Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > FOF MP Commish Resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #1
aston217
College Prospect

FOF7 Questions

I have a question. Is there a way for the commissioner to set it up so that a new GM doing "Import Initial Game Files" can get all the files necessary to run the game -- that is, bypassing the part where they have to find their FOF7 AppData folder and unzip all the EOS/fcy/fni files there?

Is it normal for new users to have to enter the FTP credentials *twice* before getting set up?

Also, what's regarded as "Best Practice" for backing up a league's files?

Appreciate the help.

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Dawgfan19
High School JV

Aston,

Not sure about your first question.

It is normal for user to enter the FTP credentials twice.

I use a .bat file to backup the league folder before each sim. In addition, I retain several weeks of those backups. I have seen leagues have file corruption which may not be noticed immediately. Also, I keep a backup of the commish files on a flash drive in the event of a hard drive failure on my "simming computer".
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
aston217
College Prospect

Thanks for the help, Dawgfan! Do you need to back up several weeks worth of the *entire* league folder (sounds like that would take a lot of space), or would backing up what's in the "export" directory suffice? (I'm thinking if you copy those files over, it would be like reloading a previous stage a la 2k7)

What I meant with the first one is that if you follow the game's instructions, you'll set up a new MP league, enter your password, download the "initial game files", successfully load the game...and then any player you click on will give you ever messages because you still won't have the EOS files.

I don't know if the exclusion of EOS files is by design, or if it depends on how you set up your league's FTP server. I would love for our setup instructions to NOT have to include the part where we explain "This is your Leagues folder. It's hidden inside AppData\Solecismic\yada yada. Here is a ZIP file. Now you have to move all these files to this place manually." It just seems like setup is so close to being trivially easy, as it should be...but for this part.

Old 12-09-2015, 01:15 PM   #4
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Wondering if someone can help me through the initial setup of a new league as it's been a while since I did this!

1) Click New Multi-Player League
2) Enter League ID (SSGPFxxx)
3) Adjust settings on that screen (Yes/No questions)
4) Check Entries
a) Server Name: simsportsglobal.com
b) Usermane: admin
c) Password: xxxxxxxxx (private, right?)
d) Port: 21
c) Base Directory: /ssgpf.simsportsglobal.com/ssgpf/exports

As for c), that is a file I created on my new subdomain. Is that right so far?

Next, the issue of getting new GMs added as it appears I'm supposed to send out that username and password to them? But shouldn't that be private since it's the username and password for my subdomain?
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:31 AM   #5
aston217
College Prospect

Ohh, I see, this is a new league you are setting up.

I have never set up a league from scratch so I'm not the best one to answer, however, AFAIK the FTP account you use for export/import should be restricted to a certain directory for the game's use, and not have access to the rest of your server. As commish of the OSFL, there is a separate FTP account I use to update leaguehtml, for example.

I do know that new GMs will need that FTP account information (which is why it should be a limited account), as well as their team password.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:30 PM   #6
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Can anyone help me with this error?

"No import files in proper state and stage to import"
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote