Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #501
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Saturday I did Zumba and burned about 750 calories. I didnt have it in me to do BodyCombat, my legs were on frikkin fire when we squated a bit for one of the dance moves, I had to sorta stop and lift my knees to keep them from burning so much.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #502
sabotai
General Manager

I'm going to try to get up an hour earlier on weekdays and hit the exercise bike for 30-45 minutes, shower and then head to work. Then workout again after work. Partially to up the amount of exercise I get, partially to use energy and hopefully tire me out enough so I can get to sleep earlier. We'll see...

I followed a Yoga video (the one from P90X - borrowed them from someone) and it destroyed me. By the time I get to Warrior Two, I'm barely able to hold my arms up anymore. I couldn't do some of the twisting poses because my gut literally got in the way - and some of them I didn't do because I would have broken my neck if I tried like (like Crane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgVCtGDHiQs - ...not gonna happen right now)

So for now I'm going to try to do 30-45 minutes of exercise bike in the morning and then yoga after work.

Inspirational video:

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #503
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
DT - wow keep up the awesome work! Wished I had your willpower when it comes to the kind of food I eat.

I totally credit my food-stuff to when I did weight watchers like 12 years ago. Gave me all sorts of awesome ideas of ways to eat.

And the instant pudding is great - tastes delicious. Even when i wasn't watching my weight I'd eat it.

I think I had like...2 smoothies yesterday. One with yogurt and one with nonfat milk. Berries in the yogurt one, berries and banana in the milk one. Delicious.

It's all about shrinking your stomach though, and filling up on things that are low calorie. One approach that I take is to try to snack on fruits and veggies, ideally before meals. If you snack on an apple or a banana, or have one serving of veggies before you even start preparing the meal then you'll be less hungry and need to eat less of the higher-carb stuff.

It doesn't always work - it's not practical for me with dinner for example when I get home and have to make it all myself and eat right away. So I'll have my main dinner minus veggies and then put the veggies out and the rest of the food away for the night, so when I start to get hungry I have the veggies from dinner right there next to me to snack on and fill me up.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #504
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

One of the things that helped me lose 60ish pounds and keep it off was drinking more water. It seems often you get hungry as a way of your body telling you that you are dehydrated. (This is my personal opinion from experience and not necessarily a medical opinion, even though it may be correct medically too). I think for myself and likely many other people we simply don't drink enough water. We may drink stuff with water in it (lemonade, coffee, fruit drinks, etc) but pure water, we don't drink enough.

So drinking more water helped me accomplish a few goals at once:

- It helps me drink enough water every day. I don't know that I ever found a firm answer on how much water -should- I drink, but it seems a good rough guide for most people is to spread out roughly 2 liters of water every day (or 8 separate 8oz glasses of water).

- I found that water is actually a good catalyst for weight loss as it helps speed up the burning off of calories.

- Drinking water removes the dehydration feeling that sometimes makes your body appear to be hungry and at times even fills me up, so it lessens the amount that I feel that I need to snack outside of meals.

- Drinking water instead of other drinks reduces calories or other additional weight gaining locations.

Probably the best thing I did health wise was almost completely cut out drinking sodas and instead started drinking water. I was drinking between 6 - 12 cans of soda every single day at one point a few years ago. Now I am down to drinking two cans of diet soda a day (1 with each meal). Drinking diet soda isn't necessarily better than drinking sugar soda as the artificial sweetner they put in has its own health risks, but its what I do. I have read some people say if you are only going to drink one soda a day, you should drink a sugar soda and not a diet soda, that the calories and sugar are better for you than the artificial sweetner, but that is just what I have read/heard.

I also drink usually one glass of milk or juice during the day too. Milk has fats/calories, but also has beneficial vitams in it, juice has sugar/calories but if you drink 100% real fruit juice the natural sugars in it are better for you than the stuff in sodas or artificial juice.

Just from stopping sodas and drinking 2 liters of water a day, I dropped almost 20-25 pounds by itself!

Finally I plateaued on that approach and had to start eating better to drop more weight (making sure the calorie count was within reason, stopping the outside snacking, etc) and I have always been active with softball, volleyball, biking, kayaking, etc but I also workout now on days when I am not doing anything else active.

Sure, I do have my weak moments (like when my wife brought home oreos a few weeks ago, or when we stopped for Dairy Queen blizzards over the weekend), but I rationalize those small slipups (such as 530 calories on a blizzard only!) by doing a ton of workouts that same day to burn it off too

Anyways, hope these tips I found for myself can help you all as well! Now every day I pretty much do the following:

- Drink roughly 1.8 - 2.0 liters of water
- Eat roughly 1600-1700 calories a day across three meals plus a healthy afternoon snack (veggies, fruit, yogurt, etc).
- Do some form of cardiovascular exercise every day for at least 20 minutes if not more.

The weight doesn't come off super fast any more, but I still lose about 1-2 pounds every week to 10 days and feel far healthier now.

(For reference on calorie counts, obviously for each person it is different based on your body. I am 6 foot tall and my ideal weight is supposedly 175, but I've been happy around 200. I'll slowly decrease closer to 175, but that is not my active goal any more).

Edit: and the stupid wii fit still does list me as "overweight" but one of my happiest days was getting off of the "obese" setting on wii fit

Last edited by Alan T : 09-20-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #505
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah - drinking a ton of water is an amazing help - particularly if you have been drinking other stuff.

unfortunately (at least in my case) I'd moved to drinking 90% water a long time ago, so I don't have much "else" to cut out. The occasional sode (once a week maybe?), and some lemonade is about it.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-20-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #506
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Edit: and the stupid wii fit still does list me as "overweight" but one of my happiest days was getting off of the "obese" setting on wii fit

CONGRATS!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #507
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Great tips. I admit, I don't drink as much water as I should. When I have classes I drink about 32 oz. per hour. So if I take a 1 hr. class i drink 32oz and if i take 2 classes its closer to 60 oz. Of course thats not enough because I'm sweating so damn much. I definitely need to up my water intake. We dont usually but juice and when we do, we get Simply Orange/Apple ut its actually pretty rare. We do buy skim milk, so my beverage intake is either water or milk with the ocassional diet soda when we eat out (which isnt very often). We have been getting Cream Smoothies from Sonic since they're half off but a small one packs 430 calories! My justification is that I workout a hell of a lot and burn about 600-800 calories per session. Its not the right approach and it explains why I've maintained instead of lost. I need to work on changing that viewpoint, but its hard.

So anyway, tomorrow I'm starting the Y10X class and I'm pretty nervous. Jamie is my trainer. She's the one that's been kicking my ass in Zumba and the ocassional BodyCombat class. Looking forward to it though because the class is small (6ppl last i checked), so its almost gonna be like having a personal trainer.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 09-20-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #508
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Great tips. I admit, I don't drink as much water as I should. When I have classes I drink about 32 oz. per hour. So if I take a 1 hr. class i drink 32oz and if i take 2 classes its closer to 60 oz. Of course thats not enough because I'm sweating so damn much. I definitely need to up my water intake. We dont usually but juice and when we do, we get Simply Orange/Apple ut its actually pretty rare. We do buy skim milk, so my beverage intake is either water or milk with the ocassional diet soda when we eat out (which isnt very often). We have been getting Cream Smoothies from Sonic since they're half off but a small one packs 430 calories! My justification is that I workout a hell of a lot and burn about 600-800 calories per session. Its not the right approach and it explains why I've maintained instead of lost. I need to work on changing that viewpoint, but its hard.

So anyway, tomorrow I'm starting the Y10X class and I'm pretty nervous. Jamie is my trainer. She's the one that's been kicking my ass in Zumba and the ocassional BodyCombat class. Looking forward to it though because the class is small (6ppl last i checked), so its almost gonna be like having a personal trainer.

Sounds good! The ass-kicking workout part I mean.

As far as the cream smoothies - do they keep in the fridge decently at all? you could buy a small and drink it over two days as a dessert...re-blend it the second day? Or could you make yourself smoothies with frozen fruit and nonfat milk?

It's important to give yourself some sort of treat/vice - the key is just moderation. That was one thing I learned...it's okay to go to the convenience store and have a York peppermint patty, but if you do then you have to make adjustments for those calories elsewhere.

i think the key is not to make food your enemy by having an adversarial relationship with it, or depriving yourself of enjoying it. the key is just enjoying it in moderation.

shrinking your stomch so that you need less food to feel "full" is a helpful way of doing that. and it's not all that difficult. but you've also got to recognize that you won't be perfect everyday.

so maybe you'll "fall off the wagon" and have some high-calorie food one weekend, or really crave a handful of goldfish late at night (like i did last night). don't deny yourself the pleasure of it...just moderate it. have some fruit and water beforehand and sit and think about whether you really need those calories, or want those calories.

i always try not to leave the house hungry too, particularly if i'm heading over to someone else's for a party or something. drink a bunch of water first, eat some fruit or crunchy veggies (baby carrots are an incredible convenience), because the odds are that when you go out, even if it's to someone else's house, your food options will be much less healthy than anything you're preparing internally.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #509
sabotai
General Manager

Update

1st Week Averages

Weight: 246.2
Body Fat %: 37.34%
Muscle %: 29.31%
Visceral Fat: 16.4 (on a scale of 1-20....20 being bad)

2nd Week Averages
Weight: 245.8 (-0.4)
Body Fat%: 36.87% (-0.47%)
Muscle %: 29.59% (+0.28%)
Visceral Fat: 16.0 (-0.4)

Week 3 Averages (Since Last Week ; Since Beginning)
Weight: 246.1 (+0.3 ; -0.1)
Body Fat%: 36.26% (-0.61% ; -1.08%)
Muscle% : 29.91% (+0.32% ; +0.60%)
Visceral Fat: 16.1 (one day at 17 this week)

Weight went up a bit (bad with food still), but Fat and Muscle percentages are going in the right direction. The way my scale measures it is by Bioelectrical Impedance (Bioelectrical impedance analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) - essentially measuring how much water your body has. Muscle has tons of water, fat has very little, so the better the signal conducts through your body, the more muscle/less fat you have. But how hydrated you are can affect the readings (and your weight for that matter) which is why I'm calculating weekly averages.

Maybe I should start taking body measurements every week to see if I'm getting smaller....
Old 09-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #510
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

weekly averages = good idea. also...same time everyday is probably a good idea.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #511
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I really like your pointers DT, thanks! We have tons of fruit but we should buy more veggies for sure. I tend to get in a mood where I crave crunchy food and baby carrots might do the trick. It's 3:41 right now and I drank less than 32 oz. of water even after the grueling workout.. not good. I noticed pouring some water in a large cup and drinking out of a straw gets me to drink more than drinking out of a big ass canteen so I'm gonna start doing that.

My stats:

Weight - 190
Goal Weight - 120
Exercise - Y10X

Wow, Y10X was fucking brutal. I did well with the running, kicking (thanks to C25K and BodyCombat) and skipping but the other stuff was rough. I don't even know how to describe these exercises other than I've seen athletes doing it. Some jumping while landing in a squat position for about a minute, a lot of stepping stuff, pushups (this trainer loves 'em) and... a lot of stuff. Seriously, the class was a blur. The only thing I remember was towards the end I was so mentally and physically exhausted that I started tearing up and couldn't catch my breath which lead me to hyperventilate. I stopped for about a minute to compose myself and continued with the workout. The trainer did such a good job going up to those of us with poor form. She came up to me, said something and gave me a big smile. I've no idea what she said, lol. So after the workout I went looking for my friend and saw someone I haven't seen in well over a year. I was so out of it I couldn't even hold a conversation... wow. That's never happened to me. It's like my body was there, but my mind was somewhere else. My face was beet red and legs wobbly. Everyone's legs were like that, it's like we were walking bow-legged. Crazy.

Farrah asked if I would do it again... yes without a doubt.

Oh and I measured myself last night. I'm not posting them though until much later. I'm curious as to how many inches I'm gonna lose because of this class. Next Y10X class is Tuesday. Tomorrow, rest, then doubling or maybe tripling up on Thursday.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 09-21-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #512
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I've upped my workouts to 45mins / 450 calories starting this past Saturday. Soon I guess I'll need to up the intensity on the elliptical to burn more calories, because time-wise that's about all I can handle during the work-day.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #513
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I really like your pointers DT, thanks! We have tons of fruit but we should buy more veggies for sure. I tend to get in a mood where I crave crunchy food and baby carrots might do the trick. It's 3:41 right now and I drank less than 32 oz. of water even after the grueling workout.. not good. I noticed pouring some water in a large cup and drinking out of a straw gets me to drink more than drinking out of a big ass canteen so I'm gonna start doing that.

My stats:

Weight - 190
Goal Weight - 120
Exercise - Y10X

Wow, Y10X was fucking brutal. I did well with the running, kicking (thanks to C25K and BodyCombat) and skipping but the other stuff was rough. I don't even know how to describe these exercises other than I've seen athletes doing it. Some jumping while landing in a squat position for about a minute, a lot of stepping stuff, pushups (this trainer loves 'em) and... a lot of stuff. Seriously, the class was a blur. The only thing I remember was towards the end I was so mentally and physically exhausted that I started tearing up and couldn't catch my breath which lead me to hyperventilate. I stopped for about a minute to compose myself and continued with the workout. The trainer did such a good job going up to those of us with poor form. She came up to me, said something and gave me a big smile. I've no idea what she said, lol. So after the workout I went looking for my friend and saw someone I haven't seen in well over a year. I was so out of it I couldn't even hold a conversation... wow. That's never happened to me. It's like my body was there, but my mind was somewhere else. My face was beet red and legs wobbly. Everyone's legs were like that, it's like we were walking bow-legged. Crazy.

Farrah asked if I would do it again... yes without a doubt.

Oh and I measured myself last night. I'm not posting them though until much later. I'm curious as to how many inches I'm gonna lose because of this class. Next Y10X class is Tuesday. Tomorrow, rest, then doubling or maybe tripling up on Thursday.

Thanks. I'm not trying to be overly preachy or anything - half the time it's just stuff I want to remind myself of too. Figure we're all in this together, so I'll share what I remember from my last go-round on the "losing a ton of weight" train.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #514
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Got my scale.

I still need to check all my measurements not directly after dinner, but about what I expected. On the plus side, my visceral fat is just barely in the "Very High" range at 15.

Everything else is "very high" though.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #515
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay - here we go...baseline measurements.

I'll be tracking these more frequently, but will update them weekly.

September 21, 2010
Weight: 261.2 lbs
BMI: 35.4%
Body Fat: 40.7%
Skeletal Muscle %: 27.3%
Resting Metabolism: 2245 kcal
Body Age: 79 (!!!)
Visceral Fat: 17

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-21-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #516
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Weekly Weds Morning Weigh In:

216.5 (down 2.5 lbs from last week) despite only working out 4 days this week and cheating on the diet Friday.

Exercise: 22-25 miles on the bike 4 days this week, free weights, crunches, pushups.

If I continue this pace, I will be down 50 lbs either next week or the following!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #517
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Weekly Weds Morning Weigh In:

216.5 (down 2.5 lbs from last week) despite only working out 4 days this week and cheating on the diet Friday.

Exercise: 22-25 miles on the bike 4 days this week, free weights, crunches, pushups.

If I continue this pace, I will be down 50 lbs either next week or the following!

That'll be awesome!!!

You can do it man!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #518
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Baked Ruffles made it into the rotation today. For anyone who's not sold on the whole "baked chip" thing - they taste a ton better to me than Baked Lays. Maybe it's the texture...i dunno. I've got a bag of them and also a bag of "lite" popcorn for my lunches.

Also into the rotation today (and yesterday): cookies that are less bad. Yesterday was the old standby...SnackWells version of Vienna Fingers (x2).

Today was something new - reduced fat Nilla wafers. Love regular Nilla wafters. Couldn't even really tell the difference with these. 140 calories for 8. Bout the same as 2 of the SnackWells.

Also cut the amount of cheese in my sandwich in half (from 2 slices to 1). After work when I hit the grocery for more deli meat I'm going to look for some other things to swap in (100 calorie "deli flats" vs. the 140 calorie whole weat pita pockets, and some type of better bread-product for my breakfast than an English muffin).

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-22-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #519
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The problem that I have with things like the reduced fat nilla wafers or baked ruffles is when I tried to cut down the calories, I found I really have to focus on making the calories count. Reduced fat is good, but I found for myself at least I would eat the meal I needed for the various protein/vitamins/nutrition but then snack on top of that and really not be effective with my dieting.

I pretty much had to cut out all snacking outside of meals other than things like veggies which was very difficult. The two biggest things I did to try to accomplish that was:

1) add an additional two meals. One of them is more of a snack than anything else of healthy fruit+yogurt. But then four smaller fairly evenly balanced meals paced out through out the day help take away the snacking for me. Yes, that means I can't have a huge whopper 600 calorie steak for one meal though, or I have to adjust things appropriately. Now I try to aim for roughly 5 meals of 400 - 400 - 100 - 400 - 400 for a total of 1700ish calories a day. So a smaller cut of chicken or smaller cut of meat or whatever along with veggies or a salad or something that has virtually 0 calories is what I have to do.

For me personally adding in the snack food didn't work too long because I still ended up needing more to eat later. Maybe it is just a me thing and everyone is different though.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #520
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Props to everyone in here for taking some initiative. Honestly, in my experience, the easiest way to not eat food that's bad for you, is to just not buy any. If it's not in your fridge/pantry, you can't eat it.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #521
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The problem that I have with things like the reduced fat nilla wafers or baked ruffles is when I tried to cut down the calories, I found I really have to focus on making the calories count. Reduced fat is good, but I found for myself at least I would eat the meal I needed for the various protein/vitamins/nutrition but then snack on top of that and really not be effective with my dieting.

I pretty much had to cut out all snacking outside of meals other than things like veggies which was very difficult. The two biggest things I did to try to accomplish that was:

1) add an additional two meals. One of them is more of a snack than anything else of healthy fruit+yogurt. But then four smaller fairly evenly balanced meals paced out through out the day help take away the snacking for me. Yes, that means I can't have a huge whopper 600 calorie steak for one meal though, or I have to adjust things appropriately. Now I try to aim for roughly 5 meals of 400 - 400 - 100 - 400 - 400 for a total of 1700ish calories a day. So a smaller cut of chicken or smaller cut of meat or whatever along with veggies or a salad or something that has virtually 0 calories is what I have to do.

For me personally adding in the snack food didn't work too long because I still ended up needing more to eat later. Maybe it is just a me thing and everyone is different though.

I think everyone is different and those are certainly sensible solutions. I only bought the ruffles and nilla wafers because I wanted to see about incorporating them into my lunch. If I find myself snacking on them late at night, or not losing the weight, then i'll have to cut them out, but as a creature of routine, if that's the case then i want to sort of...taper off of them with these bags.

I've been fairly good about not snacking at night now though. Maybe a handful of goldfish at some point, and a smoothie if i have a craving for sweets.

For me, as a creature of habit, my daily consumption currently looks like this:

breakfast:
~300 calories: Instant oatmeal with 1/2 cup skim milk, english muffin with buttery-spready stuff

lunch:
? calories: fruit/veggies (carrots, grapes, 2 apples), pita (140 calories - soon to be 100) with 2 slices of boars-head buffalo chicken and one slice provolone, baked chips (120 calories or so), dessert (140 calories)

dinner:
varies significantly, but will always include at least one veggie, a small serving of carbs (bread/pasta/rice), and protein (shrimp, chicken, occasionally beef). as i mentioned before, i try to eat the veggie significantly before the rest of it when possible so that i don't fill up on the carbs.

after dinner snacking: veggies, fruit, a handful of goldfish, a smoothie with fruit + nonfat milk, fat-free sugar-free instant pudding or jello

I'm thinking of putting up self-depricating signs on my fridge and cabinets to discourage any potential snacking.

"Hungry? Have a glass of water and an apple fatass" etc.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #522
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Props to everyone in here for taking some initiative. Honestly, in my experience, the easiest way to not eat food that's bad for you, is to just not buy any. If it's not in your fridge/pantry, you can't eat it.

This is true. It's why I need to get rid of the stuff that is still lingering in my place that's bad for me.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #523
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Just weighed myself at a non-standard time and was very happy with the result. We'll have to see what happens in 3.5 hours when I weigh myself at 11pm, which is my daily weigh-in time. Although I'm not going to overreact one way or another.

Dinner: maybe 1.5 cups (total) of a mixture of pesto-pasta, grilled chicken breast and broccoli, plus a side of 60-calorie roll (half a hamburger bun) with a smidge of butter-spread (i can't believe it's not butter light), and approx. 8oz of green beans.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-22-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #524
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Got rid of all the "bad" food in my house this morning - brought it over to my parent's house on the way to work.

Doubtless my brother will enjoy the ice cream and the bacon.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #525
sabotai
General Manager

mmmmm....bacon ice cream.....*drool*

Anyway, finally able to get my fat ass out of bed this morning for my 2-A-Day. Physically tired some for work, but awake. Usually the first hour of work is my brain waking up. Feeling good and physically exhausted. I swear there's an athlete inside of me somewhere because I like this feeling of being completely spent.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #526
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

losin weight...losin weight...feelin great.

my official 1-week weigh-in isn't until tuesday, but unofficially i'm down from 261.2 to 258.4 in 4 days.

just upped my gym workout by 25% today, still feel fine with it. now 56 minutes on the elliptical on the "weight loss" program. can't really spend anymore TIME at the gym per day, so i'm going to need to start upping the intensity to burn the calories off faster I suppose (once i settle into this routine and need to push myself).

it's great in a disgusting way - those 56 minutes leave my t-shirt literally looking like it just came out of the wash without drying. absolutely soaked-through over 99% of the surface area of it.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-25-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #527
sabotai
General Manager

I finally strung together a few days straight where I kept my food intake under control. Sept 22-24. Before the 22nd, there were only 3 days where I got to put an X in that column of my spreadsheet.

I did my 2-A-Day on Thursday, had a tiring day at work Friday (lots of walking) plus I was sore so I didn't work out and then did 1 light workout today. Still feeling a bit sore.

On Thursday my weight was 244.4, Friday 242.2 and today it's 242.6. My body fat % was up a few percentage points on Friday, so some of that drop to 242 was dehydration, but it went back down today and my weight is still in the 242 range. Sweet!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #528
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sweet!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #529
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Day 7 - Week 1 complete

Weight: 257.8 lbs
BMI: 34.9
Body Fat: 40.3%
Skeletal Muscle %: 27.5%
Resting Metabolism: 2,224 kcal
Body Age: 78
Visceral Fat: 16

1 week average (9/21-9/27)
Weight: 258.9
BMI: 35.1
Body Fat: 40.60%
Skeletal Muscle %: 27.31%
Resting Metabolism:2,230.4 kcal
Body Age: 78.6
Visceral Fat: 16.5

Decent results for one week. Would have rather lost weight from 9/25 to now instead of gaining .2 pounds, but I've had this big stressful test hanging over my head for the weekend, so I'll take it.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-27-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #530
sabotai
General Manager

My 2-A-Days are really kicking my ass. I did 2 workouts yesterday and today, and like last Friday, I'm just too sore and drained to do anything today. I suppose having a workout schedule like 2-0-1-2-0-1-2-0, etc. is doable. I can keep trying to do that, with the one workout being done in the morning to make sure I stay in the habit of waking up early. I'll keep doing that until my muscles get more accustomed to doing yoga and then up the amount I work out. My hips, back, shoulders and thighs are just wrecked today.

Anyway, it's that time again (already!?) for weekly averages.

Week 4 Averages (Change since last week | change since beginning)

Weight: 244.3 (-1.8 | -1.9)
Body Fat%: 36.4% (+0.14% | -0.94%)
Muscle %: 29.83% (-0.09% | +0.51%)
Resting Metabolism: 2156.1 (-10.3 | -9.3)
Visceral Fat: 16.0 (-0.1 | -0.5)

1.8 pound weight lose! Woohoo. The gain in body fat % is deceiving, I was very dehydrated one day (38+%) and if I drop that to 36%, it would have been down for the week. My weight was down that day too, and when I up that to 245 for the day, it changes the weekly average a few tens, so the weight lose was probably more like 1.5 pounds. Still, I'll take that and if I lose 1.5 pounds every week, that'll be close to 20 pounds loss by New Year's day (I'd be 225 for the first time since the end of college!). If I work a littler harder and make that 2 pounds a week, I'll be down over 25 pounds by New Year's (I'd be under 220 for the first time since the middle of college!). Considering how I just recently (during that past week) got my eating under control and hopefully for good - I am a creature of habit, once I get into the habit of eating well I'll do it for awhile, just need to avoid anything that would knock me out of my habit.....like Halloween, Thanksgiving...Christmas....New Year's Eve....or just "life" in general.... - the 2 pounds a week looks doable.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #531
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Missed out on the gym today. Forgot to toss my gym shorts in my bag (actually they were already in there with yesterday's clothes and i took them out instead of leaving them in).
Old 09-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #532
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
My 2-A-Days are really kicking my ass. I did 2 workouts yesterday and today, and like last Friday, I'm just too sore and drained to do anything today. I suppose having a workout schedule like 2-0-1-2-0-1-2-0, etc. is doable. I can keep trying to do that, with the one workout being done in the morning to make sure I stay in the habit of waking up early. I'll keep doing that until my muscles get more accustomed to doing yoga and then up the amount I work out. My hips, back, shoulders and thighs are just wrecked today.

Anyway, it's that time again (already!?) for weekly averages.

Week 4 Averages (Change since last week | change since beginning)
Weight: 244.3 (-1.8 | -1.9)
Body Fat%: 36.4% (+0.14% | -0.94%)
Muscle %: 29.83% (-0.09% | +0.51%)
Resting Metabolism: 2156.1 (-10.3 | -9.3)
Visceral Fat: 16.0 (-0.1 | -0.5)

1.8 pound weight lose! Woohoo. The gain in body fat % is deceiving, I was very dehydrated one day (38+%) and if I drop that to 36%, it would have been down for the week. My weight was down that day too, and when I up that to 245 for the day, it changes the weekly average a few tens, so the weight lose was probably more like 1.5 pounds. Still, I'll take that and if I lose 1.5 pounds every week, that'll be close to 20 pounds loss by New Year's day (I'd be 225 for the first time since the end of college!). If I work a littler harder and make that 2 pounds a week, I'll be down over 25 pounds by New Year's (I'd be under 220 for the first time since the middle of college!). Considering how I just recently (during that past week) got my eating under control and hopefully for good - I am a creature of habit, once I get into the habit of eating well I'll do it for awhile, just need to avoid anything that would knock me out of my habit.....like Halloween, Thanksgiving...Christmas....New Year's Eve....or just "life" in general.... - the 2 pounds a week looks doable.

Awesome! Go sab!!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #533
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm kind of in a rut lately. My in-laws just sent a whole bunch of goodies from their recent trip to Chile including a ton of chocolate. I've been having a hard time resisting it since I spend all day working 2 feet from it. I keep getting the mindset that I've lost 60+ pounds, I can snack on a little chocolate.

I think my in-laws did this just to torture me.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #534
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm kind of in a rut lately. My in-laws just sent a whole bunch of goodies from their recent trip to Chile including a ton of chocolate. I've been having a hard time resisting it since I spend all day working 2 feet from it. I keep getting the mindset that I've lost 60+ pounds, I can snack on a little chocolate.

I think my in-laws did this just to torture me.

Oh hell. Delicious milk chocolate from South America?? Kill me now. That stuff is a total foodgasm.

Can you have your wife lock it up for you and keep the key?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-28-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #535
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I cheated on the diet 2 days this week, and had my worst week but still lost 2 lbs so I am happy.

Weight: 214.5(-2)
Exercise: 22-25 miles 5 days this week on the bike.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:39 PM   #536
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Awesome EF.

I'm down 4lbs in my first week, so I'm happy with that. It'll start to get harder from here on out I know though.

It's totally silly, but my jeans feel looser. And I feel healthier. Eating less is great.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-29-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #537
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Old 09-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #538
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
And I feel healthier. Eating less is great.

Noticed that too. I'm finding that I just have more energy now that I hardly eat anything with sugar in it and from working out more.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #539
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Noticed that too. I'm finding that I just have more energy now that I hardly eat anything with sugar in it and from working out more.

Yeah.

256.8 last night. But that's okay. Far from panic.

Had a chicken ceasar salad with no dressing for lunch. Was a bad boy on the way home and stopped at 5 Guys for dinner. Consoled myself by pointing out that i just get a plain hamburger, no bacon, no cheese, no mayo, etc.

Still probably shouldn't have, but it was late when I got out of work (after 7) and I didn't want to get home and cook up the chicken in the fridge.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #540
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Weekend wasn't great in terms of eating behavior (to say the least), but 256.6 tonight when I weighed in, so that's good.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #541
sabotai
General Manager

I took a mini-vacation this weekend too, but not as badly as my previous eating habits. Haven't worked out all week either because I really hurt my shoulder/back last Monday, so I'll be happy if I just maintain for the week. Good news is the temperature has finally gone down, so I can go outside again. Might try running again, even though I'm 99% sure my knees will not like that.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:06 AM   #542
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah - I wasn't good, but I wasn't as bad as I used to be at all. Just not GREAT. And i didn't work out today either (tsk tsk me)
Old 10-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #543
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I've apparently been slacking a bit on the intensity of my workouts, so I jacked it back up today.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #544
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I went for my yearly physical (by yearly, I mean last time I went was 5 years ago). Other than the various vaccines that made me feel cruddy over the weekend, everything was pretty good. Interestingly enough I weigh more still right now than I did 5 years ago. Last checkup I was 204, and I'm pretty close to that now, but I guess I lost track of when my weight really ballooned. I guess it was 3-4 years ago when I hit almost 265.

Anyways, cholesterol levels, blood sugar, everything all was good. The only things I was told is that I need to eat more foods with omega 3 (salmon, etc). And I was told my "intense" daily cardiovascular workout is not intense enough according to the blood tests and I could benefit from 30 minutes of a heavier workout. Not sure how that is going to go, but I guess we will see

Old 10-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #545
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Sweet - that'll work the rest of those pounds off Alan!!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #546
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Still working out, still eating crappy. I'm 189.6, gone up and down a couple of pounds. Y10X tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #547
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Down 5.6lbs since inception

256 even
Old 10-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #548
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

We had a sub for the Y10X class. I really hate the pushup position and pulling both feet forward at the same. Fuckin hate it. Too much stuff moving around and getting in the way. I felt dizzy a few times and had to stop. Hate that I couldn't push myself. The trainer gave me props when class wS over. Everyone in there is in pretty decent shape and here I am at almost 70 lbs. overweight.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #549
sabotai
General Manager

Week 5 Averages (Change since last week | change since beginning)
Weight: 243.8 (-0.5 | -2.4)
Body Fat%: 36.4% (-0.03% | -0.97%)
Muscle %: 29.83% (0.00% | +0.51%)
Resting Metabolism: 2152.9 (-3.29 | -12.6)
Visceral Fat: 16.0 (0.0 | -0.4)

Only managed 3 days of 7 where I kept my eating in line, plus I didn't work out at all for the last week due to my shoulder and back hurting like hell for most of it. Despite that, still managed a half pound lose with everything else staying pretty much even. Need to get back to working out tomorrow. Shoulder still hurts some, not bad, but it'll be running/walking and exercise bike for awhile.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #550
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Week 5 Averages (Change since last week | change since beginning)
Weight: 243.8 (-0.5 | -2.4)
Body Fat%: 36.4% (-0.03% | -0.97%)
Muscle %: 29.83% (0.00% | +0.51%)
Resting Metabolism: 2152.9 (-3.29 | -12.6)
Visceral Fat: 16.0 (0.0 | -0.4)

Only managed 3 days of 7 where I kept my eating in line, plus I didn't work out at all for the last week due to my shoulder and back hurting like hell for most of it. Despite that, still managed a half pound lose with everything else staying pretty much even. Need to get back to working out tomorrow. Shoulder still hurts some, not bad, but it'll be running/walking and exercise bike for awhile.
Not bad - maintaining during bad weeks is just as important as losing big.