Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #51
chesapeake
College Starter

I'm just catching up on this after a week away. Congratulations on a huge achievement!

chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #52
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

December 2016

Thank you all for your kind words. I wish I could acknowledge you all individually, but I have a lot to say, so let's get to it.

December 2016

Time to clear up some loose ends. First the honors:

* Our regular jockey Rob Bohanon was the #2 jockey in wins (126) and money earned ($7,595,950). Considering he had over 100 fewer races than the #1 guy, it seems clear who the best jockey in Kentucky was. Mr. Bohanon was tied for 8th in national jockey wins. Here's the full chart for those who enjoy that sort of thing:

Notice also that Jim Latham, our backup jockey, was #13 in wins and #12 in money earned. We expect to receive a Christmas card from him this year.

* Our trainer Kevin Beard was #2 in Kentucky in wins (114), but #1 where it counts ($9,058,530). About 10% of the wins and 20% of the prize money came from our horses, so we expect to receive a Christmas card from him too. He was 4th in the nation in trainer wins. There's a chart for that too:

* Our record for the year was 38-11-7-7 $1,777,080. That was good for a tie for 51st in owner wins in Kentucky, but we had far fewer starts than anyone with more wins. We ranked #8 in KY in purses and made the national charts for the first time at #25. Not a bad year, I'd say. Chart? Of course!

* ROUND AND ROUND was #14 in earnings for all horses nationwide with $1,218,000. Her speed score of 112 stayed in the top 10 turf route scores of the year. Here are those charts:

A curious thing is that 6 of the top 10 were in Florida, and four within three days of each other. I'm thinking either "speed bias" or "dizzy speed rater". Take your pick. The other two tables are of more interest to me than you guys. WALKIN WON is one of the top 25 money earners in the game, though off the chart. His $30k sire fee is certainly reasonable if he can pass on his genes. Keep him in the back of your mind.

* This is the current year's sire chart:

Again, it's of more interest to me than you. But there are a few things worth pointing out. First, this is the chart I rely on heavily in deciding which yearlings to buy. It tells me who's been producing the most turfers, precocious youngsters, and general money earners. If they're producing now, they're likely to produce two years or more down the line. It's worked for me so far... Second, ROUND AND ROUND is by CITY LAUGHIN with TREMPOLINO as a broodmare sire. You can see CITY LAUGHIN on the overall money and turf lists; I don't think he's much of a turf sire, so she must have gotten her turf proclivity from the dam side. TREMPOLINO didn't make the screen cap, but he's not too far down the list. IN YOUR DIRECTION's sire (PULPIT) is getting pushed down the lists, as much due to having fewer of his foals out there than having other, better sires out there strutting their stuff. I'M INSANE made minor contributions for his sire (CRYPTO PLAINS) on both the overall and juvenile charts. Third, note that KINGMAMBO can do it all. With a sire fee of $400,000, highest in the game, he'd better.

* The history chart is of more interest to me than you guys, but I'll show you a piece of it anyway:

If your horse finishes 1st or 2nd in a "really big" race, they get listed here for perpetuity. The BC F&M Turf certainly qualifies, as does the Kentucky Jewel (I guess it's the filly counterpart to the Arlington Million, which is actually held in Kentucky since Illinois doesn't exist). The award winners are also listed here. ROUND AND ROUND is the odds-on favorite in one category (Filly & Mare Turf), and has a shot in two others (Older Filly of the Year, Turf Horse of the Year). Since BAG HORN won the Triple Crown, and RESTLESS HUG won the filly equivalent, Horse of the Year is probably out. The awards are handed out at the end of the year, and I'll try to get a screen shot of that.

Anyway, it's on to the auction. There are, as usual, a number of interesting yearlings for sale. We picked up two for the low, low price of $110,000 each. Our colt is named SCENEOFTHECRIME:

You can see FOREST WILDCAT on the list above. OAK STREET ENCORE has been popping out foals for awhile now, with some of minor distinction.

Our filly hope is called YOU'RE IN LOVE:

HENNESSY is also a top sire. FANCY ROW made quite a bit in her race career (I'll have to figure out how sometime; the game doesn't make it very easy...). YOU'RE IN LOVE's older brother, CARPENTER TRICK, made over a million in his career, including some nice graded stakes wins.

Well well. We actually get a bonus horse this year. SWEET CHEATER has given birth to her first yearling. The lucky sire was KENNY'S SENSE, whom I know nothing about, but his $20k sire fee is moderate. The yearling is in the Select group in the auction held on December 20, rather than the main yearling auction held on December 10, where I've previously bought all my other horses. Quickly, I'll make some house rules for progeny of my horses:

1) They can ignore the ordinary stable rules (2 yearlings per year, 6 total)
2) I can pay as much as I like for them. I'll "borrow" money if I don't have it
3) I don't have to buy them
4) I'll treat them just as any other horse. If they're not earning their keep, they'll be shown the door.

This one I definitely want, as you can see from his family tree:

He was pricey and I got in a spirited bidding war with another owner, but I was not to be outbid. He's mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine! He cost a cool $230,000 and I named him OUT OF THE CELLAR.

After paying a $1.7 million dividend, we ended the year with $154,610. Oh, and one more honor for all of us at Blue stables:

We're very proud of the year she had, and we had, and hope to continue it into the next year.

NEXT: Will the next year be as productive as this year has been?

Last edited by Honolulu Blue : 11-21-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #53
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Great dynasty write up. It inspired me to get the game.

Question for you - what resolution do run the game in? The recommended resolution didn't work real well (buttons went black). Other resolutions don't seem to show all the info during the race (fractions, etc are blinking).

Also, the manual mentions horse attributes - can those be viewed or are they hidden?
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #54
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwardzala View Post

Question for you - what resolution do run the game in? The recommended resolution didn't work real well (buttons went black). Other resolutions don't seem to show all the info during the race (fractions, etc are blinking).

Also, the manual mentions horse attributes - can those be viewed or are they hidden?

I contacted support with a problem with it locking up when you choose your silks, they gave me advice I already tried but tried it again and it worked. I guess the third time reinstalling this game is the charm. They seemed like they wanted to help so I'd contact them if it's not resolved soon.

I don't know how I missed this thread, I enjoyed reading it and appreciate the time it must have took.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:08 PM   #55
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Thank you, TCY Junkie. I'm glad you found this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwardzala View Post

I'm running it at 1024 x 768 resolution on my Windows XP system.

All the horse attributes are hidden, so the only way you know if a horse is good on turf (for example) is to run him there. Even then, you still can't be sure. Just like real life.

One thing I forgot is to tell you which horses are in the stable as of the end of the year and their values. So let's do that now:

IN YOUR DIRECTION ($126k to breed) - Sprinter of some quality, can still win a graded stakes under exactly the right conditions. Will try to bring his stud fee up even though I won't directly benefit from it.
ROUND AND ROUND ($436k to breed) - Now that I've found where she fits best, I think she has some more adventures left.
I'M INSANE ($64k) - Looks like a turf sprinter, but perhaps the winter has aided his endurance. We'll see soon enough.
SCENEOFTHECRIME (yearling)
YOU'RE IN LOVE (yearling)
OUT OF THE CELLAR (yearling)

Last edited by Honolulu Blue : 11-22-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #56
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu Blue View Post
Thank you, TCY Junkie. I'm glad you found this thread.

I'm running it at 1028 x 764 resolution on my Windows XP system.

Is there a way to run in windowed mode?
Old 11-22-2009, 06:04 AM   #57
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
Is there a way to run in windowed mode?

No.