Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #51
The Jackal
Coordinator

Didn't have internet access at all on my trip, so I'm glad the game didn't have a deadline yesterday. Consider my surprise when I checked my email and saw a PM from chubby!

Anyways, I'm spending the whole day cleaning up the mess the cats left for us, lots of fun.

I'll need to read up on the wiki some to boost my knowledge about the game topic.

VOTE MCKERNEY

The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #52
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
And a game where Jackal can't be a wolf. Doesn't that cause a rift in the space/time continuum?

Wolf, villain, shere khan, rodent of unusual size, it's all the same. I'll go ahead and say it:

I'm not a villain.

Hopefully there's a soothsayer.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #53
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I thought retaliatory votes were typical on Day 1?

Fine then.

Vote Mauboy

That's for killing the DKBL
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #54
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
It's going to be fun seeing everyone who claims to be a hero day one turn around with, "Uh, yeah. I'm actually a bad guy," if we happen to lynch heroes on the first couple days.

Then I'll just say something like, "well, my character is a hero in the comic books but I'm a villain in this game" or something along those lines. You know, typical werewolf spin.

With that in mind, I'm honestly not sure how to make any sense of factions on Day 1. I'm in the same boat as Chief (no powers, no PM) right now and no idea how to help/hurt my faction. So today feels awfully random - moreso because with even sides I've got a >50% chance of hitting a teammate rather than the usual 20% or so of villager getting wolf on Day 1.

Final note - I'm pretty familiar with the earlier story lines around the Cosmic Cube (Red Skull vs Captain America, have to figure they are both in this game) but might not know recent events. My comic knowledge up to about 1995 is pretty good, after that I'm likely Googling stuff like everyone else.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #55
hoopsguy
General Manager

For now, I'll cast a vote on the guy who hasn't shown up. I'll absolutely move it if SnDvls shows up, since I haven't played in a game with him for a long time.

I just don't want to see the quiet/no-show stuff get pushed as a vote later in the game like we saw with NTN last game. I was pretty sure it was a wolf push that time, but it is a hard argument to counter when you don't have good info. Better to get it squared away early if it is going to be an issue.

VOTE SNDVLS
Old 08-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #56
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I've been trying to get the damn pc to work for 40min! Ugh, sucks

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #57
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

And not that it means anything at this point but I'm a hero

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #58
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

And a really good one

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #59
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I've got nothing to contribute at this stage. No powers and no information. Difficult to see exactly what we're supposed to vote off of on day one.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #60
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Just to get one of the mentions a bit higher (lots of folks with one or 2 votes at the moment)

Vote Mckerney
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #61
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

home from work for the night
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #62
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

***NEWS ALERT!!!***
Old 08-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #63
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Im gonna head out in a little less than an hour because of work and be out all day but I'll be around tomorrow.

just FYI

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #64
Autumn
Head Coach

I think i'ts strange for people to feel lost because they don't have any information or powers. That's fairly standard for Werewolf. You vote the same way you always would on day one, really, when you don't know who the bad guys are and don't have any secret info.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #65
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Breaking news from Capitol Hill

A press conference just concluded from the head of the F.B.I.

"We're very concerned over recent strange happenings in the country and are worried that it could be related to a recent surge in superhero/supervillain clashes we've seen throughout the country. Effective immediately: any known super hero or villain will be dealt with thru extreme prejudice." - F.B.I. Director

When asked to clairfy his comments, the director only responded with "Test me and find out"
Old 08-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #66
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

When do the authorities ever win? Honestly

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #67
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think i'ts strange for people to feel lost because they don't have any information or powers. That's fairly standard for Werewolf. You vote the same way you always would on day one, really, when you don't know who the bad guys are and don't have any secret info.

Yup yup, the only thing that has changed is the probability of hitting a member from the opposing side

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #68
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote Jackal

No reason, day 1

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #69
SnDvls
Pro Starter

ok I'm out of the loop....CF's game was on hold....what game is this then???
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #70
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
ok I'm out of the loop....CF's game was on hold....what game is this then???

*points up*
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #71
hoopsguy
General Manager

UNVOTE SNDVLS
Old 08-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #72
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll put a vote on Jackal for his continuing run of long-lived wolves. Because that seems like a perfectly fair reason for voting him this game, spitting in the eye of random.org, and basically disregarding anything having to do with this game. But seriously, I'm never quite sure how to characterize Day 1 votes when they are more or less whimsical.

VOTE THE JACKAL
Old 08-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #73
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
*points up*

I'm getting there....glad I jumpped on FOFC today as I wasn't planning on it.

got my role PM from Chubby and now just finished the thread...was this originally game #100 I'm guessing?
Old 08-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #74
The Jackal
Coordinator

This was bound to happen eventually, just bad luck that people decide to do it when I'm a good guy.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #75
SnDvls
Pro Starter

is this the same signup list from CF's game then? or is this the old game #100 that never happened.

I'm in no matter what just wondering if I'm going to get a PM down the road from CF for that game.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #76
The Jackal
Coordinator

This is the same signup list, check the end of the Illuminati thread, CF couldn't run it right now.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #77
The Jackal
Coordinator

And no this isn't game 100, I believe that was Danny's game where everyone picked a character and he thought up cool roles, though it got postponed past 100.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #78
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
is this the same signup list from CF's game then? or is this the old game #100 that never happened.

I'm in no matter what just wondering if I'm going to get a PM down the road from CF for that game.

This is the signup from CF's game.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #79
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
This is the same signup list, check the end of the Illuminati thread, CF couldn't run it right now.

Thanks

I had read it was postponed, but I guess I assumed Chubby was going to do a new signup....it's all cool. I'm good now
Old 08-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #80
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #78:

3 - The Jackal - jeheinz (21), Darth Vilus (68), hoopsguy (72)
3 - mckerney - Narcizo (29), The Jackal (51), ntndeacon (60)
2 - MrBug - mauboy (37), Autumn (39)
1 - Telle - bhlloy (43)
1 - mauboy - MrBug (53)
Old 08-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #81
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Blade!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #82
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Thanks

I had read it was postponed, but I guess I assumed Chubby was going to do a new signup....it's all cool. I'm good now

heya sndvls, sorry for the confusion. we didn't want to waste any more time before a game started and chubby was ready so we just thought using the existing list would be faster and less likely to lose people.
glad you found the new game
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #83
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
heya sndvls, sorry for the confusion. we didn't want to waste any more time before a game started and chubby was ready so we just thought using the existing list would be faster and less likely to lose people.
glad you found the new game

no prob....like I said glad I check the board today as I wasn't planning on it...and then I'd get voted out day 1 for "not checking in" which would suck as this is my 1st WW game in like a year or so.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #84
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

This is rather late in the day to suggest this, but is there a reason to not say we're good or evil?

Think about it--they're just labels. It's not like it usually is, where the smaller numbered wolves need to hide from the bigger villager group to survive. We don't actually have wolves and villagers. We have two teams, one good and one evil. But good and evil are just labels, like "Red Team" and "Blue Team".

Is there any reason why we can't just all start announcing our allegiances, if not our names or powers? We can establish the teams right from the start, and then just go toe to toe in this one.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #85
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

well welcome back!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #86
Zinto
College Starter

I don't have a lot of time so I am just going to throw a second vote on Telle for no real reason.

Vote Telle
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #87
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

CR - but what if there is some 3rd party to all this? I don't think giving either team a road map seems like it needs to be done
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #88
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote ntndeacon

no reason really.
And I know, I know why add another name to the list.
Well I don't really like anyone from that list and it's day 1.

here's my breakdown of the votes as cast

1)jeheinz for the jackal - just a funny pile on vote
2)Narcizo for mckerney - I bet this one comes off as it was faulty reading of the # of players. IF not and he's good I'll be looking here for sure tomorrow
3) mauboy for MrBug and MrBug for mauboy - vote and retalitation, wash
4) Autumn for MrBug - not sure if I like the reason and put MrBug in a quick vote leader category, but still too soon to gather anything from it.
5) bhlloy for telle - random day one vote like mine :shrugs:
6) Jackal for mckerney - interesting vote here making it a two way tie for vote leader when he could have done a retalitation vote ala mauboy/MrBug gets me thinking for sure, don't want to pile on someone whom it seems gets piled on in WW from my past readings
7) ntndeacon for mckerney...this makes vote #3 and says "lots of people with 2" but at the time it was only mckerney and MrBug with 2 and lots of people with 1. This is probally what put me over to vote him
8) Darth for TheJackal - says no reason
9) hoops for Jackal - another hmmmm moment as it makes a two way tie and puts the heat back on Jackal to defend himself.

got a lot going on here I know....just my thoughts....right or wrong feel free to chime in too.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #89
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - now I need to factor in Zinto...damn you for making my long post seem outdated already
Old 08-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #90
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Jackal
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #91
Telle
College Starter

Let's keep it a three-horse race..

vote mckerney
Old 08-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #92
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hmm, earlier when I said I'm not a villain I hadn't paid much attention to the rules. If we're equal numbered then that was just inviting all the villains to vote for me knowing I'm not one of them, and assuming there are groups and/or individuals on both sides of the coin. There has to be something going on behind the scenes that makes a full reveal of sides not impact the game in a negative way.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #93
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Let's keep it a three-horse race..

vote mckerney

Grrr... wrong person... both started with "m" and I confused myself.

unvote mckerney
vote MrBug
Old 08-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #94
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Grrr... wrong person... both started with "m" and I confused myself.

unvote mckerney
vote MrBug

Not that it really matters, as it's a random Day 1 vote either way... but my "three horse race" comment just doesn't make sense otherwise
Old 08-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #95
Danny
Head Coach

We have a vote count?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #96
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #95:

4 - The Jackal - jeheinz (21), Darth Vilus (68), hoopsguy (72), mckerney (90)
3 - mckerney - Narcizo (29), The Jackal (51), ntndeacon (60)
3 - MrBug - mauboy (37), Autumn (39), Telle (93)
2 - Telle - bhlloy (43), Zinto (86)
1 - mauboy - MrBug (53)
1 - ntndeacon - SnDvls (88)

Yet to vote: Danny, Chief Rum

Everyone has checked in.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #97
Danny
Head Coach

Alright, looks like primarily a three way race at this point, but let's make it 4 for now.

Vote Telle
Old 08-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #98
Danny
Head Coach

Though I would prefer not to have the vote updates go away, so maybe that wasn't a smart vote.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #99
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

WHen it doubt, vote Autumn?
Old 08-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #100
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
WHen it doubt, vote Autumn?

Oh sure, you say that now... last time I voted Autumn I got lectured to