Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-04-2019, 09:48 AM   #251
Butter
Coordinator

Just wanted to say good luck to all, again. Thanks for making the draft smooth.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:02 PM   #252
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for running it again sir. Good luck to you as well.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:10 AM   #253
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

3 months in, and things are.. well, normally by this point there's at least one or two teams that can absolutely say "We're going to be in the playoffs". This year? Nae so much.

Entering this week, we have 5 teams with a good playoff chance, and a sixth with an outside shot.

Team W-L-T Pts For/Pts Agnst
1 Gently Fletcher Cox 7-4-0 2320 1921
2 Prestige Collection 7-4-0 2293 2170
3 unstopable 7-4-0 2185 2039
4 Stamford Cyberams 7-4-0 2099 2106
5 Woonsocket Warriors6-4-12089 1988
6 Dayton Dynamo 5-6-0 2151 2166

Realistically, for the Dynamo, this week against GFC is a must win game. The problem is that right now, they're 41 point underdogs, and only one player in their roster is on a bye, so if both teams play to their potential, the GFC have a higher ceiling.

We also have the Warriors taking on the Cyberarms, in a game that couldn't come at a worse time for the Cyberarms, as they will be missing at least 5 players due to injury or bye (before signing waivers/free agents)

Kirk Cousins, Tyreek Hill, Melvin Gordon, Adam Thielen, and K Harrison Butker all are on bye, and there's a couple other players with Questionable injury status.

The other top 6 matchups for the final two weeks of the regular season:

Week 13:

Prestige Collection vs unstopable: Likely a win and in game for both teams.

Week 14 will be a definite scoreboard watching set of matchups as all the top 6 play each other:

Warriors vs Dynamo: The Dynamo may already be out by the time this game comes around (they will likely need to win out to get in), but the Warriors will almost definitely be watching the scoreboard, and a win might not be enough without help.

Cyberarms v Unstopable : Yup, one week after playing the Prestige in a likely win and in situation, this one will also likely be win and in. It's not easy for unstopable, but if they can't win either of the games, they may not deserve to make the top 4.

GFC vs Prestige Collection: The league's top 2 scoring teams, and both may either already be in, on the bubble, or need help.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:36 AM   #254
Butter
Coordinator

Nice recap. Yeah, I had a great start and have fizzled. My lineup has gone to crap. And there are no good waiver wire pickups, so I'm stuck with it. Oh well
Old 12-02-2019, 09:38 AM   #255
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok, so this is what it looks like with one week (and the monday night game of week 13) to go.

1st unstopable (8-4), almost certainly going to win their Week 13 matchup. (Leads 220-140, Yahoo estimates 94% chance of victory)

Unless Cousins and cooks do something out of their mind, unstopable is in the playoffs. Even if they lose Week 14, 9 wins will be enough.

2nd Stamford Cyberarms (8-5). I already gave them the loss since all players have played in their week 13 matchup. They're on the right side of the bubble, but could need a win, as there could be a log jam with 8 win teams. No pressure playing the #1 team in the league, right?

3rd Gently Fletcher Cox (7-5, currently trail by 12, with one player remaining, Yahoo says GFC are 64% to win) GFC has some significant rooting interest in the Monday Night Football game. Not specifically for the Vikings or Seahawks, but they'll be watching one player. Tyler Lockett needs to score 13 for the win. He's made that 7 times so far. His projected point total is 19.

4th Prestige Collection (7-5, 94% to lose week 13 with three players remaining, trail by 80). Barring a Cousins/Cook/Carson miracle, they will drop out of a playoff spot, and their game against GFC next week will become a must win, and with the various permutations, that STILL may not be enough).

5th Woonsocket Warriors (6-5-1, 99% to win, lead by 53, 1 player left for opponent) Honestly, I almost moved my record to 7-5-1, but it's not QUITE over so, leave it that way. With Prestige losing this week, assuming Josh Gordon doesn't pull out several miracles, a win next week vs the Dynamo will be enough to get into the playoffs at 8-5-1 (as the log jam will be at 8-6)

6th Dayton Dynamo (6-6, Lead by 20, they have one player left, opponents have two players left, Dayton 70% favorite to win). Well, it's all coming together so far for the Dynamo. But there's a LOT more things that have to go right to get into the playoffs. They have to hold on to their week 13 lead against Russel Wilson (opponent is hampered, they have both Wilson and the Vikings D), then they have to beat the Warriors next week, and then... It all comes down to the tiebreakers. But with one week + one day left, they're still in the game.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:19 AM   #256
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Tyler Lockett scored a goose egg, which makes the playoff picture a LOT clearer.

unstopable 9-4

Cyberarms 8-5
Warriors 7-5-1

Prestige 7-6
GFC 7-6
Dayton 7-6

Warriors vs Dynamo: Win and in. (Warriors would be no worse then #3 if they win, Dayton would leapfrog the Warriors and the Prestige/GFC loser to guarantee at least fourth spot

Prestige vs GFC: Also Win and in (the winner would move ahead of the Warriors/Dayton loser

unstopable-Cyberarms: By my calculations, both teams are in (unstopable can be no worse than 9-5. and Cyberarms at 8-6 would be ahead of the losers of the other two matchups)
Old 12-03-2019, 06:49 AM   #257
Butter
Coordinator

Pretty interesting that it is 3 v 6 and 4 v 5 for this week. Mini-playoffs!

Last edited by Butter : 12-03-2019 at 06:49 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:49 PM   #258
Comey
College Starter

I have lost at least four games in amazing fashion this year. The Lockett donut was the coup de grace on what has been maybe the most frustrating season I've ever had.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote