Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2006, 01:43 PM   #151
Blade6119
Coordinator

coder, qwik...come on, make some posts..your in thread...chat with me
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #152
Blade6119
Coordinator

rpi and schmidty are now here too
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:46 PM   #153
Blade6119
Coordinator

and rpi left...guess hes not in a mood to play...id say at least 2 of the other 3 will leave without posting too
Demotivation
Old 01-29-2006, 01:46 PM   #154
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Come on people, come out and play. I know some of you are on the board, lets get some discussion going.

What's there to discuss at this point? If there were more things to go on, such as voting history, connections, results, etc. then I could see having much more discussion. At this point, everything's a shot in the dark. Talking for the sake of talking is ok if that's your thing, but I don't think a lot of people wanna do that.

Just sayin'
Old 01-29-2006, 01:49 PM   #155
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
rpi and schmidty are now here too

I've already posted, and all it led to you was you and dubb acting like jerkoffs.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:49 PM   #156
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
What's there to discuss at this point? If there were more things to go on, such as voting history, connections, results, etc. then I could see having much more discussion. At this point, everything's a shot in the dark. Talking for the sake of talking is ok if that's your thing, but I don't think a lot of people wanna do that.

Just sayin'
I think at this point the best thing to discuss is the various ins and outs of this game...the rules will be quite uniqie according to hoops, and a few rules are different i believe...thats something to talk about. The other thing is the votes that have already come down and their reasons for such. What did you think of fozzies comments and rpis wilt under pressure from dubb(tech i did too, but was already going to)
Demotivation
Old 01-29-2006, 01:51 PM   #157
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I've already posted, and all it led to you was you and dubb acting like jerkoffs.
Quick Question RPI, what did i say to earn myelf that title??? I dont believe i even remarked about your vote at all...just saying dont accuse me of being an ass if i didnt comment about your comment.

And posting once or twice a day is a wonderful way to hurt the villagers, ninja or not
Demotivation
Old 01-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #158
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
UNVOTE DUBB
VOTE SIRFOZZIE

Id generally say that his comments so far have been in direct opposition to what most villagers would say in my mind. Id still love to see lathum actually contribute, and he may still get my vote as he NEVER contributes too much, but for now fozzie earned my interest

most villagers would say "Why are we wearing the red shirts and the "experienced" players acting like they know everything and we know nothing??"

Trust me, new players have a huge advantage in this, because they don't have a history of being duplicitous. "Seasoned" players hate newbies, because they can't be predicted. You can't guess which players will fall for a line of crap.

Sounds to me like some ninjas are trying to set themselves up as the all knowing voices so that the newbies will look to them for guidance. Not that I'm accusing you Blade..
Old 01-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #159
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
most villagers would say "Why are we wearing the red shirts and the "experienced" players acting like they know everything and we know nothing??"

Trust me, new players have a huge advantage in this, because they don't have a history of being duplicitous. "Seasoned" players hate newbies, because they can't be predicted. You can't guess which players will fall for a line of crap.

Sounds to me like some ninjas are trying to set themselves up as the all knowing voices so that the newbies will look to them for guidance. Not that I'm accusing you Blade..
I think after last game it should be quite clear that at least SOME experience is needed to help direct the team...the wolves took out every seasoned villager and it became a trainwreck. Before last game i would have said it didnt matter who died, but watching last game knowing who was who taught me a lot, including the fact i believe we need strong villagers. I think we can all agree last game was horrid after the vets died off early...id feel like a villager would want to avoid that same path. So for the first day or so, ill give someone like dubb the benift of the doubt. Especially since many vets arent in this game...it is already a heavily inexperienced roster, with hoops, ardnet, and barkeep all not playing.
Demotivation
Old 01-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #160
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I am Daisuke Sakakida, a famed samurai swordsman. I honor the great Chuck Norris.
Dola, reviewing past pages and thought this was interesting as it was worded differently then others...could mean something
Demotivation
Old 01-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #161
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Blade, I don't think there is much to talk about... yet.

Yes, the rules sound like they will be different this time. Yes, we will be able to talk about the ins and outs of the game, once we have some data to go on. Right now, we don't know much. I'm sure there will be much more to talk about in a day or two.

As far as why I voted for Saldana: He voted for me. I misunderstood one of his posts, and he took offense at one of my posts in reply. It's all good, since the first day is generally a random vote anyway.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #162
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Blade, I don't think there is much to talk about... yet.

Yes, the rules sound like they will be different this time. Yes, we will be able to talk about the ins and outs of the game, once we have some data to go on. Right now, we don't know much. I'm sure there will be much more to talk about in a day or two.

As far as why I voted for Saldana: He voted for me. I misunderstood one of his posts, and he took offense at one of my posts in reply. It's all good, since the first day is generally a random vote anyway.
Its not so much for the first vote as to get people talking...if people talk people give off hints and clues, whether meaning to or not. Discussion is always good for the villagers, even if its about random game items or terms...We still have till monday night to vote, and id imagine much will happen vote wise tomorrow, or i hope, but i think any talk is good talk. Especially with a few villagers playing i know dont talk more then once or twice a day
Demotivation
Old 01-29-2006, 02:18 PM   #163
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Before last game i would have said it didnt matter who died, but watching last game knowing who was who taught me a lot, including the fact i believe we need strong villagers.

That's the exact reason I'm taking it slowly this time and absorbing things instead of going off and messing the whole thing up (although I had dubb pegged last game ).
Old 01-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #164
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's the exact reason I'm taking it slowly this time and absorbing things instead of going off and messing the whole thing up (although I had dubb pegged last game ).

And I knew you had too, just the evidence pointed against you

Again, I can't even begin to understand why everyone has a hard on for killing me and Blade, especially after last game. Give us a few days, if we're still alive and leading you wrong kill us then. I don't know about Blade, but I can state with 100% certainty that I'm a samurai.

If you want a repeat of last game, please by all means make it easier on the ninjas and just start a list. Kill me and Blade first and then move on down the list.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 02:26 PM   #165
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
And I knew you had too, just the evidence pointed against you

Again, I can't even begin to understand why everyone has a hard on for killing me and Blade, especially after last game. Give us a few days, if we're still alive and leading you wrong kill us then. I don't know about Blade, but I can state with 100% certainty that I'm a samurai.

If you want a repeat of last game, please by all means make it easier on the ninjas and just start a list. Kill me and Blade first and then move on down the list.

Of course, you would say that if you and Blade were ninjas, right? (grins)
Old 01-29-2006, 02:27 PM   #166
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Blade:

You and dubb proclaimed yourselves the key to the game.

Your little act is getting old and it's time someone said something. Maybe if we kill you off the first day we'll only have to deal with your ridiculous "you guys are so stupid posts" for a couple days as opposed to the whole game.

VOTE BLADE
Old 01-29-2006, 02:27 PM   #167
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Of course, you would say that if you and Blade were ninjas, right? (grins)

You have to be a ninja.

UNVOTE TANGLEWOOD

VOTE SIRFOZZIE
Old 01-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #168
Coder
College Prospect

I am Setsuko Hidari. The devils have conspired and formed the evil number of 13. The evil number of 13 was given to the less honorable and much evil ninja also known as Mustang. I, Setsuko Hidari, cast my vote on this evil and devilish ninja.

Vote Mustang

Yeah.. so he's number 13.. Raiders used that against me on day one first game and it's as good as any .

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #169
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You have to be a ninja.

UNVOTE TANGLEWOOD

VOTE SIRFOZZIE

Ooooh.. I think I struck a nerve there folks...
Old 01-29-2006, 02:31 PM   #170
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

No, no nerve. You're just being confusing.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #171
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I think you might have......or you really are a ninja.

My guess: Either you're BOTH ninjas riffing off each other, or NIETHER of you are ninjas. It wouldn't make much sense for a ninja to pick a fight with a villager at this point imo.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #172
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, no nerve. You're just being confusing.

LOST: Dubb93's sense of humor
Reward: Knowing you've done a good deed

Call: 1-800-OVR-DUBB (x433) (translate that using your phone's keypad).

In otherwords, check your jokeometer, it might be miscalibrated
Old 01-29-2006, 03:12 PM   #173
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think you might have......or you really are a ninja.

My guess: Either you're BOTH ninjas riffing off each other, or NIETHER of you are ninjas. It wouldn't make much sense for a ninja to pick a fight with a villager at this point imo.

I'm just a run-of-the-mill samurai, named Kikuko Kodo.. so if either of yours is true, then the second one is true.

(OOC: Jeez, dubb's never read the early ones, where any impassioned statement declaring they were a good guy would be answered with the statement.. "Of course, if you were a bad guy, you would say that, wouldn't you?"
Old 01-29-2006, 03:17 PM   #174
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
LOST: Dubb93's sense of humor
Reward: Knowing you've done a good deed

Call: 1-800-OVR-DUBB (x433) (translate that using your phone's keypad).

In otherwords, check your jokeometer, it might be miscalibrated

Dubb only has a sense of humor when he's talking about how much smarter he is than everyone else.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:21 PM   #175
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm just a run-of-the-mill samurai, named Kikuko Kodo.. so if either of yours is true, then the second one is true.

(OOC: Jeez, dubb's never read the early ones, where any impassioned statement declaring they were a good guy would be answered with the statement.. "Of course, if you were a bad guy, you would say that, wouldn't you?"

Whatever, nothing you said was even close to what I would call humor, so sorry if I missed the joke.

And now you claim humor, when it looked an awful lot like you were trying to start a fight and create a hard link between Blade and I.

If you had said "of course, if you were a bad guy, you would say that, wouldn't you?" we wouldn't be where we are now.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #176
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Dubb only has a sense of humor when he's talking about how much smarter he is than everyone else.

I actually refuse to work with you guys this game. Vote me, I'm done for a while.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #177
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Whatever, nothing you said was even close to what I would call humor, so sorry if I missed the joke.

And now you claim humor, when it looked an awful lot like you were trying to start a fight and create a hard link between Blade and I.

If you had said "of course, if you were a bad guy, you would say that, wouldn't you?" we wouldn't be where we are now.

So in other words.. "Since I don't find it funny..that you took a statement that linked me and Blade and made an offhand mocking comment about it.. I'm upset?"

Good to know.

maybe I did strike a nerve here..

Last edited by SirFozzie : 01-29-2006 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Cleaned up a /quote that snuck in there
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #178
Desnudo
Coordinator

Taking the ball and going home? So you guys love to dish it out, but can't take a few snide remarks?
Old 01-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #179
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I actually refuse to work with you guys this game. Vote me, I'm done for a while.

Ok, if you insist..

UNVOTE SALDANA
VOTE DUBB93
Old 01-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #180
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I hate the reverse psychology and dislike the whole spiel.

Unvote Saldana

Vote Dubb93.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #181
Desnudo
Coordinator

How do you know it's not reverse reverse psychology?
Old 01-29-2006, 03:48 PM   #182
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How do you know it's not reverse reverse psychology?

Hmmmm, maybe I need to inhale more of this mystical smoke
Old 01-29-2006, 03:51 PM   #183
Desnudo
Coordinator

You know, I think you posted almost the same thing verbatim the last game. I forget if it was about Dubb or not.

Actually you and SirFozzie are two that concern me, given your backgrounds.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:51 PM   #184
saldana
Pro Starter

although the temptation to vote dubb, just because, is almost overwhelming, i will refrain from now, but since i feel my honor has been restored, i will at the very least

unvote eaglesfan27
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:52 PM   #185
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, lathum is babysitting his 6 year old niece and twin 3 1/2 year old nephews all day, so i dont expect him to be seen at any point today.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:53 PM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You know, I think you posted almost the same thing verbatim the last game. I forget if it was about Dubb or not.

I think you are confusing him with Fonzie who is a neuropsychologist (I believe.) SirFozzie is not a psychologist or otherwise in the field, as far as I know.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:54 PM   #187
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
dola, lathum is babysitting his 6 year old niece and twin 3 1/2 year old nephews all day, so i dont expect him to be seen at any point today.

Suspicious, very suspicious. I think he's actually off roundhouse kicking samurai.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:54 PM   #188
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Dola, I did post almost the same thing last game. It's true. I dislike reverse psychology in this game.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:55 PM   #189
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I think you are confusing him with Fonzie who is a neuropsychologist (I believe.) SirFozzie is not a psychologist or otherwise in the field, as far as I know.

Yes, I always get them mixed up. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #190
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No problem

I just don't like some of the attitudes that develop during this game. It's not that I hate all reverse psychology. However, if someone tells me to vote for them, I'm going to take them at their word and vote for them.

I understand that people can get frustrated. However, people should step away from their computer if that happens. Don't say vote for me, unless you really want to be voted out of the game (which makes me wonder why you joined in the first place.)
Old 01-29-2006, 03:58 PM   #191
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

I don't mean to be picking on dubb. This is a general trend that I've seen happen in plenty of these games.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:00 PM   #192
Desnudo
Coordinator

Well, I also wonder how much is frustration and how much of it is a tactic. He's been through enough of these that I would think he'd have a thicker skin.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:01 PM   #193
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola -

I don't mean to be picking on dubb. This is a general trend that I've seen happen in plenty of these games.

I think it's because some people like to use pressure as a constant tactic. It's easy to cross the line between game and personal if you aren't careful (and people often aren't). So that tactic is naturally going to lead to some animosity.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:02 PM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well if he is a master ninja (or other brutal wolf equivalent or some duke equivalent) I'm willing to take that chance. Personally, my gut says it isn't a tactic.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:03 PM   #195
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think it's because some people like to use pressure as a constant tactic. It's easy to cross the line between game and personal if you aren't careful (and people often aren't). So that tactic is naturally going to lead to some animosity.

I know. I was getting frustrated with some of that occuring which is why I took a long break between WW 6 or so and the last few games. I wish we could focus on the in-game elements.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #196
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No problem

I just don't like some of the attitudes that develop during this game. It's not that I hate all reverse psychology. However, if someone tells me to vote for them, I'm going to take them at their word and vote for them.

I understand that people can get frustrated. However, people should step away from their computer if that happens. Don't say vote for me, unless you really want to be voted out of the game (which makes me wonder why you joined in the first place.)

I didn't mind playing in this game untill Fozzie started to envisioned himself being a comedian and Des started to troll me for the 2nd straight game.

Seriously, Des, get over it. I crossed the barrier one time last game and offered a full apology. You on the other hand didn't drop it after that and I see it is going to carry over to this game.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #197
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well if he is a master ninja (or other brutal wolf equivalent or some duke equivalent) I'm willing to take that chance.

I'm not.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #198
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I didn't mind playing in this game untill Fozzie started to envisioned himself being a comedian and Des started to troll me for the 2nd straight game.

Seriously, Des, get over it. I crossed the barrier one time last game and offered a full apology. You on the other hand didn't drop it after that and I see it is going to carry over to this game.

Actually I was referring to a comment earlier in this thread. There's a lot I'd like to reply to regarding this topic, but I'll drop it. I'll stop making personal remarks and apologize if I offended.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:16 PM   #199
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

wow.. a quick comeback, there dubby, you sure you're not a pro athlete?

And BTW, for your edification, winning, while important to me is less important then having fun. I always play loosey goosey.. look up my verbal joust with BrianD.. hmm.. Werewolf IV or V.. where we continued arguing for the fun of it even after it was long since decided.

At one point in the verbal smackings I sent him an offer privately, that we would switch argument points, I'd argue he WASN'T the wolf, and he'd argue that he was a wolf. (Kinda like the DUCK SEASON! WABBIT SEASON! Bugs Bunny Skit)

If you don't like it, I apologize, but that's the way I roll.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 01-29-2006 at 04:17 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #200
hoopsguy
General Manager

The early morning hours were marked by the samurai getting acquainted with their new surroundings and attempting to understand the situation at hand. But slowly conversation between the warriors broke out. The early musings have centered around two men - SirFozzie and Dubb.

Chuck Norris is oblivious to the petty bickering; everyone can see him getting in a morning workout on a hill on the outskirts of town. Up to this point he has not acknowledged your presence.

Updated vote counts:
AlanT - Kingfc (133)
SirFozzie - AlanT (137), Blade (149), Dubb (167)
Dubb - Schmidty (146), SirFozzie (179), Eaglesfan (180)
Blade - RPI (166)
Mustang - Coder (168)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote