Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #151
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Hello, Wanda.

I...

I am pleased to see that you are well. I trust we can put some our late unpleasantness behind us, to bring greater glory to our master, Apocalypse.

It's nice to see you as well. I hope it wasn't anything I did that caused all this, but even if that's the case, I don't see how I can be of any help to you all. I'll offer any advice I can, though.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #152
ProfessorX
Mascot

I see the wisdom in your statement Eric, and concede that perhaps we have been focused too much on assembling a "proper" team for each mission, when in reality with the wealth of powers available to each of us I doubt there is a "required" team roster to complete any given mission.

I have no doubt it is likely more a function of the effort we put into a given mission versus our particular skillsets.

So come along then Eric. As I said, it will be a pleasure working with you old friend.
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #153
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
I agree with Vision Eric. I think that with my demonstrated history of being able to find fellow mutants, as well as my telepathic talents, I am perhaps the ideal candidate for this mission. I also have other talents that may lead to the mission being successful. You are quite welcome to stay behind old friend, and I shall handle this on my own, along with your progeny, as well as perhaps several other members whose talents lead them to believe that they would be able to assist in capture missions (perhaps great strength to aid Pietro's blinding speed)?

Perhaps your great talents even include peering into my android mind, Professor? I was also thinking that Magneto would be excellently suited to joining with the Surfer and myself to undo the machinations of the Great Devourer.

Pietro would indeed be excellent support for your mission, Charles, as would my former love, the Scarlet Witch, if she's of a mind to join with you. Colossus, though...

I believe one of Colossus' raw power and indestructibility would find himself of great use with us as we confront Galactus.

Another concern, though, is this quick movement toward aligning old mutant friends together in one team, with one mission. An argument could be made that this calls into question the truest allegiance of one or more individuals seeking this path. Align with only mutants, at the expense of the greater good which is the rule of Apocalypse? It bears consideration...
Old 10-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #154
ProfessorX
Mascot

Eric is quite capable of teaming with us on one mission and then turning his attention elsewhere. Lord knows his energy is boundless.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #155
Nightcrawler
n00b

You may dispatch me as you wish. My powers can be useful in a bind.
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #156
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Hello, Wanda.

I...

I am pleased to see that you are well. I trust we can put some our late unpleasantness behind us, to bring greater glory to our master, Apocalypse.

It is good to see you functioning again Vision. I believe you would be a good addition with myself to the team Dr. Richards proposes given our history together. Would you be interested if Dr. Richards agrees of course?
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #157
JeanGrey
Mascot

I would like to join a team.

I think my powers are very very well suited for this mission. VERY well suited.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #158
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
It is good to see you functioning again Vision. I believe you would be a good addition with myself to the team Dr. Richards proposes given our history together. Would you be interested if Dr. Richards agrees of course?

Henry. Well met, my old friend.

This is intriguing indeed, as you and I have certainly had great benefit from one another's talents in the past.

At the moment, however, I find myself gravely concerned with the threat of Galactus, and I wonder if you and Reed share that view. Our three minds, plus the power of both Silver Surfer and my own android form would most assuredly give pause to the giant's intentions.

I propose that we dedicate a team to do exactly this, in fact: Daily attack and distract the world eater, even unto driving him from this planet entirely. Picture the might of Silver Surfer, the Vision, Mr. Fantastic, Henry Pym, and, if he can tear himself away from his brethren of mutantkind long enough, Magneto... why, Mr. Fantastic and Surfer have themselves been the fly in Galactus' ointment more often than the rest of us put together. Add in the rest of our collective talents, and I'll wager that the devourer's threat will end quickly enough for us to rejoin our comrades in mopping up the remains of the rebellion.

What say you all? In particular, I am anxious to hear the opinion of the greatest of us five, both in power and in station, Silver Surfer himself!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #159
Firebird
n00b

Since my powers are from God, I put my trust in him, and would therefore like to go on a mission, either to find the high level mutant or to engage Galactus. However, I do intend to do one or the other.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #160
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
*nods in deference to Silver Surfer*

Surfer, you will find my power and abilities most helpful in holding your former master at bay. Let us leave this detective work and coersion to those less able to project force on a grand scale.

Quote:
Perhaps your great talents even include peering into my android mind, Professor? I was also thinking that Magneto would be excellently suited to joining with the Surfer and myself to undo the machinations of the Great Devourer.

Pietro would indeed be excellent support for your mission, Charles, as would my former love, the Scarlet Witch, if she's of a mind to join with you. Colossus, though...

I believe one of Colossus' raw power and indestructibility would find himself of great use with us as we confront Galactus.

Your proposal, and......enthusiasm pleases me. I have spent little time on this plane, having been of service to both Galactus and Apocalypse on more, shall we say, universal levels.

Further suggestions of those with the steel to face one of Galactus' power are welcomed.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #161
JeanGrey
Mascot

I do believe that Vision is right. I think certain people are better suited to certain missions than others. I like the team he proposes, sans Magneto today because of Magneto's importance to the daily mission, to fight Galactus.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #162
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Another concern, though, is this quick movement toward aligning old mutant friends together in one team, with one mission. An argument could be made that this calls into question the truest allegiance of one or more individuals seeking this path. Align with only mutants, at the expense of the greater good which is the rule of Apocalypse? It bears consideration...

Your accusations are baseless. I do not expect an android to understand the thoughts of we members of the genus homo sapiens superior.Friends and family have meaning to us. Content yourself in knowing that it is not something nefarious that motivates us; rather, it is desire to serve Apocalypse and strengthen our race.

[ooc: RPing Magneto is leading me to play him as I am. He would be inclined to team only with mutants and would certainly have a preference to join with his own children (Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, FYI) and Charles Xavier when their differing philosophies permit. But, ultimately, I am just a standard villager seeking to quash the rebellion and stop Galactacus.]
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #163
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
I would like to join a team.

I think my powers are very very well suited for this mission. VERY well suited.

Yes, yes, Jean. You, Charles, and the inimitable Ms. Frost can fight it out amongst yourselves if you wish.

However, I wonder if you recall the threat of the traitor or traitors in our very company? Do you not find yourself equal to the task of rooting out this evil as well? Think you that the glory of tracking down one mutant warrants our placing two of the Earth's greatest telepaths in the service of a task requiring just one?

Where lie your priorities, Jean?

At least Emma voiced concern for our primary task, just after it was made public. I have no liking whatever for the method she proposed, but finding and destroying the enemies of our master must be achieved.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #164
Hulk
n00b

HULK BORED!!! TOO MUCH TALKING!!!!!

WHEN CAN HULK SMASH????
Old 10-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #165
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

[OOC!]

Blast!!! forgot to change to my android font with that last post! Does anyone know a way to change the default font in one's posts?!?

[/OOC]
Old 10-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #166
Nightcrawler
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Since my powers are from God, I put my trust in him, and would therefore like to go on a mission, either to find the high level mutant or to engage Galactus. However, I do intend to do one or the other.

You speak with the holiness of the Lord, perhaps you would be interested in forming a team so that we can channel His glory into helping our brethren?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:24 AM   #167
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
I do believe that Vision is right. I think certain people are better suited to certain missions than others. I like the team he proposes, sans Magneto today because of Magneto's importance to the daily mission, to fight Galactus.

I am not entirely sure what the Prelate is saying. But I bow to the will of Apocalypse and the Prelates to serve in whatever role is necessary.

To clarify, I do not have any particular ability that is specific to either today's mission or to fighting Galacticus in general (such as, I suspect, you, Charles and Vision are implying you have for the missions you have indicated an interest in.) But I have powers that make me a useful member of any team.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #168
ProfessorX
Mascot

I am torn - the benefits of teaming up with Jean, versus the point that Vision makes. However if Jean feels that this is the best usage of her talents, then I am certainly willing to step aside and allow her to lead this hunt.

The fact that she seemed to feel so strongly leads me to believe that perhaps she feels she has a distinct advantage here.

I also think that the anger between Vision and yourself is misguided Eric. We have seen it's like before - indeed, everytime we gather.

[ooc] villager-on-villager [/ooc]

I do have specific talents that would benefit a team though.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #169
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
You speak with the holiness of the Lord, perhaps you would be interested in forming a team so that we can channel His glory into helping our brethren?

Sure, that sounds very appealing.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:27 AM   #170
HumanTorch
n00b

Johnny Storm checking in. Lots of reading to do to figure out what is going on, so I may just see if my sister can give me a recap while I go out on a date. She does better with "book stuff" than I do.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:27 AM   #171
ProfessorX
Mascot

To clarify - I do not feel that I have any particular talents that would be useful on this mission, but rather general-team talents.

[ooc] was just playing up the "i can find telepaths" thing as it's in-character, not because i have a special talent of "find telepath using only 1 energy point" or anything [/ooc]
Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #172
Nightcrawler
n00b

Quote:
Sure, that sounds very appealing.

Posit a name and I will follow, dear lady.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #173
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Your accusations are baseless. I do not expect an android to understand the thoughts of we members of the genus homo sapiens superior.Friends and family have meaning to us. Content yourself in knowing that it is not something nefarious that motivates us; rather, it is desire to serve Apocalypse and strengthen our race.

Erik, you and I have little history of cooperation indeed. But even I recognize the sincerity in your words, though I lack the ability to see into your heart.

Have you forgotten the bond shared once shared by your very daughter, the Scarlet Witch, and I? She was my love and my life, and many times I have taken a course contrary to my own nature to protect her, or to please her.

We must all look with some skepticism at the words and deeds of our presumptive teammates in these times. Question not, however, my capacity to do what is in the best interest of mutants, for my history belies your implication completely.

Could I forget or ignore that Magneto is among the most powerful of us? Choose you to neglect my nomination of yourself to join me on my own mission to drive of the menace of Galactus?

It has been said, "Not only do right, but look right." Therein lies my words of caution about the possible underlying motives of those banding together based on past allegiances.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #174
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
... But I have powers that make me a useful member of any team.

Indeed.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #175
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
Posit a name and I will follow, dear lady.

Firebird Creates Team: The Brethern
Old 10-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #176
Nightcrawler
n00b

Join Team Brethren
Old 10-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #177
Hulk
n00b

HULK LIKE VISION!! VISION NEED SOMETHING STOMPED??
Old 10-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #178
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Henry. Well met, my old friend.

This is intriguing indeed, as you and I have certainly had great benefit from one another's talents in the past.

At the moment, however, I find myself gravely concerned with the threat of Galactus, and I wonder if you and Reed share that view. Our three minds, plus the power of both Silver Surfer and my own android form would most assuredly give pause to the giant's intentions.

I propose that we dedicate a team to do exactly this, in fact: Daily attack and distract the world eater, even unto driving him from this planet entirely. Picture the might of Silver Surfer, the Vision, Mr. Fantastic, Henry Pym, and, if he can tear himself away from his brethren of mutantkind long enough, Magneto... why, Mr. Fantastic and Surfer have themselves been the fly in Galactus' ointment more often than the rest of us put together. Add in the rest of our collective talents, and I'll wager that the devourer's threat will end quickly enough for us to rejoin our comrades in mopping up the remains of the rebellion.

What say you all? In particular, I am anxious to hear the opinion of the greatest of us five, both in power and in station, Silver Surfer himself!

Hmmmm I will have to think on this Vision. I am certainly concerned about the World-Eater and my abilities are versatile enough that I could have some effect in stopping him I think, but I could not commit to participating in a daily action against him as that would cause me to neglect many of my other potential functions in service to Apocalypse.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #179
Firebird
n00b

Quote:

ooc - I don;t know how much most people know their characters, so I am going to copy and paste a line from the history of Firebird and Dr. Pym for ya, cause i think its interesting.

"Eventually, she (Firebird) reappeared as La Espirita and arrived in the nick of time to stop Hank Pym's suicide attempt. With the help of Espirita, Hank re-invented himself as the adventurer Doctor Pym, and he was able to move on from his past troubles.[6]"

SO I appeared and told you that God loved you and you were very special, and you choose not to commit suicide but to rejoin adventuring. Intersting, no?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #180
Firebird
n00b

The love of God is for all, and any and all are welcome to join us, regardless of color, creed, mutant status or even humanity.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #181
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
However if Jean feels that this is the best usage of her talents, then I am certainly willing to step aside and allow her to lead this hunt.

The fact that she seemed to feel so strongly leads me to believe that perhaps she feels she has a distinct advantage here.

Upon review, I concur, Professor. If this is the direction Ms. Grey was leading with her post, I apologize for misinterpreting. I do indeed believe that both of you should not waste your immense talents on this one mission when there are insects waiting to be stepped on here in our own house, as it were. I hope I have been clear that my intent has been only to make the most of each of our abilities, as we find ourselves fighting a war on three fronts, putting us at an inherent disadvantage.

Quote:
I also think that the anger between Vision and yourself is misguided Eric. We have seen it's like before - indeed, everytime we gather.

I must point out, my friend, that my words are born of calculation, not anger. While Magneto and I have given more than enough reason for animous betwixt us in the past, I (and he, pending evidence to the contrary) have now as my highest goal the continuation and expansion of the rule of Apocalypse.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #182
Beast
n00b

Greetings, fellow followers of Apocalype.

I find myself in a somewhat unique position among us, as I must weigh carefully whether I should exert my significant mental abilities against the contribution of my equally significant physical abilities to our various causes.

I believe, for the time being, that I shall ponder all of the various courses of action that I may take, and render a decision at a later point in time.

[Read as: I need to figure out what is going on in this game]
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #183
DrStrange
n00b

I continue to peruse my memories with the Ancient One to decipher my next steps, for now I am content to be absorbed in my research.
DrStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #184
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Hmmmm I will have to think on this Vision. I am certainly concerned about the World-Eater and my abilities are versatile enough that I could have some effect in stopping him I think, but I could not commit to participating in a daily action against him as that would cause me to neglect many of my other potential functions in service to Apocalypse.

I understand, Henry. You are without question among the most diverse of us in terms of utility in dissimilar circumstances. I would welcome your aid, but if you feel it better that you remain behind you have my support, my friend.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #185
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
ooc - I don;t know how much most people know their characters, so I am going to copy and paste a line from the history of Firebird and Dr. Pym for ya, cause i think its interesting.

"Eventually, she (Firebird) reappeared as La Espirita and arrived in the nick of time to stop Hank Pym's suicide attempt. With the help of Espirita, Hank re-invented himself as the adventurer Doctor Pym, and he was able to move on from his past troubles.[6]"

SO I appeared and told you that God loved you and you were very special, and you choose not to commit suicide but to rejoin adventuring. Intersting, no?

Thank you for that Bonita. I was aware of your character's connection to "God" but was not aware of our personal connection. That is very interesting indeed. So I shall look upon you fondly in this endeavor except of course if you are truly not in the service of Apocalypse. Not that I have any reason to believe you are not of course. If I can help you during the course of this adventure then I shall be glad to.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #186
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Hulk, you smash it, I'll born it. I live for action and excitement, let's get some of both going!
GhostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #187
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

born=burn
GhostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #188
Jewel
n00b

Quote:
Hello, Wanda.

I...

What about OUR unpleasantness?
Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #189
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
HULK LIKE VISION!! VISION NEED SOMETHING STOMPED??

*smiles grimly*

Hulk, you will without question be required to mete out punishment in your particular direct fashion. Very soon.

At present we seek only a target worthy of your might.

And as I gaze skyward I discern a threat able to stand up to any of us acting alone!

Join with me, Hulk! Let us not assist these others with their milquetoast delays and indecision!

JOIN HULK TO FORM TEAM "sURFER STRIKE SQUAD"

With apologies to the First Prelate, I seek not to presume, but rather to shake up this malaise. Should he diirect me elsewhere I am at his bidding, but I shall not hold my ground and accomplish nothing of import!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #190
Cable
Mascot

There is a lot to digest in our current situation. I'm giving things some thought.

OOC - I am wrapping my head around the rules and the game.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #191
Firebird
n00b

Although the Brethern will not turn anybody away, I would like to extend a special invitation to those who have expressed a belief in God in teh past, such as Jean Grey, Silver Surfer (who may be joining another team), Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver (who has joined another team), Colossus and Dr. Strange.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #192
Aardwolf
n00b

Why should we attack those above us with minimal force? This plan sounds exactly like what those traitors among us want us to do. Those who would propose such a plan and those who would so quickly agree to it need to be looked at closely.

We need to attack those who will betray us and attack with the fullest extent of our powers. We can eliminate these traitors and form what could become a very profitable team, a team that needs a driving force behind it to succeed.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #193
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
What about OUR unpleasantness?

Jessica, I presume that you refer to an attack I executed against you in response to your assault against the Scarlet Witch.

It has since been shown to my satisfaction that you were acting against your own will at that time, and while I regret the degree of your injuries, and am glad of your recovery, I can only imagine that you bear no ill will toward the Vision for protecting his teammate and wife.

Or is there another episode of which you speak?

[OOC - I had to look this up. Bear with me if there's another source of bad blood between us! ]
Old 10-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #194
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] let's not forget, teams are not permanant (unless i missed something in my quick read of the rules?) [/ooc]
Old 10-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #195
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
Why should we attack those above us with minimal force? This plan sounds exactly like what those traitors among us want us to do. Those who would propose such a plan and those who would so quickly agree to it need to be looked at closely.

We need to attack those who will betray us and attack with the fullest extent of our powers. We can eliminate these traitors and form what could become a very profitable team, a team that needs a driving force behind it to succeed.

*peers quizzically at Aardwolf*
Old 10-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #196
Nightcrawler
n00b

Quote:
[ooc] let's not forget, teams are not permanant (unless i missed something in my quick read of the rules?) [/ooc]

[ooc] "Teams can be formed and broken up at any time. The declaration of a team must be agreed upon in the thread. The team should be announced in bold, with the name of the team and all member of the team. Additional benefits may become available for teams who remain together for a sustained period of time." [/ooc]
Old 10-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #197
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Professor, there do appear to be positive consequences for keeping a team together, provided they are each acting in good faith:

Quote:
Teams:
Quote:
Heroes may form "teams" by mutual declaration within the thread. Team benefits include:
1.) Receive a bonus when teammates act together on Mission Actions and Galactus Actions, larger bonuses for more participants
2.) Opportunity for enhanced communication if certain in-game parameters are met
3.) One extra point of damage delivered if two teammates deliver attack posts with back-to-back posts in the thread (post #101, post #102). This is cumulative (post #103 for a 3rd teammate)
4.) Some powers may be more effective in team environment
5.) Opportunity for additional rewards based on duration of team
6.) Opportunity for team sabotage at any time. Can be completed in one of two ways, will be known publicly either way:
- siphon energy from team during night cycle, saboteur gains 1/2 of energy (rounding down) from every teammate in addition to their own energy
- can 100% negate actions of all teammates on a Mission Action or Galactus Action

Teams can be formed and broken up at any time. The declaration of a team must be agreed upon in the thread. The team should be announced in bold, with the name of the team and all member of the team. Additional benefits may become available for teams who remain together for a sustained period of time.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #198
Nightcrawler
n00b

If you have need of me Professor, feel free to call. I do not forget those who have been kind to me in the past.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #199
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

*Nods approvingly at Nightcrawer*

Old 10-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #200
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Join with me, Hulk! Let us not assist these others with their milquetoast delays and indecision!

JOIN HULK TO FORM TEAM "sURFER STRIKE SQUAD"

With apologies to the First Prelate, I seek not to presume, but rather to shake up this malaise. Should he diirect me elsewhere I am at his bidding, but I shall not hold my ground and accomplish nothing of import!

Android, you will certainly be of use, and that time will come very soon. I am not willing to send you (and myself) out this second. The day is never as long as one may wish, and I am contemplating the optimal way to use our might to the greatest good.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote