Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #451
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Seriously? Let's ignore the fact that Narkle has been providing the village with ideas that would help it, that the known wolf voted for him when he could easily have made it a race between Autumn and someone else on day two and that Autumn was after me all of day two so clearly didn't believe I was a wolf. Let's ignore all that and engage in some sort of pop-pyschology test to see how Narkle reacts. Or is this where you cunning catch Jackal out because he follows straight onto me? Because clearly he's such a bad wolf that he's not going to suspect that.

Or are you just miffed at my mad dola-skills.

If you're a villager and actually think I'm the wolf I'd like you to back things up a bit more than just a vote like that. If you're a wolf I'd like you to do that as well. Thank you.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:12 AM   #452
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Personally I'm having a hard time seeing why the village wouldn't want to get more information that only the wolf currently has (ie the certain identity of one of the village). I'm tempted to vote Jackal and then try to convince Crimson to move his vote but hey, maybe Jackal isn't the wolf and he will be night killed.

Vote No Lynch

For this to work every villager has to vote for it really. So for us to be certain that it is going to work everyone has to vote for it. I wanted to hear Niccus' view on things but it's perfectly possible that he's not even going to be on before I get to vote. If it turns out that people are unwilling, for whatever reason, to vote no lynch then I'll have to think about where to vote:

Vote No Lynch
Old 06-27-2011, 05:13 AM   #453
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm so sure about it being the right move that I'm willing to vote twice for it.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #454
The Jackal
Coordinator

Going to put together a D3 vote chart and look back at what we did on D1/D2 as well but the more I look at it, the less sure I am that there's any solid information pointing at one person - so I'm starting to think no lynch is a decent plan, forcing the wolf to make a decision.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #455
The Jackal
Coordinator

D3:

00:57 - 345 - CrimsonFox votes Autumn (1)
14:16 - 370 - PackerFanatic votes CrimsonFox (1)
14:24 - 371 - Autumn votes CrimsonFox (2)
15:21 - 373 - Narcizo votes CrimsonFox (3)
15:24 - 376 - CrimsonFox unvotes Autumn (0), votes CrimsonFox (4)
15:30 - 377 - PackerFanatic unvotes CrimsonFox (3)
15:35 - 381 - Niccus votes CrimsonFox (4)
15:36 - 382 - Niccus unvotes CrimsonFox (3)
15:55 - 384 - PackerFanatic votes Autumn (1)
17:18 - 391 - The Jackal votes Autumn (2)
17:40 - 392 - Autumn unvotes CrimsonFox (2), votes Autumn (3)
19:13 - 399 - Niccus votes Autumn (4)
20:32 - 401 - Autumn unvotes Autumn (3), votes CrimsonFox (3)
20:55 - 402 - CrimsonFox unvotes CrimsonFox (2), votes Autumn (4)
21:03 - 409 - Autumn unvotes CrimsonFox (1), votes Autumn (5)
21:54 - 413 - PackerFanatic unvotes Autumn (4), votes CrimsonFox (2)
Old 06-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #456
The Jackal
Coordinator

D1:

mau votes niccus

Narcizo votes DV, mckerney, and no lynch

Niccus votes DV, mau, DV

CF and Jackal both vote DV and stay there

D2: (all votes on mau after mckerney reveal)

mau votes Narcizo

Narcizo votes CF, Autumn, mau

Niccus votes mau late

CF votes Autumn, mau

Jackal votes mau after mckerney reveal

D3:

Narcizo votes CF

Niccus votes CF, Autumn

CF votes Autumn, self, Autumn

Jackal votes Autumn
Old 06-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #457
The Jackal
Coordinator

CrimsonFox: Left vote on villager D1, back and forth with sorceror the other days. Almost lynched day 3 but self-vote and off-the-wall play leads people to think it's more likely he's a sorceror than wolf, leading the village to lynch the actual sorceror. Never voted for/was voted by mau pre-seer reveal.

Jackal: Left vote on villager D1, vote for mau D2 after reveal and quiet otherwise, vote on Autumn D3 because thought it was more likely CF was sorceror. Never voted for/was voted by mau pre-seer reveal.

Narcizo: Votes on two villagers D1, settles on no lynch plan which no one else seems to think is a good idea. Starts trying to decide between CF/Autumn D2 because of odd play from CF and perceived logic failures from Autumn. Settles on CF D3. Have to take into account that he's in a different time zone so his votes are locked in semi-early in the day. Voted for by mau before mckerney revealed.

Niccus: Overall quiet, but first game so is either learning the ropes, forgetting he's playing, or working the UTR follow what other people are doing method. Almost lynched D1, almost lynches himself D1 with strange vote switching near the end of the day. Not looked at after because of wolf kill on Chubby leading people to think we were villager-villager with him and DV. Last vote on mau after reveal, hadn't been around D2. Votes for CF D3 but quickly unvotes, following Packer because he believes him to be a villager, finishes on Autumn. Learning/following, tough to read. Voted by mau D1 semi-early.

So we have two people (CF and Jackal) who didn't vote for mau and weren't voted by him. Then we have Narcizo who mau threw a vote on before mckerney revealed, and Niccus who mau voted for D1. Almost a 50/50 split on either the wolves didn't vote for each other or mau voted for his partner.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #458
The Jackal
Coordinator

At this point I'm still not much closer to having a good call. I don't see much of a negative on the no lynch front - it's just increasing the odds of nailing the wolf in a vote when a case could really be made against any of us.

VOTE NO LYNCH
Old 06-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #459
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
So we have two people (CF and Jackal) who didn't vote for mau and weren't voted by him. Then we have Narcizo who mau threw a vote on before mckerney revealed, and Niccus who mau voted for D1. Almost a 50/50 split on either the wolves didn't vote for each other or mau voted for his partner.

I guess 2 and 2 is the definition of a 50/50 split.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #460
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm still interested in Crimson's thinking when he pulled the self-vote out of the hat, and particularly the wording he used which suggested he was the sorceror from what I can tell.

I really don't see mau putting his vote on Niccus as a wolf under the circumstances. Yes there's the fact that Niccus could be viewed as relatively safe to hide a vote on by a wolf but that turned out to be wrong. The wolves run the risk of causing a wolf-wolf run off. Yes that might save them for the rest of the game but given the way everyone is paranoid about wolf voting wolf they can't be sure that a seer won't check one of them out to be sure.

And I don't really understand where you're getting Chubby being night killed is a plus point for Niccus. You could argue that the wolves wanted to show that it was a villager that saved Niccus.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #461
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Unfortunately mau had very limited contact with anyone in the game. Kind of easy to look back in retrospect but I wish mckerney held off with his reveal. Then again given the threat of the sorceror counter-revealing I guess he needed to come out with it pretty quickly.

I'm remembering why I'm normally glad when I die before the end game. I hate it. At least in the Chess game I had been expecting to lose the game for days in advance.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #462
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
And I don't really understand where you're getting Chubby being night killed is a plus point for Niccus. You could argue that the wolves wanted to show that it was a villager that saved Niccus.

I've never really thought it was a plus point, in fact it's left me unsettled that the Chubby kill has seemed the main reason why people haven't wanted to go after Niccus. Either it was pure role hunting or it was clever misdirection. They obviously couldn't know mau would get revealed D2, so if Niccus was a wolf at that point and they were able to get suspicion off of him after D1 by painting it villager-villager, it was a good ploy.

I'm starting to confuse myself on the subject so maybe I'm misreading your language or this coffee is scrambling my brains.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #463
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm remembering why I'm normally glad when I die before the end game. I hate it. At least in the Chess game I had been expecting to lose the game for days in advance.

Erm, we were partners in that game weren't we.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #464
The Jackal
Coordinator

Endgames like this remind me of the Battlestar Galactica game where PB fooled me into voting for NTN. I was so mad at myself after that.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #465
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Erm, we were partners in that game weren't we.

Bostord! Well I certainly thought so for most of the game. That was when you read me like a book when I told Heinz that I was going to protect Mccollins.

Still by a Closeau-esque sequence of events my last day's flailing around actually meant we won the game instead of you, so all was well with the world.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #466
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

BSG was the one where I single-handedly almost snatched failure from the jaws of success by getting mau and myself nuked by NTN.

Anyway, I don't really think I have much to add today. Sorry for not committing to the game more but I've got a crappy cold and I feel totally wasted. Crimson has the tie breaker on me at the moment. If he leaves it there and he isn't the wolf then the village has probably lost but at least it won't be my fault and I'll get to moan at Crimson in the future.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #467
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Strangely it seems people trust me a little more now and are vying for my vote. Okay I can go with you guys if you really want. I may be convinced of this no lynch plan after all since if we vote villager today, the game is over as nk makes it 1-1. If we nolynch, then NK, then it is 2-1 with one more vote anyway.

unvote narcizo
vote no lynch
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #468
Autumn
Head Coach

*haunting*
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #469
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Hoopsguy

Pretty easy decision I think
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #470
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote danny imo
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #471
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh come on now
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #472
Zinto
College Starter

No Lynch-Narcizo(452), Jackal(458), CrimsonFox(467)

Yet to Vote-Niccus
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #473
Zinto
College Starter

Deadline
Old 06-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #474
Zinto
College Starter

The Z-Warriors decide to take a day off and clear there head instead of blaming one of their friends for being the traitor. Instead they go fishing and prepare a feast since they know more then likely one of them will not be waking up in the morning.

Night actions due 11 PM EST
Old 06-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #475
Zinto
College Starter

The next morning the three remaining Z-Warriors awake to find an eyeball outside of each of their tents. They rush over to Tien’s tent, the three eyed man, to find him not there and they all come to the realization that it was him who ended up being killed. Now with only three of you left you realize it is do or die today.

Niccus was Tien.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #476
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

sheesh
Old 06-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #477
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote crimsonfox
Old 06-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #478
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

enough comedy for now...
unvote crimsonfox
vote narcizo
Old 06-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #479
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote nightfall
Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #480
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I eat the eyeball outside my tent hoping to gain 1/3 of Niccus' powers.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #481
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The Z Witch Project
Old 06-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #482
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I would like to hold a seance and summon the ghost of mauboy...speak...SPEAK to ME!
Old 06-28-2011, 01:00 AM   #483
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote Jackal

Anti-climax. Thought Mr Wolf was going to try and be clever and leave Niccus and make things easier. Honestly I can't really distinguish between the two but I think Jackal gets the edge. If the wolves are going to win then I'd rather that they win the way Crimson has been playing (until the last day, where he's just been annoying) rather than Jackal's wolfing-by-numbers play until day four. Crimson has led while Jackal has followed. Crimson has played differently, Jackal has played like he normally does - call me stupid but that normally suggests the latter is the wolf. And if Jackal is the wolf and Crimson doesn't move his vote then we lose because of Crimson doing what I normally do - fixating on the complicated explanation rather than the straight-forward one. So I win whatever happens. In fact I'm tempted to vote nightfall now just to make a point. But I shan't because I think I owe some of the village the effort -even if you all (barring Autumn) discounted my no lynch suggestion on day one.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #484
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I've said my case a few times but I'll re-iterate.

1) No lynch voting on day one was the correct village play once you realise that the village could only afford one villager lynched. We get more info, the seer has a greater chance of living and the wolves have less villagers to hide behind. Admittedly they get more of a say in the vote but then they risk exposing themselves more. So, as a wolf, I risk myself for a case that is beneficial to the village?

2) Mau voted me on day two - likely forcing a contest of Autumn vs me. Why doesn't he vote, you know, anyone else? Crimson was being mentioned, for example. OK he could easily move his vote later but then if we, as wolves, accidentally lynch/kill the sorceror we're screwed. Makes no sense. Not only that but he risks drawing attention to himself by fishing for me being a sorceror. I don't like having to bring this stuff up in my own defence as everyone can just say "Well, you obviously had that all planned and prepared" - but no-one else is saying it so there you go.

3) I go after Autumn on day two because I, correctly as it turns out, didn't believe that he would be forwarding the arguments he did as a villager. So what? I actually thought he was a villager and just got unlucky that he turned out to be a sorceror? Why not chase someone else instead.

4) I point out the fact that the rest of the village seemed blithely oblivious to - that if we're 3:2+1 then the village have to vote for a likely wolf candidate as soon as possible before Mau or the sorceror get a vote in straight after daybreak.

Crimson I'm trying to see how you would view me as a more likely wolf than Jackal but I can't. I really don't like the fact that you vote nightfall at such an early stage of the day because it makes no sense for a villager to do that. Well it doesn't make any sense for a wolf to do it either, but there you go. Leaves me in the position where I have to vote for the person I don't think is the wolf and convince the person I do think is the wolf not to vote for you because that's the only hope I have. So voting nightfall tells you nothing about whether I'm a wolf or a villager because, in the end, I have to take the same action to have any chance of winning the game.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:20 AM   #485
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Crimson I'm trying to see how you would view me as a more likely wolf than Jackal but I can't. I really don't like the fact that you vote nightfall at such an early stage of the day because it makes no sense for a villager to do that. Well it doesn't make any sense for a wolf to do it either, but there you go. Leaves me in the position where I have to vote for the person I don't think is the wolf and convince the person I do think is the wolf to vote for you because that's the only hope I have. So voting nightfall tells you nothing about whether I'm a wolf or a villager because, in the end, I have to take the same action to have any chance of winning the game.

Edited to make sense.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #486
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I get a personal win if I vote the wolf even if I get lynched right?
Old 06-28-2011, 01:34 AM   #487
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

In fact fuck it.

Unvote Jackal
Vote Crimson

Inches from voting nightfall. I'm not going to bother trying to convince you Jackal because I still think you're the wolf so there's no point. On the off chance you aren't then good luck to you. Don't envy you.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:38 AM   #488
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I have to go soon and probably won't be back before the deadline, so I guess I have to make a decision here.

Quote:
I find it more likely that CF is the sorceror than a wolf, I'm fairly convinced he isn't a wolf, so I think my vote would be used better trying to nail the last wolf.

Autumn's posts haven't rubbed me as very wolfy, I didn't have a problem with the no lynch discussion, but that early vote on mau coupled with the later switch (even though it was since no steam had gathered on mau) has my D1 wolf on wolf ping going.

VOTE AUTUMN

Ok this is kind of the thing that I'm talking about when I say that Jackal isn't committing to anything and letting others decide. I think he thought Crimson was the sorceror so he didn't really want to move off of him until it looked like the majority were going there.

His day one vote is pretty much as wolfy a vote as you can get - but now because everyone is all about the wolf-on-wolf action we're supposed to discard voting analysis because it's too obvious? My logic this game has been pretty good by my standards, except for thinking one of: Jackal is the wolf or that there was a good chance that Crimson is bad. One of Crimson or Jackal is a wolf and Autumn was a baddy, so go me!

I just can't shake the feeling that Crimson would vote Jackal if Crimson was the wolf as he knows I'm almost certain to follow there. I guess he might think I'm going to second guess if he does but in the end I would still vote Jackal. So Crimson voting for me just means he's stupid and not evil.

So I'll go back to my comfort vote of voting for the guy I think is the wolf and blaming Crimson if we lose. Unless Crimson is the wolf in which case Bah - defeat from the jaws of victory once again.

Unvote Crimson
Vote Jackal
Old 06-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #489
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, I wish I was as confident as you that I was making the right choice here Narc. If I was the wolf, I would've killed you last night, voted CF quickly, and hoped Niccus didn't show up/or to convince him that CF was a wolf. Though he'd be an unknown in terms of convincing, I'd much rather do that than convince two people who have been voting for me on and off for days.

Either CF pulled a brilliant self-vote gambit that worked out (in which I blame myself for this happening as much as anyone else, since I was one of the people that bought it), or Narcizo has been planning this endgame for days, having me alive and being set on me as the best candidate for multiple game days.

My gut had pretty much been pointing me at CF, but with the way Narc has honed in on me and the way this has shook out, I guess I don't really have a choice.

VOTE NARCIZO
Old 06-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #490
The Jackal
Coordinator

Good luck sorting this one out CF .. unless you're the wolf, then screw you as you laugh at us.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #491
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Well, I wish I was as confident as you that I was making the right choice here Narc. If I was the wolf, I would've killed you last night, voted CF quickly, and hoped Niccus didn't show up/or to convince him that CF was a wolf. Though he'd be an unknown in terms of convincing, I'd much rather do that than convince two people who have been voting for me on and off for days.

Either CF pulled a brilliant self-vote gambit that worked out (in which I blame myself for this happening as much as anyone else, since I was one of the people that bought it), or Narcizo has been planning this endgame for days, having me alive and being set on me as the best candidate for multiple game days.

My gut had pretty much been pointing me at CF, but with the way Narc has honed in on me and the way this has shook out, I guess I don't really have a choice.

VOTE NARCIZO

If I were the wolf why would I have killed Niccus? Both you guys were suspicious of me, Niccus trusted me. Or is this yet another case of me over-complicating things as a wolf? Not terribly unlikely unfortunately but I like to think I wouldn't take it so far. In fact why did I kill Packer who was also leaning towards me being good? Just add it to the list of things that say either Narc is a villager or he's a wolf who loves to make himself jump through a whole bunch of unnecessary hoops for no good reason. (that's hoops not Hoops, Hoops is never unnecessary). And then I've been keeping you around just so I can vote you on the last day while not killing Crimson, the other person who had serious doubts about me. Just to make it more of a challenge for myself.

At the moment I'm so pissed off with Crimson that I almost think I'd rather you win whatever Jackal. Earlier on I was saying that I'd rather Crimson win as a wolf with the tactics that he's been using then that you'd win with your tactics. But now I'd much rather you win than Crimson whichever sides you're on. Crimson moans at Autumn for whatever it was he moaned at him about and then votes me with a nightfall with no explanation to sit on all day. I don't know if you're a wolf or not - I just think the probability is that you are and this last post seems pretty wolfy to me. Doesn't matter though. If Crimson doesn't show up soon I'm going to have to vote nightfall anyway, in which case I'll have to move my vote to Crimson and hope that you are the wolf or, optimally that you're a villager and you move your vote.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #492
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't know what to tell you Narc - I can't frame my D1 vote looking good for me in any way, but both CF and I didn't vote for mau D1. As far as me being reactive or coming off wolfy to you, I'm not sure what I can say for that either. I've tried to analyze things, made the best decisions I could.. and I really felt forced into voting you just because you've been set on me for a few days. I think we'd both be comfortable voting for CF, but is it the right move? For someone who was talking about me being quiet and not contributing enough, he's basically gone AWOL since his self-vote.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #493
The Jackal
Coordinator

And of course a post in which I vote for you is going to sound wolfy.

I've actually felt your suspicions of me were warranted, at least when they were just from the vote, but your more recent suspicions of me which are more gut based than anything else have sounded wolfy to me too.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #494
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

OK. I'll give till Mrs Nark returns for Crimson to show up and give some sort of explanation otherwise I'm going to move my vote and nightfall. Then if you're the wolf you can PM Zinto and nightfall straight away and that should be the game. If not then I'll have to convince you to vote Crimson rather than me.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #495
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ok sorry to everyone who put in the effort into this game, particularly Zinto. I thought that my schedule wouldn't work well with small games and I guess I was right.

Unvote Jackal
Vote CrimsonFox
Vote Nightfall

Post #484 if you don't nightfall immediately Jackal.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #496
Zinto
College Starter

Narcizo- CrimsonFox(478), Jackal(483)
CrimsonFox-Narcizo(495)

Nightfall-CrimsonFox(479), Narcizo(495)
Old 06-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #497
The Jackal
Coordinator

UNVOTE NARCIZO
VOTE CRIMSONFOX
VOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 06-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #498
Danny
Head Coach

Well that's game one way or another.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #499
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Sorry village. I didn't really have much of a chance it seems. I just wish Crimson had said that he wouldn't be around today so I didn't have to waste my time hoping that his nightfall wasn't really a nightfall.

Lucky I'm having my summer holidays next week because I need to have a break.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #500
Zinto
College Starter

After some debate going back and forth the remaining Z-Warriors decide that Chiaotzu is the traitor. With some struggle, Gohan gets Chiaotzu held down and Yajirobe swings his sword and cuts off his head. With a smile Gohan turns to Yajirobe but what he sees in his place is a giant man with a smile on his face.

"Goodbye Gohan," he said as he sent a wave of energy towards him.

After a few months of searching Nappa found all seven of the Dragonballs and made his wish for eternal life so he could become the universes most feared warrior.

CrimsonFox was Chiaotzu a Z-Warrior.
Nariczo was Gohan a Z-Warrior.

The Jackal is Nappa.

The Saiyans WIN.

Last edited by Zinto : 06-28-2011 at 03:20 PM.