Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2019, 06:33 PM   #1
Suicane75
Coordinator

I Am A Vampire

This thread is a bit retroactive, I'll start at the beginning and work my way up to where we are now, and of course move forward.

It all started last year when Luke Hoover, a writer for Yahoo, sent out a tweet asking if anyone would be interested in a new type of FF league called a Vampire League. The rules were standard, with one exception. One team doesn't get to draft. Instead he has to wait till the draft ends and fill his roster with who's left. If the Vampire wins a week he can plunder anyone from his opponents roster with the only caveat being that he can only take 2 1st and 2 2nd rounders over the course the season, and that a team can bench and declare a player ineligible to be plucked.

I was very disappointed not to be the Vampire in year 1, but never fear, my last place finish guaranteed me the role of Vampire this season. Did I tank on purpose? Who knows, but this is where we'll pick things up.

It's a 10 team league, there are 2 keepers per year, per team. Rosters are QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB, WR/RB/TE, DE, K & 6 Bench & 1 IR spots.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 10-23-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
tarcone
Coordinator

Thats an awesome rule. What a great idea.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:25 AM   #3
Suicane75
Coordinator

Initial Roster
QB: Brees & Prescott- This was a big deal as it wasn't so much about getting a great QB as it was getting great early season matchups, which these two gave me. A strong base to try and pull an early season upset or two and get at least a competitive roster.

RB: McCoy, C. Thompson, D. Lewis- I don't think McCoy had been traded to KC yet but he might have. Either way, it gave me a potential 3 down back, which I was over the moon about. The other two were the best receiving options out there that I could at least pray for a decent week from in a PPR league.

TE: Hooper & Andrews- Had these guys on my sleeper lists during all my bestball drafts and was ridiculously excited to get both of them in a league I could start them both. Andrews volume wasn't going to be there but I saw him as at worst the #2 receiver in Baltimore and Hooper was part of a high powered offense.

WR: Gallup, Samuel, Montcrief, T. Smith, Renfrow, Coutee, Ross- The only guy I really loved on this list was Gallup. The numbers post Cooper trade were too good to ignore and I'm still wishing I had drafted more of him in bestball, especially since the other guys in his range I grabbed a lot of were Miller & Montcrief. Samuel was a lottery ticket that I hoped would be the #2 WR in what I thought could be an undervalued SF passing attack despite being injured most of pre season. Coutee was hurt at the time, which was likely why he fell out of our draft, but the reports were for an early season return and I had him ranked highly, especially in PPR. This was pre Stills trade. T. Smith was another lottery ticket, potential breakout 2nd WR in a high powered attack. Renfrow was just a volume dart toss post AB. Ross was someone I grabbed a boatload of at the end of every bestball draft, especially when AJ Green went down and I was pleased as punch to get him here.

K: Vinatieri

D: Cowboys- LOVED getting them with that early season schedule.

Did I think this team was good? No, but I had stumbled into some potential producers, and with a little luck, maybe I could steal a win or two early and compete for a playoff spot in a league where you only have to be 6th out of 10 to do so.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 10-24-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:29 AM   #4
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 1

The projection was that I'd lose by 36 points, it was basically cross my fingers and pray.

So what happened? Well, my opponents QB was Mayfield, who shit the bed in NE and produced 11 points, while I started Brees who picked up 25 vs Houston. A good start. Incidentally, both our backup QB's, Murray (26) for him and Prescott (41) for me, scored way more points than who we started.

Besides QB, my big win was at RB where I got 12 points from McCoy and 11 from Thompson, while he got 25 from Cook but only 4 from Mixon. I'll gladly take that outcome.

The WR battle was a near draw as Gallup and Samuel combined for 22 points while his Robinson & Godwin combo scored 26 points. I'll take that. Again, we each left monster games on the bench as I didn't start Ross (31) and he didn't start Fitz (21) or Tyrell Williams (20).

At TE I got another big win as I started Andrews (21) to his Njoku (11). I left Hooper and his 12 points on my bench.

The flexes were a sad state as my Montcrief & Tre'Quan scored a whopping 12 combined points but that was better than they 4 point total he got from Aaron Jones & Corey Davis.

His Lutz outscored my Vinatieri 15-5, which could have been a killer, but my Cowboys outdid his Browns 7-4 which mitigated it some.

The final score? A 113-101 victory. His 8 combined points from Mixon & Jones and my QB & TE edge won the day while Gallup & my RB's did enough to bolster them. Luck & strategy, exactly as planned.

Now came the question of who to steal. I have drafted mostly this year under the Zero RB model, and while I think that's the winning strategy most of the time in bestball, this isn't bestball, and Cooks week 1 performance gave me confidence that barring injury, he was going to perform at both a high level and with high volume as a 3 down back.

But there was something else to consider here, his draft slot. In most leagues, he was a 2nd round pick, but since we're a 2 keeper league where you can keep a guy and relinquish a draft pick in the round you took him (increasing by 1 round each year you keep him, until it becomes a 1st rounder and you then have to let him go the subsequent season), Cook was a 1st rounder this year.

But I was not in a position to worry about long term, I needed a guy who could help me win next week, and so Cook it was. Onward!

Last edited by Suicane75 : 10-24-2019 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:55 AM   #5
Suicane75
Coordinator

MIDWEEK

We added Cook via plunder, as well as Hollywood Brown off his huge week 1, Hardman, Gio Bernard & Ty Montgomery all via free agency. Gone were Renfrow, Smith, Samuel, Lewis & Coutee (Stills trade made him worthless to me).

I believe there were minor issues with Bell & Mixon so I grabbed their handcuffs just in case. Hardman was tantalizing following Hills injury and Brown was a no brainer given his electric week 1 performance.

Did I think my team was good, per se? Not quite, but I knew I had a stud RB, a QB with a great schedule, solid TE's and WR's oozing with big game potential. I would still need luck, but I also had the potential to put up a decent number of points.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:53 AM   #6
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 2

We were still projected to lose by a large amount (16), but our team total projection jumped from 95 in week 1 to 116 in week 2. FYI, I take very little stock in those numbers, I'm just presenting them to give you a sense of where we are and where the computers see us.

So what happened? Well, for the 2nd week in a row my opponent got a severely disappointing performance from his QB as Watson put up a mere 13 points Vs Jacksonville, meanwhile I rolled with Dak who torched Washington for 34 points. Another week where luck & strategy both hit as Wilson scored 30 points on his bench.

At RB, Cook (27) was exactly the stud I needed him to be but McCoy (4) disappointed. He got a combined 26 points from his Johnsons, David & Kerryon, but I'll take that slight win.

At WR I started Ross, and while he was mostly silent, a late long TD reception boosted his total to 19 points while Gallup added another 10. Hilton and Thielen were solid for my opponent, combining for 22 points, but again, my 2 undrafteds outscore his 2nd and 3rd round picks. I'll take it.

At TE, his Kittle outscored my Hooper 7-6, but that's a victory for me. I foolishly left Andrews and his 21 points on the bench, and it could have been a killer considering who I started in my flex spots over him.

Hands of stone Montcrief (0) & Hollywood Brown (13) were my flexes, and as I mentioned, leaving Andrews on the bench could have doomed me here. In fact, Hardman (14) also would have been a better start than either guy. He got 13 from Lockett and 12 from Michel to give him the flex edge.

My biggest failure this week was that Prater, who I dropped Vinatieri for, and the Cowboys D, who I was relying on, combined for a putrid 3 points. Meanwhile he got 9 from Zuerlein and 12 from the Jaguars to outscore me 21-3 in D/K. Again, this could have been a kller.

But it wasn't. I eeked out a 114-112 victory. I don't think I would have been dead in the water with a loss, but a victory actually had me thinking I could achieve more than just compete for a playoff spot. I felt like I could actually build a solid enough team to compete for a title. There was more work to be done for sure, but just a couple more wins could get me a roster that stood a chance against anyone.

Who to plunder this week? I gave serious thrift to all 3 of his big WR's, Thielen, Hilton & Lockett. But at the end of the day, David Johnson, a 3 down PPR back with what looked like a shaky Carolina defense at home on deck, just seemed like the best choice, especially since I was confident in Gallup, Andrews & Brown going into week 3. It would be my 2nd and last 1st round steal, which took Kamara, Elliott & Barkley off the table, but looking ahead was still foolish at this point. There was still work to do, and WR steals would be readily available, so I needed to focus on winning next week before anything else.

On we go!

Last edited by Suicane75 : 10-24-2019 at 04:55 AM.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:02 AM   #7
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Thats an awesome rule. What a great idea.

It's interesting. It's a fun quirk, but 90% of the time I'd gather the Vampire doesn't really come into play. But when he does, it creates chaos and widespread strategic craziness.

A few other rules we have. Pot is $500, $50/10 teams. $5 a week goes to the high score, unless the Vampire wins, then he gets the $5 regardless of his score. Season prize is 70% winner, 30% runnerup, unless the Vampire wins, then he gets it all. If the Vampire loses a week, he gets the #1 waiver priority, if not, it stays the normal/current order.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:52 AM   #8
Suicane75
Coordinator

MIDWEEK

We added David Johnson via plunder and put Gallup (knee injury) on IR. We also added via free agency, Frank Gore who has a prime opponent at home in Cincinnati, and Singletary is out. Jordan Wilkins added on spec with Mack questionable, Devin Smith with Gallup out, and Marvin Jones, whom I have a ton shares of in bestball and was over the moon to find on the wire.

Gone are Montgomery, Bernard, Montcrief and Chris Thompson.

We also replaced Prater at kicker with Joey Slye.

Losing Gallup as he headed into a matchup with Miami hurt, but getting Gore vs Cincy and Jones vs Phillys shitty secondary was a huge plus. Season long you wouldn't be starting either guy much in a 10 team league, but on a matchup basis for this week, I feel like I have a very strong starting squad.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 10-24-2019 at 05:07 AM.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #9
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 3

Week 3 had me projected to lose by a mere 5 points, and my team total projection had jumped from 95 in week one, all the way up to 134 here in week 3. So how did we do?

Prescott got me 27 points vs the Dolphins which was great, but still short of the 34 Mahomes got for my opponent, but it kept me in the ballgame.

RB was the same story as Cook (22) & Johnson (16) were able to keep it close to my opponents combined 45 from Kamera & Ekeler.

At WR we benefited from a lackluster 12 point total from his Diggs/Watson tandem, while Jones (19) & Brown (6) gave us a huge boost.

TE was a stalemate as Olson barely outscored my Hooper 23-22.

Gore with 16 and Hardman with 17, blew out his flex combo of Fournette & Mike Williams who combined for only 18 points.

Slye, 8-3 over Myers, and the Cowboys, 15-12 over the Rams helped seal a wild 167-146 win and move me to 3-0. Now were looking at something much more than I anticipated when this started.

He left a lot of points on the bench, including 27 from Lindsey and 17 from Cooks, but McCoy scored 21 from my bench as well. At the end of the day though, I walk away with the win.

Now, who do we snatch from his roster? Kamera couldn't be taken, as I'd already grabbed 2 1st rounders. I gave some thought to Diggs to reinforce my WRs, but at the end of the day I decided to snatch Mahomes. Do I think he'll replicate last season? No, but he's obviously an elite QB who can be a week winner any week. Compound this with Daks toughening schedule and Brees' injury and it was a pretty easy choice.

On to week 4 as we try and keep things rolling.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:19 AM   #10
Suicane75
Coordinator

MIDWEEK

No changes to the main roster this week as I'm very comfortable with the team and am no longer looking for waiver wire level upgrades, which is pretty cool, as my core and depth are decently strong. I did add Houstons D as a potential play against a Newtonless Carolina team. I dropped Jordan Wilkins.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:19 PM   #11
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 4

So I expected the law of averages to catch up to me here, and it turned out to be quite the wild ride.

His Rodgers outscored Mahomes 29-18, a disappointing start.

Cook & Johnson combined for 34 to his 37 from Conner & Freeman.

At WR, Hardman actually had -.10 points for me while Hollywood scored a mere 4. That's ugly. Conversely, a big game from Evans helped him total 22 from his wideouts despite a poor performance from Boyd.

Kelce (12) vs Andrews (11) was a wash.

The flexes would give me a boost as McCoy (16) & Ross (5) outdid the combined 12 he got from Gordon & Kirk.

Special teams gave me a big boost as Slye netted 13 points and the Cowboys scored 16, compared to the 4 points he got from Gostkowski and the 0 points the Ravens got against the Browns.

So how did I do? Well, heading into the Pit/Cincy MNF game, I had the lead. But I fully expected his Boyd/Conner combo to overcome my Ross start. And late in the 4th quarter he pulled ahead. But then fate smiled upon me as 2 important things happened. Firstly, Ross caught a pass to give me a 1 point lead. Then, with about 4 minutes left, on 3rd down, Boyd was targeted but it was incomplete AND the Steelers were called for a hold, giving Cincy a fresh set of downs that they did nothing but run clock with. The Steelers got the ball back with less than 2 minutes remaining and a few kneels later I escaped with a 1 point win. A Boyd reception or a Conner gain would have sunk me. Instead I prevailed.

Now the hard part. Looking back I regret my decision on who to steal. Conner was probably the best choice, and an injured Hill on his bench might have been just as good a choice. But I had hesitation on both and instead grabbed Mike Evans, using the first of my available 2nd round steals. Oh well, It's not that I don't like Evans, but all things being equal, I should have taken one of the other two guys.

In any event I was now 4-0 and suddenly looking at something pretty remarkable building.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:27 PM   #12
Suicane75
Coordinator

MIDWEEK

We dropped Hardman, IR'd Brees and picked up the Eagles defense ahead of a home matchup with the Jets. Again, it was nice to have a complete team with no real need to use wire pickups to fill things out.

Also, for the first time this year, my upcoming opponent benched and declared one of his studs ineligible, CMC, A 2nd rounder who would have surely been my target in the case of a win.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:52 PM   #13
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I love the hell out of this premise.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:18 PM   #14
tarcone
Coordinator

This is awesome and you are doing a fantastic job under it.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:13 PM   #15
Suicane75
Coordinator

Thanks much guys. I wish I had done this from the beginning but getting early wins probably makes for a better dynasty/read. If I had started badly it likely would have just flamed out as I posted about my continuous trouncings.

I asked Luke, who I believe was the Vampire in all 3 initial leagues he set up last year, what the best he did was. 2 Disasters and 1 playoff appearance with a quick exit were his answer, so it gave me something to strive for.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:57 PM   #16
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 5

This would be a huge test, as even with CMC on his bench, this guy was also undefeated and IMO has the best team in the league.

Mahomes vs Brady was a stalemate as they each rocked 30 points.

Cooks 23 and Johnsons 17 gave me a slight advantage over his combined 31 from Carson & Ingram.

Things fell apart at WR as Hollywood got me 10, but Evans laid a big fat goose egg in NO. Meanwhile he got 12 from Hopkins and 21 from Edelman. Oof.

Hooper outscoring Ebron 10-1 helped mitigate my WR blowout.

The flexes weren't pretty as we each had a 1 point performance, McCoy for me and Gallman for him. Andrews scored 7 but Landry picked up 10 for his side.

Bryant outdid Slye 6-4 and he got a ridiculous 20 from the Patriots D to give him an easy wi....hold up, who did I have on D? The Eagles? Vs the Jets? Yup. They notched me a crazy 45 points and led me to a 138-132 win in a game that I should have lost.

Haha, I just realized this wasn't the guy with CMC, my bad.

Anyway, we both left huge games on the bench, 26 for his Breida and 20 for my Gallup.

So I won a game I probably didn't deserve but I'll take it. Now who do I steal? Hopkins & Barkley (injured) were both off limits as they were first rounders. Carson & Ingram were obvious considerations but instead I plucked Davante Adams, even with the turf toe injury. Maybe I was feeling cocky here but I felt like it was worth stashing him as I fully expected to be able to win a few more games even if he would be out awhile.

5-0, but with 2 very lucky wins, and Adams riding the bench for at least a few weeks, there's still work to do.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:03 AM   #17
Suicane75
Coordinator

MIDWEEK

The only roster move we made this week was to drop the Eagles D for the Cowboys, streaming against the putrid Jets for the 2nd straight week.

This upcoming opponent is the dude who has and protects CMC. I was really bummed, as stealing him would have made me the best team in the league on paper IMO. Oh well, we'll make do.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:16 AM   #18
Suicane75
Coordinator

Stay tuned. Week 6 is where things start to get a bit wild, for a variety of reasons. Injuries, trades, edge of your seat excitement. It's madness!
Old 10-25-2019, 07:42 AM   #19
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 6

Besides sitting CMC, my opponent also had Josh Jacobs on bye. I had Gore & Hollywood on bye so that's a win for me as they're fringe starts for me at this point anyway. The projection still only had me as a 6 point favorite.

He probably regretted his decision to sit the Darnold/Crowder combo which would have netted him 37 points. Instead he went with Garoppolo/Sanders/Kupp and came away from it just a combined 17 points from his passing game. I rolled with Mahomes (25), Evans (16) & Gallup (7).

The RB battle was fairly even as Cook/Johnson brought me 36 points compared to 39 for his Elliott/Peterson unit.

I obliterated him at TE as Hooper outdid Ertz 22-5.

Jeffrey & DJ Moore in the flex were his bright spots, pickng up 19 & 12, while Andrews & Jones managed just 14 points between them.

I bested him in the kicking game 15-13 while his Redskins 15 outdid my Cowboys 6.

The final score? A 142-119 romp for my Blood Suckers, and a 6-0 record.

Now it was time to decide who to plunder. CMC was protected and Elliott (1st rounder) was off the table. I should have taken Jacobs, and looking back I'm not sure why I didn't. Instead I went with Kupp and regretted it almost instantly.

I know my reasoning was that Adams would likely miss a few more weeks, Hollywood was hurting, and Gallup had been injured and quiet since his strong start, but Jacobs would have been the better choice for sure.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:53 AM   #20
Suicane75
Coordinator

MIDWEEK

OK, so I'm still reeling over the Kupp decision, and I know my roster is starting to get bloated (besides Mahomes I also have Prescott & Winston, who I got on waivers earlier in the year to stash, on my roster and Brees on IR). I have a fixation with hoarding QBs, sue me.

I start putting feelers out for trade partners but it's difficult as I only want to do 2-1 or 3-1 deals and nobody that I really want is being offered.

I pull the trigger on a deal that sends Gallup, Gore & Andrews in exchange for JuJu. Do I love Juju at this point? No, but maybe he and Rudolph develop some chemistry. I'm also thinking he could be trade bait. The deal also clears up a few roster spots. It's fine.

I also add Latavius Murray as news of Kamaras injury hits, I add Prater with Slye on bye and I drop Hollywood for Pettis as he heads into a matchup with the lowly Redskins.

As I head into week 7 I'm faced with another possible plunder dilemma. His best player is Thomas, but I've not got a glut at WR with Evans, Adams, Kupp, Juju & Jones. It would also be my last 2nd round steal, which would take Le'Veon & Fournette off the table in future weeks. Ughh, I'd be in much better shape if I'd taken Jacobs instead of Kupp.

Anyhoo, on we go.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:43 AM   #21
Suicane75
Coordinator

Thumbs up

WEEK 7

Things did not start off great on Thursday night as I watched Mahomes go down, ending his night with only 9 points and putting my QB spot in flux for what appeared to be a number of weeks. To compound things, McCoy had a pedestrian 8 point performance. Not what I was hoping for.

Things got worse during the early slate on Sunday as I benched Marvin Jones and his FOUR touchdowns, for Dante Pettis and his ZERO points. Then watched as DJ put up a goose egg of his own. OOof.

Then his Waller (28), Thomas (17), Gurley, Woods & Julio combined for 63 points.

My saving grace was that Matt Ryan had a bad day, scoring only 3 points. I keep lucking out, honestly.

His Walton & Golladay managed only 10 combined points while I saw Cook score 27 and fill in Murray net 30 points. Hooper added another 12 and Kupp 8.

My D came through once more as the Cowboys outscored the Bears 18-7 to seal a 121-108 win. I feel like I keep winning in spite of myself.

So who do I take? Ughhh. I wanted Thomas, but I ended up taking Chubb.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:39 PM   #22
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
WEEK 6

Besides sitting CMC, my opponent also had Josh Jacobs on bye. I had Gore & Hollywood on bye so that's a win for me as they're fringe starts for me at this point anyway. The projection still only had me as a 6 point favorite.

He probably regretted his decision to sit the Darnold/Crowder combo which would have netted him 37 points. Instead he went with Garoppolo/Sanders/Kupp and came away from it just a combined 17 points from his passing game. I rolled with Mahomes (25), Evans (16) & Gallup (7).

The RB battle was fairly even as Cook/Johnson brought me 36 points compared to 39 for his Elliott/Peterson unit.

I obliterated him at TE as Hooper outdid Ertz 22-5.

Jeffrey & DJ Moore in the flex were his bright spots, pickng up 19 & 12, while Andrews & Jones managed just 14 points between them.

I bested him in the kicking game 15-13 while his Redskins 15 outdid my Cowboys 6.

The final score? A 142-119 romp for my Blood Suckers, and a 6-0 record.

Now it was time to decide who to plunder. CMC was protected and Elliott (1st rounder) was off the table. I should have taken Jacobs, and looking back I'm not sure why I didn't. Instead I went with Kupp and regretted it almost instantly.

I know my reasoning was that Adams would likely miss a few more weeks, Hollywood was hurting, and Gallup had been injured and quiet since his strong start, but Jacobs would have been the better choice for sure.

Why in the world would anyone not start CMC?
Old 10-25-2019, 11:42 PM   #23
Suicane75
Coordinator

Because if he lost, I'd take him.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:58 PM   #24
Suicane75
Coordinator

MIDWEEK

I still had a glut, so I once more tried to work out a trade, but once again was getting nowhere. Almost got Thomas with a Juju/McCoy/Kupp offer, but he wanted Evans instead of Juju and I declined.

I went back to the same guy I got Juju from, who also happens to be in last place, and offered him the same deal for Le'Veon. He accepted. So I essentially sent Kupp/Gallup/Andrews/McCoy/Gore for Bell. Not ideal, but it cleared roster space and the likelihood of any of those players coming back to hurt me is very low.

With Mahomes hurt, Winston @ Ten, Dak on bye and Brees doubtfull, I picked up Stafford from the wire as he gets the Giants at home. I also dropped Winston, though I probably should have dropped Dak. See the trend of me regretting things right after I do them? I overthink things way too much. I'll probably end up dumping Dak soon anyway.

I added AJ Brown from the wire as he matches up with TB this weekend, he could be useful. I've also got a claim in for Robby Anderson.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:39 AM   #25
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 8

Yeah, so this was a slaughter. I got 29 from Stafford, 37 from Evans, 26 from Cook, 32 from Murray and 16 from Hooper. Even with nothing days from Jones and Bell I still scored 184 points and won by 45.

The prime candidates for plunder this week are Mack, Henry, Coleman & Engram. I'm at the point where I need to start looking at week 15 & 16 matchups when getting players. I'm 8-0 and barring a major collapse will be getting a bye through the first round.

This is my current roster, with week 15 & 16 opponents.

QB: Mahomes Den, @Chi
QB: Stafford TB, @Den
QB: Brees Ind, @Ten
QB: Prescott LAR, @Phi

RB: Cook @LAC, GB
RB: Murray Ind, @Ten
RB: Johnson Cle, @Sea
RB: Chubb @Ari, Bal
RB: Bell @Bal, Pit

WR: Evans @Det, Hou
WR: Jones TB, @Den
WR: Adams Chi, @Min
WR: Brown Hou, NO
WR: Anderson @Bal, Pit

TE: Hooper @SF, Jax

DE: Eagles @Was, Dal

I know I'm over thinking things, but I'm not in love with a lot of those matchups.

Of my potential steals this week, I'm leaning towards Engram since Hooper is on bye next week and Engrams playoff matchups are much better, he gets Mia & Was. Tantalising. We'll see.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:00 PM   #26
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 9

Stole Engram last week and popped him in my lineup en route to a 137-91 win. Got 30 from both Stafford & Evans to lead the way against the weakest team in the league. Stole Singletary from him.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #27
Suicane75
Coordinator

MIDWEEK

Just traded Bell, Chubb, Jones, Anderson & a 16th rounder next year for Sutton, Lockett & A 4th Rounder next year.

Will be focusing on stealing some RB's in the next 4 weeks. Mixon is my target this week just based on his playoff matchups.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #28
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 10

Well that plan wet awry. I started Brees instead of Mahomes and it cost me as I fell to the worst team in the league, 129-109. Brees and DJ cost me. Now I'm kind of backed into a corner as I've got an injured Hooper, Lockett, DJ & Engram.

I'm still 9-1 with what amounts to a 3 game lead over 2 teams for a bye, but I've pretty much got to steal another player or two before the playoffs.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #29
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 11

I squeaked out a 99-85 win. Had Chubb & Kittle to choose from and went with Kittle based on the fact that a win this week and I can get Fournette, also Hooper and Engram are hurt. Will give me playoff flexability and insurance. The dread of screwing his up increases every week.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:21 AM   #30
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 12

Got a big 124-110 win and was able to get Fournette. Brees, Kittle, Adams & The Eagles were my big scorers. I'll have a bye so outside of a steal this week, I have nothing on the line.

The guy I'm playing this week already has 40 points thanks to Allen & Beasley. I'd like to get the W as it gives me the option of stealing Tyreek or Conner.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:07 AM   #31
Suicane75
Coordinator

WEEK 13

Lost by a smidge thanks to Cooks injury Monday night. Really hurts as I would have grabbed Hill, which would have helped losing Evans.

Got a 1st round bye but the playoffs are gonna be angsty. My team is not as good as it should be, and losing with this advantage is just an abject failure.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #32
Suicane75
Coordinator

Semi-Final Playoff

As would be expected, this is my strongest opponent this year. This is the CMC team, who benched him in our previous meeting to avoid being stolen.

But he also has Zeke, Jacobs & Mostert at RB, Sanders & DJ Moore at WR to go with Ertz at TE. His only weakness this week was Cousins at QB.

So how did it go? Well early on I was able to keep it close with Adams & Lockett scoring TDs to counter CMC, Moore & Ertz. I was behind, but it was still close.

The 4pm games really hurt me though. Cook cost me a week 13 loss by getting hurt. Then he was great last week during my bye, then he gets hurt early today. The worst part is that I would have grabbed Hill in week 13 if I had won, so Cook gives me nothing and costs me Hill who had 2 TDs today. Fournette added close to nothing for me while I watched Elliott have a 30 point game for him. The only saving grace of late afternoon was Kittle for me outscoring Mostert & Sanders for him. Cousins having a below average game also helped.

Heading into Sunday night I was 40 points down with only Singletary & Brees left. My plan was to roll with Mahomey in the playoffs but the KC snow scared me off. I love snow. Singletary on notched me 8 points, which meant I'd need a monster night from Brees.

Final score: 146-144 for me. On to the title game.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:47 PM   #33
Suicane75
Coordinator

Championship

Welp, it had to happen eventually. I got stomped. He had huge days from Thomas & Julio, Woods & Gurley and I had...not much. Singletary, Lockett & Sutton did nothing. Fournette was average and it was just a beatdown.

Would really love to try this again next year.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:24 PM   #34
tarcone
Coordinator

Thanks for posting this dynasty. What a great concept. Fun to watch and run very well by you, obviously. You may get banned by your league.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:50 PM   #35
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Seconded, loved following along. Bummer it ended the way it did, but what a run!
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote