Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-20-2006, 09:11 PM   #2451
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy

I thought a lot of people played really well on the survivor side. Hard to believe that we had this big of an advantage with a 15-5-1 (Blade as his own faction, so to speak) starting ratio, with the others having the tie-breaker role. But they never were able to break through into the ranks of the trusted.

I think they actually had a couple of shots at it, but their actions and voting patterns, which the players who were others helped us keep track of, did them in.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:20 PM   #2452
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Yep, I had some misgivings on playing the word "simple" in terms of a role reveal and PM'd Ardent about it before commenting on it. But once that was in place the circle of trust was rolling.

The suspicion cast on Desnudo was pretty bogus - tough luck for the others that he took heat over something like that.

I thought a lot of people played really well on the survivor side. Hard to believe that we had this big of an advantage with a 15-5-1 (Blade as his own faction, so to speak) starting ratio, with the others having the tie-breaker role. But they never were able to break through into the ranks of the trusted.

Yes, like I told Blade (after we were both dead), I would have written that whether I was good or evil. I also think it's generally backed up by my gameplay. Unlucky roll of the dice for us. It forced me into a defensive position which totally changed how I handled everything else. Instead of trying to blend in, that scrutiny cast a bad light on anything I said or did. Once you were validated by a few other survivors I was done.

Good job survivors picking up on the clues out there.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:23 PM   #2453
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
I think they actually had a couple of shots at it, but their actions and voting patterns, which the players who were others helped us keep track of, did them in.

One of the huge problems was that King was at risk of getting lynched on day 1 and then my number came up the next day (or the one after?). It probably would have been better to take one for the team and "validate" ourselves by killing King, but oh well.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:40 PM   #2454
saldana
Pro Starter

i tried to bank on the fact that we have never had a tiebreaker be a bad guy before, so me forcing the tie as the brutal wolf was a play i thought would clear desmond, and let me use my power the next night, but RA played a hell of a game and had us pegged hard. thanks ardent.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:45 PM   #2455
hoopsguy
General Manager

It took me all three days of talking to RA over the weekend to get him to believe I wasn't a wolf after my Day 1 vote change off King onto Mr. W. Ugh.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #2456
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Assuming sndvls does duke it, this is my wolf list as of now:
Alant
Desnudo
Kingfc

King makes perfect sense if you assume hes a wolf. That would mean that the wolves were trying to save king and took the mr. w bandwagon(like having alan, desnudo, and king all on mr. w)....day 2 desnudo goes on the block and takes the lead. Mckerney then leaves for the night and suddenly we have a movement to him that ties it up(with both desnudo and alan on mckerney, who had voted for desnudo before he left)..King went on raiders on day 2 as well, and since i trust raiders this counts as a bad move to me as well.

So basically all 3 have voted for nothing but confirmed good guys, and mostly did it in protection of an other.

It sounds odd , but we may have been this close to lynching an other both days so far...SOMEHOW, a late switch saved both of them from dying...coincidence?
Quote:
I dont think today is about voting patterns...today is all about alan/desnudo/king vs you/me....basically...
Quote:
desmond needs to die soon...

Just wanted to gloat about having 4 of the 5 the day i died...Im shocked that no one quoted that top post after i died...but felt like being cocky there

Kwhit, i didnt lie to you. I could win with either side, but i picked to win with the villagers. I feel i was a key component in the villager win, as without my help(role reveal, push for alan/desnudo/king(day before anyone but hoops cared), my desnudo night kill, and my defense of RA who everyone and their mother seemed to want to kill) i think things would have played out far different. RA credited hoops and i with tipping him on saldana, though that i cannot claim...i mentioned him, but didnt have a read on saldana yet. Altogether we got a lot of lucky breaks this game and a lot of solid play from some villagers(RA, Kwhit, sun, hoops, celeval)...altogether i think this was just one of those games where everything just fell into place beautifully.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:55 PM   #2457
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Just wanted to gloat about having 4 of the 5 the day i died...Im shocked that no one quoted that top post after i died...but felt like being cocky there

Kwhit, i didnt lie to you. I could win with either side, but i picked to win with the villagers. I feel i was a key component in the villager win, as without my help(role reveal, push for alan/desnudo/king(day before anyone but hoops cared), my desnudo night kill, and my defense of RA who everyone and their mother seemed to want to kill) i think things would have played out far different. RA credited hoops and i with tipping him on saldana, though that i cannot claim...i mentioned him, but didnt have a read on saldana yet. Altogether we got a lot of lucky breaks this game and a lot of solid play from some villagers(RA, Kwhit, sun, hoops, celeval)...altogether i think this was just one of those games where everything just fell into place beautifully.

I think I know why we didn't pick out some of your better clues ( ):

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 2,456
User Name Posts
Blade6119 409
spleen1015 180
SnDvls 175
Alan T 173
KWhit 156
Raiders Army 154
hoopsguy 152
pennywisesb 132
Celeval 131
Swaggs 122
saldana 116
Desnudo 92
path12 76
ardent enthusiast 69
Schmidty 64
kingfc22 59
Desmond 44
PackerFanatic 42
mckerney 40
Bearcat729 28
Mr. Wednesday 17
Grammaticus 7
tanglewood 7
Barkeep49 3
RPI-Fan 2
dubb93 2
Coder 1
TazFTW 1
Buccaneer 1
Brillig 1
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:56 PM   #2458
Swaggs
Coordinator

By the way, who killed/deactivated Blade anyway?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:00 PM   #2459
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
By the way, who killed/deactivated Blade anyway?
I was night attacked by the wolves the night i assasinated desnudo(1 wolf for one non-villager)..that helped you guys out too lol
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:04 PM   #2460
hoopsguy
General Manager

And people suggest I post a lot in these games ... I was 7th!
Old 02-20-2006, 11:04 PM   #2461
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
And people suggest I post a lot in these games ... I was 7th!
You died on day 2
Demotivation
Old 02-20-2006, 11:21 PM   #2462
hoopsguy
General Manager

As if that slows you down
Old 02-20-2006, 11:28 PM   #2463
Blade6119
Coordinator

Wait, i died?
Demotivation
Old 02-20-2006, 11:31 PM   #2464
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast[font=Arial
10. Schmidty Scout. John Locke. Locke seems to know a lot about scouting and the terrain, this makes you a scout/spy. Each night, you may follow, without fear of being caught, one person to know their true intentions.[/font]
Who did you follow this game?
Demotivation
Old 02-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #2465
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Good job everyone!
Old 02-21-2006, 12:28 AM   #2466
path12
Coordinator

Woot! Way to go survivors! Great call at the end, Celeval.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:49 AM   #2467
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
RA credited hoops and i with tipping him on saldana, though that i cannot claim...i mentioned him, but didnt have a read on saldana yet.
I went back to this PM, which was the 2nd one you sent to me:

Quote:
Another idea is looking at players who didnt check in as survivors(either special roles or others possibly).

Heres a list of check-ins by my count(in order of posting):
1.Myself(post 50)...first person to call survivor, i know im not an other

2.Mckerney...makes a joke, post 51..follows it up with another a few later...no mention of survivor

3.Schmidty - Post 53...just says "I am here"

4.bearcat - post 55 claims survivor...so far has seemed helpful

5.Hoopsguy - claims survivor(56)...always one to watch...like myself hasnt been a wolf in awhile...he is always near the top of my suspicion list becuase i know how bad he can screw us.

6.Tanglewood(57) claims survivor
7.alan(58)-just checks in
8.pennywise - claims survivor(59)
9.Kingfc(60) never claims survivor...king and penny above were the two to latch onto number idea so far, something to not
10.Kwhit(69) claims survivor
11.Saldana(71)-another bolded, claims villager...interesting he doesnt say survivor
12.Sundvls(70)-makes random post, then provides great detail on show
13.RPI(81) - doesnt check in, just thanks sun for info
14.Desnudo(84) - again, doesnt check in...just starts talking
15.gramat(87)-claims survivor
16. Swaggs(92) - "i am here"...
17.Desmond(97) - just starts talking...wait, who the hell is desmond?
I combined that with hoops' breakthrough of "simple" and it was pretty easy from there. It's somewhat of a shame that I went back to Day 1 and Day 2 conversations on Days 5-6. The voting patterns helped as well, but this was the major piece of evidence in my mind.

Then again, a broken clock is right twice a day. Guess I got lucky on saldana and Desmond.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:50 AM   #2468
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
And you didn't give me the code when we talked!

Actually that day I forgot to. And the code was a pain in the ass to create.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:41 AM   #2469
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hehe, nice job all. Fun game AE. Thanks alot!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #2470
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I went back to this PM, which was the 2nd one you sent to me:

I combined that with hoops' breakthrough of "simple" and it was pretty easy from there. It's somewhat of a shame that I went back to Day 1 and Day 2 conversations on Days 5-6. The voting patterns helped as well, but this was the major piece of evidence in my mind.

Then again, a broken clock is right twice a day. Guess I got lucky on saldana and Desmond.
Im glad my research helped...i always do stuff like that, but i never share it with anyone. Dont really want people to know i actually have methods to my madness lol. Yah, not a single of the 5 others checked in as a survivor, which turned out huge. It might be they didnt have survivor in their PM or were afraid of empath. Either way im glad it helped. You of all people can believe i really was working for the villager win, right buddy? I dont want you to think i was lying to you on day one, but i hope my action proved that to you
Demotivation
Old 02-21-2006, 09:21 AM   #2471
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
You of all people can believe i really was working for the villager win, right buddy? I dont want you to think i was lying to you on day one, but i hope my action proved that to you
I can confirm this. I was somewhat nervous about the no-kill on night 1, but I think you explained that pretty well.

...and I didn't sell you out.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:26 AM   #2472
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I can confirm this. I was somewhat nervous about the no-kill on night 1, but I think you explained that pretty well.

...and I didn't sell you out.
I know, thank you buddy. Our circle of trust was a key cog in winning when combined with the "simple" part...altogether it was a game where role reveals won it, not their actual actions if you ask me(though me killing desnudo and celeval killing desmond helped).

I want to commend all the villagers...this was a solid game...after day 2 we killed at least 1 wolf every day
Demotivation
Old 02-21-2006, 09:46 AM   #2473
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yah, not a single of the 5 others checked in as a survivor, which turned out huge. It might be they didnt have survivor in their PM or were afraid of empath.

the word survivor didnt appear in my pm...i was told that i was an other, who the other others were, and then asked to split our 3 roles up amongst ourselves, which ardent asked us to do kind of quickly because people had already started checking in. when the whole "simple"thing started, i actually asked if i could have that pm so we werent pinned in by it, but ardent would give it to me. the fact that "survivor" didnt show in my PM was huge to me personally, since i have never watched a single episode of the show and knew absolutely nothing about it (bolded for RA in case hes drunk again )i would never have thought to put it in my check in post because i didnt even know what the other team was called...shit, i didnt know what my team was called until i got the PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #2474
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
the word survivor didnt appear in my pm...i was told that i was an other, who the other others were, and then asked to split our 3 roles up amongst ourselves, which ardent asked us to do kind of quickly because people had already started checking in. when the whole "simple"thing started, i actually asked if i could have that pm so we werent pinned in by it, but ardent would give it to me. the fact that "survivor" didnt show in my PM was huge to me personally, since i have never watched a single episode of the show and knew absolutely nothing about it (bolded for RA in case hes drunk again )i would never have thought to put it in my check in post because i didnt even know what the other team was called...shit, i didnt know what my team was called until i got the PM.
I figured you would see everyone else saying survivor and follow suite...but that sucks...i can't believe you asked him for the PM though...that would have been cheating if he had.

My PM had both others and survivors, but its very interesting you guys got to divide roles and didnt give alan cunning...with the way he plays he would have been by far the best choice in my mind
Demotivation
Old 02-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #2475
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I figured you would see everyone else saying survivor and follow suite...but that sucks...i can't believe you asked him for the PM though...that would have been cheating if he had.

My PM had both others and survivors, but its very interesting you guys got to divide roles and didnt give alan cunning...with the way he plays he would have been by far the best choice in my mind

i didnt think it would have been cheating on our part at the time because of the way it was obviously giving the survivors an unfair advantage to be able to quote it....even if i had tried to say i was one at that point, it would have stood out even more, and would have been piling on to the trust circle...i asked to see it so i could try to figure out a way to counteract the fact that half a dozen people were cleared in a 5 minute span by an unintentional mechanic. we didnt make alan the cunning because we thought you would have more NAMBLA meetings with him like you did last game if he kissed your ass a bit.....we thought that was enough cover for him.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:12 AM   #2476
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
we didnt make alan the cunning because we thought you would have more NAMBLA meetings with him like you did last game if he kissed your ass a bit.....we thought that was enough cover for him.
Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice shame on me...there was no way i was letting alan pull that off after how he pulled one over on me. It might have worked on someone else, but after getting bitten by the snake you learn to watch its movements..the snake has a far better chance of striking at a new unsuspecting target.

But to each his own, i just think repeating play styles as a wolf is a horrid idea...funny, but horrid...its why sndvls always cracks me up, because he always has the same damn wolf style
Demotivation
Old 02-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #2477
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

But to each his own, i just think repeating play styles as a wolf is a horrid idea...funny, but horrid...its why sndvls always cracks me up, because he always has the same damn wolf style

which is exactly why i recommended the idea, he has gotten so much better with each game he has played ( a fact i am sure others have noticed too), i thought it would be obvious he was doing the same thing he did last game and you would think that he couldnt be so dumb as to use the same strategy he used last game, so he couldnt be a wolf again.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #2478
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
which is exactly why i recommended the idea, he has gotten so much better with each game he has played ( a fact i am sure others have noticed too), i thought it would be obvious he was doing the same thing he did last game and you would think that he couldnt be so dumb as to use the same strategy he used last game, so he couldnt be a wolf again.
He has improved tremendously, far faster then other players in my mind(not a knock on anyone else, just a compliment to him). It was the gramat kill that made me look his way due to comments about him he made in past games. After that it was merely a matter of connecting the dots(and mckerney protecting himself from me, as well as talking to raiders)
Demotivation
Old 02-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #2479
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Great game everyone, glad I could step in and help out the good guys

And AE, I really thought I would gain knowledge by putting that stuff in my posts, that makes me sad!

Glad to say I am 2 - 0 in my WW games
Old 02-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #2480
Desmond
Banned

Damn, I was hoping I would last a few days to at least get a chuckle out of it. Good game everyone. Having never played one of these before I was taken back by the speed and level at which you guys play. I often found myself trying to be quiet just so I wouldn't mess up because i was positive if i made the slightest error i would be in trouble. Sorry other others, the last night I couldn't concentrate fully on the game, not sure how i would of convinced anyone not to vote for me though, other than batting my eyelashes, lol. This was fun.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:13 PM   #2481
hoopsguy
General Manager

Desmond, I think it is pretty tough being a wolf in your first game with the group. Hope to see you in another one soon.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:13 PM   #2482
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

you did fine Desmond. Nice having you
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:15 PM   #2483
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My screw ups aside, it was fun to GM this.

Adding details from the show throughout the game...and getting others to actually watch the show was a bonus. I hope I got a few of you hooked.

I liked the confusion amongst...EVERYONE when I introduced the jail cell...which was nothing more than a delayed lynch.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #2484
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, good job Desmond, you actually stayed off of our radar for quite a while.