Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #151
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #138 is by Chubby, not Chief Rum voting for himself.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #152
hoopsguy
General Manager

Given the choice between the two candidates, by a small margin trust the group on Hannibal more than the group on Rum. So I'm inclined to vote with this group, knowing that it makes zero difference if we have two villagers showing down.

In doing so, I'm basically hanging Hannibal because Rum will break the tie if/when he shows up by voting for Hannibal.

There are about two hours left for someone to change this direction if they feel strongly about doing so.

VOTE HANNIBAL LECTER
Old 12-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #153
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Hannibal Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #154
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Not sure how I feel about that vote considering the possibility of a tie if CR doesn't show for some reason.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #155
hoopsguy
General Manager

BK, I'm probably going to be on the road home as deadline approaches. So I guess I would hope someone would be around in the last hour to move it.

I'm willing to be talked in the other direction if someone offers up a compelling argument in the next 5-10 minutes. But after that I'm going to be in my car as the deadline rolls upon us all.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #156
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't have a reason for you to vote elsewhere. My vote's on Hannibal and as I try to do, I keep D1 votes where they start, since changing is no more or less accurate generally than an initial guess. But I'm also not a fan of ties which lead to no lynches.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #157
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Old 12-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #158
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

so jakyl and lathum......
Old 12-02-2008, 07:31 PM   #159
RendeR
Coordinator

My vote is movable, who do we want to lynch? I wanted a tie early to get things moving a bit but no lynch is not acceptable today.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #160
Barkeep49
Coordinator

We still have a little wiggle room. Hopefully CR makes it back in the next 20 minutes or so.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #161
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And by 20 minutes I mean 10.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #162
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

and by wiggle you mean all switch to lathum?
Old 12-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #163
RendeR
Coordinator

Whats your move Rummy?
Old 12-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #164
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I was delayed at work, and now I see the village EXACTLY the wrong game to decide to go after me early. Don't make me reveal. Change your vote. Now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #165
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Chief: You should change your vote.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #166
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sigh...

VOTE HANNIBAL LECTER

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #167
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Chief: You should change your vote.

You mean, I should vote? I haven't voted yet. Have you been under the impression I had?

Old 12-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #168
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I mean, now I have voted. But I hadn't voted yet when you posted. Pure self-defense move.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #169
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Okay, I was delayed at work, and now I see the village EXACTLY the wrong game to decide to go after me early. Don't make me reveal. Change your vote. Now.

There should be a chose in between village and exactly in the above statement.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #170
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

:'(
Old 12-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #171
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
:'(

Sorry, HL. I think the first votes on you were BS. It galls me I am forced to throw this vote out now.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #172
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

deadline
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #173
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The crowd is shaken by the day's events. Unsure of what is really happening but sure of one thing; at least one of them are responsible for what as happened.

Fear and terror turn to rage and accusation. A finger is pointed at Hannibal Lecter. "You did this!" Another is pointed in Chief Rum's direction, or was it Lathum. Soon the crowd can't decide between Hannibal or Chief Rum but Chief Rum looks to be the person who most cast doubt upon but Chief and hoopsguy have not yet spoken up.

Soon they both speak up and cast a finger of suspicion at Hannibal. "It was him!!!" The crowd begins to work itself into a frenzy. They feed off the evil which they have witness and which thrives within the club.

They begin to move towards Hannibal but he is not where they last saw him. A hung begins, seaching the club. He must be here somewhere. He must pay. They are ore certain than ever.

Soon they find him in a back room. He is sitting down dining on something. A ghastly cry is heard, it is the bass player he feeds upon. He declares that he is "simply having his last supper as he knew his fate was already decided upon by the mob. I am not the one who perpetrated today's events. You have the wrong person. This is how I do it, no fan fare, no pyrotechnics, simple nourishment."

"Enough!" says a voice in the crowd. Hannibal is swarmed upon by the crowd and soon lies lifeless on the ground next to the remains of his last meal. A search of him shows he was simply just another face in the crowd. He was an innocent.

Evil laughter fills the air.

The night begins.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #174
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

nice, at least i got a last meal!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #175
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Night one deadline 11 PM EST.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #176
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wait, so he was a good guy, right? Why was he feeding on the bass player again?

Old 12-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #177
RendeR
Coordinator

Bah.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #178
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah, what he said.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #179
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Because he's Hannibal Lecter (and the bass player had to die).
Old 12-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #180
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:

Cuz he was there... and i was hungry!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #181
hoopsguy
General Manager

FWIW, I would suggest that the seer scans Chief Rum in order to see:
1.) If he is a wolf (was rare for him to get early heat in a game)
2.) If there was any value to the vote today
3.) If not, were there any votes that appeared to be "wolf fitting in"

Obviously the seer can scan whoever the heck they please, but this would be my play.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #182
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Sorry, HL. I think the first votes on you were BS. It galls me I am forced to throw this vote out now.

I don't understand this post.

Everyone has to vote for someone, so why were the early votes BS?

Also, what galls you about the timing of your vote? If you are the last one to vote one minute before the deadline you are usually deciding someones fate.

Why so apologetic to HL? Someone has to go first and the only way you could have known he was a villiager is if you are a wolf.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #183
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't understand this post.

Everyone has to vote for someone, so why were the early votes BS?

Also, what galls you about the timing of your vote? If you are the last one to vote one minute before the deadline you are usually deciding someones fate.

Why so apologetic to HL? Someone has to go first and the only way you could have known he was a villiager is if you are a wolf.

Because the reasoning was specious (which would be expected of Day One votes), but the two making those votes didn't act like they were just "tossing out" Day One votes. Barkeep seemed to suggest he had good reason for his vote, and never explained himself so much as I saw. And then the Jackal tossed on a second vote with no real explanation at all. Really, you don't think it odd that the very first two votes come in this manner and on the same guy in a relatively short period of time?

And where do I say the timing of my vote galls me? I'm not sure where I say that. The vote itself galls me for obvious reasons. Since I saw HL as an unreasonable target from the first two votes, it galled me that I would be in a position to have to vote for him myself as a self-defense measure.

And I was apologetic to HL because I didn't want to vote for him, and felt my hand was forced. I did feel he was a villager, but that's beside the point--I knew I didn't have enough evidence to have anything more than a hunch on that.

Really, though, why do I have to explain this? This should be fairly obvious to anyone reading this thread from the start of the day to the end. Not like I waited to the end of the day to question those votes. I did that from the very start (but had to leave for work).

Old 12-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #184
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sending out the PM's for night results now, will post the results here once they are sent.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #185
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Because the reasoning was specious (which would be expected of Day One votes), but the two making those votes didn't act like they were just "tossing out" Day One votes. Barkeep seemed to suggest he had good reason for his vote, and never explained himself so much as I saw. And then the Jackal tossed on a second vote with no real explanation at all. Really, you don't think it odd that the very first two votes come in this manner and on the same guy in a relatively short period of time?

Fair enough, their votes were odd

Quote:
And where do I say the timing of my vote galls me? I'm not sure where I say that. The vote itself galls me for obvious reasons. Since I saw HL as an unreasonable target from the first two votes, it galled me that I would be in a position to have to vote for him myself as a self-defense measure.

Your words were "it galls me to make this vote now" Maybe just poor wording on your part or poor interpretation on mine.

Quote:
And I was apologetic to HL because I didn't want to vote for him, and felt my hand was forced. I did feel he was a villager, but that's beside the point--I knew I didn't have enough evidence to have anything more than a hunch on that.

I understand your work situation, but when you are forced to vote one minute before the deadline your hand is almost always going to be forced. Your apology seemed somewhat hollow. And if you really thought HL was a villager then you could have voted elsewhere and left it a tie.

Granted, you would have taken alot of heat for it, but you aren't one to shy away from heat when you feel you are doing the correct thing.

Quote:
Really, though, why do I have to explain this? This should be fairly obvious to anyone reading this thread from the start of the day to the end. Not like I waited to the end of the day to question those votes. I did that from the very start (but had to leave for work).
[/quote]

Someone has to die day one, it just seems like you were so over the top apologetic, when in reality we had a pretty good result, no roled player was killed and no one had to reveal.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #186
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I can see how that wording would come off that way. Sorry for the confusion (that's for the second part).

It's a shame that if you found those votes odd you chose not to pursue them while you could have. Now that HL is a proven villager, of course, you have no problem saying you found them odd. Ugh.

Disagree completely on the third part. You know no one will do that, especially where tie breaker rules aren't posted, at least not so much as I recall. And, no, my hand isn't always forced coming in at the last second. Quite often I don't vote as anticipated in those situations. I don't see this in the same light, since it was my own neck on the line. Others face the same situation and pretty much always make the same decision I did, so I think it's quite a bit out of touch with historical reality to question why I would feel myself forced in this situation.

And I disagree that a vanilla villager is a good Day One kill. Any day a wolf doesn't die is a bad day for the village.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #187
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And at least I was apologetic BEFORE the results came out. Not like I am doing a revisionist history here. But then, no revisions needed. When I found the HL vote odd, I questioned it right away. I didn't wait until after the lynch.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:30 PM   #188
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
And at least I was apologetic BEFORE the results came out. Not like I am doing a revisionist history here. But then, no revisions needed. When I found the HL vote odd, I questioned it right away. I didn't wait until after the lynch.

thats kind of my point, it all seems a little to neatly wrapped up.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #189
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
thats kind of my point, it all seems a little to neatly wrapped up.

And that hint of whatever gets your conviction, and you don't even question for one second the odd vote that started this day off?

It doesn't matter. I am going to have to reveal shortly.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #190
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Day turns into night. Everyone tries to get some sleep while unable to kee their eyes closed for long. They can feel that danger is lurking. Evil is lurking. Death may be in the air.

As everyone awakens they discover they begin to look around. Is everyone okay? Some of you heard a little comotion last night but did not see anything happen.

You count your numbers. Everyone is still there. No-one has been killed. You all have survived a night. Could this be a positive sign of things looking better? Could the evil be gone? Was this one night of terror? Can you leave Now?

No, you are still trapped. Evil still lurks around every corner. Do not close your eyes, do not turn your back to these people. Anyone of them could be ready to strike out against you.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #191
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

very nice
Old 12-02-2008, 10:41 PM   #192
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
very nice

Not so much. That no kill isn't as nice as it seems.

They went after someone. They went after me. And I'm not surprised. I was too strongly reactive when I found myself on the line, and they saw what I was driving at, even as the rest of the village did not.

I am Leo, and the demons know it now.

I was approached last night, but used my powers to avoid attack. But I was told they now know who I am, and that an attack from a Dark Lighter will likely come next.

This is my fault, I know, but I am hopeful something good may come of it. I received clues in my PM about what I perceived about my attacker. I am still mulling them over before revealing them, because I am not sure yet what they're saying.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #193
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The good news is that normal BG rules apply, as I can protect myself on non-consecutive nights, even from the Dark Lighter. I did not protect myself last night, and I suspect I only live because only the Dark Lighter can kill me.

But that still makes me relatively useless. Even if I succeed in protecting myself (and my PM suggests such protection, which is more of a healing thing, is not 100%), I can't protect myself at all tomorrow night and will be a goner.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #194
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm confused by CR's posts, but I'll wait before I ask questions.

This is not me questioning his reveal, I'm just confused by some of the things he stated.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #195
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm confused by CR's posts, but I'll wait before I ask questions.

This is not me questioning his reveal, I'm just confused by some of the things he stated.

Well, other than the clues I have, I don't really have anything else to reveal, and since you don't know those, I don't know how they would add to your thoughts on my reveal. So please do ask away. I won't be around tomorrow, so this is the only chance you get to get responses from me.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:05 PM   #196
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Well, other than the clues I have, I don't really have anything else to reveal, and since you don't know those, I don't know how they would add to your thoughts on my reveal. So please do ask away. I won't be around tomorrow, so this is the only chance you get to get responses from me.

fair enough

Quote:

I was approached last night, but used my powers to avoid attack. But I was told they now know who I am, and that an attack from a Dark Lighter will likely come next.

Here you say you used your powers last night.

Quote:
The good news is that normal BG rules apply, as I can protect myself on non-consecutive nights, even from the Dark Lighter. I did not protect myself last night, and I suspect I only live because only the Dark Lighter can kill me.

But that still makes me relatively useless. Even if I succeed in protecting myself (and my PM suggests such protection, which is more of a healing thing, is not 100%), I can't protect myself at all tomorrow night and will be a goner.

Then here you say you didn't protect yourself, yet your powers are useless tomorrow night?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #197
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, when I say "used my powers", I am referring to my invincibility to normal attack. That's a power of mine, and I don't have to actively use it (like naming a target).

Also, the PM worded it that way when it described my attack, something along the lines of I sensed my attacker and then used my powers to avoid that attack (not sure I can say it more directly without violating quoting PMs rules). In any case, that no doubt played into how I described it here.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #198
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- What "clues" have you really given us, other then the fact you weren't attacked by the dark lighter.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #199
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola- What "clues" have you really given us, other then the fact you weren't attacked by the dark lighter.

None obviously. I said I haven't revealed the clues yet. See a few posts above this one.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #200
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
None obviously. I said I haven't revealed the clues yet. See a few posts above this one.

my bad.

I see no reason why you wouldn't reveal them at this point