Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2023, 09:33 AM   #101
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I love the Blood Bowl series of video games. But boy howdy am I down on recently released Blood Bowl 3.

First off is the usual server problems on a game's pre-release and release

Second, they got rid of a lot of singleplayer stuff because programming a difficult AI is apparently too hard (and to be fair, it is really complicated)

And most egregiously, the customization/monetization is the WORST I've seen.

Unlock most stores, where it features more of an unlock binary "you can't use it"/"You can use it" oin all of your players, spending warpstone (the meta-currency only allows you one copy of the item each time you purchase it.) So, want that helmet on your team's players? You're going to have to be purchasing 11+ copies of that helmet, (nearly $10 in Warpstone costs) and it counts only for that helmet. So, for a customized team, we're talking oh, about $50 or so (head/right and left hand, legs, chest, etcetera)

There's going to be a free and paid "Blood Pass" that will allow you to earn warpstone (at a yet unannounced rate), but man, I've never seen a game this rapacious on trying to nickle and dime you (or in this case, close to $1.50 per single use cosmetic) into spending

No single player stuff? That’s too bad. I’m out.

That being said, the AI in the first two games was terrible.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 09:52 AM   #102
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

its even WORSE than BB2.
Old 02-23-2023, 12:44 PM   #103
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Wow, my gaming group was talking about getting BB3 because we've played in leagues in the previous two versions, but this whole monetization thing is terrible. I don't support games that continually nickel and dime me.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 04:13 PM   #104
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So if you fully customized your BB team, it would cost something like $50 per team (and while they're using it, you can't use those customizations on other team players). That's just using base "Common" customizations.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:36 PM   #105
RainMaker
General Manager

Sons of the Forest is out on PC for Early Access. Priced pretty fair too. Guessing consoles come along later in the year.

Reviews are very good. I loved the first game and it seems like they improved all the mechanics that people liked and got rid of some thing people hated. The AI is supposedly drastically improved. A lot more randomness.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 07:19 PM   #106
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Sons of the Forest is out on PC for Early Access. Priced pretty fair too. Guessing consoles come along later in the year.

Reviews are very good. I loved the first game and it seems like they improved all the mechanics that people liked and got rid of some thing people hated. The AI is supposedly drastically improved. A lot more randomness.

We had a blast with the first game. We’ll probably let this one marinate a bit in early access - as we have a few co-op games in the queue and are still playing Grounded - but we’ll definitely be getting involved.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 02-26-2023, 08:09 AM   #107
Edward64
Head Coach

I've started playing Midnight Suns, just finished Venom fight.

TBH I'm not feeling the love. All the cut scenes is kinda boring and slows (?) down the game.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 03:44 PM   #108
SackAttack
Head Coach

It's not really an action game. I started playing it as a palate cleanser after finishing Persona 5 Royal and, well...lol.

They're decently close cousins to one another. If you don't like games heavy in dialogue and exposition, if you're not a fan of Persona's "hey go hang out fuck around and do random shit outside of the core gameplay" schtick, this isn't gonna be your cup of tea.

If you're looking for something more fast paced with the Marvel brand, there's Marvel's Spider-Man, Miles Morales, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the upcoming Wolverine. Any of those are likely to scratch that itch for you in a way that Midnight Suns just isn't ever gonna. It's not trying to be an action game.

It's a self-insert fanfic with deckbuilder gameplay, and if you approach it for what it is, it's easy to lose hours to it.

Kinda like KOTOR back in the day. Seems like most people thought it was going to be, like, Jedi Knight + RPG, and a lot of people got turned off when it ended up being more of a turn-based (or ATB if you didn't let auto-pause between moves kick in) d20-style RPG. The expectations you bring to the table for what you think it's gonna be are gonna have a lot to say about whether it's enjoyable to you.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 06:52 AM   #109
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by alijen View Post
i play MONSTER HUNTER. it fun

Glad you enjoyed it.

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-01-2023 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-03-2023, 10:43 AM   #110
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I was looking forward to Age of Wonders 4 but then I read this article:

si.com

I've always been a fan of the series. I even still have my cd of the original AoW. However this game isn't being released for two more months and you're already talking expansions and DLC? That is becoming one of my biggest pet peeves in gaming. It makes me feel that just getting the base game is going to be an incomplete experience.

In the end I'll probably just wait a few years until the game and it's DLCs are in some Humble Bundle for $15.
Old 03-03-2023, 01:42 PM   #111
BYU 14
Coordinator

Octopath Traveler II is an absolutely stunning game and I love the combat system. Still very early, just starting the second individual story, and the individual stories are the slower part of the game, but very enjoyable so far.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 01:58 PM   #112
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I was looking forward to Age of Wonders 4 but then I read this article:

si.com

I've always been a fan of the series. I even still have my cd of the original AoW. However this game isn't being released for two more months and you're already talking expansions and DLC? That is becoming one of my biggest pet peeves in gaming. It makes me feel that just getting the base game is going to be an incomplete experience.

In the end I'll probably just wait a few years until the game and it's DLCs are in some Humble Bundle for $15.

Yeah, I really hate this trend too. Also the "if you pay us $30 more for a premium version, you'll get the DLC whenever we decide to release it".

I don't mind paying for an expansion pack if a game is good down the road. But these companies are just releasing stripped down games and nickle and diming you to get the rest.
Old 03-03-2023, 02:02 PM   #113
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Octopath Traveler II is an absolutely stunning game and I love the combat system. Still very early, just starting the second individual story, and the individual stories are the slower part of the game, but very enjoyable so far.

Glad to see the good review, I'll certainly grab it if I ever get around to beating the first one.
Old 03-08-2023, 01:08 PM   #114
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I’ve been wrong before but it does seem there should be more hype as it’s a 1H release. I would not be surprised if it gets pushed but let’s hope not

Yup, a delay.

But Sep 6 doesn't sound too bad.

Quote:
Bethesda Softworks announced a new launch date for upcoming sci-fi RPG Starfield, a massive galaxy-spanning game that builds off The Elder Scrolls’ gameplay and structure. Starfield was originally announced in 2018 and set for a Nov. 11, 2022 launch. That date was later pushed back into the first half of 2023. The new release date for Starfield is Sept. 6.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:14 AM   #115
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Happy MAR10 day to all you Nintendo fans out there.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:52 AM   #116
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Is there any place not named Ebay where I can sell some old video games?
Old 03-25-2023, 03:04 PM   #117
Atocep
Coordinator

Diablo 4 open beta is this weekend. I played the preorder beta last weekend and it's looking solid. The atmosphere is far more Diablo 1 and 2-like. It's dark, it's bleak, and it doesn't have the corny companions repeating dumb lines.

You can play act 1, which obviously isn't going to give you a picture of how the end game will look, but the first act's combat is slower and more tactical than most ARPG/Diablo Clones are now.

The skill trees don't have the overwhelming depth of POE, but they're still much deeper than D3. Kind of like a happy middle ground there in terms of depth.

The open world aspect of game feels well done and the pseudo-MMO nature of the game isn't as bad as I thought it may be. World bosses can spawn that require as large group to kill and there are zone events that are kind of like the open world events from Guild Wars 2 or Warhammer online where the event is there and anyone can jump in, help out, and get rewards when the event's boss is killed. Outside of that you rarely see people outside of towns.

Where blizzard really shines is their combat engines feel great. POE took a long time to get combat to feel good and most ARPGs just can't match Blizzard in terms of making attacks feel weighty, smooth, and like you're actually hitting something and doing damage. Diablo 4 is there on day 1.

There are queues since it's a stress test weekend. They range from shitty (1 hour plus) to not a big deal (10 minutes or less). Overall it's a big step in the right direction and I'm interested to see the rest of the game when it launches.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 03:05 PM   #118
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Is there any place not named Ebay where I can sell some old video games?

GOG is probably the best if you're wanting digital copies of older games that are designed to work on a newer OS.
Old 03-25-2023, 04:18 PM   #119
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
GOG is probably the best if you're wanting digital copies of older games that are designed to work on a newer OS.

I should've been more specific.

I want to sell some of my old physical copies of games.
Old 03-25-2023, 06:37 PM   #120
DirkGildun
n00b

Try Half Price Books if you have a store near you (I don't know if you can sell stuff to them online or not).
DirkGildun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:15 PM   #121
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, May 2nd two games I'm looking forward to:

Age of Wonders 4 (4x, but really like the videos I've seen)
Showgunners (used to be called Homicidal All-Stars) (Tactical X-Com meets Smash TV)

Over/under on number of these games disappointing me is 1.5
Old 03-25-2023, 08:30 PM   #122
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkGildun View Post
Try Half Price Books if you have a store near you (I don't know if you can sell stuff to them online or not).

no. do not at ALL do this. YOu may as well take them to a thrift store.

Take them to a local used game store.

YOu will get the most for it. Period. ANd they always give you more in credit
so you can exchange a lot of old things for new things
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:43 PM   #123
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
So, May 2nd two games I'm looking forward to:

Age of Wonders 4 (4x, but really like the videos I've seen)
Showgunners (used to be called Homicidal All-Stars) (Tactical X-Com meets Smash TV)

Over/under on number of these games disappointing me is 1.5

Both sound great!
Old 03-26-2023, 02:59 AM   #124
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Diablo 4 open beta is this weekend. I played the preorder beta last weekend and it's looking solid. The atmosphere is far more Diablo 1 and 2-like. It's dark, it's bleak, and it doesn't have the corny companions repeating dumb lines.

You can play act 1, which obviously isn't going to give you a picture of how the end game will look, but the first act's combat is slower and more tactical than most ARPG/Diablo Clones are now.

The skill trees don't have the overwhelming depth of POE, but they're still much deeper than D3. Kind of like a happy middle ground there in terms of depth.

The open world aspect of game feels well done and the pseudo-MMO nature of the game isn't as bad as I thought it may be. World bosses can spawn that require as large group to kill and there are zone events that are kind of like the open world events from Guild Wars 2 or Warhammer online where the event is there and anyone can jump in, help out, and get rewards when the event's boss is killed. Outside of that you rarely see people outside of towns.

Where blizzard really shines is their combat engines feel great. POE took a long time to get combat to feel good and most ARPGs just can't match Blizzard in terms of making attacks feel weighty, smooth, and like you're actually hitting something and doing damage. Diablo 4 is there on day 1.

There are queues since it's a stress test weekend. They range from shitty (1 hour plus) to not a big deal (10 minutes or less). Overall it's a big step in the right direction and I'm interested to see the rest of the game when it launches.

I hadn't played Diablo since the first one, but jumped in on the beta, very much enjoying it so far.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 05:04 PM   #125
Flasch186
Coordinator

So I do not want to play OOTP but I want a baseball career sim management fix, which game is the best one for this? Mogul, Puresim, etc?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 07:49 PM   #126
RainMaker
General Manager

Anyone own a Steam Deck? Heard some good things and just wondering if it's worth it. While handheld is a plus, I'd like to hook it up to my TV to play games like Valheim. I'm just too old to play at my PC these days for hours.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:10 PM   #127
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Anyone own a Steam Deck? Heard some good things and just wondering if it's worth it. While handheld is a plus, I'd like to hook it up to my TV to play games like Valheim. I'm just too old to play at my PC these days for hours.

Love it and worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. I don't have a dock to play on TV, but a friend does and that's how he uses it 90% of the time.

If you're playing as a handheld and it's an officially approved game by valve it will automatically apply recommended control settings, but everything is remappable. For one game that was giving me a few problems I remapped the touch pad to act as a mouse and it fixed the issues I was having.

I haven't dabbled in installing anything other than the base OS, but I'm really intrigued by the nintendo emulators and how Breath of the Wild reportedly runs better on Steam Deck than the Switch.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:24 PM   #128
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
So I do not want to play OOTP but I want a baseball career sim management fix, which game is the best one for this? Mogul, Puresim, etc?

I'd say the only choice would be Baseball Mogul at this point. Most of the other baseball games still around are replay games.

As a purely career sim management game, I'd still recommend OOTP though. Baseball Mogul is also good, but as a more casual GM sim.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:27 PM   #129
RainMaker
General Manager

Despite some flaws, I still think OOTP is better than anything else I've tried over the years.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:33 PM   #130
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Love it and worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. I don't have a dock to play on TV, but a friend does and that's how he uses it 90% of the time.

If you're playing as a handheld and it's an officially approved game by valve it will automatically apply recommended control settings, but everything is remappable. For one game that was giving me a few problems I remapped the touch pad to act as a mouse and it fixed the issues I was having.

I haven't dabbled in installing anything other than the base OS, but I'm really intrigued by the nintendo emulators and how Breath of the Wild reportedly runs better on Steam Deck than the Switch.

You sold me. Was just going to ask if emulating is an option. I've been playing a lot of NES games on a Raspberry Pi I setup. Would be cool to make it handheld.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:52 PM   #131
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Casual Gamers should check out Plantera 2
Old 04-29-2023, 08:53 PM   #132
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

WHAT????

How can the steamdeck play a game that isn't on Steam?

Old 04-29-2023, 09:40 PM   #133
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
WHAT????

How can the steamdeck play a game that isn't on Steam?

It's not locked down. You can install windows on it, other gaming platforms like epic, and really do whatever you want with it. Valve has actually encouraged it.
Old 04-30-2023, 09:20 AM   #134
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I have a Deck and love it. I also have a Dock, but I don't use it that often other than as a glorified charging station. Not because it doesn't work (it works great), but just because half the point of the Deck is so I can game on the couch while my wife watches a show or whatever.

I also have EmuDeck installed and have used it to emulate some games. Most of the time I don't get very far into them, though. Most recently I've started playing Fire Emblem Engage.

The only other tweak I've made beyond the base OS is to install CryoUtilities (see announcement video here). It helped me to get Midnight Suns running like a dream despite not being verified.

Speaking of not-verified games, you can check out ProtonDB to see reviews on how any game plays on the deck and what recommended settings people suggest.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 10:59 AM   #135
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I have a Deck and love it. I also have a Dock, but I don't use it that often other than as a glorified charging station. Not because it doesn't work (it works great), but just because half the point of the Deck is so I can game on the couch while my wife watches a show or whatever.

I also have EmuDeck installed and have used it to emulate some games. Most of the time I don't get very far into them, though. Most recently I've started playing Fire Emblem Engage.

The only other tweak I've made beyond the base OS is to install CryoUtilities (see announcement video here). It helped me to get Midnight Suns running like a dream despite not being verified.

Speaking of not-verified games, you can check out ProtonDB to see reviews on how any game plays on the deck and what recommended settings people suggest.

a deck with a dock? MADNESS!
Old 05-10-2023, 08:04 AM   #136
Edward64
Head Coach

A little more news on Starfield.

This has to be a first ... right?

IGN Error 403 - Unavailable (IFW-U02)
Quote:
While we may have to wait until June to get our next big look at Starfield, the game's ESRB rating has appeared online and confirms it will include drugs, in-game purchases, and... jetpack sex.

The ESRB, or Entertainment Software Rating Board, has given Starfield an M for Mature 17+ for "blood, strong language, suggestive themes, use of drugs, and violence." Many of these classifications are pretty standard for an M-rated game, but the rating summary is filled with some very interesting details.
Unfortunately, my guess it's just one of those scripted text replies and no actually functionality.

Quote:
"The game contains some suggestive material in the dialogue, and after sharing a bed with characters (e.g., “Life is a sexually transmitted disease that's a hundred percent fatal”; “I'm all for getting a little wild, but next time let's try it without the jetpacks”; “Talk about seeing stars, whew… that was amazing.”)," the summary reads.
Old 05-12-2023, 08:16 AM   #137
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I feel like the new Zelda could cause explosive diarrhea in gamers and it would still get all 10s from gaming sites.
Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:55 AM   #138
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I feel like the new Zelda could cause explosive diarrhea in gamers and it would still get all 10s from gaming sites.

Man, glad I don't play it then
Old 06-03-2023, 08:51 PM   #139
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm guessing that's it for Midnight Suns and Firaxis will put all their focus on Civ 7.

With the volume of forum activity, mods and hardcore followers, they should really also focus on X-Com DLCs. But pretty sure they're done with X-Com (maybe after Civ 7).

Just a moment...
Quote:
Firaxis Games, the video game studio behind Civilization, has laid off about 30 developers, a source familiar with the studio tells Axios.
:
Firaxis' most recent game, December's tactical super-hero combat adventure Marvel's Midnight Suns, reviewed well but sold poorly.

The CEO of Firaxis' parent company Take Two Interactive, had pinned the weak sales on poor release timing.

In February, Take Two said it was initiating a $50 million "cost reduction program" that would include some layoffs. (Take Two purchased mobile game maker Zynga last year for nearly $13 billion.)

That same month, 2K announced that Midnight Suns creative director Jake Solomon and longtime Firaxis boss Steve Martin were exiting the company, with Heather Hazen promoted into the leadership spot. The studio revealed it was working on a new Civilization game.
Old 06-04-2023, 10:36 AM   #140
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I'm guessing that's it for Midnight Suns and Firaxis will put all their focus on Civ 7.

With the volume of forum activity, mods and hardcore followers, they should really also focus on X-Com DLCs. But pretty sure they're done with X-Com (maybe after Civ 7).

Just a moment...

It's too bad, but I feel like I'm just as guilty as any on the poor sales. This game has been on my list to play since it released and I just haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

My son has it and from what I played with him (helped with a few boss fights) it seemed like a really good game. I just don't have videogame time anymore and when I do sit down and play 80% of that time is playing co-op with my kids.

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-04-2023 at 10:38 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 06:29 PM   #141
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
It's too bad, but I feel like I'm just as guilty as any on the poor sales. This game has been on my list to play since it released and I just haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

My son has it and from what I played with him (helped with a few boss fights) it seemed like a really good game. I just don't have videogame time anymore and when I do sit down and play 80% of that time is playing co-op with my kids.

I just bought it, you can get it for about $24 at Epic Games Store right now.
Old 06-06-2023, 11:39 AM   #142
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From my ever-ongoing quest to get out of Bronze 5 (better than 70% of the players in my division!)..

Have you ever got a game (in QuickPlay) where not only are you outclassed, but so outclassed that the opponent can show off while outclassing you?

That just happened to me.

Doing my Dailies (I main sigma, but can play Moira/Mercy on supports) and the other team had a Doomfist that quite possibly could 1 v 5 my team. I know he 1v2'd vs me (Moira) and our Mercy flawlessly. I thought that this must be how a pinball feels. Just smacked all over the place. But the coup de grace was the end of the game, where he legitimately hit something I thought was impossible.. a 360 no-scope doomfist punch.

Watching the replay, the instant before the Rocket Punch fired, he spun in place.

Needless to say, we lost, but my reaction was straight out of Ron Burgundy "I'm not even upset. That's amazing"

Last edited by SirFozzie : 06-06-2023 at 11:40 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:35 PM   #143
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From my ever-ongoing quest to get out of Bronze 5 (better than 70% of the players in my division!)..

Have you ever got a game (in QuickPlay) where not only are you outclassed, but so outclassed that the opponent can show off while outclassing you?

That just happened to me.

Doing my Dailies (I main sigma, but can play Moira/Mercy on supports) and the other team had a Doomfist that quite possibly could 1 v 5 my team. I know he 1v2'd vs me (Moira) and our Mercy flawlessly. I thought that this must be how a pinball feels. Just smacked all over the place. But the coup de grace was the end of the game, where he legitimately hit something I thought was impossible.. a 360 no-scope doomfist punch.

Watching the replay, the instant before the Rocket Punch fired, he spun in place.

Needless to say, we lost, but my reaction was straight out of Ron Burgundy "I'm not even upset. That's amazing"

I know juuuuust enough about the game to be able to mostly follow what you typed, but my son said "Nothing like finding a smurf lol"
Old 06-06-2023, 01:50 PM   #144
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I know juuuuust enough about the game to be able to mostly follow what you typed, but my son said "Nothing like finding a smurf lol"

Or someone just flat out cheating. I haven’t played the game but 360 no scope headshots aren’t a skill you learn in these types of games.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 02:02 PM   #145
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

well, it's not quite a headshot, doomfist punches are just straightline punches with a charge up beforehand, but yeah, tell your son that it was definitely Smurflicious. So much so, I wanted to ask him where their hidden village was.

And one other OW2 note that more folks here will get because of age: One of the new maps takes place in a mountainside monastery (The Shambali Monastary).

My quip when starting this level is "Let's see who washes away their pain on the road to Shambala, er Shambali" (ie, the Three Dog Night Song lyrics reference).

About 15% of the players in those games get the reference. But then again, See also: "kids, lawn, get off, etcetera"

Last edited by SirFozzie : 06-06-2023 at 03:12 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 02:15 PM   #146
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
well, it's not quite a headshot, doomfist punches are just straightline punches with a charge up beforehand, but yeah, tell your son that it was definitely Smurflicious. So much so, I wanted to ask him where their hidden village was.

Solid.

My hats off to you for being able to play that one at all. I know my limitations, hence never firing it up. I can follow (some) of it strategically but my hand/eye doesn't stand a chance of executing it.
Old 06-06-2023, 03:14 PM   #147
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Mostly, it's positioning and tunnel vision that I have to work on. I've had games where I've been awesome (51 eliminations vs 12 deaths), but it's a matter of learning the sense of.. for lack of a better word, battlesense. Sometimes I get hyperfocused on taking out the tank who's almost dead, when the DPS is pushing on my team's squishies.

Trying to keep an agile mind, but something like, say Total War 3's Domination battles which take part over a large area and you haveto manage movement, army special abilities, and reinforcements is beyond me. So much so that it actually sent me into a brain lock/overload migraine when I tried MP
Old 06-07-2023, 08:10 AM   #148
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I'm enjoying Diablo IV so far. I played III entirely in single player, but I enjoyed some randoms jumping in and helping out with some of those impromptu events.
I did my first dungeon, you get a special upgrade that can be attached to items for completing it. I actually had quite a hard time with my first one, I ended up leaving and levelling up 1-2 more times and it was pretty easy coming back. As a Druid, unlocking the wolves is what made it easier for me.
If you like Diablo, it's definitely still Diablo. Looks great, definitely a lot of fun so far.

Last edited by Mota : 06-07-2023 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-07-2023, 09:13 AM   #149
Radii
Head Coach

Also enjoying D4 a bit. It's not my game really, but it passes the time well, and I've got some gaming time to kill right now. It's infinitely better out of the gate than Diablo 3.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 09:13 AM   #150
Radii
Head Coach

I'm also having a surprisingly good time with NBA 2K, playing in the Magic/Bird era and just grabbing all of the non-Jordan Tar Heels.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote