Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #451
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
I also remain unconvinced that a particular "skill mix" has an impact on the success of the mission. We are all talented individuals in our own right, and I feel that it is likely that the success of the mission is tied to the effort we put into it moreso than the particular individuals who undertake it.

[ooc] unless it is in the rules - as i was just saying i need to go back and print out the post with the rules [/ooc]

I respectfully disagree, Charles. I think both may be pertinent.

[ooc: The mission action section in the rules does not specify. I would like to think that our unique abilities would play a role in the mission. It might explain why Gambit and Quicksilver, even though they went on the mission, got no mention other than "present." Their archetypes may not have had an appropriate role in the mission. Note, this is my opinion, and based only on the tiny amount of actual evidence we have before us.]
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #452
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Anyone else have thoughts through the first day that Magneto and the Professor should get a room?
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #453
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
Not even going to give me a light off your head.

Hey Nick Fury, I sat through 10 minutes of credits in Iron Man just to see your appearance. I think it is you, my friend, that owes me a stogie and then I'll gladly light them for both of us.
GhostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #454
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

*pulls out a second cuban and gives it to GhostRider
Old 10-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #455
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

*puffs away happily, shares flame from skull with Nick Fury.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:20 AM   #456
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
Anyone else have thoughts through the first day that Magneto and the Professor should get a room?

Human, I have been tolerant long enough.

ATTACK NICK FURY
Old 10-07-2008, 09:20 AM   #457
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Do you have room in S.H.I.E.L.D. for a biker?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #458
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

(ooc: purely an IC choice. I have no feel on anyone at this point. I was hoping to get something from the mission, but I did not.)
Old 10-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #459
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Human, I have been tolerant long enough.

ATTACK NICK FURY

Wow, wrong time to try and make friends!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #460
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Ok, so what is on the docket for today exactly? Galacticus and the lynch vote?
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #461
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
Do you have room in S.H.I.E.L.D. for a biker?

SHIELD would have great need for a rough rider such as yourself.

Invite GhostRider to SHIELD.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #462
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
(ooc: purely an IC choice. I have no feel on anyone at this point. I was hoping to get something from the mission, but I did not.)

(OOC) Yeah, from an IC perspective it's logical Magneto would vote for a non mutant with nothing else to go on.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #463
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

second creation of S.H.I.E.L.D.
join S.H.I.E.L.D.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #464
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Wasn't sure if I had to second. I'm happy to be accepted somewhere after my days of belonging at the carnival (NO, I'm not a carny). It's ashame they all turned evil and I had to slay them. Hopefully S.H.I.E.L.D. goes better!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:35 AM   #465
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Welcome GhostRider. You will be in charge of our mutant division on level 8. Feel free to recruit other agents under your command.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #466
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

I leave for my mission to find out more about this child prodigy and how the resistance plans to use her. GhostRider is the leader of SHIELD while I am away.

(OOC) I am leaving for work, but will be on after to handle lynch/attack.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #467
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Good luck on the mission Nick Fury and others. We need to do well here after our previous result.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #468
ProfessorX
Mascot

The Brotherhood of Mutants wishes to remind those with outstanding invitations:

INVITE SCARLET WITCH
INVITE COLOSSUS
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #469
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Scarlet Witch, if you wish to be separate from your father and get out from under his judgemental gaze, I would happily extend an invitation for you to join us at S.H.I.E.L.D.

invite Scarlet Witch
Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #470
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Also, Punisher, you seem quite similar to me in, well, your interest to make things happen. If you don't mind having a biker next to you, I think we could make the traitors pay for their mistakes.

invite Punisher to S.H.I.E.L.D.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #471
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

The invite to Scarlet Witch should read:

invite Scarlet Witch to join S.H.I.E.L.D.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #472
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Tough decision. I'm still not sure I would be of much assistance to a team, but it seems this is more about choosing sides than helping out, which is fine. I definitely don't plan to join Daddy's Brotherhood of Mutants. I might have been interested in joining the Vision's Surfer Squad, but I wasn't invited, while my father was. That left only the Brethren that had invited me, until S.H.I.E.L.D came along. Hrm.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #473
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Dr. McCoy and Prelate Jean Grey have given fundamentally accurate recounts of events.

I would like to clarify -- Dr. McCoy was not affected by the psionic energy, the plane itself was. I was able to use my power to maintain the integrity of the craft; the Doctor was then able to land it.

The psionic storm was far more than we anticipated. Prelate Grey and Emma Frost -- two of the strongest telepaths we have ever known -- were unable to entirely mitigate its effects. For the remainder of the mission, I could feel it pull at me.

The eyeless, shambling horde of...things...that came at us were seemingly endless. Colossus and Firebird fought them with great strength and deserve mention for this.

We reached the center of the storm and -- nothing. There was no sign of the girl.

I saw no evidence of direct sabotage on anyone's part. Several members of the Brotherhood attended, but I saw no evidence that being a team provided us with benefit. As the team is newly formed, I can only guess that we need more time together.

Some have asked if the amount of energy devoted to the mission was important in this case. I believe that the answer is yes.
Perhaps failure was due to:

1. Psionic Storm (needed more telepaths on the mission)
2. Eyeless humanoids were overwhelming

I'd be interested to know how much energy Colossus and Firebird spent as well as Gambit and Quicksilver. Maybe Colossus and Firebird spent a certain amount of energy that reached a threshold to which they contributed. This will be important to note on the Galactus mission later today.

We don't have much time to decide the strategy for the Galactus mission.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #474
JeanGrey
Mascot

Let's turn to who to standard attack (vote) for. I am thinking that I am much less likely to look at those who have been very active in the conversation. Off the top of my head I remember substantial contributions from Magneto, Prof X, GhostRider, Nightcrawler, the Beast, and Nick Fury. I know there are others as well but that's from the top of my head and so I would prefer not to attack any of those people, though I would have to join with Magneto on Mr. Fury if the need arises.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:22 AM   #475
Quicksilver
n00b

I'm not happy with all this internal competition. We all serve our master.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #476
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
Perhaps failure was due to:

1. Psionic Storm (needed more telepaths on the mission)
2. Eyeless humanoids were overwhelming

I do have to admit to not being as well-versed in our colleagues as some of you seem to be. Are there those among us who could have created this storm through their logical powers or these humanoids or are we assuming they are a game dynamic?
Old 10-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #477
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Tough decision. I'm still not sure I would be of much assistance to a team, but it seems this is more about choosing sides than helping out, which is fine. I definitely don't plan to join Daddy's Brotherhood of Mutants. I might have been interested in joining the Vision's Surfer Squad, but I wasn't invited, while my father was. That left only the Brethren that had invited me, until S.H.I.E.L.D came along. Hrm.

Sorry Scarlet Witch, I was looking at your history with the Ultimates and that relationship with Nick Fury. Quicksilver would likely be on this list as well.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #478
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I'm not happy with all this internal competition. We all serve our master.
We serve him by finding the traitors. I care as much as the next person about people, but I want to root out evil.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #479
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
I do have to admit to not being as well-versed in our colleagues as some of you seem to be. Are there those among us who could have created this storm through their logical powers or these humanoids or are we assuming they are a game dynamic?
I believe if one of our psychics had been the one to sabotage it, we would have known. this mission was just a failure.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #480
Quicksilver
n00b

DOLA, This feeling comes from Hoopsguy.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #481
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
Let's turn to who to standard attack (vote) for. I am thinking that I am much less likely to look at those who have been very active in the conversation. Off the top of my head I remember substantial contributions from Magneto, Prof X, GhostRider, Nightcrawler, the Beast, and Nick Fury. I know there are others as well but that's from the top of my head and so I would prefer not to attack any of those people, though I would have to join with Magneto on Mr. Fury if the need arises.

It will be very easy for me to attack Victor Von Doom based on our past and the horrible things he has done to both myself and my family. I am waiting to at least give him the decency to show up prior to my assault however. Even when he does arrive, I may still go after him if I do not see a better alternative today.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #482
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
I'm not into this psycho mumbo jumbo stuff. I'm into punishment. Someone's taking a shotgun blast, it's just a matter of eenie-meenie-minie-moe at this point.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #483
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
[ooc]I apologize, my connection to FOFC seems to be running extremely slowly at the moment. I'm a big comic geek, but I'm not familiar with certain characters playing the game. [/ooc]

There are certainly characters that could create the storm, including myself. Without going back to check on the mutant the team was going to get, there's a possibility that he/she was the one who created the storm, etc. I remember he/she was an Omega level mutant.

Another possibility was that it was some evil faction within our midst who prevented the mission from occuring. Certainly, the servants of Apocalypse knew who was going on the mission and if there are unloyal ones who did not go on the mission then they would have had a leg up in coming up with a strategy to defeat those that went.

A third possibility was that it was some unrevealed foe. The Mole Man comes to mind with his minions, but he does not have psionic powers.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #484
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

So who all is signed up for the Galactic mission and do we need more?
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #485
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Sorry Scarlet Witch, I was looking at your history with the Ultimates and that relationship with Nick Fury. Quicksilver would likely be on this list as well.
[ooc]I'd be careful about looking at the Ultimate Universe. This game is not set there, so that history and relationships are not applicable, I believe.[/ooc]
Old 10-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #486
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

[ooc]Ahhh, thank you Mimic, I didn't realize there was a distinction.[/ooc]
Old 10-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #487
Punisher
High School JV

ATTACK SPIDERMAN

I'm all about the peace and quiet, but the insect has been far too quiet. I just can't trust a man behind a mask.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #488
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Young Storm speaks wisely. For once.

Thanks grandpa.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #489
ProfessorX
Mascot

Calvin - would you care to join the Brotherhood? We feel that you would make an incredibly valuable addition to our team.

INVITE MIMIC TO BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS
Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #490
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
So who all is signed up for the Galactic mission and do we need more?

I am signed up for it and have sent in my instructions regarding how much energy I would like to spend for it. I still echo my earlier concerns however, that leaving these important missions to last minute to try to round up forces for will leave us with the same results as previous.

I will be tied up in my lab for a while working on various things. Hopefully someone with more free time can round up a proper team for this mission, so we don't all waste our time and energy once again.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #491
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I am signed up for it and have sent in my instructions regarding how much energy I would like to spend for it. I still echo my earlier concerns however, that leaving these important missions to last minute to try to round up forces for will leave us with the same results as previous.

I will be tied up in my lab for a while working on various things. Hopefully someone with more free time can round up a proper team for this mission, so we don't all waste our time and energy once again.

I agree with Reed. I think we need to plan better, further in advance, due to people's schedules. We should look to organize the second mission against Galactacus right now as well.

We should also maintain a roster of folks interested in volunteering for the second mission.

If nobody else cares to volunteer their effort for this, I will set my intellect to it.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #492
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
[ooc]I'd be careful about looking at the Ultimate Universe. This game is not set there, so that history and relationships are not applicable, I believe.[/ooc]

(ooc) whew, I didn't know what he was talking about -- I'm only familiar with the Wikipedia Universe (/ooc)
Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #493
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] wikipedia is totally so useful for this game! [/ooc]
Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #494
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
ATTACK SPIDERMAN

I'm all about the peace and quiet, but the insect has been far too quiet. I just can't trust a man behind a mask.

(ooc) A spider is an arachnid. Eight legs, six legs! (/ooc)
Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #495
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

If there is value in my participation, I would gladly ride along on the mission.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:57 AM   #496
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Reasoning for why I did not go on the mission: It was suggested by many that having all of our powerful telepaths on one mission together might not be the optimum course of action.

Emma and Jean believed that they brought particular skills to the mission that would cause it to be successful. Emma was forced due to circumstances to commit early to the mission. Jean announced her intention to undertake the mission, and at that point I pulled out, out of a desire to not expose all of our telepaths on one mission.

Upon seeing the suggestion by the glorious Apocalypse I had hoped to have another opportunity to converse with Jean regarding which of us should undertake the mission, but that conversation never happened.

[ooc] i'm also not sure -- do we think that Apoc has "inside information" on the missions that tell him who would be best suited to complete it, or was that just his suggestion based on my character? [/ooc]

Charles, you are currently my only suspect, based on the foolishness you've shown. I was anticipating that you would claim not to have seen our lord's instruction (which claim would have actually made you look even worse, incidentally). To readily admit that he whom we serve shall not be the final arbiter in your decisions is on its face a treasonous act.

I hereby announce my intention to attack Charles Xavier today, barring some unforeseen evidence which might turn up.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #497
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
[ooc]+2[/ooc]
Old 10-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #498
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

[ooc]+50! Although that's how I stumbled onto the Ultimate Universe as well, so I need to restrain my zeal with using Wikipedia[/ooc]
Old 10-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #499
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Dr. McCoy and Prelate Jean Grey have given fundamentally accurate recounts of events.

I would like to clarify -- Dr. McCoy was not affected by the psionic energy, the plane itself was. I was able to use my power to maintain the integrity of the craft; the Doctor was then able to land it.

The psionic storm was far more than we anticipated. Prelate Grey and Emma Frost -- two of the strongest telepaths we have ever known -- were unable to entirely mitigate its effects. For the remainder of the mission, I could feel it pull at me.

The eyeless, shambling horde of...things...that came at us were seemingly endless. Colossus and Firebird fought them with great strength and deserve mention for this.

We reached the center of the storm and -- nothing. There was no sign of the girl.

I saw no evidence of direct sabotage on anyone's part. Several members of the Brotherhood attended, but I saw no evidence that being a team provided us with benefit. As the team is newly formed, I can only guess that we need more time together.

Some have asked if the amount of energy devoted to the mission was important in this case. I believe that the answer is yes.

Magneto, thank you for this account. It confirms what we've already learned, and adds your unique perspective as well.

Also, it reinforces my concern, shared by Pietro himself, that every participant save one seemed instrumental to the effort expended in the mission.

So I must ask: why the lack of result from the speedster, Quicksilver?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #500
ProfessorX
Mascot

Foolishness? Is it foolish to be prudent? It is only human to value one's own life.