Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-28-2022, 10:56 AM   #23751
Edward64
Head Coach

Its in the refrigerated section. About the same place as where you get the cuts of meat. We've had the Costco frozen lasagna and it definitely wasn't as good.

We normally have the $1.50 hot dog meal but we bought a slice of pizza to share (too early for dinner) this weekend. It was ... okay. My go to was the polish sausage. I know they discontinued it during the pandemic, but doesn't seem like they'll be bringing it back anytime soon.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:08 PM   #23752
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Sleeping at work would be much easier if I didn't snore so loud.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:50 PM   #23753
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Its in the refrigerated section. About the same place as where you get the cuts of meat. We've had the Costco frozen lasagna and it definitely wasn't as good.

We normally have the $1.50 hot dog meal but we bought a slice of pizza to share (too early for dinner) this weekend. It was ... okay. My go to was the polish sausage. I know they discontinued it during the pandemic, but doesn't seem like they'll be bringing it back anytime soon.

and the brats...the lovely lovely brats...
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 05:49 PM   #23754
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Do professional gamblers gamble?

By which I mean, do people whose job is making money at winnable games (sharp sports bettors, professional poker players, etc.) also enjoy unwinding with roulette or craps or something just to get the thrill of randomness. Or are they just so knowledgeable about the house edge, etc. that they can't enjoy a random game?

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 09-28-2022 at 05:49 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:42 PM   #23755
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Do professional gamblers gamble?

By which I mean, do people whose job is making money at winnable games (sharp sports bettors, professional poker players, etc.) also enjoy unwinding with roulette or craps or something just to get the thrill of randomness. Or are they just so knowledgeable about the house edge, etc. that they can't enjoy a random game?

Yes. A good portion are total degenerate gamblers. A lot of the old school ones. The newer school guys who are far more analytical not as much. You should look up some of Phil Iveys escapades or TJ Cloutier.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:02 AM   #23756
Edward64
Head Coach

Been wanting to play around with AI generated art.

DALL-E 2 access is now open to everyone, and that's kind of terrifying | Creative Bloq

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-29-2022 at 10:03 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:58 PM   #23757
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

A 'Community' movie is finally on its way | CNN
Old 09-30-2022, 02:20 PM   #23758
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

You can get some good deals on Facebook Marketplace (depending on your area and you know, avoiding the scammers and such) in the PC market. I got a PC with a AMD 5500 GPU and a Ryzen 5 3600 for the kids and a PC with a RX 1080ti and an i7 8700k (even has a 2 TB m.2 in it) in the last 6 months for $700 total. Also had extras tossed in on with them like a Black Widow Ultimate mechanical keyboard, a Razer Naga mouse, a Razer Deathadder Elite mouse, and a Steel Series headset. All the scams were pretty obvious in my experience.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:15 PM   #23759
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

If anyone has an opportunity to go to Meow Wolf, I highly recommend it. I'm not sure how to explain it other than it's a 70+ room art installation that is part-story/puzzle and part-Dr. Seuss/Tim Burton walking tour. They have them in Santa Fe, Vegas and Denver with one coming to Dallas next year. We just did the original in Santa Fe and I just happen to have a convention in Vegas in 3 weeks so we're going to try to go to that one too.

Most unexpected fun I've had in a long time
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 06:30 AM   #23760
miami_fan
Coordinator

Pro Fishing Repeat Champs Accused of Stuffing Walleye with Weights

I am probably guilty of some sort of -ism but I am shocked that I did not see any punches thrown or hear any gunshots during the video.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:47 AM   #23761
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
If anyone has an opportunity to go to Meow Wolf, I highly recommend it. I'm not sure how to explain it other than it's a 70+ room art installation that is part-story/puzzle and part-Dr. Seuss/Tim Burton walking tour. They have them in Santa Fe, Vegas and Denver with one coming to Dallas next year. We just did the original in Santa Fe and I just happen to have a convention in Vegas in 3 weeks so we're going to try to go to that one too.

Most unexpected fun I've had in a long time

One of the things I'm most disappointed about not doing before I moved out of Vegas was going to the Meow Wolf installation there. I've been on that train ever since hearing about the original in Santa Fe, even before their expansions

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:57 AM   #23762
Ksyrup

It was amazing. We didn't even attempt the story though - we didn't feel like spending 3-4 hours in there, and it requires reading a bunch of stuff in many rooms and there were so many people that it would have required us to keep people from walking through. That part of it is definitely for people who live nearby and can go 4-5 times to figure out the story/puzzle at their leisure.

Even ignorng that part of it though, it was still well-worth $40 a person.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-02-2022 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:54 AM   #23763
Ksyrup

I would have thought "stuffing fish with weights" would have preceded "anal vibrator chess moves" as a storyline, but the chess story won out by a few weeks.

The New York Times: Fishing Contest Rocked by Cheating Charges After Weights Found in Winning Catches.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/02/u...lake-erie.html

I also can't believe they finished with a completely unironic quote how this has given fishing competitions a "black eye" without the author inserting "walleye" into it.
Old 10-03-2022, 01:00 PM   #23764
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Pro Poker Cheating Scandal Sees Winner Repay $269K To Loser
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:24 PM   #23765
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 10-03-2022, 03:49 PM   #23766
bhlloy
Coordinator

In next weeks edition, why letting your wife leave the house to have coffee once a week with her friends is a slippery slope, how the sports bra is corrupting America and other important topics
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:42 PM   #23767
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Blog | Parenting with Love and Leadership | John Rosemond Parenting Coach, Author, Speaker

In what will shock no one, he's a "recovering liberal", says the left is full of group-think but the right is not, lectured a Jewish person about what fascism is in one of those "and then everyone clapped" stories, and equates critical race theory with fascism all in one post. So he's got that going for him, too. But he hadn't reached a wide enough audience with his stupid so he was trying to go viral with "old man yells at cloud" about something totally innocuous. It's like he was in the shower and said "If that twerp Ben Shapiro can be a famous millionaire for trolling the libs, why can't I?" Towel still hanging around his waist, he yelled "Millie, fetch me my word processor" and this column was born.

One of the Twitter responses to this really captured what's so maddening about this sort of tripe:
Quote:
I love this style of argument: Start with an extremely questionable premise ("The high five is a gesture of familiarity, which should be shared between equals") and then discuss it at great length without offering any evidence that the premise is correct.

Then again, the Twitter responses also gave us "He definitely dictates his Tweets" and a couple of people positing the extremely plausible reason that he's upset because some little kid "down low, too slow'd" him today.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-03-2022 at 04:46 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:29 PM   #23768
Ksyrup

I bet if the "high 5" was a slap across a kid's face, he would approve.
Old 10-04-2022, 01:50 AM   #23769
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
In next weeks edition, why letting your wife leave the house to have coffee once a week with her friends is a slippery slope, how the sports bra is corrupting America and other important topics

Old 10-04-2022, 02:08 AM   #23770
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Blog | Parenting with Love and Leadership | John Rosemond Parenting Coach, Author, Speaker

In what will shock no one, he's a "recovering liberal", says the left is full of group-think but the right is not, lectured a Jewish person about what fascism is in one of those "and then everyone clapped" stories, and equates critical race theory with fascism all in one post. So he's got that going for him, too. But he hadn't reached a wide enough audience with his stupid so he was trying to go viral with "old man yells at cloud" about something totally innocuous. It's like he was in the shower and said "If that twerp Ben Shapiro can be a famous millionaire for trolling the libs, why can't I?" Towel still hanging around his waist, he yelled "Millie, fetch me my word processor" and this column was born.

One of the Twitter responses to this really captured what's so maddening about this sort of tripe:

Then again, the Twitter responses also gave us "He definitely dictates his Tweets" and a couple of people positing the extremely plausible reason that he's upset because some little kid "down low, too slow'd" him today.

SI

Yeah, I went far enough down the Twitter thread to see he really, really wants to be Twitter famous for owning the libs and is all kind of butthurt that his edgy articles for a local paper nobody gives a shit about haven’t got him there yet.

That was enough wallowing in social media sewage for me for one evening. But I would wager there’s a pretty good chance we see his name again at some point running for some local office with a deliberately “outrage the libtards” ad campaign.

Last edited by bhlloy : 10-04-2022 at 02:09 AM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 02:44 AM   #23771
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, I went far enough down the Twitter thread to see he really, really wants to be Twitter famous for owning the libs and is all kind of butthurt that his edgy articles for a local paper nobody gives a shit about haven’t got him there yet.

That was enough wallowing in social media sewage for me for one evening. But I would wager there’s a pretty good chance we see his name again at some point running for some local office with a deliberately “outrage the libtards” ad campaign.

He'll be a Herman Cain Award winner fo sho
Old 10-04-2022, 06:57 AM   #23772
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

This has "now that he's internet famous, we'll learn something sordid and terribly off-brand about him in about a week" written all over it.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:08 AM   #23773
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

I can't wait to read it! . My wife hardly ever wears a bra in public, wore bodycon dresses to school events and is regularly glowered at my littleold ladies.. Shes corrupting America all on her own. I approve.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 02:44 PM   #23774
Ksyrup

I'm not sure where this belongs, but it's an amazing read. And RIP.

I just learned I only have months to live. This is what I want to say. - The Boston Globe
Old 10-04-2022, 02:46 PM   #23775
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
wore bodycon dresses

I had to Google that one, never heard the term until today.
Old 10-04-2022, 02:59 PM   #23776
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Read it earlier today.

I do wonder sometimes is it better to have advanced notice or just get snuffed out.
Old 10-04-2022, 10:15 PM   #23777
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Not trying to speak ill of the dead - just talking about the story here. It's kindof interesting but also a little bit of a letdown. I always hope to find some great insights or some bits of wisdom, but this didn't have a whole lot. I'm happy for him, in an abstract sense, as he seems to have a life well lived, full of hedonistic pleasure and a touch of meaning. But this reads more like an obituary combined with a CV. I was just hoping for more wisdom - the part about the intensity of life gave my wife and I some food for thought for a few minutes - but, generally, it came down to "on all those matters, no insights, no thunderbolts of discovery. I remai**n as ignorant as ever", which is a little disappointing. Then again, it's not like we get magic powers or insight right before we die.

SI

Old 10-05-2022, 07:17 AM   #23778
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Went back to my college campus this weekend. Figured I'd pick up a sweatshirt while I was there.

Sweatshirts were $70. I did not buy one.

Is this normal? I shop pretty much at Wal-Mart/Target/Costco/Amazon, so I realize that I'm used to prices on the lower end of things.

But $70 for a sweatshirt? Which operates as free advertising for the entity selling it? Is that crazy, or am I that out of touch?
Old 10-05-2022, 07:29 AM   #23779
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Went back to my college campus this weekend. Figured I'd pick up a sweatshirt while I was there.

Sweatshirts were $70. I did not buy one.

Is this normal? I shop pretty much at Wal-Mart/Target/Costco/Amazon, so I realize that I'm used to prices on the lower end of things.

But $70 for a sweatshirt? Which operates as free advertising for the entity selling it? Is that crazy, or am I that out of touch?

A little on the high side I'd say.

I looked at a couple places I know relatively well

Rebel Rags is the big off-campus joint in Oxford for all things Ole Miss.
Champion brand sweatshirts are in the $65-$75 range but most of the stuff (around two dozen designs) are in the $40-$50 range

The on-campus bookstore here in Athens has a wider price range, with the Nike stuff being the most expensive (aside from a few Peter Millar stuff that's like $135) coming in at $65-$70. Basic sweatshirts even with the Champion brand is more like $40-$50 here.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:35 AM   #23780
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Subconsciously, I had $40 in my head, and figured it might be $50. So those prices feel more in line with what I expected.

College was Emory FWIW.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:38 AM   #23781
cuervo72
Head Coach

When I had to go back near the JHU campus (to pick up a car loan check!) I stopped in their new, fancy bookstore across the street from campus. I couldn't bring myself to buy anything, everything was so overpriced. Scratch that -- I bought a hat from a clearance table (which was probably originally in the women's section, but whatever). Prices seemed insane to me and I don't like my alma mater that much.

Purdue stuff is more varied, which probably makes sense for a big school that has a lot of companies making stuff for it. They always seem to have a table with cheap t-shirts/sweatshirts. Just the no-frills arched-block PURDUE. Which suits me fine. Prices go up from there until like Jon says, you get to the Nike-type stuff.

Related: this is a pretty neat way of getting around licensing, I think: Access denied . Of course even then these are still $33, and obviously they only bother with the big schools.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 10-05-2022 at 07:40 AM. Reason: huh, even edited it tries to grab a url title
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 07:50 AM   #23782
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Subconsciously, I had $40 in my head, and figured it might be $50. So those prices feel more in line with what I expected.

College was Emory FWIW.

Try Fanatics dot com.

There's a fair bit of Emory stuff there, with a basic sweatshirt at $40 (and $10 cheaper if you use a sale code, often visible at the top of the page)

fwiw, the best sellers on their Emory sweatshirts page run $80 to $130

(and yeah, there's probably shipping cost to add to most of the stuff)
Old 10-05-2022, 08:01 AM   #23783
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Thanks!

When you go to a D3 no-football school, you aren't used to there being a market for the swag outside of a 1-mile zone around campus :-)
Old 10-05-2022, 10:57 AM   #23784
miami_fan
Coordinator

Before reading the story about Joe Burrow setting up his own foundation, I had no idea the term "food insecurity" existed. I understand the reason for the term and why it is important to measure. I can't decided if people who are suffering from food insecurity receive more or less resources as those people who were and are suffering from hunger.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 10-05-2022, 12:44 PM   #23785
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 10-05-2022, 01:45 PM   #23786
Ksyrup

Quote:
Not trying to speak ill of the dead - just talking about the story here. It's kindof interesting but also a little bit of a letdown. I always hope to find some great insights or some bits of wisdom, but this didn't have a whole lot. I'm happy for him, in an abstract sense, as he seems to have a life well lived, full of hedonistic pleasure and a touch of meaning. But this reads more like an obituary combined with a CV. I was just hoping for more wisdom - the part about the intensity of life gave my wife and I some food for thought for a few minutes - but, generally, it came down to "on all those matters, no insights, no thunderbolts of discovery. I remai**n as ignorant as ever", which is a little disappointing. Then again, it's not like we get magic powers or insight right before we die.

SI

It was written shortly after he found out he was dying, not right before he died. That might have something to do with the lack of retrospective wisdom he might have gained. I believe he wrote it in July 2021 and he died a couple days ago.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:47 PM   #23787
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Try Fanatics dot com.

There's a fair bit of Emory stuff there, with a basic sweatshirt at $40 (and $10 cheaper if you use a sale code, often visible at the top of the page)

fwiw, the best sellers on their Emory sweatshirts page run $80 to $130

(and yeah, there's probably shipping cost to add to most of the stuff)

Also, if you have Chase or maybe Amex cards, look in your offers on your online account. I have a couple of $20 off $100 purchase from Fanatics.
Old 10-05-2022, 02:37 PM   #23788
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It was written shortly after he found out he was dying, not right before he died. That might have something to do with the lack of retrospective wisdom he might have gained. I believe he wrote it in July 2021 and he died a couple days ago.

That makes some sense. Yeah, I'm not trying to dog the guy for not having proffered up some great wisdom from a life well lived, I'm just disappointed as that's what I'm looking for when someone publishes something like that.

SI

Old 10-05-2022, 02:48 PM   #23789
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
That makes some sense. Yeah, I'm not trying to dog the guy for not having proffered up some great wisdom from a life well lived, I'm just disappointed as that's what I'm looking for when someone publishes something like that.

SI

I agree. I sent him a DM on twitter to let him know
Old 10-05-2022, 02:51 PM   #23790
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, if you have Chase or maybe Amex cards, look in your offers on your online account. I have a couple of $20 off $100 purchase from Fanatics.

Actually just used a 30% off from Regions (just part of my regular online banking set of offers) on Will's last purchase from Fanatics.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:46 PM   #23791
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Before reading the story about Joe Burrow setting up his own foundation, I had no idea the term "food insecurity" existed. I understand the reason for the term and why it is important to measure. I can't decided if people who are suffering from food insecurity receive more or less resources as those people who were and are suffering from hunger.

I'm afraid of this hot dog
Old 10-05-2022, 03:57 PM   #23792
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I agree. I sent him a DM on twitter to let him know

SI

Old 10-05-2022, 05:30 PM   #23793
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Is this legit?
Old 10-05-2022, 05:38 PM   #23794
miami_fan
Coordinator

‘You unleash hell on your kids’: Central Texas mom warns parents about ‘Hocus Pocus 2′

EDIT: I meant to quote the above post. Yes, the story is real.

Last edited by miami_fan : 10-05-2022 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:28 PM   #23795
Ksyrup

I mean, apparently there was a spell that turned one of them into a horse, so...
Old 10-05-2022, 06:33 PM   #23796
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Old 10-05-2022, 08:28 PM   #23797
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The witchcraft must have turned Velma gay.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:13 PM   #23798
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I mean, I kind of get what she is trying to say even thought I disagree. Where things likely fall part for her is she's probably a "conservative" who has no problem with actual real life horrors like treating migrants as pawns or forcing 10 year old rape victims to carry a child.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:17 AM   #23799
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Is this legit?

you are asking if Bette Midler can really cast spells through the TV? No. She has to be with you in person and there are 2 material components and a somantic component to her spell plus verbal not that song. *snort*

‘You unleash hell on your kids’: Central Texas mom warns parents about ‘Hocus Pocus 2′
Old 10-06-2022, 12:18 AM   #23800
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I mean, apparently there was a spell that turned one of them into a horse, so...

OUCH!