Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-19-2022, 07:58 PM   #6451
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The sheriff were this happened is investigating charges. He was pretty clear they took people here legally by fraudulent means.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 08:10 PM   #6452
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The sheriff were this happened is investigating charges. He was pretty clear they took people here legally by fraudulent means.

Who thought it was a good idea to pull the migrants from San Antonio? You have an entire red state and you go to one of the more liberal areas to commit your crime?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 08:26 PM   #6453
GrantDawg

I absolutely believe DeSantis hopes to get charged. He wants to be a martyr, and claim it as a pure political persecution like Trump.

Old 09-19-2022, 09:48 PM   #6454
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

There's a bunch of twitter chatter going on regarding a charter flight into a Destin airport that was only there for 10 minutes and supposedly was missing any tail markings. Nobody on or off. Wonder if we're going to be hearing about another batch of migrants landing somewhere tomorrow.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:50 PM   #6455
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
There's a bunch of twitter chatter going on regarding a charter flight into a Destin airport that was only there for 10 minutes and supposedly was missing any tail markings. Nobody on or off. Wonder if we're going to be hearing about another batch of migrants landing somewhere tomorrow.

How can they possibly think this caters to anyone other than the base?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:00 PM   #6456
Ksyrup

Also being reported that a plane used in the original stunt is schedule to fly tomorrow from San Antonio to Florida to a small airport near Biden's house in Delaware.

This is like tracking college coach movements during the off-season.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-20-2022, 06:09 AM   #6457
GrantDawg

These numbers are grim. I say there is still a better than even chance Walker wins Georgia.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:58 AM   #6458
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I truly do not understand how someone could vote for Walker. He is an all time unqualified candidate in every way.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:03 AM   #6459
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I truly do not understand how someone could vote for Walker. He is an all time unqualified candidate in every way.
"Because Warnock loves open borders, high inflation and wants your son to wear a dress."
Old 09-20-2022, 07:34 AM   #6460
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

It's all those independent voters.

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:37 AM   #6461
cuervo72
Head Coach

Now I probably shouldn't call him out (he's typically stayed out of these discussions) and he doesn't live there any more, but I'm curious to know who Ben would vote for in that race (or indeed, "a secret third thing").
Old 09-20-2022, 06:17 PM   #6462
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Understatement...Walker is the final form of all future Republicans. Qualifications mean nothing.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:58 PM   #6463
miked
College Starter

If Alabama can elect Tuberville...
Old 09-20-2022, 09:01 PM   #6464
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Understatement...Walker is the final form of all future Republicans. Qualifications mean nothing.

100%

He's not smart enough to have his own opinions or original thoughts on issues so he'll vote as he's told.
Old 09-21-2022, 07:09 AM   #6465
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

The GOP electorate have shown time and time again that they don't really care who they elect, as long as they vote a certain way and/or own the libs.
flere-imsaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 02:39 PM   #6466
Edward64
Head Coach

Great job Biden & Saudi Arabia. I assume the swap was somewhat equitable.

2 Americans captured by Russia in Ukraine freed in prisoner swap | CNN Politics
Quote:
2 Americans and 5 Britons captured by Russian-backed forces in Ukraine freed in prisoner swap
:
Earlier on Wednesday, the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced the release of 10 prisoners who are Moroccan, US, UK, Swedish and Croatian nationals.

They were “released as part of an exchange of POWs between Russia and Ukraine” and taken to Saudi Arabia, according to a statement from the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:15 PM   #6467
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Also being reported that a plane used in the original stunt is schedule to fly tomorrow from San Antonio to Florida to a small airport near Biden's house in Delaware.

This is like tracking college coach movements during the off-season.

Confirmed that this was planned and canceled. Probably because people found out ahead of time and they didn't have the element of surprise of dropping another batch of human beings off in an unsuspecting city.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:30 AM   #6468
Edward64
Head Coach

Why the frak haven't we normalized relations with Cuba? I'm sure it's because FL is a battleground state. Regardless, Joe, do the right thing here.

Quote:
Cuba's Foreign Minister, Bruno Rodríguez, has described this Wednesday before the UN General Assembly as "an act of economic war in peacetime" the blockade imposed by the United States on his country for more than six decades, while affirming that since 2019 the sanctions have been intensified.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #6469
Edward64
Head Coach

I don't really know how big or serious those protests are in Iran, but sure hope they keep up and bring about change.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:22 AM   #6470
PilotMan
Head Coach

You can hope that is true, but it's really the future look at the US after the Christian Nationalists take over government in the name of Republicanism and Democracy. I mean, they have a fully implemented "Morality Police" and the US is still working theirs through the court system.

Like Steam?

Old 09-22-2022, 03:38 PM   #6471
Ksyrup

When you're being called out for lack of compassion by Jared Kushner, perhaps your stunt backfired.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-22-2022 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 04:42 PM   #6472
PilotMan
Head Coach

I heard that the Nazi, Jewish relocation program had it's problems at first too. Maybe this one will fare better?

Like Steam?

Old 09-24-2022, 05:40 PM   #6473
GrantDawg

I don't know where to put this, because it is a rumor and nor worth a thread until confirmed. Reports are saying there has been a coup in China.
Old 09-24-2022, 07:32 PM   #6474
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't know where to put this, because it is a rumor and nor worth a thread until confirmed. Reports are saying there has been a coup in China.

Just took a quick look and I'm not seeing any major western news service report on this yet, but wow how crazy would that be?

Last edited by Thomkal : 09-24-2022 at 07:33 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 08:07 PM   #6475
GrantDawg

Yeah, it moat likely not true. It seems to be coming out of India media. The fact that planes have been grounded in Bejing as well as high speed rail closed gives it some momentum. But the probability is they are just having military drills.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 09-24-2022 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:07 PM   #6476
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Newsweek has an article about the rumors, for whatever that is worth.

Li Qiaoming: General at Center of China Coup Rumors on Social Media
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:42 AM   #6477
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

You kind of had to look for the rumor to find it. As someone noted, that means that the social media filters designed to stop fake stories from spreading sort of worked.
Old 09-25-2022, 07:35 PM   #6478
Atocep
Coordinator

Great opinion piece from Fetterman.

Access Denied

Last edited by Atocep : 09-25-2022 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:15 AM   #6479
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

I've been monitoring r/China which is anti-establishment (vs r/Sino). There's a thread and the majority consensus is wishful thinking.

There were reports of former Premiers (or top officials) in discussion with Li, but not a coup attempt.

Would be nice though.
Old 09-26-2022, 02:16 PM   #6480
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I've been monitoring r/China which is anti-establishment (vs r/Sino). There's a thread and the majority consensus is wishful thinking.

There were reports of former Premiers (or top officials) in discussion with Li, but not a coup attempt.

Would be nice though.
I think by now if there were any truth we would know. The only thing of interest there is that there does seem to be some weakening in his position. Like this trip outside the country recently was to shore up his power.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 09-26-2022 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:44 PM   #6481
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am going to put this here instead of the Severe Weather thread. I don't want to have to make a Non Political Severe Weather thread.

I have seen a bumper sticker on a few vehicles locally over the last six months or so. The bumper sticker says "Don't New York My Florida.". My interpretation of the message based on talking to a couple of people I know who have one on their vehicle is you left New York for a reason (liberal politics), don't bring that down here. It represents a undercurrent of resentment among long time residents to newcomers who may speak the same language as far as hatred of the left, also want to bring parts of the City down here as well. It is not a new story and not one that is unique to this area.

Fast forward to today. Hurricane Ian is coming to visit and everyone is getting prepared. Of course most of the long term residents are moving a little slower than others because to be frank, most have already done most of the prep earlier in the hurricane season. One thing that most people don't prep early for are sandbags. Every county has multiple sand bag locations. What that means is the county has brought a couple of dump trucks filled with sand to an empty location like the parking lot of the local little league baseball fields. They dump the sand, drop off bales of sand bags and maybe a few shovels. If you need sandbags, you fill them, you haul them away. Pretty simple process and more often than not, there are folks with extra shovels if you happen not to bring your own. It is rare but if there is a senior citizen who came to fill sand bags without an capable shovel-er in tow and is struggling to do the work themselves, they might be helped out. Sadly that is becoming rarer but it is what it is. Other than that, it is DIY and everyone knows that coming in.

I give all of that background because there are people complaining on Facebook this evening that is it ridiculous that the county does not provide workers to help people fill their sandbags and put them in their cars at the very least. They are saying that no one has time to waste filling sand bags when there are so many other things they need to get done to prepare for the hurricane. Someone mentioned that NYC distributed inflatable dams and sandbags for people in flood zones. Needless to say, the natives are not super receptive to talk about how they do things up north and are making that known in response. It has definitely provided a bit of levity as we await the end of the world.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:00 PM   #6482
GrantDawg

I have always noticed that people that complain the most about "government interference" and paying taxes are the ones that also complain the most when the government doesn't provide them with services they want.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 09-26-2022 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-27-2022, 06:49 AM   #6483
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Yup. I moved down here to get away from high taxes. And now I'm complaining that the government doesn't have enough resources. And I will go to my grave not seeing the connection between those two things.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:39 PM   #6484
miami_fan
Coordinator

Ken Paxton, Texas attorney general, allegedly ran from person serving subpoena on abortion civil suit, according to affidavit | CNN Politics

Can someone explain how any subpoenas ever get served if you can just run away from the stranger trying to serve the subpoena? Also a much more darker question, if you can run away from a person serving a subpoena because they are a stranger, does that mean that you can "defend" yourself with a weapon because you are being threatened by this stranger who is trying to attack you with this subpoena?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:23 PM   #6485
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Yeah, I mean, it's Texas. I'm kind of surprised that Paxton didn't just shoot the process server in his driveway.
flere-imsaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:37 PM   #6486
cuervo72
Head Coach

It's like Daffy and the Little Man from the Draft Board.
Old 09-28-2022, 07:58 PM   #6487
Edward64
Head Coach

Regardless of my personal belief, I thought the t-shirt was kinda cute.

Old 09-28-2022, 08:24 PM   #6488
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is this really the first time you have seen that expression?
Old 09-28-2022, 08:27 PM   #6489
Edward64
Head Coach

Yes
Old 09-28-2022, 08:33 PM   #6490
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Yes

Gotta get out of your echo chamber my dude
Old 09-29-2022, 07:39 AM   #6491
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So despite a FPOTUS who stole classified docs and a hurricane likely so severe due to climate change smashing half the state of Florida all FOX, et al. are going to cover today is "where's Jackie?"

I agree it is an awful gaffe and a terrible look, but it will be wall to wall.
Old 09-29-2022, 07:40 AM   #6492
PilotMan
Head Coach

Would it be comparable to say that if DeSantis handled this hurricane like trump initially handled covid, that his response here should be that the counties are soley responsible to rescue, rebuild and provide aid, and that the entire state shouldn't be made to deal with this 'localized' issue?

Like Steam?

Old 09-29-2022, 12:49 PM   #6493
Atocep
Coordinator

Biden should have gone down to Florida and tossed paper towel rolls to DeSantis and his staff.
Old 09-29-2022, 01:19 PM   #6494
PilotMan
Head Coach

No kidding. What a great statesman! What leadership! He would be welcomed as a conquering hero!

Like Steam?

Old 09-29-2022, 01:21 PM   #6495
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Biden should have gone down to Florida and tossed paper towel rolls to DeSantis and his staff.

Has he considered asking "Whose boat is this boat?" and stating "at least you got a nice boat out of the deal".

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:24 PM   #6496
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:04 AM   #6497
JPhillips
General Manager

I know full well that there is no bottom and soon something else will be worse, but currently, there is nothing more stupid than the right-wing freak out over Lizzo and James Madison's flute.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:40 AM   #6498
cuervo72
Head Coach

There's always a next tan suit. Always.
Old 09-30-2022, 12:51 PM   #6499
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Government funding bill passes Congress. President to sign.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:52 PM   #6500
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I know full well that there is no bottom and soon something else will be worse, but currently, there is nothing more stupid than the right-wing freak out over Lizzo and James Madison's flute.

Especially if if you have idiots, let's call him Ben S., claiming it's some deliberate provocation where "the libs" are then unhappy about deserved backlash. Like it's a reversed "own the libs" (call it " I'm not even sure anymore if it's projection (this is quite simply the business model of every right wing talking head under the sun) or an utterly stupid attempt at trolling.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-30-2022 at 01:54 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote