Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #101
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Based on the messages I've received, I believe Mr. Bug's tale. I think the picture may be that image of a face we were seeing at the lynch.

Again. Here we go. Messages you received? Kind of like my letter with gibberish?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #102
The Jackal
Coordinator

I've been set on going to the cabin since the beginning, so I'm certainly not going because of anything Autumn said. But I think I see what you are driving at, will be interesting to hear what he has to say.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #103
The Jackal
Coordinator

Can we revisit your finding of the parchment on the road, Autumn? You said you didn't pick it up? I do find that a bit odd as well, I just can't quite recall what you said because it was in the other thread.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #104
Autumn
Head Coach

That's fine, I'm talking a lot, and eventually that gets you the hairy eyeball.

I can tell you that the wind that picked me up and took me from the road to the Woods was started by a vision of a parchment with weird writing and weird chanting. You saw me deposited in the Woods in the middle of the day, so it's clear that something odd happened. What i saw was in thread, had nothing to do with finding something in a PM, so it's clearly a different event, but probably both involved spells in some way.

I don't care where you guys go, but I don't see a real bonus to having the players spread out. It makes it hard to have vote history, and easier for wolves to hide. I also don't see any benefit from not exploring the cabin. You guys have seen the trail, we've seen the woods, and the yard, why would we go backwards?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #105
The Jackal
Coordinator

The only benefit to splitting up at this point would be to have contact with more people, but unless I find a spell of "talk to people in a different place" I don't think that's going to do much good.

I suppose that would make sense if you found the parchment and it swept you to the woods. We'll see what Dubb thinks.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #106
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Can we revisit your finding of the parchment on the road, Autumn? You said you didn't pick it up? I do find that a bit odd as well, I just can't quite recall what you said because it was in the other thread.

I did not find the parchment on the road. While I was in the Road thread, there was a series of descriptions including a parchment, chanting words, a face in the clouds, a wind that picked me up into the fog and over a ravine and then smashed me into a tree. This happened during the day, in thread, and obivously resulted in me appearing in the Woods. It had nothing to do with finding an item.

I did find an item, and possess one, and so I knew what Mr.Bug meant about the possibility of losing an item, the PMs I got suggested that is a possibility.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #107
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

A clarification: You are in the thread you are in and can read the entire thread, but you cannot read threads you were FORMERLY in. You would have to go BACK there.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #108
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The only benefit to splitting up at this point would be to have contact with more people, but unless I find a spell of "talk to people in a different place" I don't think that's going to do much good.

I suppose that would make sense if you found the parchment and it swept you to the woods. We'll see what Dubb thinks.

Just to be clear I didn't find the parchment. The only thing I did which might have instigated things is declare that I was going to investigate the woods. I took the parchment to mean that someone else had cast a spell, or it was just flavor, but it wasn't an item I interacted wtih.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #109
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Again. Here we go. Messages you received? Kind of like my letter with gibberish?

I have received messages about the item I found, which is not a parchment. Like Mr.Bug my item could be taken from me, but was not.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #110
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The only benefit to splitting up at this point would be to have contact with more people

I'm not splitting up. It was a bluff. I think we need to stay together. Among other things it allows me to keep an eye on Autumn, who I don't trust at all this game.

I'm also not sure I buy the whole "spell" thing. If we assume a spell was cast that destroyed the road, then we have to assume a Deadite cast it. I can't see why a good player would cast that.

Bottom line, I'm following along, but I just can't trust Autumn here.

That said I can see the case for moving backwards as a group too. I personally would find it fascinating to see how other people try to play on what we had done in days prior. Would tell me alot about their allegiance too. I fear the constant moving forward negates that part of the game.

My other concern is who is getting offed at night? If I were a wolf in this game I would NOT want to be offing anyone that was moving with me until it was too late unless they were on to me or I thought they were roled. I haven't seen anyone get offed yet. Makes me think I have had a wolf with me every day.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #111
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Everybody but Zinto and Mckerney are in the cabin or the study. I guess someone could go try to find them, though we don't know if they're in the trail or the woods. It might be helpful to see what they did in those threads the last couple days, I suppose, but if we keep sending people back we'll have to keep sending more people back to find out what they did ;-) I'm kind of hoping everybody just congregates on the cabin and we can figure out what's going on. To my mind the only benefit to being in different places has been to collect items.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #112
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
A clarification: You are in the thread you are in and can read the entire thread, but you cannot read threads you were FORMERLY in. You would have to go BACK there.

Strikes again!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #113
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Everybody but Zinto and Mckerney are in the cabin or the study.

How in the world do you know this?
Old 09-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #114
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm also not sure I buy the whole "spell" thing. If we assume a spell was cast that destroyed the road, then we have to assume a Deadite cast it. I can't see why a good player would cast that.

My other concern is who is getting offed at night? If I were a wolf in this game I would NOT want to be offing anyone that was moving with me until it was too late unless they were on to me or I thought they were roled. I haven't seen anyone get offed yet. Makes me think I have had a wolf with me every day.

I don't know why I got spirited ahead. I saw a parchment, yes, but I also saw a face and heard chanting and a wind and a whole bunch of stuff. It seemed to me most likely CF's fiat to put us together. I'm not sure what advantage the bad guys would get by casting a spell that closed off the Road. It's not like we could escape that way. And all it did was move me.

And the other part is why I'd like to get into the cabin. In there, we should be able to see the Cabin history and hopefully meet someone who has the Study history. We can find out who has died, and figure out what the wolves are up to.

On the other hand, it occurs to me that maybe the wolves can only kill someone in the same thread as them. In which case they would be wary of making any kills, and would want to get everyone in one room. So there might be an advantage to staying spread out. It's hard to say. I'm definitely going in the Cabin because I want to find out if anyone has died in there. But I guess there might be reasons to not all congregate.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #115
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
How in the world do you know this?

This is how I know this. There's nowhere else they could have gone.

Day One

*Road - Autumn, The Jackal, Zinto, NTNdeacon, MrBug708
3 votes for NTN (jackal, mrbug, ?), 1 for mrbug (me) 1 for ?

*Trail - Darth Vilus, Dubb, Mauboy, Commo, Dzilla
3 votes for no lynch

*Yard - bhlloy, mckerny, J23
1-1-1 vote

Cabin - (??tyketime, Chief Rum, Danny, Narcizo??)

Day Two

*Road - Autumn (later gone to Woods)

*Trail - Zinto, Mckerney

*Woods - The Jackal, MrBug (finds knife), Dubb (finds paper), Darth Vilus, (later Autumn)
4 votes for NTN (darth no show)

*Yard - Commo, Dzilla, Mauboy
3 votes for Darth

Cabin - Bhlloy, J23

Study -

Day Three

Trail -

Woods - Darth Vilus

*Yard - Jackal, Autumn, Dubb, MrBug708 (loses knife)

Cabin - Commo, Mauboy, Dzilla

Study -

*Complete roster

Trail leads to Woods or Yard (or Road??)
Trail was investigated by Zinto, Mckerney

Road leads to Trail or Woods
*Road was investigated by Autumn+

Woods leads to Trail, Road or Yard
*Woods was investigated by Dubb+, Darth, Jackal, Mr.Bug+

Yard leads to Trail, Woods, Cabin
*Yard was investigated by Common, Dzilla, Mauboy

Cabin leads to Yard, Study, ?
*Cabin was investigated by Bhlloy, J23
Old 09-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #116
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think the cabin was in play on D1. So that makes me throw out the rest of your data. It would need to be done over with the cabin not in on D1. Me thinks we are still very much spread out.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #117
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't think the cabin was in play on D1. So that makes me throw out the rest of your data. It would need to be done over with the cabin not in on D1. Me thinks we are still very much spread out.

There was a 4th thread on Day one. It had to be something.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #118
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

D1 we started with Yard, Woods, Trail, Road.

Road closed on D2 and Cabin opened up.

Either D2 or D3 Study opened up. I'm almost positive at some point I saw "Cellar" but it seems to be gone. Maybe it was deleted? Maybe I imagined it.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #119
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Wait, woods was D2 also I think?
Old 09-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #120
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Main cabin was the main thread. I know for a fact it was NOT in play D1. I was in that thread D1 and there was a post saying it was OK to be in there D1. On D2 I posted that it seems to have become a game thread and needs to be marked as such.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #121
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Where else could those people have been? We've seen the starting roster in the Road, the Trail, and the Yard. We know that the other people were not in any of those.

I can look in the Werewolf Forum and see that there are no other threads than Road, Trail, yard, Cabin, Study. So there's nowhere else those people could have been than in the Cabin or the Study. I don't think the Study existed on Day 1.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #122
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Main cabin was the main thread. I know for a fact it was NOT in play D1. I was in that thread D1 and there was a post saying it was OK to be in there D1. On D2 I posted that it seems to have become a game thread and needs to be marked as such.

Well if Cabin and Yard were empty D1, then those four had to be in the study or some thread that's been deleted. We know they were in a fourth thread.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #123
Autumn
Head Coach

In addition, we know where zinto and mckerney were D1, and where they went for D2. We know what places the Trail connects to. We know they weren't in the Yard D3. So they have to be in the Trail, the Woods or dead.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #124
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
I have received messages about the item I found, which is not a parchment. Like Mr.Bug my item could be taken from me, but was not.

I wasn't aware that my item could be taken, it just was
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #125
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

Another inconsistency.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #126
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You hear screaming in the distance up the trail. You look for it, but you don't see the trail opening. Just thickets and plants and brambles. As if the woods just swallowed it up.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #127
MrBug708
Head Coach

Is that a picture of the woods?
Old 09-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #128
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 09-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #129
MrBug708
Head Coach

I meant picture as it related to my knife
Old 09-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #130
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Trail entrance:

Old 09-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #131
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Investigate Cabin
Old 09-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #132
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

I wasn't aware mine was, but got a message saying that I almost lost my grip on it during the lynch, but held on.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #133
Autumn
Head Coach

So the trail closed up. Seems they're just going to close behind us, as I posited yesterday. I wonder if anyone was on the trail, and if so if they got flung elsewhere.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #134
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

VOTES:
DV 3 - Jackal (96), Autumn (97), dubb (98)

INVESTIGATE:

CABIN - Jackal, Autumn, dubb

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-16-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #135
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So the trail closed up. Seems they're just going to close behind us, as I posited yesterday.

I thought I was the one who posted that. Around the time I was explaining the bridge always went out in the movies.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #136
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I thought I was the one who posted that. Around the time I was explaining the bridge always went out in the movies.

No, I believe I said that maybe the areas are going to close up behind us as we move ahead. You said I was probably reading too much into it, that hte bridge always goes down in the movie.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #137
Autumn
Head Coach

I expect the wood will become uninhabitable tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #138
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No, I believe I said that maybe the areas are going to close up behind us as we move ahead. You said I was probably reading too much into it, that hte bridge always goes down in the movie.

I believe you said they would close as they emptied out. Not as the days went on. I still think that was my idea.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #139
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I believe you said they would close as they emptied out. Not as the days went on. I still think that was my idea.

I guess I misunderstood you, I thought you said that only the bridge would go out.

Yes, I think I said they might close as they empty out. Perhaps there was only one person on the trail, like when I was on the road. It seemed to happen when I decided to head to the Woods, so maybe they finally entered their investigate order. We'll find out eventually I guess.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #140
The Jackal
Coordinator

He said, he said
Old 09-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #141
Autumn
Head Coach

Dubb's just hoping I go back to the Woods to check what we said, and then get thrown through the air again ;-)
Old 09-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #142
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

deadline, Night actions and item passes to people in your room due at 7
Old 09-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #143
Autumn
Head Coach

I managed to hold on to my item again. Rah!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #144
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You hear a lot of commotion in the woods. And you see the images again of faces. You cast your lot on which you want to go and do what you will to remove them. The pictures go away. There is driving and a crash heard in the woods.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #145
Autumn
Head Coach

That sounds good. We know Darth was in the Woods.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #146
The Jackal
Coordinator

Someone tried to attack me
Old 09-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #147
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Someone tried to attack me

No night actions yet, so that means you got votes?
Old 09-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #148
The Jackal
Coordinator

Good point, that might be the case.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #149
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You see a horrible sight. A tree uproots itself. Its long roots like tenrils go into the chimney. Inside you can hear shouts and screams. Red liquid shoots out of the top of the chimney like a fountain. It gets sucks into the tree, which then backs away and resumes normal position.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-16-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #150
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Itemwise, if I did not tell you in PM you found something, then you found nothing.

Next deadline is Monday 6 PM PST/9 PM EST