Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2009, 01:25 AM   #1
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Rory's Story(FM2010)

Hello,
My name is Rory McIllroy. Now I know that this is an American football message board and not many of you are likely to know who I am or even care but I am documenting my career as a football coach. Real football that is. You see I was once a budding superstar. I was the best young player in all of Scotland. On the rise and capped as an international player at the age of 19. The problem? In my first match I blew out my knee. No big deal these days right? Well when you tear all three ligaments and even a few tendons, the comebacks are not probable. Hmm...an American equivalent? Try Joe Theismann? Lets just say that I used to have a big mouth. I might have said a few things to an older "has been" from the squad we were playing and the rest is history. One amazing slide tackle right into the knee. I got one ruined career. He got one red card and a hefty fine.

Today...
So here I am at 35. What have I done with my life? Not much. A few scouting jobs here. A few odd jobs there. Luckily I was smart with my money and used a sizable signing bonus I had from Hearts when I was younger. I invested well and stretched that puppy as far as I could. Well here I am. Looking for a job. I have coached a little and kept in touch with most of my chums from the football world. My old coach, who was the youth coach at the time on Hearts, is now a minority member with Fleetwood, a small English club in the Blue Square North. Do I detest England? No. Do I want to be there? No. A job is a job and maybe if I can catch the interest of better clubs. So here goes everything.

nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

After an interview and a couple prods from my old coach, they offer me the job. Fleetwood Town is on the rise. They were promoted to the 6th tier just one year ago. They showed they were serious about going further with a one million dollar renovation to their 70 YEAR OLD STADIUM! History is here. They were founded in 1908 but rumors saying sometime in the 1890's is when they were started. To think about it, this is the perfect place to start my managing career. Being Scottish I don't know much about these English clubs of little repertoire but it seems this team is serious about moving forward. The chairman is taking offers for the team but don't think that means he is selling low. With the renovations and the 8th place finish last year, he has a high price for the club. That being said I have a 70k transfer budget which is just heavenly for this division and a 18k a week salary range. This just looks too good to be true.

Don't let me fool you, I am not just some Scottish guy. I am an American as well. A military baby. My father is an American. My mother is Scottish. I was born as the result of an intense romantic flair when my fathers boat docked near the town my mother was staying in. None the less they are not together today but I do have a relationship with them both. My father hats what he calls "soccer" but my mother has always been encouraging. I will be looking to take advantage of my Scottish connections and bring in some players from there. Once again here goes everything.

Last edited by nfg22 : 11-02-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Well it has been a moth since I have written. It is now the start of August and the start of the season. I will give you a couple updates on where my team is and what I have done in my first month.

I have signed a player from Harrogate town named Dylan Airhart. They are a struggling team financially and I was able to pry him away for about 50k and 25% resale fee. This is a player out of their youth squad. He has speed and not much else but that will fit perfectly. At 17 years of age he will probably start at FC for us.

Second off I have signed a Scottish player name Ross Hyslop. He is a GK and young also. Seventeen again. He has the skills to handle the ball as well as some good reflexes. He will be backup with a few appearances. He came in on a 1k fee.

Lastly, I have brought in two players on free transfers. The first is GK Scott Tynan. He is 25 and will start. Not as young as I would like but he has great reflexes and handling, especially for these lower leagues. Alan Morgan comes in a WB/D. He is fast and has good tackling and passing. He will share time at my DC position where he will be a ball clearing defender. Finding the ball and getting it as far out of the defense as possible.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I will be looking to run a counter attack team with great passing on long balls. The team will have to be fast and young. They must be able to run all game at a fast pace. Here is a look at my tactic.

Last edited by nfg22 : 11-02-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

As I have said, I want to have a fast and young team. Coming in we were one of the oldest and slowest teams and that is a problem with me. My strategy to get this team to the next level and beyond is simple. Bring in young athletic players who need some refining. Help them with technical and mental things while they dominate the game with speed and strength. When they get good enough we can sell them for more money. At the lower levels speed is a huge help. I am playing the right side forward as a poacher. He will look to get a lot of through balls on the counter attacks and other passes. The left side will be more of deep lying forward. Now as you see I have Dylan Airhart there who is the fastest player by far in the squad. He just does not have the anticipation yet to play the right side. Im sure he will still collect goals on the counter attack and I might flip flop the spots a little. My AMC will be a play maker. Always holding the ball and getting to the open man and even with a shot of his own every once in a while. Other than that MR will be a free flowing offensive player who will look to cross alot and add little to the defensive side. The DC on the right side is my ball clearing defender. He will be initiating alot of the counter attack. This should be a very high scoring team if all goes to plan. I know a little unconventional but at this level the speed and tactic can be a little overwhelming.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

OOC: Does anyone know how to make it so my pictures fit on the screen? Im very new at the pictures thing.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Old 11-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Roster evaluation?
The defensive line? I would like to have a little more speed on the sides and the ball clearance wont be too good with the average tackling in the center. The center has some good jumping and heading skills. We shouldn't get beat on the headers too much. I would like to replace Micheal Taylor with someone who is faster and can tackle better. I need someone to play that ball clearing role well. Not only to save goals but to start that offensive assault.

Midfield...Nathan Pond is going to be gone from the DMC as quick as possible. He just has no skills to help out on offense and his defense is nothing to admire. Our outsides have some speed but the crossing isn't looking good. I will be looking to get improvement on that. My offense needs a fast right winger who can get the ball to the strikers. Jamie Milligan is perfect at this level. He has the speed and tools to find people shots. He will be playing the play maker role.

Attack...
Gareth is solid. Being fast enough to get a few breakaways and good enough to score from deep. He will collect many goals. Dream is going to be hit and miss. Already I have watched him get many breakaway chances. He doesn't always convert but it is impressive to know that he sometimes has the patience to pass up on a shot and get the ball back to Gareth on a breakaway.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

AUGUST 2009

As you can see this is the schedule for August. We have already played a game this month and we drew. It wasn't even close. We had about 4-5 breakaways that we missed and even conceded a penalty that was quite dubious. Hyde, Telford and Eastwood look to be our toughest and most crucial matches. I would like to come out of this month with only one loss or less. If we can do that I think we are well on our way to promotion. As far as adding players? I will be looking to add 2-3 the rest of the season but maybe only on loan.

Last edited by nfg22 : 11-03-2009 at 12:57 PM.