Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #51
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Next up is the Milwaukee Brewers at 49-41. They are in 3rd place in the Central Division 5 games out on a 4 game losing streak. They are 3-0 vs. us this year.

Game #1 Webb and the team seems to have some new energy after the all star break as we win 6-3

Game #2 Willis gets a win for the D-Backs in his AZ debut as we win again 12-6

Game #3 A one run extra inning game and our newest bullpen addition get us the 3-2 win as Todd Jones proves his worth in the trade.

Our win streak is now at 4 and the Dodgers come to town now.

SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #52
SnDvls
Pro Starter

The Dodgers are 56-36 still leading the NL West. They are 5-3 vs. us this year and are in town for a 4 game series.

Game #1 Another one run extra inning game and again we win 7-6 in 10 innings.

Game #2 Wells struggled and Rafael Furcal hit for the cycle as we lose this one 11-5. I've been in trade talks to ship out Wells to Washington for about a week now...we'll see if this effects the trade.

Game #3 The bats continue to produce and the pitching has picked up as we win 9-2 behind Webb.

After the game the D-Backs announced a 3 team trade involving 10 players.

Arizona sends to Washington David Wells, Brandon Lyon, Terry Mulholland, Mike Koplove, Johnny Estrada and Jeremy Guthrie and gets in return 3B Ryan Zimmerman, reliever Jon Rauch and reliever Mike Stanton.

Arizona then sends Stanton to Cincinnati for C Javier Valentin who was very unhappy with the Reds.

The fan reaction to Zimmerman was great as he will jump right into the starting lineup replacing Counsell.

Game #4 The trades didn't pay off in their first game, but we're in it for next year now. We lost 10-4.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #53
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Thre Rockies are in town for 3 games sitting at 48-46 on the year 9 games back, but only 2-7 vs. the D-Backs this year.

Game #1 Haren picks up win number 8 as we cruise to a 13-4 win.

Game #2 In my last game as acting manager Jon Lester leads us to a 16-0 win as he tossed a complete game shutout giving up 4 hits and striking out 7.

In other D-Backs news I have signed a new bench coach. David Santiago signed a 5 year $240,000 contract and promoted current bench coach to manager.

Game #3 we drop the last game of the series 5-7 as Jamry Carroll goes 4 for 5 in the game
Old 02-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #54
SnDvls
Pro Starter

A road trip to Philadelphia is up next for 3 games. The Phillies are 48-50 on the year having a 1-2 record vs. us this year.

Game #1 Webb continues to win as he picks up number 10 in a 6-2 win. Young goes 3 for 5 hitting lead off and hitting a solo lead off HR to start the game.

Game #2 Jimmy Rollins tried to will the Phillies to a win, but our revamped bullpen held the lead and won us the game 8-6

Game #3 we take the series, but fail to get the sweep losing 6-5 just a good effored by the Phillies so no one can take the blame here.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #55
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Another 3-game series another road trip. We make our way to Houston vs the 56-46 Astros. Houston is 2-1 vs. us this year.

Game #1 A pitching battle ends in a loss for us 2-1.

because we are pretty much out of it we've been bombarded with trade requests. Teams are asking for Byrnes & Counsell mostly, but I'm happy with my team right now and see no reason to make anymore more moves this year unless.

Game #2 we battled back down 9-3 to come up just short in a 9-7 loss. The 5 runs given up in the first 2 innings by Arias were just too much to overcome.

Game #3 The Astros sweep us in a 4-2 loss

a 4 game trip vs. the Cubs is up next as the trade deadline comes upon us.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #56
SnDvls
Pro Starter

The Cubs are 0-2 vs us this year and have an overall record of 54-50. The sit 6 games back in 3rd place in the NL Central.

Game #1 Nothing like winning to get the spirits back up. A 5-3 win by Willis brings his record to 9-9 on the year. As the month ends we find ourselves at 48-57 on the year 18 games back of the Dodgers in 3rd place. The Dodgers hold a 13 game lead over Colorado so they will take the NL West unless they choke it down the stretch.

Game #2 Haren has an off night allowing 5 runs in 2 and 2/3 innings as we lose to the Cubs for the first time this year 8-2.

Game #3 Lester pitches us to a nice win over sturggling Cubs pitcher Greg Maddux. Quentin hits 2 HRs in the game to help us earn a 6-5 win.

Game #4 Ryan Dempster throws a 8 inning no-hitter, perfect game...until the Cubs manager pulls him in the 9th to preserver a 1-0 win.

a 6-game homestand is up next with 3 vs. the Astros and Giants each.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #57
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I like the idea of this dynasty. I'll be watching

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #58
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I like the idea of this dynasty. I'll be watching

SI

thanks, I'd appriciate any feedback too. especially once I get into all 4 teams here in a bit.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #59
SnDvls
Pro Starter

MLB League Update

Probally should have done this at the end of July, but August 4th will do.

Starting with the AL

The New York Yankees lead the AL East with a 9.5 game lead over the Baltimore Orioles with the Blue Jays 13.5 back. Both Boston & Tampa Bay are more than 20 games back and all but out of the race for the pennent.

In the AL Central Minnesota has a 12.5 game lead over Kansas City, but Cleveland, Detroit & Chicago are all within 17 games so this one isn't out of reach just yet.

The Angels will have a fight on their hands to maintain their 1 game lead over Seattle. While Texas is 4 back and Oakland is only 5 back.

Seattle currently holds the wildcard spot by a half a game over Baltimore.

In the NL:

Just like the AL West in the NL East Florida has a slim .5 game lead over Atlanta with the Mets 4.5 back, Washington 6.5 back and the Phillies only 9 back so this one will go down to the wire too.

In the NL Central right now it's still a 4 team race as St. Louis has a 4.5 lead over Houston, 7.5 over the Cubs and 8.5 over Milwaukee. Both the Pirates and Reds are 19 or more games back and all but out of it.

Finally, the NL West where the D-Backs reside. The Dodgers sit 12.5 games ahead of Colorado and will probally continue to keep a double diget lead barring a total choke job or major injury bug hitting the team. Arizona sits 18 back followed by the Giants at 19 and the Padres at 20.

In the NL wildcard race Atlanta holds a .5 game lead over Houston.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #60
SnDvls
Pro Starter

A 3-game home stand vs. the Astros heads up next.

Houston is 59-49 overall, but is also 5-1 vs. us this year.

Game #1 Webb picks up win #11 & Hoffman save #21 as we win 10-7. Valverde almost blew it giving up 5 runs in the 8th inning and getting no one out in the process.

Game #2 A gutting come from behind 6-5 win as we had to score 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th to win this one. We did it in pretty dramatic fashion too as Chris Young hit a 3 run HR to end the game.

Game #3 Pedroia goes 3 for 5 as we cruise to an 11-5 win and get a sweep of the Astros.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #61
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Even though the Reds are out of the playoff race, they keep offering me players in trades...again I reject them.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #62
SnDvls
Pro Starter

San Francisco still sits only a game behind me at 51-60, but they have taken 7 of 10 from us this year.

Game #1 A pitchers dual as there was only 7 hits between both teams, but we won 2-1.

Game #2 An 8 run first inning put this one away and we were on cruise control from there on out getting a 12-5 win behind Pedroia going 4 for 5 and a Young grand slam.

Game #3 A 2-1 win as Webb pitched a gem of a game going 8 strong innings and got win #12 and Hoffman save #23

we get a day of rest before hosting Florida for 3 games.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:59 PM   #63
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Florida has a 63-51 record this year and leads the NL East. This is our first meeting this season.

Game #1 Willis goes 9 innings vs. his former team and picks up win #10 on the year with a 11-1 win. Aimmerman had 4 RBIs on 4 of 5 batting. Pedroia did injury his foot and is day-to-day for 2 weeks.

Game #2 My pitching is picking up as we keep a 4-2 win with only Haren and Hoffman.

Game #3 Our 8 game winning steak comes to an end as we lose 9-6. This one falls on Lester who gave up 6 runs in 4 and 1/3 innings.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #64
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Cardinals

It's football season finally. As I watch our young baseball team struggle to .500 football season kicks off.

Let's take a quick look at what the Bidwills have left us to play with.

QB - We have veteran Kurt Warner, rookies Matt Leinart and Freddie Crawford and 2nd year player John Navarre. Leinart has lots of potential as long as he leaves behind his "hollywood perona" in LA. Warner is a solid veteran and could be a starter in this league. Navarre is a good 3rd QB, but if we have to depend on him our season is in the tank. Crawford will be a practice squad player at best.

RB - I have 3 solid backs and an undrafted rookie. Edgerrin James leads the group followd closely by Marcel Shipp & JJ Arrington. Rookie Steven Demar will be lucky to make the team behind these 3.

FB - Obafemi Ayanbadejo is a fun name to say and is an average FB. Rookie Mario Fauria won't do so I might have to see if there is a free agent to be my backup.

TE - Rookie Leonard Pope leads this weak group followd by veterans Nathan Hodel & Adam Bergen.

WR - The strongest position on my team with future All Pros in Larry Fitzgeral & Anquan Boldin locking up the starting spots. Their backups are too bad either with Troy Walters, Bryant Johnson, LeRon McCoy and Todd Watkins looking to contribute just a little bit.

OL - I have an average line that really is pretty young, but only two players probally will be in the league for a long time period. My starting center Alex Stepanovich could be great for us with a decent backup in Nick Leckey. Left Guard is manned by rookie Deuce Lutui and Reggie Wells. Left Tackle had Leonard Davis and Fred Wakefield, two veterans of the league. Right Guard could hurt me with a combination of right tackle. At right guard we have Milford Brown starting with Elton Brown as the backup. Finally, Oliver Ross starts at right tackle with Brandon Gorin as his backup. If the OL can open some holes for the RBs we might not be a one dimensional team.

P & K - Scott Player is one of the best punters, that's good we might be doing a lot of that, and Neil Rackers is a solid kicker.

DL - Chike Okeafor and Bert Berry will both start at DE and should really help the pass rush. They are ahead of Antonio Smith and Will Diaz. Darnell Dockett and Alvin McConnell are my DTs right now, but McConnell doesn't have a firm grasp on the spot as a rookie and could easily be replaced by someone else. Canidates for that other spot are Gabriel Watson, Jon Lewis, Kendrick Clancy and Langston Moore.

LB - The only player who will for sure be starting here is Karlos Dansby, the others, Gerald Hayes, Lance Mitchell, Leland Harmon, Calvin Pace, Darryl Blackstock, Brandon Johnson, James Darling & Orlando Huff will battle it out for the other spots.

DB - A fair group of CBs lead by Antrel Rolle and Eric Green will probally cost us a lot of long passing plays. Their backups are Robert Tate, David Macklin and Matt Ware. At SS we have All Pro Adrian Wilson who unless he gets injured won't be leaving the field for either of the other two players, Jack Brewer or Hanik Milligan. Robert Griffith will be pushed by Aaron Francisco for playing time at FS.

Coaches - Head Coach Kent Sinclair has a 2-year contract to right the ship in Arizona although his reputation isn't great so I doubt he'll get both years.

OC - Jerome Gomez also has a 2 year deal and is average for an Offensive Coordinator...guess it goes along with the Bidwills spending in the past.

DC - Ricky Phelps is even worse and has a 3-year contract.

Lead Scout - Mitch Humphries has a 5-year deal and just like everyone else on staff he isn't much help.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #65
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Cardinals

We have sold 51,000 tickets out of a capacity of 70,000

we don't have a game this first week of the season so our first game is August 19th.

Last edited by SnDvls : 02-27-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #66
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Diamondbacks

Back to the baseball team as we travel to Colorado for a 4-game series vs. the Rockies.

Colorado is now in 3rd place in the NL West, we are in second with a 1 game lead over the Rockies. Colorado has a 56-61 record and is 3-9 vs us this year.

Game #1 Webb pitches all 9 innings giving up only 2 runs as the bats allowed him to stay in the game. 7-2 was the final score as Drew hit a 3 run HR in the 2nd to pace us to the win.

Game #2 What was heading to a 4-3 win in 9 innings ended up a 6-5 loss in 12 innings. Todd Jones gave up the tying run in the 7th and after scoring one in the top of the 12th we gave up 2 in the bottom of the inning to drop the game.

Game #3 After going down 3-1 in the 1st we rallied to win this game behind Willis' arm and won 9-6.

Game #4 Aaron Cook had our number today as we lost 12-0 and only got 4 hits.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #67
SnDvls
Pro Starter

San Diego is our next 3-game road trip. The Padres are 56-65 on the year and 4-2 vs us.

We actually have an outside shot at the wildcard spot as we are only 6.5 games out of it.

Game #1 A total team efforf behind the arm of Lester as we win 5-2

Game #2 Peavy outduals Webb 6-3 and Cirillo goes 4 for 4 on the day.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #68
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Cardinals

(note: in pre season I'm not going to go too much into detail)

Pre-season game #1 vs. Pittsburg

Turnovers decided this game as Pittsburg had 3 and we had none. We only rushed for 73 yards on 26 attempts, but our passing game kept us moving the ball as we had 227 yards in the air on 24 of 43 passing. The game moved back and forth as we scored first on a E. James 8 yard reception for a TD in the 2nd quarter. The Steelers answered back with their own passing TD. We then added a Rackers 28-yard FG to hold the lead for a bit. Pittsburg got their own FG to tie the game again to only see Rackers kick his second FG with just over 2 mins left in the game to be the game winner 13-10.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #69
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Diamondbakcs

Game #3 An extra innnig one run game that the new and improved Bullpen holds onto. We win 5-4 in 11 innings after giving up 4 runs in the bottom of the 2nd inning.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #70
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Another Divisional road series this time in San Francisco. The Giants are 53-71 and in last place in the division, but they have a 7-6 head-to-head record vs us this year.

Game #1 Willis picks up win #12 and helps us to a 9-3 win.

Game #2 The one run extra inning bug is back and we drop this one 4-3 in 12 innings. We almost snuck it out, but not quite.

Game #3 We were so close to reaching .500 until back-to-back losses. An 11-3 loss hurts because we gave up 2 runs in each of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th and 8th innings.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #71
SnDvls
Pro Starter

The Mets and Rangers have offered me trades for Chris Snyder in the last few days. I reject them all as nothing of value is offered in return and Snyder is a fairly decent catcher.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:37 PM   #72
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'm only 5.5 games out of the wildcard spot and 18 back of the Dodgers who come to town sporting an 80-47 record. They have a 7-5 record vs us this year and this series will feature both teams 1-3 pitchers.

Game #1 The battle between Penny & Webb goes to Penny as Webb only lasts 3 innings giving up 5 runs in a 10-7 loss.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #73
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Saturday August 26,2006

Diamondbacks

Game #2 vs. LA Dodgers - A much better battle and a better result for us. Willis goes 6 innnigs giving up 2 runs vs Billingsley who went 7 with 3 runs. The outcome was decided on a Gonzalez grand slam in the 8th off giving us a 7-2 win.

Cardinals

Preseason Game #2 at New England - Neil Rackers was the difference again for the 2nd straight week. The teams traded TDs and were tied at the half 14-14 until Rackers added a 52-yard FG in the 3rd quarter and 2 4th quarter FGs to push us to the 23-14 win. We again struggled to run the ball with only 79 yards on 23 attempts, but the passing game was still good for 216 yards.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #74
SnDvls
Pro Starter

August 27,2006

Diamondbacks

Game #3 vs LA Dodgers - A 5-3 loss isn't the biggest news of the day. We lost Counsell for 4 weeks due to a broken hand. I decide to place him in the 15 day DL and bring back up from AAA Brent Mosley. In the game we came back to tie the game down 3-1 in the bottom of the 9th, but gave up 2 runs in the 12th to lose.

Next up is a 3 game homestand vs San Diego.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:37 PM   #75
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Aug 28 & 29, 2006

Diamondbacks

San Diego is 59-71 on the year and are on a 3 game losing streak. Against us they are 5-4.

Game #1 Lester pitches a gem of a game and our bats got hot at the right time as we win 10-4

Game #2 It seems lately if we lose a game we also lose a player. This time it's reliver Jon Rauch who pulled a back muscle and is out for 2 weeks (a 15-day DL stint for him too) and a 7-2 loss as Claudio Vargas kept our batters off balance all night. I call up AAA pitcher Tony Pena.

Backup catcher Javier Valentin is mad that he's not starting and demands a trade. He's got another year on his deal and I'm not looking to move him so I guess I'll have to deal with him for the rest of the year.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #76
SnDvls
Pro Starter

August 30, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #3 vs San Diego - we end the series getting shelled by the Padres 12-2. None of my pitchers were effective and Peavy was awesome for San Diego. We get the last day of the month off before heading down the home stretch starting with a 3 game road series at Washington.

Coyotes

NHL season begins on October 5th so I have some work to do before then. I'm the least familer with hockey fo the big 4 sports so that's my biggest challenge.

Robert Sarver just expects me to improve my roster this year. If he looks at the Diamondbacks as an example I should be okay .

Currently on the team I have a few stars to build around and a few good young players too.

G- Curtis Joseph is a very good, but older goalie who should save a lot of shots for us. David LeNeveu is his young backup

Defensemen - This unit is lead by Ed Jovanovski and has several quality players rounding out the team.

Forwards - Captain Shane Doan leads this group and is one of the best RWs in the game. He has lots of help up here with the likes of Jeremy Roenick, Mike Ricci, Tyson Nash and Ladislav Nagy.

I have a preseason game on September 17th vs. Nashville as my first step as GM of the Phoenix Coyotes.

Coaches -

Head Coach - Wayne Gretzky was probally the best NHL player ever, we'll see if he's even a half way decent coach. He has the skills to do it, but has surrounded himself with alot of his friends and if they fail he fails too.

Asst. Coaches - Grant Fuhr, Ulf Samuelsson & Barry Smith round out Gretzky's crew of friends that will help him out.

Head Scout - Greg Malone has a keen eye for talent and he has 10 other scouts below him to get us some players here in Phoenix.

Last edited by SnDvls : 02-28-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:38 PM   #77
SnDvls
Pro Starter

August 31,2006

No news

September 1, 2006

Diamondbacks

Roster expansion has happened so I call up several players to help in the playoff push; SS Augusto Gomez, and pitchers Juan Mateo and John Puckett.

We begin a 6 game road trip with a 3-game series vs. Washington then a 3-game series vs. Florida. This is our first meeting vs. Washington. There is no way we can win the NL West, but we still have an outside shot at the wild card.

Game #1 vs. Washington - Haren pitches a gem of a game and leads us to a 5-3 win.

Coyotes

We've decided to see what this team shows us in the pre-season before making any moves.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #78
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Saturday September 2, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #2 vs Washington - Jon Lester gets hammered for 4 runs in 4 innings and we lose 8-1.

Orlando Hernandez is all healed up and ready to come off the DL so Lester can be replaced in the starting rotation. Maybe Lester will get some confience back coming out of the bullpen.

Cardinals

Preseason Game #3 at Chicago - Well Neil Rackers has gotten the most preseason work and is already in midseason form. This was an ugly game to watch. Chicago kicker Robbie Gould kicked 3 FGs and an extra point off a Cedric Benson rushing TD to give the Bears 16 points, but all we could muster is a 40-yard FG by Rackers. Niether of the QBs who played for us (Leinart & Navarre) were any good going a combined 17 of 47 and 3 INTs thus the Bears keyed in on our rushing attack allowing only 47 yards. One more preseason game left next week.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #79
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Sep 3, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #3 at Washington - My starting pitching seems to be having trouble getting out of the 4th inning as Willis struggled this time. David Wells, whom I traded to Washington a few months ago had us figured out though and got the 5-3 win and hurt our wildcard shot even more. We now sit 8 games out of the wildcard and are a big longshot.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #80
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Monday Sept 4, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #1 at Florida - It's Webb's turn to get killed by the other team and he didn't even make it out of the 1st inning as we lose 7-3. Brent Mosley was also injured for 2 weeks and placed on the DL.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #81
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Tuesday September 5, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #2 at Florida - The losing streak reaches 4 games as we lose 9-6, but Orlando Hernandez in his first game back goes longer than 4 innings so thats a bright spot.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #82
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Wednesday September 6,2006

Diamondbacks

Game #3 at Florida - My Bullpen gets in on the blowing the game deal as they cough up 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th to lose 7-6.

Next up is a 10-game homestand; 4 vs. St. Louis, and 3 vs Washington and Colorado each.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:24 AM   #83
SnDvls
Pro Starter

September 7th

Diamondbacks

Game #1 vs St. Louis - Hoffman blew the game in the top of the 9th and we lost again 10-9. Our pitching staff is in a major slump right now.

Sept 8, 2006

Game #2 vs St Louis - The starting pitching is kept us in the game, but we still lose 6-4 and our losing streak hits 7 games.

Sept 9, 2006

Game #3 vs St Louis - The slump is over as Webb pitches us to a 6-2 win. We have fallen to 4th in the division however, and there is no hope of getting the wildcard for sure now.

Cardinals

Preseason game #4 vs Denver - What a great way to close out the preseason shutting out the Broncos 23-0, but Rackers scored 11 of those points on 3 FGs and 2 XPs. Next week we start the regular season in division vs. the 49ers.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:35 AM   #84
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Sunday September 10, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #4 vs St Louis - Hernandez has another good outing leading us to a 9-3 win.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #85
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Monday September 11, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #1 vs Washington - Haren regains his form throwing 7 shutout innings as we win 7-0

September 12, 2006

Game #2 vs Washington - Hoffman blew another save giving up 2 runs in the top of the 9th to cost us the win 6-5

September 13, 2006

Game #3 vs Washington - Willis has gone 6-3 for us since the trade and picked up win # 7 today as we held on to win 4-3. Better yet David Wells suffers the loss.

Jon Rauch came off the DL today too.

Last edited by SnDvls : 03-11-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #86
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Friday September 15,2006

Diamondbacks

After enjoying a day off the Rockies come to town for 3 games

Game #1 vs Colorado - Good news we won 6-3. Bad news...we lost Brandon Webb for 7 months due to a ruptured disk in his back. Ouch!!

Coyotes

Training camp has started for the 'Yotes

Cardinals

We make a minor trade. We send a 6th round pick in 2009 to Oakland for QB Andrew Walter. Walter will be our 3rd string QB while John Navarre will be the man on the inactive list now.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #87
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Saturday September 16, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #2 vs Colorado - Since coming back from his injury Orlando Hernandez has pitched 3 great games including this one. He allowed only 1 run in 6 plus innings of work and we win 4-3.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #88
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Sunday September 17, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #3 vs Colorado - We battled back to score 4 runs in the 9th inning to send this game to extra innings, but the Rockies got the better of us in 11 innings 9-6.

Cardinals

Game #1 vs San Francisco - Well if it weren't for all the preseason practice Rackers got we might have lost this game. Our team started out strong with 2 rushing TDs one by Edgerrin James and the next followed up by Marcel Shipp to give us a 14-0 lead at the end of the 1st quarter. At halftime we lead 17-14 and never looked back as we added a Kurt Warner TD pass and 2 more Rackers FGs to win the game 30-21.

Coyotes

In our first exibition game we killed the Nashville Predators 6-2 as both Laraque and Nagy got 2 goals each.

Last edited by SnDvls : 05-12-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #89
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Tuesday September 19, 2006

Diamondbacks

A three game series vs the Padres starts today. We're still in the wildcard race, but I don't see us taking it.

Game #1 vs San Diego - Jon Lester pitches 8 innings giving up only one run and our bats go off on Claudio Vargas as we pick up the win 10-1. Chris Young has extended his hitting streak to 20 games as well.

Last edited by SnDvls : 05-12-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #90
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Wednesday September 20, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #2 vs San Diego - Jake Peavy was hot tonight as he turned the tables on us in a 10-1 loss and Chris Young's hitting streak came to an end as well. The rubber match is next.

Last edited by SnDvls : 05-12-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Been a while!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #92
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Thursday September 21, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #3 vs San Diego - A nice bounce back win 6-2 over San Diego, but we lost Orlando Hernandez for 2 weeks with an injury.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #93
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Friday September 22, 2006

Diamondbacks

After closing out the three game series at San Diego we travel up to face the LA Dodgers in 3 games.

Game #1 at Los Angeles - Dan Haren pitches 8 shutout innings and we pull off the win 1-0.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #94
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Saturday September 23, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #2 at Los Angeles - Derek Lowe controls us in the game and our depleated pitching staff gives up 6 runs as we lose 6-4.

Coyotes

In a weird quirk we go almost a week between exibition games. We invite the Ottawa Senators to Glendale and send them home with a 5-2 loss.

The NHL preview came out and we are predicted to be the 20th best team in the league....out of 30. The Devils are expected to win the cup this year.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #95
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Sunday September 24, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #3 at Los Angeles - Jon Lester pitched well for us in the 3-0 loss, but the Dodgers are just too good. Odalis Perez was lost by LA for the year, it will really hurt them in the playoffs as he was 20-3 on the year.

Cardinals

Game #2 at Seattle (0-1) - It was a tough loss for Seattle as they had a 17-13 lead at halftime and the looked ahead for their first win of the year, but it wasn't ment to be. After both teams scored again it was 20-20 heading into the fourth quarter. Both teams got TD passes, but Neil Rackers was our MVP hitting the game winning 26-yard FG with 2:44 left in the game. A fumble by Seattle almost sealed it, but we missed another FG to give the Seahawks the ball back with 1:05 left. Matt Hasselbeck threw his lone interception of the game with 5 seconds left to preserve the win for us. Pope, Fitzgerald and Boldin all had recieving TDs and Warner went 21 of 32 for 285 yards with 3 TD and 1 INT. James rushed for 141 yards on 24 carries.

Coyotes

The Atlanta Thrashers came to town for our third exibition game and left with a 4-1 loss. If we play as well in the regular season as we do in the exibition season we'll make the playoffs.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #96
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Sunday September 24, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #3 at Los Angeles - Jon Lester pitched well for us in the 3-0 loss, but the Dodgers are just too good. Odalis Perez was lost by LA for the year, it will really hurt them in the playoffs as he was 20-3 on the year.

Cardinals

Game #2 at Seattle (0-1) - It was a tough loss for Seattle as they had a 17-13 lead at halftime and the looked ahead for their first win of the year, but it wasn't ment to be. After both teams scored again it was 20-20 heading into the fourth quarter. Both teams got TD passes, but Neil Rackers was our MVP hitting the game winning 26-yard FG with 2:44 left in the game. A fumble by Seattle almost sealed it, but we missed another FG to give the Seahawks the ball back with 1:05 left. Matt Hasselbeck threw his lone interception of the game with 5 seconds left to preserve the win for us. Pope, Fitzgerald and Boldin all had recieving TDs and Warner went 21 of 32 for 285 yards with 3 TD and 1 INT. James rushed for 141 yards on 24 carries.

Coyotes

The Atlanta Thrashers came to town for our third exibition game and left with a 4-1 loss. If we play as well in the regular season as we do in the exibition season we'll make the playoffs.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #97
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Been a while!

ya the twins are almost 1 so it's getting tougher, but I'm trying to get back into it.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I understand!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #99
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Monday September 25, 2006

Diamondbacks

We sit 8.5 games out of the wildcard spot, but there are only 7 games left so we are out of it. The Cubs, Marlins & Braves all are tied for the wildcard spot, but either the Marlins or Braves will win the NL East, most likely. The Mets do sit 2.5 games behind the Marlins and Braves so they have an outside shot at the wildcard or the NL East as well. The Cardinals' magic number is 2 with a 5.5 game lead over the Cubs and the Dodgers clinced a long time ago. In the AL the Yankees and Twins have clinched with the Mariners' magic number at 3 and a 4.5 game lead over the Angles. The Royals will probally lock up the AL Wild Card with a 4.5 game lead over the Tigers in that race.

Our last road trip of the year vs. the Giants for three games.

Game #1 at San Francisco - It's nice to finish strong even against a poor team. We win 6-3.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:29 PM   #100
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Tuesday September 26, 2006

Diamondbacks

Game #2 at San Francisco - Not what I wanted to see in game number two as Dontrel Willis gives up 6 runs and we get no runs in a 6-0 loss.

Coyotes

another exibition game as we beat the Montreal Canadiens 6-1