Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #51
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexroid
It's in the post above yours

Ahhh...no. I thinks it's quite a way up.

Oops. Sorry Vex - though you were asking about my (explained above comment). I really should read a bit more carefully.

Last edited by Breeze : 08-08-2005 at 02:54 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 02:45 PM   #52
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Just an FYI

I ended up with 40 A level, 78 B level and 42 C level skill table checks.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:03 AM   #53
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

We're ready to roll.

It seems that everyone wants to know as much about themselves as possible. If you would like I can PM you about your player before each event or I can give you everything upfront (which will require a bit more time before we actually start recording scores).

I can also do a preview of each event (like in the World's Greatest Athlete thread) to let you know who are the event favorites - if that will suffice for info on your competitors.

Let me know and we'll get started.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:15 AM   #54
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

One more thing, Would you like a new thread for the events - or just keep going in this one?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #55
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm fine with PMs before the individual events so that we can go ahead and get this sucker rolling. And I have no problems with keeping the events in this thread...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:16 AM   #56
PilotMan
Head Coach

I agree with Jeebs. Event by event, although it would be nice to know what your strengths and weaknesses are before you decide to go easy in the event that would be your best. You need to be able to have enough info to lay a strategy out for each event.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:45 AM   #57
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Here's the deal then. I'll PM each of you with your skill level for each event. That should let you know at least how good you should be in each event before they occur. Then before each event I'll PM you with more specific information.

One thought though: in real life (yeah...like this is anything close to real life) you would know ahead of time which events your competitors are good in. Sort of like PilotMan's comment about having enough info to form a strategy. Knowing your opponent is a great 2nd day guy might affect how many high jump attempts you make or how aggressive you are with your shot or discus throw.

I could post everyones skill levels by event. Or I could give a high level for each athlete before we start. I want to provide you guys with as much info as you need. So let me know how you want to handle the above mentioned items.

Sorry, I know it seems I'm talking in circles, but I don't want to get part way through and find out I forgot something.

Last edited by Breeze : 08-09-2005 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:46 AM   #58
Travis
Pro Rookie

Ditto'ing PilotMan on this one in all areas.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:32 AM   #59
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

...in 3, 2, finger point for 1 and then points to me....

Hello and welcome to Panathinaiko Stadium in beautiful Greece. We are here for a very rare event - a stand alone decathlon. This event is not part of the Olympics or World Championships, it's not even a regional meet. But this event was so large that ESPN had to be on hand (well it was this or reruns of Tilt). After much anticipation the FOFC Decathlon begins today. Sixteen world class athletes have entered, and the competition should be extremely tight. The ironic thing is...this if the first time any of these decathletes has faced off in head-to-head competition. Despite the fact they are all outstanding performers - they've never met on the field of play. That makes predicting a winner - next to impossible. The participants include:

Persimmon Pflaggstettler - New Zealand - this guy is a very consistent performer, solid across the board, the only thing he lacks is natural athletic ability, but his technique is so strong he's typically able to overcome that weakness.

Darius Lesgettham - Canada - Darius is dangerous in quite a few events, but his endurance is lacking, we'll have to see how much that affects him throughout this event.

David Yellope
- Great Britain - David is a guy who isn't exceptionally fast, strong or athletic, so you'd think he would be a consistent performer, and in fact, he views himself in that way, but ironically he actually scores quite well in a few events and comes up short in a couple others. Much more up and down than you would think he should be.

Deacon Palmer - Malawi - This African performer, who is the brother of the Country's Prime Minister is also a 5 time Pan-African champion. Not overly fast or powerful, but extremely fit and athletic, Palmer hopes to survive the first couple events then make a charge.

Al Mighty
- Ireland - Mighty is technically perficient and very solid across the board, but he doesn't excel in any 1 area and that may hurt him in the long run.

David Gonzalez
- Mexico - Gonzalez claims most of his training comes from fleeing from boarder patrol agents, but ironically, it's not endurance or even speed that make him a tough competitor it's athletic ability and power.

Marvin Mello - USA - The first of several US athletes, Mello recently signed an endorsement deal with Mello Yello. He uses the sugar and caffiene to generate quick bursts of energy and the strange technique works well for him in the early events, then he seems to hit a wall. I'm sure he's hoping for an early lead that he can cling to, and hopefully his heart won't explode during the event.

Brian Babson - Australia - The former boxer, former golfer has decided to give track and field a try, saying, "I got tired of getting hit in the face and missing 3 foot putts." He's actually much better than people expected him to be, having great speed, power and technique. He competes for Australia because his last golf event was held there, and he failed to win enough money to return home. Surprisingly, his endurance is lacking, his comment when confronted by that question is "I did enough road work for a lifetime when I was a boxer" and of course "if you ask me about it again, I'll kick your ass."

Kyle Kappe - Holland - Kappe is fast, athletic and technically sound. However, his power and endurance are lacking. Kappe is another one to watch in the early events.

Vladislav Ivanov - Russia - Russia's lone entry into the event follows a long line of successful decathletes. the Russian national champion was selected at a young age for track and field, and has blossomed ever since. He has been accused of using performance enhancers but has never tested positive. He says there is no truth to the rumor that if he doesn't get a medal in this event he'll be executed when he returns, "No way, this is the 21st Century, we only did that in the 20th."

Brendan A Eckberg - Sweden - The former Rugby player with a hot temper is a tough customer, and most of his game is built around power. Look for him to do well in the Shot Putt.

Kem Soldier - USA - Athletic, technical and a guy that can run forever. Kem is built differently that most of the other competitors, so I expect he will make quick jumps up the leaderboard when we get to events where he excels, because he excels in many events the other contestents are weak in.

Stan Gunner - USA - Power and technique will have to carry Stan if he's going to find himself on the medal platform. His interesting training techniques, designed by his father, have worked well for him so far...and I believe he may actually be strong enough and technically proficient enough...to win. That would not only make his father proud, but also rich as other athletes will flock to his home for training.

Vex Elli - USA - about as consistent as it comes. He may not win a single event, but he easily could win the gold medal.

S.F.L. Cat - USA - The guy refuses to say why he has 4 names and simply goes by letters on the first 3, but regardless...he's a good decathlete. He is not good in the middle events of either day so he needs to do well in events 1, 5, 6, and 10 if he hopes to win.

Jeff Nights - USA - Jeff is an up and down peformer. He could literally win 5 events, and come in last in 4 others. It's a dangerous mix, can he perform good enough in his 5 strong events to overcome his 4 weak ones?

I have gone back and looked at some scores that each competitor posted in other meets and I've come up with a high level best guess list of who should perform well and who should perform poorly in each event.

100 Meters
Strong: Lesgettham, Yellope, Mello, Babson, Kappe, Ivanov
Weak: Palmer, Mighty, Gonzalez, Gunner, Nights

Long Jump
Strong: Lesgettham, Mello, Babson, Kappe, Gunner
Weak: Palmer, Soldier, Cat

Shot Putt
Strong: Pflaggstettler, Gonzalez, Mello, Babson, Eckberg, Gunner, Nights
Weak: Yellope, Soldier, Cat

High Jump
Strong: Gonzalez, Gunner, Nights
Weak: Mello, Ivanov, Cat

400 Meters
Strong: Yellope, Ivanov, Soldier, Cat
Weak: Lesgettham, Mighty, Gonzalez, Babson, Kappe, Eckberg, Gunner, Nights

110 Meter Hurdles
Strong: Lesgettham, Babson, Kappe, Soldier, Elli, Cat
Weak: Pflaggstettler, Ivanov, Eckberg, Nights

Discus
Strong: Pflaggstettler, Nights
Weak: Yellope, Cat

Pole Vault
Strong: Nights
Weak: Mello, Cat

Javelin
Strong: Gunner, Nights
Weak: Soldier, Cat

1500 Meters
Strong: Yellope, Palmer, Soldier, Cat
Weak: Pflaggstettler, Lesgettham, Mighty, Gonzalez, Mello, Babson, Kappe, Eckberg, Gunner, Nights

Now that assessment is just high level and a number of things need to be taken into consideration, but at least if give you an idea of what to expect and who to watch in each event. I'll be explaining the events and rules to you shortly so stay tuned....[fade out audio]

Announcer voice: this event is brought to you by EA Sports - when it's in the game it's in the game. Mello Yellow - you can buzz like Marvin too, and Bullzeye Putters - even Babson can make the short ones with a bullzeye.

[fade to black - cut to commercial]

Last edited by Breeze : 08-10-2005 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:51 AM   #60
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

RULES:

1st EVENT: 100 METER DASH
No interaction on your part.

2nd EVENT: LONG JUMP
You will get 3 attempts but before each attempt you must announce Aggressive, Normal, Conservative. You will get a score with a conservative attempt. Foul attempts increase as the aggressiveness increases, the chances of injuries also increase. Players may choose to pass an attempt if they are pleased with a previous jump. Passing avoids possible injury and will grant you energy later for the High Jump or 400 meters. 2 passes in the shot and long jump combine for 1 high jump attempt.

3rd EVENT: SHOT PUT
See: Long Jump

4th EVENT: HIGH JUMP
Competition opens at 6'. Each athlete must annouce if they will attempt or pass. The bar moves up 1" at a time (each athlete has a max height - which will be PMed to them prior to the start of the event). The player may continue to jump until they have 3 consecutive misses. The player will be credited with points for the last successfully cleared height.

This event is the one that affects fatigue. If the player attempts 7 or less there is no fatigue penalty in the 400. The rest of the penalties are as follows:

8 or 9 - +.2 seconds
10 or 11 - +.4 seconds
12 or 13 - +.6 seconds
14 or 15 - +.8 seconds
16 > - 1 second

(don't forget the additional attempt without fatigue penalty for every 2 shot putt and long jump attempts passed)

5th EVENT: 400 METER RUN

6th EVENT: 110 METER HIGH HURDLES
No interaction on your part

7th EVENT: DISCUS

8th EVENT: POLE VAULT
See: High Jump

Fatigue penalties that affect the 1500:

7 or less - none
8,9,10 - level 1 fatigue
11,12,13 - level 2 fatigue
14 > - level 3 fatigue

(not a specific number, but references a result in the 1500 meter card)

9th EVENT: JAVELIN

10th EVENT: 1500 METER RUN
Old 08-10-2005, 08:58 AM   #61
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

INJURY NOTES:

Day 1

100 Meters - injured in this event - +.3 seconds

Long Jump - injured in this event - use safe columns for all remaining jumps
- injured in earlier event - use safe column for all attempts

Shot Putt - see long jump

High Jump - No Effect
- No Effect

400 Meters - injured in this event - +1 second for this and each remaining 100 meters
- +4 seconds (+1 second for each 100 meters)

Day 2

110 Meter Hurdles - injured in this event - +.4 seconds
- injured in previous day - +.2 seconds

Discus - injured in this event - safe on all remaining attempts
- injured in earlier day 2 event - safe on all attempts
- injured in day 1 - can't use aggressive style

Pole Vault - no effect

Javelin - see Discus

1500 Meters - injured in this event or earlier in the day +10 seconds
- injured in day 1 - +.5 seconds

Last edited by Breeze : 08-10-2005 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #62
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Cool. I'll be checking my PM box.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #63
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 1 - 100 Meters

Since you have no interaction in this event - I'm going breakdown the cards a little more here.

Pflaggstettler - Received a good draw in the column creation - this B level performer has some low scores on high probability rolls - it would not surprise me if he got a score in the 10:55 range.

Lesgettham - his results are pretty much on par with an A level card, but he does have a very unsettling 10.60 result on one of the 2 most likely outcomes. He also has a blazing 10.15 on another highly probably roll.

Yellope - like Lesgettham has some poor rolls on high probability outcomes - 10.65 and 10.55. He does have quite a few results in the 10.3 range.

Palmer - for a C level check he has a pretty good card. He could get below an 11 second time, but if he rolls a 33 (high probability roll) he'll get tagged with an 11.6 (ouch).

Mighty - another C level guy, but 2 of the most common rolls are below 11 seconds. They are 2 of only about 8 that are below 11. If he rolls a 23 (decent chance of that) he'll get a 10.65 - and have hit the jackpot.

Gonzalez - everything is right around 11 seconds.

Mello - He flys - the two highest probability outcomes are both 10.35 and there are several others that are below 10.5. Anything over 10.5 and Mello had a horrible roll.

Babson - A 10.75 on the prime number is frieghting. Despite being an A performer he has quite a few rolls over a 10.5 I'd say poor luck when this column was created, but he can still roll in the 10.3's.

Kappe - A solid card in the most frequently rolled outcomes. 10.4's to 10.5's. A 21 will give him a 10.15 (but 21 is hard to roll).

Ivanov - 10.9 on the 34 roll. That's awful. The rest of the outcomes in the high probabily rolls are similar to Kappe.

Eckberg - this is an interesting card. He's a B level performer but he has a bunch of 11 second results in the high probability outcomes, which is terrible, but he also has 10.35 on a 36, which if rolled might win the event outright.

Soldier - solid B level card - Most results between 10.5 and 10.7

Gunner - Solid C level card. No strange results - should end up around 11 seconds.

Elli - this is a B card that looks an awful lot like a C. Too many results around 11 seconds

Cat - Another bad B level card. Cat has to hope for a 34 roll - which would give him a 10.5. Seven of the other results in the 30's are 10.8 or worse.

Nights - Here is a C performer who's card is arguably better than the 2 B cards listed just above him. IN fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nights outperforms both Cat and Elli.

Last edited by Breeze : 08-10-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:53 AM   #64
Travis
Pro Rookie

Awesome stuff, definitely anxiously awaiting this.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:12 AM   #65
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 1 - 100 Meters

This event will be divided into 2 heats:

Heat 1
Pflaggstettler
Lesgettham
Yellope
Palmer
Mighty
Gonzalez
Mello
Babson

Heat 2

Kappe
Ivanov
Eckberg
Soldier
Gunner
Elli
Cat
Nights

Prediction Heat 1

Mello wins the event, and possibly by a more than a tenth. Yellope finishes 2nd and Babson and Lesgettham battle for 3. Pflaggstettler probably is next with the remaining 3 finishing in any order.

Prediction Heat 2

Kappe and Ivanov should run away with this one and I think Kappe wins the heat. I like Eckberg to take 3rd in the heat with a bunching of the remaining 5.

Last edited by Breeze : 08-10-2005 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:21 AM   #66
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 1 - 100 Meters - Heat 1

The runners enter the starting blocks, the take their marks and the gun sounds. The runners explode out of their crouches and begin their sprint when the gun sounds again and again and again....FALSE START.

The False Start is charged to Palmer.

The runners go through the routine of getting set. The gun sounds and they are off. It's a clean start and as expect Mello jumps out quickly, Babson is right on his hip in lane 8, and Yellope and Lesgettham are keeping pace in lanes 2 and 3. Even less than half way down the track it is obvious the rest of the field isn't going to keep up. Palmer, got a horrible start, probably protecting against a second false start, and he actually trails the entire field by a wide margin.

As the runners head for the tape, there is the lean and...

Mello and Babson tie
Yellope is 3rd
Lesgettham is a half a step back in 4th
Pflaggstettler gets 5th
Gonzalez is 6
Mighty takes 7
and Palmer gets 8
Old 08-10-2005, 11:25 AM   #67
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

OFFICIAL TIMES - HEAT 1

The all important official times have been released.

Code:
Mello 10.35 Babson 10.35 Yellope 10.40 Lesgettham 10.50 Pflaggstettler 10.90 Gonzalez 11.00 Mighty 11.05 Palmer 11.60

Last edited by Breeze : 08-10-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:31 AM   #68
StanGunner
Mascot

good job..watching and reading..waiting for next one
StanGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #69
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 1 - 100 Meters - Heat 2

The runners enter the blocks, they get set the gun sounds and they're off. A clean start and a bunching of the runners. They are so tight it's hard to tell who's actually leading. By the midway point things begin to take shape. Kappe is out in front followed by Ivanov. The rest are still tightly bunched, except for Nights who's a full step behind the second group of runners.

As Kappe is finishing Eckberg and Soldier begin to fall behind Gunner, Elli, and Cat.

The final order of finish is:

Kappe - 1st
Ivanov - 2nd
Elli, Gunner, and Cat right on Ivanov's heals for 3rd
Eckberg and Soldier
Nights brings up the rear

I'll have to wait on the official time, but I believe Kappe is just off the pace set by Babson and Mello, but Nights is well in front of Palmers time. In fact, I believe Nights broke 11 seconds.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:47 AM   #70
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

OFFICIAL TIMES - Heat 2

Code:
Kappe 10.40 Ivanov 10.55 Gunner 10.60 Elli 10.60 Cat 10.60 Eckberg 10.80 Soldier 10.80 Nights 10.95

Last edited by Breeze : 08-10-2005 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:58 AM   #71
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

LEADERBOARD - After 1 Event

Code:
Mello 1011 Babson 1011 Yellope 999 Kappe 999 Lesgettham 975 Ivanov 963 Gunner 952 Elli 952 Cat 952 Eckberg 906 Soldier 906 Pflaggstettler 883 Nights 872 Gonzalez 861 Mighty 850 Palmer 732

Last edited by Breeze : 08-10-2005 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:07 PM   #72
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Let's just call it off here. No need to even try the other events.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:29 PM   #73
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Sweet. I was a bit nervous reading Babson's chances...and thanks Breeze for the intro. Yours is much more interesting than I would've written.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:12 PM   #74
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 1 - REVIEW

Mello did extremely well in this event, but he was expected to. Babson, though an A performer in the 100 was probably a bit lucky to get the results he did, but the biggest winner was Gunner. A C level performer and not a great one at that he managed to beat most of the B level players. Surprisingly, 2 B cards that I thought weren't good tied Gunner for 7th place in the event, Cat and Elli. Pflaggsettler was a card I thought was good for a B card, but boy he got a bad roll. Palmer also got the terrible 33 which posted the 11.60 and it puts him behind the 8 ball. After 1 event he alread finds himself 250 points back.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:17 PM   #75
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 2 - Long Jump NOTE:

I will give you information about your player in the Long Jump before I'll need your announcement on how you expect to do your attempt (aggressive, normal, conservative), so you'll have an idea on what each type of attempt will give you.

I can PM this information if you'd rather keep it secret, or post it like I did for the 100 meters if you don't care about others knowing (I don't think it will really matter who knows before hand)

Last edited by Breeze : 08-10-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:19 PM   #76
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

PMs might be best for stragety, but that would take you forever. I personally don't mind if you just post it here.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:35 PM   #77
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 2 - Long Jump - Result Specifics

Chances of Occurance

Conservative
Fouls - 0%
Injuries - 0%

Normal
Fouls - 29.17%
Injuries - 2.31%

Aggressive
Fouls - 58.33%
Injuries - 4.63%

NOTE: Any roll that results in an injury also results in a foul.

Last edited by Breeze : 08-10-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:30 PM   #78
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I say just post it here.

This is pretty cool. Nice work.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:19 AM   #79
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 2 - Long Jump

I guess no one has any issues with me posting more specifics here - so I'll do that now.

Pflaggstettler
Conservative - can get over 23' here, which isn't bad for conservative, most probably outcomes are just over 22'.
Normal - 25' 6" is the high end and there are a couple other results of 25' or better. Could easily better 24' in this column.
Aggressive - 25' 9" is the best in the column, but it's also on the rarest possible roll. 25' 8" is also available, everything else is below 25', and most are below 24' - overall not a great aggressive column.

Lesgettham
Conservative - has results over 25' in this column. Including a very getable 24' 11" result on 24. However, the most common outcomes are 23' and 22' 11".
Normal - several results over 25', and two that reach 26' 2", anything under 24' would be a bad roll.
Aggressive - 26' 7" is the top end, a few others over 26' - including the 26' 6" outcome on 15.

Yellope

Conservative - 1 result over 24', most fall below 23'
Normal - a couple 25' 6" outcomes appear to the best in the column, a decent possibilty of hitting one of them. Most of the results are in the 24' range.
Aggressive - 25' 10" is the high, two other results over 25', quite a few short throws intersperced (22' range)

Palmer
Conservative - Nothing stands out - most results are in the 20' to 22' foot range.
Normal - again the results are quite bunched, but I dont' believe there is a result that reaches 24', most are in the upper 22' to lower 23' range.
Aggressive - a couple 24' results, a couple 23' results the rest are similar to the conservative column.

Mighty
Conservative - 24' 3" is the high, but it's no likely you'll hit it. Probably will roll around 21' 3"
Normal - A couple 25' 2" inch results, a couple high 24' ones as well.
Aggressive - 25' 10" result is the best - but it's on the impossible 19. A couple 25' 7" are in better spots. One 24' result, all the rest are less than 24'

Gonzalez
Conservative - 24' 7" is the high end, and a couple other 24' outcomes. All and all a pretty strong column
Normal - 25' 6" is the high, quite a few 24' 11" outcomes.
Aggressive - 3 results over 25' with the high on 25' 9".

Mello
Conservative - 25' 4" is the high, quite a few results over 24' , several in the 20' range as well.
Normal - couple rolls over 26', several over 25' - should get a result over 24' as long as it isn't a foul.
Aggressive - 5 results in the 26' 6" or 7" range. 1 25', a couple others in the 24', the rest are lower.

Babson
Conservative - 24' 4" high, a couple others over 24' and should get at least a 22' result in this column.
Normal - 26' 3" on the 19 (not likely), a 26' 1" result on 24 (not impossible). Most results are 24'.
Aggressive - 3 results of better than 26'. Couple other results over 25', the rest appear to be below 24' 6"

Kappe
Conservative - 24' 7" is the high, several others over 24' - very solid conservative column
Normal - 8 rolls over 25' - with 25' 10" as the high. WOW.
Aggressive - 2 results over 26', 1 in the 25' range - the rest is widely spread.

Ivanov

Conservative - Nothing stands out - almost everything falls between 20' 6" and 23' 3".
Normal - 3 results over 25' and several over 24'
Aggressive - 2 results over 25' with 25' 4" as the highest possible outcome.

Eckberg
Conservative - not much spread - 1 results in 24' range.
Normal - a couple of 25' results, but most likely the roll will be at the 24' level.
Aggressive - 3 - 25' possibilities. Most of the other outcomes are in the 23' range.

Soldier - I have to appologize - I actually mislabeled your results
Conservative - only 1 result in the 24' range, the rest appear evenly split between 20' - 23'
Normal - a couple 25' on difficult rolls, several 24' most in the 23' range
Aggressive - see Normal.

Gunner - here are your stats, previously labeled as Soldiers.
Conservative - bunched results - probably will end up with a roll in the low 23's
Normal - 12 - 25' results - IMPRESSIVE.
Aggressive - 1 - 26' result, 2 - 25 footers. As impressive as the normal column is the aggressive is unimpressive.

Elli
Conservative - 24' 4" result on 34 is nice, outside of that a rather poor column.
Normal - A couple 25' results including the 25' 6" result on 24.
Aggressive - 5 results over 25'.

Cat
Conservative - might not even get 20' in this column
Normal - nothing reaches 24' (ugh)
Aggressive - 1 result in the 24' range (AWFUL)

Nights
Conservative - nothing reaches 24', quite a few over 23'
Normal - 4 over 25', several over 24'
Aggressive - 5 over 25' low ends appear to be in the 23' range.

Last edited by Breeze : 08-12-2005 at 05:52 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:23 AM   #80
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 2 - LONG JUMP

Now I'll need each player to announce their style of jump before we can continue. If you want to announce it through PM feel free. If you have any questions or need more specifics, PM me or post it here.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:36 AM   #81
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Mello is going aggressive on Jump #1. There's nothing mellow about it.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #82
JeeberD
General Manager

Normal, por favor...

Old 08-11-2005, 09:24 AM   #83
Travis
Pro Rookie

Normal for Darius please
Old 08-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #84
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Normal on Jump 1, if I foul, go conservative on jump 2. If I get a result I'll wait and see what my result is on Jump1 before deciding on Jump 2
Old 08-11-2005, 10:27 AM   #85
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I've got jump styles for

Lesgettham
Yellope
Mello
Ivanov
Eckberg
Elli

Waiting on the 10 others...get your info in.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #86
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quick Note: to keep the game moving, if I don't get "styles" for everyone within 24 hours (we can change that number if enough people want it shorter or longer), I will make you jump in Conservative for round 1, Normal for round 2 and Aggressive for round 3.

The only exception to this will be if you don't have a good score recorded and you miss getting your style in for that round. In that case you will be forced to use the Conservative chart to assure a score in the event.

Last edited by Breeze : 08-11-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:51 AM   #87
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Babson - Normal, with his fingers crossed.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:45 PM   #88
thealmighty
Pro Starter

normal
Old 08-11-2005, 03:32 PM   #89
StanGunner
Mascot

You left me off the list of specifics.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #90
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Palmer--Aggressive for jump 1

Last edited by ntndeacon : 08-11-2005 at 04:49 PM.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #91
kingfc22
Head Coach

Gonzalez:

Normal jump 1, if miss
conservative 2, if miss
conservative 3

Normal jump 1, if clear
aggressive 2

anything else I'll wait and see
Old 08-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #92
JeffNights
College Prospect

Nights will go normal for jump #1
Then agressive on #2 if needed
then Conservative on #3 if a score hasnt been made yet.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:01 PM   #93
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Pflagstetter: Normal on Jump #1, Jump #2, and Jump #3 (unless 2 fouls, then conservative)

Regards,
Chas
Old 08-12-2005, 06:11 AM   #94
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 2 - LONG JUMP - Status Report

I have gotten results from:

Pflaggstettler
Lesgettham
Yellope
Palmer
Mighty
Gonzalez
Mello
Babson
Ivanov
Eckberg
Elli
Nights

I need results from:
Kappe
Soldier
Gunner
Cat

**Couple of notes. I screwed up Gunner's and Soldier's explanations. I actually labelled Soldier incorrectly and inadvertantly left Gunner off the list. Gunner did respond within the 24 hour period noted above so I'll give him a chance to decide which style he would like to use (like that takes any thought). Soldier had an explanation listed (even though the information was inaccurate), and he didn't respond within the allotted time - therefore I'm going to proceed with the ruling of Conservative attempts in round 1 for Soldier (unless there are objections) - there is 1 caveat - I'll hold off on posting for a couple of hours to give the 4 still lacking a style preference a chance to see this post.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:08 AM   #95
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 2 - LONG JUMP - FIRST ATTEMPT

Pflaggstettler - he flys down the runway, hits the board and launches himself. The final measurement is - 24' 11" (only a couple results better in the column)

Lesgettham - heads down the runway, but has to look down and chopstep to hit the board, costing him speed and ultimately distance - final result a disappointing - 21' 7" (the worst possible outcome in the column)

Yellope - get a nice first attempt in, when he hits the pit it appears he's close to Pflaggstettlers jump, but then I realize he's a bit short of that - 24' 2"

Palmer
- after his poor 100 Deacon is looking to get back in it, but his over-aggressive attempt results in a foul.

Mighty - his toe is just past the launching board and he ends up with a foul.

Gonzalez - the man known to jump creeks in an effort to enter the US, gets a nice 23' 4" number to work off of.

Mello - he flys down the runway, but looks down to hit the board, resulting in a 22' 5" distance. Disappointing but atleast he has a score with 2 jumps to go. (terrible roll, only a couple of successful outcomes that are shorter in the column)

Babson - he hits the board and flys into the pit, it's a nice jump, but when he turns around he sees the white flag raised - foul. I think he might have gotten the jump in if he hadn't tried to do it with his fingers crossed.

Ivanov - the Russian is clearly over the board when he plants, and he realizes he's fouled so he almost walks out of the attempt.

Eckberg - a solid 23' 10" first jump.

Elli - Foul

Nights - 22' 2" result is very disappointing (there is only 1 successful roll in the column worse than this one)

Last edited by Breeze : 08-12-2005 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:14 AM   #96
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

ok - time's up

EVENT 2 - LONG JUMP - continued

Kappe - Kappe gets a nice 23' 10" results on the first attempt (really a good result in the conservative column)

Soldier - hits the board and has a good jump, but he was pretty conservative coming down the runway - 20' 2"

Gunner
- a big jump out by the 25' mark. The final measurement is 24' 11" (good jump, but he has serveral that are better in the column)

Cat - this isn't a good event for Cat and he measures his first jump at 19' 3". He'll need to do much better than that.

Last edited by Breeze : 08-12-2005 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:44 AM   #97
StanGunner
Mascot

I will go normal on first two jumps. If no mark go conservative on 3rd , if mark then go aggressive on 3rd.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:05 AM   #98
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 2 - LONG JUMP - First Jump review

LEADERBOARD

Code:
Pflaggstettler - 24' 11" Gunner - 24' 11" Yellope - 24' 2" Kappe - 23' 10" Eckberg - 23' 10" Gonzalez - 23' 4" Mello - 22' 5" Nights - 22' 2" Lesgettham - 21' 7" Soldier - 20' 2" Cat - 19' 3" Ivanov - X Elli - X Palmer - X Mighty - X Babson - X
Some very interesting decisions coming up (and I will allow anyone to change instructions previously sent in).

Gunner - has a nice number - but several better results in the Normal column

Pflaggstettler - has one of the best numbers he can get in the normal column, does he try to better it in Normal, go Aggressive or just pack it in and rest for the remaining events.

Yellope - pretty good score - where does he go from here - Aggressive or does he go for a better score in Normal.

Gonzalez & Eckberg - see Yellope

But the most interesting decissions will come from those that don't have a score recorded - do they gamble and go Normal again, or bite the bullet and go conservative to assure themselves of a score.

**remember if you pass out your remaining attempts you will be credited an additional high jump attempt without fatigue penalty.

Last edited by Breeze : 08-12-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:21 AM   #99
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

EVENT 2 - LONG JUMP - Second Attempt

Post styles for jump 2...(this time you'll have till Monday morning, but if we get results in early - I'll proceed).

***if you don't get a style in by Monday morning...
- if you don't have a current score I will go Conservative,
- if you have a score I will go Normal
- if you posted more than 1 attempt in your previous style post, I'll use what was entered.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:22 AM   #100
JeeberD
General Manager

Lets go Aggressive this round...