Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #801
Danny
Head Coach

Good game, BIG WANG TRIUMPHS OVER ALL!!!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:44 PM   #802
Danny
Head Coach

Great game Kwhit, Im glad it ended with a battle.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #803
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Great game Kwhit, Im glad it ended with a battle.

That's funny, I felt almost the opposite even before the battle took place.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #804
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Great game kwhit, but I thought giving the good guys extra healing potions sucked!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #805
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
That's funny, I felt almost the opposite even before the battle took place.

Why is that? Did you not like the way the battles played out?

If it wasn't neck and neck it wouldn't have ended with a battle, by the way. You guys were tied going into the last room, so I figured that would be the best way to end it.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #806
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Great game kwhit, but I thought giving the good guys extra healing potions sucked!

They still had two more than we did even after that.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #807
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

If it wasn't neck and neck it wouldn't have ended with a battle, by the way. You guys were tied going into the last room, so I figured that would be the best way to end it.

Perfect way to end the game considering it was a tie. No one wants a tie.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #808
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post

I didn't want the game to come down to who had the most healing potions. And they were the most popular team by the last room, so I thought it made sense. In the end, I didn't give them enough to make it even, by any means. The Killers still had 2 more potions than Wang, if I recall, not to mention the 3 extra healing spells the Killers had (to none for Wang).

I am actually really surprised at the outcome. I thought that the Killers would win, based on the stats. But the dice rolls didn't go their way at all.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:24 PM   #809
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I had fun

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #810
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And they were the most popular team by the last room, so I thought it made sense.

Out of curiosity, what was popularity based on? Or how did you figure popularity?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #811
KWhit
Coordinator

A few different things.

1) Team name contest.
2) In character posts.
3) Actions that the crowd would like (anything that showed cleverness or led to battle, etc).
4) Actions that were true to the team's alignment.
5) Certain items would also help popularity.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #812
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Only thing that I didn't like (and that could be caused by it not working out well for us) was that we made a couple of correct decisions early in the game and it ended up costing us leveling. The room with the fountains comes to mind as we ended uppicking what turned out to be the correct way out of the game with our first action but the other teams leveled due to a battle caused by their first selections not being the way out. Falling behind in the leveling process early seemed to be our downfall and seemed to penalize us for thinking through our decisions.

That seemed particularly bad because it wasn't like there were choices that were obvious and that we chose to avoid a fight to move along quickly. Especially since there was no huge time gain bonus for getting through that room the fastest without having to be involved in a fight.

Last edited by EagleFan : 04-30-2010 at 04:04 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #813
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So, KWhit, was it like you thought it would be, GMing a game like this? It's very different.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #814
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

After reading what happened in the last room for the other team, I'm not sure why it was a tie. We took two actions to get through the room, and it looked like the Wangs took at least 2 or 3 more than that. Given that we were tied going into that room, I guess I just don't get the mechanics of how much time what people were doing in the room. We were constantly splitting up in rooms where there were multiple actions to save time, but the outcome suggests that it didn't matter.

I'm also a bit surprised that we were behind in fame as well by the end.

I wonder if I should even bother to post this since I don't want to seem like it's just sour grapes, or that I'm knocking all of the hard work you put into running this. I hope you don't take it as such because it is certainly not meant to be like that.

Last edited by J23 : 04-30-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #815
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
After reading what happened in the last room for the other team, I'm not sure why it was a tie. We took two actions to get through the room, and it looked like the Wangs took at least 2 or 3 more than that. Given that we were tied going into that room, I guess I just don't get the mechanics of how much time what people were doing in the room. We were constantly splitting up in rooms where there were multiple actions to save time, but the outcome suggests that it didn't matter.

I'm also a bit surprised that we were behind in fame as well by the end.

I wonder if I should even bother to post this since I don't want to seem like it's just sour grapes, or that I'm knocking all of the hard work you put into running this. I hope you don't take it as such because it is certainly not meant to be like that.

The last room was hard to judge time on. It seemed like by the end of the game, a few people had checked out. It was tough for teams to get their actions together and form consensus because no one wanted to make a unilateral decision, but some people weren't checking in as much as necessary to get a real team decision by deadline.

And I wasn't as available during the day the last couple of days as well to answer questions or process the sub-actions on that last room.

So I let a couple of missed deadlines slide (for both teams) and gave both teams the benefit of the doubt on their actions in that final room. In other words, if Big Wang didn't explicitly state that their people's actions were overlapping, I let them overlap. I didn't want them to be penalized time-wise because they didn't phrase their actions like "Darth checks painting WHILE Autumn checks chest for traps."

I just assumed that is what their characters would do to maximize their time to get through.

In my view the actions to get through the room were similar. No one got stumped. You both took 3 turns to pick the lock. You guys had the additional actions of the Elf's wish spell and you cast 2 spells. They had additional actions of checking the chest for traps and knocking the gem into the water. In my mind, the time was approximately equal. Earlier in the game, I was much more explicit on time, but this room was more of a puzzle and required a different approach.

In my judgement, you both solved the room in a comparable amount of time, so I didn't add time to either of you.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:22 PM   #816
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
So, KWhit, was it like you thought it would be, GMing a game like this? It's very different.

Holy cow. It took SO much more time and effort than I was expecting. The battles took a lot longer than I thought they would.

I'm glad I only had 4 teams to work with and not more.

And I could have been more prepared before starting. I kind of got surprised that it was my turn to run thee game, and instead of passing I decided to go ahead. But if I ever do this kind of game again, I would make sure I had all rooms written up and better prepared before I started.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #817
The Jackal
Coordinator

Great game KWhit, had fun.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #818
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My only thought about the potions...and I totally see you side of it...is that The killers were penalized for being better prepared or lucky...whatever you want to call it. I didn't realize the extra potions failed to bring them to an equal level.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #819
KWhit
Coordinator

Maybe, but every team got benefits when they were leading in popularity. The Killers benefited from that when they were most popular.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #820
Poli
FOFC Survivor

True, and when you said the Wang were leading popularity I was
more comfortable with it.

Good game to all of you.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #821
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Defending Champs Next Year! We're coming back better than ever!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #822
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I had a ton of fun in this one, but obviously, we didn't last very long.

Probably my only complaint would be that the opportunities to heal (at least early on) were way too few and far between. For instance, the orc room in three doorway hallway was pretty much a given kill of the entire party, and to not give us healing potion options immediately after that, well, that pretty much killed us for the whole game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-01-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #823
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Second best game ever.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #824
Danny
Head Coach

BIG WANG!!!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #825
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I wasn't familiar with "xcrawl". Is it similar to the dungeon crawler that matthean posted about in the board games thread?
Old 04-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #826
Poli
FOFC Survivor

PS LOVED XCRAWL. Would love K-Dub to give it another go.