Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-14-2021, 10:52 PM   #1
Mr.CheesyFondue
n00b

Making the Jump From OOTP Baseball to FOF8

Over the last three to four years I've been a dedicated OOTP Baseball player. Finally yesterday I purchased FOF8 on Steam and plan on spending this upcoming week diving into my first play through. I'm looking for tips, tricks and advice on how to approach the game and building a dynasty. Also any suggestions on how to improve the game with community mods or files is also appreciated.
Thank You!

Mr.CheesyFondue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 10:56 AM   #2
Dawgfan19
High School JV

These links should hopefully get you started. I didn't check the status as some of the content is years old and there could be some broken links. I would also suggest reading (multiple times) the offensive and defensive guides (in game help). Review this site and Internet searches should provide additional strategy content.

There are many methods to be successful in FOF 8. I prefer to build a team with a dominate o-line and run game, coupled with a strong defense.

Drafting
MalcPow and Quik on drafting in FOF 8 - YouTube

Playbooks and Game Plans
More Offensive Playbooks and Guided Gameplans for FOF 8.2a - Front Office Football Central

Chemistry
Video: Talking about chemistry and FOF strategy with QuikSand - Front Office Football Central

Draft Utility
FOF MP Draft Utility - Page 8 - Front Office Football Central

Graphics
Feb Graphic Dump - Front Office Football Central
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 01:20 AM   #3
james17
n00b

Playing with the cap is the hardest part. Buy young and sell after 4 years or so. That results in quite a bit of turnover but you can play with a lot of talent that way, though it will hurt cohesiveness. Keep a close eye to your cap situation. Trade middle aged talent for draft picks.

All of that is rule of thumb for my style of play. Just remember there are a few exceptions. I usually bend these rules for a truly exceptional player particularly ace quarterbacks.

Just my 2 cents.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote