Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-14-2005, 09:31 PM   #2651
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, if you happen to take a look at this thread I'm concerned with the orders given by the 1st Officer.

You are in the brig with me tonight with the others in your Absolute trust, so you are safe for now. But RealDeal has now denied water to SnDvls for two straight days, which will lead to the death of a security person.

I originally had slated Fouts to not receive water last night, but had planned to provide water for tonight so he would not die of dehydration.

The concern is that both of these people are on our security force - our ability to defend resources and people will be crippled by these unilateral decisions. If RealDeal is doing this as a survivor, I think it is misguided without strong evidence (that has not been presented). If he is doing this as spawn, then that obviously is not advantageous for the crew.

Also, to the best of my knowledge you have not order Pass to guard the water supply. I'm hoping that Fouts and SnDvls will spend their last night defending a post, but wouldn't blame them for feeling betrayed right now if action is not taken to save them.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:50 PM   #2652
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
KWhit, if you happen to take a look at this thread I'm concerned with the orders given by the 1st Officer.

You are in the brig with me tonight with the others in your Absolute trust, so you are safe for now. But RealDeal has now denied water to SnDvls for two straight days, which will lead to the death of a security person.

I originally had slated Fouts to not receive water last night, but had planned to provide water for tonight so he would not die of dehydration.

The concern is that both of these people are on our security force - our ability to defend resources and people will be crippled by these unilateral decisions. If RealDeal is doing this as a survivor, I think it is misguided without strong evidence (that has not been presented). If he is doing this as spawn, then that obviously is not advantageous for the crew.

Also, to the best of my knowledge you have not order Pass to guard the water supply. I'm hoping that Fouts and SnDvls will spend their last night defending a post, but wouldn't blame them for feeling betrayed right now if action is not taken to save them.

Sundvls already accidently sent me a PM telling barkeep he wanted to sleep tonight...we need security to defend
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:54 PM   #2653
hoopsguy
General Manager

The problem is if they roll over and die they make it easier for the spawn to cripple the rest of us. I find it frustrating that AE posts he is rooting for the spawn when I tried to save him; he made his bed. I understand his sentiment, but I don't have to like it.

If MrW is playing it straight with the Vince reveal then I really respect the way he played this game. If not, then I still respect it but for different reasons.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:57 PM   #2654
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Go Hoopsguy, Go Spawn! In that order.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:58 PM   #2655
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Sundvls already accidently sent me a PM telling barkeep he wanted to sleep tonight...we need security to defend

I'll confirm this.

I'm just so frustated beyond belief that nobody cares, or those that can choose not to because they aren't online to do it, whatever. I'm going to die tomorrow because I have no water so I'm going to die in my sleep.

To those that have a phaser today you get to keep it so use it wisely, but watch out for Real Deal as he'll kill you by thirst if not by being a spawn
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:02 PM   #2656
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
I'll confirm this.

I'm just so frustated beyond belief that nobody cares, or those that can choose not to because they aren't online to do it, whatever. I'm going to die tomorrow because I have no water so I'm going to die in my sleep.

To those that have a phaser today you get to keep it so use it wisely, but watch out for Real Deal as he'll kill you by thirst if not by being a spawn

I believe you, most do...realdeal is the one screwing it up and only kwhit is able to override it though...i would if i could...but act under the assumption kwhit will override it tonight(as he can until the deadline) and protect the water supply...it would hose all of us to save you only to have you sleep
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:03 PM   #2657
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dammit, SnDvls - I do care. I just don't have the power to change this.

What is really going to piss you off, I predict, is if RealDeal ISN'T spawn but is just overplaying a hunch the same way that Ardent did when he killed Jeff. I'm not sure which one it is right now but I have to believe that RealDeal is our highest priority for scan tomorrow.

If he is spawn, then he is overplaying his hand unless they have at least three spawn or else our security team gives them access to the water earlier than they should get it by deciding to sleep instead of defending their post on their last night.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:21 PM   #2658
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'll be a team player tonight, but I'm sure Kwhit didn't make a change so it's been nice playing with you all. I guess I'm off to catch some outlaws
Old 09-14-2005, 10:25 PM   #2659
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hope to have you with us again tomorrow so we can settle this game properly. We've already had enough fairly casual deaths lately with Jeff and Ardent. That is a big part of why we are in this position now
Old 09-14-2005, 10:35 PM   #2660
hoopsguy
General Manager

With the new information on Lathum, Vince is starting to look a little more innocent:

Let's look at his actions since that day:
Day 4: Clear Schmidty. Analysis: Don't know
Day 5: Fail to revive Raiders. Analysis: Don't know what chance of success was here
Day 6: Clear Penny/Lathum. Analysis: Lathum is now confirmed survivor. Pennywise is widely regarded as clean via Absolute Trust.
Day 7: Clear Me/KWhit Analysis: I know that I'm a survivor. KWhit largely believed to be survivor based on Absolute Trust (although some are disappointed by his absence since assuming command).

We'll know the answer tomorrow morning, depending on if MrW is alive and kicking without the benefit of H2O.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:37 PM   #2661
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
With the new information on Lathum, Vince is starting to look a little more innocent:

Let's look at his actions since that day:
Day 4: Clear Schmidty. Analysis: Don't know
Day 5: Fail to revive Raiders. Analysis: Don't know what chance of success was here
Day 6: Clear Penny/Lathum. Analysis: Lathum is now confirmed survivor. Pennywise is widely regarded as clean via Absolute Trust.
Day 7: Clear Me/KWhit Analysis: I know that I'm a survivor. KWhit largely believed to be survivor based on Absolute Trust (although some are disappointed by his absence since assuming command).

We'll know the answer tomorrow morning, depending on if MrW is alive and kicking without the benefit of H2O.

No we wont, mr. w is getting water under real deals orders
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2005, 10:40 PM   #2662
hoopsguy
General Manager

Show me the post - I clearly must have missed that.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:43 PM   #2663
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #2426 does not say anything about MrW getting water, only that SnDvls and Schmidty will not.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:04 PM   #2664
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

man did you guys screw up
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:10 PM   #2665
hoopsguy
General Manager

I eagerly await your insights about how we should have played in the post-game wrap-up.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:29 PM   #2666
Fouts
College Starter

I'm back. I already posted my thoughts about Realdeal's over riding the list before I left. I could see where he could be playing a hunch, but he hasn't posted so I can only assume I was right. With so many roles out there, it is easy for spawn to act like they are one or the other. Lathum was the perfect choice for lynching due to his inactiveness in public, but we were wrong.

So who does that leave? Depends on who you believe. Mr. W or Vince? Hell I dunno.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:42 PM   #2667
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If possible, you really need to not give me water, otherwise we're going to waste a day on a showdown between me and Vince that will tell you very little.

Since the water rationing technically does not take place until tomorrow morning, can KWhit override RealDeal's order?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:43 PM   #2668
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I've obviously made a big play, and I'm going to be a big hero or a big goat as a result of it. Basically, I don't feel like we have enough time to patient scan away because we're pretty much out of water. Essentially depriving uncleared people of water works like a scan. We lose some good guys this way too, but if you are a survivor you shouldn't mind dying at this point of the game if the team wins.

I looked at the list of people deprived of water, and decided to take water from Schmidty and Sndvls. Initially my intention was to kill Sndlvs and Fouts, but I switched to Shcmidty at the last second. Actually I switched my water orders four times over the course of the day until I figured out what I wanted to do.

There were six killable guys due to water: vince, Mr. W, hoopsguy, fouts, sndlvs, and schmidty.

Basically, the assumption I went on is that either Vince or Mr. W are spawn, since Mr. W is telling us he has info implicating Vince. Also, I went on the assumption that hoops would withhold water from Mr. W and he will die anyway.

So I didn't list Mr. W because I assume he is dead. I didn't list hoops because he is the water guy. I originally listed Vince, knowing that we would get one spawn either way. But then I realized that was a bad move because Vince would only die from dehydration if he was a survivor.

So I hedged, Schmidty has always been suspicious to me, and Vince cleared him after the infamous RA long scan. So I figured if Mr. W is right and Vince is spawn, Schmidty had a good chance of being spawn, so I withheld him water.

Then it was a choice between Fouts and Sndlvs. Originally, if you remember I had withheld water from Sundvls last turn and would have withheld from Fouts if Hoops hadn't already done it. This just came down to a gut decision, and I guessed Sundlvs was the spawn. He has always been high on my list. I know he will say he has faithfully conducted his phaser duties, and he has, but the fact is, EVERYONE has at least appeared to faithfully conduct their duties, but some of these people have to be spawn.

I'm hoping I go at least one for two on these guys. if I do, and either Mr. W or Vince turns out as spawn, then I did the survivors a very good service and probably won us the game. If I didn't, well I get the AE Memorial Rambo Award and will accept whatever treatment you guys see fit including lynching, scanning, etc.

And to Sndlvs and Schmidty, if you turn out to be survivor, I know you will be quite upset. I would be too if in your shoes. Please be assured that this was not personal. If it had been personal, of course, I would have not given water to Blade

That's the explanation. Tomorrow morning should be fun.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:47 PM   #2669
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guys, where is the post that says that MrW is getting water from RealDeal's order?

Post #2426
Quote:
Early in the day sentiment clearly seemed to be running against Blade but in the end people seemed to come around to voting elsewhere, if only because he could still preform duties useful to the crew. And so it was the Second Officer Lathum who the crowd turned to in anger. Giving little more than a shrug, Lathum allowed himself to be taken down. Alas, the gore was for naught as Lathum was but an innocent SURVIVOR!

As people go to bed the crew learns that SnDvls, hoops, pass, blade, fouts, & Schmidty will be getting phasers while based on orders from your First Officer, RealDeal, two people, schmidty and sndvls will not be getting water tomorrow.

Based on orders from the 1st officer two people - Schmidty and SunDvls - are not getting water. I don't see anything about MrW in here.

Then Blade says in Post #2427 that RealDeal is giving MrW water and killing two security officers.

I don't agree with the water choices, as I would keep everyone alive if it was my call. But let's not confuse the issue here.

If there was an order to give water to MrW then I haven't seen it.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:48 PM   #2670
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Reading the posts above, Mr. W should NOT be getting water. My only order was that Sndlvs and Schmidty NOT get water. I made no order respecting Mr. W, assuming all along that he would not be getting water. I can only make two orders with my 2 AP points.

Last edited by RealDeal : 09-14-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:55 PM   #2671
hoopsguy
General Manager

And that is consistent with the conditions I was given.

RealDeal, remember how mad you were when Ardent upset the plan a couple of days ago by freelancing? Hope you have better luck with your attempt than he did. We'll see tomorrow morning. Because if you are wrong then your prediction that we could not play this out patiently scanning will likely be a self-fulfilling prophecy when we lose 1/2 of our security staff.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:56 PM   #2672
Fouts
College Starter

The dart strikes again.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:04 AM   #2673
RealDeal
High School Varsity

At the time AE upset the plan, the scan/lynch seemed to have mathematical certainty of success (not correct as it turns out, if Vince is spawn). The plan we have now- to keep everyone alive and get one scan from our nurse per day (if Vince is spawn) has no chance of working. We have no water. We can't keep dragging this out for the next week.

As far as I could tell, right now we didnt really have any plan. Everyone is just guessing and pulling different directions, and much of the info we have may be flawed if Vince is spawn.

We're going to have to kill "useful" people. Most of the engineers are cleared due to use of the duplicant power or the circle of trust (although I'm a bit dubious of that too). The group where there is the most uncleared people is the security folks.

There are a handful of people I know definitely are not spawn from clear use of private powers. That gives me an advantage in choosing who to killscan sinc ei can do my killscan amongst uncleared people.

If I'm zero for two today, then it's a bad play and it hurt us. If I'm one for two, it's a great play because one of those useful guys wasn't so useful after all and at this stage of the game, I am happy to make straight one for one trades with the spawn.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:59 AM   #2674
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, I've been catching up, but I'm exhausted after a long day and a lot of beer and food this evening. So this is going to be rather haphazard and possibly uncoordinated.

Vince's Random Thoughts About Today

• Mr. Wednesday did not in fact scan anything that I said, he made the statement "Vince is not spawn," and asked Barkeep if it was a true statement.
  • RealDeal, I was tremendously worried you had botched it tonight and given Mr. Wednesday some water. Bravo on a bold move -- though killing off two security guards seems to be rather...shady, I guess? How many protectors do we have left after today? Hoops on water, and Pass to roam? You're still firmly entrenched in my circle of trust, but this is...well, odd.
  • I love how Pennywisesb goes from grilling Mr. Wednesday and defending me vehemently to condeming me as spawn for sure in the space of about two hoopsguy posts. Thanks for having my back, buddy.
  • I also note that everyone seems to think that Mr. Wednesday is a great guy for condemning himself to death, when he has no future importance at all to the crew. I think this is a chivalrous move, but one that everyone else would have suggested anyways, so I think he may have been beating you all to the punch to secure some good will. As a doctor, I have some responsibility to remain alive, hence my defense.
  • Blade is still alive. I don't know, that's just sort of annoying The reasoning is solid (protecting people via the brig DOES seem important, but again, if I were spawn I would just be attacking the water or the brig), I just don't like anyone that pushes to get me killed as much as he did earlier. Which means that I'm right at the top of his shit list right now too, I guess. I'm ok with that (no hard feelings outside of the game, of course).
  • That's about it for now. I'm going to go to bed.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 09-15-2005 at 01:59 AM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 08:59 AM   #2675
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Last night could hardly be called peaceful. The crew wakes up in the moring to find that Sndvls, Passacagalia, and Fouts all guarded the water plant last night and that two of them, Pass and Fouts, were forced to fire their phasers to fend off an attack.

Meanwhile several people were dying of dehydration and finally this morning, when they did not get water
SnDvls and Mr. Wednesday succumb to their thirst day die. The lucky six who did recieve water today were Fouts, Hoopsguy, Vince, Penny, KWhit, and Blade making the rest of the crew rather thirsty.

While there has been great bickering amongst the Survivors it appears as though victory could be near.

Ship’s Status

Room Reports
Engineering – Fully Operational
Water Plant – Fully Operational
Water Supply – NO RESERVE
Security Headquarters Fully Operational
Brig – Empty
Weapons Locker – Phasers are with
Hoopsguy, Blade, & Schmidity

Crew Status

Command Staff
Captain - KWhit DEHYRDRATED
First Officer - RealDeal DEHYRDRATED

Engineers
Saldana DEHYRDRATED
MrBug708
DEHYRDRATED
Bek
DEHYRDRATED

Medical Staff
Doctor - Vince
Medic - pennywisesb

Security Staff
Warden - Blade6119
Galley Master - hoopsguy
Security Crewman - Fouts EXHAUSTED Security Crewman - Schmidty DEHYRDRATED
Security Crewman - Passacaglia EXHAUSTED & DEHYRDRATED

Deceased
Marc Vaughan Executed Day 2 (Spawn)
Dubb93 Executed Day 3 (Hive Mind)
Kingfc22 Killed Night 3 (Survivor)
Jeff062 Killed by Captain Ardent's Orders Day 5 (Survivor)
Ardent Enthusiast Killed by mutiny Night 5 (Survivor)
Raiders Army Executed Day 6 (Survivor)
Lathum Executed Day 7 (Survivor)
Mr. Wednesday Died of Dehydration Day 8 (Survivor)
SnDvls Died of Dehydration Day 8 (Survivor)

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 09-15-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:05 AM   #2676
RealDeal
High School Varsity

WOOHOO! Schmidty and Vince are spawn!
Old 09-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #2677
RealDeal
High School Varsity

We kill one and stick the other in the brig.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:08 AM   #2678
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Man, my original sleuthing a long time ago was correct. I knew Scmidty wasn't right. I say we string him up and slice him down the middle like a little piggie.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:15 AM   #2679
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:17 AM   #2680
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Heh Sorry RA, but we made the right move to kill you. Since Vince is spawn, you were never going to get out of the coma.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:18 AM   #2681
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
Heh Sorry RA, but we made the right move to kill you. Since Vince is spawn, you were never going to get out of the coma.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:36 AM   #2682
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Highfive to Fouts and SnDvls (RIP) helping to protect the water plant! So I'm lost -- how do we know Schimdty is spawn?

VOTE VINCE
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:37 AM   #2683
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I deprived Schmidty of water last night, and it was his second straight day, but he is not dead.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:48 AM   #2684
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hmm...so since Schmidty is complete certainty, maybe we should vote for him? Vince is only 99.9%, in my mind. I just voted for him because I was annoyed at having trusted him for so long!
Old 09-15-2005, 09:52 AM   #2685
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Here is my plan for what we should do.

1. I am certain Vince is spawn. First, because Mr. W said so and is clearly survivior. Second, because Schmidty is spawn, and Vince did a scan and said he was clear.

2. Vince should die first, because then Penny has a chance to become a doctor.

3. Tonight we throw Schmidty into the brig by himself. Hopefully, he is the last spawn, but if not we will find out.

4. Penny should have a scan today, and it needs to be used on Hoops to make sure the water guy is ok.

5. Assuming Hoops is clear, which I believe he is, I will not issue any water orders to kill anyone tonight. We will give all dehydrated people except Schmidty water.

6. The remaining security forces should guard the water again tonight.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:04 AM   #2686
SnDvls
Pro Starter

although you plan looks like it might work (assuming there are only 2 spawn) you lost 3 phasers in the process. oh well.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:06 AM   #2687
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - actually 4 as schmidty has one
Old 09-15-2005, 10:06 AM   #2688
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
I deprived Schmidty of water last night, and it was his second straight day, but he is not dead.

Wait...YOU deprived him? I thought hoops rationed it out.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:08 AM   #2689
RealDeal
High School Varsity

You know what the say about making an omelette...

But yes, I regret you had to die, sndlvs, and I definitely appreciate how you defended the water plant, even though you were deprived of the very water you were protecting. Definitely a big time team play, and I will always remember that you did that despite the fact that we left you literally high and dry.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:22 AM   #2690
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, the worst part was how Fouts and I, who weren't thirsty, were outside the plant, and SnDvls had to actually sit IN it. Nice touch, Barkeep.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:32 AM   #2691
RealDeal
High School Varsity

There's something almost Shakespearian about it: a survivor, doubted by his teammates who deprive him of water, sitting by the water, dying of thirst, yet doing his duty, protecting it from Spawn, and not drinking.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #2692
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Yeah, the worst part was how Fouts and I, who weren't thirsty, were outside the plant, and SnDvls had to actually sit IN it. Nice touch, Barkeep.
Well in fairness Fouts was deyhdrated yesterday as well, but I hoped someone would pick-up on that
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:38 AM   #2693
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

<disembodied voice>
Go team!
</disembodied voice>

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:38 AM   #2694
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Didn't Fouts receive water last night?
Old 09-15-2005, 10:43 AM   #2695
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia

does that mean my rotting body has now made the water bad.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:46 AM   #2696
SnDvls
Pro Starter

boy I really could have changed this game last night. I sent in my original phaser list with a condition. If I wasn't on the water list I wasn't going to hand out phasers, but Barkeep said the water list is technically a night action, but has to be given to him during the day so there is no way I'd know if I was on it or not until after the phaser hand out. I decided to hand them out any way and trust I'd be on the list.

Oh well off to rustle me up some outlaws or the villagers are gonna lose that one.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:54 AM   #2697
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Sundvls, I'm trying to make you a noble figure who sacrifised himself for the team cause. You're not helping.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:03 AM   #2698
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I appriciate the effort, but it's not necessary. I'm not trying to hide anything or reveal anything big, look at my posts and you can see I was having second thoughts throughout the day. Just had a realization is all and thought, WOW! what if I had been selfish and decided not to help the survivors out and just pout about it (as I've seen in other wearwolf games). I did sacrafice myself, I hope the survivors win and hopefully I was a part of that by doing my duties as only a true survivor would.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:07 AM   #2699
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola -

all I was saying is what if I had done this and not that. Anyhow that's all, I'm dead you know.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:14 AM   #2700
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Barkeep: two issues with your most recent roster list

1. jeff is still listed under engineers, but he is dead.
2. Fouts is listed as dehydrated, but he received water last night.