn all that trust. And why did you invent the portal? Did you think that would be useful or just looking for something to build to seem helpful but that wouldn't out anyone?

I almost had you send Doom to the negative zone the morning before Kang banished me. I wonder how that would have went.

I think the team goal was to try to get rid of the seer and figure out how to make Kang win the prelate condition earlier on. I was mainly just floating by trying to seem like a good guy while seeing what opportunities I had for other things. When you made me first prelate and gave me the hounds that night is when I took the opportunity to try to play up the good guy insider more. I usually do a better than average job in that type of role so when the door opened I stepped inside.

I think the end game goal for the negative zone portal originally was a place I could escape to in order to avoid lynch once I was found out as a bad guy earlier on in the game.

The main reason I built the negative zone though is actually nothing to do with being a rebel. I didn't like about my power.. I had very weak attacks, my defense was pretty weak (I did lie about my defense being strong), I only had 7 health and very low energy.. I didn't recover health or energy as fast as someone like the phoenix did.. so I was pretty much a very subpar superhero.. The only exception was my power to have as many create your own inventions as possible.

In talking with Hoopsguy regarding this role, I could tell that it was one that he and Tyrith were hoping would be utilized fully and I decided instead of just playing it with trying to win the game in mind, I wanted to try to use it to make Mr.Fantastic type of inventions. I actually probably sent back and forth 50-70 PMs with Hoops over the course of the game about various invention ideas (not counting the endless AIM messages regarding them. At one point, I had sent a list of like 6 or 7 different invention ideas to discuss. I had things like creating a replica of Thor, etc.

One of the devices on my list was actually a booby trap and I never did make it. I actually would have laughed really hard if Quicksilver had grabbed the boobytrap and blew himself up.. Another device I built at the end was an early warning defense system... But the main reason I really built the negative zone portal originally was because it seemed like a mr.fantastic type of device. I didn't want to let Hoopsguy and Tyrith down with my character.. go figure.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #4859
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, it wasn't as much that you were supposed to make invention type stuff. It was mainly that you had the flexibility to do whatever you needed to - that was the flip side of having the other stuff weak, you could essentially create whatever power you needed. That was the intent behind Mr. F and Scarlet Witch - to give the players the flexibility to do whatever they wanted to.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #4860
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I seriously have no idea how you kept it all straight Alan. You were all-in effort-wise from the get-go and it really paid off for us rebels.

Definitely team MVP

Alan's efforts were monumental and he truly was amazing. We worked well as a group and had some very selfless players but Alan was both the glue that held us together and was our compass, keeping us on track. I second Alan for team MVP!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #4861
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
I don't think that's why you were attacked Vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
...that's why you were attacked Vision.

Oh, forgot to mention, this was a real LOL moment for me, GR.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:46 PM   #4862
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Special shout out to Crim - I was trying to figure out who Vision was and I'm pretty sure I haven't played with you before but you played that role very well.

Thanks, and nicetameetcha -- This was my third game, and first in prolly a year, so I haven't played with most of the group actually.

I could have had my account named "VisionplayedbyCrim" and it wouldn't have mattered.

RIP
Old 10-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #4863
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I'll have to take your word for what was happening at the end as I'd given up reading by then because screaming "Kill Alan, you fools!" at the computer screen was starting to take its toll on my vocal chords and getting me some odd looks at work.

ROFL

RIP
Old 10-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #4864
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Kinda think I have to apologize to Quicksilver given Mr. Fantastic turning out to be a wolf. It certainly was in tune with Quicksilver's impulsive and rash nature, but it came at the absolute worse time for the village where we finally had a lead on the rebels. Gave the wolves an easy lynch target and could have saved Beast with all the people jumping off him I think.

So good hunch in thinking Mr. Fantastic was evil, but bad timing on your part.

This is actually a great point. The timing sucked, and more importantly, everything up to and following the theft seemed to support Alan.

I was dismayed when I realized that the death of Quicksilver was my major contribution to the game -- doh!!!

RIP
Old 10-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #4865
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
This is actually a great point. The timing sucked, and more importantly, everything up to and following the theft seemed to support Alan.

I was dismayed when I realized that the death of Quicksilver was my major contribution to the game -- doh!!!

especially since i nailed MR F :P
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:11 PM   #4866
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
especially since i nailed MR F :P

Actually, looking back at things, I think it was your action that helped get me trusted.. So thanks!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #4867
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I apologize to the villagers for Dr. Doom's antics.

I know this is out of context and not what you meatn, but I loved your in-character role! You gave me several laugh-out-loud moments.

Actually, my best laugh of the whole game was a double:

Remember Magneto's attempt to color-code a long mission list? It was all f'ed up, and Doom is all, "Doom is disappointed with your formatting skills", and while I was still laughing about that line, Punisher pops in with "someone just exploded a box of Lucky Charms". Freakin classic!

RIP
Old 10-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #4868
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks, he's a lot of fun to write as. That's a big part of why I ended up picking him. The fact that he got to take over and be all Doom-like was a nice bonus.

But "YOU KILLED HULK'S CHILDHOOD" was my biggest lol moment.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #4869
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah there was some fun roleplaying moments in the game. Doom and Vision ranked right up there.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #4870
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Thanks, he's a lot of fun to write as. That's a big part of why I ended up picking him. The fact that he got to take over and be all Doom-like was a nice bonus.

But "YOU KILLED HULK'S CHILDHOOD" was my biggest lol moment.

That actually had me feeling pretty bad -- I usually don't swear THAT much, and I don't even remember what I was talking about, but I felt that it called for the F-bombs from the Witch.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:19 PM   #4871
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
That actually had me feeling pretty bad -- I usually don't swear THAT much, and I don't even remember what I was talking about, but I felt that it called for the F-bombs from the Witch.

It's okay, it's the kind of game where a little swearing is understandable
Old 10-22-2008, 02:05 AM   #4872
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
HULK'S CHILDHOOD DESTROYED!!!!

This bears quoting again.

Pass, it wasn't the fact that you were swearing but the fact that you were playing one of the least-hardcore Marvel character's swearing. It was really out of character. You're not Brian Bendis in disguise are you?
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #4873
Autumn
Head Coach

lol
Old 10-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #4874
path12
Coordinator

Not to totally threadjack, but if I were to pick up one of the Marvel compilations to get a better overall sense of that world what would be a good starting point?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #4875
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Not to totally threadjack, but if I were to pick up one of the Marvel compilations to get a better overall sense of that world what would be a good starting point?

I'd start here.

RIP
Old 10-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #4876
path12
Coordinator

Dick.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #4877
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
would you have outed him as a rebel if you did possess him?

Well, he would not have automatically known he had possessed a Rebel, but I suspect it would have become clear right about the time he started getting PMs from the other rebels discussing their plans to wreck the villagers.

From there, I think I would have encouraged him not to spill the names of all the remaining wolves in the interest of fairness. I've played in games with a spy role before and hated it. I didn't have to fully develop my thoughts on this, but at least initailly I was leaning towards him being able to give up the character he possessed, if he was so inclined. But from there on out, he could not talk about any of the Rebels or possess any of the other Rebels (would have failed on Cable and GhostRider, anyway, based on their powers).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #4878
Danny
Head Coach

I want to thank both Tyrith and Hoopsguy again for a great game. I had a great time minus 5 days or so . I wonder if I would have pressed Mr. F and the trusted group about him if I wasn't possessed and then proving myself for a day or two after that.

Oh and who did everyone guess was playing Nick Fury?

Last edited by Danny : 10-22-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #4879
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Well, he would not have automatically known he had possessed a Rebel, but I suspect it would have become clear right about the time he started getting PMs from the other rebels discussing their plans to wreck the villagers.

From there, I think I would have encouraged him not to spill the names of all the remaining wolves in the interest of fairness. I've played in games with a spy role before and hated it. I didn't have to fully develop my thoughts on this, but at least initailly I was leaning towards him being able to give up the character he possessed, if he was so inclined. But from there on out, he could not talk about any of the Rebels or possess any of the other Rebels (would have failed on Cable and GhostRider, anyway, based on their powers).

Yeah I never would have expected him to give up the other rebels because that wouldn't have been fair. But it also wouldn't be fair to the village if he wasn't allowed to give up the body he was in either. So yeah that sounds like a good compromise.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #4880
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:

also, the intial PMs were almsot all there....

I asked
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #4881
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah I never would have expected him to give up the other rebels because that wouldn't have been fair. But it also wouldn't be fair to the village if he wasn't allowed to give up the body he was in either. So yeah that sounds like a good compromise.

I guess it all worked out since I don't think the villagers were going to trust him anyway...I wouldn't have even if he had possessed Mr. F instead of the Vision.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #4882
Poli
FOFC Survivor

OT:

Old 10-22-2008, 09:02 PM   #4883
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hope that your guys can get back on the winning track now that they have a fully-committed coach. And, if they act up, you know that the Punisher would not spare the rod.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #4884
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

For sure, if I was gonna give up anyone it'd only be the person I was possessing.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #4885
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I just now finished reading this thread (4 hours of a good work day lost) and wanted to comment (if anyone is still reading). I've been out of WW for quite a while and was very interested in jumping in with this game. Sadly my week-long Mexico trip happened about 4 days after the start of the game. Rather than walk away completely I offered myself as a timebomb character if the mods wanted one. I'm guessing it was the offer which got the mods thinking and had the Torch added to the game.

I was very much enjoying the play even if nobody knew what my point was. Shortly before Galactus blew me up I was given the change to go out with a bang which caused my Nova Blast. I had no clue who the Herald was, so I picked Kang at random. Fortunate that I got a rebel, but sadly it wasn't enough to kill him. I did enjoy the few hours I got where everyone was confused as to what happened and why.

Catching up and reading the thread was great fun. Seeing all the frantic action in the last couple of days and then the major coup by Alan was a blast. I'm not sure if it was the gameplay or the fact that I knew I was approaching the end of the thread but I couldn't believe how well all the final pieces fell into place. It had the feel of a movie where you knew what the ending would be and couldn't believe the pieces were aligning to perfectly. Quite a game. I may have to get back into WW for a while so I don't miss out on these fantastic moments.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #4886
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just a note - Hannibel Lecter, who is reading the thread, was not one of the characters created for this game
Old 10-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #4887
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I was away in El Paso from Monday through yesterday and just caught up. Great game and great job from the mods.

The only thing I don't get is how they didn't know Ghost Rider was a wolf after Aardwolf died. Ghost Rider was the only one left from the Egypt mission alive who wasn't a villager. The mission was sabotaged, so come on!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #4888
Thomkal
Head Coach

I don't think the mission was sabotaged Raiders Army if I remember correctly none of them were.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #4889
hoopsguy
General Manager

None of the missions were officially "sabotaged" or else that would have been posted in the thread. But the energy the rebels spent to win missions was not posted in the thread. They dumped a ton of energy to win that mission - about 80% of their available energy from the main store and significant personal expenditures from everyone but Beast (who was not around).

FWIW, if anyone had used a power to see how much energy one of the wolves had used that day they would have seen this. I thought that these types of powers were very, very underused in the game. After two games of running this, I continue to be surprised at how little people look at the energy usage when calculating actions. It almost never comes up as a line of questioning or in risk analysis by either villagers or wolves.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #4890
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
After two games of running this, I continue to be surprised at how little people look at the energy usage when calculating actions. It almost never comes up as a line of questioning or in risk analysis by either villagers or wolves.

Some of us look at this
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote