Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-25-2022, 12:12 PM   #651
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
A special meeting of the Georgia Tech Athletic Association board has been called for Monday afternoon, a school spokesman told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Sunday morning.

Supposedly Collins was already told he was out and all team activities were cancelled for today.

TStan will either be fired or reassigned. Key will be interim coach.

Last edited by bob : 09-25-2022 at 12:13 PM.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 12:20 PM   #652
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Supposedly Collins was already told he was out and all team activities were cancelled for today.

TStan will either be fired or reassigned. Key will be interim coach.

I'd have much preferred TStan get this shit right but, alas, that didn't happen.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:26 PM   #653
bob
College Starter

Right. I take no glee in the situation but it’s clear it wasn’t ever gonna work.

I didn’t like his methods or style, but would have much preferred Collins work out. If nothing else, at least he wanted to be here.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:34 PM   #654
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Right. I take no glee in the situation but it’s clear it wasn’t ever gonna work.

I didn’t like his methods or style, but would have much preferred Collins work out. If nothing else, at least he wanted to be here.

Tell you what I wish I knew: I wish I knew whether Key was the interim choice due to his time spent (and presumably lessons learned) at Alabama or if it's more about alum/connections/UCF experience.

Then again, truth be told, I'm almost more worried that the choice of a new AD will be bungled. At this point, that might make the current ills permanent and irreversable.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:38 PM   #655
bob
College Starter

I just assume it’s Key because he was assistant head coach and Long is need to call plays. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t think it really matter because they are all gone come the end of the UGA game.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:39 PM   #656
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa targeted their WRs 2 times last night.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:03 PM   #657
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Does Iowa know you can do this?
Old 09-25-2022, 06:59 PM   #658
bob
College Starter

Collins is officially out.
Old 09-25-2022, 07:01 PM   #659
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone
Iowa targeted their WRs 2 times last night.

Gotta keep that defense honest, ya know?!?

Michigan starts out favored by 9.5, ESPN says 77% chance of a win vs. Iowa. Only a few days left to explain why that's wrong :P
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:20 PM   #660
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Gotta keep that defense honest, ya know?!?

Michigan starts out favored by 9.5, ESPN says 77% chance of a win vs. Iowa. Only a few days left to explain why that's wrong :P

Brian Ferentz has been running vanilla offense since 2018 waiting for this day to unleash Iowa's high octane offense on Michigan.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:36 AM   #661
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
A special meeting of the Georgia Tech Athletic Association board has been called for Monday afternoon, a school spokesman told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Sunday morning.

Sources - Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets fire AD Todd Stansbury, football coach Geoff Collins
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:41 AM   #662
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Please take Barry Odom.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:48 AM   #663
miami_fan
Coordinator

At some point, teams have to stop hiring the Temple head coach two or three years into running the Temple program to run their own program. I'm sorry Stan Drayton. I know it sucks but you might have to be at Temple for 8-10 years before you can make the step up to a bigger program. There is now significant history that suggest that being the HC of Temple is not a predictor of success at other schools.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:10 AM   #664
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Draftkings has Penix at 40-1 to win the Heisman. I doubt he does but that's great value.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 12:07 PM   #665
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Not looking good for OU.

Also, this year is a disaster for Northwestern. Is this the year they make a change at HC or does he have a job for life?

I'm in the camp of Job For Life unless they go back to the pre-Fitzgerald as a player days
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 12:51 PM   #666
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Kansas is 4-0, with consecutive wins over Houston and Duke, and basketball season hasn't even started.

The resume looks pretty but history says this is our last shot at being ranked all season.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:26 PM   #667
HerRealName
College Prospect

The Big 12 won't get any credit in the national media but it's really an awesome, competitive conference. You have to bring it every week, there's no weak teams with the ascendence of Kansas and TCU looking better than expected.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:51 PM   #668
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post
I'm in the camp of Job For Life unless they go back to the pre-Fitzgerald as a player days

I was in the job for life camp but they're really bad now. I think if there aren't some improvements next season, the seat could get hot. It's one thing to be at the bottom of the conference, but losing to MAC and FCS schools should not be happening.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 02:13 PM   #669
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post

Well, the two decades prior were around 2.5 wins a season (with 11 game seasons)

Aside from the Covid year, two of the last three have been 3-9 and this year ain't looking great.
Old 09-26-2022, 02:39 PM   #670
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, the two decades prior were around 2.5 wins a season (with 11 game seasons)

Aside from the Covid year, two of the last three have been 3-9 and this year ain't looking great.

Fitzgerald is their for life. The NW community doesnt care that much for athletics. And Fitz has done some pretty impressive stuff.

Old 09-26-2022, 03:10 PM   #671
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

What do Tech fans think of Bill O'Brien coming back to Atlanta?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:20 PM   #672
bob
College Starter

I've heard his name come up, and its been mixed reactions online. That being said, I've also read that he isn't interested so probably won't matter.

I expect GT to be cheap and hire the current Kennesaw St coach.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:29 AM   #673
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Bill O'Brien - LOL
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 06:48 PM   #674
tarcone
Coordinator

Saw a tik tok today where the person asked for a hot take in CFB. Dude says USC will win a B1G football title before Iowa. Guy stitches in and says Mars will be colonized before Iowa wins a B1G title and KF will still be the coach.

The truth really hurts.

Old 09-27-2022, 07:49 PM   #675
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa has beaten 5 off the last 6 top 5 teams at Kinnick.

Michigan hasnt won since 2005 at Kinnick.

Go Hawks!

Old 09-28-2022, 06:07 PM   #676
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Fitzgerald is their for life. The NW community doesnt care that much for athletics. And Fitz has done some pretty impressive stuff.

There's a lot of money being floated around that athletic department. Built a new basketball arena and training facility. And they just announced this today. The people putting out nearly a billion for a new stadium are not doing it to lose to Southern Illinois.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 06:26 AM   #677
tarcone
Coordinator

The stadium is 12k less capacity, some say to keep out opposing fans.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:27 AM   #678
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
The stadium is 12k less capacity, some say to keep out opposing fans.

Let's have less ticket revenue. That'll show 'em!
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:38 AM   #679
Edward64
Head Coach

Hard to get excited for the Hogs vs Tide game after the big letdown from the Aggie game. I wasn't expecting to beat the Alabama but would have been happy with a good, solid showing.

I'm not convinced the Hogs can do that. Suspect it'll be painful tomorrow, expecting to be taken to the woodshed.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:44 AM   #680
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
There's a lot of money being floated around that athletic department. Built a new basketball arena and training facility. And they just announced this today. The people putting out nearly a billion for a new stadium are not doing it to lose to Southern Illinois.

If they don't want to lose to Southern Illinois, maybe instead of buying a stadium Northwestern should spend $800 million to buy some elite players and/or an elite coaching staff.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:48 AM   #681
Thomkal
Head Coach

Everything else in town cancelled but Coastal just moved its game against GA Southern tomorrow back a few hours
Old 09-30-2022, 04:29 PM   #682
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Hard to know what to expect for the Michigan/Iowa game. On paper, Iowa's best offensive weapon is its veteran secondary. Plus, McCarthy looked a little shaky against a much worse defense last week with Maryland in his first real collegiate start. He'll probably start working the run options in that we've been waiting for, but then you worry about injury and Iowa never gets caught blitzing anyway.

It's too bad the first road game has to be against this Frankenstein combination of playoff-quality defense and FCS-quality offense (and not the good kind with speedy undersized guys who occasionally break off big plays). This game could be 3-3 headed into overtime and I wouldn't be surprised. Iowa won't let Corum go off for 200 yards like he did last week - they'll sit back in their zone and won't get caught out of position. At least Michigan has the advantage of the top kicker in the nation while Iowa's already had to replace theirs. One could always hope of a repeat of last year's Big Ten championship game, but Ferentz has had a long time to think about that and make the necessary adjustments.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:32 PM   #683
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa 14 Michigan 10

Old 09-30-2022, 10:18 PM   #684
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Lol
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:51 PM   #685
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

My favorite fact of the week is this: the most points the Iowa Hawkeyes scored in September was 32.

Not bad really. Until you realize that was done by their baseball team.

Other facts: 22% of Iowa fans think they will beat Michigan (per SBNation). Iowa let Rutgers have the ball enough times that, while they were definitely not as efficient, they gained almost exactly the same amount of yards they averaged against stalwarts Boston College, Wagner, and Temple in their previous three games.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-30-2022 at 11:16 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:18 AM   #686
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:26 AM   #687
JPhillips
General Manager

Looks like an insurmountable lead for UM.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:07 PM   #688
HerRealName
College Prospect

Some rough officiating on the Iowa offense here. That first hold wasn't bad and that clipping is brutal.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:14 PM   #689
HerRealName
College Prospect

There's entirely too many good games on at the same time. TCU is looking good against Oklahoma. I didn't see that coming at all.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:20 PM   #690
HerRealName
College Prospect

Iowa fans may be rioting here in a few minutes.
Old 10-01-2022, 01:04 PM   #691
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

TCU is destroying OU despite getting screwed on 2 calls. One was a PI where an OU safety laid out a WR clearly before the ball arrived. Then when they forced an OU punt a few minutes later, they blew the play dead claiming the punt returner signalled fair catch when he didn't do anything but catch the ball and had a wide open lane for a huge gain. Those officials should sit a week.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 01:06 PM   #692
Atocep
Coordinator

I don't think Venables is a good head coach. He was on WVU's short list when Neal Brown was hired and I wasn't too impressed then and I'm not impressed with him at OU so far.
Old 10-01-2022, 01:09 PM   #693
Atocep
Coordinator

I'm not sold on this Michigan team being a top 5 team, but I'm firm on Iowa not being a good football team. They're a definite bowl team because that BIG division is so terrible, but this team is painful to watch.
Old 10-01-2022, 01:13 PM   #694
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

As poorly as UK has played and the kicking game has been a disaster, I can't believe they've tied this game up.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 01:24 PM   #695
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
As poorly as UK has played and the kicking game has been a disaster, I can't believe they've tied this game up.

Ole Miss 2nd halves haven't been pretty this year
Old 10-01-2022, 01:25 PM   #696
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Tarcone is 100% gonna blame this loss on the female ref.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 01:29 PM   #697
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

"We have swapped the Oklahoma defense with 11 guys we found hanging out in the parking lot. Let's see if anyone notices."
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 01:29 PM   #698
bob
College Starter

Nothing like signing up for Sling and then having them pull ESPN channels the next day without any warning.
Old 10-01-2022, 01:40 PM   #699
bronconick
College Starter

TCU is going to reach 62 before Judge today
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 01:47 PM   #700
HerRealName
College Prospect

Is Bert going to win the West. He's seems like a jerk but a hell of a coach.