Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-27-2022, 11:05 AM   #2101
QuikSand
lolzcat

This whole absurd business of "no way to stop nutcases with guns coming to schools to shoot up kids, so we'll do THIS instead" smacks of these stories where someplace is overrun with rats so they decide to bring in a bunch of bobcats or something to eat the rats... and then bobcats take over and start eating babies and such.

It's like a dumb horror film, you can see the terrible decision taking shape, everyone agrees it's terrible, and... there they go.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:21 AM   #2102
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Our kids' elementary school had one main entrance which was on a buzzer system, but there were a number of doors out (gym, cafeteria, etc.). Our HS had more doors in but they were typically locked (or on card access).

Of course the elementary school was also overcrowded and had a number of mobile classrooms outside of the school...

My daughter’s school is set up like that. It’s right next to the police station also. But if somebody wanted to get in, all they have to do is shoot out some windows or something. I’m pretty confident there would be a police response within 1 to 2 minutes, but given the Dayton thing, 20 kids could die in that amount of time.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:46 PM   #2103
cuervo72
Head Coach

I mean, the reality is that if you have such a gun and have the will and no qualms about being caught or killed, you can shoot a lot of people. It's not that difficult. Schools just happen to be popular targets because that's where most of these shooters spent a lot of time.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:05 PM   #2104
BYU 14
Coordinator

This is not getting any better for local law enforcement in Uvalde

Border Patrol Tactical Team Was Ordered to Hold Back Before Confronting the Gunman
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:08 PM   #2105
JPhillips
General Manager

If they really thought no one was living in the classroom(which is dubious given the sounds of gunfire) what was the plan? We're they going to starve him out? It would seem like a believe that there was only the shooter would provide you greater impulse to storm the room.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:19 PM   #2106
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
If they really thought no one was living in the classroom(which is dubious given the sounds of gunfire) what was the plan? We're they going to starve him out? It would seem like a believe that there was only the shooter would provide you greater impulse to storm the room.

They're lying. There were countless calls from kids in the school to 911 begging for help. A witness says a child was killed when the police called out asking if anyone needed help. We know that one child died later at the hospital which means they were alive in the classroom.

Cops are blaming "cyber gaming" for the shooting.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:46 PM   #2107
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 05-27-2022, 01:54 PM   #2108
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Even my hardcore gun-loving, cop apologist former BIL on Facebook is saying the police really screwed the pooch on this one. There really isn't a satisfying defense for their actions here. Reports are saying the even tried to stop Border Patrol from going in. I mean, WTF?

Last edited by GrantDawg : 05-27-2022 at 01:54 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:59 PM   #2109
RainMaker
General Manager

If only someone could have told them kids were alive in the classroom.

Old 05-27-2022, 02:06 PM   #2110
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Even my hardcore gun-loving, cop apologist former BIL on Facebook is saying the police really screwed the pooch on this one. There really isn't a satisfying defense for their actions here. Reports are saying the even tried to stop Border Patrol from going in. I mean, WTF?
Haven't been in OT for a while, but just popping in to emphasize a comment my wife made yesterday morning, that this is all headed toward the following from Fox News and it will be the primary right-wing talking point fairly soon:

"The bottom line is that Officers Jose Gonzalez and Carlos Flores did not follow protocol, and Vice Principal Isabella Garcia was supposed to check the doors while this murderer was outside for 12 minutes, and she failed at her duty as well. That's why these kids are dead."

(And oh YES, they will say their names pretty much every time, assuming they are Latino-sounding.)
Old 05-27-2022, 02:41 PM   #2111
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Sounds about right, Ben.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 04:33 PM   #2112
BYU 14
Coordinator

So I finally had a chance to talk to my son in law enforcement this morning (He is in Italy and ahead 8 hours, so it took a while to catch up)

Coincidentally he also conducted an active shooter drill just last week where he is at and the protocol he gave me pretty much matches what the Texas Director of Public Safety is saying now.

In that situation, you don't wait to establish perimeter and access points, you identify where the threat is, then go in and neutralize that threat....immediately.

The obvious thing here is how woefully unprepared for this situation this police force was. In addition to their own incompetence, they made the Border Patrol tactical unit stand down, and local police had authority in that scenario, unless the tactical team was local department SWAT, in which case they can decide to go in or not. (Also curious local SWAT was not on scene when the Border Patrol team got there, though they may not have had an official SWAT team.)

He assumed, which is also along my lines of thinking, that they have likely never practiced this situation. It is a small town 15 K population, with little violent crime, an aging, complacent police force and commanders woefully lacking in tactical training/experience.

It was a perfect recipe for disaster and they will rightfully (hopefully) be held to high accountability for this, as there is never an excuse to botch a situation of this magnitude so badly.

More importantly, since our politicians are, as usual, going to do jack shit about this, is I hope departments across the country take note of this and allocate resources to preparing for and drilling this scenario. Because, we know this will not be the last time.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-27-2022 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2022, 04:55 PM   #2113
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I watched the local cop give a news brief about how they didn't have such and such complete so didn't go in....i'm like WTF....just go all bruce willis and take him out? You got a vest? GO!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 05:41 PM   #2114
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
So I finally had a chance to talk to my son in law enforcement this morning (He is in Italy and ahead 8 hours, so it took a while to catch up)

Coincidentally he also conducted an active shooter drill just last week where he is at and the protocol he gave me pretty much matches what the Texas Director of Public Safety is saying now.

In that situation, you don't wait to establish perimeter and access points, you identify where the threat is, then go in and neutralize that threat....immediately.

The obvious thing here is how woefully unprepared for this situation this police force was. In addition to their own incompetence, they made the Border Patrol tactical unit stand down, and local police had authority in that scenario, unless the tactical team was local department SWAT, in which case they can decide to go in or not. (Also curious local SWAT was not on scene when the Border Patrol team got there, though they may not have had an official SWAT team.)

He assumed, which is also along my lines of thinking, that they have likely never practiced this situation. It is a small town 15 K population, with little violent crime, an aging, complacent police force and commanders woefully lacking in tactical training/experience.

It was a perfect recipe for disaster and they will rightfully (hopefully) be held to high accountability for this, as there is never an excuse to botch a situation of this magnitude so badly.

It is a small town but they did have a SWAT team with all the fancy equipment and gear. They also had extensive training in active shooters, including at schools. In fact, they had toured that exact school just 2 months ago during training. Their budget was the largest percent of the municipal budget.

The school district had also doubled their security spending over the past 4 years. This included full-time armed resource officers who no one can figure out where they were during the shooting (the Police said they didn't have that information).

Here is the SWAT team cosplaying with their weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
More importantly, since our politicians are, as usual, going to do jack shit about this, is I hope departments across the country take note of this and allocate resources to preparing for and drilling this scenario. Because, we know this will not be the last time.

Resources were allocated and preparations were made.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:51 PM   #2115
BYU 14
Coordinator

Well, what you add only makes it more egregious then, though to be fair there is a difference in practical tactical training and play acting scenarios. Who knows what these guys were doing, because it certainly didn't lead to the desired mitigation here.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:54 PM   #2116
PilotMan
Head Coach

They would have been in there in a heartbeat if it was a 'black' man or an 'illegal'. No fucking questions asked. I'm with Cube on this one.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:00 PM   #2117
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

At every turn, this gets even worse.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:09 PM   #2118
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
(And oh YES, they will say their names pretty much every time, assuming they are Latino-sounding.)

Not just the cops, the victims. Trump made sure to read off their names. You know the reason. And then he danced at the end of his speech.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:26 PM   #2119
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
the primary right-wing talking point

I think you mean "official Republican."
Old 05-27-2022, 10:31 PM   #2120
Atocep
Coordinator

This is the border patrol agent that stopped the shooter. He was part of the group that broke orders from the local police and broke off from evacuating kids to take the shooter out.

Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 07:48 AM   #2121
QuikSand
lolzcat

Really tough read...

I guess it's just going to reinforce pre-existing beliefs, though. If you're for gun control, you see this as a damning indictment of the "good guys with guns" argument. And if you're against gun control, I suppose you'll find this to be evidence that we need more GGWG, more training for GGWG, fewer doors, or other such things... that Uvalde was a unique failure, not a real indictment of our overall approach to guns and school security.
Old 05-28-2022, 07:53 AM   #2122
QuikSand
lolzcat

Yeah, that leads me to my latest gripe with this... with so much focus on the cops not going in to get the bad guy, we might end up with a collective sense that that was the real takeaway from Uvalde... that police might fail in the critical moment, despite weapons and training.

No, the real takeaway was that on his 18th birthday, a walking red flag of a kid was able to buy two unbelievably overpowered weapons of war and literally thousands of rounds of ammunition without anyone knowing about it, immediately making his poorly formed, idle pre-18 plans to do something awful suddenly very realistic and obtainable.

If in this country that kid had to go through extensive training, background checking, and so forth to obtain a simple handgun or rifle, of the sort one might want to help defend one's home or to hunt for sport... there is simply no chance that he "finds a way" to commit the atrocity he did, on the scale he did. Another obscene talking point from the bought and paid for 2A defenders.

Last edited by QuikSand : 05-28-2022 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-28-2022, 08:17 AM   #2123
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Yeah, that leads me to my latest gripe with this... with so much focus on the cops not going in to get the bad guy, we might end up with a collective sense that that was the real takeaway from Uvalde... that police might fail in the critical moment, despite weapons and training.

No, the real takeaway was that on his 18th birthday, a walking red flag of a kid was able to buy two unbelievably overpowered weapons of war and literally thousands of rounds of ammunition without anyone knowing about it, immediately making his poorly formed, idle pre-18 plans to do something awful suddenly very realistic and obtainable.

If in this country that kid had to go through extensive training, background checking, and so forth to obtain a simple handgun or rifle, of the sort one might want to help defend one's home or to hunt for sport... there is simply no chance that he "finds a way" to commit the atrocity he did, on the scale he did. Another obscene talking point from the bought and paid for 2A defenders.

Perfectly stated.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:47 AM   #2124
Ben E Lou

Quote:

To be clear, this was precisely my wife's point--that it would probably be a successful strategy for deflecting the discussion.
Old 05-28-2022, 08:54 AM   #2125
Ben E Lou

Quote:
"The bottom line is that Officers Jose Gonzalez and Carlos Flores did not follow protocol, and Vice Principal Isabella Garcia was supposed to check the doors while this murderer was outside for 12 minutes, and she failed at her duty as well. That's why these kids are dead."
Apparently Hannity had a former Israeli Special Ops guy on his show last night who said that Chief Pedro Arredondo needs to resign.

Uvalde CISD police leadership needs to go, Natsec expert says | Fox News

(I mean, he does, but here we go...)
Old 05-28-2022, 11:13 AM   #2126
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The NRA Country Concert Has Been Canceled Says Performer Jacob Bryant - Rolling Stone
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 12:19 PM   #2127
Austin90
n00b

It's... rather disheartening that we have a thread for school shootings ongoing for 7 years...
Austin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 10:37 PM   #2128
Edward64
Head Coach

Good read.

Two Professors Found What Creates a Mass Shooter. Will Politicians Pay Attention? - POLITICO
Quote:
Peterson and Densley also compiled detailed life histories on 180 shooters, speaking to their spouses, parents, siblings, childhood friends, work colleagues and teachers. As for the gunmen themselves, most don’t survive their carnage, but five who did talked to Peterson and Densely from prison, where they were serving life sentences. The researchers also found several people who planned a mass shooting but changed their mind.

Their findings, also published in the 2021 book, The Violence Project: How to Stop a Mass Shooting Epidemic, reveal striking commonalities among the perpetrators of mass shootings and suggest a data-backed, mental health-based approach could identify and address the next mass shooter before he pulls the trigger — if only politicians are willing to actually engage in finding and funding targeted solutions.
The making of a monster.

Quote:
There’s this really consistent pathway. Early childhood trauma seems to be the foundation, whether violence in the home, sexual assault, parental suicides, extreme bullying. Then you see the build toward hopelessness, despair, isolation, self-loathing, oftentimes rejection from peers. That turns into a really identifiable crisis point where they’re acting differently. Sometimes they have previous suicide attempts.

What’s different from traditional suicide is that the self-hate turns against a group. They start asking themselves, “Whose fault is this?” Is it a racial group or women or a religious group, or is it my classmates? The hate turns outward. There’s also this quest for fame and notoriety.
Not just gun control but also address mental health.

Quote:
POLITICO: So, what are the solutions?

Densley: There are things we can do right now as individuals, like safe storage of firearms or something as simple as checking in with your kid.

Peterson: Then we really need resources at institutions like schools. We need to build teams to investigate when kids are in crisis and then link those kids to mental health services. The problem is that in a lot of places, those services are not there. There’s no community mental health and no school-based mental health. Schools are the ideal setting because it doesn’t require a parent to take you there. A lot of perpetrators are from families where the parents are not particularly proactive about mental health appointments.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 11:04 PM   #2129
tarcone
Coordinator

Ban guns. Create a militia system backed by the federal government that gives people that want to be trained long guns.

They can hunt or just do practice.

Im done

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:07 AM   #2130
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Good read.

Two Professors Found What Creates a Mass Shooter. Will Politicians Pay Attention? - POLITICO

The making of a monster.

Not just gun control but also address mental health.
And absolutely on point. Large resources need to go into mental healt care, especially in the teen years. There should be social workers, therapist, and at least one doctor on staff in every school. Of course, that is never going to happen.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 09:06 AM   #2131
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Preface: I'm Canadian so I don't fully know what your laws are or how they vary federally or by state. Maybe my idea is already in place and does nothing or something. Anyways...

I feel like a good first step might be some kind of graduated licensing system similar to driving. When you turn 18 you can start using a gun with a bunch of restrictions: type of gun, ammo, locations, times, etc. Then as you get older and your record stays clean and maybe you pass a couple of firearms courses you slowly gain additional access. Maybe it take 5-10 years without any infractions before you are given carte blanche. It doesn't prevent citizens from arming and defending themselves, creating militias, or otherwise being allowed to bear arms, it just puts up some reasonable barriers to going from 0 to 6000 rounds of ammo and a machine gun on your 18th birthday.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 09:43 AM   #2132
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Preface: I'm Canadian so I don't fully know what your laws are or how they vary federally or by state. Maybe my idea is already in place and does nothing or something. Anyways...

I feel like a good first step might be some kind of graduated licensing system similar to driving. When you turn 18 you can start using a gun with a bunch of restrictions: type of gun, ammo, locations, times, etc. Then as you get older and your record stays clean and maybe you pass a couple of firearms courses you slowly gain additional access. Maybe it take 5-10 years without any infractions before you are given carte blanche. It doesn't prevent citizens from arming and defending themselves, creating militias, or otherwise being allowed to bear arms, it just puts up some reasonable barriers to going from 0 to 6000 rounds of ammo and a machine gun on your 18th birthday.

nope. Violate ma second amendment rights!! Murica!!!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 09:54 AM   #2133
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post

This makes complete sense. This is the current situation:

This 13-year-old tried to buy porn, lottery tickets, and a gun. Guess which one he got. - Vox
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 10:40 AM   #2134
QuikSand
lolzcat

there's a story making the rounds today from last night - a jackass with an AR-15 started shooting at a group of people at an outdoor party in Charleston WV but was killed by an armed partygoer, before he could kill anyone

look for this to make a super helpful talking point in the days ahead for the forces of "see there's not a real problem with too many nutjobs with assault weapons"

i'm glad nobody was hurt, of course, but am preemptively saddened by how effective this will prove to be

Last edited by QuikSand : 05-29-2022 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-29-2022, 11:00 AM   #2135
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Really tough read...

If I ignored one of our clearly-written SOPs at work in the manner that these cops ignored their clearly-written training, I'd likely be fired and could also be fined and potentially face criminal prosecution.

Quote:

Really, we're asking for nothing more arduous than what kids have to go through to get a driving license. Even less arduous than what we ask teenage girls to go through to obtain an abortion in, say, Texas.
Old 05-29-2022, 01:06 PM   #2136
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post

My pro gun friends tell me this isn't possible and always list off the stuff they have to do in order to legally buy a gun.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 01:58 PM   #2137
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
My pro gun friends tell me this isn't possible and always list off the stuff they have to do in order to legally buy a gun.

It likely varies by state but the loophole is alive and in use in Texas and many other states. The non-licensed gun dealers aren't required to do any kind of background checks or even ask any questions. They may ask for an id but they may not.

I went to one with my FiL and his brother a few years back. It was depressing.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:12 PM   #2138
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

If they go to a licensed gun dealer in their private shop, sure. My last one, consisted of me waiting roughly 20 minutes after filling out the paperwork and showing ID.

Answering an ad for a private gun sale, I was asked on the phone, "you don't have a criminal record right?" Guy then said depending on when I could meet him, he would meet me or send his son, no clue how old his kid was. Didn't get it because he wasn't going to come down much cheaper than a brand new one.

I have never been to a gun show, but from what I have heard, the video showing the kid getting one is pretty much on point.

So, in two of the three 'legal' gun buying options the opportunity exists to get a loophole weapon.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:26 PM   #2139
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
It likely varies by state but the loophole is alive and in use in Texas and many other states. The non-licensed gun dealers aren't required to do any kind of background checks or even ask any questions. They may ask for an id but they may not.

I went to one with my FiL and his brother a few years back. It was depressing.
If a kid is even remotely resourceful, going to a show isn't necessary. Some of y'all are aware of this: a niece of mine committed suicide a few years ago with a gun. She was very liberal politically, as are both of her parents, so it's not like she was running around immersed in knowledge of gun culture and how to get one easily. But when she decided she wanted to end her life, she bought a gun in a private sale through sort of a "craigslist for guns" web site. As best as anyone can tell, from the time she made first contact with the seller until the time she fired the shot was about 3 hours. She was 19, but there's no reason to believe the seller checked her ID or anything like that. I just checked, and the site is still there. Beyond all of the handguns, there are tons of rifles (yes, including AR-15s) and even multiple AK-47s and AK-74s (all the ones I checked claimed to be semiautomatic...maybe for legal reasons???) for sale here right here in Greensboro, and there are listings in all 50 states.

My assumption is that the general public isn't up in arms about sites like this because all of the other methods are so easy that no high-profile killer has gone this route, and therefore it's not all that well-known that you can do this. But it certainly appears to be the easiest way to avoid any sort of checks whatsoever.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 05-29-2022 at 03:26 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 02:34 PM   #2140
HerRealName
College Prospect

Sorry for your loss, that's just awful.

The thing that shocked me the most about the gun show was the people selling guns out of the back of their trucks in the parking lot. You didn't even need to pay the 5 or 10 dollars to go inside, just walk around the parking lot and pretty much everything was available.
Old 05-31-2022, 03:10 PM   #2141
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 05-31-2022, 04:21 PM   #2142
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Among the things they appear to have lied about - blaming a teacher for leaving a door propped open.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 04:40 PM   #2143
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I thought that the law enforcement position was "if you've got nothing to hide, then why aren't you talking?"

Of course, it is pretty clear that they have a hell of a lot to hide, so at least they aren't being inconsistent.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 04:59 PM   #2144
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just a little sidebar: is it getting much play that the school police chief had just been elected to the local city council there? And that now his swearing in ceremony has been at least delayed?

(I saw that in an AP article about the tensions in the town, just wondered if that was widely known or a largely unmentioned)
Old 05-31-2022, 05:32 PM   #2145
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Just a little sidebar: is it getting much play that the school police chief had just been elected to the local city council there? And that now his swearing in ceremony has been at least delayed?

(I saw that in an AP article about the tensions in the town, just wondered if that was widely known or a largely unmentioned)

I had seen that before in an article, (his election) but it was mentioned almost as an afterthought
Old 05-31-2022, 08:11 PM   #2146
QuikSand
lolzcat

STAY PISSED OFF
Old 05-31-2022, 08:19 PM   #2147
RainMaker
General Manager

I did see this. Seems like they felt it would be in poor taste right after the shooting. Although I'm guessing he might want to disappear for a while and might not take the position after all. Seems like they've all lawyered up.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/30/us/uv...ned/index.html
Old 05-31-2022, 08:51 PM   #2148
RainMaker
General Manager

Guess he did get sworn in.

Old 06-01-2022, 12:57 AM   #2149
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

my foggy eyes and foggy brain read the title of this thread as "Yes! Another school shooting."

I really think some people feel that way
Old 06-01-2022, 01:00 AM   #2150
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

this breaks my heart. it's so beautiful