Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2024, 05:09 PM   #1
BP98391
n00b

Inactive Issue

So I have a weird issue. I have been a long time FOF player but brand new to FOF9. I am in preseason and I have an injured player that is out and have tagged him as inactive but the system will not simulate the next game as it it sees him as active. I have even changed the AI settings to allow for small roster changes but no luck.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong!

BP98391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 10:40 AM   #2
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP98391 View Post
So I have a weird issue. I have been a long time FOF player but brand new to FOF9. I am in preseason and I have an injured player that is out and have tagged him as inactive but the system will not simulate the next game as it it sees him as active. I have even changed the AI settings to allow for small roster changes but no luck.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong!

Can you provide some screenshots?
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 01:02 PM   #3
BP98391
n00b

It asks me for a URL for the screen shot...feeling dumb here!
Old 04-22-2024, 07:14 PM   #4
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP98391 View Post
It asks me for a URL for the screen shot...feeling dumb here!

Upload the pic(s) here: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Then copy/paste the image url (right click, copy image address) using the Insert Image button.

For Imgur images, you want to use this link:

https://i.imgur.com/wZ1JIXH.jpeg

Not this:

The Man, The Myth... - Album on Imgur
Old 04-27-2024, 02:09 PM   #5
BP98391
n00b

Let's see if this works

https://imgur.com/a/UIplAqR

Last edited by BP98391 : 04-27-2024 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2024, 02:19 PM   #6
BP98391
n00b

I'm sure that I am just missing something but no idea what!
Old 04-27-2024, 06:19 PM   #7
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think when a player goes inactive, it doesn't remove him from the depth chart. Check your depth charts to see if he's still on it or if there are blanks (I think that once the game has tried to sim, it makes them blank). Don't forget to check to the return men, especially for RBs like that!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 08:07 PM   #8
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I think when a player goes inactive, it doesn't remove him from the depth chart. Check your depth charts to see if he's still on it or if there are blanks (I think that once the game has tried to sim, it makes them blank). Don't forget to check to the return men, especially for RBs like that!

This. He's likely hidden somewhere on a depth chart.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:11 AM   #9
BP98391
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

Sure enough...even though he was inactive in his profile he was active in one of the depth charts. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2024, 02:07 PM   #10
AlexB
Pro Starter

Agin, although feel like , it makes much more sense to me to rank as many of your players as for positions (C, G, T, outside WR, slot, IOL, EDGE, ILB, CB, S) and then let the game autofill depth charts taking into account injuties, freshness, etc

That way you can work with Jim’s preference of personnel packages, but have a global setting that doesn’t need multiple micromanaging tweaks every week, unless young players develop quickly (which again only takes a couple of clicks to adjust)
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 07:37 PM   #11
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Agin, although feel like , it makes much more sense to me to rank as many of your players as for positions (C, G, T, outside WR, slot, IOL, EDGE, ILB, CB, S) and then let the game autofill depth charts taking into account injuties, freshness, etc

That way you can work with Jim’s preference of personnel packages, but have a global setting that doesn’t need multiple micromanaging tweaks every week, unless young players develop quickly (which again only takes a couple of clicks to adjust)

Really, the game should remove the inactive players from the depth chart. It's incredibly strange that it doesn't automatically do that.

Perhaps Jim thinks it's more confusing for folks to make players inactive in one screen and have them disappear in the depth chart.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:30 PM   #12
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I guess I've liked it, for times when I make someone inactive, then change my mind -- I like that he doesn't get removed from my depth chart in a case like that. And you need to go to the depth chart to put someone in either way. It is a little annoying to have to look for the dude you just took off the active roster. Maybe make him bold or italics or something on the depth chart if he's inactive?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote