Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #201
J23
College Benchwarmer

I did miss that entirely unfortunately. Now your comments about the cellar bit obviously make more sense as well as asking Jackal right off about the spell today.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #202
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
I am in the study.

Danny gave me his spell and I used it last night. I am not willing to reveal what type of spell it was right now.
How do you know it came from Danny?
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #203
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
How do you know it came from Danny?

I need to know this too. I also need to know if Tyke gave you anything DZ.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #204
J23
College Benchwarmer

Did you get the parchment from tyke and was it another spell or just a parchment as she thought?
Old 09-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #205
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
OK - That looks right to me. I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about the rest of us in here. And I gleaned nothing about bhlloy from his solo stay in here. Actually, that's not quite true. He did vote for Chief Rum, as I did in the last vote.

I'm starting to feel the same way about dzilla that Commo has. You haven't really given us a lot to work with - at least the few days I've been in the same room. And I guess that may mean I misjudged you. I think I want to hear something more from you. Especially in light of the fact that the parchment I found I passed to you. I want to get that out on the record in case something nefarious happens to me - I trust the others will know you had a part to play. If I've misjudged you, then please accept my apology. But you must also know that with this style game (multiple rooms), information is even more at a premium. I/We need to see more input from you. I'll gladly change my vote if you chime in with some reasonable explanations & analysis. Until then...

VOTE DZILLA
Tyke, if you are talking about passing an item to me, you are mistaken. As I mentioned above, Danny gave me a spell and I used it last night. I am not ready to reveal what type of spell it was.

And dubb is correct, i have been with him the whole time.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #206
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Tyke, if you are talking about passing an item to me, you are mistaken. As I mentioned above, Danny gave me a spell and I used it last night. I am not ready to reveal what type of spell it was.

Bzzzttt - WRONG answer! I know for a fact I gave you the spell. You should have read the entire thread first before responding...
Old 09-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #207
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

You have NOT been with me the whole time. After D1 I was moving with Bug, Autumn, DV, and Jackal. We left DV behind after D2 and I didn't meet you again until D4.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #208
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:

I stand corrected, I don't know who it was from. Danny also had a spell in the cabin - he was the only person I was aware of with a spell.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #209
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Gotta say - at this point I feel pretty good about my vote!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #210
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Bzzzttt - WRONG answer! I know for a fact I gave you the spell. You should have read the entire thread first before responding...
The PM didn't state who gave me the spell - so you could in fact be lying. In fact, I am more likely to believe you are lying since you are so aggressively attacking me.

Vote Tyke
Old 09-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #211
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Jackal, when you got my parchment did it say I passed it to you or were you left to assume?
Old 09-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #212
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The PM didn't state who gave me the spell - so you could in fact be lying. In fact, I am more likely to believe you are lying since you are so aggressively attacking me.

You are getting railroaded. I will wait for Jackal to answer my question to determine whether I think there is any grounds for it here.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #213
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I stand corrected, I don't know who it was from. Danny also had a spell in the cabin - he was the only person I was aware of with a spell.
Whether you used it or not, I obviously can't say. But looks like you've posted two things that don't appear to be as factually correct as you'd hoped...
Old 09-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #214
dzilla77
High School Varsity

I am more than happy to take a lynch today. If it appears I will be lynched, I will reveal what the spell was. At that point tyke, it will be clear that you are a baddie.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #215
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Calm down guys. Wait for Jackal. I can't believe I'm the voice of reason today. This has to be a first.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #216
J23
College Benchwarmer

So you've only been passed one thing this whole time dzilla?
Old 09-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #217
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
You are getting railroaded. I will wait for Jackal to answer my question to determine whether I think there is any grounds for it here.

Yep, it is very clear. I think its also clear that tyke is a wolf.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #218
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
So you've only been passed one thing this whole time dzilla?
That is correct.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #219
J23
College Benchwarmer

I've stated that I'm fine with moving my vote, but I'm just trying to get my answer before I decide to do so.. it's still almost 5 hours til deadline so I don't feel the need to rush to pull off the vote. Calling it being railroaded is a bit harsh at this point.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #220
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

FWIW Dzilla was the first to cast a vote on D1 in my starting thread and D2 in his 2nd thread(the yard which I later visited).

I'm not sure a wolf playing the UTR role you guys have him pegged for would do such a thing.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #221
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
If you (the group) don't mind, I'd like to know a little more before we start casting spells. Has anyone else come across a spell and were you able to decipher it? I think Danny mentioned in MAIN room that he had a spell. I want to know if we can distinguish good vs bad spells. Or the three mentioned in the text versus other spells/abilities.

Yes, people with spell ability know what the spell does before they use it.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #222
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yes, people with spell ability know what the spell does before they use it.

If that's true... then why does Jackal appear not to know effects of his spell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I believe what dubb is referring to is that I can cast spells and he transferred a parchment to me with a spell on it. That spell is SUMMON DEMON. Now that I see all this stuff about the wife being trapped in a demon body, I'm wonder if its related.

Since I'm just a vanilla who can cast spells, I haven't wanted to use this spell because it sounds fairly evil. So I was holding on to it in case I was in trouble or some such. I thought about revealing it yesterday but maybe it's better it got done today with Autumn not with us, just in case he's not on the up and up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
If you guys want me to recite the spell because it might be a page from the book, I'm perfectly willing to do that. All I know about the spell is that the parchment shows a winged creature.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #223
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I've stated that I'm fine with moving my vote, but I'm just trying to get my answer before I decide to do so.. it's still almost 5 hours til deadline so I don't feel the need to rush to pull off the vote. Calling it being railroaded is a bit harsh at this point.

Three votes based on his inactivity when he has clearly been active enough each day to keep moving is harsh. If you want to vote him for some other reason fine. But all of his votes up to that point were based on inactivity, which is a farce IMO.

I'm also not sure why Tyke would pass him the spell and then all of a sudden today when the guy doesn't post for a few hours be concerned that the spell is lost forever. To me that was the oddest move of the day in this thread. If that guy had gone a day or days with no activity and the deadline was looming then alright, panic, but early in the day when the guy has been by all accounts active to this point, to panic b/c he hasn't showed up yet for the day, is odd.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #224
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
If that's true... then why does Jackal appear not to know effects of his spell?

I am not even going to speculate on why Jackal doesn't know what his spell does.

I knew what mine did and I read it.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #225
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Three votes based on his inactivity when he has clearly been active enough each day to keep moving is harsh. If you want to vote him for some other reason fine. But all of his votes up to that point were based on inactivity, which is a farce IMO.

I guess I didn't notice Jackal put his vote on him as well if he got up to 3. I thought it was just Tyke and I, and I had even said that it was pretty much a placeholder. If what Tyke was inferring with it being a parchment rather than a spell right after CF's flavor text mentioned combining the three parchments or something along those lines, I thought it was important to get to the bottom of it. I think most would agree that putting votes on people tends to inspire them to be more active in the thread.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #226
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Investigate main cabin
Old 09-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #227
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I guess I didn't notice Jackal put his vote on him as well if he got up to 3. I thought it was just Tyke and I, and I had even said that it was pretty much a placeholder. If what Tyke was inferring with it being a parchment rather than a spell right after CF's flavor text mentioned combining the three parchments or something along those lines, I thought it was important to get to the bottom of it. I think most would agree that putting votes on people tends to inspire them to be more active in the thread.

I think you are confused by the word parchment. I found a "parchment." It was a parchment to me b/c I couldn't read it. I'm assuming it was a spell and Jackal seems to confirm this, but to me is was just a "parchment with gibberish."

A spell is just a parchment to those who can't read it. I can confirm that.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #228
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Here's the deal, dubb. WW games in general are tough enough. When it's compounded with us all in separate rooms, and very little information about what's going on elsewhere, we need to make the best use of time & information.

I said above I passed the parchment along to dzilla because he said he was a Spell Expert. That was on Friday night. He had all weekend and posted very little. When CF posted last night that there were three pages of a book, this was the first I had heard of that. It got me thinking whether I passed him a spell or a book page. Today, I've asked all sorts of generic questions to try and pin down specifics regarding the objects. But as the day went on, and my already stated concern regarding my availability tonight, I started having doubts about having passed the object to him. In fact, you also asked me whether I had doubts and concerns, and I said yes. As time has passed, I've been more & more specific because I want the information out there for everyone to see.

To say that I have railroaded him is a stretch. I've asked a couple of specific questions. he answered both of them with what appears to be less than the truth. Instead of going in to specifics to defend himself, he backtracks & immediately casts a vote on me calling me wolfish. You've both been in the Study & the Main room. The only two rooms I've been in. I doubt you will find any specific wolf move on my part. To date, I've been one of the most vocal players with lots of analysis and specific details. I cast my vote at 1:30, not exactly early in the day. But with enough time to have some discussion before I head out. My limited experience tells me the devil is in the details, the specifics.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #229
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think you are confused by the word parchment. I found a "parchment." It was a parchment to me b/c I couldn't read it. I'm assuming it was a spell and Jackal seems to confirm this, but to me is was just a "parchment with gibberish."

A spell is just a parchment to those who can't read it. I can confirm that.
I can confirm that the item I had and passed along to dzilla was also a parchment. So you may be right that a parchment to us is a spell to an expert.

There is now this issue that one expert said he knows what a spell does before casting it, and the other seemed less sure of it's effect.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #230
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Tyke if you are claiming not to be a master of spells and to have "details" about the "parchment" you passed you are not being truthful. It would simply be a parchment with gibberish to you. You can't catch the spellmaster in a lie about the spell if you aren't one yourself. You would know nothing about what you passed. Just like I can only go by what Jackal tells me about it. I know nothing about it other than I found it and can't read it.

I will wait on Jackal to determine if you know who passes you an item or if you just get it. If it is the first then I will vote DZ, if it is the latter then I will be voting for you.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #231
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The more I think about it the less I think I can trust Jackal after the demon/deadite came out of the cellar last night. I'm going to go with my gut.

Vote Tyke
Old 09-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #232
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Tyke you can believe what you want. Like I said, i have no problem being lynched. I will be revealed as a vanilla villager (human in this game). With the other info I have, it will make you look extremely suspicious.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #233
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Tyke if you are claiming not to be a master of spells and to have "details" about the "parchment" you passed you are not being truthful. It would simply be a parchment with gibberish to you. You can't catch the spellmaster in a lie about the spell if you aren't one yourself. You would know nothing about what you passed. Just like I can only go by what Jackal tells me about it. I know nothing about it other than I found it and can't read it.

I will wait on Jackal to determine if you know who passes you an item or if you just get it. If it is the first then I will vote DZ, if it is the latter then I will be voting for you.
I am a weapons expert. I have said what I found in the investigation. But before you condemn, please re-read my posts. There may be a distinction between book pages and spells. I don't know for sure.

I couldn't read the parchment. All I can tell you is that it had red ink and symbols I could not recognize. It is possible that "gibberish" and "symbols I don't recognize" are the same thing as well.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #234
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Tyke you can believe what you want. Like I said, i have no problem being lynched. I will be revealed as a vanilla villager (human in this game). With the other info I have, it will make you look extremely suspicious.
OK dzilla - let's play the benefit of the doubt. Since you don't want to reveal the effect of the spell, can you at least describe it? I'm sure CF gave you some description.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #235
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
OK dzilla - let's play the benefit of the doubt. Since you don't want to reveal the effect of the spell, can you at least describe it? I'm sure CF gave you some description.

It was SEANCE spell. It can be used as a night action to speak with the dead professor. I could ask him to tell me if a single individual was good or evil.

So basically it is a scan.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #236
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It was SEANCE spell. It can be used as a night action to speak with the dead professor. I could ask him to tell me if a single individual was good or evil.

So basically it is a scan.

Why in gods name would you not want to reveal your scan result? I mean if you tell me you used it on Tyke at this point you may as well be telling me you are a wolf.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #237
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Personally when I am the seer my biggest fear is getting caught with my "pants down" and not getting my scan results out prior to me biting the dust. If I had a one time scan I can't for the life of me imagine why I would sit on that information.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #238
J23
College Benchwarmer

Well that description certainly seems more informative than what Jackal shared earlier. Maybe he didn't tell us everything he knew about the summon demon spell at the time.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #239
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Why in gods name would you not want to reveal your scan result? I mean if you tell me you used it on Tyke at this point you may as well be telling me you are a wolf.

I'd agree with this. If you got the spell two nights ago, what were your scan results last night? There's no reason I can think of to tell us you have a scan and not share the results.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #240
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Commo, I keep seeing you lurking on and off during the day. I need to know what you make of all of this. I don't like lurkers.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #241
J23
College Benchwarmer

Heading home from work in a few. Hopefully I'll come back to all of this making more sense.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #242
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Heading home from work in a few. Hopefully I'll come back to all of this making more sense.

I think you are being optimistic. Nothing in the study today makes any sense.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #243
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I'm mainly lurking because I'm on my phone and it is a pain to write lots. I'm not sure what to name right now, but I think tyke is a villager. I'm most suspicious of dz and jackal. I was really confused why dz would only say what the spell did right before death.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #244
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:

Since everyone is so interested in the result and I will likely be lynched today, here it is:

Dubb is good.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #245
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Since everyone is so interested in the result and I will likely be lynched today, here it is:

Dubb is good.

I really question why you would keep this from everyone and only share if you might be lynched. I see no way how this being out in the open is a bad thing. That sad is it worth lynch ing you over I don't know.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #246
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Lynch me - it will confirm that dubb is good. Although he is likely to be night killed. That is why I didn't reveal immediately.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #247
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Jackal, when you got my parchment did it say I passed it to you or were you left to assume?

It didn't say who gave it to me, just that I received an item. I knew it was from you, obviously.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #248
The Jackal
Coordinator

Crazy amount happened while I was out of thread, jeez, trying to catch up.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #249
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Well that description certainly seems more informative than what Jackal shared earlier. Maybe he didn't tell us everything he knew about the summon demon spell at the time.

I've told you everything I know. At first all I knew was the name of the spell, so I asked if I knew anything about it and all I got in response was the picture of the winged creature. I have no idea what it will do when/if I recite it. I'm hoping it has to do with winning the game rather than just summoning an evil creature to wreak havoc - but if the latter is the case then it's not getting used.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #250
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
The more I think about it the less I think I can trust Jackal after the demon/deadite came out of the cellar last night. I'm going to go with my gut.

Vote Tyke

There was a demon in the cellar? I must have missed that. I can prove to you I still have the parchment if you really want..