st.cronin
General Manager

Deadline less than 40 minutes away.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #252
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

This game is gonna give me a migraine trying to analyze any of this mess.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #253
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems there's nothing more this senator can do here today. I am eager to wake tomorrow and see the results of our republic's courts, and anything more we might learn.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #254
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hey cronin, are we gonna have results processed this evening, or tomorrow?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #255
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Hey cronin, are we gonna have results processed this evening, or tomorrow?

Results will be processed immediately, and Day II will begin. I have most of the results typed up already, just waiting on last minute changes.

knives out
Old 04-09-2007, 07:43 PM   #256
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
which is exactly the problem...you are supposed to be loyal to the people of rome, not the senate

Patricians are people of Rome. They are of a higher class than the plebs. They are from families of original Roman (or old Roman) heritage. At the time of the shift to Republican rule, I believe the plebs had only one senator and the rest all represented the gentile patricians. So basically we all represent the people of Rome. Just some are more eqaul than others.

Much later on I think there were more Plebean senators.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #257
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

So, does anyone else think of UNLV Basketball and an old bald headed guy when they see the word Tarquinians?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:58 PM   #258
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Cronin, there's a hat in it for you if I win my lawsuit.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #259
st.cronin
General Manager

deadline

pms go out next, then I'll post the status and begin day II.

knives out
Old 04-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #260
st.cronin
General Manager

Santus Cronus addresses the Senate:

Senators, nobles, citizens of Rome.

Non sumus sub rege: sibi quisque se vindicet.

Like all of you, I am justly proud of our newly established Republic. I am optimistic about our future. May our glory never wane!

It is my sad duty, however, to inform you that I have discovered an evil conspiracy amongst us, a conspiracy whose goal is to restore the Tarquins. These conspirators know that us proud, noble Romans would never allow such a thing to happen peacefully. It is my belief, therefore, that what they have planned is nothing less than a massacre of the Senate. It must be their belief that if they slaughter enough of us, the survivors will be too grateful at having been spared to protest at all.

We must not let this happen. We must not allow them to sow fear and distrust in our ranks.

Before I retire, I will give you the names of the conspirators that I have uncovered. First, ...

At that moment, Santus Cronus keels over, dead - he has been poisoned!

knives out
Old 04-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #261
st.cronin
General Manager

The first Consuls of Rome are:

Alanus Teeus
Westvus Fanus

(their term will end upon completion of day 2)

The Tribune of the Plebs is:

Saldanus Lathumus (this is a lifetime appointment)

The best lawyer in Rome is:

Swaggus Swaggus

And the second best lawyer in Rome is:

Ardentus Enthusiastus

The following lawsuits are scheduled to be heard by the courts today:
KAYUS WHITUS SUES ALANUS TEEUS
ALANUS TEEUS SUES HOOPUS GUYUS
HOOPUS GUYUS SUES AUTUMNUS LEAVUS
Coffeus Yakus Warlordus Sues Ironsus Headus
DADDYus TORGOus SUES WESTVUS FANus
Autumnus Leavus Sues Westvus Fanus
AUTUMNUS LEAVUS SUES SALDANUS LATHUMUS
Ardentus Enthusiastus sues Swaggus Swaggus
Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus sues Saldanus Lathamus
ANXIETUS ABEUS SUES DADDYUS TORGOUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES WESTVUS FANUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES SALDANUS LATHUMUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES SWAGGUS SWAGGUS
KAYUS WHITUS SUES ARDENTUS ENTHUSIASTUS
Grammaticus Atticus sues Autumnus Leavus
Neon Chaos sues Barkeep
PEREGRINUS sues PATH12
Kayus Whitus sues bulletus spongeus
snus dvls sues kayus whitus

The following Senators are in jail on suspicion of Treason:
Coffeus Yakus Warlordus

The wealthiest men in Rome are:

Bulletus Spongeus
Dodgus Erchickus
Imus Thecrewus

The following Senators are known to be extremely wealthy:

Coffeus Yakus Warlordus
Ironsus Headus
Lonestarus Girlus
Marcus Vaughnus
Schmidtyus Schmidtyus

The following Senators are known to be moderately wealthy:

Abeus Anxietus
Antus Meisterus
Autumnus Leavus
Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus
Pathus Twelveus
Peregrinus Barbarus
Snus Dvlus
Westvus Fanus

The following (remaining) Senators are of ordinary wealth for the Senatorial class:
Alanus Teeus
Ardentus Enthusiastus
Chiefus Rumus
Daddyus Torgous
Grammus Atticus
Hoopus Guyus
Kayus Whitus
Narcizus Lispus
Neonus Chaosus
Saldanus Lathumus
Swaggus Swaggus
Tyrus Ithus

Persons selling their services in the Forum

Maximus Maximus, ex-legionnaire
Vitus Avidus, ex-legionnaire
Durus Pimpus, dealer in sexual slaves
Macro Gothicus, barbarian turned citizen for his service during wartime
Balbus Senna, political philosopher from Corsica
Faustus Felix, owner of many horses
Bonus Oceanus, owner of many horses

and of course,
Swaggus Swaggus
Ardentus Enthusiastus

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 04-09-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:12 PM   #262
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So I'm the only person that's been arrested?

Interesting.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #263
st.cronin
General Manager

primer

If you did not recieve a pm regarding your bid, it means somebody else outbid you for your services. Lawyers will not know if they have been hired - their work must be kept confidential, and will only be revealed when they perform it, at the deadline.

Senators may place three votes today.

You may place 2 votes for Consuls. The current Consuls and Tribune are ineligible.

You may vote on Coffee Warlord's guilt or innocence.

knives out
Old 04-09-2007, 08:17 PM   #264
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Consul and Guilty/Innocent are all public votes, yes?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #265
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I would like to address my fellow Senators today, for it was I who placed Coffeus Yakus Warlordus under arrest. Today we as senators have a very serious decision ahead of us, for we hold a fellow Senator's good name in our hand. I placed him under arrest under a few bad feelings that I had about him, however I have no inside knowledge or understanding of his possible treachery at this point.

Like I stated before, I felt any inaction in my post would not only be anti-productive, but also almost criminal in failure to do my elected duty. I am very dissapointed that my fellow Consul, Westvus Fanus has chosen the course of inaction today, as it clearly limits our choices in removing the treasonous individuals from our ranks. I would hope that there might be senators among us that could dig deeper into the behavior of Senator Coffeus Yakus Warlordus and if they find anything that would indicate being disloyal to the republic our actions today will be clear. I would likewise urge the remainder of the senators to be cautious with our actions if no signs of his treason do appear.

I fully take the scepticism that might appear from my so called "hasty" arrest, but I had the need to find someone to put under early suspicion and for us to analyze. I do not take my post lightly and hope that it can be a conduit of good.

Quote:
From what I understand, the Consuls can arrest someone and we theoretically could still have a lynch attempt today.

And no. I have no reason for my lawsuit aside from the fact that I want to be richer. Completely selfish reasons.

This early comment from the senator made me a bit worried that his actions were selfish in nature and not looking to further the republic.

Quote:
Hmm. A thought hath occured to me. Can we have several people buy the other services today, in the hopes that whatever info they receive post-purchase can shed some light on just what the hell some of those do?

This comment while not coming out and stating he wanted people to announce what service they purchased, it seemed to start a bit of conversation that seemed to encourage that. I feel that would be a bad mistake to come out and state at this moment.

While I do agree that understanding what the different services provide us, for now we must hide some of that in the shadows in order to keep those who might be disloyal to our republic guessing at who is a safer target. I will be happy to share more information on what I do know later in the evening, but for now I would like to encourage others to not reveal just yet what service they did purchase.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #266
KWhit
Coordinator

I think we need to know who had CF arrested, and who deemed it appropriate to sit back and let the Tarqs go unchecked by not arresting anyone.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #267
KWhit
Coordinator

I am very disappointed in Westvus Fanus.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #268
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
primer

If you did not recieve a pm regarding your bid, it means somebody else outbid you for your services. Lawyers will not know if they have been hired - their work must be kept confidential, and will only be revealed when they perform it, at the deadline.

Senators may place three votes today.

You may place 2 votes for Consuls. The current Consuls and Tribune are ineligible.

You may vote on Coffee Warlord's guilt or innocence.
If I don't get paid, there's going to be a fight.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #269
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I vote that Coffee Warlord is innocent.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:27 PM   #270
Poli
FOFC Survivor

By the way, I got my legionaire guy. He is a bodyguard that I can send to protect someone else as well.

No word on when his contract with me expires.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #271
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Like I stated before, I felt any inaction in my post would not only be anti-productive, but also almost criminal in failure to do my elected duty. I am very dissapointed that my fellow Consul...

Going to respond to more of this, obviously, but I wanted to note that I'm happy you accused SOMEONE. We absolutely have to if we're going to accomplish anything.

Quote:
This early comment from the senator made me a bit worried that his actions were selfish in nature and not looking to further the republic. (In regards to my reasoning for sueing Ironus)

I'll make no secrets about it. I fully want to try and make as much cash as possible, be able to secure the services of who I want. I have no other abilities except for being rather wealthy, and this is my plan to try and best serve the Republic. Right now, I know me, and only me, is the side of the Republic. If I make myself the richest, then I know we have that advantage.

For the rest, there's not much I can say. I still think the best course of action is to get the knowledge of what those things do out.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #272
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm about to go to bed, but I do want to explain why I'm voting for the Warlord's innocence.

The Warlord is playing like he has nothing to lose. In my experience with him, he does that when he's a normal citizen with nothing to lose.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #273
saldana
Pro Starter

i agree that someone had to be arrested...failure to do so is a disservice to the republic, hence i am quite disappointed in westvus fanus..we must burn the weeds to force the snakes from out midst
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #274
Tyrith
College Starter

I think WVU might be a decent arrest target for Alan today because of the inaction.

Outside from what AE said I think lynching CW might not be a bad idea just to see what happens.

Generally clueless otherwise.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:48 PM   #275
Ironhead
College Prospect

Well, well, well. It appears that the Senator pressing suit against me today has found himself in a bit of a predicament. For all that you claim I have wronged you Coffeus Yakus Warlordus, our Consul believes that you may have wronged the entire Republic. Despite the baseless accusations you have thrown at me simply to obtain my wealth, I am willing to give you the chance to defend yourself. Afterall this floor was made for words, not the common bloodshed of The Colosseum.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:48 PM   #276
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I think WVU might be a decent arrest target for Alan today because of the inaction.

Outside from what AE said I think lynching CW might not be a bad idea just to see what happens.

unfortunately, i think we need to execute CYW just to see what actual game mechanics come into play...we have very little understanding of what is going on thus far in terms of the lawsuits and the arrest/exections, so in order to help our cause, i think we have to vote to execute him...apologies to CYW for nominating him to be our sacrificial lamb, as there very little evidence against him.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:55 PM   #277
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Well, well, well. It appears that the Senator pressing suit against me today has found himself in a bit of a predicament. For all that you claim I have wronged you Coffeus Yakus Warlordus, our Consul believes that you may have wronged the entire Republic. Despite the baseless accusations you have thrown at me simply to obtain my wealth, I am willing to give you the chance to defend yourself. Afterall this floor was made for words, not the common bloodshed of The Colosseum.

You evidentally did not pay heed to my comments. My arrest of him had nothing to do with his suit on you.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #278
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post

My post does not allow me to arrest a fellow Consul. I will leave that decision on whomever replaces me tommorrow in this post.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:11 PM   #279
hoopsguy
General Manager

No night cycle, so we can launch right into analysis without any fear of reprecussion.

I'm hoping that someone will unearth a compelling reason to vote for arrest or execute sometime between now and tomorrow evening. It will be interesting to see how our foes bide their time while waiting for us to act on the Warlord. If they have the ability to massacre senators, when will we see this action? If we don't see action, how does that impact thoughts on the guilt or innocence of the accused?

For now, I wait ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 PM   #280
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Murder! Murder in the Senate! We must put aside all talk of moderation, of gradually teasing out the identities of the traitors. Clearly they wish us all dead, and have abandoned all honor. We, the loyal few, must rally our forces and bring down the power of justice on these foul traitors!

As for the Senator currently under arrest, I will wait to deliver my vote, until I have heard more to sway me in either direction.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 PM   #281
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
If they have the ability to massacre senators, when will we see this action?

I think St Cronin dying by poison is a herald of what the traitors can do. No Day 1 kill, since we couldn't kill anyone, and now we'll be losing players.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:17 PM   #282
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You evidentally did not pay heed to my comments. My arrest of him had nothing to do with his suit on you.

Specifically related to his suit against me, no - and neither did I state so Consul. Merely expressing satisfaction that my accuser himself stands on trial. You yourself said "his actions were selfish in nature and not looking to further the republic." But this is more than just money - it is his life. Thus, as I stated ealrier, I am more than willing to hear him out.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #283
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Do we just bold our votes for consuls?

if so I vote Kwhit for consul

based on what he said when he checked in. It was almost word for word what I got so I would say he is on my trust list now and I can say with confidence that my suit against him will confirm that as well.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:37 PM   #284
Swaggs
Coordinator

Sorry that I did not participate much today. I have had an absolutely rotten last few days and it is not getting any better.

I have caught up with the thread and know very little to this point--either about myself or the game mechanics.

The only real thoughts I have are:

That the lawsuits seem as if they will give us some information, even though we don't know the cost, so we should probably keep several queued up each day. I know it is shocking for a lawyer to make this comment.

And...that, unfortunate as it may be for him, we should probably vote CW as guilty to see what happens as far as information revealed and what game dynamics take place. There are a lot of great players in this game and CW is high among them, but just like first day votes, this is likely something that we just have to do.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #285
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote to execute CW

As I am wont to point out in this game, knowledge is the advantage of the wolves. We gain knowledge through voting records and the people who die as a result. I wish there were two choices today, as I feel OK about CW, but since there's not I will vote that way.

I will also, at this time, announce my interest in the Consulship. My families lineage is among the finest in this city and you can count on me to look out for all of our best interests and to fully utilize the office presented to me, to ensure that we find the evil festering in this city.

Vote Barkeep49

My other vote for consul will be forth coming based on who else proves to be a candidate that I can trust.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:50 PM   #286
Tyrith
College Starter

VOTE KILL CW

Sorry buddy, but we have to see what happens.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #287
st.cronin
General Manager

WVUFan has asked to withdraw.

knives out
Old 04-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #288
st.cronin
General Manager

By the way, I just want to remind everybody:

There is NO penalty for bidding on services.

knives out
Old 04-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #289
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
WVUFan has asked to withdraw.

What is the impact on our consuls? We have already missed a vote today, do we have an opportunity to fill this role for Day II? Or must we wait for the vote to fill the role beginning on Day III?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #290
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
What is the impact on our consuls? We have already missed a vote today, do we have an opportunity to fill this role for Day II? Or must we wait for the vote to fill the role beginning on Day III?

If I don't get a replacement player in today, I'll allow the Tribune to temporarily assume the Consul's role.

knives out
Old 04-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #291
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Is a Consuls term always 2 days?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #292
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Is a Consuls term always 2 days?

yes

knives out
Old 04-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #293
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I won a horseman, but I am not going to say what it does. I am only posting this so that if I need to check somebody out who also got a horse, the fact tha tI got one is known

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:33 PM   #294
Swaggs
Coordinator

This decision is easy to make, with only one choice available:

Vote to execute CW

Sad to say, but I am a fan of politics. I would like to see who is "running" for Consul and what they bring to the table. I will vote for who I like best in that regard and am already leaning toward voting for Barkeep, as I like that he came out and said he wanted it. An experienced wolf might do that, but I doubt it this early.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #295
Autumn
Head Coach

I will keep watching events unfold, but at this time am not thinking I will vote to execute. It seems too likely to play into the traitors' hands, thinning our own ranks to execute blindly. I would like first to find the results of our lawsuits and see if we have any evidence to execute a known traitor.

Again, on our vote for consul I would like to vote for someone who has been cleared by lawsuits at least.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:46 PM   #296
Autumn
Head Coach

On that note, when do we know the results of our lawsuits? Not until day two ends?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #297
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
On that note, when do we know the results of our lawsuits? Not until day two ends?

Correct. Although there is little doubt to the outcome of most of them, the results will be posted along with all other Day II results.

knives out
Old 04-10-2007, 01:11 AM   #298
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Gah! Only getting one lynch candidate sucks. We want to establish some sort of voting pattern but that's a bit difficult when it's either vote for one guy or don't vote for anyone. Coffee is, in all likelihood, a villager but if we don't vote to execute him then we're right back at day one with nothing gained from the day. But with only one candidate there isn't the chance to build up two lynch candidates against each other, so I'm not really sure exactly what is to gain by going for an execution.

I don't like the fact that the wolves will be able to not bother casting a vote here and potentially get the result they're looking for (ie, no result). So if people don't want to lynch Coffee then I would very much like them to come out with an explanation and a formal vote rather than just not bother sending a vote. As we need an absolute majority decision (and my limited experience of WW tells me that that's very difficult to achieve) then we can't allow people to slip through the gaps and wind up with no result as a consequence. I'll be extremely suspicious of anyone who doesn't vote.

In the end I don't really think that we have much of a choice. We either do something or we let the wolves do what they want while we sit on our hands.

Vote to Execute Coffee Warlord
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:14 AM   #299
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I see it differently. With enemies plotting to poison us, we're going to need all the loyal people we can on hand. We may not make any forward progress by not executing anyone, but we avoid any backward progress by not executing an innocent.

Let's hear from some more people about the mysterious services. Maybe there are things we can use to figure out who the bad guys are.

Last edited by Peregrine : 04-10-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:53 AM   #300
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Peregrine, you're not supposed to edit your posts.

Your argument is the same as used about day one votes. "Chances are we will lynch a villager, ergo we shouldn't have a lynch." I think it's been pretty well documented that not doing anything is playing into the hands of the wolves. Of course, there's a chance that someone will be able to clear Coffee during the day in which case I will change my vote (if I'm still around - if I'm not I'm sure that there won't be a majority vote on him anyway). But barring any firm evidence on the matter we need to start gathering information now, and unfortunately the best way of doing that is by lynching.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote