Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2006, 12:41 PM   #451
path12
Coordinator

And dola, no house affiliation came in with my role, did it with anyone else? I wouldn't think so, since we're villager/wizards and not necessarily students (except for those who might have the 'student of magic' designations).
Old 01-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #452
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i think that is too short.

I'm ok with a shorter day to get back on schedule, but I'll defer to whatever you or the majority think best.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #453
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think it is too short. The easiest way to lose interest in a game this size is to drag the cycles on too long. Heck, I almost lost interest in the last game b/c of the cycles. How I long for the 100% set in stone cycles of yesteryear. If nothing else, can you set a deadline for around midnight, that would be 10 hours, and then make the day night actions be in by when you get up. That should set us back on schedule.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #454
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I agree with this. Classes, yes, per Blade that should be looked at. I don't think the houses come into it based on the ruleset.
I dont belive houses do, but i know one class is a role and occumulency is in the rules, so thats 2
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #455
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
make the night actions be in by when you get up. That should set us back on schedule.

corrected.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #456
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I don't think it is too short. The easiest way to lose interest in a game this size is to drag the cycles on too long. Heck, I almost lost interest in the last game b/c of the cycles. How I long for the 100% set in stone cycles of yesteryear. If nothing else, can you set a deadline for around midnight, that would be 10 hours, and then make the day night actions be in by when you get up. That should set us back on schedule.
that sounds like a good idea, what do people think of that....day 2 starting at 2pm, ending at midnight tonight....night 2 beginning at midnight, ending 9:30 am tomorrow. Day 3 starting at 9:30, ending at 9:30 am thursday?

Last edited by saldana : 01-10-2006 at 12:58 PM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #457
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
i agree, i think 7 hours is not even close to too short. Midnight is fine too, but past today would be bad if you ask me. Set a time for night actions to be in, and if their not simulate them or make them lose the ability, or just not use it. In the spawn game the spawn missed two kills for not submitting night actions, no need to wait. If someone, good or bad, isnt fulfilling their requirements they lose them or just dont use their role. Get the game rolling, as stagnant=bad for interest
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #458
saldana
Pro Starter

since no one as of yet disagrees.....
Old 01-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #459
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
that sounds like a good idea, what do people think of that....day 2 starting at 2pm, ending at midnight tonight....night 2 beginning at midnight, ending 9:30 am tomorrow. Day 3 starting at 9:30, ending at 9:30 am thursday?

its ok with me.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #460
saldana
Pro Starter

Night 1

The euphoria of catching a Death Eater fades as quickly as the darkness of night grows. Every sound you hear outside makes you thing a wizard in a mask is lurking in the shadows around your house. Some time after midnight, it happens, you hear a loud thud from somewhere outside, followed by the words that every Wizard alive has grown to fear. From the darkness, a cry of “Avada Kedavra!” rings out through the night, and you know that someone, somewhere, lies dead, and you are just thankful it is not you. Shortly after you muster the courage to look outside, and see the town alight with an eerie green glow. You look skyward and your worst fears are confirmed. There, glowing in the sky in the area of Neon_Chaos’s house is the same symbol you saw several hours earlier on the forearm of Qwikshot. The Dark Mark burns brightly in the sky, a sure sign that the Death Eaters have avenged their fallen mate.

As the sun creeps back into the sky, you all slowly make your way out of your homes towards Neon’s home, but suddenly the door to his house opens and out steps none other than Neon_Chaos himself. You look at each other confused until you reach the side of his house, where in the space between Neon’s house and the next one lays a body. You slowly approach to find the corpse of Barkeep49 staring blankly towards the sky.

You think the worst is before you, but just as he is about to make what you all hope would be one of his infamously insightful observations, Blade6119 suddenly grabs his throat, falls to the ground and begins to convulse. Several of you rush to his side, but since no one happens to have a Bezoar at hand, there is nothing anyone can do to stop the poison that is coursing through his body from ending his life.

All the feelings of triumph you felt last night have quickly turned to desperation as a search of Barkeep’s belongings reveal a group of Dark Detectors, as well as some aged clippings from the Daily Prophet involving the high profile arrests of a number of Death Eaters. Finally, you find a framed photograph of Barkeep with Cornelius Fudge, shaking hands heartily, the images looking out at you and waving jovially. The inscription on the frame reads: “For 20 years of meritorious service to the Ministry”. It is now clear to you that Barkeep49 was the Retired Auror.

If that wasn’t bad enough, you search Blade’s house next. You find books of defensive spells and reference manuals with information of how to do battle against various beasts and forms of magic. Although you are unsure exactly what all this means, it is clear that Blade6119 was a Wizard, and that he was someone who at some point could have been very useful in the battle against evil.

it is now Day 2. the vote deadline is 12 midnight eastern (board time).

Last edited by saldana : 01-10-2006 at 01:04 PM. Reason: bold added to player names
Old 01-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #461
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Id ask that day 3 end the night of wednesday...morning votes are usually not great, and most people are done with voting by the end of the night. You can do whatever you want, but if i was running id keep days finishing at night time. Thats my personal thoughts, as a west coaster who is never up for morning lynches and therefore handicapped if the wolves try to swap it late.
Demotivation
Old 01-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #462
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
i agree, i think 7 hours is not even close to too short. Midnight is fine too, but past today would be bad if you ask me. Set a time for night actions to be in, and if their not simulate them or make them lose the ability, or just not use it. In the spawn game the spawn missed two kills for not submitting night actions, no need to wait. If someone, good or bad, isnt fulfilling their requirements they lose them or just dont use their role. Get the game rolling, as stagnant=bad for interest

Or just replace them, which has happened a few times. I'm sure we'll have people who can't/won't participate in the game with the huge number, so it's to be expected.

My vote would be to just run the normal schedule - end day at 9:30 PM EST, etc..

Last edited by Desnudo : 01-10-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:02 PM   #463
Blade6119
Coordinator

FORGET EVERYTHING I JUST SAID, ITS NOW MOOT FOR ME....sigh...i knew this would happen. GOOD LUCK GOOD GUYS!!!!
Demotivation
Old 01-10-2006, 01:02 PM   #464
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, well if anybody knows what Blade was talking about, I'd like to hear it. He was way over my head.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #465
Desnudo
Coordinator

Well, looks like the bad guys managed to get their actions in.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:05 PM   #466
SnDvls
Pro Starter

wow...looks like we lost a bodyguard in Barkeep and a ?? in Blade. That night sucked.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #467
JeeberD
General Manager

Geez, a double dose of death. Not good...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:10 PM   #468
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

not good. It seems blade was a student who would inheret the auror's
(bodyguard) position.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #469
Schmidty
Coordinator

Everything is so random right now. I hope we can get it together before the baddies put us too far behind.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #470
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
You think the worst is before you, but just as he is about to make what you all hope would be one of his infamously insightful observations, Blade6119 suddenly grabs his throat, falls to the ground and begins to convulse. Several of you rush to his side, but since no one happens to have a Bezoar at hand, there is nothing anyone can do to stop the poison that is coursing through his body from ending his life.

okay you HP gurus...does this mean it was a death eater or could anyone poison him?
Old 01-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #471
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well wolves, demons, deatheaters, whatever...no hard feelings unless cronin is among you, i merely tipped my hand too early. Bravo on killing barkeep and i, two of the more experienced players on the good side. And bravo for killing a bodyguard and a role i cant name since saldana didnt. All around im trying to say bravo wolves for a solid night 1.
Demotivation
Old 01-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #472
SnDvls
Pro Starter

hopefully Neon got in another scan and wasn't one of the people to not send in night actions
Old 01-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #473
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
In the spawn game the spawn missed two kills for not submitting night actions, no need to wait.

Bullshit..we missed 2 kills b/c Vince was blessed on the 1st. Since he was the seer and we assumed his power was one time only we went after him again and found out his power to not be killed was never ending. We got all of our night actions in that game, I promise you.

Unless you mean after I died. In which case I don't really remember.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #474
JeeberD
General Manager

I would think that just about ANYONE who was decent with potions would be able to poison him, but I think that only a DE would likely do it...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:17 PM   #475
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Bullshit..we missed 2 kills b/c Vince was blessed on the 1st. Since he was the seer and we assumed his power was one time only we went after him again and found out his power to not be killed was never ending. We got all of our night actions in that game, I promise you.

Unless you mean after I died. In which case I don't really remember.
After you died, indeed You know, when we won
Demotivation
Old 01-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #476
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So...we're in day 2 now.

Alright. I'll start this time. After Neon fingered Qwik, and eventually was proven to be evil, I went back and looked through the pile-on votes on Qwik. And am thusly voting one of the people who switched to pile onto Qwik.

Vote dubb93

Note. I have no powers, no seer things, no nothing that would lend any additional insight. This is nothing more than an educated guess, and a conversation stimulator.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #477
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

...although I do have a spiffy robe and wizard hat.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #478
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
So...we're in day 2 now.

Alright. I'll start this time. After Neon fingered Qwik, and eventually was proven to be evil, I went back and looked through the pile-on votes on Qwik. And am thusly voting one of the people who switched to pile onto Qwik.

Vote dubb93

Note. I have no powers, no seer things, no nothing that would lend any additional insight. This is nothing more than an educated guess, and a conversation stimulator.

How convienent from a guy who didn't vote Qwik . I would have switched earlier if I wasn't out to eat for my anniversary. It was too early for a fake reveal from Neon.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #479
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
So...we're in day 2 now.

Vote dubb93

I think you're more likely to find a death-eater in the group that DIDN'T switch their vote.

knives out
Old 01-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #480
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I think you're more likely to find a death-eater in the group that DIDN'T switch their vote.

Yea, and if we've learned anything from recent games it is that atleast 1 "wolf" likes to come out quickly after the lynch and attempt to throw a vote on an innocent and pretty well ruin the entire days discussion.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #481
st.cronin
General Manager

I'd like to wait to see what Neo says before voting. But Coffee has definitely piqued my interest.

knives out
Old 01-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #482
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

All the feelings of triumph you felt last night have quickly turned to desperation as a search of Barkeep’s belongings reveal a group of Dark Detectors, as well as some aged clippings from the Daily Prophet involving the high profile arrests of a number of Death Eaters. Finally, you find a framed photograph of Barkeep with Cornelius Fudge, shaking hands heartily, the images looking out at you and waving jovially. The inscription on the frame reads: “For 20 years of meritorious service to the Ministry”. It is now clear to you that Barkeep49 was the Retired Auror.

I thought that the dark detectors were supposed to allow one to escape an attack by the Death Eaters? Or was it because he was guarding Neon and therefore couldn't escape?
Old 01-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #483
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
not good. It seems blade was a student who would inheret the auror's
(bodyguard) position.

Actually with what I heard yesterday, I feel Blade could have been a teacher of sorts. My guess is if the Auror died, Blade could use a night action to "teach" someone new the position. Thoughts?
Old 01-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #484
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Yea, and if we've learned anything from recent games it is that atleast 1 "wolf" likes to come out quickly after the lynch and attempt to throw a vote on an innocent and pretty well ruin the entire days discussion.

Heh. Well, feel free to lynch me if you'd like.

I guarantee at least one or two "wolves" ducked into the pile of Qwikshot. They baddies were forced into a no-win situation there (no one can defend a week 1 lynch - someone comes out like Neon did, they are dead 99% of the time), so the best bet is to follow the herd. Thusly, I'm more suspicious of people who hopped onto the bandwagon.

Thusly, I voted. If you got someone better to vote for, feel free to share.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #485
Coder
College Prospect

I'm rooting for Neon to get us another scan.. if he can..

Coffee's argument made no sense; either that or it was above me.

Until I hear something else:

Vote Coffee Warlord

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #486
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Dark Detectors – At Saldana’s recommendation, you purchased several items that allow you to provide to yourself a certain level of protection against the dark forces. These items will provide you the warning you need if the Death Eaters come for you, and will allow you to escape without harm.[/color]

Here's the description from the rules.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:30 PM   #487
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I guarantee at least one or two "wolves" ducked into the pile of Qwikshot. They baddies were forced into a no-win situation there (no one can defend a week 1 lynch - someone comes out like Neon did, they are dead 99% of the time), so the best bet is to follow the herd. Thusly, I'm more suspicious of people who hopped onto the bandwagon.

I'm waiting for Neon to come in and clear or damn someone, although I do have my fair share of suspects. My plan is usually to flush out the quiet bad guy. And that is my plan today. I will be going through the quiet ones and attempt to make them respond to me.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #488
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

I thought the same thing going into today. I don't have a feeling for any particular person, but I feel fairly certain that more than one DE jumped on the bandwagon to confuse us later in the game when we look at voting patterns.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #489
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Actually with what I heard yesterday, I feel Blade could have been a teacher of sorts. My guess is if the Auror died, Blade could use a night action to "teach" someone new the position. Thoughts?
i agree with this.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #490
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Coder

what doesn't make sense about coffee's argument?
Old 01-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #491
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Neon's here so hopefully he can shead some light on someone for us
Old 01-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #492
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Sorry Barkeep, Blade6119...

I got a night scan in... and st. cronin, you are cleared. I assume that you have no Occlumency, for I detected several emotions from you... but it is clear that you are a good wizard.

This is going to be a long day. Anyone have any good ideas? My vote is only valuable for this day... because I am pretty sure that the servants of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named will kill me tonight. I am ready for whatever you may bring... at least I am not to suffer the soul-less demise of Qwikshot.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #493
st.cronin
General Manager

The following players cast votes on what are now known wizards:

SnDvls
AlanT (counting myself as a known human)
Dubb (later switched before Neon's reveal)
Qwik
Lathum
ardent (switch from Schmidty to Neon)
Jeeber

The following players (in order) jumped on the Qwik bandwagon:

RPI
Taz
AlanT
Mr. Wednesday
KWhit
Lathum
SnDvls
Jesse Ewok
Dubb
Desnudo

The following players posted after Neon's reveal, but did not change their votes:

Coffee Warlord
Kingfc

knives out
Old 01-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #494
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well it's kinda like day 1 again.

since he didn't ever give any good response when he did show up and his head was on the block yesterday
[b]VOTE SUPERMAN=#54[i]
Old 01-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #495
SnDvls
Pro Starter

oops
VOTE SUPERMAN=#54
Old 01-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #496
st.cronin
General Manager

Woot, I fooled him. I mean...

j/k

Ok, well there's not much to go on.

I am going to

VOTE SNDVLS.

He voted for Blade (now a known human and a formidable player) well before Neon's reveal (not to mention Blade's 'reveal' which I still don't understand), and switched over to Qwik well after his fate was sealed.

knives out
Old 01-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #497
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I like St. Cronins argument but I also like players who are active. Until we here more from him

Vote Superman54
Old 01-10-2006, 02:12 PM   #498
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Having 1 bandwagon and everyone else scattered all over the place doesn't help so much right now, plus I agree with st.cronin's argument.

VOTE SNDVLS
Old 01-10-2006, 02:13 PM   #499
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
The following players cast votes on what are now known wizards:

SnDvls
AlanT (counting myself as a known human)
Dubb (later switched before Neon's reveal)
Qwik
Lathum
ardent (switch from Schmidty to Neon)
Jeeber

The following players (in order) jumped on the Qwik bandwagon:

RPI
Taz
AlanT
Mr. Wednesday
KWhit
Lathum
SnDvls
Jesse Ewok
Dubb
Desnudo

The following players posted after Neon's reveal, but did not change their votes:

Coffee Warlord
Kingfc

In Ardent's case, it seemed like self-preservation to me, which good or bad probably was a good reason. He was tied and didn't want to put his fate at the risk of a tiebreaker. So that move does not jump out at me really badly.

The two that jumped out strongest to me in the bunch was Dubb who started the initial bandwagon for Neon with the second vote for him (but then later bailed when others started voting for him), and Lathum who voted for Neon because someone else switched off of him.

Right now without a whole lot more to go on, I feel pretty ok with St.Cronin if Neon is vouching for him, so that clears 2/24 players. I'm not voting yet, going to wait for more discussion and see what happens, but right now I'm just basing my possible vote on how people behaved.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:13 PM   #500
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade WAS serious about his ties
Demotivation