Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

God save the Queen - A EU 3 Dynasty

I picked EU 3 complete and after messing around a bit discovered it is a fairly fast moving game that is fairly immersive as well. I am going to do a dynasty as I make my way through the game for the first time, no fancy screen shots, just a quarterly timeline by date and type of event. Like I said I was impressed at how quick it goes and it will be a nice change of pace going between this and my TCY/FOF dynasty.

I am playing as England, starting January 1st, 1600. England is a complete Monarchy and here is current brain trust. As mentioned, updates will be in a quarterly format and include a financial/political summary at the end.

Ruler
Queen Elizabeth I – Administration 9, Diplomacy 9, Military 8
Advisors
William Shakespeare – Stability investments + 18
Sir Francis Bacon – Yearly Prestige (Country) + 2.5%
Robert Cecil – Spy efficiency +8.0%

Below are the event types and what will be included under each.

State News
Leadership Changes, Advisory appointments, Structural changes, Stability, Deaths, World events etc

Diplomatic
All diplomatic interaction with other Countries (Agreements, Marriage, War declaration, etc)

Military
Wars, Rebellions, Troop recruitment, Appointment of Generals/Admirals, etc

Economic
Trade, Loans, Treasury overview, Misc income, Spoils of war

Religious
Missionary work, Religious law, Conversions, etc

Espionage
All actions carried out by spies for and against England

Judicial
Laws, Declarations, Enforcements, etc

Development
Buildings, Discoveries, Technological advances, Inventions, etc

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-01-2009 at 08:33 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:03 AM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

1st quarter 1600

I begin my reign as 1600 dawns in the middle of the Anglo-Spanish war with Spain.

January 1st – Development
I begin construction on an Embassy in Cumbria and a Customs house In Yorkshire (+5.00% local tax)

January 1st – Judicial
I institute a Bureaucracy much to the chagrin of the populace and the planned tax gain is offset by a stability drop which will actually lower tax revenue and growth. I also install a provincial court in Cornwall (-1.00 local revolt risk) Finally I increase Serfdom 1 click which leads to a revolt in Cumbria. I dispatch the royal army to quell the uprising

January 2nd – State News
I receive a mission to Vassalise Scotland. I will take a diplomatic approach to this as I do not want a second front on my own soil with Cumbria in revolt and the war with Spain in full swing.

January 4th – State News
I appoint William Cavendish (4-4-5) to lead the royal Navy and Walter Raleigh (4-4-0-5) to lead the Royal Army, now referred to as the Royal Kings guard.

*Note Land Commander rankings in parenthesis are from left (Fire, Shock, Siege, Maneuver) Sea Commanders from left (Fire, Shock, Maneuver)

January 5th - Military
I commission the 6000 Maurician infantry to be raised in Yorkshire – These will be placed under the command of Robert Devereux (4-4-0-5)

January 15th – Diplomatic
I send a gift of 18.58 Ducats to Scotland – Relations are improved by 37.

January 15th - Economic
I open 2 Merchant routes with France and send 1 Merchant to Holland, but there are no empty slots so I will try and compete one away. Things look good as I have an 85.9% chance to do so. I send my final Merchant to Portugal where he assumes one of 8 free slots.

January 27th - Religious
England Passes the Test Act. All Military and Civil Officers must now be a member of the State Church.

January 28th – State News
I appoint Matthew Suffolk (0-1-0-0) as a new General. He will remain in reserve until needed

January 29th - Diplomatic
Our Colony in St Lucia is approached by Natives. We strike a trade agreement with them. (+1 to tax base in St Lucia)

January 29th - Economic
I receive news that we have successfully procured a trade slot in Holland, ousting a merchant from Mainz in the process.

February 6th - Diplomatic
Portugal accepts a Trade agreement with us. We will no longer compete with their Merchants. A move to solidify our strongest alliance.

February 9th - Judicial
Licensing of the Press act is passed. (+ 1 Serfdom, +1 narrow-minded gain. Stability cost -6%, Reputation limit -3.00)

February 21st through February 22nd – Military - Cumbria uprising
The Royal Kings Guard arrives in Cumbria and dispels the uprising in short order, decimating the 3000 strong rebel force, leaving no survivors. We only lose 157 Maurician Infantry.

February 28 through March 8th – Military - Battle of the Irish Sea
The Royal Navy encounters a small Spanish force of two Galleons and 2 Frigates engaged with 8 Galleons from the Netherlands. We join our allies and dispatch the Spanish in a pitched battle that stretches over 8 days. We sink all four ships and suffer no losses.

March 6th through present - Military – Uprising in Meath
Revolt occurs in Meath and Rebels lay siege to our Garrison. We must hope our Garrison of 1000 can hold out against their attacking force of 6000. As the siege reaches the end of March I finally dispatch the Navy to pick up forces to alleviate the situation.

March 12th - Diplomatic
We send a request for a royal marriage to Scotland, which they reject. I will ply them with more gifts I suppose.

March 17th - Diplomatic
A Diplomat is dispatched to the Netherlands to proclaim a guarantee of Casus Belli against those that declare war on them.

March 27th – Judicial
I declare a March in Munster, ceding some authority as it is on the verge of rebellion. (-3.00 local revolt risk, Tax modifier -33%, Stability cost – 3.00, Local Manpower – 25.0%, Local Spy defense + 33.0%, Local Defensiveness +100.0%)

Quarterly Financial Report
Current Balance: 3.7 Ducats
Monthly Income: 52.1 Ducats
Monthly Expenditure: 55.7 Ducats
Monthly Cash flow: -3.68 Ducats
Projected Year end income: 167.10 Ducats
Projected Year end net gain/loss: 122.90 Ducats
Inflation: 0.0

Quarterly Political Report
Enemies
Spain (At War, Trade Embargo)
Allies
Netherlands
Portugal
Conflict History
Anglo-Spanish war (England/Spain) January 1st 1600 through The present
Old 01-01-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

2nd Quarter 1600

April 2nd - Diplomacy
Message received from Leinster that they will allow us Military access. This is good news as this province separates Munster from Meath.

April 11th through May 15th – Military - Battle of St Georges Channel
Our 10 ship transport squadron under the command of Charles Howard, on it’s way to the Irish sea to ferry troops to the siege in Meath is intercepted by 4 Spanish Galleons. Five Spanish Flytes join the battle on April 28th. Cavendish arrives on May 9th, just as Howard is on the verge of losing 3 ships. The tides turns immediately as we sink 8 Spanish ships and capture a Galleon. Despite no losses on our side, we are beat up and battle weary and head for port, victorious.

April 11th through May 1st – Military - Battle of the Western approaches
Almost simultaneously to the transport squadron the Royal Navy (12 Galleons and 9 Frigates) encounters a Spanish fleet of 4 Galleons and 8 Galleass in the Western approaches while on patrol. In a grueling 20 day battle we defeat the Spaniard who receive reinforcements mid battle, sinking 14 ships and capturing 2, with no losses of our own. Cavendish now makes a beeline for St Georges Channel to rescue Howard.

April 12th – Kingdom News
The Holy Roman Empire has elected Christian Wilhelm I of Magdeburg as their new Emperor.

April 18th – Kingdom News
The Pope calls for a crusade against the Ottoman Empire – I don’t really have time for this one at the moment.

April 27th – Judicial
I promote a land enclosure in our colony of St Lucia. (+1.00 chance of local revolt, +10.0% local tax)

April 30th – Economical
We take a loan of 271 Ducats, against my better judgment.

May 11th through June 18th – Military – Battle of Cornwall
While our Navy is occupied a Spanish expeditionary force of 5000 men land and lay siege to Cornwall. Meath now takes a back seat and I dispatch the Royal Kings Guard to assist. Spanish morale plummets immediately as the waiting transport ships are attacked by Portugal. Our fort holds out against the siege until Walter Raleigh and his 17000 troops arrive on June 16th. Two days later it is over as we crush the invaders. Raleigh’s forces suffer 623 casualties, while the Spaniards lose all 5000 men in the slaughter.

May 24th – Espionage
I dispatch a Spy to Galicia Spain to incite a revolt. He succeeds, but is subsequently captured and executed.

May 24th – Development
I break ground on a Customs House in Lancashire. (+5.00% local tax)

May 24th – Judicial
I install a Provincial court system in Glamorgan. (1.00 Local revolt risk)

June 4th through June 10th – Military – 2nd Battle of St Georges Channel
As we attempt to recover in port, Spain sends a contingent of 1 Galleon and 3 frigates to harass us. Cavendish’s Royal Navy is dispatched 23 ships strong and dismantles them, sinking 3 and capturing 1. Spanish ships are nearby in Lands end off the coast of Cornwall so Cavendish stands ready.

June 21st – Religious
I grant support of religious minorities in Kent which is a reformist County. (-1.00 Local revolt risk, - 5.0% Local Taxes)

Current Balance: 130.4 Ducats
Monthly Income: 45.8 Ducats
Monthly Expenditure: 53.9 Ducats
Monthly Cash flow: -7.90 Ducats
Projected Year end income: 125.84 Ducats
Projected Year end net gain/loss: 31.08 Ducats
Inflation: 0.1

Quarterly Relations Report
Enemies
Spain (At War, Trade Embargo)
Allies
Netherlands
Portugal
Conflict History
Anglo-Spanish war (England/Spain) January 1st 1600 through The present
Old 01-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

3rd Quarter - 1600

July 1st – Development
We begin construction on a Customs House in Cornwall (+5.0% Local Taxes)

July 1st – Judicial
I establish a March in Meath and cede some power locally (Decentralization gain 1, Local revolt risk -3.00, Local Taxes -33.0%, Stability cost -3.00, Local Manpower -25.0%, Local Spy defense +33.%, Local Defensiveness +100.0%)

July 10th through July 17th – Military – 3rd Battle of St Georges Channel
This area is turning into a hot spot as our transport squadron, ferrying soldiers to lift the siege in Meath is attacked by a Spanish Galleon and 3 Frigates. William Cavendish and the Royal Navy join the fray on July 13th. The battle is over 4 days later with all 4 Spanish Ships resting on the bottom of the Channel.

July 19th – Diplomatic
I send another gift of 18.58 Ducats to Scotland improving relations by 26.00. They still feel threatened by us, but our overall relation is now 173, which makes the odds high they will now accept an alliance.

July 20th through July 26th – Military – Battle of Lands end
On its way back to port the Royal Navy encounters the Spanish 11th Navy off the coast of Cornwall. Cavendish with 12 Galleons and 9 Frigates makes short work of the enemy who has 3 Galleons and 1 Galleass in 6 days, capturing 1 ship and sinking 3. Our strategy of swarm defense, while staying close to home has damaged Spain, but they still have the largest Navy in the world, over 3 times the size of ours.

July 28th through August 1st – Military – Meath Rebellion
The 1st Highlanders Brigade arrive in Meath under the command of John Smith to do battle with a rebel force nearly equal in size. Through superior command and training we crush the rebellion in 3 days, inflicting 3550 casualties, while suffering only 734 of our own. I will leave the Highlanders here to shore up security on the Emerald Isles.

July 30th through August 20th – Military – Battle of the English Channel
Before he can enter port at Cornwall, Cavendish is dispatched to the English Channel to deal with Spain’s Escadra de Rio De La Plata, a armada of 17 Flytes, possibly loaded with Troops. Our superior fire power prevails in a long drawn out battle as we sink 11 and capture 6 ships. Again, we are fortunate to escape with afloat, though 7 are severely damaged and in dire need of repair. We immediately set for port in Wessex.

August 16th – Military
I add 3 Galleons to the Royal transport squadron for added protection, they now have 4 Galleons total (San Gabriel, Charles, Suffolk and Great Bask)

August 16th – Religious
I send a Missionary to the Catholic province of Gwynedd to work on converting the population to Protestant.

August 22nd – Kingdom News
I appoint the inexperienced General Matthew Suffolk (0-1-0-0) as commander of the newly formed 7th Cornish Spurs Brigade.

September 1st – Kingdom News
I receive good news that our realms stability has increased to -2. Our Prestige currently rests at 22.30.

September 2nd – Diplomatic
Scotland accepts a Military alliance with us. A huge step towards vassalisation and unification of the British Isles.

September 6th through October 5th – Military – Rebellion in Lancashire
Catholic Zealots have begun a siege of our fort in Lancashire. I dispatch the 1st Yorkshire regiment under the command of Robert Devereux to quell the uprising. He arrives on September 26th and is faced with an enemy that outnumbers his nearly 2 to 1. Devereux’s men fight supremely against the poorly trained zealots led by Cosimo Raguse and extinguish the threat in just over a week of their arrival. Our Casualties 329, Rebels lose 2631 before they break and disperse.

Current Balance: 19 Ducats
Monthly Income: 53.0 Ducats
Monthly Expenditure: 61.4 Ducats
Monthly Cash flow: -8.4 Ducats
Projected Year end income: 183.87
Projected Year end net gain/loss: 85.59

Quarterly Political Report
Prestige – 23.30
Manpower – 3,890
Stability - -2
Current Mission – Vassalise Scotland
Enemies
Spain (Casus Belli, Embargo)
Allies
Netherlands (Alliance, Guarantee)
Portugal (Alliance, Trade agreement)
Scotland (Alliance)
Denmark (Royal Marriage)
Conflict History

Anglo-Spanish War (England/Spain) January 1600 to Present
Old 01-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

4th Quarter 1600

October 6th – Economic
I send a Merchant to Venice, they have 8 free slots and could be a solid money maker.

October 7th – Military
There is a 14.4% chance of a religious revolt in Gwynedd, so I dispatch the Royal Kings guard to neighboring Marches.

October 7th – Diplomatic
France declares a trade embargo, which is very disturbing, we lose almost 48 ducats annually from the 2 Merchants there and it only shows a portent of more serious things to come in my eyes.

October 22nd through November 14th - Military – Rebellion in Lincoln
Raguse has taken his band of catholic zealots and laid siege to our fortress in Lincoln. Devereux is hot on his tail. He arrives on November 10th and four days later defeats the zealots again. The 1st Yorkshire suffers 437 casualties, Raguse’s force suffers 787 before once again fleeing.

November 1st – Econmic
We are forced to take a loan of 286 Ducats, this give us two outstanding loans and with the trade embargo by France, may force me to flood the market with currency, with would raise inflation.

November 2nd – Diplomatic
I send a Diplomat to Portugal to request Military access, which will allow me to start guerilla style raids against Spain. They accept on November 10th, knowing full well this helps them too.

November 10th – Military
I dispatch the Royal Transport Fleet, loaded with the 1st Highlander Brigade to Galicia in Portugal. I also send out the Royal Navy as there is a Spanish fleet in the Coast of Brittany that could pose a problem.

November 15th through December 8th – Military – Battle of Brittany Coast
Spain is caught with 17 transport ships by a combined force of William Cavendish’s Royal Navy (29 strong) and a single Portuguese flyte. The Spanish are slippery, but we eventually surround them, sinking 16 and capturing 1. Cavendish now heads back to Wessex. As they enter the English Channel on December 12th they catch 2 Spanish Flytes sinking 1 immediately and capturing the other when it surrenders.

November 27th through December 19th – Military – Rebellion in Oxfordshire
Raguse’s zealots move to Oxfordshire to assault the Fort there, we are tightening the noose as we chase them towards the coast, Devereux’s Yorkshire Brigade is right behind them. The Yorkshire Brigade catches up to the Zealots on December 6th and a fortnight later have defeated his army for a third time. This time we lose 223 Men and Raguse loses 1212. It appears that we have at last eradicated the threat.

December 2nd through February 16th 1601 – Military – Battle of Galicia
John Smiths Highlanders make shore in Galicia, now a Spanish province. Currently 6000 strong, we lay siege to the fort manned by 1000 Spaniards. The Transport Fleet heads home, catching and sinking a single Spanish Flyte in the Western approaches on December 10th. With their food running low I order an assault on the Fort on January 5th. I am unable to the Castle and as siege runs into February reinforcements arrive in the shape of 12000 Spaniards led by Leopoldo Cagigal de la Vega. We are overwhelmed and defeated losing our entire force, while only inflicting 773 casualties on de la Vega and another 669 on the Garrison. A devastating defeat.

December 20th through January 12th 1601 – Military – 2nd Battle of Lands End
Our Royal Transport Fleet encounters 6 Spanish transports on their way home. The battle rages into the new year as we finally defeat our pesky rival after sinking 5 ships and capturing 1. Again our fleet remains intact and docks at Cornwall.

Year end Financial Report
Current Balance: 392 Ducats
Monthly Income: 50.2 Ducats
Monthly Expenditure: 63.0 Ducats
Monthly Cash flow: -12.9 Ducats
Year end income: 179.35
Year end net gain/loss: 29.80

I crank the Mint up just enough to get the monthly deficit to 12.0 Ducats, which shouldn’t effect inflation too much.

Year end Political Report
Prestige – 29.50
Manpower – 1,552 (Lots of reinforcements needed that last quarter)
Stability - -2
Military
Discipline – 109.00%
Army tradition – 3.10%
Navy tradition – 21.90%
Devereux and Cavendish are considered among the finest leaders in the World
Current Mission – Vassalise Scotland
Enemies
Spain (At War, Casus Belli us and them, Embargo us and them)
France (Embargo them, Casus Belli us)
Allies
Netherlands (Alliance, Guarantee)
Portugal (Alliance, Trade agreement)
Scotland (Alliance)
Denmark (Royal Marriage)
Conflict History
Anglo-Spanish War (England/Spain) January 1600 to Present

Three things really put us in some hardship this quarter, the rampaging Catholic zealots, while easily defeated in each battle took up far too much of my attention chasing them across three Provinces for the better part of 4 months. The unexpected trade embargo against me by France is potentially crippling to my economy. To top it off we lose a top flight detachment on the shores of Spain, when I should have withdrawn to Portugal to rest and replenish instead of allowing thins to drag out so long. Because of these events we head into 1601 with a lot of uncertainty.