Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The BattleTech Dynasty: Chapt 3, Solaris VII, 3040-3042

Hello and welcome to the next chapter of my personal BattleTech Dynasty, the Solaris VII Years. This dynasty is a sequel to the 3039 dynasty, which is itself a sequel to the original BattleTech Dynasty thread.

During the previous ten years, Colonel Braham Essex has built his Kilts and Commandos mercenary command from a mixed reinforced company of mechs, infantry and tanks, and turned it into a regiment of mechs, plus some vehicles and infantry as support.

Although he is still missing pilots for a lot of mechs, many of his units are beginning missions. Instead of joining his men, he is relocating to Solaris VII in order to try his chance at fame and fortune in the mech fields.

One of the driving forces behind Braham is his significant desire for combat, and testing himself. After a crucible of war in 3039, his unit emerged strengthened and solidified. Instead of wanting a break, Essex wants more, and bored with the prospect of largely interchangeable contracts for largely interchangeable people, instead he will, for now, seek out the arenas of Solaris VII.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 09-20-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You can find info about Braham Essex, the people close to him, his home planet, his unit, and more in the previous threads. I am going to skip most of the introductory stuff.

The beginning and first almost decade:

The Battletech Dynasty - Front Office Football Central

The 3039 Wars are accounted for here:

The BattleTech Dynasty: 3039 - Front Office Football Central

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-17-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here is what Braham Essex is bringing with him:

Several techs
One negotiator and organizer

The following mechs:

Atlas
Jenner 7F variant
Orion
Hunchback

The following parts that can be used and scavenged for modifications to normal IS mechs.

2750 Champion RA, H, RL, LL, LT
2750 Sentinel RA, RT, H
Koschei LL
Katana RA, LL
LosTech Dragon 5N H, LL, RL, RA, LA, LT - just parts
I also bring two Medium Pulse Lasers

2 infantry platoons:

Foot Rifle Infantry
Motorized Rifle Infantry

Previously from Phaeton Company, and will help with security and such.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 7, 3039 - We arrive on Solaris VII and we rest a small estate in the International District. I have our negotiator begin to try and find us our first fight. There are a lot of dispossessed mechwarriors here, but unlike them, I have my own mechs.

In the meantime, I begin my modifications. On the flight here, I had my techs whip up some modifications to one of my mechs:

Pull off both SRM4s and ammo and the AC10 and LRM15. I make some changes.

Orion ON1-Abe

4/6 movement
192 points of armor, and extra half ton from the original

Weapons:
2 Medium Lasers, in the CT
AC20 in the RT
LRM10, SRM6 in the LT along with four tons of ammo, 2 for the AC20, and 1 each for the LRM and SRM6
12 heat sinks
CASE in the LT, taken from the parts of one of the LosTech mechs.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 17, 3039 - We get a light mech match in an outside venue. I grab my Jenner variant and head to the King of the Hill arena, a large hill used for mech combat outside the normal area.

June 18, 3039 - Battle day arrives. I randomly roll my foe and get…

A regular pilot in a Stinger. Easy play.

We have painted our mech in a Jolly Roger style paintjob.

Jenner vs Stinger

I don’t see him on the first turn, despite jumping up near to the top.

Two more turns pass and we can’t find each other yet. After a few more turns I find him.

I push him down into the water, and he falls and breaches. Dead mech. Never even hit me once.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-17-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #6
Tellistto
College Prospect

This should be fun to follow. I'm here as always. Good luck!

Tell
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thanks!

Old 10-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 12, 3039 - We get a medium mech battle in The Mud Pit, another arena outside the normal stuff.

My foe is a regular pilot in a Phoenix Hawk, and I am rocking the Hunchy.

Phoenix Hawk vs. Hunchback

Here we go:

After a turn of moving, I move myself 8 spaces away from their Phoenix Hawk in order to fire my weapons at it. My AC20 hits its LT. It hits me with its Large Laser in my CT.

The next turn, I move to stay 9 away from it. Again I hit it in the Left Torso, and it is destroyed, and the LA is on the floor.

We each miss each other.

My AC20 hits it in the RA and destroys it, and it falls down. With no weapons left it surrenders.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-17-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

August 4, 3039 - We get another light mech match for The Arena, a cement laden area with a few destroyed buildings. I accept.

Our foe: veteran pilot in Valkyrie

Valkyrie vs. Jenner

On the first turn, with a torso twist, I manage to get in the Valkyrie’s rear angle and plug four medium lasers into it. Three hit its center torso, and it is dead in the first turn.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:09 AM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

August 8, 3039 - With a 3-0 record, we are starting to get noticed. Let me tell you how Solaris VII works.

You can have one of three statuses. The first is independent, which I currently am. I have my own person sign up our matches, I own my own mechs, techs, security and more.

The second way is through a stable. The best and better mechwarriors are part of a stable. A stable owns mechs, pays you a salary to fight, has connections, training, and support. It takes a cut of your winnings. It can get you the bigger venues and the bigger action more quickly.

The third way is through a cooperative. These are a collection of mechwarriors who pool their mechs and money together and support each other.

Solaris VII has a rating of the top 20 mechwarriors, and they are all in various stables.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:21 AM   #11
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Cool idea, very Justin Zhang :P
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Cool idea, very Justin Zhang :P

Yeah, or even the next generation with Kai.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-18-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, we are not your normal independent. I have financial backing from my unit, multiple mechs that are mine, and everything I need to succeed. However, I would enjoy the contacts that stables have. All stables have affiliations with a Great House. Here are the ones I think I have an inroad with:

Fitzhugh Stables, this Marik affiliated stable is run by a guy from the Duchy of Andurien, and he has strong pro-Andurien sentiments. The current #5 MechWarrior is from their stable. Their standard contract is to take 20% of winnings. He is an okay taskmaster. He doesn’t like it when people break their contract, and he likes to develop close ties with his fighters. They have a rivalry with Bromley Stables.

White Hand Stables - Currently they have the #3 MechWarrior. This is the best Davion affiliated stable out there, it takes 20% cut typically, and it is rated among he highest stables of all. Their contracts tend to be long term and unbreakable. They are known to pamper successful mechwarriors. They have no rivalries.

Starlight Stables - Another Davion stable, this one has the #4 MechWarrior on its roster, as well as the best rating too. 20% is their standard contract, plus the stable master is known as the fairest and most honest of them all. He has a rivalry with Blackstar Stables.

Now, I could try for the others. Perhaps a Pro-Liao stable, or a Pro-Kurita or even a Pro-Steiner one would be okay.

However, of the lot, I think Starlight is my best chance for success.

I request a meet with Tran Ky Bo, stable master of Starlight Stables.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Aug 10, 3040 - Due to the unusual nature of my request, and with a 3-0 record, including two impressive kills under my belt, Tran agrees to see me. He has 19 mechwarriors and 21 mechs right now including #4, Bassem Dichari.

We discuss many things. There is no doubt that I am talented enough to be in his stable. I guarantee him that I am good enough to be in his 19. He accept the claim without question. Where the sticking ground remains is around the issue of mechs, support, salary and cut.

My arrangement is unusual. Usually, an independent is happy to surrender control of their mech to finally join a stable, since it is usually beaten down, half destroyed, and so forth. However, I have four of my own mechs plus my own techs and everything else. I don’t need as much from a stable. He recognizes this. However, he also has to consider his 19. To give me special treatment does not make sense, even though my circumstances are different.

Therefore, we agree to a temporary three month sponsorship. For three months, I am paid no salary and receive no benefits from Starlight, but they agree to get me into some bigger matches. We’ll see how the affiliation goes. And make decisions later.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Aug 21, 3040 - Our first match in a major arena arrives. This is a medium mech match. We will be one of three tickets today in The Factory, an old factory with a lot of junk throughout. Our opponent today will be:

Veteran in a…Centurion, which I actually like for Solaris VII games. Alright, here we go.

Hunchback vs. Centurion

The first couple of turns, I move up into the actual factory building.

We finally see our foe. We are on the upper floor of the factory, and the Centurion is on the ground. He hits me for 5 damage with a glancing blow from the AC10.

Everybody misses,

They hit my CT for 10 with the AC10 and an LRM pings me for 6. Then my AC20 hits its CT and goes internal. It falls down.

It stands up and tries to hide, but I move to the edge and find it. My AC20 hits its RT, ignites its ammo and it explodes.

Dead Centurion.

Winnings: 250,000

I am now elite again.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-18-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #16
Tellistto
College Prospect

Woot, good showing!

Tell
Old 10-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thanks!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sept 13, 3040 - We get a heavy mech match with another opponent, and this one will be in The Coliseum. Each time you play in this, they lift up the pillars in different patterns, so the arena changes its configuration. We will be using the modified Orion.

They are elite and in a Warhammer. The battle value favors them. The Coliseum is laid out in an X with some huge pillars blocked off certain routes.

We run into each other immediately. I hit him with an AC20 in one of his legs. He hits me with both PPCs in the RT and CT.

My Ac20 hits his RT. A medium Laser and SRM6 both follow. He misses me.

I slip behind a wall and deheat.

I walk around the corner and almost run into him. I alpha strike him with everything but the LRM10. I hit his RT with my AC20 again, and it blows off, dropping his RA.

He moves first, and to somewhere I can’t see him. And I stand still in order to deheat.

I almost run into him again. I again alpha straike unload on him. A lot o fdamage is dealt. He hits me with a PPC, medium and small laser.

We lose each other for two turns over the wall before I come around a corner and find him. I hit his gyro twice and engine one, and he is now a dead mech, so he surrenders.

Victoire.

Winnings: 300,000

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-19-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:11 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct 17, 3039 - We have our final bout, a light mech match in the Coliseum again.

There are only five major arenas, one for each house. The Factory, The Jungle, The Coliseum, Ishiyama and the Davion Holographic Arena.

My foe is an elite Spider pilot.

Jenner Spider

I manage to run my Jenner behind their Spider, but it jumped 7, so it will still be hard to hit. I go internal in the RT and hit two jump jets. I then kick it, go internal, and hit a hip actuator.

It jumps away and I can’t find it this turn.

After four turns of cat and mouse, I finally find it. I hit two more leg actuaords and it falls.

I Alpha strike it and destroys its right arm and two mor ejump jets.

I am massively overheat, so I just base it, ge hit byu both medium lasers, I trip it, but oit fails to fall. I destroys its LT, RA and it faills, and the pilot blacks out.

Victoire.

Winnings: 300,000

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-19-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct 21, 3040 - I am now 6-0, with three wins in the major arenas. People want to see the guy who runs a mercenary regiment here, fighting for fun. After a long conversation with Tran, we sign the following contract.

I get paid no salary
I do not use Starlight Stables techs or equipment
They protect me from other stables and the mob
They use their contacts in order to get me matches
They get 10% of my winnings

If I need to use one of their mehcs for a reason (for example, if I am in a arena where my mechs suck) then we default to a different contract with 30% of winnings theirs, instead of the normal 20.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:17 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October 31, 3040 - The Hallows Eve Grand Melee is today. This is open to five mechwarriors from each stable, using any mech they want, in The Jungle. This is a dense jungle area. Starlight agrees to send me after I defeat two of their better MWs in simulations.

What happens is each stable’s five are entered into a random drawing. Then one random MechWarrior from each stable is pulled out for round one. Round one will see one random MechWarrior from each of the 12 major stables fight in a grand melee. Then Round two, three, four and five will put random pairings. At the end, the five winners will go into their own grand melee to determine an ultimate champion.

The prize is 5 million C-Bills.

The major Mechwarriors do not participate in this. If you are in the Top 20, or right behind it, you have nothing to gain by this, but a lot to lose.

Due to the denseness of the Jungle, I am considered about going with what people might expect, my Atlas. It’s LRM20 is useless here. But it has a lot of armor. It’s also slow. Still, other folks will be regularly taking the heavy stuff, and I‘m not going to be able to get away with my Jenner.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #22
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Good luck with the Melee!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 AM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thanks! I actually started it last night and then suspended it until tonight because it was taking so long.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here we go:

We are drawn as the Starlight rep in Round 1.

This is going to be awesome, I hope.

I don’t even know if this will work on MegaMek or not. Guess I’m about to find out.

Looks like the most # of teams I can have is five. Suck.

Alright, let me think of a new way to configure this.

All 12 are here, but instead of a Grand Melee a few are randomly assigned partners.

Wait, maybe I can assign them all no team. Perhaps that will work, let’s find out.

Here are our foes:

White Hand, elite, Awesome
Blacklight, elite, edge: 1, BattleMaster
Bromley, elite, Banshee
Delon, veteran, Atlas
Fitzhugh, elite, edge: 1, Stalker
Lion City, elite, Warhammer 6L
Oonthrax, veteran, Crusader
Overlord, elite, Goliath
Silver Dragon, elite, Daboku
Tandrek, elite, melee specialist, Quickdraw 5A
Zelazni, elite, BattlemASter

I like the Tandrek pilot’s Qucikdraw in theory, because it has a ton of medium lasers and an SRM and fast movement for the map, but it has uh light armor. Still, I respect someone trying to play the arena instead of playing the opponent.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We begin in the NW corner by the White Hand Awesome, both BattleMasters and the Quickdraw.

We will be going second to last in the turn order.

Here we go.

The other Atlas is out by itself, so they are not even distribution. We got the heavy end of the area. I actually like my Atlas where it is so I don’t move. I fire at the Awesome. Get this, my AC20 hit sthe Awesome in the head, but its just a glancing blow, but the critical hits is sensors.

Round two is here. We are moving third to last in this round - tactical genius here is brilliant. I use my stationary, hide behind trees again. Oh, by the way, this Jungle is not Double Blind, you know where everybody is at all times for the grand melee here. The Zelazni BattleMaster is getting savaged by the Blacklight Bm. Get this, I do 16 damage with my LRM 20 to the Awesome, and the final point of damage goes to the head, with just 2 points left in internal strucutre. That guys has survived twice due to luck. The Awesome pilot blocks out. Both the savaged Zelazni BM and the Awesome fall down.

I am moving 4th this turn, and I found the weakness of Tactical Genius. Then I roll a tie, we rell al of the tie,s and the game only allows me to reroll the tied reoll when that happens. I rolled a 4 and tied someone else, and then I rolled a 7. I can only reroll that 7, not my initial 4, but in real BattleTech I could do that. As such, I am going 4th. I hold my ground. Our rival, the Blacklight BM moves t wards me. The Quickdraw destroys the Zelazni’s Bms RL. I dice into the Blacklight BM and hit its PPC. The Awesome pilot wakes up, the Zelazni one stays sleeping.

I am in the middle of the pack this turn. The Awesome rises. The mor eI play on this map the more I like the Quickdraw choice. The Awesome and Blacklight BM keep bumping each other. More damage getting dealt. Zelazni pilot still asleep.

I am 3rd ot last this turn. The Zelazni BM loses its RT from the Awesome’s PPCs. The Awesome falls under the onslaught of the Blacklight BM. Zelazni pilot still out.

Middle of the pack this turn. I move into some woods. The Awesome rises I destroy the Blacklight’s RA. It destroys the Awesome’s CT. Their Goliaths hit’s the engine twice on the Zelazni BM who remains out.

3rd to last again. The Goliath destroys the Zelazni;s engine and gets that kill. My AC20 hits their BattleMaster in the CT.

Middle of the Pack. I take a bunch from their BM and I miss with my big weapons. Ammo is starting to become a concern. The Banshee falls.

4th to move this turn. I have to move up. I use another load of precious ammo and crack open the BM’s CT and hit its engine and gyro each once. It falls.

I get a move just after Blacklight. They either fail to stand or could not stand. I move to where I can kick it. I want to save my ammo and just use my med lasers and feet. The Goliath and Daboku are taking hsots at me this turn. Yuck. I kick it in the RT< it is destroyed, and then the damage goes to its CT and it is destroyed. I killed the Blacklight mech, our stable’s rival.

I move my Atlas back into trees. There is still, on thie field, an undamaged Atlas just firing LRMs at people. The Banshee hit’s the Stalkers engoine and gryo once each.

That Atlas fires its LRM20 on me after moving to get me in its sights. It misses. The Daboku hits the Crusader’s hip and the Crusader falls.

I move first this time - ugh. The following mechs are still pristine - Quickshot, Atlas, Daboku, Goliath. The Goliath and Daboku started in the same corner and have never attacked each other. Maybe they agreed to a temporary truce. Someone actually tacks the Qucikdraw this turn. The Warhammer and banshee hammer the Crusader and it falls again.

Their banshee is firing at me. It misses.

I start moving to a new location. The Banshee again fires at me. It hits me with a PPC.

I move into some woods. The Warhammer destroys the Crusade’s LL. The Daboku fires at me.

I move again, I am almost at my target. The Warhamer hit’s the Stalker in the head with its PPC but does not take it off.

I move and I am now, officially, in one of the few patches of heavy woods in my area. I am along side a stream. I think the Q Draw might jump and base me though, we’ll see. Their Banshee is still firing at me, and its pissing me off. Especially since the Daboku is firing at the Banshee with everything its got.

I move last this turn. I use one of my 5 loads of LRM 20 ammo on the Daboku. Someone;s got to take it down. I miss, rolling a 4. Grrr.

We move last. Let’s do an ammo check. 4 shots of AC20, 4 shots of LRM20, 7 of SRM6. I gotta hold onto it. How about others? The Daboku has 6 shots of LRM10 left, and is using them twice a turn. Three turns left. AC5 is out on the Banshee. Goliath has 2 rounds of LRM10 left, and those are both used this turn my guess is. Stalke rhas 5 loads left and two launchers too. That makes the opposing Atlas, Quickdraw and Warhammer the most dangerous mechs left. Stalker destroys the Banshee’s RA>

The opposing Atlas is now out of LRm20 ammo. The Banshee destroys the Crusader’s LL.

I try to set some forests on fire in front of me. Success.

Another round arrives. This is the 27th round. The Goliath and Atlas are still untouched. They are just standing there, and no one is challenging either one. Actually the Daboiku just used its awesome range to attack ther Atlas with its four AC2.

At round 30, the rule change to encourgae people to move it and attack, but for now, peopel are still playing cautious nancy.

The Goliath finally fired at the Daboku and hit it with a PPC.

Round 30 is here, at the end of this round, a slight rule change occurs. Another PPC hit by the Goliath.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Banshee and Crusader are deemed defeated. The remaining mechs are moves to a short range map to duke it out. Armor is stapled onto the mechs , ammo is still depleted.

The last 7 are now fighting in a smaller section of the jungle. It’s a little mor eopen too.

Here we go.

Remmebr, a lot of mechs are missing ammo, but everyone is rearmored. This favors mechs like the Warhammer, Atlas, and Quickdraw. The Goliath gets a through armor critical on the Daboku;s empty LRM10 ammo slot. The DeLon Atlas charged into the middle and took a lot of damahge. I diced some lasers into the Quickdraw. The pilot goes unconscious.

The RL of the Quikcdraw is destroyed by the DeLon Atlas. Pilot still out.

I go 2nd to last. I send a couple of Mls the Atlas’s way. The Atlas destroys the Quickdraw’s RA. Quickdraw pilot awakens.

I run into the Atlas’s rear arc while it concentrates on the Quickdraw. I use a precious AC20 shot. Their Atlas destroys the Qucikshot. My AC20 hits their RT and hits its AC20, knocking it out. That;s some irony.

I move into the woods, still behind their Atlas. The Daboku hit’s the Goliaths head with its Large Laser and shears it off. Dead Goliath.

I move into the rear arc again. I miss three 6s

I still manage to move into its rear arc. I hits its SRM6.

It backs up against the area barrier and I cannot back attack it this round. The only weapons it has left are two medium lasers to the front and two to the back. The Warhammers hits the Daboku;s engine twice.

They have to move their Atlas, and again I walk behind. The Warhammer punches the Daboku in the head and it dies.

Mechsleft: Me, Delon Atlas, Stalker, Warhammer

Back arc again. I hit a Medium laser and the LRM20. I kick it and it takes 20 to its leg.

I move behind it again, but farther away, because I want to start getting close to the Stalker. That is the next natural target. I destroy the Atlas’s LA.

This time I go in front and above their Alas, since they have just one forward facing laser. Eveyrbody exchanges fire. Then I kick and kick the Atlas’s head, dealing 20 to hit. Dead Atlas, and dead MechWarrior. That’s going to piss off DeLon.

And then there were three.

I am in the Stalker’s rear arc. It fires at me, and I use some of my precious ammo on it. AC20 and LRM20 both miss, Argh.

I run up to their Stalker. We need to finish this. It hit it hard with AC20, SRM6, and medium lasers. I take out an SRM6. I take some serious damage back though. I kick it, dealing 20 to its RL.

I run behind its back. I kick it in the leg and it takes another 20.

I get behind it again. I am just firing lasers at it, saving my ammo for the Warhammer. I kick and destroys its RL.

The Stalker manages to stand back up. It alpha strikes me and does a ton of dmagae to me. It fall sback down under damage from me and the Warhammer though. I kick it and destroy its LA and LT.

I ignite the Stalker’s ammo and it explode.s Just me and the Warhammer left.

I fire at it, even with my AC20. It hit’s the mech;s CT and cracks it open. One each engine and a gyro hit. It falls.

It stands and I move closer. I fire my last round of AC20 ammo. It hit’s and destroys the LT.

The Warhammers runs to me, but I sidestep to its left side. We smash each othe rwith a lot of damage and both manage to stay standing. I kick and miss.

It tries to run through woods, and I follow as best I can. A medium laser of mine darts out, hit sits CT, and destroys the section. The Warhammer is toast, and I have win the first round.

I also gained Edge: 4.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The other winners are:

Overlord, elite, edge: 2, BattleMaster 1S
White Hand, elite, laser specialist, Warhammer 6D
Tandrek, elite, Atlas
Silver Dragon, elite, edge: 1, Awesome

All of our mechs have been repaired, rearmed and rearmored.

We are playing again on the smaller map.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-22-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #28
Tellistto
College Prospect

Nice job, now to kick the rest of their asses!

Tell
Old 10-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #29
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Wow that was a long fight. Grats.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My longest ever, and I just finished the finals.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:46 PM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I begin in the same corner as before, the NW one. They start slugging each other but I am in thick woods where I started.

I begin to move out. I fire at their BattleMaster.

Their Atlas falls after taking a ton of damage.

I make a major move to get me in firing range, but also expose me. I need four 7s for AC20, SRM6 and two Mls and I miss every one. Their Awesome took the Warhammer ot the edge of the field, and then pushed it off. The Warhammer is out for going past the boundaries. Smart.

Their Atlas destroys the BM’s RA> Both myself and the BM open up on the Atlas. You’re going to love this. The Atlas punches the Battlemaster and hit’s its ammo, boom! Meanwhile, eh BM kicked the Atlas and hit two leg actuators, and it falls hard.

And then there were three.

I run over to the Atlas. It fails ot stand, falls and hits both its LRM20 and SRM6. AC20 destroys its LL.

It can’t stand, I destroys its LT. Then I kick it and destroys its CT.

Just me and the Awesome.

It hits me three times, and I miss with my LRM20. I need to close fast.

We miss each other.

We are behind ahill

Woods in the way.

I Alpha Strike it, even with m yLRM20, and destroys its RA after my AC20 softened it up and the LRM and Medium laser followed.

I hit a PPC in its left torso. That leaves it just one PPC and a small laser.

I tear into it again.

My AC20 hits its CT and it is destroyed. Dead Awesome/

Prize, 5,000,000 C Bills, 4,500,000 after cut is taken.

I gain a piloting skill. I am again at maximum. This is where I was at before the accident.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

November 20, 3040 - After much celebration, I have my next match, a heavy mech fight in the Factory. I take my Orion.

My opponent is elite from Lion City, and is piloting a Marauder MAD-5R-2W rare variant. It pulls off most of the weaponry for three large lasers, 24 heat sinks to disperse them all, two mediums. No AC5 ammo issues, unlike many other MADs. In fact, no ammo issues at all.

Orion Marauder

My opponent is quite elite, with two edge and gunnery laser. After my win, the good pilots are gunning for me.

I spend 6 turns hunting for my foe before I find her,

My AC20 hits her head, but it is relolled with edge and hits her LL instead. I get hit with all three large lasers.

My AC20 cracks open its RT and hit’s a large laser.

AC20 to its LA. It hits me with every laser it has. It falls, I do not.

I alpha strike it,It hits me with every laser again. Nether of us fall. I kickjit for another r15, and it is still standing.

She tries to run but she is smart and keeps her back to the factory wall. I close. My LA is pened up and almost gone. I miss. I kick her and destroy her LL. She tumbles.

She gets up. I Alpha stike her an destroys her LA, RA and RT. She falls again.

Without any weapons, she signals her surrender before I get a chance to kick her.

I get 450,000 after take.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-23-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nov 23, 3040 - I find out that the MechWarrior pilot in the Atlas whose head I decimated and killed was Jason Vinson. Why is that important? Because he was the son of Pada Vinson, CO of Vinson’s Vigilantes, a mercenary group we’ve had a few run ins with before. You might recall us kicking their ass once in Galaport, capital of Galatea. They also were one of the mercenary commands to take advantage of the Free Rasalhague Republic during its nascent stage, when we helped the Rasalhague people. Just recently, they complained because they were not given the prime salvage during the War of 3039 while operating of the allies in Drac territory, and they have sued the Federated Suns, Duke Sandoval, and a half dozen other people. Idiots. I don’t even know who would want to pay them anymore.

Anyway, Pada Vinson has just sent me a death threat. I laughed at it. If his ability to follow through on a threat is anything like his ability to command a mercenary unit…well, let‘s just say I have more to worry about from a diseased bum in the Solaris City streets than I do from Pada Vinson.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-23-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:01 AM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec 4, 3040 - We get a match with medium mechs in The Coliseum.

This is with a DeLon elite pilot with a modified Trebuchet 5S with two SRM6s, three medium lasers, and 18 heat sinks to fire them all. He has edge: 1.

Hunchback Trebuchet

Alright, here we go.

First two rounds, we don’t find each other.

We run into each other on the third after each of us goes around a giant column. I miss a 3 for the AC20, how dumb. I get hit with every weapon he has.

This time I hit and destroy his LA. I need a 3 to stay standing after taking a ton of damage, and I fail, falling down.

I get up and run around the column right in front of him. He destroys my RA and I destroys hits LT.

He hits my AC20 and I hit his hip actuator and he falls. I kick him and destroy his LL.

I order my AC20 ammo to be dumped and back up behind a pillar where I hope Mr Legless cannot follow.

I stand where I am as the ammo dumps.

The next turn I move to where he was, expecting to still see him there. I shoot him with the medium and small lasers that I have left and take the damage he deals back.

I hit his engine and gyro next turn. He hits my AC20 a few more times. He falls, and his CT is destroyed and the mech is down.

Victory, but expensive.

Wallet - 450,000 take home

Dec 18, 3040 - My people mourn the one year anniversary of the passing of the Duchy of Andurien.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-24-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #35
Tellistto
College Prospect

Climbing the ranks is getting you some much tougher opponents, so far so good though!

Tell
Old 10-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yup!

Old 10-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec 18, 3040 - My people mourn the one year anniversary of the passing of the Duchy of Andurien.

Dec 31, 3040 - The next Grand Melee is held, an end of year celebration in the Davion Stadium. This Stadium has the old Star League vintage tech holographic capability and can make any map they desire. The most popular is called the Boreal Reach in freezing cold and a chasm quite deep, but that will not be used today. Instead, this open tournament will be in a small quarters with the intention of being harsh, fast, and vicious.

They are playing today‘s event in the Sand Dunes, a recreation of a desert, with a few hills, but no foliage to speak of.

Because we won the last Grand Melee, there is no question that Starlight will sponsor us as one of the five in this one. The purse is 5,500,00 for the winner.

I will again be taking my Atlas.

Just like last time, random selection from the five entries, yadda yadda yadda.

Here they are:

DeLon - Atlas, elite, edge: 2
Blackstar - Banshee, elite, melee specialist
Bromley - Charger, elite, melee specialist
Fitzhugh - Awesome, elite
Silver Dragon - Charger 1A9, elite, edge: 2, tactical genius
Oonthrax - Zeus, elite
Lion City - Atlas, elite
Overlord - BattleMaster 1S, elite, edge: 1
Tandrek - Victor, elite
Zelazni - Cyclops 10Z, elite, edge:2
White Hand - Atlas, elite, edge:3

We are not playing Double Blind, which means no one can hide anywhere.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are starting on the south edge. That Charger pilot looks good.

As you can see, there are four Atlas’s running around in a sea of 12 mechs. A popular choice for this.

There are 6 AC20s, so have of the crowd is rocking the biggest baddest gun on the planet.

Time to play.

Their Victor starts right beside me. Also nearby is the White Hand Atlas.

I make a risky move and charge into the middle of the area. The Lion City Atlas exposes its rear to me and I fire. My AC20 hits its LT and its LRM ammo ignites and I kill it on the first turn. The DeLon Atlas hit’s the Banshee in the head with an SRM6 missle, it is a through armor critical, and hit’s the cockpit, killing the MW inside. The Banshee falls to the ground. Two kills this turn. The Oonthrax Zeus gets knocked unconscious by a head hit and falls. The Cyclops punches the Bromley Charger in the head and destroys it. Dead MechWarrior. A lot of death this turn.

With a lot less mechs in the area all of the sudden, I feel more naked and back up. I fire my LRM 20 and the Cyclops. The Charger 1A9 hit’s the Zeus head with its Medium Laser, killing the mech and the pilot within.

I run to somewhere where I get partial cover. The White Hand Atlas destroys the Cyclops RA.

I don’t’ move, to give myself a chance of hitting the major threat still around, the untouched Awesome. I hit it with all 20 missles. The White Hand Atlas falls.

The White Hand Atlas destroys the Cyclops, and its engine overloads and goes. It rakes the Victor and Atlas for damage.

I decide to move in to the Awesome to take it out now. The DeLon Atlas hits me for some LRM damage. I hit the gyro and engine of the Awesome with my AC20. The Victor destroys the White Hand Atlas’s cockpit. Another dead mech and MechWarrior. This has been vicious. The White Hand Atlas returns the favor by blowing up the Victor’s AC20 ammo. Both mechs kill each other, boom. The Awesome falls.

Mechs left: DeLon Atlas, Charger 1A1, Awesome, Battlemaster, me.

I destroy the RT and a second engine hit on the Awesome. I take a few Lrms from the Charger. The battleMaster and DeLon Atlas unload into each other.

The Charger destroys the Awesoms CT which pisses me off because that should have been my kill. Just four left.

I move towards the Charger. We both unload into each other, hitting with every weapon. The Battlemaster falls.

The Charger retreats, and I begin to move around a sand dune to hit it. The Atlas destroys the BM’s LT, while the Charge manages to hit a pair of leg actuaotrs on the DeLon Atlas. The BattleMaster is destroyed by akick.

Leaving DeLon Atlas, Silver Dragon Charger, and me.

They fire at each other. The Charger moves to the Atlas’s upper level and kicked. He destroys the Atlas’s ammo and it goes up. The Atlas pucnhes and destroyed the Chargers LT, LL and LA.

So it’s just me vs. a massively wounded Charger.,

I miss with Lrms

I hit with Lrms

My Lrms destroys its engine and it dies.

I gain Melee Specialist.

We win this round.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #39
Tellistto
College Prospect

Holy damn that was one deadly fight!

Tell
Old 10-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, quite bloody. Probably the bloodiest I've seen.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here are the other four winners:

White Hand, elite, Banshee 3S, which is really good, edge:3
DeLon, elite, Victor, edge: 2, maneuvering ace
Lion City, elite, Awesome, gunnery: laser, edge: 2, maneuvering ace
Tandrek, elite, Atlas, gunnery: ballistc

Old 10-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here we go.

I manage to win the roll for delplyment and go last, whew. That’s good.

I go last. Three of us attack the Awesome.

I go last this time too. I get a shot at the Victor’s back and take it, but to no result.

The Awesome makes a move towards me so I reciprocate. My AC20 cracks open its LL and hits its hip actuator. The Tandrek Atlas hit’s the Awesome with an AC20 too. In its head. Dead Awesome and pilot. Several PPCs lance into me but I remain standing.

I get a chance at the Tandrek’s Atlas’s reaer with my LRM20. I miss with the 5 needed, and the 9s on the Mls and SRM6.

I get another rear shot as I win initiative. My AC20 hits its RTR but I miss a bunch of 5s neede for lasers and SRM.

After a turn where I lose iniatiave and hide, I come back the Tandrek Atlas. I miss three 6s and only manage and glacing blow with the AC20. ARGH. Would you hit please. Damn.

This time, it outflanks me when I lose initiative. I manage to hit it with everything, and noot only it, but the Banshee, also tack me. Their Atlas falls, I stand.

I run mine over to theirs. I hit a foot actuaor in its RL when my AC20 cracks it open. It hits my LL with its AC20, but I have 21 armor left there. I kick it and it takes 20 damage to its LL where it has tons of armor left. It punches me twice in the LT and opens up my armor there.

I destroy their Atlas’s RA.

It hits my LRM 20 and the Banshee hits its hip actuator while I hit it in the CT with my AC20 and it absorbs the damage. It falls and I kick it for 21 damage.

I order my LRM20 ammo to dump. I miss with my weapons but kick it for 21 damage.

My ammo dumps. He destroys my LT, and I hit his ammo and he ignites. Kill for me, but I am with an arm and torso.

The only weapons I have left are two shots of AC20 and a medium laser. I decid eto get near the wounded Victor, who has been hiding for a long time, the little wuss. The Banshee hits my engine and gyro but I remain standing.

I decide to eject.

Several rounds later, the Banshee moves into the Victor’s range. A few rou nds of exchnage later and the modified Banshee wins it.

For coming in third, I win 750,000, 675,000 after take home.

I spend a lot to fix my Atlas. I spend my winnings from the last several events (not the one with the 5 million check thought)

Old 10-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It's rare that I...lose. Yuck. Ah well, silly Grand Melees.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jan 13, 3041 - We get a light mech mattle in Ishiyama. This is the Draconis Combine arena. It is a giant mountain, but the arena is below it in a bunch of tunnels. You have to hunt in this giant arena.

Our foe is a Lion City Javelin 10F, which is my favorite light mech. The pilot is elite.

Jenner Javelin

We each exchange Medium Lasers on the first turn in the caves. I manage to hit the Jav’s head once.

We exchange fire

We exchange fire. I have lost initiative every time, so I cannot run away and get deheated. That’s the only way I’m winning this, I have to win the initiatve.

Finally won it. We each hit each other with all four medium lasers. I kick it in the LT and it is destroyed.

I won this time only with Tactical Genius. A medoum laser hits its head and the mech falls silently to the round, the Lion City pilot killed.

Purse - 450k take home

Old 10-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Feb 6, 3041 - We get a heavy mech match in the Coliseum. I take the modified Orion. My foe.

Elite, edge: 1, our rival Blackstar, in the Davion arena - The Boreal Reach, this is the most popular of the maps available. He will be piloting a Thunderbolt.

Thunderbolt

Here we go.

We start near each other, and I open with an AC20 and LRM10. The AC20 hits, the LRM does not. I take a bunch of damage but manage to stay standing.

I charge near to him. I get another AC20 hit in its RL. I take a bunch again, neither of us falls.

I win initiative and run into his rear arc. AC20 to his LL, he does not fall. I punch his RA and it goes critical and gets a Limb Blown Off critical. Then I punch him in the head and take off all of the external armor.

Despite my abiliite,s I love init, and choose to stand still. He cannot get around me with his speed. He just spins so he can bear his weapons on me.

20 to his LT, a few SRMs. He hits me with every weapon he has left, which is almost everything. He kicks me and I stay standing. I punch him twice, and once of those hit’s a medium laser.

I lose initiatve and stay standing. He moves away so I cannot double punch again. So I go overheat and fire all non-LRM weapons. We destroys his LT. He hits two leg actuaotrs on my RL. I manage to stay standing.

I win, and move to his left side. L ead with everything and my AC20 hits hits LA, er, I mean LT, er I mean CT. Lasers follow and the mech dies.

Another kill.

Purse 540k take home

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-26-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:26 PM   #46
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Keep up the wins!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March 18, 3041 - We get another heavy match at The Jungle. I take it. Here is our foe:

Zelazni, elite, edge: 2, melee specialist, Warhammer

Orion 'Hammer

Okay, here we go.

By the way, the BV favors our opponent.

We each run at each other. I hit him for 8 with an LRM10, and I take a PPC.

I win init. I get in a good place, miss with my AC20 and hit with the SRM6.

I lost initially, but won after rerolling. I hit its LL for 20.

I win init. I miss a 5 for my AC20 but hit an SRM6. I get nailed and almost fall. I kick him and he takes 16.

I lose init. Hmm, what to do. I back up by some trees, but not in them, and he turns and follows. AC 20 on his RA and then I miss a 3 on the SRM6.

I lose again, and back up again. AC20 on its CT,and the SRM destroys its RA. It nails with with an alpha strike and I miss a 3 and fall.

I win init. I stand up and run into some trees. My AC20 hits his LL. He uses the turn to heat down.

I win init. I run up next to him. I alpha strike him with everything but my LRM10. He hits my hip actuators. I dole out some serious hurt. Bastards kicks and destroys my RL. I punch his RT and hit a ML. I fall.

I win init. I hop up. Time to end this. I alpha sstrike him with everything, and my last weapon, an SRM6, destroys his CT> I win. Missin ga leg, but I win.

Purse: 540,000

I get Maneuvering Ace.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-28-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

April 1, 3041 - We have an April Fool’s Day Grand Melee at The Coliseum, but I am held out, in preparation for a new match.

The winner comes from White Hand Stables.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

April 12, 3041, after having gone undefeated in duels, and winning one of two Grand Melees, I am now ranked just below the Top 20. After some maneuvering, I am able to nab a matchup with the #20 MW on the list.

My foe:

Glenn Edenhoffer, from Oonthrax in a modified Stalker.

Elite+ (that means 2/2, like me instead of 2/3 like others)
Edge: 3
Maneuvering Ace
Pain Resistance
Stalker 3H with a bunch of LRMs, heat sinks, and more.

Atlas Stalker

I can play any mech I want, but I am taking the Atlas. We are playing in The Factory.

Double Blind is on.

Purse is 2 million for the winner.

For four turns, we maneuver around the Factory, hunting for a head.

I pop out from around a bend and there the Stalker is. I am able to close into 13 hexes this turn, and fire my LRM20. I miss him, and he hits with both of his LRM20s.

I win init. I get to 9 spaces away. I manage to nail him with an AC20 to the RT, plus my Lrm20 huts him too. He hits me with two LRM20s, SRM6 and ML, and we both stay standing.

I lose Init but charge him. He runs right next to me. AC20 to hoits LT, plus some other weapons, but I dodge some of his fire. We both kick each other, no one falls.

I lose Init and run backwards 3. He moves away too in order to LRM20 me. I AC20 him and hit his LRM ammo and he goes up. BOOM!

We win.

We nab 1,800,000 C Bills.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-28-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #50
Tellistto
College Prospect

Was that MW able to eject or did he follow his Mech into death? Awesome fights you have going, that one wasn't looking great then bam, ammo up!

Tell